New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Default Re: (IC) Festival of Heroes - Outside Juvelnord City

Aurix half suppresses a snort. He thinks to the group, "Umbear- ahem- points out that the crystals may not be above the surface when we get there, and digging may be required."
    Festival of Heroes: Aurix Kornari- 6' Human with golden scales on his skin, blond hair, green Draconic eyes, carrying a halberd, meets people with a warm smile.
    Spoiler: If you speak Draconic
    Show
    Aurix Kornari means "Gold Heart"

DM of Twinborn

2. - Top - End - #92
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Markas nodded at Hervir, then smiled and turned to Kasidra, "Oh I'm 100% human so I can't see as well as everyone else. I do have a supply of torches I can use unless stealth is a must. As for my fighting style, I still prefer close combat, but I trained heavily with Warrick to learn a few new techniques."
    Festival of Heroes

Markas Fletcher (Male Human Monk):
    bald, approaching middle age, but very fit.

The Lily Blooms

Andariel Evergreen

Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Gorrun picks up three pickaxes and continues into the mine.
    To all things there is an end. With every end, a new beginning.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Barbarian in the Playground

Jaylyn nodded upon hearing the combat abilities of her friends. "Okay taking all abilities into account, I figure have Zeetzeet up front with Markas behind him, Hervir in the middle with me moving along the walls and ceilings in Dragon form, and lastly have Droktoktor and Kasidra bring up the rear, I don't wanna get flanked. I'm not overly sure if these cockatrices are smart, but I'd rather be safe then sorry."

Jaylyn paused for a moment thinking before continuing, "Our goal is to get two eggs, so once we've procured those eggs. I'd say fall back and I'll cast Dimension Door and get us back out here, assuming we don't go father then bout 1200 feet from this spot."

"However I'm open to all other suggestions if you all got them," Jaylyn said looking at the others.
    Festival of Heroes: Jaylyn a 5 foot Kitsune with golden brown fur, black ears, and golden eyes. She's an average build leaning on the smaller size. When in human form her hair is golden blonde, but retains her golden eyes. her build is still average but a bit bigger then in Kitsune form.

No matter which from she is in, she always seen in her white halter-top dress, carrying a 5 foot staff with a sapphire on top, and a jeweled necklace around her neck.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Troll in the Playground

Crystal Mine
    The centaur thought about crystal growth. Dungeoneering: (1d20+16)[32]
    Aurora shrugged. "I suppose it's possible," she admitted, "but I rather doubt it. Crystals need a fair amount of room to grow, and Brynhildr described these as being several feet in length. Crystals don't really force their way into or through things; they grow into what space is available to them. So for the size Brynhildr suggested, I would expect them to be growing out from the floor, walls, ceiling, or any combination. Either that, or they're going to be in giant geodes!" she laughed.
    "Though that seems like something Brynhildr would've mentioned if that was the case. But you never know what might slip someone's mind, so at least someone having a pick in case it's in a giant geode won't hurt anything," she said, nodding at Gorrun and following Geiravor and Kestejoo around the curving tunnel. As she squeezed through the slightly too-tight space, the skin on her rump twitched rapidly as if she were being bothered by flies, but she made no comment about the close quarters.

Cockatrice Cave
    Kasidra shrugged. "If that is what you think is best, I will do as directed," the dark-skinned tiefling said. "However, if you're going to have the human near the front, you should probably give him a light of some kind. I cannot. I did not prepare that orison. My band seldom needs such things."
    Spoiler: Aurora
    Show

Spoiler: Inaemehkiwak (Ina)
    Show

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

"If it gets bad after we have the two eggs, ZeetZeet will cover escape. Angry chickens cannot do much to ZeetZeet other than peck at ZeetZeet. And ZeetZeet has thick hide." He nods confidently.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Aurix takes a pickaxe and stows it in storage. He slips the ruby in there without commenting on it. He continues guarding the rear of the formation.
    Festival of Heroes: Aurix Kornari- 6' Human with golden scales on his skin, blond hair, green Draconic eyes, carrying a halberd, meets people with a warm smile.
    Show

DM of Twinborn

8. - Top - End - #98
    Dwarf in the Playground

I have the ability to help get us out of here with either my spells or my Gate ability.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

"Just be sure ZeetZeet not angry and knows we teleporting. Otherwise ZeetZeet might not go with everyone." He chuckles again, as if being left behind would be funny.

10. - Top - End - #100

RedWizardGuy

"Why would we leave you behind, ZeetZeet? That's against my number one rule of adventuring. And like I said, got a couple of torches," he pulled one out of his bag and ignited it.
    Festival of Heroes

Markas Fletcher (Male Human Monk):
    bald, approaching middle age, but very fit.

The Lily Blooms

Andariel Evergreen

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #101

The tight fit of the caves made him rather glad Aurora insisted on playing those games. The Belt of the Weasel made the going much easier, though he still felt far too confined in the mine. The voice of Aurix in his head wasn't doing him much good, either. With a shake of his head, Kestejoo followed the one in front of him - Gorrun, he thinks. Some kind of general? Best to keep wary and alert.

