New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Hayle Chapter 3: The Item Workshop

Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post

I can understand that, Marcus says, thinking back to when he was younger. If you're just in it for yourself, that's fine, but you're going to want allies. The other side has a few less scruples when it comes to recruiting, Marcus says, trying to make the statement sound ominous but non-threating. If you want to talk more, come by my room later. Maybe we can talk with some semblance of privacy there, Marcus says, still keeping his voice low.

If you're being honest, we can probably offer one another quite a bit, Marcus says, looking straight ahead. I just hope you are, Marcus says, before speeding up slightly, once again pulling out his journal as he goes back to taking notes.

Well, I may have found the Normal Prime, Marcus says in his mind, after first checking that it was only Katie or other known people in the chatroom.
    I think you'll find that our world isn't a very honest one Marcus, she said as she walked up towards the front of the group. Nor is it a fair one. Life is a series of choices, and each one brings us closer and closer to our own personal truth. In the end I'm just trying to help others like me, but thank you for your words. It does mean a lot.

And then she was gone, up in the front of the group avoiding you.

Really??? Katie thought to you. Did she seem like she could be an ally? What's her Cryptid? Do you think she's one of the ones working for Jamba? Did she notice about the whole notebook thing?
    Many thanks to Ceika for the wonderful avatar.

Aatos My medieval pokemon setting.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

Johto: Guardians of Legends as Julius Varro

World at War (PTA) as Francis May

GM of Exploring Aatos a Medieval PTA game.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    I think you'll find that our world isn't a very honest one Marcus, she said as she walked up towards the front of the group. Nor is it a fair one. Life is a series of choices, and each one brings us closer and closer to our own personal truth. In the end I'm just trying to help others like me, but thank you for your words. It does mean a lot.

And then she was gone, up in the front of the group avoiding you.

Really??? Katie thought to you. Did she seem like she could be an ally? What's her Cryptid? Do you think she's one of the ones working for Jamba? Did she notice about the whole notebook thing?

Marcus nods as Marissa leaves, trying to process that last little bit. It seemed ominous, and removed a small amount of the fragile trust Marcus had for the girl. Without knowing her personal truth, he had no idea what her next move might be?

In order: Yes, maybe, I have no idea, maybe, and it appears not, Marcus says. She seems like she's in it for herself, but she knew about Raymond. That either means she's Jamba or she's been trying to keep a close eye on the other Primes. I'm going to try to talk to her later, see if I can get a bit more information. How are you at reading people? Marcus asks. I wouldn't mind some help figuring out what she knows.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM

3. - Top - End - #243
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Marcus nods as Marissa leaves, trying to process that last little bit. It seemed ominous, and removed a small amount of the fragile trust Marcus had for the girl. Without knowing her personal truth, he had no idea what her next move might be?

In order: Yes, maybe, I have no idea, maybe, and it appears not, Marcus says. She seems like she's in it for herself, but she knew about Raymond. That either means she's Jamba or she's been trying to keep a close eye on the other Primes. I'm going to try to talk to her later, see if I can get a bit more information. How are you at reading people? Marcus asks. I wouldn't mind some help figuring out what she knows.
    Pretty good, yeah, though my mom did manage to lie to my face for a decade and a half, so that should tell you something.

The rest of the tour passed rather uneventfully, and you and Katie returned to your room to see if Marissa would show up. So, if she does show up, what are you hoping to accomplish? Just get more intel?

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #244
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Pretty good, yeah, though my mom did manage to lie to my face for a decade and a half, so that should tell you something.

The rest of the tour passed rather uneventfully, and you and Katie returned to your room to see if Marissa would show up. So, if she does show up, what are you hoping to accomplish? Just get more intel?

Marcus snorts at Katie's comment, before hoping that nobody noticed the outburst.

To say that the rest of the tour was a disappointment was a massive understatement. The only thing that Marcus had been somewhat looking forward to at this point was Seven's lab, and even that proved to be uneventful.

More or less. She's one of the few people I don't know, which makes her an unknown, Marcus says, before touching his head. We have no idea where Varro has cameras and microphones. If we can figure out her allies, what her Prime is, and what her plans are we'll be in a good spot. I'll also ask her about the PTM if she doesn't bring it up; I have the sinking feeling that the 'P' has to be Prime, and unless it's 'Tickling Machine' I don't want to know what Varro has built. The only ones that make sense are Transfer Machine and, well, that sounds unpleasant.
    Last edited by Arcran; 2018-06-25 at 09:24 PM.

