New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 47 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2237383940414243444546474849 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 1468
  1. - Top - End - #1381
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XCVII: Cheerilee's Lonely Hearts Club

Although it's a bit more in depth about injury/death than mlp, for some reason this brief comic reminds me of it:
    http://ink-rose-the-hylian.tumblr.co...and-the-dragon
    Last edited by gooddragon1; 2018-01-13 at 07:14 PM.
    There is no emotion more useless in life than hate.

2. - Top - End - #1382
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by gooddragon1 View Post
    for some reason
    The name of the author?

3. - Top - End - #1383
    Ogre in the Playground

Movie second half, thoughts as I watch.
    Spoiler: My Little Pony the movie, second half
    Show
    • [The Mane Six can breathe from bubbles on their head.] Magical bubbles! Nice! Pinkie loves bubbles. [The merpony queen's daughter takes them to the castle.] I dunno. This underwater city you have here is nice, I guess, but it's not as impressive as the other awesome worldbuilding we've seen in this movie. At least, this introduction didn't fill me with awe. And I don't think it's only because I knew they'd go to the merpony castle. Hopefully we'll see more of the merpony city later that will impress me though.
    • [Queen: “You know surface dwellers are forbidden here. Guards!”] Jar Jar, whatsa you be doing backy here? Yousa break no-humans law! Yousa bein' pune-ished! [Queen's daugther tells them they're the hippogryphs, but they hid underwater so the Storm king can't find them, so now they're merponies.] Ooh! And the queen has the Lost Orb of Phanastacoria too! Only in this universe, its power is to turn ponies to merponies. Very interesting. [Mane Six is happy with being merponies, except for Spike who turned to a pufferfish.] Yeah. He enjoyed being a dog in EG, but now he gets the bad end of the stick. Poor Spike, he always gets these bad roles. [Twilight tells the queen they could use the power of the Orb to fight the Storm king. Queen says no.]
    • [Daughter wants to be friends with Mane Six. Pinkie is eager, the rest less so.] Oh. The princess's daughter has no friends here. Pinkie must help now. Yes, the daughter's pet oysters Shelly and Sheldon are a deliberate reference to Pinkie's imaginary friends in S1 E25 Party of one. Twilight Sparkle, remember what Pinkie told you in S5 E11 Party pooped? “Making new friends is always awesome.” Pinkie Pie will take her responsibilities seriously, and convince Twilight, so I'm not worried. [Her name is Princess Skystar.] And she wants to leave because she has friends left outside of the merpony land, who she can't visit now. Ow. [Twilight asks Pinkie to organize a party for Princess Skystar. Sends everyone away, considers stealing the Orb.] No! Don't do it, Twilight! Noooo!
    • [Party] I don't like this song either.
    • [Twilight does try to steal the Orb. Alarm activates.] Darn you! Stupid Twilight Sparkle! Do you never learn? Why, Twilight, why? Princess Celestia would be disappointed in you. Is this how you repay hospitality? [Queen exiles all of the Mane Six and Spike from the land, they turn back to their normal form.] Applejack and Fluttershy and Spike will be disappointed in you too. Maybe even Rarity and Rainbow Dash will be. [Yep.] No! Apologize to them, Twilight! It's still not too late! Apologize to your friends! Please! Spike, tell her to apologize! Twilight, think of all the friendship lessons you've learned! You're scaring me, Twilight.
    • [Twilight is captured by Tempest's minions. Lifted in a cage to the airship.] Oooh! A villain song by Tempest. The first few notes immediately recall Principal Cinch's song from EG3 “Unleash the magic”. This will be good! [Tempest explains her back story with a flashback without words. She was once an ordinary pony from Equestria. An ursa attacked her, breaking her horn. She couldn't use her magic. Scared, the two friends that were with them ran away. From that point, she turned away from friendship.] So that's your backstory? Interesting. It's sort of like the backstory of Starlight Glimmer, or the other villains who turned away from friendship, but perhaps a bit better. I think I like it. Regardless, it will certainly have the right effect on Twilight Sparkle. But it's a bit too late. Ok, now I'm worried. How will the ponies save the day?
    • [Spike tells the rest of the Mane Six that Twilight is taken. They want to save her, but can't follow the airship. The cat Capper arrives. Brings the pirates.] Yes! The friends they made return and will help them rescue Twilight! Yes yes yes yes yes! [Skystar arrives too.] Well hello, skystar. How did you turn back? Did you get your mother's permission to leave, or did you use the Orb's power without her consent? [The latter.]
    • [Back in Equestria. All the ponies are slaves, not only on chains, but also wearing masks. The mute animal minions of tempest's army are ruling, and forcing them to do favors. One of the spa ponies massages a minion; Songbird Serenade is in a cage and must sing to them.] Oh! Very powerful image, this one. Nice worldbuilding. And good callback to the Great and Powerful Trixie's short rule. [Minion tells Songbird Serenade to shut up.] Nope, backwards. Songbird Serenade was singing to herself, and the minions don't like that. That's slightly better, I guess. You remember the songbird (lark I think) that Miss Andrew captured in Mary Poppins Comes Back? That story has always made a big impression on me. Songbird Serenade in a small cage is trying to evoke a similar emotion. It's a pity there's no Mary Poppins here to save her and everyone else.
    • [Tempest arrives, brings Twilight in a cage. They carry her into the throne room, where they meet the Storm king.] This is scary. Like, really scary. They're trying to take Twilight's magic, like Tirek tried, and use it for their own benefit.
