New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [DBitp] How much pages does it take to gain a super form?

Vodkana was already used to her cat-pony form. (which some idiotic Igor has lost the great ref of it)
    "Cely-Chan!" she called with enthusiasm and was about to crush her into hug, and then she noticed her friends.
    she cupped her cheeks, and mewed. "Nya!!! YOU ALL SO ADORABLE!!!" she hurried and took a pics!
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

2. - Top - End - #122
    Colossus in the Playground

Artic scanned the room, managing to at least get comfortable on all fours, as best he can. At the bare minimum, what ever magics affected him were courteous enough to transform his armor too, in addition to affecting everyone else. At least he wasn't alone in his humiliation, but more strange is the kind of thing that Flake transformed into. What...bug-pony thing?

Okay... Artic sighed, trying to collect his wits. So we're here now, and there's a situation. Or there will be a situation.
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

3. - Top - End - #123

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post

Seeing the ruckus outside, a dark-skinned young man emerged from the library, carrying a thick tome in his arm and glasses atop his nose.

"Hail, strangers!" he said. "Be thou patrons of our great library, or hast thou come for other reasons?"
    With a simple gesture, Asalute ordered his men towards the human and begin patting him down, confiscating anything in the pockets they might detect, meanwhile he was scanned for unusual energy readings, both ki, and mundane.

We detected several suspicious persons around this area approximately two minutes ago. Asalute stated. Have you seen anything?

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Equestria, Mirror Portal
    Android 23 inspects herself in confusion: she had the same steely glare as always, her coat is pure white, and her mane and tail are orange while her are green as always, she is pure pegasus species wise and if not for different colors would be dead ringer of Rainbow Dash. she checks her flank and the Cutie Mark upon it is one pure red heart surrounded by a smaller yellow, orange and purple. Guess her talent was her ability to stay Determined. She checks her hooves, no drainer palms? Then she feels her forehead. Yep the cybernetic drainer gem thing was on her fore head underneath her mane in place of a horn. Makes sense.
    "Hm..."

She looks over at another white coated pony, who had a longer black haired mane and blue eyes, with a similar cutie mark to her own, but with green blue and light blue hearts instead, almost as if the two cutie marks were two halves of some greater one- Android 22. She seemed just as confused as 23. However she is instead unicorn rather than pegasus.

Masala seems completely fine and sees nothing confusing about the situation. She is in fact energetically already testing her small green filly body, stand on two legs without trouble and having a unicorn horn as well and use magic to float, 22 quickly instinctively pulling her back down with magic then being confused as to how she can do that, her expression blinking.

Finally 23 looks at Captain Flake: she fallen on the floor Her wings are indeed insectoid, her eyes a solid blue, her body a white carapace, her tail is oddly unchanged being just as lizard/ratlike as usual, and of course she is completely bald.
    "The devil!? What is this....this.....I'd accuse you of sorcery.....but I know magic actually exists.....yet for some reason I still feel as if that would be barbaric of me. Instead: What is this trickery!?"
    Yes, trickery sounds more civilized. She struggles to stand up.
    "Is this how you greet new guests to your kingdom!? I find this rude at the very least and can list a very many more things that are possibly wrong with this."
    Android 23 just looks at Celestia with a raised eyebrow.
    "Sigh.....let me guess: you DID NOT install a spell into the portal to make sure everyone not a pony who comes through is in disguise just in case or as a prank, and this is completely new to you."
    Princess Celestia shook her head. "No, I did not," she replied, as Starlight discussed the scroll with the Doctor. "The Crystal Empire, despite their culture of love and harmony, some of them did have a tendency to produce rather tricky magic however. I would not put it past them to do such a thing, but what puzzles me is why it did not affect Starlight or The Doctor."

"Oh, I never use the portal, I always go around," The Doctor remarked.

Celestia nodded. "Still ... as I said, I can change you back easily enough, but considering the situation, I would be appreciative if we delayed that. We may have to travel through areas where others may see you, others not a part of the Organization. I would rather not have word of alien visitors spread amongst the public quite yet."

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Ing View Post
    Artic scanned the room, managing to at least get comfortable on all fours, as best he can. At the bare minimum, what ever magics affected him were courteous enough to transform his armor too, in addition to affecting everyone else. At least he wasn't alone in his humiliation, but more strange is the kind of thing that Flake transformed into. What...bug-pony thing?

