New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Hogwarts Redux

1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Hogwarts Redux

The night was quite active, but so far people aren't in much trouble yet; everybody's still far too careful to get caught, it seems.

Nobody got caught

Night 1 ends. Day 2 begins, and will end in ~72 hours.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

2. - Top - End - #62
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Only one of these is correct:

Drakeburn is an Anti-Prankster.
    Duck999 is an Anti-Prankster.
    Duneyrr is an Anti-Prankster.
    Indarra is ERROR SCRY INTERFERENCE.
    Logic is a Prankster.
    Ramsus is an Anti-Prankster.

So indarra as blocking abilities seem a little suspicious given anti pranksters would probably go all out attacking someone so boxing wouldn't help much. But lynching logic would confirm 34 as town of someone confirms me.

Edit: because apparently I can't count
    Last edited by Tom the Mime; 2017-06-16 at 02:37 AM.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Pixie in the Playground

I do think that lynching Logic is the right move. If this is somehow a single cast of Tea Leaves, then there's an %80 chance that Logic is an Anti-Prankster
    (Actually, it's 75% for me, since I know I'm a Prankster, but that's not applicable to everyone who is not me or anyone else who was scried as an Anti-Prankster, but was actually a Prankster. (If they were scried as an Anti-Prankster but were an Anti-Prankster, that would be 0%))
    I can't say that I would put Indarra at that same chance level, since some beneficial spells have warding as a side-effect. (Remedy Potion, for example)

Also, we don't need to lynch Logic to say that at least 3 of the ones scried are Pranksters, and if Logic does end up as Prankster, the rest of us are also in the clear (except Indarra, of course) sorry, Logic

Of course all of this hinges on a "False" result actually being False and not just inaccurate. EDIT: Well, that's cleared up. My argument stands.

Edit: Oh, yeah, and Duneyrr. Sorry, Duck, but there's still a 20% (25%) chance you're an Anti-Prankster
    Last edited by Duneyrr; 2017-06-16 at 01:39 AM.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Bugbear in the Playground

I did a crystal gaze on dunyerr and would rule out the fact he is an antiprankster. He is a prankster with a fairly neat power. I could tell you guy's a whole lot more about him. But frankly I think dunyerr should tell if and when he's willing.

I vote logic.
    And dunyerr
    Last edited by Iceseer; 2017-06-17 at 12:44 PM.
    thanks for linkele for my avatar

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

Publicly clarifying, since it has been asked by a number of people privately at this point: a "false" result on Tea Leaves is the opposite of a "true" result; if a Prankster is falsely scried, the scry will report them as an Anti-Prankster; if an Anti-Prankster is scried, the scry will report them as a Prankster.

- - - Updated - - -

Additionally, to publicly clarify: you cannot ever cast a spell for less than 1 Magic. You have to spend 1, 2, or 3 Magic to cast a spell.
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2017-06-16 at 01:07 AM.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

My Homebrew

6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground

Ok, just figured I should let everyone have a heads up on this so they don't get screwed over the way I have.

Last night my final action was to Borrow a Textbook from the Library. The action reads: "Borrow A Textbook: For the next three Night Phase time slots, any spell you cast from one Spell Class (chosen at the time this action is taken) counts its level as being 1 lower for the purposes of determining Magic cost. This cannot be stacked with itself."

What I got as a result was: "Your [spell type] spells during the next 3 Night Phase time slots are cast at +1 Level without any increase to the Magic cost."

That spell type is my specialty. Upon asking AV various questions about this and my role specialty (which involves a spell from my spell type specialty), I've gotten the answer that nope, I can't cast a 0 cost spell. This happens to interact incredibly poorly with my role ability (not being able to cast the spell at a lower level actually works out poorly for me). I asked if there was any chance of replacing the action with an equivalent one like visiting the Hospital and was told no, but that I can choose to not use the borrowed textbook to boost my spells.
    I pointed out that this is effectively punishing me for reading the rules the way they were written instead of exactly opposite of the way they were written, but AV stated they aren't changing their mind on the matter. Even though they never actually put the fact that you can't cast a 0 cost spell in the first post.

In this discussion AV told me I was "free" to leave the game if I don't agree with the decision multiple times. I find this incredibly rude since I never even once said anything about the decision being a matter of whether I play or not. (Though I do find it very unfair to be punished for the narrator's mistake in wording and leaving out important information from the rules.)

I'm not currently planning on leaving the game over it, but I do find it to be poor behavior to be rude to me for wanting to be able to play the role I was given with the rules as they were written or at least not be screwed out of an action for errors on the narrator's part.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

Plenty of other people were perfectly capable of asking questions to clarify the rules. Not everybody is as confident as Ramsus is that they're reading of the rules is universally both the correct RAW and RAI.