    • [Storm King uses the staff to steal the power of the four alicorn princesses. Storm King gains power through the staff. Lets Twilight out as first act.] Are you crazy? You break Twilight out of her cage? I really hope that staff at least isn't easy to steal and use against you. [Tempest asks for her horn.] Ah yes, that scene. You know, from Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, when Peter asks the newly resurrected Lord Voldemort to give him a new arm like he promised. “My Lord … my Lord … you promised … you did promise …” I wonder how it will play out this time.
    • [Capper brings a cake, to be delivered to the Storm king.] Oh hey! It's the Troyan cake again. But if the Mane Six are pulling the cake, then who's inside it? Oh right, the pirates. Five of them. And Skystar I guess. [Grubber tastes cake, discovers hidden pirate.] Yay! [Pirates and Skystar fight minions. Mane Six and Capper help.] Yes! I like this! [Mane Six head for the castle.] Well that will be a problem. The Storm king with her power is there, and he'll capture you. Perhaps Tempest will turn against him, perhaps he won't. I dunno. I guess he'll have to, when he sees true friendship, or something. But there's still enough of the film that the situation will probably get worse and that won't happen immediately. Ok, let's see.
    • Ha! Shelly and Sheldon help the fight too! Did you learn that trick from Pinkie Pie, Skystar? [Capper uses Spike as a firethrower.] Oh wow! That must be the first time Spike uses his fire breath offensively. Or maybe second? I think there was one more minor case somewhere. Don't remember. [They arrive to the castle, with Tempest and the Storm king. Storm king makes big storm like he said he'd do.] The storm is so big even Rainbow Dash seeks shelter? Hmm. But she doesn't seem afraid of it. She'll go out and fight in a moment I guess. And I bet you no airship pirate will be afraid of fighting in a storm. A storm helps the chaotic people like pirates in a fight. You've chosen your weather wrong, mister Storm king.
    • [Storm king announces he is betraying Tempest, isn't willing to try to give her horn back.] Bad decision, mister Storm king. Haven't you studied the story of your fellow minotaur, Tirek? Is he a minotaur though? I'm not sure. [Twilight saves Tempest from the storm.]
    • [Pinkie gets her, Applejack, Fluttershy, Rarity, Rainbow Dash, and Spike shot from a cannon.] Um, why is Pinkie the only one wearing a helmet? Even the Great and Powerful Trixie knew that when you get shot from a cannon, you should wear a helmet. And Rainbow Dash, you put a helmet on Apple Bloom way back. Shouldn't you apply the same standards of safety equipment to yourself? I don't understand what Pinkie wants to do here though. What's the goal of getting shot from a cannon? [They fly into the castle and hit the Storm king right in the head.] Ok, and that's good why exactly? You did like two points of damage. The Storm king will just get up and capture all of you with his newfound magic.
    • [Twilight: “I've gotta get control of it!”] Um. Do you mean you want to claim the staff as yours? I don't think that's a good idea. Getting it away from the Storm king, sure. But try to use the staff yourself and it will just turn on you. That staff isn't an artifact of friendship, you won't be able to bend it under your will. Not quickly enough, anyway. [The Mane Six and the Storm king race to get the staff. At a very slow pace, because of the indoor storm. Twilight gets the staff, but the storm carries her away. Pinkie: “Noooo!”] Noooo!
    • [Twilights descends with the staff.] Um, how did you do that? And will the Storm king reclaim his staff now? It's still his, I think. You haven't defeated him yet. [Storm king approaches them.] Yup, like I said. [Storm king throws one of those bombs. Tempest intercepts it, gets captured in crystal. But the Storm king is captured in crystal too. He falls and shatters.] Ouch. That doesn't look good. [Twilight saves Tempest from the same fate with the staff, and frees her.] Good. It will take some time for his minions to reassemble the Storm king and revive him. The ponies are safe for now, until he returns in the next film. Unless the bind his soul in a gem now to stop that, or something, but I don't think they'd do that.
    • [Tempest frees the other three princesses with the staff. Fixes the town. Festival starts.] Let the party start! Do we get a good song, or a bad song? [Songbird Serenade says let's celebrate Twilight and her friends.] It will take Twilight some time to get over the shame of what she did back in the merpony land, but her friends will help for sure. Will we saw a bit more of the merponies now? I hope we will, since they originally went underwater to escape from the Storm king. I wonder if they'll remain underwater or turn back to hippogryphs. I guess they'll be able to change between the two now, and take tourists to the underwater city so that they can try being a merpony too, but apart from that, most of them will return to the air.
    • [Song.] What the heck? I can't understand half of those words. Just what style are you supposed to be singing? [Rarity makes new cape for Capper. Hippogryphs arrive. Tempest looks in, starts to quietly leave. Twilight follows.] Ok, at least the song is short. Or is it continuing? And will we find out what color Songbird Serenade's eyes are? [Song continues, becomes the end credits. Happy ending. Everyone is friends with everyone else. Rainbow Dash does the sonic rainboom to Skystar. Bulk Biceps lets the minions into the party. Minion with party hat.] Derpy! [Grubber sings.] I bet I mixed up the names of Grubber and Capper at least once in these posts. I don't like this song, but apart from that, nice party. [Pirate plays with one of these signboards where you can take a photo with your head where Princess Celestia's head would be on the picture.] Is that … a Harry Potter style animated paper photograph? Weird. Hi, Starlight and Trixie! [They're launching fireworks.] Hehe, the actualy hippopotamus king came too. [Tempest shoots a pinata in the shape of Storm king's head.] I hope that was therapeutic. [Celestia and hippogryph king bow to each other.] Apparently it's been long since they met. [DJ-Pon ends Songbird Serenade's song and puts in different music.] Oh, finally. I hope she won't continue singing. [Song with male singer starts.] Hey Discord! Muffins! [End of film.]