Okay... Artic sighed, trying to collect his wits. So we're here now, and there's a situation. Or there will be a situation.
    Princess Celestia nodded. "Indeed. I believe Starlight can fill you in on the matter, but first ... Artic and ... I'm sorry, I do not believe we have met?" Celestia inquired of Flake.

Meanwhile, The Doctor was talking to Starlight. "This is absolutely brilliant," he remarked. "I have to hand it to future you, I never would have thought of securing a stable time loop over multiple iterations...."

With a simple gesture, Asalute ordered his men towards the human and begin patting him down, confiscating anything in the pockets they might detect, meanwhile he was scanned for unusual energy readings, both ki, and mundane.

We detected several suspicious persons around this area approximately two minutes ago. Asalute stated. Have you seen anything?
    "Bwuh ... excuse me!" the scholar huffed. "This is extremely rude! Do you treat all your scholars this way?!" The soldiers wouldn't find anything on him except the tome he was carrying, which appeared to be an ordinary book on animal husbandry, the kind you would expect to see in this time period. "I have been reading my book all day, thank you very much! I have not seen anybody else all day, nor would I care to see you, so if you would kindly leave me to my studies...." Unless physically stopped, he would snatch his book back, turn around, and attempt to walk away to find a shady spot under a tree to read.
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2017-08-01 at 12:08 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

5. - Top - End - #125
    Titan in the Playground

Equestria
    "I am Captain Flake, also known as Sailor Arcos."
    Flake says plainly.
    "Love and harmony you say? How is it love and harmony to transform someone to conform to someone elses standards of appearance? And you profess love and harmony yet you are afraid of the public knowing of aliens? Seems suspicious to me."
    She looks out the window, scrutinizing the city outside, the beautiful pony architecture. She clearly isn't buying any of this.
    ".....Alright I admit this is real beautiful, now where are the slums your taxing dry to fund the construction and upkeep of all this opulence? Is it visible in another window, or are using illusions to keep up appearances?"
    In Flakes experience, the gaudier and more beautiful the palace and whatnot the more piles of wooden shacks and the families within were bled dry to paint it. She saw it with many planets she visited, and Hailing's palace itself is probably an example now that she thought about it- an excessively hedonistic lifestyle and beautiful palace weren't cheap or free after all. Someone had to be paying for Hailing's debaucheries even if they didn't know it. To her, why would Celestia be any different?

Meanwhile 23 sighs.
    "Figures. oh well. Might as well try to get used to walking like this......man, I already miss hands."
    She says as she walks around, awkwardly.
    "I can't......feel any little wiggliness or anything, its not....right. As if my arms stopped at the wrist or something, and wings, uuuugh, they feel so awkward to move. Nothing feels like a proper grabby thing. Wheres my grabby thing that I manipulate all objects through? Also, the horizontal-ness, I'm supposed to be vertical!"
    "Yeah....I don't think human minds are adapted to work this anatomy properly."
    22 agreed, walking a little unsteadily herself.
    "There are just so many things that will throw us off. I think we'll have to spend some time just training to be useful in these bodies at all. If our usual fighting styles will even work in them."
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

6. - Top - End - #126

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post

"Bwuh ... excuse me!" the scholar huffed. "This is extremely rude! Do you treat all your scholars this way?!" The soldiers wouldn't find anything on him except the tome he was carrying, which appeared to be an ordinary book on animal husbandry, the kind you would expect to see in this time period. "I have been reading my book all day, thank you very much! I have not seen anybody else all day, nor would I care to see you, so if you would kindly leave me to my studies...." Unless physically stopped, he would snatch his book back, turn around, and attempt to walk away to find a shady spot under a tree to read.
    Shut it, xeno. We're not taking any chances here, not on our safety, not on yours, either. Asalute barked back at the scholar.

<He's clean.> One of the Arcosians says to Asalute in their native tongue, releasing the scholar once they found nothing of interest.

<What about the book?>

One of the guards was flipping through the book. <Translation is incomplete.> The scouter is able to translate alien languages, but brand new ones required time to decipher. As a result the translation was incomplete, but there was enough that the tome's identity and topic could be deciphered. The science team might have some use for it in the interest of cataloging and xenobiology, but fortunately for the scholar, the Royal Guard were not the science team's errand boys, as much as the latter wish they were.

