New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [WFRP] The Blood Crown VIII

Sieghard

Sieghard cleared his throat. "You do expect him to provide for your daughter, I assume. My men are paid on the first of the month. Would you drag him away now with only what little he has in his purse that he hasn't already pissed away?"

He looked over to where Adelbert was standing. "I've told you, he is helping with the hunt Brother Schreiber is having for the Mitterfruhl Feast. Once he's seen to his duties, then you can have him."

2. - Top - End - #362
    Firbolg in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: [WFRP] The Bloody Crown VIII

Adelbert

Gritting his teeth Adelbert walked over, unable to stand aloof any longer.

"I am the priest of this village and I'll have no talk of violence here, especially just two days before a festival to honour Taal." Adelbert intoned voice stern. His expression softened a little as he looked from Viggo to the the expectant grandfather. "Gentlemen please; there is a young lady about to become a mother in all of this and both her father and the, uh, father of the unborn have a duty to make her life comfortable at this moment. That will not be done by throwing people to the pigs."

He looked at Viggo for a long moment, expression anxious, then sighed and turned to the prospective grandfather. "What the captain told you is correct; Herr Viggo must remain here for the Mitterfruhl Feast. After that I will return with you - and him - to Arrow Keep to see if I can sort this business out." He paused, gathering himself. "If it comes to it I'll perform the marriage rites myself."

3. - Top - End - #363
    Titan in the Playground

Adelbert's intervention and the talk of money seemed to get through to the stranger. His two accomplices backed off, still leaving no avenue for Viggo to run.

"Alright," he said, grudgingly, "but I'm not letting this one out of my sight." He looked to Adelbert. "'s very good of you, father."

"You're not serious?!" said Viggo. "Adelbert? Rock Face?" He stared incredulously at them as the two out-of-towners turned him around and frogmarched him out of the barn. "We're friends! You're not going to let them... you're not going to marry me off to some..."

Even Hanna's expression had grown less sympathetic, waiting on what the next word would be. Nodding to Adelbert, the grandfather-to-be followed after his protesting prey.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    They're going to keep him under guard until it's time to cart him away. I'm ready to move on at this point if you guys are.
    Spoiler: My Games
    Show

WFRP 2E - Tales of Perilous Adventure
    The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

Dark Heresy 1E - Wake of the Byzantium
    Episodes: I, II, III, IV, V

WFRP 2E - The Bloody Crown
    Threads: I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X

4. - Top - End - #364

BlackDragon

Adelbert

Adelbert but not look happy, but sighed and nodded. "Viggo, like I said I'll talk with you later... and Bianka. In the mean time try not to cause trouble for Verena's sake."

After Viggo left the priest shot Hanna a sympathetic look. "Are you alright girl?"

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I guess I'm happy to move on unless the others want to add anything.

5. - Top - End - #365
    Titan in the Playground

Sieghard

Sieghard glared at Viggo. "We will talk later. The only reason I'm even doing this much for you is so all of this won't ruin Adelbert's plans for the holiday."

"Come with me," he ordered Viggo later that evening.

Sieghard and Viggo

Spoiler
    Show
    He headed towards the hostel. "You're thirsty, I'm sure."

He took a seat inside and ordered drinks for both of them. "I'm disappointed, Viggo. All that talk of trusting eachother... Is this what it comes to? Sneaking off the moment I'm not able to keep my eyes on you? Did you think I wouldn't find out?"

OOC: If grandpa and his friends try to follow, Sieghard will tell them to wait outside by the door. Only one way in or out and he'd prefer them not eavesdropping on his conversation. Also, I'm fine with timesplitting this if you don't want to hold the others up.
    Last edited by TheSummoner; 2017-08-16 at 01:08 PM.

6. - Top - End - #366
    Titan in the Playground

Hanna looked as if she didn't appreciate Adelbert's condescension. She hesitated fearfully for a moment, waiting to see if Sieghard had any punishment in store for her - but seeing that her commander's attention was still on Viggo, she did her best to quietly slink away.

~

Later, Sieghard found Viggo sitting miserably at the foot of the Arrow Heap men's handcart, one of the burly villagers standing very close by. In the event, it wasn't difficult for the heavily armed Sieghard to convince the fellow that he needed to speak alone with his subordinate, as long as he promised to bring him back when he was done.

Sieghard & Viggo

Spoiler
    Show
    "It wasn't sneaking! said Viggo. "You ran off without even stopping to tell us where you were headed! What were we supposed to make of that, eh?" He gesticulated wildly, still clearly very agitated. "You were the ones sneaking! And spying on us with the bird, and who knows what else besides!"