Concluding thoughts.
    • This film was great! I loved almost every moment, no big fault in it. 10/10 would watch again.
    • There's a lot to think about. And read all your reactions too of course, because you always notice things I don't, and so watching together with you adds to my enjoyment. Thank you in advance, ponythread.
    • One obvious question is, when did all this happen, relative to S7?
    • As for the Storm king, I'm quite sure his state can be fixed easily. Just assemble the pieces and free him from the crystals. The question is not if but when and who. Does he still have servants who will steal those pieces? Or will Princess Twilight decide to free him like he did with Discord?
    • I'll think about this film and try to write more, and read your comments. At some point. Right now I'm calling this a night, and I'm not sure I'll want to do that tomorrow. Might be later. Sorry.

4. - Top - End - #1384
    Spamalot in the Playground

Tiny AJ, normal hat.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by b_jonas View Post
    Movie second half, thoughts as I watch.
    Spoiler: My Little Pony the movie, second half
    Show
    [*]One obvious question is, when did all this happen, relative to S7?[*]As for the Storm king, I'm quite sure his state can be fixed easily. Just assemble the pieces and free him from the crystals.
    Spoiler: Pony: the Movie
    Show
    I think someone on staff mentioned the movie ideally fits between season 7 and 8? Nothing in the show continuity seems to change at the end of the movie (boo. Transformers did it better) so I guess it can be flexible where you put it.

If you un-crystal/stone him then wouldn't he just fall apart as pieces of meat? I don't think the act of turning him to flesh auto heals the shattered body problem.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

5. - Top - End - #1385
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Show
    I think someone on staff mentioned the movie ideally fits between season 7 and 8? Nothing in the show continuity seems to change at the end of the movie (boo. Transformers did it better) so I guess it can be flexible where you put it.
    Spoiler: Movie Timeline
    Show
    The Movie actually fits better the earlier you put it, so as to explain Equestria's lack of allies - mid-Season 6, shortly after No Second Prances, would do fairly. Unless, that is, they start referring to Movie events in Season 8, which would indeed seem to put it around the tail end of Season 7 (which is when it hit theaters), if not in between Seasons 7 and 8.

I presume Miller gave the "in between seasons" answer because he didn't think about it very much, and it was an easy answer to give.
    Last edited by zimmerwald1915; 2018-01-14 at 12:00 PM.

6. - Top - End - #1386
    Ogre in the Playground

My impressions of My Little Pony the movie, after sleeping on it.
    Spoiler: My Little Pony the movie
    Show
    • It's a great movie. It's amazing how MLP can keep up producing so much with this high quality.
    • I was afraid the movie would waste time on introducing the Mane Six for people who don't watch the show. This was totally unfounded. The movie wasted very little time on such things, so none of it was boring for experienced fans.
    • The part of the movie that stuck with me the most is the worldbuilding. Before the movie was released, the marketing said that the Mane Six would travel outside of Equestria this time. That statement was vague, I didn't know what they meant. Now I know. In this movie, we see the contact of two worlds of very different style. The first one is the ordinary pony world we've seen so much in MLP. Besides Canterlot and the Mane Six, the hippogryps and seaponies and Tempest are part of that world. The other one is a Disney-style world. That's present as the desert town with the mixture of alien creatures you'd see in a bar in Star Wars, that cat who owes a large debt to the local mob boss, the cartoonish bird person pirates, the Storm king and his army of storm creatures. So an MLP villain Tempest and a Disney villain Storm king team up, and the team who fight them is also an alliance of creatures from both worlds.
    • The cast for new characters is all new voice actors, or at least they didn't have significant parts before. We don't know who voiced the foal in S5 E16 Made in Manehattan asking her father “Well, can we stay and watch it please? Please, can we, can we?”. Was it the same actor as Princess Skystar asking her mother “Oh! Can we show them? […] Can we, can we, can we, can we, can we, can we, can we, can we, can we?”?
    • Yes, Twilight Sparkle was stupid. I think the easiest way to explain this is to presume that this story happened a long time ago, perhaps right in the break between S3 and S4. We hadn't heard of it in the show because it's in a forked universe that never got merged back to the show, just like how Equestria Girls works. So just as Sunset Shimmer doesn't show up in the main show, Tempest also can't. The only thing I noticed in the movie that implies a later date is Starlight and Trixie showing up in the credits, but that's so tangential to the story of the movie that it's easy for me to just ignore it.

