New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Default Re: Dresden Files: The Charlotte Story

"Santa rarely jokes when it comes to helping the home.... his head tilting to the side to look inside thinking his eyes were playing tricks on him only to realize he had seen what he saw. "Um, what's with the two naked gals? You crazy kids having a party?"
    This is horrifying beyond anything Lovecraft ever wrote or Giger ever drew.

MCulpa http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVopG...el_video_title
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=192558

(Screw the point)-Doomboy911

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

James raises an eyebrow
    What? I'm sorry, what's going on here?

3. - Top - End - #153
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Etherion View Post
    James raises an eyebrow
    What? I'm sorry, what's going on here?

Managing to not stare the very pretty ladies for a moment "Oh right, I'm collecting money to help fund building a new homeless shelter. A lot of folks are being snatched off the street under rather strange circumstances and in this season of giving we're trying to make a difference."

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

So, is the costume meant to be ironic? What with how you want to take our money and all.
    Last edited by Etherion; 2017-11-30 at 07:30 PM.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

So, is the costume meant to be ironic? What with how you want to take our money and all.
    "I"m not taking your money, I'm helping you give it to the less fortunate. Santa's given as much as he can as well working triple shifts to make sure the people are safe. The community needs help and every bit helps but if this family with a house this extravagant doesn't have the heart to spare a bit then I can see bigger troubles in the community... not counting homeless people disappearing ."

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ettin in the Playground

Violet
    Anna's Apartment

Violet freezes, and lets out a laugh. You think I can afford to live here? That's hilarious. No, it's the nude lady's place. I am just helping her out on a personal matter. In fact... She hands the Santa a business card. Call me in a few days, and I'll see what I can do.
    Last edited by Eldest; 2017-12-03 at 09:16 AM.
    LGBTA+itP

7. - Top - End - #157
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Eldest View Post
    Violet
    Anna's Apartment

Violet freezes, and lets out a laugh. You think I can afford to live here? That's hilarious. No, it's the nude lady's place. I am just helping her out on a personal matter
    In fact...
    She hands the Santa a business card. Call me in a few days,
    And I'll see what I can do.

"Help is always appreciated but I'm more interested in alternative workers than alternative books." he spins the card in his hand before making it disappear in his hands. "I don't suppose you know anyone who walks along a different path." making a blank card reappear in his hand and then a crackle of lightning races across the sky and the card begins to fizzle and burn turning black. "My card" handing back a blackened card written in white upon it

"Mr. Z
    Master Electrician.
    "

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ettin in the Playground

Violet
    Anna's Apartment

Violet gives the showoff a look and holds her hand up, palm facing the ceiling. A small orb of true, Summer fire appears in her hand, as her face goes cold. So, first you want money, now you want magic. Cut the crap and tell us what you really want, or leave. Take your pick.
    LGBTA+itP

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

James sighs, then stands and walk over to the doorway.

Well, thank you for showing our hand.

He looks at the charred business card, then says

At this point, you may as well come in, as I'm afraid I can't allow you to leave without knowing why you came here expecting "alternative workers", "Mr. Z".

10. - Top - End - #160
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

"Oh awesome, magic people. I swear the community needs to invent a secret handshake or something.To be honest I just didn't really need books , some money would go towards a noble cause but people would help with the real problem."

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Excuse, but could you answer the question? Why did you come here.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Excuse, but could you answer the question? Why did you come here.
    "Same reason I knocked on every other house in the neighborhood, looking for money to help improve the security at the homeless shelters until we're able to build another in a safer neighborhood. Are you honestly paranoid enough to think that I tracked down this one particular house and put up a phony front all to see that your friend has some fey magic as a ruse to.." he says throwing his hand up confused. "I dunno steal your invisibility cloaks or something? After I'm done collecting money for the homeless I'm going to check out these disappearances myself. I'd appreciated help but I expect as much help as I expect White court vampires and Red Court vampires to be able to fuse into Pink court vampire. Which I know sounds like a gay joke but I have gay friends so I'm going to say that Pink Court vampires suck out breast cancer or something. I dunno I'm tired and I have more work after this.

