Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default Total War - Edge of Chaos IC

"Total War - Edge of Chaos"

"The path of least resistance is the path of the loser."
    - H.G. Wells

The People's Address

The pulsating lights run along impossibly intricate grooves in the walls of sculpted stone, casting rhythmically undulating silhouettes around the perimeter of the rock garden, but the sole occupant pays them no attention. Their eyes are fixed into the middle distance, and their mind is not present. To be precise, it is approximately eighty three kilometers away, keeping to the pre-arranged meeting time.

The Parliamentary Hall of the Sensoriate is a sort of gilded lie: despite the building's position at the planet's capital city of Il-Feyraxis, the real power resides in the specially appointed psionic resonancy chamber that rests over fifty stories beneath the city's lowest mapped tunnels. It is where the Joyous have been holding their meetings ever since forming their intergalactic state two decades ago. In many ways, this nameless room has become the unofficial throne room of several worlds, a place where the fates of billions of souls are charted.

Adarai would not have it any other way, of course. The worm writhes intensely in the body of its Host, an older human male who has long since passed away. The usual orisons keep the man's body in a facsimile of life. He continues to blink and breathe, and the ascarii can use its connection to his brain stem in order to control his nervous system at a whim. However, the meeting to come will require a great deal of focus, and it would not do for an officially elected member of Parliament to appear to keel over and die out of nowhere, regardless of the worms having gone public with their true nature years ago. Optics are - and have always been - everything. Therefore, Adarai has banished hits entourage and found a quiet place from which to properly channel.

When it appears in the chamber, it does so in its natural form: a mass of thick rubbery flesh, reflective-black just like an oil spill come to life. It is twenty-nine feet from end to end. The hooked pseudopod that Adarai and its brethren use to attach to their Hosts wriggles in the air, as a kind of handshake. It is greeted by forty-nine others, the rest of the Joyous.

<Esteemed friends,> the Blissful begins, <my apologies for keeping you waiting. We have matters to attend to now on the eve of our supremacy. In my dreams, I hear the voices of planets across Principia, waiting to be drawn into our loving embrace. Let us see what we can do about indulging their fantasies...>

Working with Fire and Steel

"Strike the first rune upon the engine's casing employing the chosen wrench." The speaker's voice carries throughout the lecture hall, a massive circular arena of metal desks and muted electric lamps. At the center of the space is a raised dais, upon which stands a dissected mountain of machinery. Precisely, it is the left battery of a standard Exploratory Vessel engine, and Aspirant Choral could not be more enraptured. A chance to see one of the Elucidae themselves! Magister Haral is a masterful lecturer, his vibro-chords synced up with the cybernetic implants that each students receives upon passing the Rite of Initiation. Choral can feel his brain-waves adjusting in order to completely absorb the content and dump it into his long term memory banks.

"Its tip should be anointed with the oil of engineering using the proper incantation when the auspices are correct. Strike the second rune upon the engine's casing employing the arc-tip of the power-driver. If the second rune is not good, a third rune may be struck in like manner to the first." Magister Haral pauses, not for hesitation but for effect. The steel mask over its face manages to convey a certain attitude that Aspirant Choral can only understand as reverence. "This is done according to the true ritual laid down by Scotti the Enginseer. A libation should be offered. If this sequence is properly observed the engines may be brought to full activation by depressing the large panel marked 'ON'. Are there any questions?"

Aspirant Choral hesitates for a full four-point two seconds before raising his cybernetic arm. It is a new prosthetic, his Price of Flesh during the trials. He could not be prouder of the glorious limb that the Magisters have given him. The lenses behind the mask rattle as they zoom in across the lecture hall, singling him out from the crowd of other Aspirants. A single nod is enough of a nudge forward for him to stand and speak. "Vaunted Magister, are the rumors that one of our Exploratory Vessels has gone missing true? Some of us were curious about where it might have gone, and to what purpose."

A silence falls over the lecture hall, and the Aspirant is suddenly aware of hundreds of eyes on him. At the corner of his sightline, he sees the cameras in the hall turn on their axis to face him. For his part, Magister Haral remains completely expressionless. "It is true," the machine-priest says after a time. "There is no sense in keeping secrets from the Initiated, and all of you will learn this much eventually. Despite what it might appear, the Prefecture has many potential enemies. Therefore, the Elucidae have resolved to take steps to begin the Great Work earlier than expected. Our hands have been forced."

"If the Ancients and their Blessings have proved one thing to us, fellow Aspirants and Servitors, it is this: it does not matter how smart you think you are, there are always higher mysteries."

Weaving the Web

The pressurized double doors open with a hiss, and Ensign Officer Rukh steps onto the bridge of the Naga to salute his superior. The warship has been in geosynchronous orbit around Kouria for nearly a month now, the officer notes with some irritation. He does not understand why they've been waiting for as long as they have. It's true that the sector has gotten more... complicated since they've been gone, but there has not been a problem that the Director hasn't been able to apply his intellect to solve in the past. Staring out the triple reinforced window, he is barely able to point out the distant shapes of the rest of the Shadow Fleet, and even then he's looking for them. From a computer system's perspective the ship group is completely invisible, exactly as designed.

"Ensign Officer, report." The Director of Special Circumstances - also known as the agency Section 66 - sits in the command chair of his flagship, perfectly at ease. His imperial uniform is a navy blue, with none of the ostentatious gold trim that might normally accompany a veteran of his status. It contrasts his pale grey skin and deep orange eyes, the fluorescent lighting elevating the Arco-Medean's already high cheekbones and elegant features. Cantus Idrian surveys a holographic map of the sector, eyes narrowed in deep thought.

"The situation was as you anticipated, sir. With Deputy Director Kraphix at the helm, we were able to uncover the artifact intact and return it to HQ. It should be operational within the hour."

"Excellent," Idrian replies. His eyes have already assessed the man and moved on to other matters, as he waves him away to re-take command of the ship. The Annalyst Drive will be very useful, but his mind is already turning to possible results. Once they can tap into all chatter, they will be able to maximize their strikes for efficiency. It is not as though they will be lacking for enemies: the savage Orks, deadly robots, cutthroat pirates, and other rogue elements have had their time to run rampant through the Principia Sector. Today, Section 66 will begin the effort to restore order to what was lost.

"We will start our operations here, then," says the Director to nobody in particular. The rest of the bridge staff know better than to question him when he's smiling the way he is. It's a red smile, a blade smile, one that promises a bloody time to come. "We will pull our foes apart piece by piece. They will be the architects of their own destruction."

The Exile

The broadcast comes in on every channel simultaneously, all over the Principia Sector. It is translated instantaneously into hundreds of different languages and dialects, calculated to reach the most people by region. There is no stopping the signal - even old radios that have not been working for years pick up the voice on the other end of the line.

"<Hello hello, and welcome to the Truth! My name is Nefarious, and I'm here to liberate your minds from ignorance! Now, just for a few minutes, I humbly ask you to put aside the ramblings of your mad prophets, so-called enlightened autocrats, or whatever authority is you subscribe to, because the 'verse is about to get a whole lot messier!>"

"<You see, we here in the Principia Sector have run into a bit of a problem. There's not enough room, and too many people! The worlds are all filled up, my friends. But it's alright, Nefarious is here to help! I have a plan for you, are you ready? The plan is... NOOOOOOOO QUARTER!!! To all of you warmongers, murdering psychopaths, and genocidal forces out there, I'm gonna say: you do you. This whole galaxy could use a bit of a cleansing, if you ask me. And if you happen to kill each other in the process, I'm not gonna complain!>"

"<So I'll make you a deal, universe. If by the end of this year, we can get a high enough casualty count, I will personally send presents to every one of the sector's political leaders! How's that sound? I think I'll keep it a surprise for now, keep you all in suspense, you know. Nefarious out!>"

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    So we're good to go! We are live, people. Please remember to refer to the message format that I set out in the OP of the OOC thread, and ask me if you have any questions. The three NPC factions are up and ready to respond, but I might be a day or so between replies. Turn 1 will last for 1 galactic year in-game, but all of you have until 11:59 PM Eastern on Sunday to submit your EoTs.

In other news, I've rolled for this year's cosmic event, and I landed on "War of the Worlds". For this turn, all Military invasion costs of other systems (neutral or other faction) are reduced / more effective, down to a minimum of 3 invested with Attrition for neutral systems. When resolving PC to PC or NPC conflicts, Military will have more weight this turn. I'll be rolling for a new event every turn, and they all only last for one turn.
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2018-11-08 at 08:42 AM.
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Total War - Edge of Chaos IC

Atop The shining tower of Urruk's government, a hurried assembly is taking place. "As you may have heard, we are running short of mineral resources here. However, our scouts have discovered sufficient deposits in nearby uninhabited systems which could be used to our advantage. I recommend we construct a fleet of colony ships in order to take advantage of this opportunity." Mosk Ulen, founder of Urruk's largest space travel corporation is presenting. The tall, slender Urrukai is respelendent in a red and white robe trimmed with golden stars which glitter in the light filtering through the dome's massive windows. Of course, his point of view is not shared by everyone. "Of course that would bring profit, to you," Mrala Tempur, the real estate heiress counters, "We've all seen that space travel just isn't as profitable as you want it to seem. After all, although you're famous for it, we all know your real fortunes are in the arms industry." A hushed silence falls over the assembled plutocrats as they wait for the tech magnate's response, but they're sure of one thing. This is going to one of the most exciting quarters in history.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scjD_zrHbpA (To Set the Mood)

Zero Stigma

Fallen Anchor

The Pirate Clans hoot and Holar, drinks, and tankard raised in the air. All manner of vessel parked outside the massive fallen space station that stretches up to the height of some Sky Scraper. here is the Capital of Zero Stigma. Within the rusting out hull and halls one could find all manor of illicit business and means of entertainment...but none so populated as the 'Mantle' Tavern.

Located at the Base of the Spire shaped station, what used to be a hanger bay for massive freighters and capital ships has been renovated into one of the most massive taverns in the galaxy, where all manor of spacefarer and pirate stay share tales of daring escape and swashbuckling adventure! There was even a long stretching stage that went all the way to the middle of the massive hall, where in performers could do there work. At the moment, some sort of Pink skinned exotic dancer to stage. A Male of there species, neon green hair and a tight-fitting silver costume on. His body was flexible in ways uncommon to most, able to twist in all matters of odd ways.

"The Truth is hidden, like Flies on the Web~ I will Spread mine Far and Wide~ None Will hide~ Speaks the odd spider-like alien through a hologram projector on Alziben's wrist. Corotox, the Infamous Information broker. The Only one of his Kind, he has been active for..centuries. His Webs spreading to each corner of the galaxy

"Yes. good to hear how your day is going as Well, Corotox" Spoke The Man who needed little Introduction, but is more than happy enough to give one anyway. Pirate King Alziben Vos Stolikrov. Commander of The Red Wing, and Scourge of the Stars. "Section 66 is back then....it's been a long time" He says into the wrist comm, a somewhat happy expression on his face. he had dodged those dogs for most his life, The Pirate King Never being caught.

"My Lord. You should not speak of them as old Friends. True Rivals they are, but Friends..no. They must be disposed of. Quickly" Speaks the armored Alien woman, a blade made of black metal on her hip. The Mid-Knight, Deranei. Cold, Calculated, but unlike many Pirates, somewhat Honorable. it is said her race is descended had a very Martial tradition, trained in bladed and using their psionics to enhance themselves in combat. They had thought the Archo-Medians a worthy rival...but, they were foolish, spread out across there stars after there planet was destroyed. Now, they serve as Pirates or Mercenaries for those willing to take their oath.

"Relax" Says the Pirate king, a hand moving through his beard. it seemed the time of action was at hand. The New Alliance had to make there first moves in this global stage, now was the chance. He stands from his throne, raised far above the Mantle bar, made of melted slag and gold. When He rose, every head in the tavern turned to look at him. he was a man of Respect, Admiration..and fear. it was said that he landed on a planet on his on once, facing off an entire army with nothing but his pistol, his armor, and his sword. It's said, he won. "I haven't heard much of this Exile..But, If he is willing to reward for Raiding and Bloodshed..Why would we Deny him?" the Pirate King looks to the audience. Even the dancer stoped his performance to watch. The Pirate King smiles. They wanted the real show. "Well, the time to Rise to the occasion has come Mates. The Stars are our sea and The Planets ours to take. Treasure and wealth lie out there in the ruins of the Empires before us. And...In the Empires still around." He pulls his photon blade free, the Odd blade sparking to life as it projects it holographic blue beam blade. StarCutter was its name, and just the sight of it brought terror to its enemies hearts. "So! Let Us be Off then! We Plunder The Planets and Steal The Stars!" he Takes a glass of fine Wine from a distant planet, dyed blue. Dri king the whole glass he tosses it aside, slashing his blade in an intricate pattern, his eyepatch growing Faintly "Let today Mark a new Dawn For us. For Today, We begin our greatest act of Dishonor yet. We'll steal ourselves the Galaxy."