My Homebrew

8. - Top - End - #68
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

logic makes sense for a vote as well. Getting an anti Prankster or a 4 strong network is fairly win win.
    Last edited by Tom the Mime; 2017-06-16 at 02:44 AM.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Anti-Pranksters are in cahoots! And some pranksters are maybe also in cahoots, but if they are, certainly not as many.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom the Mime View Post

Logic is a Prankster.
    Ok, confession time. I am completely confused. Who are the wolves in this game? AV stated that Anti-Pranksters are in cahoots which suggests they are the wolves but Tom thinks Duck999 is an anti-prankster and voted to raise his magic!? This was then followed by the opposite from Iceseer who...

Quote Originally Posted by Iceseer View Post
    I did a crystal gaze on dunyerr and would rule out the fact he is an antiprankster. He is a prankster with a fairly neat power. I could tell you guy's a whole lot more about him. But frankly I think dunyerr should tell if and when he's willing.

I vote logic.
    And dunyerr
    Voted to up the magic of a prankster.

Tom the Mime due to the fact that he got me all confused in the first place and Fin
    Last edited by Fin; 2017-06-16 at 03:28 AM. Reason: Correct spelling and add in my votes
    Waiting for that day, when we all have the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Kris View Post
    I'll never trust you again. Even if we're on the same team. Even if the narrators tell me to.
    Monkeytar by me!/DYF Avatar by Mr Saturn!

10. - Top - End - #70
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

To clarify:

Anti pranksters are wolves. All but one of my scries are wrong (as I said) with tea leaves boosted like crazy. So the scry saying they're a wolf means they're probably town in this case and vice versa.
    Being a mime means never having to say you're sorry.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Orc in the Playground

Righto! Logic it is then.

Apologies for my ineptitude at following this one. I have never played a game with so little info about the roles before. Its like a completely blind WW game.
    Last edited by Fin; 2017-06-16 at 01:28 PM.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fin View Post
    Righto! Logic it is then.

Apologies for my ineptitude at following this one. I have never played a game with so little info about the roles before. Its like a completely blind WW game.
    The thing I like about Hogwarts - both the previous version of this game as well as the current version - is that while individual roles affect the game, they're still only one thing that affect the game. What actions you take and what spells you choose to use don't have to coincide with the amount of magic you have, the items you possess, or even your specialty. To be clearer, what I like about Hogwarts is that it's not only a game where everybody is a power role, but everybody is every power role. It's totally blind in some ways and totally open in others, giving players lots of options.

My Homebrew

13. - Top - End - #73
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    The thing I like about Hogwarts - both the previous version of this game as well as the current version - is that while individual roles affect the game, they're still only one thing that affect the game. What actions you take and what spells you choose to use don't have to coincide with the amount of magic you have, the items you possess, or even your specialty. To be clearer, what I like about Hogwarts is that it's not only a game where everybody is a power role, but everybody is every power role. It's totally blind in some ways and totally open in others, giving players lots of options.
    Don't get me wrong AV, I like the set-up I just wanted to make sure my understanding was on the same level as everybody elses. I didn't play the previous iteration so I have no measure to go by.
    Waiting for that day, when we all have the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Kris View Post
    I'll never trust you again. Even if we're on the same team. Even if the narrators tell me to.
    Monkeytar by me!/DYF Avatar by Mr Saturn!

14. - Top - End - #74
    Pixie in the Playground

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by Tom the Mime View Post

Logic is a Prankster.

So indarra as blocking abilities seem a little suspicious given anti pranksters would probably go all out attacking someone so boxing wouldn't help much. But lynching logic would confirm 34 as town of someone confirms me.

Edit: because apparently I can't count
    I don't have blocking abilities unless Stargazing can do things I wasn't aware of. Someone else also scried me, that's all.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

I am a Prankster. Since it looks like I am going to be killed, I'll give some of my info to hopefully help the pranksters narrow things down.

At dusk:

Ramsus and flat_footed could not be scried.

Tom the Mime, RoTWS, fin, & Duck did not cast spells.

EDIT: Following myself, I think Indarra or Tom should be investigated more fully. And if Tom is indeed telling the truth, that is 4 confirmed townies, but until Tom is investigated, I have no particular reason at the moment to think anyone is less than suspect.
    Last edited by Logic; 2017-06-16 at 08:07 AM. Reason: grammar, formatting
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by bosssmiley View Post
    You altruistic weirdo you!
    Discord: Spacecamp-Logic-Yako
    Former Avatar by Ceika, which I have long since lost a copy of.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

I was able to scry Indarra on everything except allegiance, which makes me suspect Heglaf's Scry Interference is in play because that was the only part Tom and I both scried. A Level 4+ Crystalgazing, by the way, is a Level 3 on the first target and a level n-3 on the second target (where n equals the level of the spell). As a result, I was able to scry Tom the Mime as well (my Crystalgazing was Level Six) and verify that he is a Prankster. Thus, let us check Logic and see.
    Last edited by RoTWS; 2017-06-16 at 11:05 AM.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

AV, is Heglaf's Scry Interference or some other interference mechanic in the game?