Meanwhile, I dreamt of MLP this night. I rarely remember my dreams, so this is only the second or third time that's happened.

Next: reading your posts about the movie.

Update: replies to your posts about My Little Pony the movie.
    Spoiler: My Little Pony the movie replies
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post
    I'll be honest. I was kinda disappointed.

Let's start with the plot, since that's where most of the blame lies. Tempest blows up to Canterlot where, we're told, pretty much every pony in Equestria has gathered for a festival. She then proceeds to, with virtually no resistance, subdue and capture everypony there with the exception of the Mane Six.

None of the Mane Six can see Capper for what he is. Twilight decides that stealing a heavily guarded artifact is the best way to solve her problems. When captured, Twilight handily decides to try to brute-force her way past the magic-resistant cage instead of, you know, remembering that she can teleport.

Even Tempest suffers from this plot-based incompetence. The only reason she's working for the Storm King is because he's promised to heal her horn, but instead of, you know, asking the princesses for help with their magic, she decides to embark on a mission of conquest to steal said magic. She never considers that it might be a scam until it's revealed that it is.
    Twilight immediately trying to steal the Lost Orb was disappointing, yes. I don't have much problem with the rest of what you mention. In particular, I don't think Tempest was working for the Storm king only for her horn. He became bitter and decided to be a villain after her two young friends shunned her. Sort of like Starlight really. She led the war against the ponies on her own desire, and the Storm king gave him an army of minions for that. And I think she did know deep down that the Storm king probably can't fix her horn. And as for Capper, some of the Mane Six probably did realize he might sell them out, but they decided to give her a chance anyway, because that's what Twilight as a Princess of Friendship should do, rather than what she did in Seaquestria. It's not like there was anyone else in Mos Eisley they would be able to trust more than Capper anyway.
    The music was quite fun,
    Wait, really? I didn't like most of the music. Only two of the eight songs were good, or something like that.
    Almost for that reason, Pinkie really stole the show for me. Every frame with her was a joy to watch. The fluid animation just fit with her.
    Yes, Pinkie always steals the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Pilum View Post
    A strange one. Fun, but at times it did feel a bit ‘by the numbers’.
    That's fair, but doesn't bother me much.

Quote Originally Posted by Quiver View Post
    It was alright. I felt like, in some ways, it felt more like a season four episode than the more recent ones. Twilight seemed less perfect than she has in recent episodes I've seen... or at least, the fact that she has conflict with her friends was more of a thing in this movie than it seems to have been lately, where they have moved beyond that.
    See? It's not just me saying that then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quiver View Post
    I did like some of the humor in it, especially the "raisedinabarn" joke. Tempest was an overly edgy OC in a lot of ways, but I liked her stoic delivery... and I kinda feel like, if you want to analyse it, her being so much a 'bad OC' is part of the point? After all, the Storm King mentions being sick of the cutsey pony stuff, and the ending mentions that she changed her name to something "cooler". Tempest almost feels like a teenager reacting against My Little Pony, if that makes sense?
    Yes. Tempest was a good character, her behavior made a lot of sense to me. And I think Angel dressed as a bird was the best gag.

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    I laughed quite a lot throughout the movie, so that was always a good sign.
    Yup. Skystar imitating the Otoh Gunga sequence from Darths & Droids helped a lot in that. And, like I said, Angel bunny singing with the birds.
    Pie-liking sidekick guy. He delt just like a mandated tick-box for "generic funny villain sidekick." Could have been dispensed with altogether.
    I liked the little porcupine when he was introduced as a herald announcing the arrival of the Storm king. Except for the lisp. We haven't seen heralds in MLP yet, except perhaps that Discord annouced himself for the Grand Galloping Gala. Grubber seemed useless later in the film though, that's true.
    Too Many Humanoids. For frack's sake, this is a show about equines, would it have killed them to have a lot more quadruped than biped new species? That's cooler anyway.
    That's what made it really look like they traveled outside of Equestria. Sort of like EG, you know. And I have the suspicion that this adventure won't be mentioned in the main show continuity either.
    No Sweeite or Scoots? (Or did I just miss them?)
    The three Crusaders appeared in the end credits together. Update: you also see Scootaloo and Apple Bloom in a cage in Canterlot in the scene right after the allies come to join the five of the Mane Six.
    They straight up killed the Storm King! Neat!
    No they didn't. At least, it's ambiguous. I'm quite sure that if the plot calls for it, he can recover from that.
    Derpy - even inadvently - taking one for the team.
    I actually missed that when I viewed. I assumed Rainbow Dash just snuck a non-living decoy in place of Twilight.