Show

5. - Top - End - #245
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

"Well... we should totally go break this right? Like... I dunno about you but wrecking Jamba's stuff is kinda my jam." He looks up at Tiny after going through the sheaf of papers. "Like... we could probably get there before Varro could stop us if we go fast. I bet Katie would jump on board too. Maybe even grab a couple others... though we probably shouldn't involve Marcus just sayin..." It was only then that Dominic heard what Pheleos had said.

"What happened to the electric prime?"

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Marcus snorts at Katie's comment, before hoping that nobody noticed the outburst.

To say that the rest of the tour was a disappointment was a massive understatement. The only thing that Marcus had been somewhat looking forward to at this point was Seven's lab, and even that proved to be uneventful.

More or less. She's one of the few people I don't know, which makes her an unknown, Marcus says, before touching his head. We have no idea where Varro has cameras and microphones. If we can figure out her allies, what her Prime is, and what her plans are we'll be in a good spot. I'll also ask her about the PTM if she doesn't bring it up; I have the sinking feeling that the 'P' has to be Prime, and unless it's 'Tickling Machine' I don't want to know what Varro has built. The only ones that make sense are Transfer Machine and, well, that sounds unpleasant.
    Prime Transfer Machine? Katie thought back at you, You don't think that they'd - but her thought talk suddenly stopped when she was interrupted by a knock at the door.

Seems like your company has arrived just on time, Katie thought.

Spoiler
    Show
    You can go ahead and assume its Marissa

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #247
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jacior View Post
    "Well... we should totally go break this right? Like... I dunno about you but wrecking Jamba's stuff is kinda my jam." He looks up at Tiny after going through the sheaf of papers. "Like... we could probably get there before Varro could stop us if we go fast. I bet Katie would jump on board too. Maybe even grab a couple others... though we probably shouldn't involve Marcus just sayin..." It was only then that Dominic heard what Pheleos had said.

"What happened to the electric prime?"
    Dead Pheleos said. Killed by Jamba operatives as part of their alliance with Varro.
    They wanted the Electric Cryptid, not the Prime, so they just took what they wanted. Someone destroyed the power plant where they were keeping him though, and rescued the Cryptid, so I'm not exactly sure how they're planning to power the machine now, but I'm sure they have a way.

She took another sip of her drink. As for destroying it, that's what I was rather hoping to discuss. My team and I are planning on causing a rather large disruption during the festivities tomorrow that will draw attention away from other parts of the ship. My Cryptid will be responsible for locking up their assets and giving my team and I an escape route and places to bunker down when we reach the ground again. You all should take that opportunity to destroy the thing.

Just be careful who you trust, ok? I'm still a bit unsure about you, but I had to take a risk on someone. You can never be too careful with who might be working for the enemy.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #248
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Prime Transfer Machine? Katie thought back at you, You don't think that they'd - but her thought talk suddenly stopped when she was interrupted by a knock at the door.

Seems like your company has arrived just on time, Katie thought.

Spoiler
    Show
    You can go ahead and assume its Marissa

Marcus nods at his double, prompting Quicksilver to open the door. Two small, shimmering specs of light were hanging around the room, which with close inspection looked very similar to Cryogonal, albeit on a miniature scale.

Show

9. - Top - End - #249
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

"Uh... any chance that can wait until after they've given out points I had my eye on some stuff..." Dominic asks awkwardly. "That sounds really dumb and selfish actually nevermind." He sips awkwardly on his drink, face brightening a little in embarrassment.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Marcus nods at his double, prompting Quicksilver to open the door. Two small, shimmering specs of light were hanging around the room, which with close inspection looked very similar to Cryogonal, albeit on a miniature scale.
    Hey, said Marissa. She'd changed, her hair wasn't her standard frizzy mess, so obviously she'd taken a shower. She now had on a jacket and another CSI Vermillion shirt with a pair of cropped shorts.

I see you've got one of your friends along. I assume she already knows everything I told you. Marissa didn't seem terribly happy about it, but Katie, ever the fiery one, chimed in.

Yes she does know. The name's Katie, Poison, obviously. My cryptid sucks blood out of its enemies, so I don't use him in battle much. It can get pretty dangerous. He's also learning to split his body into a swarm of small Zubats for reconnaissance. Is that enough information for you to trust me?

Marissa's eyebrows flew up, but she didn't reply. Instead she took a seat at one of the tables and turned her attention back to you.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ettin in the Playground

"Uh... any chance that can wait until after they've given out points I had my eye on some stuff..." Dominic asks awkwardly. "That sounds really dumb and selfish actually nevermind." He sips awkwardly on his drink, face brightening a little in embarrassment.
    Pheleos laughed. Blessed by Arceus and having a Cryptid at your disposal isn't enough? she made it clear that she was joking before continuing, clearly not wanting to give offense.