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

Scry Interference is a thing, but only the Alignment aspect of a scry.

My Homebrew

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh, and because I forgot I could vote for myself: Logic. Not that it matters much; I am aware I am perishing at the end of the day. The optimal Prankster play here is to vote for me, so I wonder who will be bucking the trend?
    Last edited by Logic; 2017-06-19 at 07:32 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #80
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post
    I am a Prankster. Since it looks like I am going to be killed, I'll give some of my info to hopefully help the pranksters narrow things down.

At dusk:

Ramsus and flat_footed could not be scried.

Tom the Mime, RoTWS, fin, & Duck did not cast spells.

EDIT: Following myself, I think Indarra or Tom should be investigated more fully. And if Tom is indeed telling the truth, that is 4 confirmed townies, but until Tom is investigated, I have no particular reason at the moment to think anyone is less than suspect.
    Ok, the bit about me not casting a spell at dusk is true so seeing as I know Logic isn't lying about that I will give benefit of the doubt and vote Indarra instead
    Last edited by Fin; 2017-06-16 at 01:33 PM.

21. - Top - End - #81

Well fin has a good point so i'll change my vote for indarra
    Last edited by Iceseer; 2017-06-17 at 12:43 PM.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Pixie in the Playground

Telling the truth ≠ Town. Logic is the sound vote for today. If he turns up Prankster, we can mark 4 known town. Having a 4+ town network on Day 2 is invaluable!

23. - Top - End - #83

Eh my vote doesn't count much anyway. I could edit it again. but yeah indarra did something really strange for the first day.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Duneyrr View Post
    Telling the truth ≠ Town. Logic is the sound vote for today. If he turns up Prankster, we can mark 4 known town. Having a 4+ town network on Day 2 is invaluable!
    Agreed. Whether Logic is prankster or not, his death will significantly help us.
    Avatar made by Bradakhan| Other avatars.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TFT on quicktopic
    Oh no, Duck999 is a mason.

How can I possibly suspect you of being a wolf now? :(

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Duck: Mason. A really shifty mason, but a confirmed role nonetheless.

Slii: Slii is town. He looks better than Duck even with that mason claim.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Duneyrr View Post
    Assuming Tom is also town and telling the truth.

As I already said, after my death, investigate Tom and Indarra.
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #86
    Orc in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

I can agree with that. Logic must 'ave detention so that others may not. Also, vote for thematthew, because I promise to spend all of that magic on making traps around the school. It'll be hilarious.
    Last edited by Thematthew; 2017-06-16 at 06:48 PM.
    Internet access is consistent now, but I'm about 17 hours ahead of PST these days.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fin View Post
    Ok, the bit about me not casting a spell at dusk is true so seeing as I know Logic isn't lying about that I will give benefit of the doubt and vote Indarra instead
    That also could have been a guess, for all you know.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #88
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post
    That also could have been a guess, for all you know.
    True, but it would be a risky one, especially since there are good scry spells to be had. It's likely true - but that only goes so far. Scrying is reliable, statistics are reliable, conjecture is not.

I can agree with investigating Tom, though that might be hard to do with scry interference. After today, there will undoubtedly be at least two people checking no matter what we say. If by some chance we DO get hard info on Tom, we can start basing decisions off of today's cleared Pranksters.

As soon as Logic turns up Prankster, we need to network and share info. I have a feeling a lot of us are going to get hit hard tonight.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Logic for president- reasons are private.
    TomTheMime for lynching (not that I think it's actually going to happen); I think that it's important to ensure that Tom is actually telling the truth before trusting his words. How easy would it be, in this situation, for him to lie about his scrying results and slide a wolf into a flock of otherwise confirmed lambs?
    Last edited by Eternis; 2017-06-18 at 07:45 PM.
    Xykon's not Evil. He just get bored really easily. And he doesn't have constructive hobbies.
    Spoiler: Gen/Degen
    Show
    Generation 4
    The first time you see this in a signature, put it in your signature and add one.
    Degeneration 92
    The first time you see this, copy it into your signature and subtract one.
    Spoiler: Super Secret Awesome Point Counter
    Show

Iceseer - 3

HUGS FOR ALL!
    Spoiler: I be an awesome pokemon
    Show

Spoiler: Le Quotes on le topic of Me
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Socksy View Post
    You're a perfect person.
    Isn't Socksy adorabibbles?

30. - Top - End - #90
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Eternis View Post
    Logic for president- reasons are private.
    TomTheMime for lynching (not that I think it's actually going to happen); I think that it's important to ensure that Tom is actually telling the truth before trusting his words. How easy would it be, in this situation, for him to lie about his scrying results and slide a wolf into a flock of otherwise confirmed lambs?
    Harder than you think, given he'd have had to convince me to lie about scrying him as town despite my distaste for doing the same thing twice in a row. I scried Tom as clean; verify me yourself if you wish.