<But it's clean, too.> With that he handed the tome back to the scholar.

Asalute simply grunted in acknowledgment, turning to the scholar. Your cooperation was appreciated.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Titan in the Playground

Vodkana mewed, as she was ignored. She used her feline tail to play with Ipaw. She let the grown ups to discuss things.

------
    My previouse Avater

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ogre in the Playground

Equestria
    "I am Captain Flake, also known as Sailor Arcos."
    Flake says plainly.
    "Love and harmony you say? How is it love and harmony to transform someone to conform to someone elses standards of appearance? And you profess love and harmony yet you are afraid of the public knowing of aliens? Seems suspicious to me."
    She looks out the window, scrutinizing the city outside, the beautiful pony architecture. She clearly isn't buying any of this.
    ".....Alright I admit this is real beautiful, now where are the slums your taxing dry to fund the construction and upkeep of all this opulence? Is it visible in another window, or are using illusions to keep up appearances?"
    In Flakes experience, the gaudier and more beautiful the palace and whatnot the more piles of wooden shacks and the families within were bled dry to paint it. She saw it with many planets she visited, and Hailing's palace itself is probably an example now that she thought about it- an excessively hedonistic lifestyle and beautiful palace weren't cheap or free after all. Someone had to be paying for Hailing's debaucheries even if they didn't know it. To her, why would Celestia be any different?
    Celestia shook her head. "Equestria is rich in natural resources, so cost is not an issue," she replied. "As for the rest, I would be more than happy to answer your questions later, but for now, we have more important things to discuss."

Celestia led the way to the royal conference room, where she sat at the head of the table. "Now for the issue at hoof. Starlight, I believe you have obtained some vital intelligence?"

Starlight nodded. "Yes. From ... myself in the future," she said. "I was hesitant to accept it at first, but if we set a closed time loop, it should mitigate any negative effects on the time stream. Princess Celestia ... I will not 'beat around the bush'. In seven days, unless we do something, you are going to die. Desert Storm has gained some kind of 'antimagic', or 'anti-ki', that will make divine beings such as yourself completely ineffectual against him. According to, well, myself, he will kill you, then attempt to take over Equestria in your stead, believing himself to be a more competent ruler."

Celestia frowned and nodded. "This is ... consistent with my recent visions, although it does provide some insight as to the nature of the threat. That is why I wanted to bring in the rest of you as well. By my understanding, Desert's new power hails from your own world, or collection thereof. Tell me, have you any insight into this matter?"
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2017-08-16 at 10:42 PM.
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

9. - Top - End - #129
    Titan in the Playground

Equestria
    "Sounds like something I've read. and something else that attacked Apfel. The same energy used by the Trombone cultists, some ancient band of anti-god terrorists. As well as an assassin that tried to take out Apfel. My guessing? Your divine, so they to want to kill you if they're aiding Desert. Basically they believe that the gods aren't doing enough to fix things, and their solution is to destroy reality. These are fanatics that are crazy enough to destroy everything so that all can know the peace of the void. If they are what we facing, my solution would be to destroy them before they destroy us all. But....your planet, your choice."
    23 says with a frown, 22 looks at her pony form.
    "To be honest, I'm not sure how lethal we can really be, so many of our techniques rely on humanoid physiology to perform. Ki has a certain connection to the chakras and biology of the person using it, different biology, different ki flow, its all holistic, thrown off even more by the fact that we're cyborgs. Its like trying to speak an entirely different language. and if we don't get fluent, we won't be able to harness all of our power."

10. - Top - End - #130
    Titan in the Playground

Vodkana 'How come I have never heard of those meanies?!'

------
    My previouse Avater

11. - Top - End - #131
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    Vodkana 'How come I have never heard of those meanies?!'
    "...."
    "...."
    "Vodkana we did an entire MST on their stupid book. You weren't listening? We try to share these with people so that they can laugh."
    "I listened! It was really funny, like the stories other 23 and 22 used to read me!" Masala chirped happily.

12. - Top - End - #132

Oh I remember those! They were friggin' hilarious! Artic chirped.