It won't be until tomorrow evening. Even so, it isn't like this place is going to be destroyed. The cameras will be taken out, and my team of fighters is going to take the fall. So as long as nobody catches you, you should be free to continue with the competition. And there will be a lovely little news story about the Night Runners doing terrorist things at the Item Workshop.

Varro will be shaken to be sure, but I think the chances of him shutting this event down are pretty slim. Bad for business.

Spoiler
    Show

From the Hayle Wiki Page that you may or may not have read several years ago and I don't expect you to remember. As a trainer who is friends with a ranger and has travelled through central and is generally informed about stuff, Dominic would know this.

Night Runners: While Snag Ball technology is illegal to most and available only to a few select rangers charged with rescuing pokemon from abusive trainers, an increasing number of the machines have been appearing on the black markets. Many have been appropriated by a ragtag group of trainers that call themselves the Night Runners. These trainers, frustrated that so many abusive trainers slip through the Ranger's net, have taken it upon themselves to patrol Central's slums in order to rescue pokemon that are mistreated or used for illegal ends. While Night Runners are actively hunted by the Rangers for use of illegal technology, they know the city's underside as only those raised on the streets can. While their financial backer is unknown, the Night Runners has quickly begun to gain popularity with poor Central residents as a group that enforces vigilante justice in areas that Rangers rarely visit. They're led by a mysterious trainer known only by the alias Phantom.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #252
    Titan in the Playground

Hey, said Marissa. She'd changed, her hair wasn't her standard frizzy mess, so obviously she'd taken a shower. She now had on a jacket and another CSI Vermillion shirt with a pair of cropped shorts.

I see you've got one of your friends along. I assume she already knows everything I told you. Marissa didn't seem terribly happy about it, but Katie, ever the fiery one, chimed in.

Yes she does know. The name's Katie, Poison, obviously. My cryptid sucks blood out of its enemies, so I don't use him in battle much. It can get pretty dangerous. He's also learning to split his body into a swarm of small Zubats for reconnaissance. Is that enough information for you to trust me?

Marissa's eyebrows flew up, but she didn't reply. Instead she took a seat at one of the tables and turned her attention back to you.
    Quicksilver, as we discussed, Marcus says, nodding towards his doppleganger as he adjusts his purple sweatshirt. The head of his clone slowly melted away, and the Weavile jumped out of the false body. With a few quick movements Quicksilver creates a small dome of ice, completely surrounding the three trainers and himself in an opaque bunker of ice.

Marcus slowly pulled out an empty journal, as well as four pens, setting them on a table of ice that was rapidly formed. This way we can't be seen, nor heard, Marcus scribbles on the page. Mine, obviously, sculpts ice. Constructs, walls, whatever you can imagine. All that's left is to refine the quantity and quality he can create, Marcus jots down, his hand a blur.

Show

13. - Top - End - #253
    Ettin in the Playground

Quicksilver, as we discussed, Marcus says, nodding towards his doppleganger as he adjusts his purple sweatshirt. The head of his clone slowly melted away, and the Weavile jumped out of the false body. With a few quick movements Quicksilver creates a small dome of ice, completely surrounding the three trainers and himself in an opaque bunker of ice.

Marcus slowly pulled out an empty journal, as well as four pens, setting them on a table of ice that was rapidly formed. This way we can't be seen, nor heard, Marcus scribbles on the page. Mine, obviously, sculpts ice. Constructs, walls, whatever you can imagine. All that's left is to refine the quantity and quality he can create, Marcus jots down, his hand a blur.
    Marissa seemed impressed by the impromptu igloo, but it was clear that Katie and your explanation of your cryptid's powers was what won her over.

Alright fine, I'll bite. Show yourself Dolly. Her jacket began to squirm as one of the shoulders sprouted an amoeba-like appendage that turned into a pale pink.

Like most Ditto's Dolly specializes in transformation. But unlike most Dittos ... in a flurry of motion the jacket shifted from blue denim to pink goop to a perfect clone of quicksilver. The fake-quicksilver held out one claw, and a perfect replica of a human hand began to cover it, following its way up its arm for a few seconds before Dolly schmooped her way back into a jacket.

She can copy Cryptid's special abilities, she finished. Not for long mind you, and it does cause some stress on her body, but its proven useful in the past.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #254
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Marissa seemed impressed by the impromptu igloo, but it was clear that Katie and your explanation of your cryptid's powers was what won her over.

Alright fine, I'll bite. Show yourself Dolly. Her jacket began to squirm as one of the shoulders sprouted an amoeba-like appendage that turned into a pale pink.

Like most Ditto's Dolly specializes in transformation. But unlike most Dittos ... in a flurry of motion the jacket shifted from blue denim to pink goop to a perfect clone of quicksilver. The fake-quicksilver held out one claw, and a perfect replica of a human hand began to cover it, following its way up its arm for a few seconds before Dolly schmooped her way back into a jacket.