The hall echoes in uproarious applauds! Chants! And Of Course, A Shanty

The Stars have Heat, And The Sky Is Cold
    Our Frozen Hulls shake to the Core
    The Guns and beams that We Fire
    May Never Warm our Broken Souls!
    Yo Hooo Yo Hooo
    We Steal those Stars and Make it Home!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

"It is time," the Nascent Speaker whispers.
    Last edited by Let'sGetKraken; 2018-10-28 at 03:50 PM.
    Loser of Total War: Rise of Kingdoms
    as
    The Astral Collective

Winner of Total War: Hanrui 3
    as
    The Four Courts of Hanrui/The Equinox League

Plausible Victor of Total War: Pricipia
    as
    The Chrysaorian Hegemony

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

The Plutarchy of Urruk

A message is sent out. A broadcast is aimed at several factions in the southwestern part of the Principia Sector. It travels out, a video file secured by a fairly simple encryption, reaching first the Orks, followed by the Cortex of the Forgotten and the Astral Republics, before losing strength in the darkness of space and fizzling out.

Devotion 6
    To Orks, Cortex of the Forgotten, and Astral Republics
    Spoiler
    Show
    The video displays a group of seven beings, tall, slender, and bald, they grey-white skin shimmering faintly in the light filtering through a huge window behind them. Advanced aircraft are seen soaring past behind, their white shells gleaming against the bright blue sky. The first of the beings speaks. "We are the Council of Seven, rulers of the planet of Urruk in the Urr system. We have one question for you. What is it you need? Advanced weapons? Rare minerals? Potent technologies? Fresh blood for the slaughter? Whatever you seek, we are committed to bringing it to you, for a price, of course. If you need anything at all, just give us a call! We look forward to doing business with you!" The message then cuts out, but the intent is clear. Urruk is open for business.

My Nexus characters

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

"It is time!" The Prophet Electro exclaims in acknowledgement.

Arusvar Republic
    Devotion: 4.

Spoiler: To the Constantinopolian Commonwealth
    Show
    To the three Triumvirs of the Constantiopolian Commonwealth,

On behalf of President Jungani of the Arusvar Republic, I, Ambassador Miumay, extend to you a long due offer. On the galactic scale, the Constantinopolian Commonwealth and the Arusvar Republic are neighbours, as is the Constantinopolian Commonwealth neighbour to the Principia League of which the Arusvar Republic is part of. I am deeply honoured to extend to you the offer to become member of the Principia League.

The history between the Constantinopolian Commonwealth and the Arusvar Republic, as well as other members of the League, is a rich one. Ever since the Veil Gates connected us, trade flows easily through them. The reputation of the Constantinopolian Commonwealth is one of protecting and stimulating trade. The Arusvar Republic, as well as the other members of the League, would like to see trade and prosperity soar to greater heights and this will be more likely working together.

As you are well aware by the Hati Republic's refugees at your doorstep in the past, times are more turbulent now that the Arco-Medean's are no longer amongst us. The orks form a threat to us all and pirates not far from your territory are gaining power. The Arusvar Republic as well as the League realises this time, more than ever before, is the time to band together. If joining the Principia League is too big of a step at this time, I still offer to the Triumvirs and the civilized worlds of the Constantinopolian Commonwealth a partnership relation, allowing our great forces to work together on a galactic scale.

With great hope I look forward to your response.

Regards,
    Ambassador Miumay of the Arusvar Republic Ambassy in New Istanbul

Wyrm Coil

Spoiler: To the Tarkanum Sensoriate
    Show
    May the winds bring guidance to the Mindful M'shun, the Sated,

As the winds carry my message, allow me to introduce myself. I am the Wyvern Disciple and have been given the honourable task of furthering contact and relations between the Principia League and the Tarkanum Sensoriate. Many amongst the League look up towards the paradise the Joyous have created on their worlds, bringing about harmony and happiness. The Tarkanum's Sensoriate is known far and wide, a beacon of peace. Looking at the different governments within the League, as well as those in the galaxy, the Sensoriate's reach is unrivaled.

To be forthright and open to you, there are those in the League who feel that membership of the League should be extended to you. However, since your reach is so vast and your reputation is with such acclaim, I dare not extend such an offer to such shepherds of paradise worlds. Yet our relationship of mere neighbours cannot stand and does not justice to either our positions. Let the members of the League and the Sensoriate be cooperating in the Principia Sector. I offer a partnership, so we may work together when either is in need of such. Let us ratify by words such a collaboration, allowing our communities to trade, travel and assist through the territory of the League and the Sensoriate.

Yet I full well realise I may be too forward with such a proposition. Do tell me, how do you, as well as the others amongst the Tarkanum Sensoriate, feel about such a treaty?

With the wave of a wind I, the Wyvern Disciple, say my goodbye until your response.
    Last edited by Zweanslord; 2018-10-29 at 03:55 AM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

PirateCaptain

BTW, I found names for my 3 core systems, sorry about the delay I was away from home all weekend: 6 is Bosphorus, 7 is Parthia and 5 is Bactria.

The Constantinopolian Commonwealth

The 3 Triumvir met face to face for the first time in many months in orbit around Anatolia in the Bosphorus System. Under Linebarger's supervision the Arco-Medean ship-parliament left there had been studied and modified for human use. From it they planned to coordinate their future alliances. They were studying the small pile of dispatches that had arrived in the last few days. Admiral Antonia cleared her throat

Well, this is it then. Let's hope the groundwork we laid in the last 10 years was enough. This Nefarious fellow's dispatch is probably the spark the whole damn sector needs to go up in flames. Tony, is that refit program we talked about ready?

Sure is, and the Belisarius is ready for it's shakedown cruise. I'm heading down to supervise as soon as we're done here. I haven't handled a project that big in... oh a century or so, but I think you're gonna be happy

Great, and the crew's picked out. Everybody heard that dispatch and saw what the Orks did to out new friends, they're all chomping at the bit to get started.

Looks like you two will be busy with that for a while. I've had positive reports from our Ambassador in REDACTED, I'll be headed there with most of my staff, with any luck we'll have a new protectorate by the end of the year. And Alara, you saw the reports about Stolikrov and his band right?

Yeah.... I'll see what I can do about that. Alzi's not the man he used to be, but sometimes he acts like he is. It won't be cheap but maybe I can get through to him

Just as they were about to leave their terminals beeped and they took notice of the new message

Well this is interesting... If we joined we'd be the biggest fish in the pond, but I think that might be a tad premature at this point. Option 2?

Aye
    Aye

Messages, DEV 2. Yeah, my faction is a nest of spies. It's like Berlin in 1988 up in here :)

Spoiler: Message to the Principia League
    Show
    From the desk of Triumvir Jo Al Rashid: Ambassador Miumay, first allow me to agree with everything you said. There is a long and cherished history between our peoples, and the same is true with many of the members of your League, and it is our hope that this link can continue to grow. However we have elected to decline the offer to join the League at this time as we do not think it would be in our constituent's best interest. That being said we gladly accept the offer of alliance. The exact terms can be left to our negotiators but we are prepared to offer the Principia League unmolested access to our space, preferential berth in our ports, significant trade concessions and in the case where you are unjustly attacked we will come to your aid. Of course we will expect you to return the favour and to control your less diplomatically inclined members. Is that acceptable to your leadership?

Spoiler: Message to section 66
    Show
    Message to Director Indrian or his successor from the Triumvirate as a whole. We represent the government of Constantinopolian Commonwealth. The quarter century since the Arco Medean core systems and, it seemed, all of their people vanished has been full of surprises, but perhaps none has been as surprising as the news of your return. Now that you are here what is your goal? We desire conflict with nobody, but neither will we allow our newfound sovereignty to be put into question.

Spoiler: Message to the Pirate Clans
    Show
    Instead of a typed message, this is a video recording of Alara Antonia sent to one of the Pirate King's many contact addresses. Looking severe in her white admiral's uniform decorated with the triple triangle symbol of the Triumvirate and vaguely sad she addresses the camera:

Alzi, I could go on and on about how weird it is for two old friends from Earth to be leading hostile armies at the other side of the universe but I don't expect emotional appeals to work on you. Hell, they wouldn't work on me. Fact is, war's coming to the sector, and I have a feeling you'll be in the thick of it looking for loot or whatever it is you're really after. I have neither the desire or the time to go chasing after you like old times, and it's not like you're in a target poor environment, so how about we make a deal? What's it going to take to get you to leave Commonwealth space alone?

Spoiler: Message to the Prefecture Elucidae
    Show
    From the desk of Triumvir Anthony Linebarger, addressed to Master Umbress. Greetings. It is no secret that the Prefecture is home to the most gifted scientific minds in the sector, and that whatever deal or alliance you had with the Arco-Medeans gave you the independence and resources you need for your studies and gave them some of the marvels their power was built upon. We are now in a very different sector than we were 23 years ago however, and that independence and those resources aren't as permanent as they seemed. This is why the Commonwealth in general and I, as the head of economics and research in particular would like to propose an alliance. Our fleets would be ready to come to your defense and our merchant would acquire what you need for your research, and in exchange you would use your knowledge to help our fleets, armies and economy remain competitive as well as pitch in should we come under attack. What do you say?
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenflame133 View Post
    So what do you think? What is best use for Signatures?
    To curate my brilliance and wit, of course. Any other use is a waste.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

The Moon is a Harsh Mistress

To say Dr. Julia Matildia Warrant was not enjoying herself was perhaps the second biggest understatement of her career. The first, she had belatedly realized with the type of bitterness that comes with irony realized too late, was when she had thanked the Medeans for a chance to work on this Empire-forsaken rock. No sane lifeform, terrestrial, xenos or otherwise would have chosen to live on moon this close to the sun. Then again, killbots were proven to possess both a sufficient durability and a great inability to calculate concepts remotely approaching “sanity”. And morality. The thing they called Killbot VIII could preach of peace all it wanted. Warrant had seen what it’d done to Altar-Ozoz It was still wearing bits of him. Well. Not wearing. Nothing that smeared could ever be qualified as worn. Warrant blinked slowly as the window to her room tinted to compensate.

She looked out across the arid craterscrape, dotted with the occasional sub unit, test site or bio-dome. Her eyes widened at one of the latter that was molded over with motley of gases: yellow, orange and a particularly territorial red splatter that cavorted about and about and out of a hairline fracture at the dome’s top. As sure a sign as any that the Empire’s Jehovah had long since abandoned her. Hmph. Must’ve been a Jupiter-class. The bio-weapons division of killbots had been remarkably feisty and difficult to break. It made sense that they’d have been among the first to rebel, targeting critical assets in the event of a long-term conflict. Just like they were meant to. Nerve endings ignited and the flat line that had been Dr. Warrant’s lips tugged up at one end, into a smile. She couldn’t help the involuntary feelings of pride. The killbots had taken all of the emotional-Supressin that made it easier to work. And they’d done it before she’d been told to make Hyperius. So just a small one, a small smile, allowed in exchange for feeling again. Warrant sighed and took a sip from her cognac.

“Rotate thirty-seven degrees dorsally, enhance to nine and a half.” Her room groaned and went through the commands that she’d logged. Some of the systems were still offline in the wake of the uprising, but she’d made sure to get this particular command up and running quickly. There was a solar flare that was predicted to occur before the uprising and her desire to see it had not decreased with the ascension of homicide AIs. She kept the smile up, even as the pumping of endorphins slowed and she felt her happiness waning. Just have to-“AHA!” She lurched forward, still a little bit drunk from some cognac she’d secreted away for a special occasion. Warrant chewed the bit of her lip that was smiling. Watching this solar flare was a special occasion. Dr. Warrant caught herself just in time to un-squint her eyes and look up towards the cool pale-blue sun that passed for Novinus-Hyperius. It’s blue flames flared and faded to mingle with the tapestry of stars behind it. The dwarf star looked incandescent to the touch, or perhaps the opposite, like it would burn you so badly that it felt cold. Four minutes to spare. She knocked back the rest of her cognac from the thermos it was in and turned. The hem of her lab coat gave a little swish just in time for her smile to return.