I haven't met these Trombone cultists. I can only speak for the assassin who tried to kill Apfel. It's not any mystical or supernatural power,
    it's purely technological, with the same principle of any firearm. Point, and shoot. Drains the user's ki temporarily, leaving them vulnerable. It's not any technology i'm aware of, and I looked. As far as I can tell, it's a very unique piece of technology, either a prototype, or the only one of its kind, in the possession of someone who I am told is one of the galaxy's best assassins.

Given that said assassin seems to have a grudge against Apfel and only Apfel, and the rarity of the technology, I think we can rule out tech. This leaves Trombone cultists.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

Princess Celestia nodded to 23. "Still, as much as Desert Storm is a threat, we have to remember that he is a victim here too," she reminded them. "All of his actions are a result of being infested with the Nightmare parasite. Whilst I know we can use the dragon balls to wish him back to life if necessary, I would like to prioritize freeing him from the Alicorn Amulet's control. Even if that means destroying it, and potentially altering the timeline. I will ask you straight away: Do you think this is something you can do? Or should we start looking at ... other alternatives?"

While Celestia spoke with deep concern, the group could also feel Starlight watching them, waiting to see their answer. Would they prioritize the deadly but easy solution, or would they attempt a more peaceful, albeit still violent option first?
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

14. - Top - End - #134
    Titan in the Playground

Equestria
    23 looks at 22 and they seem to have a wordless exchange of glances then 23 gestures with her hoof to speak.
    "....We'll destroy the amulet. If the timeline is going to change anyways, we've nothing to lose from getting rid of the true evil to sake of some hypothetical future scenario. The timeline we spoke of might not even happen, and we can't assume it will, we were only holding to non-interference out of your own wishes to not mess with Equestrias timeline. We will respect your wishes again by going for the amulet and not Desert Storm. If you think that he can be saved, then we trust your judgement on this. You'd have a better grasp on these things than us."

15. - Top - End - #135
    Titan in the Playground

Vodkana giggled.
    "Ohhh... Those? About the whinny namekian? Nya?" she has asked.
    'They are hilariouse! I just... Never thought there were an actual people who believed in it. Judging daddy Nyahahahaha!" she laughed.

Vodkana paused at Celestia's question.
    "I think I can use my ki paws as non lethal... Though..." she raised her foreleg looking at it. "I'll have to adjust"

------
    My previouse Avater

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ogre in the Playground

Princess Celestia nodded to Starlight, who spoke up.

"We have one week, but we should be ready before then," she replied. "If the inevitable battle should take place well away from pony society, I will personally turn the rest of you back to your normal forms. However, I think we should account for the possibility that it might not. In which case, the rest of you will have to prepare. Vodkana already has some experience with her new form, so she and I will help you adjust. Although you should find such adjustments occur quickly, possibly by the end of the day, if your transformations are anything like our regular polymorphic spells."
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

17. - Top - End - #137

Idly, Artic ran another diagnostic through his suit's systems. It had transformed in shape with him. Fortunately what ever sorceries changed its shape also changed its internals, as it was reading all green.

More training it is, then.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Titan in the Playground

"Nyahahaha! Finally! Vodkana-Sensei! I like the sound of it!"

------
    My previouse Avater

19. - Top - End - #139
    Titan in the Playground

"Eh, I don't think it'll be hard enough to require a sensei, it just needs some getting used to,
    you don't burden yourself Vodkana. Come on, lets start with getting walking down by touring things a little..."

23 starts walking around to see the sight 22 and Masala follows. Flake shrugs and follows, thinking that was best as well.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ogre in the Playground

Starlight grinned slightly, allowing herself to drop her guard for a moment and get excited about showing her friends around Equestria.

"Come on! I'll show you around Canterlot. There's this one tavern that makes the best sweetcakes and coffee. They don't make klah, unfortunately, buuuut, if we gave them the ingredients...."

Princess Celestia held up a hoof and beckoned to the former-Arcosians. "One moment please, there is one last matter I would like to address with you two. Especially you, Artic."
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

21. - Top - End - #141

It's the armor, isn't it? Artic thought out loud. You don't want your people introduced to foreign technology, else they may try to advance before they are ready, and during a time where a planet-killing psychopath controls most of the stars in the sky.