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    I really liked it, with only one minor complaint:
    Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    watching on the big screen i thought Derpy's heroics were accidental(still awesome though) but with the luxury of replaying/slowing/etc i see that it was very deliberate and therefore even more awesomer
    Wait, really? I don't understand what happened then. I'll have to rewatch this part.
    Wasted as in Twi could have teleported out of the way you mean? Cause she could have, yeah.
    I disagree. It seemed to me from the film like those magical bombs would almost always go on to find some target and enclose them in stone. Even if Twilight leaves, it will hit somepony. So if Derpy stood in the way, then it was heroic.
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Wasted as in Twilight was a net drag on the group throughout the movie and they probably would have accomplished more had they been forced to leave her behind.
    Maybe, but then the Storm king could have immediately started to use the magic of the four alicorns channled through the staff, and that would cause lots of destruction in Equestria.

I think someone on staff mentioned the movie ideally fits between season 7 and 8?
    Ok, thanks for the info.

DigoDragon: congrats for buying a home.

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    ...a small child could ride it like an actual pony.
    Not with the wings placed where they are. The natural place for a child to sit with the plushie constructed the way it is would be between the wings and the neck, but that would put quite a lot of strain on the wings and probably cause them to rip. And there's not enough area behind the wings to sit without slipping off.
    Yes, that's why Hermione didn't enjoy riding a hippogrpyh. She had to sit behind Harry, which means behind the wings. And even for just one person, it's not a comfortable steed to ride.

Update: one more thing about the movie.
    Show
    That paper cutout graphical style you see in the movie when Tempest shows his back story as a flashback? You've seen that one before in S2 E25 Canterlot Wedding part 1.
    Last edited by b_jonas; 2018-01-14 at 05:38 PM.

7. - Top - End - #1387
    Titan in the Playground

My impressions of My Little Pony the movie, after sleeping on it.
    Show
    No they didn't. At least, it's ambiguous. I'm quite sure that if the plot calls for it, he can recover from that.
    Spoiler
    Show
    No, I think being turned into stone and then shattered is about as fatal as it gets. (See Flesh to Stone.) Dude is deader than Sombra.

FRAG DAMMIT.

About about turn 270 - after wiping the wood elves - I am finding the (apparently traditional and unfixed) campaign map lag starting to be a serious problem. No good solutions, so I think the VC might have to go on hold (I've not even WON yet, dammit) until hopefully next week when I get my mate to do theupgrade to the processor/motherboard/RAM/case. "Good" news is, it appears to have bugger all to do with the GPU, as people with fra better ones than me have reported the issue (there are LOADS of threads on various forms on it - apparently it's endemic to Total War as a series. Good job, CA, good job.)

8. - Top - End - #1388
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    watching on the big screen i thought Derpy's heroics were accidental(still awesome though)
    but with the luxury of replaying/slowing/etc i see that it was very deliberate and therefore even more awesomer
    Wait, really? I don't understand what happened then. I'll have to rewatch this part.
    Spoiler
    Show
    yeah..if you watch carefully she comes running in from all the way on the left side of the screen
    and i believe she is the one who called out Twilights name(a true "Look Out Sir!" maneuver straight outta Warhammer) since they list a voice actress for Muffin in the credits and this is the only time she could have talked
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

9. - Top - End - #1389
    Ettin in the Playground

So I wonder what Digo would think of Bright on Netflix?
    Would have been Shadowrun, but not.
    Badly drawn helmet avatar drawn by me.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miko Miyazaki, Thanh, Durkon- Order of the Stick
    Krunch- Looking For Group
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Soap Mactavish- Modern Warfare 3
    Sandman- Modern Warfare 3
    Ghost and Roach- Modern Warfare 2
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Carmine Brothers- Gears of War series
    Uriel Septim VII- Elderscrolls Oblivion
    Commander Shepherd- Mass Effect 3
    Ned Stark- Song of Ice and Fire
    Apple Jack's parents

10. - Top - End - #1390
    Ogre in the Playground

Random questions about the movie.
    Show
    I have the feeling I've seen the paper cutout triangle leg pony style somewhere other than the movie and S2 E25, but I can't figure out where. It was probably connected to Pinkie. Can someone point to where it appeared?

How does the mountaintop underwater kingdom get enough light for agriculture if the entrance is a small lake? I don't think much sunlight can reach them through that entrance. Is the entrance perhaps just a magical portal the seaponies can activate, and the actual seapony kingdom is somewhere in a remote ocean? Or are they truly in the dark, and built a whole kingdom dependent on the huge energy output of the Lost Orb of Phanastacoria, producing plankton under artificial lighting? It would explain why the Queen was so protective of the Orb, but somehow I don't think it would actually work.