She can copy Cryptid's special abilities, she finished. Not for long mind you, and it does cause some stress on her body, but its proven useful in the past.

When Marissa reveals her Cryptid's abilities, a vicious grin breaks out on his face. With two Quicksilvers, or two Tinks, or even two Caverns, literally hundreds of new doors were opened.

Nice to meet you Dolly, Marcus scratches on the paper, somewhat amused that both himself and Marissa both had jackets with surprising abilities. How are you hiding her symbol? Does the ring work for both of you? Marcus jots, before crossing it out, since that wasn't his purpose at the moment.

Why are you on the Workshop? I'm assuming you're not just here for the toys, Marcus jots down. Something to do with Raymond?

Spoiler
    Show
    Chronicle Dolly.

Show

15. - Top - End - #255
    Ettin in the Playground

Dolly revealed a ring suspended inside her body before turning opaque again. That's ... complicated, Marissa wrote. But it boils down to me wanting to destabilize Varro Corp and Varro himself by damaging the connections between him and Jamba. Pheleos and her team are working with me, and we have a way to shut down the electronic and wireless communication systems powered by the power plant and backup generators and create a distraction. I planned to do the dirty work on my own as her team is taking care of that.

He's got two labs that I'm interested in taking out. I went on the tour to verify a few things. The one that Pheleos is taking point on is a machine that allows Arceus's blessing be moved from one person into another, including control of their Cryptid. Obviously Jamba would be interested in it, especially with all the Primes who gathered here. Varro has promised them the Dragon Prime, who thankfully isn't here, in exchange for their backing should they win the upcoming war. He's playing both sides effectively. Pheleos will hopefully get some of your Prime Friends on board as a strike team.

The lab that I'm trying to take out is his artificial life lab. It's obvious that he's trying to create cryptids without Arceus's blessing, and the Jamba gambit is just to buy time until he can create unlimited cryptids, which would give him the firepower to take over the region no questions asked. The Item Workshop was the only real opportunity to gain access to his ship and his labs, so Pheleos and I are planning to make the most of it.
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2018-07-02 at 08:53 PM.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #256
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Dolly revealed a ring suspended inside her body before turning opaque again. That's ... complicated, Marissa wrote. But it boils down to me wanting to destabilize Varro Corp and Varro himself by damaging the connections between him and Jamba. Pheleos and her team are working with me, and we have a way to shut down the electronic and wireless communication systems powered by the power plant and backup generators and create a distraction. I planned to do the dirty work on my own as her team is taking care of that.

He's got two labs that I'm interested in taking out. I went on the tour to verify a few things. The one that Pheleos is taking point on is a machine that allows Arceus's blessing be moved from one person into another, including control of their Cryptid. Obviously Jamba would be interested in it, especially with all the Primes who gathered here. Varro has promised them the Dragon Prime, who thankfully isn't here, in exchange for their backing should they win the upcoming war. He's playing both sides effectively. Pheleos will hopefully get some of your Prime Friends on board as a strike team.

The lab that I'm trying to take out is his artificial life lab. It's obvious that he's trying to create cryptids without Arceus's blessing, and the Jamba gambit is just to buy time until he can create unlimited cryptids, which would give him the firepower to take over the region no questions asked. The Item Workshop was the only real opportunity to gain access to his ship and his labs, so Pheleos and I are planning to make the most of it.

At the mention of artificial Cryptids Marcus' eyes light up, and for a moment Marcus is glad that the medium of their communication made it difficult to maintain eye contact. He hopes Katie didn't notice, or make any obvious motion; at the very least, she likely knew about Icon, who was hardly natural.

Well, looks like I'm on your side then, Marcus scribbles. We can't let Varro gain any more Cryptids than Leviathan, especially after I worked so hard to get rid of his last one, Marcus writes, hoping that tidbit of information was enough to gain a bit more trust from Marissa. I can probably get a few more Primes on our side, and possibly two very tentative ones, Marcus writes, trying to formulate a plan.

Do you know where Varro conducts his M.I.N.T. research? Marcus scribbles. He's been able to produce cyborgs with it that I'd rather remove from the playing field before he can make any more, Marcus jots down, trying to formulate a plan. Retrieving the liquid from M.I.N.T.'s lab should be trivial for Quicksilver to handle on his own, especially as both facilities were on the same floor, which left it up to Marcus to secure whatever artificial Cryptid notes Varro had in his lab. If he was able to get both pieces, well, he'd be in a damn good spot to start doing exactly what Varro was planning to.

As he finishes writing, Marcus gently probes Q's room, hoping to find Katie, Tiny, Puck, or Jean there.