I'd take it off but...ah, no hands.
    He raised a hoof.
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2017-10-07 at 12:06 AM.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ogre in the Playground

It's the armor, isn't it? Artic thought out loud. You don't want your people introduced to foreign technology, else they may try to advance before they are ready, and during a time where a planet-killing psychopath controls most of the stars in the sky.

I'd take it off but...ah, no hands.
    He raised a hoof.
    "Actually ... that's only part of it," Celestia replied. "I realize that your armor is an important tool and weapon, so I was going to ask you to see a pony named Steam Punk to have him disguise it for you. But of greater concern is your new form. I do not know why, but while the portal changed your friends into regular ponies -- or a sphinx, in Vodkana's case -- for your kind, it appears to have turned you into creatures called changeling, insect-like ponies with the ability to change shape at will. Unfortunately, tensions with the Changelings are at an all-time high, with the risk of war breaking out any day now, so ponies are somewhat ... wary of the changelings right now, especially in light of their recent attacks. While you could remain in your current forms, I thought it would be helpful to teach you to master the changelings' transformation abilities so that you may disguise yourselves at least as regular ponies, though I would ask you to remain as such in the public eye."
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2017-10-11 at 10:18 AM.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

23. - Top - End - #143

Artic absorbed that. Though he wasn't a changeling, at least not really, he still bristled that he had to be punished accommodate the sensibilities of idiots who didn't realize that not every member of a species thought or acted exactly the same way they did. It's always bugged me how much things can change, yet say the same.

Heh, 'bugged.' 'change.'
    He allowed himself to chuckle at his own unintentional puns. I can do that. But first, let me-Ah! Got it! There was a hissing sound as Artic's armor opened, allowing him to step out. Unlike Flake, whose carapace was a distinct white, he was virtually indistinguishable from ordinary changelings with a jet black carapace. The only difference is that his shell was an icy blue, wings, white, his eyes a cool cerulean.

And...ah...I need to..get used to having-ah-lungs. He remarked before looking over himself. He was different, that much he could tell right away, but what struck him most of all was when he lifted his forelegs, they were covered in holes, holes that went right through! They didn't hurt at all but it was so bizarre and almost macabre that he couldn't help but stare in horror and fascination. This is normal, right? He asked. Please-ah-tell me this is normal!

24. - Top - End - #144
    Titan in the Playground

Flake
    "Hm......Very well, that is fair. I notice you place a lot of emphasis on secrets and keeping things quiet. Always the subtle hand. Like, right now. How do reconcile that with that Honesty virtue you hold so dear?"
    Flake asks observantly.

Androids
    They follow Starlight to wherever she leads them.
    "Sounds like a good time. Just start off slow."
    "It'll certainly be interesting to see the local culture. Masala, don't eat too much, I don't think we the proper local currency to pay for it. Nor do we want to get stuck making dishes."
    "Aaaaaaooooooow."
    They look around curious at the architecture and people of Canterlot. What do they see?

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

Artic absorbed that. Though he wasn't a changeling, at least not really, he still bristled that he had to be punished accommodate the sensibilities of idiots who didn't realize that not every member of a species thought or acted exactly the same way they did. It's always bugged me how much things can change, yet say the same.

Heh, 'bugged.' 'change.'
    He allowed himself to chuckle at his own unintentional puns. I can do that. But first, let me-Ah! Got it! There was a hissing sound as Artic's armor opened, allowing him to step out. Unlike Flake, whose carapace was a distinct white, he was virtually indistinguishable from ordinary changelings with a jet black carapace. The only difference is that his shell was an icy blue, wings, white, his eyes a cool cerulean.

And...ah...I need to..get used to having-ah-lungs. He remarked before looking over himself. He was different, that much he could tell right away, but what struck him most of all was when he lifted his forelegs, they were covered in holes, holes that went right through! They didn't hurt at all but it was so bizarre and almost macabre that he couldn't help but stare in horror and fascination. This is normal, right? He asked. Please-ah-tell me this is normal!
    "Be not concerned, that is perfectly normal," Celestia assured him.