11. - Top - End - #1391

Quote Originally Posted by t209 View Post
    So I wonder what Digo would think of Bright on Netflix?
    Would have been Shadowrun, but not.
    Haven't seen it yet, so I have no opinion at the moment.

Random questions about the movie.
    Show
    How does the mountaintop underwater kingdom get enough light for agriculture if the entrance is a small lake? I don't think much sunlight can reach them through that entrance. Is the entrance perhaps just a magical portal the seaponies can activate, and the actual seapony kingdom is somewhere in a remote ocean? Or are they truly in the dark, and built a whole kingdom dependent on the huge energy output of the Lost Orb of Phanastacoria, producing plankton under artificial lighting? It would explain why the Queen was so protective of the Orb, but somehow I don't think it would actually work.
    Show
    When the ponies exit the kingdom, they're at the beach outside the mountain ruins, so there's probably other exits. Agriculture would most likely happen outside in the sea around the island.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

12. - Top - End - #1392
    Ettin in the Playground

Ooh, don't know if this has been posted yet (probably)

Spoiler: Large
    Show

[spoiler]FRAG DAMMIT.

About about turn 270 - after wiping the wood elves - I am finding the (apparently traditional and unfixed) campaign map lag starting to be a serious problem. No good solutions, so I think the VC might have to go on hold (I've not even WON yet, dammit) until hopefully next week when I get my mate to do theupgrade to the processor/motherboard/RAM/case. "Good" news is, it appears to have bugger all to do with the GPU, as people with fra better ones than me have reported the issue (there are LOADS of threads on various forms on it - apparently it's endemic to Total War as a series. Good job, CA, good job.)
    Yeah, turn length does drag a bit at longer games.

Did you know that the Tomb Kings race/expansion is releasing next week? Nice non-vampire undead. :)

13. - Top - End - #1393
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, turn length does drag a bit at longer games.
    Not the turn length, it's the stuttering/lag on the campaign map itself, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech
    Did you know that the Tomb Kings race/expansion is releasing next week? Nice non-vampire undead. :)
    After the £450 PC components I've just spent, unless TWWH2 goes on a big sale, I'll be waiting before I look at it. Especially considering this lag issue (since if it's bad on THIS map, what will the mortal empire map be like?)

But I had a break and had another stab with Rome in CK2. And - finally! - the other shoe dropped and the Aztecs invaded, just after Emperor Rapacious' bicentennial year!

200K groups one in Ireland and one in Mauretania came ashore.

Forunately, at the very first whisper, all ten 12k strong roman armies had been moved to the east of the Empire. And never had I been so glad for border gore (i.e. where one of my vassals has a province that really ought to be another vassal's) because it allowed me to raise SEVERAL large armies from my vassals and fiht nearly one to one. It was a tense, raging battle. The Roman Empire started off well (we could have forced a peace early on, but those event stacks don't go away). Eventually, the Aztecs pused the battle down towards 50% as they took land in Ireland, but th4e cost was tremendous, as my armies simply ran down theirs time after time, slaughtering them (and THEIR troops don't come back); until, by chance, we captured their leader and forced the victory. We lost no territory, but the Aztecs are still hanging around. (Bearing in mind that pretty much all of Europe bar three provinces of Scotland, North Africa and most of the Middle East and western Russia are under Roman control.) Then there was the concern of the money drain on my retinues as it nosedoved towards the red... But, again, having forseen the issue, I'd been banking money and cutting the reinforcement rate in half just worked, and Rome is now in profit again, and the major threat to the western empire is now defeated, so Rapacious can turn his gaze to the east...

14. - Top - End - #1394

Ooh, don't know if this has been posted yet (probably)
    "Large" doesn't seem to cover that. I remember seeing some of the sections of this a while back. Looks pretty epic with all the pieces together.

Well, time for breakfast.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2018-01-16 at 06:54 AM.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

15. - Top - End - #1395
    Colossus in the Playground

So, I'm like Super, super, super Late on this, but I just found Story of the Blanks and now I need a hug.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2018-01-16 at 08:20 AM.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

16. - Top - End - #1396
    Titan in the Playground

So, I'm like Super, super, super Late on this, but I just found Story of the Blanks and now I need a hug.
    Heard of it by reputation, but nothing which suggests that it is worth me reading.

17. - Top - End - #1397
    Banned

Was ist los?

18. - Top - End - #1398
    Colossus in the Playground

Was ist los?
    Pre-season 2 fanmade pony Flash game in 8-bit style.

Applebloom and Twilight anre leaving Zecora's when AB sees a little filly and follows her, finding an entire village of blank flanks(Like Adult Blank Flanks) who all seem nice, other than one who is kinda grumpy, blah blah blah fetch quests, blah blah blah town's having a partyand then suddenly you look in the fireplace and find the chared skelleton of a young filly, and suddenly everyone is a ghost with like, two non-hostiles and the woods around the town are surrounded by skelletons and everyone wants to keep Applebloom there forever and ever.