Show

17. - Top - End - #257
    Ettin in the Playground

At the mention of artificial Cryptids Marcus' eyes light up, and for a moment Marcus is glad that the medium of their communication made it difficult to maintain eye contact. He hopes Katie didn't notice, or make any obvious motion; at the very least, she likely knew about Icon, who was hardly natural.

Well, looks like I'm on your side then, Marcus scribbles. We can't let Varro gain any more Cryptids than Leviathan, especially after I worked so hard to get rid of his last one, Marcus writes, hoping that tidbit of information was enough to gain a bit more trust from Marissa. I can probably get a few more Primes on our side, and possibly two very tentative ones, Marcus writes, trying to formulate a plan.

Do you know where Varro conducts his M.I.N.T. research? Marcus scribbles. He's been able to produce cyborgs with it that I'd rather remove from the playing field before he can make any more, Marcus jots down, trying to formulate a plan. Retrieving the liquid from M.I.N.T.'s lab should be trivial for Quicksilver to handle on his own, especially as both facilities were on the same floor, which left it up to Marcus to secure whatever artificial Cryptid notes Varro had in his lab. If he was able to get both pieces, well, he'd be in a damn good spot to start doing exactly what Varro was planning to.

As he finishes writing, Marcus gently probes Q's room, hoping to find Katie, Tiny, Puck, or Jean there.
    Katie was present, obviously, as was Puck. However, you couldn't sense hide nor hair of Tiny or Jean.

They should be taken out with our distraction, Marissa wrote. But even if we didn't, you've got bigger fish to fry. It isn't like cybernetic technology is anything new for him. That's like ten years old.

And -
    as she was writing, you felt something. Something that was horribly inadequate to describe in words. It felt like a massive wind that you felt with your soul. A wind of roars and scales and royalty. A pure arcane draconic surge of power. And it wasn't a wind. It was more like a whirlpool. Or a black hole. Because it felt like the very idea of dragons was being sucked out of the space around you, out of the world. Katie leaped to her feet. Marissa lashed out involuntarily, sending the ice book crashing to pieces as she put her back to one of the ice walls.

And then it became still. For a horrible second, the entire world seemed wrong. Like something was off. Nothing looked or sounded or smelled different. But it felt weird. Wrong. It felt submissive and weak. It felt like a world where dragons didn't exist.

And then the moment passed. The world returned to normal. Now that you knew what to look for, you could feel the echoes of draconic energy in the world that had always been there. But it still felt different. Not like draconic energy had vanished, but that it had been ... constrained somehow.

Instinctively, you knew that the PTM had just been used to suck out Arceus's Blessing from the Dragon Prime.
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2018-07-03 at 06:07 PM.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #258
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Katie was present, obviously, as was Puck. However, you couldn't sense hide nor hair of Tiny or Jean.

They should be taken out with our distraction, Marissa wrote. But even if we didn't, you've got bigger fish to fry. It isn't like cybernetic technology is anything new for him. That's like ten years old.

And -
    as she was writing, you felt something. Something that was horribly inadequate to describe in words. It felt like a massive wind that you felt with your soul. A wind of roars and scales and royalty. A pure arcane draconic surge of power. And it wasn't a wind. It was more like a whirlpool. Or a black hole. Because it felt like the very idea of dragons was being sucked out of the space around you, out of the world. Katie leaped to her feet. Marissa lashed out involuntarily, sending the ice book crashing to pieces as she put her back to one of the ice walls.

And then it became still. For a horrible second, the entire world seemed wrong. Like something was off. Nothing looked or sounded or smelled different. But it felt weird. Wrong. It felt submissive and weak. It felt like a world where dragons didn't exist.

And then the moment passed. The world returned to normal. Now that you knew what to look for, you could feel the echoes of draconic energy in the world that had always been there. But it still felt different. Not like draconic energy had vanished, but that it had been ... constrained somehow.

Instinctively, you knew that the PTM had just been used to suck out Arceus's Blessing from the Dragon Prime.

Marcus was about to correct Katie on the ability of M.I.N.T., and then the surge hit. Marcus gagged at the distortion and the feeling of wrongness, and as the feeling passes, two thoughts pass through his mind simultaneously.

We can't let Varro have this, Marcus thinks, even as What would this do to Icon? flowed through as well. He shakes his head, ashamed of even having the thought. Still, the first thought held true. Varro had extracted the Dragon Prime's power, which meant they were on the clock to make sure nobody stole that ability.

Peter, Marcus says, with a look at Katie. You don't think that's why...? he says, trailing off before he locks eyes on Marissa.