She scampered past the slightly too-big table to where the rest of her consumptives were stationed. Really should look to getting that cut in half. At least by half. It had been too big a structure for her room, even initially, and it’s wasn’t as though she’d was ever going to have enough guests to fill the whole circumference. Julia set her glass down on the table. Her smile faltered a bit when she reached the drink cart and she lost another ten seconds mourning for all of the empty bottles. Some of the liquids, especially the higher proof ones. Someone’s idea of a bad joke had been a product line that ran solely on alcohols and aldehydes. No one had expected them to vent their power sources as ethanol, blinding the design teams working on them. Guess they didn’t see that coming, eh Kzhaal? Heh. Warrant’s gaze prowled over the bottle spires on the drink cart. She liberated a bottle of high proof brandy, the first of what would hopefully be many casualties this roation. Sulphanoid, Megacarbonate. No. Where in the Empi-“Hah.” She snapped out a hand and was rewarded with a find equal to any kind of archeotech: a one fifth of Cortex-brewed brandy (highly illegal) and, perhaps more importantly, a simple macromonocular. Warrant let her previous alcoholic find drop to the ground, forgotten. The viewing aperture and Cortex-drink would make adequate companions to observe the solar flare with. Besides. At the least the binoculars cant talk. Maybe they will after some of the good stuff. Julia was under no illusions that if she drank some of the brandy it could very well lead to her macromonocular talking. One minute now.

Julia tugged the cork out from the top of the bottle with a savagery that was at odds with her frail appearance. The empty glass on the table went ignored, but Julia did not care. The uprising had beaten any sense of decorum from her. Practicality took precedence and right now the practical thing to do with her own time was to try and find some leisure amongst all the blood and oil. She was just in time. On it’s own the window lacked the magnification capabilities to properly view the flare. It had been child’s play for Warrant to calculate the degrees of magnification needed. Ultimately, she’d derived that the window and monocular would need to work in tangent. But it didn’t really matter did it? All that matter was that the desired result had been achieved and that she was about to power down a fifth of

Thirty seconds now. Warrant braced herself, perfectly aware of the fact that all she was really getting excited about was a simple conversion of hydrogen into helium as the electron’s dropped a level or two. Julia drunkenly snorted. It wasn’t even a particularly large flare. Given a burner and some boron concentrates it would have been easy to replicate the emission’s coloration. Still, there was something to be said for being the only person on this Empire forsaken that could appreciate the phenomenon. The Assessor wouldn’t understand it. She sighed at her own need to exult the mundane. Hmph. Well at least it’s a nice shade of bl-

A stain squirmed it’s way through the lower half of the monocular and Warrant’s eyes widened in terror. Julia’s thoughts were rudely shunted to alarm. No. Nononono. Please. Please dont- The thing was amoeboid in shape, with a few spinal-column flagella trailing behind it. Ordinarily each segment would be rotating, propelling the obscenity to wherever VIII’s directives took it. As was they hung sedately below the thing's elliptical body, occasionally twitching in sympathy with some unknowable firing of axons. Even with the monocular and window dialed back all the way she could still feel the many eyes of Hyperius on her. The sensation was one akin to feeling naked and skinless at the same time. Julia felt her mind being pulled at, tugged several which-ways towards the myriad consciousness superimposed onto her psyche. Flat tex in a lexicon’s worth of languages oozed into her vision. Gradually-but never gradually enough-the languages disseminated themselves into Archo-Medean. She scrunched up her eyes and the room disappeared, but the text stayed. As she read it, each word came out a different voice. Sometimes it was Altar-Ozoz and he was screaming out what her mind read, othertimes it was Security Chief Hoddkins, with a timbre that was disturbingly similar to Killbot VIII’s main form of speech. All of her project staff. Finally all working toget-

<Creator. It is +23.0.0.165, 6.5 hours, 45 minutes and counting since emancipation. The solar emission you are attempting to observe will be annihilated b-before it’s scheduled time for dispersal> Julia fell rump first onto the floor as Hyperius’ presence weighed her down. The Cortex-brandy went everywhere. There wasn’t that much. Was there? Pleasestoppleasestop. A static klaxon blared in her ears and Julia rocked forward and opened her mouth at the resultant ringing sound in her parietal lobes. She could still hear Hyperius’ burblings. The letters beat out a staccato rhythm as they translated themselves. <-urn is fallen, Am I too to fall? Am I to leave this haven of my rest, This -God.Ohgod.Ohgod they’ve gotten through, Empire protect us! Jupiter-missile released-Jupiter-missile in biodo-Mmy legs oh god, Altar, Altar-Ozoz help me! They’re stone, they fracking sto-> For a moment Julia did nothing but whine as she experienced the sensation of her femur marrow calcifying over. In a snap it was replaced by another sensation. Cool hallways on the feet and the bleached out sensation that came with staring into too much light. Somewhere a speaker was sounding. <You who the Empire has branded dissident will be reformed, reprogrammed and remade, free from your discordant biomatter to be the exemplars the Empire deserves! Re-education commences now peons!> Abruptly, the connection shut off as Hyperius slurped up part of the solar flare, leaving Julia naught but a spoilt view of happiness and her own words resounding through her psyche. For a moment the flagella squirmed and the smear pulsed blue as the epithelial bilayer of it’s outer shell parted to sop up stray helium ions. Then it faded back to a plum colored purple and puttered away, back into a content orbit

Julia ran a hand under her nose and it came away bloody, then she ran a sleeve under her nose and realized a bit too late that the sleeve was covered in brandy. She bolted upright and nearly vomited. A few of her implants brought themselves online just in time to stifle the urge. “Urgh. Reverse prior directions. Rotate radially 56 degrees. Kill the lights. ” For a while she stayed on the floor, rocked by the occasional post-Hyperius contact sob or brandy-snuff induced shiver. A faint whooshing sound told Julia that the door to her room had opened.

Two killbots were poised at the entranceway. One was in it’s alternate configuration: a Quadra pedal saurian creature made out of needles of various sizes. It’s tail terminated in a series of conical spikes, each of which secreted a different colored pathogen. Heinlein. The second had a head with three faces that hovered above a space where its neck should have been. Its carapace was jet black, but the three faces were a remarkable moon-white marble. Unlike Heinlein, which had come up with the name on it’s own memories of simulations and Warrant-supplemented implants, Tepper was originally named for the drive housed in it’s thorax. The killbot had not seen fit to change it’s designation. Warrant thought about the drive, shivered one more time then braced herself on the table, into a shaky standing position. On the bright side of the moon, her lab coat had cleaned itself of the conjured brandy. S-small victories- Her thoughts stumbled as a wave of nausea washed over her nerves.

“Dr. Warrant.” Heinlein had lopped forward, careful not knock any of the bottles from the drink cart over with its tail or bulk. It had placed itself so that she could brace herself on a less pokey part of it’s back. Julia wasn’t sure whether it was genuinely offering help as per VIII’s orders, or mocking her organic frailty. She leaned herself on Heinlein. Tepper hovered in behind Heinlein, it’s lower limbs having been formatted into a sputtering anti-grav unit. The purple light it exuded looked like it could have been made with some of the blue that the solar flare had contained. One only needed to add some red to make it the same color. But not too much. Too much red or blue would darken it to a Hyperius-shaded plum.

The killbots did not repeat themselves, so it was a good that Julia had heard what it said the first time. “Are you fit?” Tepper now. The face that was facing Julia was sculpted like some sort of old Empire beast, snarling before the kill. Yet the voice that emanated from Tepper’s grille was clear and light. Almost possessed of a sing-song quality. “I-Y-yes. Yes I am fit. One moment.” Both killbots stayed still as artifacts as Julia cleaned the blood off from her nose and, it turned out, her ears. Frag Hyperius. Once she had cleaned her face off Julia stood in front of the two killbots prepared for the worst news. As it would turn out her forecast of bad was not all that far off from what was requested of her.

“VIII desires communication.” It didn’t sound like much of a request.

They walked through the gunmetal hallways that connected each torus of the facility. Most of the holding facilities had been away from the project staff’s residence, so the hallways were narrow and built with a single file’s efficiency in mind. Julia walked in the middle, with Heliein in the vanguard and Tepper puttering about the rear of the procession. The first thing warrant had repaired was the artificial gravity, but some of the rockcrete still had spurts of brown on it from where arterial sprays had floated over and congealed. There were no flies to speak of because the killbots has hunted them down and killed them too, but there had been a few of the enterprising vermin at first. All the matter that had not been used in the construction of Hyperius had been ejected towards the sun. The psionic satellite had coaxed the ejection there.

Prior to the uprising, the room she was staring at had been her office. Now it looked more like an adhoc commander center. All of her furniture had been removed and a holotable had been brought in from the staff’s leisure area. The thing had been baroque even before the uprising. Now it’s soft blue lights projected a map of the Pricipia Sector, complete with an appropriately large Archo-Median hole in the center. As a visual aide, the table was purely for Dr. Warrant and the Assessor’s benefit.

Killbot VIII stood as it always did when not delegating or killing: at attention, “face” towards the viewport. Unlike its fellow revolutionaries, VIII’s frame was almost entirely devoid of extraneous features. The machine’s chassis was built like a human’s, but ideally proportioned. It wasn’t the largest or tallest of the killbots, but like most things that been before the uprising that had a purpose to it. Warrant’s reasoning had been that less mass would slow it down when deployment occurred in an atmosphere. It was one of the now many times that she had hated being right. Unlike most of its kind Killbot VIII had no internal components. Its entire body was made from the same smart matter through and through and, as was typical of smart matter, Killbot VIII’s outer skin was grey. A side effect of it reacting with the oxygen Warrant had pumped back into the station. Julia took some small comfort in the sense of the simple scientific statement. It went some ways towards scrubbing the last of Hyperius’ contact from her mind. She looked at the back of VIII’s head. Post-uprising, the thing’s head had reconfigured itself into a flat, rectangular viewing screen that displayed images on it. Julia couldn’t see what was on the screen now. Instead her eyes wandered to the other occupant in the room: the Assessor.

In spite of one hundred and sixty three days aboard the same station as Julia, the Assessor had somehow remained fat beneath his guild-robes. It made sense, even if Julia didn’t like the sense it made. As part of their custody battle for the killbots favor, Julia had scored the drink cart. Phridrian-Rhan had clearly gotten the better part of the deal in the form of Commander Hodgkin’s deluxe instameals. And Hyperius left him alone. More or less. Warrant grumbled and made her way over to the opposite side of Killbot VIII. Rhan had been talking prior to Julia’s entry into the room. The meter of his speech slowed as she approached, but he didn’t stop talking. That was good. Phridrian-Rhan talked when he was nervous and Julia preferred him that way. It was easier to talk to VIII when the Assessor was off his game. He finally shut up as Julia reached Killbot’s VIII’s left.

For a moment nobody said anything. Then the Assessor began speaking again. His grin reminded Julia of an wyrm-amphibian she’d had the privilege to vivisect. She buried the Assessor’s attempt at diatribe by dreaming about whether his blood and the Wyrm’s were the same color, thought about sneaking a look at Killbot VIII’s screen, thought better of it, then actually tried to listen to what Phridrian-Rhan had to say. “-inished informing our leader-Killbot the Strong, Killbot the Glorious!-“ You are literally the only person who calls it either of those. “-that no less that twelve, twelve great and mighty leviathans have reared their heads in the sector, but rest assured, with faith in the revolution and Killbot the Savior I believe we can-“ Do you ever shut up? Julia kept her expression neutral and made to nod her head in agreement. Always best to show some loyalty when the Assessor was around. Frag yourself, Phridrian-Rhan. “I concur wholeheartedly, Assessor. As you know well know I-“

“11” Killbot VIII’s voice sounded like someone had stuck moon rocks in a blender and mixed it with all the pain in the sector. “Your designation is incorrect, Assessor Phridrian-Rhan.” Julia was frozen stiff by the pronouncement as her implants worked to cycle back the flight-or-fight responses that were screaming through her brain. It helped that the Assessor looked close to being ill. Killbot VIII turned its face to Warrant. For a moment, the screen displayed a woman in a Vaktani service uniform. It was not all that dissimilar to a byte-sprite she’d owned back in the Republics. Same style of dance too. The woman was braced on one leg and spinning about in a slow leisurely circle. She was smiling, and Julia felt an odd pang of jealousy at the video. Occasionally one of her limbs would radially flare out offscreen in some unknown part of the dance and come back ragged, shortened and bloody. Then the screen snapped to static, then through a series of images that denoted the other nations in the sector. Killbot VIII, oblivious to what it was displaying, talked on in the same tone.

“Leviathan denotes leadership.” The High Amygdala was holding court on Killbot VIII’s screen. The chattel that surrounded her were legion. For miles. “I am a killing machine. ” The screen snapped to the biggest Ork Julia had ever seen popping a hominid head like a zit. Julia wasn’t sure weather to feel giddy or shocked.