Somehow, I'd managed to avoid it till now.

There is absolutely no warning if you're going in blind. It's just, suddenly horror game.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

19. - Top - End - #1399
    Titan in the Playground

Pre-season 2 fanmade pony Flash game in 8-bit style.

Applebloom and Twilight anre leaving Zecora's when AB sees a little filly and follows her, finding an entire village of blank flanks(Like Adult Blank Flanks) who all seem nice, other than one who is kinda grumpy, blah blah blah fetch quests, blah blah blah town's having a partyand then suddenly you look in the fireplace and find the chared skelleton of a young filly, and suddenly everyone is a ghost with like, two non-hostiles and the woods around the town are surrounded by skelletons and everyone wants to keep Applebloom there forever and ever.

Somehow, I'd managed to avoid it till now.

There is absolutely no warning if you're going in blind. It's just, suddenly horror game.
    Ouch. I had already encountered it in a Fanfic, but I imagine that was an unpleasant surprise. Kinda a sad story to boot.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

20. - Top - End - #1400

Trixie Tuesday!
    Spoiler
    Show

*hug*

I played the game and it was... interesting? Different? I'm trying to be neutral but those are pretty much not neutral words. XD

Am I a bad pony for laughing?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Digo Dragon - Artist

21. - Top - End - #1401
    Titan in the Playground

The good: Nanny, bless her, told me while we were out at dinner today, she was going to give me £250 towards my computer upgrade. I barely even know what to say.

The bad: Generation X (the Comic What Has Jubilee In It) is being cancelled. Again.

The neutral: I have failed to do any scenarios for the upcoming Hammerhead, couldn't even play any games and have spent about maybe four hours re-reading the last few ponythreads (mostly my own posts), which is pretty much the definition of utter pointlessness.

Actually, I think we're moving to the point that I am starting to get concerned about my lack of energy, which seems to have been getting worse over the last five or six months, to do anything and am beginning to think That Damn Paladin hs managed to do something to me again.

22. - Top - End - #1402
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey guys, how are things going in this old Ponythread anyway? I see we're at like, 150+ threads now. That's a good amount!

23. - Top - End - #1403
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Tectonic Robot View Post
    Hey guys, how are things going in this old Ponythread anyway? I see we're at like, 150+ threads now. That's a good amount!
    Hang on a few pages and we'll make it 150++
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

"The main skill of a good ruler seems to be not preventing the conflagrations but rather keeping them contained enough they rate more as campfires." Rogar Demonblud

"Hold on just a d*** second. UK has spam callers that try to get you to buy conservatories?!? Even y'alls spammers are higher class than ours!" Peelee

24. - Top - End - #1404

Hey guys, how are things going in this old Ponythread anyway?
    Okay I guess? Just coasting around here as I been doing a lot of great and powerful real life stuff. Adult stuff like cooking meals, paying bills, and laundry (laundry day is a very dangerous day). Satisfying cause I got food and a roof over my head and cool things like clean clothes. I still draw tho.

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Manga Shoggoth View Post
    Does that make it armor piercing?

Spoiler
    Show
    Digo Dragon - Artist

25. - Top - End - #1405
    Titan in the Playground

*waves to Tectonic Robot*

Upgrade time tomorrow... So if it goes unduly quiet from this end, ponythreadm you'll know it's gone horribly wrong...

Which is about par for the course at the moment - among the other bits to add to the Bad column, Mum managed to back the car into and knacker the gate yesterday...

