New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Create your own Suicide Squad

But WWW has shown no skills at mind spells and the Majin spell is from a universe with different magic and physics rules. It's likely that they simply couldn't. While I haven't played every Zelda game, Ganondorf doesn't seem to do any mind control either. Twinrova does, but Ganondorf doesn't use mind control on any of his minions as far as I'm aware.
    His magic is also very showy (not subtle) and Takanuva has light-based powers. Ganon is of no concern.
    In fact, if I had the Majin spell I could just cast it on all of them (not Taka). That's a good method of control.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    But WWW has shown no skills at mind spells and the Majin spell is from a universe with different magic and physics rules. It's likely that they simply couldn't. While I haven't played every Zelda game, Ganondorf doesn't seem to do any mind control either. Twinrova does, but Ganondorf doesn't use mind control on any of his minions as far as I'm aware.
    His magic is also very showy (not subtle) and Takanuva has light-based powers. Ganon is of no concern.
    In fact, if I had the Majin spell I could just cast it on all of them (not Taka). That's a good method of control.
    It has been implied that he gets monsters to do his bidding through low-level mind manipulation spells (basically directing their movements on the grand scale not taking direct control of any particular one). However, he has once taken direct possession of Zelda, one of the most intelligent and strong-willed characters in the universe. I don't think he has ever done anything similar ever again, though.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

But wasn't that her empty body because she'd put her soul in Midna... or something?
    That part was always really confusing to me.

Also, that's Ganon himself inside of Zelda. He didn't have a body himself when controlling her. If he possesses Buu the Majin spell would still control him, just in a different body.
    Last edited by Xihirli; 2017-07-04 at 05:39 PM.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    So... what's to stop Ganondorf and the Wicked Witch from hijacking Buu's control spell? Or Buu eating/absorbing Ganondorf and becoming corrupted by him? On top of those two, Goblin is both extremely wealthy and good at screwing with peoples' minds, so it's likely the team could turn the shapeshifter against you and use her as a decoy.
    Well, for the Witch, you could just use Gregory Maguire's version, who would probably not be sympathetic to Ganon's goals. Or, if you really want to go all out, use the significantly more powerful Winnie Holzman and Stephen Schwartz, who was really the hero all along! Although, that has the issues of
    a)Maybe violating the premise of the thread, seeing as Holzman/Schwartz Elphaba isn't actually a villain, and
    b)The one thing we know Elphaba reacts badly to is a government agency trying to force her to support their cause. Unless you can convince her that whatever cause you have is better than what The Wizard wanted to do.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Pixie in the Playground

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by Braininthejar2 View Post
    Typhon would be a tad unwieldy I think... there are very few missions where a fire breathing giant so powerful dropping a literal island on him only trapped him (the Etna volcano is where his fiery breath still gets out) would make the collateral damage worth it :)
    Well, you're leaving a very important part of the story out, after Zeus is defeated in the first round. Typhon speaks, shows a love of music, gives away the most valuable sinews in the world to a musician he loved, and expressed sentiment.
    Easily intelligent enough to hone in on a single target.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Durkoala View Post
    I don't remember Randall reforming, unless it's part of an expansion comic or something. As far as I remember, he was transported to a cabin in the southern USA and killed after being mistaked for an aligator?
    There was a kid's comic book series and a video game, set after Monsters Inc., that has him back at work. Whether or not they are canon is, I think, meaningless when you are talking about a kids cartoon. But even if they do not count, I would say that just based on Monsters U, he really wanted to be friends and became bad when abandoned by his friends. So he shouldn't be that hard to control.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Bugbear in the Playground

DrowGuy

I'm not going to lie, I've been having serious trouble actually picking a team for this. I keep wanting to have an excuse to make a hero bad and use them as one of my units...

What about the reverse situation, forcing heroes to do villainous things? That's a little easier for me, maybe, but also comes with its own problems.
    Last edited by JBPuffin; 2017-07-06 at 02:16 PM.
    Cookie Count: One

Quote Originally Posted by digiman619 View Post
    Spoiler: True Facts
    Show

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

Planetar

But doesn't that just mean picking a dream team of heroes? If you can force superheroes to villainous things, you could draw the same team together for a heroic purpose as well, of their own free will.