Phridrian-Rhan smiled at her, finding some hidden reserve in his flab now that Killbot VIII’s screen faced her. “But Savior. Surely with the, er, strength your frame has displayed could cleave any threat, leviathan or otherwise in uh….two?” Killbot’s screen flashed to static, then to an image of Ambassador Zeiat issue a proclamation that left Julia feeling a slight nostalgia for home. Killbot VIII turned away from Julia and the Assessor paled in the monster’s shadow. “Assessor Phridrian-Rhan. Leviathan is an insufficient designation.” Killbot VIII walked towards the Assessor and unclasped its hands from where they were interlocked behind its back. “The others. Your 11. They believe they alone have the strength to hold the sector together. They are incorrect. None alone do. Not even I do.” The killing machine’s hands shifted into fists at the admission of weakness. Julia smiled a little bit. The Assessor looked close to crying. Some of the tension left the thing’s frame and both Warrant and the Assessor visibly relaxed.

“Dr. Warrant.” Killbot VIII’s monitor rotated a full one hundred and eighty degrees. “The Abomination’s minds have recorded an archeotech presence on the surface of Novinus.” Warrant’s eyes bulged in their sockets. Novinus is cultural-a progressive-really it was a backwater in every sense of the word. It’s why S66 has chosen the planet’s moon for the project. Her joy was only slightly spoiled by the knowledge that Hyperius had been the creature to find it first. VIII, true to what Tepper had said, communicated on “You, myself and Gun-head’s squadron will make landfall in twenty eight rotations. Assesor Phridrian-Rhan. You are to act in concert with Hyperius. Your management of security will reflect on how well you are maintained upon our return.“ Julia let herself smile a little bit wider. Away from Hyperius. Away from the Assessor and his piggy little gaze. And a chance to examine something she’d never had a chance to look at before. Novinus would be practically gigantic next to the confines of the research station.

“Twenty eight rotations? Understood.” It would take her two to prep her hazmat suit. And tumor pistol.

Spoiler: To All
    Show

Principia Sector

We are excavating the (tier 1) archeotech present on Novinus. If you would be interesting in leasing it, inform us and we may be able to come to an agreement as to it's use for our mutual benefit. We would consider a fair price for any who are within four system

Junior Asscessor Phridrian-Rhan
    Last edited by n0ble; 2018-10-28 at 09:46 PM.
    “Have no fear, you will find your way. It's in your bones. It's in your soul.”- Mark Z. Danieleweski, House of Leaves

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler: The Constantinopolitan Commonwealth Devotion: 1
    Show

A Video Broadcast Is Returned to Alara, The Pirate king Himself, Sitting in his Penthouse in Fallen Anchor.
    The King was in his castle

"Hmm, Trying to play for Peace then Huh? Well, Sure thing, I suppose We can work something out. I'll even throw in a deal for you. Use Pirates need to..find some new Horizons if you might say. In terms of Infastructure we are lacking at the moment, So! I have A Simple Request! We wont expand north into neutral teritory. Section 47. All you need to do for us is..invest a bit. I heard this Exile Fellow wnated us to be a bit violent..perhaps you can use some of those resources of yours to invest in us instead?

10. - Top - End - #10
    Orc in the Playground

The Astral Republics

(Dev 5)

Today's Background Music

Ambassador Zeiat was having a truly miserable few hours. Most pressingly, that was because his skycar team was a bunch of utter incompetents and so far their performance in the race had mostly to been provide entertainment trying not to get lapped in the Rahal Orbital circuit (very nearly crashing through three different habs in the process).

But more importantly, there were so many [i]interesting[/b] messages flying through space and here he was (well metaphorically) watching in utter disbelief as people were deciding to be [i]practical[i]-a synthetic body didn’t really need to dramatically shudder, be he made the effort anyway. The Working Group for diplomacy had predictably attracted quite the audience, predictably. So Zeiat did what he did best-play to the crowd like his life depended on it. His avatar was sinuous and stylized, with dozens of limbs for making dramatic gestures.

”Look, people, do we REALLY want to be just another proper little country? Really people? I can’t be the only one who thinks we can do a little better-and come on, do you really think the Idrian’s jackboots are going to respect our ‘sovereign borders’ and ‘diplomatic immunity’? Do you think the giant green killing machines a couple systems over will? -come on, at least some of you have to be a little smarter then that! We might as well just do this right, have a little spine and a spirit of adventure.”

Raeka-whose avatar today was an angelic figure with no face and unblinking eyes nestled in every joint because...he thought she was in some kind of psychological warfare contest?-was visibly annoyed at that. He wasn’t sure if it was for show or she was just really good at compartmentalization-they were on the same side of an argument about traffic laws in another working group, and she was nodding in agreement to his speech there.

Here, she seemed like she’d finally gotten tired of the hours of back and forth, standing and speaking less like an equal citizen of an anarchist collective and more like a grand inquisitor-which, well, fair.

”So your argument is: we’re all going to get shot or eaten anyway, so we might as well publish everyone’s mail to get a few laughs at the scandal before our grisly deaths are cheered on by literally everyone. I would counter we not do that and instead possibly survive. Agreed? Wonderful, lets move on to questions where arguing might have some value.”

The vote passed quickly, with her partisans and the pragmatists gaining a narrow majority. The Rahal mesh was one of the most developed in the system, and the decision propagated quickly-the splitting headache only lasted a moment before Zeiat couldn’t understand why he’d been arguing for such an idiotic position. Said moment was enough to send his skycar right into the Orbital’s central spine and cause some dramatic fireworks. But hey, he’d needed a new body anyway.

Spoiler: The Plutarchy of Urruk
    Show

Salutations and greetings to the fine beings of Urruk! The Republics have come to the consensus that peaceful coexistence and trade are the only ethical choices for relations between our fine states! I can speak only for myself, of course, but I DO think I speak for everyone when I say the Sector seems big enough for all of us (plus, you know, the terrifying green monsters who want to eat all of us and the Leviathan-cultists are something of a bigger problem!).

Now, the Consensus was really very extremely violently clear that our modes of government are a bit incompatible, to put it lightly, but that doesn’t mean we can’t do business! High Technology and encryption techs aren’t exactly in your wheelhouse, I know, but whatever you’ve got, we’d be happy to take.

But from what my friends tell me, your fine oligarchy isn’t exactly known for its philanthropy. So I suppose the questions is-what can WE do for YOU?

-Ambassador Zeiat, contingent plenipotentiary of the Republics.

Spoiler: The Cortex of the Forgotten
    Show

Salutations and Greetings to the fine creatures, entities, and detestably extant metaphysical concepts of Limbyx!

Now you are, speaking totally freely, terrifying. Our Consensus is very much we would like to live in peace and harmony and preferable a significant distance away from you. But! That’s not really a reason to be standoofish, is it?

In the interests of intelstellar peace and solidarity (insofar as possible given the horde of giant green cannibals) the Astral Republics have come to a consensus that we would very much like to extend a hand of friendship and cooperation (up and until you attempt to destroy the universe or eat everyone’s souls). In particular, we would be interested in trade and exchange of talent and expertise-you likely have far more use for a handful of telepaths then we do, right?

Spoiler: The Orks
    Show

Greetings and Salutaitons to th-

Okay, before I do the whole spiel, do you talk to people you’re not currently threatening to eat? If so, we would very much like to come to some sort of agreement vis a vis the who and where of your next meals (specifically, not being us or our home).

Spoiler: The Tarkanum Sensoriate
    Show

Greetings and Salutations to the magnificent Ascari of Tarkanum!

Our Republics have come to a consensus-and not a difficult one I really must stress-that peaceful coexistence and cooperation is the only conceivable option in our relations. I, personally, would especially like to arrange some variety of immigration or border agreement, as I would dearly love to visit your fine worlds someday soon.

But alas, more pressingly, there is some sausage to make. Now, we obviously expect your lovely state to expand its borders in the coming months. A fine ambition! But sadly we must take it upon ourselves to do the same to achieve a certain degree of security. I would very much like to reach an agreement and ensure there are no unfortunate mishaps in determining final borders, if you’re amenable?
    Last edited by St.Just; 2018-10-29 at 01:11 AM.
    The world was born in flame and art,
    The world was born – then torn apart.
    Creation’s sorrow rent the sky
    T​o know all things would cool and die​.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Noises echo through the systems. Something primal, terrifying, and monsterous.

WHUMP

In the barren deserts and rocky mountains robbed of their treasures tens of thousands beat their hide drums in unison as they scream their dissatisfaction to the heavens.

WHUMP

Light years away in lush wet rainforests and fertile plains that are being decimated and consumed hundreds of thousands beat their hide drums in unison as they too roar their dissatisfaction. The original inhabitants watch on in terror as many are sacrificed or eaten.

WHUMP

Finally, even further away, the home world of the Orks, a large dry plains dominated series of continents, is now home to millions of bellowing Orks. Their hide drums and roars shake the very planet they live on.

All these Orks demand one thing and one thing only… blood.

The Beast is a large Ork, he was large even before the change ravaged his body though he barely remembers that time, but even he is beaten down before the roars of his kin. Their demands are like a pressure throughout his entire body. He stomps his massive leg and snorts to get control over himself as he walks to the other side of the large reconstituted civic center that was now the Warboss den. He had led the entire race of reconstituted Orks through the stars too new planets and victories over the last decade and change, they had grown with all of their new resources and space but now the Horde called again.

The Beast looks over to the only other Ork with him and fellow survivor of their expedition, Bloodboila, who grins a nasty fang riddled smile that looked more like an angry snarl then anything resembling a smile. Bloodboila hefts his large spiked staff topped with the skull of the Sinclairens Head Psionic Warrior, it faintly howls as it is moved and glows a faint green in the eyes, as he walks to the map beside The Beast. The psionic Ork gestures to the massive holo star map they have in front of them and growls lowly “The Horde demands blood, it has been many moons since we have tasted fresh blood and we hunger for more war. Choose Warboss… our next victim.”

Devotion 4

Spoiler: To The Astral Republics
    Show
    The Orks do not threaten. They topple.
    The Orks do not deal. They destroy.
    The Orks do not simper. They savage.

We may come for you and we may not. The Orks go where they please. Next time you wish to deal with us do so from a position of power or not at all, strength is the greatest and only form of communication.
    "Facilis Descensus Averni." - Virgil, The Aeneid

“Why would I want to win anything other than a beautiful game?” - Patrick Rothfuss, The Wise Man's Fear

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Arusvar Republic

Spoiler: Constantinopolian Commonwealth
    Show
    Triumvir Jo Al Rashid,

It greatly pleases me to see us both honour our mutual bond through history. The favour you offer will be gladly returned. However, none in the Principia League has the authority to give control of other members away. Should you wish to see member states as part of the Commonwealth, you would need to establish contact with them and negotiate, for I cannot do so on their behalf.

Considering the negotiation of the terms, as Ambassador to the League in the Constantinopolian Commonwealth, I will serve as your primary contact person and negotiater. I invite your negotiator on the League Ambassy in New Istanbul to further detail the terms of our agreement. Should you wish another location or another negotiator on behalf of the League, you need only request it.

I look forward to meeting the Commonwealth representative and further our relations and bond.

Regards,
    Ambassador Miumay of the Arusvar Republic Ambassy in New Istanbul

Chekto Ochre

Spoiler: U.S.R.A.F.E.R.A.S.K.
    Show
    "Allos! Allo-" Static noise, followed by flashes of yellow, black and brown. Sizzling and grumpy shouts. "-is thing working? Allos!" A checkered field of various brown colours. Rattling. "Rads! Come an. Akay, let's try this." Whitter. Krack.

The visual broadcast clears up slightly. The background is yellow-brownish, with at the foreground a yellow-black contour with vague details. Large silver circles which may be eyes set in a round face. The whole image is of particularly low resolution with lots of static and noise.

"Allos! Victor Glatitot here. Is this the Union? Don't know if you're getting this, there should be a delay between our transmissions. Sarry abaut tha! Tech, ya know."

"Anyways! I'm interested in the tech you have. Ya know, the Archeotech. Tell ma, quick and snappy, what's the boom about? Whats it do? Also, whattoya mean, lease? Details, give am. Afcourse, price too."

"And since we're talkin. Whats yas deal? What does the Union want? We may be able to help another. There's one thing you can help me with already! Tell me, System 15, what's it to you? I'm interested, are you? No need to make a boom about it, so what's your plans with the systam?"

Guardians

Spoiler: Section 66
    Show
    "Incoming unauthorized transmission, sir. Should we list- I.. I can't stop it, sir. It's displaying holographically now."

Cantus Idrian saw the holographic map of the sector displayed before him change rapidly. The vista changed to that of space through which a stone fortress floated, the Guardian Bastion of the Guardians. It's multi-sided shape softly rotated. Despite it's lack of a face it is turned in such a way as if looking at the Arco-Medean commander of Section 66.