Looking over his shoulder, he bit his lip.

"You've got to get me out of this, Sieghard. They're going to chain me to a post and have me farm turnips 'til I'm old and grey. I can see it in the old man's eyes. I never meant to... well, you know." He tugged at his collar. "I thought she was glad to see the back of me."
    Show

The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

7. - Top - End - #367
    Titan in the Playground

Sieghard and Viggo

Spoiler
    Show
    "And how do you expect me to do that?" Sieghard asked, "Cut down an old man and his neighbors? You can get yourself out of this one."

"And we weren't the ones sneaking. Captain gave us orders and we didn't have time to wait around for you and the rest to get back. I left a job for you to do to keep you from getting bored, and we would've told you everything when we got back." He took a drink. "As for Hanna, I sent her here just so you wouldn't be tempted. Not that it helped. I want the truth. Did I catch you before anything happened or have the two of you been fooling around since the moment me and Elsa left?"

8. - Top - End - #368
    Titan in the Playground

Sieghard & Viggo

Spoiler
    Show
    "Get myself out of this one. Right," said Viggo. He looked right and left again, clearly wracking his brain for solutions. "Right..."

"Did I catch you before anything happened or have the two of you been fooling around since the moment me and Elsa left?"
    Viggo made an exasperated noise. "She's a grown woman, you know Sieghard? She can make her own choices." He hesitated awkwardly. "I've only been here a few days. We were helping Adelbert with some business in Ravenskird, and on the way back he came up with this hunt of his... and she was here, and I thought I could help with Gustaf..." His voice dropped off into a shamefaced mumble. "I didn't think you'd be back so quick."
    Show

The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

9. - Top - End - #369

BlackDragon

Adelbert

Adelbert looked sadly at Hanna as she did her disappearing act, then shook his head. "Well then, I better get back to work. We can have an ale together at the Hostel later."

He looked at Elsa and the ghost of a smile tugged at his lips. "I've never asked but does your familiar drink?"

10. - Top - End - #370
    Titan in the Playground

Sieghard and Viggo

Spoiler
    Show
    "She chose to be a soldier, Viggo." Sieghard chided. "And that choice comes with responsibilities and duties. She can't fight a war if someone puts a child in her. And you've got your own duties to think about as well," he said. "You have to be able to give orders without playing favorites. Orders that might end in her or someone else dying. You've seen how bad a battle can turn, we're not able to afford distractions like that."

"What's this about Schreiber and Ravenskird anyways?"
    Last edited by TheSummoner; 2017-08-16 at 03:00 PM.

11. - Top - End - #371
    Titan in the Playground

Sieghard & Viggo

Spoiler
    Show
    "Oh, of course," said Viggo, more than a little bitterly. "And I'm sure you and Elsa didn't touch each other while you were off on your romantic trip. Aloooone." He managed to make the letter 'o' do a lot of work.

"It was just Adelbert stuff. Some chit-chat with the priest of Morr up there. He's gotten cagier about travelling alone since Rivermouth. I don't blame him." He cocked his head at Sieghard. "What was your business for the Captain?"
    Show

The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

12. - Top - End - #372
    Titan in the Playground

Sieghard and Viggo

Spoiler
    Show
    "Elsa doesn't take orders from me," Sieghard replied flatly, "And what's between us started before I was taking Sforza's coin. It's a different situation." he said, "I've never gotten a woman with child." As far as I know. He suddenly felt very grateful for that.

"Sforza sent us to start a few fires," he lied. Then, to stop further questions he added. "She knows more about it than I do. I was just there to keep her safe." he paused. "What does Adelbert stuff mean anyways? What sort of business does he have with Brother Cezar?"

13. - Top - End - #373
    Titan in the Playground

Sieghard & Viggo

Spoiler
    Show
    "Priest business. I don't know," said Viggo, defensively. "I just tried not to get eaten alive by the damn flies. Bloody swamp town."

Sieghard could tell Viggo was sulking now.

"You can try giving the Capitano your reasons when you do get Elsa knocked up, See if he gives them any more credit than you've given me." He raised one eyebrow as far as it would go. "I'm sure he'll be very understanding of your different situation."
    Show

The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

14. - Top - End - #374
    Titan in the Playground

Sieghard and Viggo

Spoiler
    Show
    "I -" Sieghard realized he didn't really have anything good to say to that. "I will deal with that if it happens," he finally replied, "I've already decided I'll do whatever I have to to keep her safe. As safe as she can be, being who she is and doing what she does, at least. Even if that means keeping her safe from him."