26. - Top - End - #1406
    Ettin in the Playground

Just had an idea about a Gundam storyline with marvel and Ponies,
    Spoiler: 0083: Stardust Memory + MLP +Marvel
    Show
    Once upon a multiverse, there were two Rookies: Speedball and Rainbow Dash. Then they stumbled upon a mysterious event where the prototype superweapon was stolen by a group of Pegasus who turned out to be Skrulls. Then they were put into Aorts fleet who wish to learn about it and assemble his unit to support SHIELD much to his dismay. Then one day, they discovered that Princess Luna was somehow involved with a Skrull general who plan to avenge his homeplanet being eaten by launching their own Stardust using a cloud-based facility to create cataclysm. Later, Aorts discovered that Princess Luna was a double agent but was stopped by Maria Hill and Harold Osborne of Hammer who ask him to form an oppressive world security similar to Titans. Not wishing to let them have their way yet not wanted to both entire counter attack, Aorts just threatened them to go his way. Of course, they obeyed but as a temporary measures. Then battle line was formed and the Skrulls and defense unit clash before Skrulls side saw Princess Luna "defect". Speedball, the same brash hero, didn't know about Luna and started attacking her. Just as Aorts was about to report, Super Skrull passed through the left flank unaffected and launch the superweapons. Just a moment to realized that he've been betrayed along with moderate members against authoritarian policy, a quarter of the defense unit were annihilated with Aorts being temporarily "dead" long enough for the Skrulls to drop the cloud city. Fortunately, the defense unit regrouped and cut away most of the clouds with Rainbow Dash clashing with Super Skrulls. Speedball, after realizing his folly from wiping out most of Luna's contingent and blasting her away with balls, came to rescuse Rainbow Dash before leaving all three bloodied. While the Skrulls were battered and their objective was partial failure, the cloud crashlanded into Applewood Acre and devastated the apple crops. As the defense unit witnessed the horrific sight for Apple family,
    the unit now led by Osborne surrounded and plan for annihilation. The Skrulls made a last charge where almost all of their surviving fleet were destroyed not before Super Skrulls pushed away a squadron of Pegasus before making his way to the main fleet.
    Speedball was devastated for his errors, lost of reputation, but the Apple family forgave him enough to hire him as a farmhand along with Rainbow Dash to rebuild their farms. Entire incident, which caused massive apple shortages, was used as an excuse for Osborne and Maria Hill to form Titans with the most of defense unit accepted the proposal to join the unit, not knowing their malicious intent.
    For Context
    - Speed Ball is supposed to be Kou Uraki, a rookie pilot who go to to toe against ace but failed in bigger picture as colony was dropped.
    - Rainbow Dash is Keith, cocky and brash but friendly wing pilot.
    - Aorts is combination of Greer Wyatt who was killed in an attack by beam cannon minus his arrogance, and Captain Synapse the leader of the protagonist
    - Norman Osborne and Maria Hill are respectively Jamitov Hymem and Bask Om, ruthless politician and general who formed the Titans who gladly pump chemical gas into colony.
    - Luna is Lady Cima, a Zeon defector who was mistaken to be part of Zeon, except Luna's case in this story was for undercover.
    - The Skrulls are Delaz fleet and by extension Zeon remnants while Super Skrull is Anavel Gato the act who fought against Kou Uraki.
    Last edited by t209; 2018-01-20 at 02:51 AM.
    Badly drawn helmet avatar drawn by me.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miko Miyazaki, Thanh, Durkon- Order of the Stick
    Krunch- Looking For Group
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Soap Mactavish- Modern Warfare 3
    Sandman- Modern Warfare 3
    Ghost and Roach- Modern Warfare 2
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Carmine Brothers- Gears of War series
    Uriel Septim VII- Elderscrolls Oblivion
    Commander Shepherd- Mass Effect 3
    Ned Stark- Song of Ice and Fire
    Apple Jack's parents

27. - Top - End - #1407
    Titan in the Playground

Well.

Despite all the other things going wrong thus far, I cannot quite start to say 2017 is going to be a bad year just yet; HMRC have looked at my mandatory reconsideration and decided that my CAD work day job is actually a day job (um, duh) and that I have my working tax credit back. So there's that. Strike up another one for "Bleakbane's polite snotograms and the horrifying thought of actually having to deal with their own appeals processes..."

(I am still pretty sure that the government services are at least working on the same principles as all the corporations - bank on people's apathy not to do anything when they do something scummy and then baktrack when someone actually makes a fuss. That DOES seem to be business modus operandii these days, does it not?)

28. - Top - End - #1408
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Manga Shoggoth View Post
    Does that make it armor piercing?
    Nothing so grand. I'm just going for incremental improvements.
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

"The main skill of a good ruler seems to be not preventing the conflagrations but rather keeping them contained enough they rate more as campfires." Rogar Demonblud

"Hold on just a d*** second. UK has spam callers that try to get you to buy conservatories?!? Even y'alls spammers are higher class than ours!" Peelee

29. - Top - End - #1409
    Ogre in the Playground

Hi! No, we're at 97 threads. I hate roman numerals too, and wish everyone stopped using them. We're at 150+ episodes though, and consistently decent quality, which is quite a big feat for a TV show to pull.

We've had 169 pony episodes (each about 26 minutes long with credits); 4 Equestria Girls TV films each of which are three episodes long; 3 EG episodes; enough EG shorts that they would add up to about 3 episodes; and one pony cinema movie that's about three episode long. That's 190 episodes' worth of pony material, and almost all of it is real pleasure to watch and worth watching at least twice.

30. - Top - End - #1410
    Titan in the Playground

Well. Upgrade mostly successful. (I apparently need to get a 3.5- 5.5 bracket adaptor for the card reader, which is a nuisence, but there you go.)

Didn't do anything for the laggy campaign map on TWWH1, but that is not entirely unexpected!

As it happens, it will as blows nobody any good, all that time I wasted the other day re-reading ponythread had one benefit - I recalled for Dad (who is having to do ALL sorts of faff about the car insurance) when it was they banged the car (and, of course, we can track it to the actual day if needed!)

Edit: Dammit, why has nopony made a video of a pony-Jim Sterling dancing to chains of love yet!? Today really seems like the sort of day for that sort of thing (at least on my end, and that doesn't come up very often...!)
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2018-01-20 at 10:15 AM.