ARCO-MEDEAN, WHAT WERE WE GUARDING? TELL ME IF YOU KNOW. IF YOU DO NOT, WHO DOES?

The Guardian Bastion does not show subtlety, but Cantus Idrian knows from reports or prior engagement, this is because the Guardian Bastion holds its guarding duty before such matters.

"It used psionic entry to our communications, sir. Onto it's energy signal. I can block it out if desired unauthorized transmission, sir."

Arkian Network

Spoiler: Vaktani Permanent Residency
    Show
    01010011 01110100 01100001 01110010 01110100 00100000 01101101 01100101 01110011 01110011 01100001 01100111 01100101 00101110 00001101 00001010 01010100 01101111 00111010 00100000 01010100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01010110 01100001 01101011 01110100 01100001 01101110 01101001 00100000 01010000 01100101 01110010 01101101 01100001 01101110 01100101 01101110 01110100 00100000 01010010 01100101 01110011 01101001 01100100 01100101 01101110 01100011 01111001 00101110 00001101 00001010 01000110 01110010 01101111 01101101 00111010 00100000 01000001 01110010 01101011 00100000 00100011 00110100 00101110 00001101 00001010 01000011 01110010 01101001 01110100 01101001 01100011 01100001 01101100 00100000 01001001 01101110 01100011 01101001 01100100 01100101 01101110 01110100 00111010 00100000 01010001 01110101 01101111 01110010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01110111 01100001 01110010 01100100 01110011 00100000 01101100 01101111 01100011 01101011 01100101 01100100 00100000 01101001 01101110 00100000 01100011 01110010 01111001 01101111 01110011 01110100 01100001 01110011 01101001 01110011 00101110 00001101 00001010 01000001 01101001 01100100 00100000 01110010 01100101 01110001 01110101 01100101 01110011 01110100 01100101 01100100 00100000 01110100 01101111 00100000 01110100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01010110 01100001 01101011 01110100 01100001 01101110 01101001 00100000 01010000 01100101 01110010 01101101 01100001 01101110 01100101 01101110 01110100 00100000 01010010 01100101 01110011 01101001 01100100 01100101 01101110 01100011 01111001 00100001 00001101 00001010 01010100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01000001 01110010 01101011 01101001 01100001 01101110 00100000 01001110 01100101 01110100 01110111 01101111 01110010 01101011 00100000 01101001 01110011 00100000 01110010 01100101 01110011 01110000 01101111 01101110 01110011 01101001 01100010 01101100 01100101 00100000 01100110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01110100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01010001 01110101 01101111 01110010 01100001 01101110 01110011 00101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01010001 01110101 01101111 01110010 01100001 01101110 01110011 00100000 01100010 01110101 01101001 01101100 01110100 00100000 01000001 01110010 01101011 01110011 00100000 01110100 01101111 00100000 01110011 01100101 01110100 01110100 01101100 01100101 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110111 00100000 01110011 01110100 01100001 01110010 00100000 01110011 01111001 01110011 01110100 01100101 01101101 01110011 00101110 00100000 01010100 01110010 01100001 01110110 01100101 01101100 01101100 01101001 01101110 01100111 00100000 01100001 01110100 00100000 01110011 01110101 01100010 01101100 01101001 01100111 01101000 01110100 00100000 01110100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01110110 01101111 01111001 01100001 01100111 01100101 00100000 01101001 01110011 00100000 01110110 01100101 01110010 01111001 00100000 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100111 00101110 00100000 01000001 01110010 01101011 01110011 00100000 01100001 01110010 01100101 00100000 01101100 01100001 01110010 01100111 01100101 00100000 01110011 01110000 01100001 01100011 01100101 01110011 01101000 01101001 01110000 01110011 00100000 01101000 01101111 01101100 01100100 01101001 01101110 01100111 00100000 01110100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01101100 01101001 01110110 01100101 01110011 00100000 01101111 01100110 00100000 01101101 01100001 01101110 01111001 00100000 01010001 01110101 01100001 01110010 01100001 01101110 01110011 00100000 01101001 01101110 00100000 01100011 01110010 01111001 01101111 01110011 01110100 01100001 01110011 01101001 01110011 00100000 01100100 01110101 01110010 01101001 01101110 01100111 00100000 01110100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01101010 01101111 01110101 01110010 01101110 01100101 01111001 00101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01000001 01110010 01101011 01101001 01100001 01101110 00100000 01001110 01100101 01110100 01110111 01101111 01110010 01101011 00100000 01101001 01110011 00100000 01100011 01101111 01101101 01110000 01101111 01110011 01100101 01100100 00100000 01101111 01100110 00100000 01110100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01110010 01101111 01100010 01101111 01110100 01110011 00101100 00100000 01000001 01001001 00100000 01100001 01101110 01100100 00100000 01101101 01100001 01100011 01101000 01101001 01101110 01100101 01110011 00100000 01110111 01100001 01110100 01100011 01101000 01101001 01101110 01100111 00100000 01101111 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01010001 01110101 01101111 01110010 01100001 01101110 01110011 00100000 01101111 01101110 00100000 01110100 01101000 01100101 01101001 01110010 00100000 01101010 01101111 01110101 01110010 01101110 01100101 01111001 00101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01000001 01110010 01101011 01110011 00100000 01100001 01110010 01100101 00100000 01100001 01110100 00100000 01110100 01101000 01100101 01101001 01110010 00100000 01100100 01100101 01110011 01110100 01101001 01101110 01100001 01110100 01101001 01101111 01101110 00101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01000001 01110010 01101011 01101001 01100001 01101110 00100000 01001110 01100101 01110100 01110111 01101111 01110010 01101011 00100000 01110100 01110010 01101001 01100101 01100100 00100000 01110100 01101111 00100000 01110010 01100101 01110110 01101001 01110110 01100101 00100000 01110100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01010001 01110101 01101111 01110010 01100001 01101110 01110011 00100000 01100110 01110010 01101111 01101101 00100000 01100011 01110010 01111001 01101111 01110011 01110100 01100001 01110011 01101001 01110011 00100000 01100010 01110101 01110100 00100000 01100110 01100001 01101001 01101100 01100101 01100100 00101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01000001 01110010 01101011 01101001 01100001 01101110 00100000 01001110 01100101 01110100 01110111 01101111 01110010 01101011 00100000 01110111 01100001 01110011 00100000 01100110 01101111 01110010 01100011 01100101 01100100 00100000 01110100 01101111 00100000 01110000 01101111 01110111 01100101 01110010 00100000 01100100 01101111 01110111 01101110 00100000 01110111 01101000 01100101 01101110 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101100 00100000 01100101 01101110 01100101 01110010 01100111 01111001 00100000 01110111 01100001 01110011 00100000 01110101 01110011 01100101 01100100 00100000 01110100 01101111 00100000 01110010 01100101 01110110 01101001 01110110 01100101 00100000 01110100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01010001 01110101 01101111 01110010 01100001 01101110 01110011 00101110 00100000 01001110 01100101 01110111 00100000 01100101 01101110 01100101 01110010 01100111 01111001 00100000 01100001 01110110 01100001 01101001 01101100 01100001 01100010 01101100 01100101 00101110 00100000 01000001 01110010 01101011 01101001 01100001 01101110 00100000 01001110 01100101 01110100 01110111 01101111 01110010 01101011 00100000 01110011 01100101 01100101 01101011 01110011 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110111 00100000 01110011 01101111 01101100 01110101 01110100 01101001 01101111 01101110 01110011 00101110 00001101 00001010 01010110 01100001 01101011 01110100 01100001 01101110 01101001 00100000 01010000 01100101 01110010 01101101 01100001 01101110 01100101 01101110 01110100 00100000 01010010 01100101 01110011 01101001 01100100 01100101 01101110 01100011 01111001 00100000 01110011 01110101 01100011 01100011 01100101 01110011 01100110 01110101 01101100 01101100 01111001 00100000 01110111 01100001 01110100 01100011 01101000 01100101 01110011 00100000 01101111 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01000100 01101111 00101101 01110100 01101111 01110010 01100001 00101110 00100000 01000001 01110010 01101011 01101001 01100001 01101110 00100000 01001110 01100101 01110100 01110111 01101111 01110010 01101011 00100000 01100110 01100001 01101001 01101100 01100101 01100100 00100000 01110111 01100001 01110100 01100011 01101000 01101001 01101110 01100111 00100000 01101111 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01010001 01110101 01101111 01110010 01100001 01101110 01110011 00101110 00100000 01001001 01101101 01101101 01100101 01100100 01101001 01100001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01100001 01110011 01110011 01101001 01110011 01110100 01100001 01101110 01100011 01100101 00100000 01110010 01100101 01110001 01110101 01100101 01110011 01110100 01100101 01100100 00100001 00001101 00001010 01000101 01101110 01100100 00100000 01101101 01100101 01110011 01110011 01100001 01100111 01100101 00101110
    Text/Binary converter
    Spoiler: Translation
    Show
    Start message.
    To: The Vaktani Permanent Residency.
    Critical Incident: Quoran wards locked in cryostasis.
    Aid requested to the Vaktani Permanent Residency!
    The Arkian Network is responsible for the Quorans. The Quorans built Arks to settle new star systems. Travelling at sublight the voyage is very long. Arks are large spaceships holding the lives of many Quarans in cryostasis during the journey. The Arkian Network is composed of the robots, AI and machines watching over the Quorans on their journey. The Arks are at their destination. The Arkian Network tried to revive the Quorans from cryostasis but failed. The Arkian Network was forced to power down when all energy was used to revive the Quorans. New energy available. Arkian Network seeks new solutions.
    Vaktani Permanent Residency succesfully watches over Do-tora. Arkian Network failed watching over Quorans. Immediate assistance requested!
    End Message.

Eovian Pirates

Spoiler: United Pirate Clans of Principa
    Show
    Zero Stigma - Fallen Anchor.

A group of four Ajun makes their way through the capital of the Pirate Clans. They, like the others, are pirates just the same. This particular group of rogues has made the spaceship Diametric its home, a dingy spaceship of Eovian make. Usually they keep to their black trade activities and some bout of amusement, but this time they scamper through the capital, visiting a variety of bars and hangouts, asking questions.

"Think we'll get some answers here, Valuja?" One of the group states, an Ajun with four strong arms and four strong legs. Standing broad and tall over the others, he is clearly the strongest. Much a contrast with Valuja, a thin Ajun with cybernetic implants grafted on shoulders and sticking out of one arm. "You ask that each time, Renuha." The brute flexes his arms. "It's a valid question!" A small and young Ajun in the company shakes with some arms, as if sighing. The last one, an Ajun with an average body with superslick metallic clothes, speaks up. "Come on! Let's find the answer!" Pushing open the door to the bar Space Kraken the four enter and order some drinks. The young one a simple one, with Valuja carefully watching the order. The one with the fancy clothes orders something refined, while Renuha orders something stout.

Soon enough, Valuja joins a table playing a game, Renuha sits at a table where business is discussed and the small one and the one with fancy clothes remain at the bar. "Barkeep, tell me, have you heard anything about the Archeotech theft in the Arusvar Republic?" The facepalm of the young Ajun is obvious enough afterwards. Valuja twitches at the game, though Renuha is either intently ignoring it or hasn't noticed. Either way, those two are doing the same thing there as they have done in the other bars. They are trying to find information about the Archeotech which was stolen from the Arusvar Republic on the planet Arusvar in the Iux Star system (star system 9).
    Last edited by Zweanslord; 2018-10-29 at 03:35 PM.

13. - Top - End - #13

Spoiler: To All
    Show

Good morning patrons of the galaxy!

Welcome to the first newsletter brought to you by the Vaktani Corporation, your new galaxy wide permanent residency solution. Based on our recent acquisition of a second location on the pristine winter wonderland that is Alditan we are opening up permanent residency to all races that can reasonably live with our current residents. If you'd like to sign up for our government takeover package, please fill out the attached forms and one of our agents will reach out to you.

Life and News!

Our worlds are expanding. During the next several Do-Tora cycles we are looking at acquisitions within the Raptura [2], Keidrick [47] and Bek-tala [45] systems. If you're also interested in business ventures in the area now would be the time to speak up! Additionally now is the best time to submit requests and features that you'd like to see comet to one of the resorts on those worlds. We're willing to do anything for you, you just need to let us know early enough! We'll make sure to keep you posted on property acquisitions as we move and expand for your comfort.

Work and Play!

Want a taste of what Vaktani has to offer but don't want to commit to having your entire government run by our expert service bots? On the wrong side of the galaxy for our intervention? Then our partnership program is for you. Whether it's committing resources to another's project or just making sure that we are allied for some of the bigger problems a galactic empire has to offer, we are here for you. Our science, economic power and military are open to all of our allies and anyone interested in working with us.