Flake
    "Hm......Very well, that is fair. I notice you place a lot of emphasis on secrets and keeping things quiet. Always the subtle hand. Like, right now. How do reconcile that with that Honesty virtue you hold so dear?"
    Flake asks observantly.
    "To put it simply, even I did not know of the many other world in this universe until a few years ago," Celestia replied. "I knew of several alternate Equestrias, but it wasn't until we recovered the mirror portal that I knew about worlds other than our own. It is a lot to take in, and while I do intend to eventually reveal the existence of other worlds, to do so now would simply cause chaos. It must be done slowly, gradually. I have already put plans into motion to help ponies adapt to the idea of the existence of other worlds through fictional literature and other subtle cultural shifts, but it will take some time before we are ready to join the larger intergalactic community. Quite possibly until late 900s or early 1000s, or the mid-700s to use your time scale. Besides, while I realize changes to the timeline are necessary in order to distance Universe 13 from its origin universes, I do still have ... a plan that I must ensure comes to pass. Somepony I've yet to save...."

Glancing back and forth between the two 'changelings' Celestia nodded satisfactorily. "Now, all you should need to do is focus on the form you wish to take, animate or inanimate, and channel that image into your magic, or 'ki' as you call it. your new biology should take care of the rest."

Androids
    They follow Starlight to wherever she leads them.
    "Sounds like a good time. Just start off slow."
    "It'll certainly be interesting to see the local culture. Masala, don't eat too much, I don't think we the proper local currency to pay for it. Nor do we want to get stuck making dishes."
    "Aaaaaaooooooow."
    They look around curious at the architecture and people of Canterlot. What do they see?
    Starlight led the way to a little Tavern called the Salt Licks & Sweet Cakes. If the Androids were particularly eagle-eyed, they might notice it was at the same place where Donut Joe's would eventually be. They might also recognize the architecture as being similar to that one MLP episode that was a version of A Christmas Carol, where Princess Luna finally got her own song. Starlight led the group to a small table near the window.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

26. - Top - End - #146
    Titan in the Playground

Flake
    Flake wills herself to change, and her form changes to resemble a pony that wouldn't look out of place in the army or the royal guard, clean blue short-cut mane, a stoic expression, white pelt, the only thing giving her away was her cutie mark of a magical girl suit. She made 23 look silly and casual by comparison with the way she carried herself.
    ".....I see. Hm. Now that I think about it, you are supposedly immortal, so it does make sense that you think very long term. Perhaps that is one of the differences, the rulers I know of, do not live as long as you. even if they think long term, they can't enforce their plans so far ahead for so long. Living shorter lives, it is harder to tell what will result from their actions in the long term and thus many live in uncertainty. There has been more than one ruler throughout history who became corrupt or selfish because of this."
    Flake however thought about the fact that she was their only one ruler without a line of succession. no the flaw wasn't that Celestia was a tyrant because she wasn't, the flaw seemed to be that her entire set up seemed incredibly fragile- with only a single ruler and no line of succession, Celestia's existence seemed to make or break Equestria as a nation at this point, like a new dynasty that just came into power but for all eternity- the individual leader on the throne was great yes, but that didn't mean a thing if the next ruler screwed everything up after that.

The Androids
    "Huh, nice. Uuuuh...
    Quick, what do you say about a place that is complimentary when it looks like something like out of an old history textbook to you?
    "The architecture is very elaborate." 22 saves her with a raised hoof
    "Yeah, really complex and well-designed, thats one area where modern architecture falls short,
    its so often square, utilitarian and plain. Ponies seem to always have interesting designs for their buildings however."

"They all look like gingerbread! Why can't more buildings look like gingerbread?" Masala asks.
    "Well except for capsule corp designs, they seem to have the round architecture thing down.
    Like I remember some buildings that are just a narrow tower with some globe at the top, where I think rich eccentrics lived because they didn't want an apartment with other people yet still wanted to overlook the city. So they put a round house at the top then put a cylindrical elevator under it to get to and fro. And there are those that have spheres branching off of buildings like trees....."
    23 thoughtfully put a hoof to her chin while thinking
    "Yeah, but the capsule corp round buildings always seems a little impractical? I mean domes are cool and all, but there is a reason why the square design is there, its more efficient with the space...."
    "Well regardless, I think the ponies are better at decoration, I mean all the buildings in our time were nothing but WHITE going on and on forever, I mean sure the C-Pod look is sleek and streamlined but come on, you need to spruce things up somehow..."
    23 spread her hoof, gesturing at the place around them. The C-Pod is basically this universes version of a iPod if your curious.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2017-10-11 at 01:07 AM.