Looking for a change of subject, he steered the conversation back to Ravenskird. "Is that where Ludo was, then? With you and Schreiber in Ravenskird?"

15. - Top - End - #375
    Titan in the Playground

Elsabeth

"I've never asked but does your familiar drink?"

Elsa, who had not cast a single glance at Adelbert in the few minutes since their reunion, blinked at him in obvious puzzlement. "What kind of question is that? He's a raven. He drinks water."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:
    Voyages of the Ghostlight (Risus)

Playing:
    The Bloody Crown (WFRP) as Elsabeth Holt, rogue pyromancer and court wizard

Quote Originally Posted by TheSummoner View Post
    Oh wow. I will never again underestimate [our characters'] ability to turn friendly conversation into a possible life or death situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeSwordfish View Post
    Ludo has a crowbar, if that helps.

16. - Top - End - #376

BlackDragon

Adelbert

Adelbert grimaced. So much for pleasantries, same old boorish Elsa.

"Well I best return to my duties." He turned and headed back to the shrine.

17. - Top - End - #377
    Titan in the Playground

Sieghard & Viggo

Spoiler
    Show
    "Yes," said Viggo. "Didn't the bird tell you that as well?" He was practically fuming now. "This is all a bit rich, don't you think? That you're giving me the thumbscrews over who was where and where when, but we're not allowed to know where you and Elsa ran off to because the Capitano wouldn't like it?" He leaned over the table and lowered his voice. "I thought we agreed that we were in this together. Trust goes both ways."
    Show

The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

18. - Top - End - #378
    Titan in the Playground

Sieghard and Viggo

Spoiler
    Show
    "The bird was with us," Sieghard said. "I had Elsa send it back once and only once, to stop you from... Well, doing exactly what you did. After what's happened, can you honestly say I was wrong to worry?" He finished his drink and called for another. "I have given you my trust. Told you things I probably shouldn't have and certainly more than anyone else would because of it. But I know how you get when you see a pretty girl. You stop thinking and do whatever you want to do."

19. - Top - End - #379
    Titan in the Playground

Ludo slunk away like Hanna.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing else to do before the hunt - which Ludo will join, if they'll have him. Might as well crank up towards that Outdoor Survival.

20. - Top - End - #380
    Titan in the Playground

Elsabeth

"Well I best return to my duties."

Elsa looked as if she was about to say something, then decided against it. Just when it seemed like she had settled on keeping silent, she said: "Yes. Go do your... priestly things, whatever they are."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:

Playing:

Oh wow. I will never again underestimate [our characters'] ability to turn friendly conversation into a possible life or death situation.

21. - Top - End - #381

BlackDragon

Adelbert

Adelbert shook his head sadly and left silently.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Okay I guess I'm ready to move on to the morning.

22. - Top - End - #382
    Titan in the Playground

Sieghard & Viggo

Spoiler
    Show
    "Yeah well," he said, "don't you think I'm suffering enough for that now?" He drained the last of his cup. "Just saying, you don't seem too concerned for the well-being of your men, commander."

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Next thing I have on my radar after this is the following IC day and the hunt; let me know when you're ready to move on.
    Show

The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

23. - Top - End - #383
    Titan in the Playground

Sieghard and Viggo

Spoiler
    Show
    Sieghard scowled. "After what what I caught you doing, you're lucky you're getting away without a beating." He took a long drink. "Doesn't mean I'm not worried for you though. If I wasn't, I could've just let them drag you off the moment they found you. You didn't actually think I still planned on paying you this month after you ignored your orders and ran off to fool around even after I've warned you not to, did you?" He glanced towards the door. "You've got a horse and there's only three of them. Even if they keep someone watching you during the night, I can't imagine it'd be too hard to get them to drink during the festival."

He finished his drink and stood. "Of course, Schreiber would be disappointed in you if you did. Wouldn't hurt you to learn a bit more responsibility for that matter." There was a pause. "If you did go with them, I'd visit when I could. Elsa and Ludo too, I'm sure. I'm not saying to do anything or not do anything, just to think on it... And if you do try anything, make sure they don't see you doing it. Wouldn't want to see you get hurt." He headed towards the door.

OOC: Ready to move on.
    Last edited by TheSummoner; 2017-08-16 at 08:55 PM.

24. - Top - End - #384
    Titan in the Playground

Sieghard & Viggo

Spoiler
    Show
    "You've got a horse and there's only three of them. Even if they keep someone watching you during the night, I can't imagine it'd be too hard to get them to drink during the festival."
    Viggo fell silent as comprehension dawned. He was still reaching for a reply as the door closed behind Sieghard.