How about antiheroes, like the Punisher? Is he qualified for the Suicide Squad by virtue of being a homicidal psychopath, even if he only kills villains?

Respectfully,

Brian P.
    "Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid."

-Valery Legasov in Chernobyl

9. - Top - End - #69

Hrm... wellp, for mine, I'm going to assume that the comic book version of The Wall (the classic version, that is- the somewhat overweight fifty-something version) is in charge of Ops; she's highly intelligent, a scarily effective manipulator, utterly, completely ruthless when she needs to be, and has a will you could bend iron bars around. During one breakin, she deduced Batman's reason for being in Belle Reve in moments... and then made him back down with nothing more than some quick reasoning and well-chosen words.

Plus, at least her initial incarnation was, in all honesty, rather more pragmatic than many of her later, ostensibly 'scarier' selves; the bombs were in (mostly) tamper-proof bracelets, and the threat was 'if you step out of line, you'll be maimed... and then we'll catch you, patch you up, and keep on using you because you probably won't be able to escape very well while bleeding out through the stump where your non-dominant hand used to be', not just 'I'll pop your head like one of your zits if you cross me'.

... although the 'Assault on Arkham' Waller who did just that to the freaking KGBeast gets a certain amount of respect for doing it to the scariest guy in the room, getting rid of an unstable-to-the-point-of-uselessness liability while cementing her control over the roomful of crazies.

Anyways... an attempt at a team that would be halfway-stable, effective, and able to be controlled:

1) USAgent (John Walker, Marvel Comics) (Field Leader/Tactician): While this might be stretching the definition of 'villain' a little, I think USAgent has been an antagonist often enough to count. Given that his schtick is mostly 'Captain America, but kind of crazy', he should do fairly well holding Rick Flagg's position, while being unstable enough for Waller to play him like a fiddle. Probably wouldn't even need a head-bomb or anything of the sort, really. Plus, if the need arises, he's strong enough to beat someone over the head with a truck, so there's always that.

2) Deadshot (Floyd Lawton, DC Comics) (Sniper/General Snark): Arguably my favourite character from the original version of Task Force X, Deadshot is one of the greatest marksmen in fiction. 'Pretty much just doesn't miss' is too useful to pass up, and Deadshot is intelligent, lethal, surprisingly loyal (... sometimes), and a known quantity for Waller, making him a solid addition and in some ways the backbone of the team.

3) Bonesaw (Riley ?, Worm Web Serial) (Medic/Biomechanics): Bonesaw would require some very careful handling, as she can do things with her powers that outshine some of the DCU deities' feats. However, she is open to manipulation, and if Waller played her right, would be an incredibly valuable asset, able to do anything from healing teammates from... pretty much anything shy of complete brain destruction, really... to biosculpting team members for more-than-skin-deep disguises to causing a target to drop dead of 'natural causes' while no member of the team was within a thousand miles. Might need 'HANDLE WITH CARE' tatooed on her forehead, but is simply too useful to pass up.

4) Jei, the Blade of the gods, the Black Spearman, the Black Soul, the Demon Spearman (Jizonobu/Inazuma/Hama, Usagi Yojimbo) (Death on Two Legs): An unkillable demon (in the most literal sense of the term) with a spear (and occasionally a katana), Jei is monomaniacally obsessed with hunting and punishing 'sinners'. He's also as delusional as he is deadly, and if you're quick-witted enough and willing to play along with his delusions in the right fashion, you can pretty much point him where you want him to go. Also, while he's functionally immortal, he's not invincible, meaning that he can be incapacitated long enough to be restrained and pointed back in the 'right' direction if he gets out of line.