Mr. Z walks in non chalantly surrounded by powers beyond his knowledge and bearing a genuine smile on his face unafraid. "So what are you all doing, the lovely ladies denote some kind of party but the sour faces make me think either a wake or it's game night and the only game was monopoly."

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

With a frown, James replies
    And why should we be telling you anything?

14. - Top - End - #164
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Mr. Z lays his bag down and throws his red coat and hat over it and sits down. "I understand your reason to be concerned, I've seen time and time again people hurt by the world we live in and the only smart thing to do is to harden yourself. It's not easy to trust people and it's not safe but that's why I do the job I do. People need someone in their corner who will be on their side and be there to help them up when the world is cruel and knocks them down. I'm not saying that you should trust me but I am saying that I want to help but again I have absolutely no clue what's going on."

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Ah, so we should just trust you with our lives and secrets, after you show up mysteriously bypassing a not unimpressive number of guards and locked doors, because... You're dressed as Santa? You're the living embodiment of goodwill and generosity? Or is there an actual reason?

16. - Top - End - #166
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Ah, so we should just trust you with our lives and secrets, after you show up mysteriously bypassing a not unimpressive number of guards and locked doors, because... You're dressed as Santa? You're the living embodiment of goodwill and generosity? Or is there an actual reason?
    "Well yes and no, I'm not asking you to trust me with your lives and secrets I hardly know you and you barely know me I'm asking you to let me help either you won't have a problem or you can call me an idiot both seem like a win to you. Also if you must know the guards let me by because I am dressed as santa and was collecting money for charity they have a heart after all. And no I'm not the living embodiment of good will I'm dressed as santa claus not Mr. Rogers."

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

*Sigh* You truly have no idea how fortunate you are that I chose my own path. Although, I suppose that had I not, this test would not be necessary. In any case, should you prove trustworthy, i do sincerely apologize for this.
    With that, James stares directly into the eyes of Mr Z

18. - Top - End - #168
    Titan in the Playground

Anna Raith - Anna's residence

Anna has mostly kept quiet, thinking about the clues, when the completely unexpected visitor in a ridiculous costume comes a-knocking. Granted, one could argue that wearing only high heels is ridiculous as well, but at least she is relaxing in her own home. She lets Violet answer for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldest View Post
    Violet blinks, and facepalms. You have got to be kidding me.
    Yep, that about sums up her reaction as well. She has heard of a soul gaze, but hasn't actually witnessed one before. Curious, she observes, likely to be disappointed.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

"No need to apologizzzzzzzzzz" Zeus trails off as the soul gaze begins.

A world of darkness forms cold and metallic when suddenly lightning races across the sky before striking a tower in what seems to be the center the energy spreading across the darkness lighting up various bulbs as more and more bolts strike the tower. Then the chaos of the storm seems to develop a pattern almost like music and then silence the world returns to darkness.
    "To dream the impossible dream, a voice emanates from atop the tower as energy seems to coalesce
    "To fight the unbeatable foe" the lightning beginning to strike more coordinated.
    "To bear with unbearable sorrow"
    a hum runs across the bulbs in different tones blending together.
    "To run where the brave dare not go" the voice growing louder over the symphony of sound.
    "To right the unrightable wrong" the sound growing more triumphant.
    "To be better far than you are" the lightning growing louder and louder before suddenly going silent.
    "To try when your arms are too weary" the voice becoming the only sound in the darkness.
    "To reach the unreachable star" the lightning comes together into a ball of energy atop the tower.
    This is my quest, to follow that star
    No matter how hopeless, no matter how far
    the ball of energy begins to lower into the tower as the voice grows from a hushed whisper to a joyful shout.
    "To be willing to give when there's no more to give
    To be willing to die so that honor and justice may live"
    thunder begins pouring out like beating drums.
    And I know if I'll only be true to this glorious quest
    That my heart will lie peaceful and calm when I'm laid to my rest"
    the world falling silent again and then building into a grand crescendo as the ball of energy glowing like a star strikes the tower.
    And the world will be better for this
    That one man, scorned and covered with scars,
    Still strove with his last ounce of courage
    To reach the unreachable star.
    and then it ends as swiftly as it began.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

You are suddenly in the center of a snowstorm so intense that were you to hold your hand in front of your face, you'd be hard pressed to see it. The cold bites deep, but worse are the insubstantial shapes flitting through the flurry. You know not what they are, but they fill you with a sense of dread.