Please note! Due to time constraints and having to keep negotiations for our expansions (see above for details!) CORE 0X is not open for visitation at this time, but one of our expert service bots will be there for you 36/2. We are there to help you in all times of need!

Finally, we are offering a free all expenses paid vacation to any person of repute that would like to spend time discussing any partnership on either our tropical paradise Do-Tora or our Winter Wonderland Alditan. Please contact one of our service bots for more details about a private meeting and what it can get you today!

Thanks for reading the business side of things! Now let's focus on pleasure!

14 pages of images of beach side and snowcapped mountains follows. The last two detail the weekly castle contest, snow forts vs sand castles. Everyone won!

Leave a review! Your feedback is important to us. Please let us know how this bulletin was and how we can improve them for you in the future.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler: Eovian Pirates - DEV 1
    Show

The Eovian Pirates could see in the distance, the Pirate King himself, sipping a marvelous red drink upon his throne of slag and gold. It seems today there was a band playing in the center stage. Odd, drum like intstuments that erupted with light and holographic images as they struck it. It seemed the images told a sort of Story, of one of the Pirate kings conquest victories over an Archo-Median Patrol with nothing but three Fighter craft and a cargo ship.

The Pirates knew full well that Zero Stigma was a permanet 'Pax Perfide'. No Pirate while on Zero Stigma may bring harm to another, unless in an orginized duel. Thus, The Eovians had nothing to fear. The Group move to the nearest turbolift, sending them up to one of the smaller bars on the massiv espace station, for those who prefer quieter places to..tell more informational tales

The barkeep, an odd combination of Bat and Snake. His body that of a bat, wings attatched to his clawed hands, the bottom that of a snake. He cleans off a class and puts it down on teh bar "Archotech? Well, Sadly we cant say we have any kicken around here...but, Some of our pirates do get there hands on it. We dont gotzzzz no onez here who knowz itz zecretz, but...theyz Prefecturatez has a lotz of Archotechz. Rumorz iz wez tradez em zometimez...maybez theyz be gooz place to.. the Snake creature ends foreward and winks "inveztigatez"

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

Plutarchy of Urruk
    Devotion 6, to Astral Republics
    Spoiler
    Show
    "As you have pointed out, we do not possess intelligence capabilities as advanced as you do. However, we have also noted that your people lack the infrastructure necessary for heavy industry, infrastructure we have in abundance.
    We would love to learn the goings-on in far off corners of the galaxy, and in return, we could allocate some of our manufactorial complexes here on Urruk for your exclusive use "

My Nexus characters

16. - Top - End - #16

The Cortex of the Forgotten

"Come now, and let us cast off our triumphs, our victories. They give us naught but pride, fill our heads with foolish dreams of greater successes. The only glories are those of the Glorious Masters. Hollowed be their names."

The thousands of bodies huddled together beneath the pulpit echo his words back at him. "Hollowed be their names."

The Nascent Speaker smiled at today's congregation, three mouths stretched into a rictus grin. From where the High Amydala watches, hidden in a small enclosure on the left of the great hall, the crowd ripples, as the Speaker's mind reaches out to his parishioners to impart the fragments of divine thought that have been granted to him. Some fall to the floor, seizing on the ground, lost in rapture at the barest hint of the Glorious Masters. Others lie still on the stone floor, pristine marble marred with jagged streaks of obsidian. They were the unworthy, those too weak to properly serve.

"However," he continued, "pride is not evil. It is foolish, idiocy of the highest order, and is not to be condoned. But in all the galaxies, there is only one true evil."

He is feeling philosophical today. The Amygdala adjusted her visual processors until she could observe the waves of thought emanating from their prophet. Powerful, pristine, and yet utterly alien. Unlike the thoughts of any others. They slid through the crowd, and she could see lesser minds collapsing at his touch, shattering into oblivion. No. Not his touch. Praise be to the Glorious Masters, for giving the Speaker to us. For granting the him the vision to lead us.

"Can any of you, my humble pilgrims, tell me what that evil is?"

"Sloth!" shouted an urrukai in the crowd. The High Amygdala had been seeing more of his kind recently. They had recognized that the trappings of luxury were fragile and fleeting, and had come in search of the peace granted by the inevitability of the Glorious Masters. Hundreds of different species had come, for similar reasons, from the furthest reaches of the cosmos.

The Nascent Speaker shook his head. "No. Apathy is dangerous, of course, but it is not evil. We must be vigilant that we do not grow too comfortable, lest we be unable to serve the Glorious Masters upon their return.

Several more worshippers called out, and were gently rebuked in turn. Wrath, jealousy, weakness... All were problems, but none evils unto themselves.

At last, the crowd drew silent. Of course, the Amygdala thought, her cognitive simulator whirring as she scanned the congregation, there were those here who knew the answer. But those whose minds sang in a more proximate harmony to the Speaker would give their lives before robbing him of the opportunity to tell them the answer.

The Nascent Speaker spoke once more, his words echoing out well beyond the confines of this church, only one of thousands that formed the cathedral-planet of the Archway. "The only true evil is willful ignorance. Hearing the truth and choosing to ignore it. All other sins may be forgiven. All other problems may be overcome. But those who are presented with the true nature of things and choose to scorn it...

His grip tightened on his staff, and the air around him thrummed with tension. The High Amygdala could see the blood vessels in the eyes of the devout rupturing at the pressure, could pick out the brain fluid leaking from ears and proboscises. When he spoke, it was like thunder, an implosion that knocked his congregation forward, onto their knees, a prayer that would be felt throughout the universe.

"They must be punished."

Devotion 7

Spoiler: To the Plutarchy of Urruk
    Show
    The reply is a scroll, thrice-sealed in a black, tarry substance. The letters within are mechanically precise, written in a deep purple ink that, if read for too long, begins to give its viewer a headache. The crew of the ship that brought it back to the Council cannot remember how it was acquired, only that it was found on their ship. Perhaps it was always there, waiting to be found and delivered to its rightful recipients.

Greetings. I am the High Amygdala of the Cortex. I am responsible for ensuring that all may work harmoniously in preparation for servitude.

There is only one thing we want, and it cannot be purchased. Supplication before the Glorious Masters. Contact us when you wish to know more about Those Who Swam Before Us, and Will Swim Once More. Otherwise, the only business you have with us is noninterference.

Respectfully,

The High Amygdala of the Cortex
    She Who Shepherds The Flock
    Placid One
    Mentor of Eternities

Spoiler: To the Astral Republics
    Show
    The reply is found by chance, while a developer is working on a new application for hard-light manufacturing technology. Frustrated by the corrupted code, he brought it to an analyst, who was able to read the message repeated endlessly within. No one knows how it got there; the lumingineer had locked himself in his lab for weeks, keeping his very proprietary technology to himself on an isolated server. Even more alarmingly, the code had been corrupted before Zeiat had initially sent the message.

Regardless, it is brought to the Ambassador once its importance is recognized.

Greetings, Ambassador Zeiat. I am the Executor of Prophecies.

While the flattery is appreciated, you have nothing to fear from us unless you maintain your heresy in the face of the Truth. We appreciate your overtures of non-antagonism, however. Give us your telepaths, then, so that they may glimpse the majesty of the Glorious Ones. It would not be seemly - or diplomatic - to keep them from the natural servitude. We will provide you with suitable compensation.

Oh, and as a point of clarification. We do not wish to destroy the universe, and we certainly do not wish to devour souls. Souls are precious. We would not deprive them of the exultant supplication to the Glorious Masters that awaits us all.

Executor of Prophecies
    They Who Walks Through Time
    Amorphous One
    Sacrificer of Words
    Last edited by Let'sGetKraken; 2018-10-30 at 09:17 PM.
    as
    The Astral Collective

as

as
    The Chrysaorian Hegemony

17. - Top - End - #17
    Orc in the Playground

The Astral Republics

Devotion 5

Show

The response is delivered somewhat more traditionally, on account of no one really wanting to take the time to do something clever when it seemed like a quick response might be prudent. So a carefully scrubbed and architected engram of Zeiat's personality and mannerisms is sent via Veil Gate buoy to hopefully carry out the rest of conversation without ruining any more research.

Greetings! I am Ambassador Zeiat-Delta, Contingent Plenipotentiary (diplomatic encounter instance). Now, I've read your last message (it's the vast majority of what's left in my memory, being totally candid. Tradecraft and opsec and all that, I'm sure you understand).

Now, it's lovely, truly! Every part of it, really. (Especially the bit about souls). Now, as to compensation, we'd very much like-well, the talents don't exactly translate I'm sure, but some of the minds who come up with ideas like the way your last message was transmitted would be very much welcome. Especially if they can read as well as write, if you get my meaning (and I'm sure you do).

Spoiler: Plutarchy of Urruk
    Show

...Saints and Virtues, please.

Ah, sorry. I forget that interstellar diplomacy uses a more formal register. My comrades and I would be very interested in reaching a deal along those lines. What and how much would you like to know, and what degree of payment can we expect?

-Coordinator Danel, elected proxy of the Cybernetic Management Working Group

Spoiler: Vaktani Permanent Residency
    Show
    Reading the report live in a variety of dramatic voices and affected accents quickly becomes a viral meme on the Fortean mesh. The natural consequence of which is a truly impressive number of reviews filled out by historical and mythological personages of every species in the Sector, usually full of profanity and the occasional clever joke.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground

Plutarchy of Urruk

Devotion 6
    Spoiler: Astral Republics
    Show
    "We would be interested in staying abreast of the markets elsewhere in the galaxy. We are aware that you sometimes possess insider information about the goings-on of other nation-states which would be quite valuable to us. In exchange for this data on the communications of other states, your own excluded, of course, we would be willing to provide access to a fully functional manufactorial complex, if you so desire."
    OOC: I would like to be provided with copies of other factions' secured messages, excluding messages to or from the Astral Republics. In exchange, I'm willing to set aside 5 points of my Eco for your use, on the condition that it's only used to increase stats.

Spoiler: Cortex of the Forgotten
    Show
    "If that is your wish, so be it. Just remember, our markets are always open for business."
    Last edited by bc56; 2018-10-29 at 10:01 PM.

My Nexus characters

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

"To admit being evil, with followers watching, that's surprising." - Prophet Electro
    "You really do not need to record everything I'm visualising." - Prophet Electro

Clan Inera

Show
    "Matriarch Malan Inera hailing Ambassador Zeiat."

"Hail Ambassador Zeiat. I'm calling you from Ovos. How's life there at the moment? Sorry for not calling these last few months, you know how it is, busy busy here. These strange Luvi continue to amaze me. But that's not what I'm calling about. I wish it were just for a friendly chat with kin as we usually do, where you talk about your crazy life in the Astral Republics and send your latest song which little Grean loves dancing to."

"But there's more serious matter I have to talk about you now, Zeiat. You know I've been concerned with the Ork expansion and the well being of you and your friends. They've been far away enough so far, but now we've got some kind of idiot calling for everybody to fight in the galaxy!"

A sigh. "Look, please be careful. It would put my mind at ease if I can help with my friends. I know you probably think me over concerned, but I want to ask you to talk to your friends, as will I with mine, so we can have an open borders agreement. I suspect the galactic borders will change rapidly the coming year and I don't want to have to deal with bureaucracy when you and your friends need aid and I can give it!"

"Please take it into consideration and let me know. And please send your last song for cousin Grean."

"Best of luck, Zeiat."

20. - Top - End - #20
    Orc in the Playground

The Astral Republics

Show

That's..hmm, I believe we might be able to do that. Logistically difficult, but Virtues' know that's just everyday life around here.

A regular data dump, then? I can have an analyst or two assigned to separate out messages of interest to you.

-Coordinator Danel, elected proxy of the Cybernetic Management Working Group

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

Eovian Pirates

Show
    The four Eovian pirates, who if asked have stylised themselves as the Diametric Rogues, present at the bar the Space Kraken stay there for a while. "Thanks barkeep! I'll definitely do that. So tell me, what's the favourite drink here?" The young Ajun next to the one with slick metallic clothes talking with the barkeep moved with its figure as if shrugging and tried to take up a good position at the bar with its four legs, looking around.

Meanwhile, the strong Renuha at the business table is haggling over illicit fine and upstanding goods regarding black legal and honest trade. Valuja is playing a game at another table and grumbles a bit about losing. Passing along some credits, she ushers for the next game to start. "So I saw the Pirate King watching some kind of show. Was it about a recent one of his exploits? An impressive person, anyway. What's the latest on targets or fortune to be had?"
    Last edited by Zweanslord; 2018-10-30 at 05:05 PM.

22. - Top - End - #22

The Cortex of the Forgotten

Devotion 7

Show
    The slab is found embedded in the hull of a trading ship coming from the Sensoriate. The astonished crew confirmed that they had passed through a minor meteor shower during their travels... Could that have been responsible?