As to what he brings to the table- he's a supernaturally-skilled fighter, with uncanny reflexes and considerable strength, and any blade he picks up and 'consecrates' (his words/thoughts, not what's actually happening ) can cause crippling weakness with even a minor wound, and straight-up tear out a victim's soul with a more seroius one, causing them to die with a frozen rictus of horrific fear locked on their faces. He's got supernatural 'insights' that often provide useful information to his foes/targets, although he doesn't always fully understand them, and he can be surprisingly subtle when the need arises. Also, the only thing that's been shown to cause him/her even temporary inconvenience has been a fairly potent and somewhat-too-long-for-combat excorcism ritual followed almost immediately by the death of that host, and Kusanagi no Tsurugi, an actual blade of the Shinto gods.

He'd also pair up well with Bonesaw, as he would very likely see her as 'innocent', much like how in his native universe he has a little girl named 'Keiko' who follows him around and calls him 'uncle' (or 'auntie' when he's posessing a female host), and whom he protects fiercely.

5) Tsukiko (Order of the Stick) (Healer/Enforcer/Mystic): As long as you kept her clear of any missions that involved going up against any particularly charismatic undead... especially ones like Dracula who don't seem to mind a little 'biophilia'... you could probably ensure her loyalty with a combination of payment, indulgence in her weird necrophilia, and threats (since she can't have enough experience with technology to neutralize a bomb bracelet or injected nano-explosives or whatever). She's a respectably powerful spellcaster in her own right, and would prove a useful counter to both Bonesaw and Jei, as (with a little preparation prompted by someone smarter than she is) she could zap Jei straight out of his current host without much trouble, and her divine healing could most likely overwrite Bonesaw's more 'fun' modifications.

6) Puppet Master (Phillip Masters, Marvel Comics) (Mind Control): Of the various mind-controllers running around, the Puppet Master is one of the easiest to control himself, as he is a petty, vindictive, small-minded yutz who can be threatened with ease. Also, his manipulations rely on external tools that he can be separated from (and that can be easily detected, since, y'know, radioactive). But being able to just go 'hey, that dictator over there? His most trusted bodyguard just shot him in the face. Repeatedly.' is a distinctly handy ability, and Puppet Master's range is fairly impressive, especially compared to those like the Purple Man, who generally need to be in the same room as his targets, at least at first. His powers are a weird science/magic hybrid, making them tough to defend against with conventional methods, and he himself has proven amazingly difficult to kill for a physically-unimpressive septugenarian, escaping 'certain death' a patently ridiculous number of times (including being shot in the back and left to bleed out!).

10. - Top - End - #70

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by pendell View Post
    But doesn't that just mean picking a dream team of heroes? If you can force superheroes to villainous things, you could draw the same team together for a heroic purpose as well, of their own free will.

How about antiheroes, like the Punisher? Is he qualified for the Suicide Squad by virtue of being a homicidal psychopath, even if he only kills villains?

Respectfully,

Brian P.
    ...yes and no? It's the same idea as forcing supervillains to work together for a pseudo-good reason, at least based on what I know of Suicide Squad (they aren't actively trying to destroy the world, unlike some of the government programs established in this thread ), but reversed. Besides, it brings out the inter-character tension because they'll be far more emotionally taxed as a group if they aren't there willingly, which is where several heroes' flaws shine. Granted, we should have a dream team thread, too, but that's another story .

I've been wondering about that, but honestly? Mercenaries are fair game, so I don't see why not. He shoots the people the government want him to because they're "villains" (yay, brainwashing!).

Show

11. - Top - End - #71
    Pixie in the Playground

Chimera

Respectfully,

Brian P.
    That's basically Katana.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Troll in the Playground

If we create heroes gone bad team just change jason todd with damian wayne and i pick same team as always( kid already needs an excuse to go dark side)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shadow View Post
    Threads are like cats. They go where they want, and never listen to what you want them to do.

13. - Top - End - #73

Here's my Suicide Squad from my first post, just with more details. I'll finish Nikki Swango and Mr. Wrench later.

First off, I'm thinking that Amanda Waller shouldn't be in charge of this squad. Whoever it is they need to either be rich of otherwise have access to vast sums of money and other resources to entice membership. Who do you think it should be? As a follow up question, what are the odds that this group of mine will turn on itself or get out of control?