You wander through the blizzard, the cold sapping at your strength, and the shadows seem to draw closer. Eventually, however, you stumble upon a small fire, that looks like it is barely clinging to life in spite of the storm's fury. Still, small as it is, it appears to have driven away the jauntiness apparitions, as they can no longer be seen. Next to the fire, you see James, the man you just met, but he looks... Different.

His face is haggard, as if he hasn't slept for days and you see his eyes frantically scanning his surroundings. More than that, every so often the fire seems to flicker, and when it does, shadowy figures return, although they seem to flow outward from James himself.

Each time this happens, in a fit of panic James feeds to the fire whatever is at hand, anything to keep it going, sacrificing anything to keep it alive. Anything to drive the shadows away.

You suddenly return to yourself, still feeling the chill of the storm, and the inexplicable horror of those indistinct horrors fresh in your mind.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Mr Z is quick to hug James after that experience, "I know not the shadows you have seen but I promise you a life of light as long as I can draw breath." his eyes growing serious as his voice looses it's joyful tone.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Please remove yourself.

James steps back and takes a moment to compose himself after the Gaze.

Well, it seems he's harmless enough. Probably read one too many fairytails as a child, seems obsessed with being the heroic knight in shining armour, riding in to save the day. A melodramatic soul that wants to uphold honour and justice and all that nonsense. Anyways, I imagine we can trust him.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Titan in the Playground

Anna blinks. “What, we’re HUGGING now? But him first? I’m kind of insulted...have you not SEEN this?”. She gestures to her naked, and very huggable body.

“But in all seriousness, really, that’s it? You two stare lovingly into each others’ eyes for 2 seconds and you’re suddenly you’re intimate enough for hugs and trust? Man, if I knew it’s this easy, I wouldn’t have bothered with training my mojo all these years...”. She shrugs in a “oh well” kind of way as she walks towards Mr. Z. “Anna Raith. Charmed, I’m sure.”

Of course, with a white court, that phrase takes on a totally new meaning.
    Last edited by Frosty; 2017-12-12 at 05:27 AM.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Well, I suppose the problem is that I've seen "this" enough that I don't really notice anymore. James responds dryly.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ettin in the Playground

Violet
    Anna's Apartment

Violet watches the soulgaze happen, letting out a low whistle. You 'gazed him? Okay. You do you. She steps back from the door, obviously inviting him in with body language, if not verbally.
    LGBTA+itP

26. - Top - End - #176
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

"Gah, you're not allowed to stare into my soul and judge I'm pretty sure that's against social ettiquete or you're supposed to buy me dinner first. at the lady's response to not getting a hug Mr. Z seems a bit blushed and surprised. "Quite frankly man I'd hope you'd put some clothes on it is awfully cold out and most folks don't like getting hugs when naked. then hearing the name Raith he pauses and pulls a little black book out of his pocket and takes a moment to flip through it "Raith, Raith Raith, Rakshasa, here it is." he mutters to himself.

Mr Z then lifts his hands above his head then brings them down as hard as he can in his lap.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ettin in the Playground

Violet
    Anna's Apartment

Violet just shakes her head. Men.
    LGBTA+itP

28. - Top - End - #178
    Titan in the Playground

Anna Raith
    Anna's Apartment

Anna just laughs as Zeus expresses concern about the temperature. "Honey, you don't know me very well if you think the weather being a bit chilly affects me or my sister." As Zeus looks up the Raith name and then puts his hands on his lap, Anna licks her lips and shivers a bit. "Delicious." It's a like a buffet being thrown her way. All she had to do was open her mouth, metaphorically speaking, to get a meal.

"So, you say you are here because of some missing people?" asks the vampire as she heads back to her seat and sits down. "I wonder if that has anything to do with our investigation..."

29. - Top - End - #179
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

"No, he moans out grabbing the afflicted area in pain "for like the third time I was hear collecting money for the homeless but you guys need help so who am I not to help"

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

It seems you misunderstood. She was wondering if the missing homeless has anything to do with what we're looking into.