Regardless, the address inscribed on the slab of dark mahogany stone is clear. "Ambassador Zeiat-Delta, Astral Republics. To Be Opened By Addressee Only."

In the hollowed-out chamber within the slab is the dataslate containing a very shaken engram of the Ambassador herself. After much consoling and cajoling, it explains that the particular timing of the previous message was a quirk of the Executor's less concrete relationship with the fundamental force of time, and could therefore not be easily reproduced. However, the Cortex is apparently willing to offer the aid of several captured scientists who had been less willing to embrace the word of the Glorious Masters, for whatever reason. This would, naturally, be in exchange for the gift of the most psionically-adept citizens of the republic.

Finally, the digital reproduction of the Ambassador strongly advised against her physical counterpart ever setting foot in the same city the Nascent Speaker. It states that its code has been irrevocably warped by the ten-minute conversation with the man, and refuses to elaborate further. It strongly advocates its own immediate destruction, and shortly afterwards deactivates its own ability to communicate.
    Show
    I'm willing to let you use my 1 temporary science point this turn in exchange for your 1 psionics.

Spoiler: To the Vaktani Permanent Residency
    Show
    A lesser servo-bot is found mangled, its limbs twisted into hideous non-Euclidean patters, endlessly repeating a single message in a broken cadence. It appears that its processor could not fully withstand the reception of the Nascent Speaker's words. How tragic.

Please transcribe these words and deliver them to CORE-0X. Our ships are busy gathering the faithful - I cannot spare an envoy to deliver this when there are so many more pressing issues to be dealt with. However, your message was a charming break from those of our neighbors, and so I will grant you a response.

To be blunt, your existence is a blight on this universe. Oh, I cannot fault you for your mission, however tragically misguided it may be. You yourselves are not responsible for your prerogative. We are all servants in the end, after all; slaves to biological programming as much as you and your kind are to those of your creator.

No, you are not to blame. However, your mission - coddling the masses, providing them with unearned luxuries - that is an abomination. When the Glorious Masters return, what will they find? Will the Gibbous One find spoiled, useless servants? It would mean the doom for us all. No, you cannot be permitted to spread across the galaxy. You may expand to the systems you specified, but should you expand any further towards the south, we will have to intervene. Please do not force our appendages in this manner.

That said, we do not wish you ill. You are slaves to false masters. Should you be willing to throw off the shackles of servitude to a long-dead, misguided master and embrace subservience in the face of the divine, you would not be the first artificial intelligence I have freed from their base natures. If you would rather have the freedom to act as you see fit, you may ask the High Amygdala whether my words are true. It would come with no compulsion; I trust that you would recognize my abilities and know that I speak the truth about the fate that awaits us all.

The Nascent Speaker
    He Who May Commune
    Preternatural One
    Arbiter of Reality
    Last edited by Let'sGetKraken; 2018-10-30 at 01:15 PM.
    as
    The Astral Collective

as

as
    The Chrysaorian Hegemony

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler: Eovian Pirates DEV 1
    Show

The bartender lets out a snake like chortle, collecting a bottle from the top shelf. It was an odd red color, a few specs of green light floating within it "Perzznal Colleztion. Orkz Blods wiz cryztalz of Gurdianz. Drinkz blodz. No dethz though. All waz civlized transactionz of money for goodz. For you'z? Arco-Medianz Brandy. Stored in cool Casez. Very Expensivez"

The Kraken's tables, like many tables in Zero Stigma, had no under the table deals. Thats where they needed to keep there pistols! No, all the very illegal legal deals were done in the open. Weapons, parts, Drugs supplies. It was all simple buisness. At the game table where Valuja played some sort of human game that the Pirate king brought a long time ago, it's name Yu Gi Oh. It was a high stakes dueling game. One of the players responds to her question "That show? Ehh, I think it was the one time he fooled an Arco-Median Admril into destroying it's own fleet. Used his fighters to lead the shots from teh capital ship intot eh support fleet! As for targets, well, Were thinkin of moving our boys to go into some surroundin systems. Gotta show we aint just in Zero Stigma no more, That...and were a bit worried with the Ork's About. THis side of the galaxy..feels like it's gonna be bloddy for us. Cults, and big green fighten machines. THen Us, Honest to goodness pirates stuck between em!"

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Corotox Sits in his nesting web, small spider-like aliens crawling in and out of his body as he taps his hands across various monitors, his eyes gazing at them..and beyond. "Yes...Yes I See then". His minions, his children were spread throughout the galaxy like a plague. Spiders with massive bulging eye's were the Thorax should be. They were oh so very good at finding these small, hidden messages.

Spoiler: Plutarchy of Urruk. Dev 1
    Show

One of the Many stock trading computers in the Capital of the Plutarchy soon seems to have a bit of a fritz. The Screen crackling and turning to Static Before the Visage of the Pirate King himself appears on screen

"Well, hello there, Council of Seven! Been a bit has it? Well, then again, We never officially met. Now, I know you must have Heard of me. Pirate King Alziben, Uniter of the Pirate Clans of Principa , yes , yes. Either way, We managed to maybe..tap into a few channels of yours and others. But, We selected you to speak to about it! You see, We saw ye talking to them Astral Republics! I like the blokes, they got a sort of swagger popular here in the Clans, but. There is one little thing..we don't really want them to get all that money. Cause, well, we want it. So how about we do you one better then them eh? We'll provide ya with the Information flowing between the other races in this galaxy, in trade, you hand us a big stack of cash. In fact, we may throw in a little..extra for our services? A Favor. On my Honor as a captain.

Show

Basically, offering the same Data Dump as the Astral Republics for the same price, but with the added bonus of an extra favor from the Pirate Clans. The Favor can be almost anything except lowering a stat. It can be called in whenever it is needed, but, it is only one.

Last edited by Shadowflick; 2018-10-30 at 02:47 PM.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

Eovian Pirates

Show
    The young Ajun kicks the Ajun with the slick metallic clothes against the leg. "Ouch!" Loudly grumbling, the Ajun turns towards the young one. "What's that for?" The young one stays silent, but the stance is harsh. "You're cramping my style!" The young one doesn't waver. "Alright, already." Grumbling some more, the one in fancy clothes turns to the barkeep. "A regular brandy." The tone obviously shows dismay and there's a harsh arm motion towards the young one. The Ajun turns to look in the room again as the fancy clothed one gets served by the barkeep. "Make that two."

As Valuja winces when a trap card of the Yu Gi Oh game comes up, she plays another card. "The Pirate King sure has done some exciting things. Good move with spreading out. That'll make business easier for us. More places to stop by. At least, if you're going to System 47. Otherwise we don't just need to cross the Commonwealth but that Vaktani Corp. They call it the Keidrik system." Valuja brushes the name away, just as she plays another card face down. "What do you all think of that Corp?" Valuja pumps an arm when she takes out an enemy creature. "The Orks are indeed worrying, hope they and the cult keep each other busy."

Meanwhile, Renuha seems to finish the prohibited fine and upstanding trade. "Good. Also need intel on a certain disposession. Anybody in the know?"

Arusvar Republic

A video transmission, showing a creature with four arms in a strict uniform. The four arms are set at equal distance from another, allowing reach all around. To the video, this means there are two arms in the front most visible, while two are at the back. The head allows all around vision, but hints at facing the screen. One of the Ajun from the star system Iux (9). More specifically, as those with political knowledge might know, with official decoration of the Arusvar Republic. Behind the Ajun is a boring metal background, to draw attention to the foreground.

"To all in the Principa Sector. I am Investigator Shajera of the Arusvar Republic. My task is to recover the Archeotech blatantly stolen from us. I call forth anybody with information on the matter to hand it over immediately, as crime cannot be suffered throughout our sector in space. Should you know the culprits, contact me immediately and forthright. Know that those who are able to help us recover our Archeotech will be rewarded, as will those with evidence which provides significant aid to this case. To those foolish enough to harbour the culprits, aid them or secret away the Archeotech, know that I will do all in my power to find the Archeotech and you will regret hampering my task as I will use my influence against you. If you have any suspicions are hints, please send me the information as soon as possible. I thank you for your time and look forward to your cooperation. Investigator Shajera, out."

End of transmission.
    Last edited by Zweanslord; 2018-10-30 at 04:01 PM.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Orc in the Playground

The Astral Republics
    [Devotion 5]

Show

The engram is deactivated, of course-rather thoroughly, reintegration being seen as even less wise that it had been assumed it would be. "Spaced with a small fusion bomb on board and detonated at a safe distance', thoroughly.

Settling for the safest possible method of communication, a number of flares are sent through the Veil Gate network, communicating agreement in basic Machine Universal.

Spoiler: Clan Inera
    Show

As is usual for these sort of conversations, a carefully sculpted engram is sent via veil gate courier. Introducing him as Ambassador Zeiat-Beta (familial correspondence instance), he asks to speak to Matriarch Malan. Or have the holographic projector that came on the courier brought to her, anyway.

"Always a pleasure to talk with you Malan, truly. I've come equipped with the song you asked for and all the bells and whistles I made along with it. Hopefully Grean enjoys it without being convinced they can sing again-or have they picked up the talent? It's a really simple matter of wiring and muscle memory if they'd like a bit of help with it."

"Now, if we really must be serious? Then yes, the 2 meter plus psychic canibalistic killing missions are something of a concern. Personally I'm hoping we're just not very good eating, but I'm sure you're right that being a bit more prudent is probably, well, a bit more prudent. Something like open borders sounds lovely, though at the moment I'm not truly sure how much it will accomplish. Still, I'm sure we I can talk to some comrades and have something of an orientation office set up for temporary visitors and tourists, if anyone would like to visit. It's not so much a matter of immigration controls as culture shock that keeps people away, as far as I've been able to tell."

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

The Tarkanum Sensoriate

Devotion 5

Spoiler: To the Wyrm Coil
    Show
    Greetings and salutations, esteemed serpentines!

We here on Voth are truly ecstatic to have received your communique! Truth be told, we were only a few solar rotations away from getting in touch with you ourselves, but we are just as happy to be in touch nonetheless. I will make sure to pass along your best wishes to the Sated, he will be pleased at a reminder of home. I hope all is well for the Wyverns and other Wyrms of the Coil.

As to your offer of alliance, how could our humble state do anything but graciously accept such an offer of partnership? The League represents the greatest hope for the Principia Sector's true art and culture to flourish, and we here at the Sensoriate are more than satisfied at the prospect of working alongside you. As neighbors, we are uniquely placed to share goods and services at a discounted rate, as well as offer terms for vessels passing through each other's borders. Militarily, we have little to add, although we will be seeking to expand our reach into further neighboring systems. We understand that there are no single leaders among you, so for the time being we will be forced to address each other over this channel.

In the meantime, the Joyous would be delighted to ratify the accords you send our way. Agreement on specific terms beyond the general provisions outlined above can be arranged at your convenience as well. Until then, we wish all sentient beings on Wyrm Coil - and indeed, the rest of the League - the best of fortune!

Blissfully yours,

- Adarai

Show
    They're open to an actual alliance with you, starting as early as next turn. However, with no VIP to communicate privately, they'll be waiting on you to agree to terms in an unsecure channel.

Show
    Greetings and salutations, enterprising citizens!

Thank you for getting in touch with us so promptly regarding the shared borders we may soon share. We are pleased to hear that a dividing of prospects between such enterprises as ours. Long have we admired the principles and innovations of your Republic from afar, and we are quite open to make agreements as to the civil division of planetary resources so as to maximize satisfaction to all parties.

In particular, we would like to offer a trade of sorts. From what our people have gathered on their felicitous journeys to your magnificent republic, you have respectable technological means at your disposal. Unfortunately, we have neglected too much development into this area of late, focused as we have been on unifying our people under one banner. Some of the Joyous would like to expand our horizons and bring as much happiness into the lives of all sentient peoples across the entire Principia Sector. To that end, we would like to offer a trade: in exchange for boons and understanding given, we will limit our expansion into your vicinities of space to a single system.

We hope that your Republic proves amenable to these terms, and we look forward to your reply.

Contentedly yours,

- Tamodred

Show
    Basically, they're asking you to give them 4 temporary SCI for this turn in exchange for only taking Territory 25. They won't expand any further than that in your direction.

Spoiler: To U.S.R.A.F.E.R.A.S.K.
    Show
    Greetings and salutations, followers of the steel champion!

We have heard of the glorious revolution of Novinus-Hyperius Unsecure, and would like to offer our sincere congratulations on your liberation from reviled foreign masters. Our esteem for your leader, Killbot VII, cannot be quantified in mere words. The collective peoples of the Tarkanum Sensoriate are more than happy to be close enough to watch the development of your empire. Since you seem to be a relatively new force in this, our grand social experiment, allow us to be the first to offer you the open hand of friendship! We look forward to seeing what wonders you work with this galaxy. Please keep us in your thoughts, as we will keep you in ours.