Bane (DC)

There are only a handful of Batman villains I consider stable enough that I'd be willing to let out in public with access to anything that could conceivably be used as a weapon and give him or her a crew to work with. There are also Batman villains who possess the skills and talents to make them suitable for high stakes covert missions high chances of violence and risk of injury. Bane fits both categories.

Born into Santa Prisca's brutal prison of Peńa Dura, Bane spent the early years of his life learning to survive the hellish penal institution. Even though he was born into this truly deprived upbringing, the boy who would become Bane managed to hone himself physically and mentally. Over the years the young Bane built up his strength, stamina and endurance greatly. He also developed his own martial art, taught himself meditation and read every book he could get his hands on.

He's freakish big, freakish strong, faster than you'd think for a man his size and is a genius with eidetic memory. Bane's a renaissance man of crime and mercenary work. He is a consummate professional, not withstanding his prior tussles with Batman. Bane's interested in getting the job done and getting paid. Who needs explosive collars when you can offer him money.

Wade Wilson/Deadpool (Marvel, in this case X-Men cinematic universe)

Wade Wilson, Deadpool, the Merc With a Mouth. Yes, he's an annoying son of a bitch who won't shut up just because you ask him to, or tell him to. Yet Wade's very good at what he does, killing people who really deserve it or who are stupid enough to keep working with or for people who deserve it. That and thanks to his mutation, Deadpool can't really die, or at least death won't stick for him.

You also don't have to worry about him hurting innocents. Correction, you don't have to worry about him killing, maiming and or torturing innocents. He may, on occasion, walk up to a passer-by and flick him or her in the crotch or find some other to irritate that poor innocent/acquaintance. If you want to put a damper on this, simply hold some of his IKEA furniture and other nick-knacks hostage, Wade'll shape up fast. Do not, I repeat DO NOT hold his friends and loved ones (Weasel, Vanessa or Al) hostage. Motivating Mr. Wilson should be easy, offer him money and point him at some really evil scumbags.

Peter Jason Quill/Star-Lord (Marvel/MCU)

Peter Jason Quill, A.K.A. Star-Lord, is a gunslinning thief, conman and scavenger with a heart of gold. To be more precise he's a space-faring half-alien gunslinning thief, conman and scavenger with a heart of gold. He'd rather talk than fight, but if he has to fight he can. Along with his dual energy pistols Star-Lord comes equipped with boot ankle-mounted rocket boosters that can let him soar several yards per activation, and control descent, along with what can be best described as a digi-struct metallic face mask for protection. That and Quill is great at deliberately confusing and distracting enemies in mid-combat with his antics. He wants to get back to his own crew, The Guardians of the Galaxy, and he could use some money, converted into units of course. That and Peter genuinely hates bullies.

Faith Lehane (Buffy the Vampire Slayer)

As anyone who's ever watched Buffy or Angel knows, Faith is a Slayer. This means that shes a member of an ancient line of women and girls in possession of supernaturally enhanced physical prowess and senses. Faith also possesses an enhanced healing factor, like other Slayers, just not up to Wolverine/Deadpool/Creeper standards. She'd make a great scout, bruiser and infiltrator. Faith's done quite a few bad things in the past and she's trying to atone for them. That's the carrot you use to get her to join this Suicide Squad, a shot at redemption.

Nikki Swango and Wes Wrench (They're a package deal.) (FX's Fargo)

These two are an odd pair. One of them, being Miss Swango, is a paroled ex-con, likely for larceny and or prostitution. The second one, Mr. Wrench, is an ex-hit-man for the now defunct Fargo Mob. Together they make a deadly and effective team.

Nikki Swango is a deceptively intelligent woman. She's an expert tactician and manipulator, meaning that she knows when she's being played. She and Mr. Wrench, with the help of a little boy, lead Varga's men into a killbox and slaughtered them all. Nikki also arranged for her meeting with Varga to take place in a crowded hotel lobby while her partner Wes held Varga's enforcer Meemo at gun point in his suite.