27. - Top - End - #147

My understanding is that someone who is being honest isn't -ah- necessarily obligated to tell the truth. Artic mused. He tried to form an image in his head. He then willed his ki to manifest the image. A process that was...surprisingly intuitive, like he's known how to do it all his life. In a flash of cerulean flame, Artic is replaced by a pony with a pale white coat and a blue mane. Artic didn't have a cutie-mark, but that's easy to overlook considering Artic shape-shifted into a something that was obviously a robot-unicorn, the body of which was covered by ceramic plates and bundles of artificial muscle fibers.

Usually when withholding the truth serves a better purpose. The parable of the Inquiring Murderer, as it were. Artic said in a more metallic, tinny voice befitting his mechanical form. The Inquiring Murderer goes something like this: A man with a knife wound on their arm comes up to your door in a panic and tells you there's someone trying to kill him. Being a good person, you let them into your house to hide. A few minutes later, another man's at your door. He's holding a knife with blood on it, and is asking if you saw a man come by not long ago. What do?

Artic saw himself in the mirror-portal. He had to admit, he actually looked quite good, but these primitives would probably disagree. Trying again, he tried to forego any technical information he was thinking of that might have interfered with his previous shapeshift. Be a pony. A perfectly organic pony.

In a cerulean flash, he had better results, this time taking the form of a perfectly ordinary looking unicorn stallion with a light grey coat and cerulean mane, tail, and eyes. Cutie mark of a cog, with a pattern of Ones and Zeroes overlaid.

Think i've got the hang of it. He smiled.
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2017-10-11 at 01:32 AM.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Titan in the Playground

23 didn't wanted Vodkana as Sensei? So be it. Vodkana silently enjoyed visiting again the magical land.

Somewhere nearby, A pony called Steam Punk sneazed.

------
    My previouse Avater

29. - Top - End - #149
    Titan in the Playground

Cream coated pony with brown mane, and Gear for a cutie mark. He a little bit over weight and bearded.
    The pony wave. 'Oh! The famouse friends of Celi and Starli!" he bowed.
    "May I order for you anything on my acount? I am Steam Punk, by the way. I am sure you have heard everything about me."

------
    My previouse Avater

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground

Flake

Flake wills herself to change, and her form changes to resemble a pony that wouldn't look out of place in the army or the royal guard, clean blue short-cut mane, a stoic expression, white pelt, the only thing giving her away was her cutie mark of a magical girl suit. She made 23 look silly and casual by comparison with the way she carried herself.

".....I see. Hm. Now that I think about it, you are supposedly immortal, so it does make sense that you think very long term. Perhaps that is one of the differences, the rulers I know of, do not live as long as you. even if they think long term, they can't enforce their plans so far ahead for so long. Living shorter lives, it is harder to tell what will result from their actions in the long term and thus many live in uncertainty. There has been more than one ruler throughout history who became corrupt or selfish because of this."

Flake however thought about the fact that she was their only one ruler without a line of succession. no the flaw wasn't that Celestia was a tyrant because she wasn't, the flaw seemed to be that her entire set up seemed incredibly fragile- with only a single ruler and no line of succession, Celestia's existence seemed to make or break Equestria as a nation at this point, like a new dynasty that just came into power but for all eternity- the individual leader on the throne was great yes, but that didn't mean a thing if the next ruler screwed everything up after that.
    Princess Celestia nodded. "Of course, uncertainty is not always a bad thing," she remarked. "One of the downsides to being so long-lived is that everypony grew up with me as the Princess of Equestria, leading them to believe that I am infallible. Were I to suddenly vanish or be killed, the land would fall into chaos. I am attempting to remedy this, but I need more time." Hence why the year 1,000 CR (Celestia's Reign) has four princesses instead of just one.

The Androids

"Huh, nice. Uuuuh...

Quick, what do you say about a place that is complimentary when it looks like something like out of an old history textbook to you?

"The architecture is very elaborate." 22 saves her with a raised hoof

"Yeah, really complex and well-designed, thats one area where modern architecture falls short, its so often square, utilitarian and plain. Ponies seem to always have interesting designs for their buildings however."