Aubentag, 33rd Jahrdrung

Aubentag morning came to the sound of excitement, as the villagers of Painford turned out in their dozens to see the start of Adelbert’s hunt. The majority of the hunters were on foot, carrying spears or bows. Stoutheart yapped eagerly at the sight of two lean dogs on long leashes, already sniffing the air in anticipation.

Adelbert and Viktor were the only two on horseback. Watching from his elevated position, Adelbert saw Viggo arguing animatedly with his three newfound guardians.

“...look, if you want… brother Schreiber to do the honours like he said, you’re going to have to let me help him like I promised. That was the deal.” He spread his hands in a gesture of exasperation. “Come along if you’re so worried! Don’t you want to see a little excitement?”

The two men that Viggo’s father-in-law-to-be had brought with him looked at each other. They didn’t quite share their friend’s single-minded determination to deliver Viggo back to Arrow Heap, and looked as if they might well want to see a little excitement. At last, Viggo prevailed on the old man to let him go – provided, of course, that the men from Arrow Heap came too to watch his every step.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Adelbert and Viggo definitely confirmed for going on the hunt: of the remaining NPCs, does anyone not want to tag along? If you're coming along I'd like to know if it's as a hunter or a spectator, and if as a hunter how you're going equipped.

By the way, Sentinel, we could really use your input on the question of How Many Wizards in the recruitment thread.
    Last edited by LCP; 2017-08-17 at 10:32 AM.
    Show

The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

25. - Top - End - #385

BlackDragon

Aubentag, 33rd Jahrdrung

Before mounting Bella, Adelbert had held religious services calling on Taal to bless the hunt. The priest was in a reflective mood this morning and approached Sieghard and Elsa before the day's action started.

"I know things are tense between us, but I hope you are going to join in the hunt, though I'd try and stay clear of Viktor if I where you Sieghard. I don't think he's forgiven or forgotten. I'd also recommend leaving Morrslieb somewhere safe Elsa. You don't want so overenthusiastic villager with a sling looking to bag a bird."

26. - Top - End - #386
    Titan in the Playground

32nd Jahrdrung - evening

Elsa and Sieghard

Spoiler
    Show
    As they prepared for bed at the Painford Hostel, Elsa spoke privately with Sieghard. "Have you noticed how none of them asked us what we were doing up north? I think they know, and forgot to pretend they didn't."

She let those words sink in, then added: "I'm not sure we have time for festivities tomorrow. We're still on a mission, and thousands depend on us."

33rd Jahrdrung

"I'd also recommend leaving Morrslieb somewhere safe Elsa. You don't want some overenthusiastic villager with a sling looking to bag a bird."

"Morrslieb can handle himself," Elsa said coolly.

Privately she wondered if Adelbert's comment might have been a threat. She had sent Morrslieb to keep watch on the priest before, and had specifically instructed him to let himself be seen. Adelbert knew Elsa distrusted him, but pretended he did not know. Whereas she pretended not to know that he knew.

All of this gave her a bit of a headache.
    Last edited by -Sentinel-; 2017-08-17 at 11:47 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:

Playing:

27. - Top - End - #387

BlackDragon

Adelbert, Aubentag, 33rd Jahrdrung

Adelbert rolled his eyes at Elsa's continuing colossal rudeness. "Well, good hunting anyway."

He cleared his throat, and glanced over at Viggo, then turned back to Sieghard. "Sieghard, I'm going to try my best to help him. I've no doubt he's been unwise with this... ahem... Bianca business, but I'll be on way to Arrow Heap after the festival to get to the bottom of this. I don't suppose I can persuade you to come with me?"

28. - Top - End - #388
    Titan in the Playground

"Where were you anyway?" Ludo asked Elsa and Sieghard. "We thought you might have been off to assassinate the Duke. "

29. - Top - End - #389
    Titan in the Playground

"Where were you anyway? We thought you might have been off to assassinate the Duke. "

Elsa's eyes flicked to Adelbert, then back to Ludo. "We were - and still are - on business that is not the concern of civilians. We'll discuss it later. I think a better question is what you're doing here, Ludo. And what makes you think Sieghard won't drag you back to Manann's Keep right away."

She resisted an urge to glare at Adelbert for trying to get Sieghard away from her. This sounded like some kind of plot.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:

Playing:

30. - Top - End - #390
    Titan in the Playground

"I just came here with Adelbert and the father-to-be here." Ludo said, sounding a little hurt.