Miss Swango also correctly calculated the amount of time it would take Maurice LeFey to reach the doorway of her apartment building, which was the also the amount she and her fiance/parole officer Ray Stussy had to loosen and then shove the air conditioning unit out of her window and on to Maurice's head. I'm assuming, for the purpose of this team, that Miss Swango didn't pull her shotgun trigger on Minnesota state trooper Crowley, and therefore wasn't shot and killed herself. Somehow she got out alive and trooper Crowley got out alive. Instead she totals Emmet Stussy's SUV in retaliation for his accidental killing of Raymond Stussy, his brother and Nikki's fiance.

Mr. Wrench is one of the Midwest's premier hit-men, in spite of being deaf. He's a highly capable marksman with a variety of firearms, is a skilled close quarter fighter, both armed and unarmed and took a man's ear off with a hand axe at, I'd say, 50 paces. He's pretty good at planning too. Treat them decently, pay them well and you don't have to worry about them turning on you.

One Vault Hunter (Anyone but Wilhelm, Lady Aurelia and Nisha. Claptrap may not be the best pick either.) (Borderlands, Borderlands 2 and Borderlands the Pre Sequel)

Fully accomplished Vault Hunters are walking apocalypses. Just point one of them at a bad guy, offer them money and tell them they get to keep whatever loot that their handler or that handler's organization doesn't want. Let's go with either Mordecai and his bird Bloodwing or Gaige and Deathtrap. The rest of the team is back up.
    Last edited by Agrippa; 2017-07-10 at 02:30 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Mann View Post
    It's worse than the time some friends used a silver piece, a platinum piece, a delayed blast fireball and a scroll of passwall to make a nuclear explosion in a game...
    Quote Originally Posted by nagora View Post
    Chatter is usually a sign that it's time to break out the Lego pirates and start firing marbles at each other's ships instead of role playing. Some nights, we're just not in the mood!
    My fantasy/RPG blog A Voyage Into the Fantastic

14. - Top - End - #74
    Firbolg in the Playground

This is a tough one, I have put an inordinate amount of thought into this.

So, first off we need characters who are 1: villains, 2: low enough in power than they won't cause more problems than they solve, 3: able to be controlled in some manner, and 4: competent enough to deal with big league threats.

Now, I went with characters I liked rather than just going for the most powerful, but I still tried to make a balanced team. Also, as 90% of my choices where ladies, I decided to go with an all female team as an extra challenge.

And... still couldn't narrow it down to six. So far in the running are:

Red She Hulk (Marvel)
    Bloody Mary (Fables)
    Demona (Gargoyles)
    Mystique (X-men)
    Cat Woman (Batman)
    Raven Hex (Tarot)
    Killer Frost (DC)
    T-X (Terminator 3)

But depending on the mission I might need someone with more ranged capability, investigative skills, psychic abilities, healing, durability / regeneration, or mind control /diplomacy.

And some characters who didnt make the default time but might be called in for specific missions: Sil (Species), Sheeva or Frost (Mortal Kombat), Alexia Ashford (Resident Evil), Carrie White (Carrie), Star Sapphire (Green Lantern), Jadis (Narnia), O-Ren Ishii (Kill Bill), Kishanth or Kitiara (Dragonlance), Miko or Tsukiko (OoTS), Angel Dust (Deadpool), Morgana (King Arthur) Maleficent (Sleeping Beauty), Ravenna(Snow White), or Poison Ivy (Batman), Royce (Lunar), Nebula (Guardians of the Galaxy)

Also considered a few horror movie villains, but as a rule they are way too unpredictable and hard to control.
    Last edited by Talakeal; 2017-07-09 at 01:40 PM.
    Looking for feedback on Heart of Darkness, a character driven RPG of Gothic fantasy.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Troll in the Playground

besides the obvious t-x is there any female tech head villians out there in comics? by the way o ren shi can be good character as teams handler with probably shadowed male as the mastermind
    Threads are like cats. They go where they want, and never listen to what you want them to do.