Perception: (1d20+28)[45]
    Festival of Heroes: Ainsley M'arete. 6'5" bronze-skinned, silver haired, purple-eyed Aasimar. Paladin of Arete. He stands tall in fullplate armor with a radiant white feather cloak. On his back, a four-foot bastard sword gleams.
    Festival of Heroes: Kestejoo. 8'4" centaur with the body of a dark draft horse, scales, grey wings, dark skin, and a jagged horn on his forehead. Long grey hair and a short beard. Pure gold eyes. Iron shackles on his fetlocks and tail of a kirin.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Geiravor examined the items and had some luck identifying them. "We have a Ring of Feather Fall and Freedom of Movement, a Wand of Stone Fist caster level 10 with 32 charges, a Wand of Daylight caster level 10 with 15 charges, a Potion of Cure Serious Wounds caster level 15, a Potion of Rope Trick caster level 5, a Potion of Jump caster level 9, a Potion of Haste caster level 10, and a Scroll of Shield Other caster level 10." Geiravor thought to Aurix to relay.

The group moved on and stopped at the next intersection. A fire burned brightly in a nearby chamber. A humanoid figure silhouetted against the flames.

Spoiler: Normal Vision
    Show

Spoiler: Lowlight Vision
    Show

Spoiler: Darkvision
    Show
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War
    Prince Alloishus Figleaf of Lilygrove, Elven Spell Dancer

Bartleby Herrmannsdorfer, Dwarven Forgemaster

The Lily Blooms
    Nesse Nola, Paladin of Sarenrae

Festival of Heroes
    Co-DM and Princess Geiravor of Juvelnord, Aasimar Warpriestess

13. - Top - End - #103
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Aurix thinks to the group, "I'd like the healing potion please. I can drink that during a Time Stop." He looks around from his position in the back. "Is that shadow a person? We should investigate."
    Show

DM of Twinborn

14. - Top - End - #104

Seeing everybody agree and Markas light up his torch, Jaylyn figured it was time to get into form herself. "Let me transform into a dragon and we can get this show on the road." Jaylyn said before switching to Draconic she spoke...
    Spoiler: Draconic
    Show
    "Form of the younger Copper Allies"

Jaylyn then shifted forms to become a Medium Copper Dragon.

Spoiler: Spellcraft DC 21
    Show
    Form of the Dragon 1
    Festival of Heroes: Jaylyn a 5 foot Kitsune with golden brown fur, black ears, and golden eyes. She's an average build leaning on the smaller size. When in human form her hair is golden blonde, but retains her golden eyes. her build is still average but a bit bigger then in Kitsune form.

No matter which from she is in, she always seen in her white halter-top dress, carrying a 5 foot staff with a sapphire on top, and a jeweled necklace around her neck.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

ZeetZeet nods and then turns to take the lead down the tunnel, moving about 30ft ahead of Markas to keep ahead of some of the torchlight. His chainshirt glows briefly and his stride seems to become greater than before.

Spoiler: DMs
    Show
    Zeet drops his SR for Chaga to cast Longstrider on the goblin, then Zeet puts his SR back up. He moves ahead 30ft.
    Perception check (1d20+10)[30]
    Stealth check (1d20+23)[38]

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Gorrun turns to his right and addresses the new figure. Good Evening. Are you one of the labourers of this mine?
    (1d20+34)[48] Diplomacy to begin convo
    (1d20+28)[43] Sense Motive to gauge responses.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Umbear moves to stealth along the wall, the concealment of his armor allowing him to stealth in almost plain sight. His silent movement without footsteps due to hovering 2 inches off the Ground.

(1d20+55)[66] Stealth
    (1d20+26)[29] Perception

He reaches out with his senses out to 30 foot away to determine if the figure is alone.
    Festival of Heroes:
    Umbear: 14 ft tall Ogre, Odd assortment of Clothing and Armor. Greenish/Grey Skin. Tusks.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

The figure turned around at hearing a voice and bore a adamantine pickaxe in defense. "Rotten claim jumpers! Comin to take my propurty!" The figure yelled. Gorrun's lit shield revealed the person was an old male dwarf with a set of adamantine teeth and eyepatch over his left eye. His beard was white, thin, and scraggily. His head hair was much the same way. He wore a piece of dirt-caked plate mail. The old man stepped forward to fight.

"Uncle Hildebrand?!" The Princess gasped.

The old dwarf paused for a moment and held a monocle to his eye. "Golly dang, Princess, whatcha doin in my tunnels?" The ancient dwarf asked.

The Princess hugged the poor man. "I think you got lost digging around Svartelfheim and ended up in my crystal mines." She explained to him.