"They all look like gingerbread! Why can't more buildings look like gingerbread?" Masala asks.

"Well except for capsule corp designs, they seem to have the round architecture thing down. Like I remember some buildings that are just a narrow tower with some globe at the top, where I think rich eccentrics lived because they didn't want an apartment with other people yet still wanted to overlook the city. So they put a round house at the top then put a cylindrical elevator under it to get to and fro. And there are those that have spheres branching off of buildings like trees....." 23 thoughtfully put a hoof to her chin while thinking

"Yeah, but the capsule corp round buildings always seems a little impractical? I mean domes are cool and all, but there is a reason why the square design is there, its more efficient with the space...."

"Well regardless, I think the ponies are better at decoration, I mean all the buildings in our time were nothing but WHITE going on and on forever, I mean sure the C-Pod look is sleek and streamlined but come on, you need to spruce things up somehow..."

23 spread her hoof, gesturing at the place around them. The C-Pod is basically this universes version of a iPod if your curious.
    "Actually, dome-shaped buildings are the most sturdy design possible, evenly-distributing any pressure while providing minimal leverage for destructive forces, whether they be natural or artificial in nature," Starlight remarked. "Overall, it's quite an intelligent design in a world as ... turbulent as yours." After all, if a rogue ki blast hit hit a house, a dome-shaped one would stand up to it better than a more traditional rectangular one.

At that moment, a cream-colored unicorn mare with a brown, close-cropped mane and tail approached the table. "Welcome! What can I get you today?" she asked.

"I'll have today's special, with extra special," Starlight replied. The mare shook her head.

"We're out of special I can give you extra fudge if you like?"

Starlight shook her head. "I don't like to fudge it," she replied. The mare took a seat. "This is Sweet Roll. She's a member of the organization, we occasionally use this restaurant as a front. Also, I still think that passphrase is kind of cringey."

"I thought it was clever...." Sweet Roll mumbled.

My understanding is that someone who is being honest isn't -ah- necessarily obligated to tell the truth. Artic mused. He tried to form an image in his head. He then willed his ki to manifest the image. A process that was...surprisingly intuitive, like he's known how to do it all his life. In a flash of cerulean flame, Artic is replaced by a pony with a pale white coat and a blue mane. Artic didn't have a cutie-mark, but that's easy to overlook considering Artic shape-shifted into a something that was obviously a robot-unicorn, the body of which was covered by ceramic plates and bundles of artificial muscle fibers.

Usually when withholding the truth serves a better purpose. The parable of the Inquiring Murderer, as it were. Artic said in a more metallic, tinny voice befitting his mechanical form. The Inquiring Murderer goes something like this: A man with a knife wound on their arm comes up to your door in a panic and tells you there's someone trying to kill him. Being a good person, you let them into your house to hide. A few minutes later, another man's at your door. He's holding a knife with blood on it, and is asking if you saw a man come by not long ago. What do?

Artic saw himself in the mirror-portal. He had to admit, he actually looked quite good, but these primitives would probably disagree. Trying again, he tried to forego any technical information he was thinking of that might have interfered with his previous shapeshift. Be a pony. A perfectly organic pony.

In a cerulean flash, he had better results, this time taking the form of a perfectly ordinary looking unicorn stallion with a light grey coat and cerulean mane, tail, and eyes. Cutie mark of a cog, with a pattern of Ones and Zeroes overlaid.

Think i've got the hang of it. He smiled.
    Celestia nodded in agreement. "I agree," she said. "The Parable of the Inquiring Murder, hmm? A rather gruesome, yet surprisingly accurate parable."

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    Cream coated pony with brown mane, and Gear for a cutie mark. He a little bit over weight and bearded.

The pony wave. 'Oh! The famouse friends of Celi and Starli!" he bowed.

"May I order for you anything on my acount? I am Steam Punk, by the way. I am sure you have heard everything about me."
    "I have not yet had time to get into 'everything'," Celestia replied. "However, I have explained that you are my top engineer. Furthermore, Artic here uses a power suit much like your own, albeit far more advanced. It must be disguised in order to blend in on our world."
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2017-10-21 at 04:16 PM.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show