16. - Top - End - #76

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Agrippa View Post
    SNIP
    Most of this team is leaning on anti-hero/mercenary or hero who's made a few mistakes, so a considerable number of people would say this team is less "suicide squad" and more "mixed-morals task force," but they're definitely a force to reckon with and I wouldn't argue with anyone rich enough to keep all of them happy.

Show

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by khadgar567 View Post
    besides the obvious t-x is there any female tech head villians out there in comics? by the way o ren shi can be good character as teams handler with probably shadowed male as the mastermind
    The closest I can think of is Lucrezia from Girl Genius. She invented the slaver wasps to mind control people and laid waste to the continent before being brought to heel. IIRC, there's a part of her memories embedded in the story protaganist, Agatha Heterodyne.

She'd make a great Q for the team and is an undisputed tech genius. As for controlling, that's relatively easy considering that for all her advanced skills and technical abilities, physically speaking she's an ordinary human.

Respectfully,

Brian P.
    "Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid."

-Valery Legasov in Chernobyl

18. - Top - End - #78
    Troll in the Playground

The closest I can think of is Lucrezia from Girl Genius. She invented the slaver wasps to mind control people and laid waste to the continent before being brought to heel. IIRC, there's a part of her memories embedded in the story protaganist, Agatha Heterodyne.

She'd make a great Q for the team and is an undisputed tech genius. As for controlling, that's relatively easy considering that for all her advanced skills and technical abilities, physically speaking she's an ordinary human.

Respectfully,

Brian P.
    control part is not hard for me since my field leader gonna be red hood and if he has ounce of bat charisma he can lead them with little problem. As why i need female tech head villian. I want whole team to act as one guys harem.

19. - Top - End - #79

There, I have my team all fleshed out. In terms of stability how would they compare to the other Suicide Squads in this thread and to some of Amanda Waller's teams?

20. - Top - End - #80

So, what are some actors/actresses that could have pulled an Orphan Black and play all of the characters in this while only reprising previous roles?(if they were alive, natch) Christopher Lee comes immediately to mind. I'm only familiar with the more recent stuff but from his IMBD you could do: Dracula, Lucifer, Rasputin, Scaramanga, Count Dooku, Saruman.

My pick for the handler is Death (Discworld).

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

There, I have my team all fleshed out. In terms of stability how would they compare to the other Suicide Squads in this thread and to some of Amanda Waller's teams?
    Well, other than Superboy Prime, I think my term is relatively stable.
    Spoiler
    Show

1. Arkillo (after he learns friendship from Saint Walker, also a yellow Lantern)
    2. Loki
    3. Bullseye
    4. Super Boy Prime (as a yellow lantern)
    5. Mr. Hand (Black Lantern)
    6. Dr. Doom

Okay, Bullseye will need lots of money to not randomly want to kill Mr Hand or Arkillo (he wouldn't stand a chance vs Doom, Loki, or Superboy Prime unless he found some powerful tech).
    But he was fine during Hammer when they were the New (dark) Avengers.

I could replace Superboy with Sabertooth if I wanted a better stability.
    Hand's creepiness by liking the dead (and raising them as zombies) is an irritation, but he can't die with his ring and he makes minions. He is easy to manipulate which Doom will have the task of doing.

But your team seems okay stable-wise, Peter has never been a villain (are heroes now a choice?), I can see Faith, never seen Fargo, but okay team.

So half of your team is mundanes but good at weapons. Their egos might be an issue, Peter likes being the leader not letting others lead him. Bane as well.

22. - Top - End - #82

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck_II View Post
    Peter has never been a villain (are heroes now a choice?)
    Going by description, it's the idea that he's mercenary enough that he could be paid to do it.