Hildebrand stratched his head. "Well tarnation! Glad you were here to find me.
    Last edited by EdgeGrinder; 2017-07-08 at 06:32 PM.
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War

The Lily Blooms

Festival of Heroes

19. - Top - End - #109
    Troll in the Playground

Show

Spoiler: Low-Light Vision
    Show

Show

Spoiler: Jaylyn
    Show
    Jaylyn's blindsense suddenly picks up the presence of things unseen 60' in front of her!
    Last edited by Wolfykins; 2017-07-08 at 07:04 PM.
    Show

Show

20. - Top - End - #110

"Careful Zeet, there's something up ahead of you bout 20 feet, I can't see it. Possibility there are multiple there too." Jaylyn warned.

21. - Top - End - #111

RedWizardGuy

"do you see anything yet, ZeetZeet?" Markas asked the Goblin ahead of them.
    Last edited by paladin_artea; 2017-07-08 at 07:26 PM.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Dwarf in the Playground

Droktoktor continued to bring up the rear with his eidolon, each making keeping their eyes open for anything unusual.

Perception
    Drok - (1d20+16)[21]
    Eidolon(1d20+13)[29]

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

When the old Dwarf prepares to attack, Gorrun drops a pick and raises his hand Whoa now, easy... no-one is claim jumping. I'm just looking for someone who knows the.... Geiravor interjects and difuses the old man's outrage.
    Last edited by STDM Grizzly Ad; 2017-07-09 at 07:25 AM.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

ZeetZeet readies his falchion and approaches the spot Jaylyn is talking about with he weapon ready.

Spoiler: Readying action
    Show
    ZeetZeet readies to strike with his falchion if something jumps out at him, advancing forward 25 ft.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Troll in the Playground

Zeetzeet moved ahead into the darkness, out of sight of those without darkvision. As he passed through the area Jaylyn had warned of, there was suddenly a cacophony of squeaking and the sound of a great many very small claws scraping and itty-bitty wings beating!

IO
    Cockatrices
    Jaylyn
    Droktoktor/eidolon
    Kasidra
    Hervir
    Zeetzeet
    Markas

Spoiler: Zeetzeet and those with darkvision
    Show
    Zeetzeet felt the breeze of many itty-bitty wings, and then suddenly felt many teensy weensy claws prickling exposed skin, and a peppering of many incredibly small creatures swooping and diving into him, biting and biting and biting! As he was bombarded, the attackers became visible. Thousands and thousands of teeny-tiny, itty-bitty baby cockatrices swarming all around! Thousands crawled on him, and thousands more repeatedly dive-bombed they both flew and crawled all around him, biting and biting for (3d6)[9] damage!

Show

Spoiler: Low-Light Vision
    Show

Show

Spoiler: Zeetzeet
    Show
    Show

Show

26. - Top - End - #116

Jaylyn hearing the squeaking, and flapping proceeds to move (along the ceiling) 5 feet south-west, 25 feet south, 5 feet south-east (10 foot movement used), and lastly 20 feet south.

Half way though her movement Jaylyn call back "Zeet's being swarmed by chicks."
    Last edited by Erealyn; 2017-07-09 at 08:16 PM.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Dwarf in the Playground

The catfolk readied his longbow and an arrow. The eidolon readied itself for anything that would threaten it or it's master.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Troll in the Playground

Kasidra wended her way down the tunnel 45' and carefully observed the baby cockatrices in action. Arcana: (1d20+17)[22]
    "These are definitely unlike any cockatrices I've ever seen. And so many babies! I am unsure what they are capable of, but I do believe it is more than what that poem indicated," she said.
    Last edited by Wolfykins; 2017-07-09 at 08:43 PM.
    Show

Show

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

The Princess looked to her party. "Everyone, meet Uncle Hildebrand, Brynhildr's uncle and tunneller extraordinaire." Geiravor introduced.

Hildebrand studied each of the adventurers. "Interestin... group... you got hur. I guess, I should find my way home. Nice to meet ya'll."

"Nonsense. You are coming back with us." Geiravor said.

"Very well, Princess. I'll just stay here and wait for ya." Hildebrand replied.

"Friends, allow me Bless you." Hervir said. She pressed her hands together and threw them out.

Spoiler: Celestial
    Show
    "Bless us this day!"

Spoiler: Spellcraft 17
    Show
    Bless

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Bless, 20 min duration
    +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and on saves against fear effects
    Last edited by EdgeGrinder; 2017-07-09 at 09:34 PM.
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War

The Lily Blooms

Festival of Heroes

30. - Top - End - #120
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Umbear Chuckles under his breath.

"She got the pretty in the family it seems."

Umbear Continues forward look around, stealthing as best he can, attempting to perceive any dangers.

(1d20+26)[31] Perception
    (1d20+55)[66] Stealth
    Festival of Heroes:
    Umbear: 14 ft tall Ogre, Odd assortment of Clothing and Armor. Greenish/Grey Skin. Tusks.