Can you move the timeline? Marcus says, forgetting the need for discretion as he rapidly checks his pockets. If we're quick, we can stop this. Unlike earlier, the confidence that Marcus had in his voice was lacking. Varro was likely involved, and unless they moved very quickly they would be in trouble.

Quicksilver, scrap everything except Black and White, get as many Champions mobile as possible, Marcus orders, hoping the shock would kill Quicksilver's natural sarcasm for once. Katie, can you get in contact with Tiny and Dominic? Puck, where are you, and are you okay? Marcus thinks, adjusting his thick purple jacket and checking his pockets for his team over and over again.

Show

19. - Top - End - #259
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

"That wouldn't stop him from kicking us all out. And I think I'd like to take all I can before that happens." Dominic was fuming, barely hiding the contempt he felt for Varro right now. Killed the Electric Prime to take their Cryptid. What he wouldn't do to be able to punch the smug smile off Varro's dumb face. "What do you think Tiny? I kinda... sorta got caught up in all this."

20. - Top - End - #260
    Ettin in the Playground

Marcus was about to correct Katie on the ability of M.I.N.T., and then the surge hit. Marcus gagged at the distortion and the feeling of wrongness, and as the feeling passes, two thoughts pass through his mind simultaneously.

We can't let Varro have this, Marcus thinks, even as What would this do to Icon? flowed through as well. He shakes his head, ashamed of even having the thought. Still, the first thought held true. Varro had extracted the Dragon Prime's power, which meant they were on the clock to make sure nobody stole that ability.

Peter, Marcus says, with a look at Katie. You don't think that's why...? he says, trailing off before he locks eyes on Marissa.

Can you move the timeline? Marcus says, forgetting the need for discretion as he rapidly checks his pockets. If we're quick, we can stop this. Unlike earlier, the confidence that Marcus had in his voice was lacking. Varro was likely involved, and unless they moved very quickly they would be in trouble.

Quicksilver, scrap everything except Black and White, get as many Champions mobile as possible, Marcus orders, hoping the shock would kill Quicksilver's natural sarcasm for once. Katie, can you get in contact with Tiny and Dominic? Puck, where are you, and are you okay? Marcus thinks, adjusting his thick purple jacket and checking his pockets for his team over and over again.
    You think that he's with Varro? Katie asked. I don't - whatever, I'll go check on Tiny and Dominic. I think they're in the Casino still. She raced out of the room as Quicksilver frantically began to melt down some of his ice sculptures.

The timeline can't be moved, Marissa said. It relies on Varro being distracted at the time, and tomorrow afternoon is the only time we can guarantee that his reaction will be significantly slower. Her voice was shaky as she talked.

Besides, the machine has a 24 hour recharge time. So he won't be doing any more soul sucking with it until tomorrow.

I'm ok, but what on earth was that. It felt like the world was ... I don't know, but it felt bad Marcus. Really bad.

And like I said earlier, there are two targets. I need you on the artifical life lab. Pheleos is recruiting to take out the machine. But this is the only time we'll ever have a shot at sabotaging his projects until we're much more powerful. Varro is one of the strongest trainers in the region even without his items. We can't fight him head on. We have to take out the machine and the lab. If we miss one then he can either steal Prime abilities or create his own Cryptids, both of which are game-over for everyone else.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #261
    Ettin in the Playground

"That wouldn't stop him from kicking us all out. And I think I'd like to take all I can before that happens." Dominic was fuming, barely hiding the contempt he felt for Varro right now. Killed the Electric Prime to take their Cryptid. What he wouldn't do to be able to punch the smug smile off Varro's dumb face. "What do you think Tiny? I kinda... sorta got caught up in all this."
    Pheleos's eyes flashed. So people are dying and your biggest worry is that you might not get as many fun toys to play with. You may not kill like Jamba, but you're sure willing to stand to the side while others do the dirty work. You know what the plan is and you're welcome to help. I'm going to go look for some people who care a bit more about actually stopping this.

Get in my way because you want more items from the workshop though, and you will learn why the underworld of of Central trembles in fear when they talk about the Phantom.
    She stormed away, leaving her drink, her face red. Geneviere, the girl with spiked red hair and Pokeball guns, and Igneus, the half-cyborg, following her.

There was a pause in the air as Tiny took in the situation. He had none of his usual pep or flair. I mean, if this is true then I'm certainly inclined to stop it so long as they can actually ensure that Varro is taken out of the picture. I think -

Tiny was cut off abruptly as you both felt something. Something that was horribly inadequate to describe in words. It felt like a massive wind that you felt with your soul instead of your skin. A wind of roars and scales and royalty. A pure arcane draconic surge of power. And it wasn't a wind. It was more like a whirlpool. Or a black hole. Because it felt like the very idea of dragons was being sucked out of the space around you, out of the world. Tiny's drink shattered as he gripped his glass to hard, and even Dale seemed unnerved, though he wasn't nearly as affected as either of you.

Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2018-07-04 at 12:31 PM.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #262
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    You think that he's with Varro? Katie asked. I don't - whatever, I'll go check on Tiny and Dominic. I think they're in the Casino still. She raced out of the room as Quicksilver frantically began to melt down some of his ice sculptures.

The timeline can't be moved, Marissa said. It relies on Varro being distracted at the time, and tomorrow afternoon is the only time we can guarantee that his reaction will be significantly slower. Her voice was shaky as she talked.

Besides, the machine has a 24 hour recharge time. So he won't be doing any more soul sucking with it until tomorrow.

I'm ok, but what on earth was that. It felt like the world was ... I don't know, but it felt bad Marcus. Really bad.

And like I said earlier, there are two targets. I need you on the artifical life lab. Pheleos is recruiting to take out the machine. But this is the only time we'll ever have a shot at sabotaging his projects until we're much more powerful. Varro is one of the strongest trainers in the region even without his items. We can't fight him head on. We have to take out the machine and the lab. If we miss one then he can either steal Prime abilities or create his own Cryptids, both of which are game-over for everyone else.

Alright, Marcus says, calming slightly as Marissa explains the actual plan. Do you know how the machine stores things? Marcus asks. How long does it take from extraction to infuse somebody else? What were you going to do if you weren't able to recruit others? I was the one that approached you, after all, Marcus asks, seeing a few small holes in the plan that made him uneasy.

Dragon Prime is gone, Marcus says to Puck, knowing that his friend likely already understood that. Varro has a machine that can extract Prime power, and is close to a breakthrough on artificial Cryptids. There's going to be an opening tomorrow; can I count on you to help out? Marcus asks, praying that Puck will be able to help. Also, I might need to cash in on those Lum and Flame Muck Berries I lent you, he says, almost as an afterthought.

Show

23. - Top - End - #263
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Alright, Marcus says, calming slightly as Marissa explains the actual plan. Do you know how the machine stores things? Marcus asks. How long does it take from extraction to infuse somebody else? What were you going to do if you weren't able to recruit others? I was the one that approached you, after all, Marcus asks, seeing a few small holes in the plan that made him uneasy.

Dragon Prime is gone, Marcus says to Puck, knowing that his friend likely already understood that. Varro has a machine that can extract Prime power, and is close to a breakthrough on artificial Cryptids. There's going to be an opening tomorrow; can I count on you to help out? Marcus asks, praying that Puck will be able to help. Also, I might need to cash in on those Lum and Flame Muck Berries I lent you, he says, almost as an afterthought.
    It turns the blessing into a ring encased in Iridium, a rare and powerful metal. We don't know how long the ring lasts.
    Best case, a very short amount of time. Worst case, infinitely. Realistically, Pheleos thinks it'll last until a new blessing of that type is granted by Arceus, so about a hundred thousand years from now.

As for recruiting, do you really think I would have been so careless as to drop a book containing details that showed I was spying on the workshop in the muking workshop??? All of Jamba's research into you showed that me just approaching you would have lead to a poor result. I was more likely to gain your assistance if you thought you were in control.

It was also to see whether or not you'd run to Varro. After that little conversation you had with him about a potential alliance I wasn't totally sure I could trust you.

You know I'm game for anything. Dawn should be good to slow down enemies and fog up the cameras. While my involvement will be obvious due to the grass manipulation, it'll hide your involvement from the cameras. And I've got some in my pack. I can get them to you asap.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #264
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Dominic felt like he was going to throw up. It was worse then even seeing the Tree at the ranch go up in flames. At least that was only like having your stomach fall out. It was the singular most awful sensation that he'd ever experienced, bar one. "Tiny... that was that guy's sister. The knight. She was the Dragon Prime. And now... We gotta stop this. Whatever it takes. If... we have to bring down the entire Workshop." He grappled with exactly the emotion he was feeling right now. Outrage, violently ill, it was somehow sad beyond real understanding. Could they give her her power back? At the very least this wouldn't happen again. Not as long as he had anything to say about it.

"We need to go find Marcus and Katie. They need to know what's going on. Though I doubt they missed that."

25. - Top - End - #265
    Ettin in the Playground

Marcus

You hear a sharp rap on the door.

It's me, Puck thought at you. Tiny and Dominic here with me as well.