Show

23. - Top - End - #83

Peter Jason Quill is a thief, con-man and semi-reformed womanizer. Two out of three of these are criminal careers. He also hates to see people and animals bullied or abused, and being of the the heroically roguish sort, Peter/Star-Lord will bring to bear whatever trickery, deceit, screwball antics and gunplay he can to protect, save or if needed, avenge the innocent. Don't forget people, just because Quill is a genuine good guy, it doesn't mean that he isn't also a bad, bad, bad, bad man. So how do you like him now?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Mann View Post
    It's worse than the time some friends used a silver piece, a platinum piece, a delayed blast fireball and a scroll of passwall to make a nuclear explosion in a game...
    Quote Originally Posted by nagora View Post
    Chatter is usually a sign that it's time to break out the Lego pirates and start firing marbles at each other's ships instead of role playing. Some nights, we're just not in the mood!
    My fantasy/RPG blog A Voyage Into the Fantastic

24. - Top - End - #84

Quote Originally Posted by JBPuffin View Post
    Going by description, it's the idea that he's mercenary enough that he could be paid to do it.
    They're only getting paid to screw over genuinely bad people. I don't see Peter Quill having a problem with that at all.

25. - Top - End - #85

Respectfully,

Brian P.
    Erm... 'controlling' Lucrezia is iffy at best. It's arguable whether or not even Lucrezia can control Lucrezia. Also, physically speaking she's
    Spoiler
    Show
    quite a few ordinary humans, possibly some kind of super-computer, and an impossibly-intelligent hive mind.
    Noooot the easiest to control, and frankly she's so friggin' crazy I wouldn't want to be on the same planet as her if she had more resources than dirt. And yes, rocks would be 'more'.

Female tech-heads? What about The Engineer, from The Authority? She's a protagonist, and at least technically well-intentioned, but if you go by her actions and the results of same, she probably should have been locked up a loooooong time ago.

For a few missions? Probably fine. Over a longer term, though, I can see ego and clashing styles becoming problematic, at least amongst the comic-book natives (and Faith)- sorry, not familiar with Fargo or Borderlands... but Bane in particular would have little patience with Quill's and Deadpool's antics, and he'd get tired of Faith's posturing rather quickly. I can see Faith getting a bit freaked out by the 'Pool, especially given how closely he resembles (some of) the demons of the Buffyverse, and completely skeeved out by Quill... Bane she'd either start to resent enormously, or possibly respect just as much; it's kind of tough to say. Deadpool is so nuts it's a bit tough to call exactly how he'd react, and I honestly wonder if Quill would even realize how badly he's pissing off most of the rest of the team.

Soooo... honestly, you're pretty much in the same ballpark as the classic Task Force X

26. - Top - End - #86
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TeChameleon View Post

Female tech-heads? What about The Engineer, from The Authority? She's a protagonist, and at least technically well-intentioned, but if you go by her actions and the results of same, she probably should have been locked up a loooooong time ago.
    Well she might be good but i want enginier with human like body not liquid metal girls who can't sleep with my team leader so its another bust as tech head choice.

27. - Top - End - #87

... uh...

Well, to stick to a strictly factual response to your statement, Angela Spica, the Engineer, isn't liquid metal- she just controls a bunch of it that has apparently replaced her blood (and coats her body, normally).

28. - Top - End - #88
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TeChameleon View Post
    ... uh...

Well, to stick to a strictly factual response to your statement, Angela Spica, the Engineer, isn't liquid metal- she just controls a bunch of it that has apparently replaced her blood (and coats her body, normally).
    Thats good than i try to consider her.

29. - Top - End - #89

Cat!Izma (Emperor's New Groove)
    Salem (Sabrina the Teenage Witch)
    Garfield (Garfield)
    Meowth (Pokemon)
    Greebo (Discworld)
    Kyubey (Madoka Magica)

Handler: Andrew Lloyd Webber

30. - Top - End - #90
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by solidork View Post
    Cat!Izma (Emperor's New Groove)
    Salem (Sabrina the Teenage Witch)
    Garfield (Garfield)
    Meowth (Pokemon)
    Greebo (Discworld)
    Kyubey (Madoka Magica)

Handler: Andrew Lloyd Webber
    Lol cat suicide squad. This needs its own movie