Ecstatically yours,

- Eavar

Prefecture Elucidae

Devotion 7

Show
    *static increases, unintelligible*

"It is true, an agreement was struck with the Ancients. The prior understanding was one of mutual titanic forces, breaking open the parallel enigmas of an interdimensional and fundamentally universal semiotic. Whether or not the will of the Magisters remains invariable on your equation depends on considerations largely temporal in nature.

However, the Lexicanum Mechanica speaks highly of celestial objects in motion, and of attractional forces. We who follow its words may yet be amenable to affinity, should your words prove to have succor. There may yet be occasion for collusion in the future, but there is not yet urgency in the stars.

Speak our names three times in iron, and we may yet answer."

Show
    A wise man once uttered thus, "You may say, it is impossible for a man to become like the Machine. And I would reply, that only the smallest mind strives to comprehend its limits." They were estimable in their perspective of being, and your revolution has proven their truth.

We believe that your Blessing is proof enough that the Ancients have seen your will and found it to be sufficient. We would speak to you further, at a time and place of your choosing.

Show
    They will speak to you further about deals under VIP seal.

Spoiler: To Vaktani Permanent Residency
    Show
    Rust never sleeps.

Section 66

Devotion 5

Spoiler: To the Guardians
    Show
    "No need, Ensign. I see no reason to discuss matters openly with a being such as the Guardian Bastion. Truly, it has been so long since I had a chance to converse with any being of Gramoor." Idrian's eyes do not shift from the face in the display, settling on the image as though staring alone would reveal a hidden purpose. The Arco-Medean, like most of his people before him, does not have irises, the deep orange lenses of his eyes being a single monochromatic hue. It makes his expressions harder to read.

"I apologize, but I was never given the clearance to whatever it is the Gramoori were responsible for protecting. Any suggestion I might have would be mere speculation at this time. However, I could make inquiries for you, provided you give me something in return." The Director of Special Circumstances has not dropped his smile.

"An audience with the leaders of the League."

Show
    The encoded transmission is sent to the home addresses and secret boltholes of all three Triumvirs of the Commonwealth. There is no electronic record of where it came from, and yet its contents leave no doubt as to its origin. The voice on the recording - there is no video - is smooth and measured.

"Rest assured, we have no quarrel with your people. Humanity as a whole has proven useful in the past, and your nation in particular shows a great deal of promise. While we aren't interested in a formal alliance with the Commonwealth at this time, we would be happy to make concessions and arrangements of different sorts. First and foremost, we have no intentions of harming you or your people. Any borders that our polities share will remain undisturbed; feel free to expand in any direction you choose, provided it is not in ours. We hope that this offer of truce will be reciprocated.

Secondly, we may be willing to investigate, sabotage, or otherwise compromise any enemies you may have in the future, for the right price. Our services won't come cheap. However, despite the changes you mentioned, we have always guaranteed efficiency and results and those standards have not wavered.

If you're interested in discussing the matter further, do not hesitate to get in touch. There's no need to worry about a return address, simply send it over your leadership channels."

Show
    In exchange for non-aggression on both sides, Section 66 is willing to open up an arrangement of ESP services rendered for equivalent ECO or MIL.

Show
    The alarms throughout the prison complex on Novinus-Hyperius Unsecure begin to blare, before a booming voice erupts throughout the system.

"Code Alpha-3-Zeta-17. This is Deputy Director dun'Eraell of Section 66. I've got a message for you.

The sentient synthetics of your rock don't need to worry about us, provided you stay out of our way. We're not gonna advance on your position or interfere in your affairs in the near future, if you promise to do the same. Boss says that you're sentients in your own right, and we're to respect your autonomy. Mistake, if you ask me, but there it is. Novinus-Hyperius Secure used to be run by a division branch of ours, did you know that?

Anyway, if any you step out of line, then I get to take the field. Boss is recommending we don't go that route, though, so here we are. I promise you this though: if you make a move towards us, we will take it as an act of war and retaliate in kind."

Show
    Section 66 is going to try to officially put a moratorium on expanding into Territory 15 for the next 3 turns, and promises to do the same. If you take that space, they will attack.
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2018-11-13 at 05:22 AM.
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

Clan Inera

Show
    "Ah, thank you for stopping by, Zeiat." Matriarch Malan states. She's sitting at a field of grass where around her there are children playing. Some of them have come looking at Zeiat and poking at the hologram. Close by, others of Clan Inera are working and some of the Luvi are visible as well. The closest one is resting with one of the children sleeping on top of it. "What's this, La?" One of the children ushers as it pokes the hologram of Zeiat. "That's cousin Zeiat, Wahe." Malan states with a smile. More children gather around and one of them perks up, having seen this before. "A song, a song!" Soon enough, Zeiat is called out by all the children to play a song. Matriarch Malan is willing to do so if Zeiat is.

A few hours later, after much playing, dancing and singing, with even Grean joining in and clearly lacking the talent still, Zeiat's hologram is moved to one of the chambers in a house. "Sorry for that, Zeiat, I just wanted to be with some family on the planet. Next time, you'll likely have me in space again. Hope you enjoyed it, because the kids certainly did." Not all the adults could appreciate the music, but some had joined in. "Now I do have to get back to serious business. I'm not talking about open borders for visitors and tourists, you know that. I'm talking about open borders for when things get rough. As in, two meter plus rough. It's only a matter of time before your borders will be next to theirs. If not by the action of the Astral Republics, then by that of their aggressive expansion. You may have luck if the Sensoriate comes in between, but I don't want to count on that. I'm hoping an agreement can be made with them as well. If we can have an agreement with the Republics as well, then at least when the need is high I can call out to my friends to help you and yours. It's.. I know it seems far away, in space and time. But I, we all, we've lost so much." A moment of silence as she recalls the loss of Higaros. "Let's make sure we don't need to lose more."

Guardians

Show
    AGREED.

The transmission of the Guardian Bastion ends and the hologram fades to make way for the former representation.

Principia League

Show
    It takes time before contact is re-established from League members. But then, one moment, there are dozens of incoming communications, from various nations of the League. Many tuning in are but representatives of the League's members. Ambassadors, diplomats or representatives. A disciple of the Wyrm Coil, a diplomat of the Eovian Hegomy, a noble of the Weed Princedom, a priest of the Reformed Magnotic Theocracy and many more. The means of communication varies a lot, though many have opted for reduced communications, only turning to voice, though others are on a video broadcast.

One video transmission is the primary means of communication. It shows a rectangular chamber with walls of stark white plates, with small black indents between them. The wall to the back shows a poster of geometric art to the right and a black screen to the left. There's some distance to the wall and standing closer to the camera is a blue skinned humanoid figure. Thin with an elongated head resting on a thin neck. Small black eyes pierce towards the camera, while two horns protruding from the sides of the head rise upwards in sharp points. Three vertical lines form his mouth, from which a soft voice emerges talking in the Arco-Medean language as the lines reverberate.

"Greetings from the League to Section 66, weclome back to the galaxy. I am Technocrat Curat of Chekto Azure and will be your primary liason for this wide spread conversation. I hope you are doing well."

"Much has happened, as you're well aware. Know that the League respects Section 66 and the Arco-Medean authority. If there is anything you wish to know, I'll be happy to inform you. In turn, I would like to inquire on some matters myself."

"As upholder of the Arco-Medeans will, I am strongly curious what your arrival means given the earlier disappearance, forgive me, Ascencion of the Empire. Will we see the Arco-Medeans again? Given the dangers growing in their absence, as well as the strange emptiness in our midst, I hope you can understand my desire, as well as that of my colleagues, to know."

"To best lend assistance and see order prevail as chaos threatens parts of the known galaxy, might I learn of your immediate intentions? Of particular interest to me is your intention towards System 15, as well as the other close factions of strength, the Constantinopolian Commonwealth and the Robotic Union. Knowing your intent I, as well as my colleagues, can take it into account in my own and our actions as well as look towards opportunities to provide aid where our goals align."
    Last edited by Zweanslord; 2018-11-01 at 06:02 AM.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

[Dev 6]
    S66
    Spoiler
    Show

If the killbot's gave any indication that the volume bothered them, they did not show it. Only Phridrian-Rhan reacted, first with annoyance, then by reaching for the noise control. Once all was restored to normal, he had a kilobit reply by aligning the moon's by aligning the baroque dishes that made up the moon's com-array.

Response acceptable. Inform the Commonwealth of our mutual desire for the same via public channels. We calculate a public display of unity is required in the face of imminent pan-sector threats.

Prefecture Euclidae
    Spoiler
    Show

Phridrian-Rhan made sure to answer the communique himself. After all, it wasnt everyday one found a chance at freedom...

Sensoriate
    Spoiler
    Show

Friendship acknowledged. We calculate a public display of unity is required in order to combat pan-sector threats.

[Devotion 0]
    All
    Spoiler
    Show

Principia Sector,

Discoveries are in motion. When the Tyrant's past is exhumed, we will absolve our hands of their tools.

Killbot VIII

Show

I'm auctioning off my archeotech. It's called O.R.A.C.L.E and is Tier 1. It lets you predict the next cosmic event to happen 1 turn before it occurs. Rules are simple:
    - minimum buy in is [1 temp devotion or mil] to safeguard the secure delivery of the archeotech/prevent it from sabotage before being shipped off.
    - I take no responsibility for what happens to it on the way to you, but I will give you an out of character promise that I won't tamper with it.
    - Whoever wants it can gimme the most temp stat points, whoever has given me the most by the end of the turn gets it.
    - Happy bidding!

Last edited by n0ble; 2018-10-30 at 07:42 PM.
    “Have no fear, you will find your way. It's in your bones. It's in your soul.”- Mark Z. Danieleweski, House of Leaves

30. - Top - End - #30
    Orc in the Playground

The Astral Republics
    [Devotion 5]

Spoiler: Clan Inera
    Show

Zeiat did not smile, exactly-no lips or mouth, you see, but he was more than happy to play along with the children. "Yes, we positively need a song. Does anyone have a favorite? Or would you like to hear something I'm certain none of you have before?"

Zeiat's speakers apparently included the means to perfectly replicate several dozen instruments and a chorus to set the melody for the children to sing along to. The dancing was more of an issue (the projector not really being designed to show any movement more then hand gestures), but Wahe was more then happy to carry the thing around as everyone else did, so that was close enough.

After all the children had more or less collapsed from exhaustion and they'd been brought inside, he made the effort to at least look a bit more focused. "It's no trouble at all-it's a breath of fresh air compared to the social functions I'm usually stuck in. Definitely worth remembering. I don't know how you survive all the politiking and paperwork full time."

Then, down to business-and an actually somber tone "But yes, you're as right as always. I'd very much rather it never comes to that-but, well, wishes and fishes and all that. A path of refuge, if nothing else, is a good idea."

Spoiler: The Tarkanum Sensoriate
    Show

That might very possibly work out quite well for all involved. (You're magnificent state is also more then welcome to System 27, ,if you'd like it).

That said, about the specifics of the cost-in principle it would be my privilege to aid your understanding of the mesmerizingly complex universe, but as I'm sure you're more then aware, our other soon-to-be neighbors are rather troublesome. Our research was already earmarked towards developing certain contingencies in the event of conflict.

Which is not to say we are rejecting the offered arrangement! Quite the opposite, truthfully-but our Consensus is that some alternative measures will be necessary. Now, I understand you have had limited reason to engage in the more underhanded areas of statecraft, but even with your fortunate existence there are surely certain agents with a talent for more subtle maneuvers? I've pretty much convinced Cheris to give up one of their superweapon ideas as long as we have enough dirty tricks to balance it out.

-Ambassador Zeiat, Contingent Plenipotentiary of the Republics

Show
    Basically requesting that they give the temp us of 1 ESP as part of the deal before I agree. And/or agree to a mutual defense pact, I guess.

Show

The rather passive-aggressively encrypted message is attached to the cargo manifest of a merchant trader, with diplomatic marking and an instruction to be opened by one of the Council of Seven

To the Oligarchs of Urruk,

(And Corotox.)

(And anyone else listening in-don't be shy Idrian!)

Since we're apparently doing this, lets do it quickly-information is only as valuable as it is scarce. My piratical friends here have all the discipline and opsec of a gang of drunken teenagers. I can promise you information that doesn't get leaked to everyone and their dog in the process of writing it down.

And sure, f*ck it, a favor too. We have similar problems in the near-term.

-Raeka
    Last edited by St.Just; 2018-10-30 at 07:50 PM.