Dominic felt like he was going to throw up. It was worse then even seeing the Tree at the ranch go up in flames. At least that was only like having your stomach fall out. It was the singular most awful sensation that he'd ever experienced, bar one. "Tiny... that was that guy's sister. The knight. She was the Dragon Prime. And now... We gotta stop this. Whatever it takes. If... we have to bring down the entire Workshop." He grappled with exactly the emotion he was feeling right now. Outrage, violently ill, it was somehow sad beyond real understanding. Could they give her her power back? At the very least this wouldn't happen again. Not as long as he had anything to say about it.

"We need to go find Marcus and Katie. They need to know what's going on. Though I doubt they missed that."
    As you were running towards Marcus's room, you ran into Puck, who was similarly red faced and out of breath. You'd gotten a few weird looks from some people you ran past. Obviously non-primes weren't nearly as affected by the event as you all had been.

Puck simply nodded and, when you reached, Marcus's room, gave a sharp knock on the door.
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2018-07-08 at 04:55 PM.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #266
    Titan in the Playground

Quicksilver, Marcus says curtly, nodding to the Weavile who moves towards the door. Marissa, thank you for reaching out to me, Marcus says, slightly bitter that he'd been played with the notebook, but not entirely surprised. Now, if you don't mind, I have a few friends to bring up to speed. You're free to stay if you want, but if you have other matters to attend to I understand completely, Marcus says, silently praying to Uxie that she would leave.

With that, Quicksilver pulls the door open, letting the others in.

Katie, everybody is back here. Come back if you can, Marcus messages, hoping to catch his ally before she got too far away.
    Last edited by Arcran; 2018-07-08 at 11:14 PM.

Show

27. - Top - End - #267
    Ettin in the Playground

Marissa gives a soft curse at the door knock, snapping her fingers. Dolly immediately morphs into her jacket once more, and her eyes flick around.

Puck tosses you a bag of berries and collapses onto a bed. Tiny barges in with none of his usual flamboyance, and Katie arrives a minute later, quickly giving Dominic a hug. Marissa hangs back against the wall, and sneaks off so long as neither Dominic or Marcus address her.

Spoiler: Arc
    Show

Five each of the fire berries and lum.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #268
    Titan in the Playground

Marcus fumbles with the catch, but a deft claw from Quicksilver manages to pluck the bag out of the air. A moment later, the Weavile gets back to work constructing the igloo, doing his best to make some semblance of privacy for the group. This time, the Weavile adds a few extra layers which, hopefully, would negate the need for a book.

Long story short, Marcus says, looking around the room. Varro has a machine he's calling the Prime Transfer Machine that can extract what makes a Prime a Prime and imbue it in somebody else. In addition, he is working on technology for artificial Cryptids. We have the location of both of the machines, and we're going to have an opening tomorrow to shut them down. Marissa, Marcus says, nodding towards the Normal Prime, Is going to lead a force against the Cryptid lab. I will be accompanying her. Pheleos, her associate, will be leading an assault against the machine. Most of you, Marcus says, looking around the room and locking eyes with everybody but Dominic, lingering a bit longer on Puck, have more than proven yourselves willing to help when it comes to the safety of Cryptids and Primes. Obviously, if Varro is able to maintain control of the Prime Transfer Machine or learn how to make artificial Cryptids, it's game over. We lose. He already took one of us out, as you all likely know. That's two Primes we've lost to Varro, Marcus says, adjusting his glasses slightly.

Obviously, this is an issue not only of what's right, but our own survival. Can I count on all of you? Marcus asks, pausing to give everybody appropriate time to answer.
    Last edited by Arcran; 2018-07-09 at 06:42 PM.

Show

29. - Top - End - #269
    Ettin in the Playground

Puck and Katie both nodded, as did Tiny after clapping Dominic on the back.

Dominic and I were just talking with Pheleos actually. She seemed to imply that whatever distraction she was cooking up would shut down the cameras. And one of the things that I saw in the workshop were memory wipe syringes. So if I can nab those tomorrow in during the day we could protect our identities, especially since Pheleos is planning to have the Night Runners take the fall.

Puck nodded, clearly happy about the idea. Katie however, was frowning. And nobody can get ahold of Angus or Jean right? she asked. Is it possible that Varro took them already? And if so, why them instead of all of us?

The others looked rather somber at the idea that two of their number could possibly be held by Varro already.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #270
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

"Angus is the Dragon Prime's brother. Someone said something about siblings being special and two sets being a weird occurrence? I... sort of told him that Varro had his sister. He might have been lured into a trap thinking he could rescue her... Seems like the kinda thing Varro would do." Dominic says, slightly brushing off what Marcus was saying. "Pheleos gave me some papers about the PTM and maps and stuff if that's important for this? Honestly figure it would be." He waves the stack of papers around, looking pointedly not at Marcus. "I don't... remember who Jean is, sorry." Dominic tried very hard not to sway a little bit. Apparently he did not have a great tolerance for alcohol.