New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 41 of 50 FirstFirst ... 163132333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1491
  1. - Top - End - #1201
    Spamalot in the Playground

Default Re: Hearthstone 20: What is your Quest?

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosOS View Post
    Psyren, Wild Growth actually becomes 4 mana draw 4 when doubled. Each of the "Excess Mana" cards were doubled.
    Wild Growth was doubled when I did it, but "Excess Mana" was not. I don't think it counted 0-cost cards for the Witch power.

So it was 4-mana draw 2 - slightly more expensive than AI, but still decent in that matchup.

As a sidenote: apparently single-player Brawls still let you complete quests, so that's nice!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

2. - Top - End - #1202
    Colossus in the Playground

Does it? I haven't tested it, nor can I now, but that would surprise me; Excess Mana is a spell, and if its cost is doubled it becomes (0x2)=0 so you'll always have enough mana to cast it twice.

Psyren answered this while I was typing. Well, it makes sense that they wouldn't want the double-sided hero power to ever be a straight-up buff, I suppose.

3. - Top - End - #1203
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Yeah, WG doubled for me in the brawl as well. Was a nice way to refresh the hand after running out of gas or a Fear.

4. - Top - End - #1204
    Troll in the Playground

Pretty sure I remembered Excess Mana drawing 2 cards, but I have no proof.

Also, Cat + Pirate were easy for me but Witch took 4 tries for me to finally draw a good hand and win.

5. - Top - End - #1205
    Colossus in the Playground

Depending on when you tested it and when Psyren did, it's entirely possible that they launched it with straightforward "spells are doubled, including 0-cost spells being straight-up twice as good" and then stealth nerfed it when they realized they'd made some cards strictly better.

6. - Top - End - #1206
    Troll in the Playground

Had it happen too, it worked. Double draw.
    Quote Originally Posted by actual quote from this forum
    So yeah. your wrong.
    Check out Camp Archimedes, a (slightly homebrew) mercenary camp full of interesting units. A great addition to any campaign (in my very biased opinion)

7. - Top - End - #1207

For maximum clarity, this is exactly what happened when I did it.

Wild Growth at full-mana = doubled (4 cost). Produced two instances of the 0-cost "Excess Mana spell."

Casting Excess Mana = not doubled. Draw 1.
    Casting 2nd Excess Mana = not doubled. Draw 1.

End result - Wild Growth at full = 4 mana, draw 2.
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

8. - Top - End - #1208
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sporeegg View Post
    4 Mana draw 2. Excess Mana just pulls 1 card.
    Actually, what's happening is that Excess Mana is a 0 cost spell, so it's always doubled. Wild Growth gets doubled, then Excess Mana gets doubled.

9. - Top - End - #1209
    Ogre in the Playground

I did it Sunday, and got the following result:

Cast Wild Growth (Doubled): Gain 2 Excess Mana
    Cast Excess Mana: Drew 2 cards.

I actually had the other one in my hand for next turn due to hand size, and cast it again for the same effect.

10. - Top - End - #1210
    Titan in the Playground

I'm 99% certain I experienced Excess Mana drawing 2 as well - and yes, after doubling the initial Growth to receive two of them. Don't recall what day it was, though.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

11. - Top - End - #1211

Maybe I misremembered then.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

12. - Top - End - #1212
    Barbarian in the Playground

Hybrid Arenas are about to end, how are you guys doing?

My Mage/Rogue one crashed after the initial hype. Went 6-3. Stupid Jades that work better than constructed Jades.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    You're my hero.
    OotS Avatar by Linklele.

Spoiler: When early morn walks forth in sober grey. - William Blake
    Show
    Oft when the summer sleeps among the trees,
    Whispering faint murmurs to the scanty breeze,
    I walk the village round; if at her side
    A youth doth walk in stolen joy and pride,
    I curse my stars in bitter grief and woe,
    That made my love so high and me so low.

O should she e'er prove false, his limbs I'd tear
    And throw all pity on the burning air;
    I'd curse bright fortune for my mixed lot,
    And then I'd die in peace, and be forgot.

13. - Top - End - #1213
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Mikemical View Post

My Mage/Rogue one crashed after the initial hype. Went 6-3. Stupid Jades that work better than constructed Jades.
    I've been doing about average - the occasional utter fail of a deck, the rest averaging 4-5 wins. Current Arena run is a monstrosity of a deck with 2 Ultimate Infestation and 2 Firelands Portals. If I get to 10 mana, I just kind of win. Sitting at 7-2 right now, both losses from aggro decks.

14. - Top - End - #1214

I... haven't played a single one. Too wrapped up in Destiny

It's a miracle I found time to clear the Brawl.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

15. - Top - End - #1215
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    I... haven't played a single one. Too wrapped up in Destiny

It's a miracle I found time to clear the Brawl.
    How is it? Destiny I mean.

I won Brawl with a janky wanna be Big Priest. I reckon a Sillver Hand Recruit buff deck also works well.

16. - Top - End - #1216

How is it? Destiny I mean.
    Enjoying it a lot! Just hit minimum gearscore ("Power") for the raid, which released yesterday, but waiting for my IRL friends to catch up to me.

I won Brawl with a janky wanna be Big Priest. I reckon a Sillver Hand Recruit buff deck also works well.
    I meant the single-player Halloween Brawl where they give you three decks (Cat, Pirate, Witch.) Believe me, I WISH I could have made a custom deck to kill that damn Horseman with. I'd make a 30/30 C'thun, kill his body with the Battlecry, and then one-shot the head.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

17. - Top - End - #1217
    Ettin in the Playground

Enjoying it a lot! Just hit minimum gearscore ("Power") for the raid, which released yesterday, but waiting for my IRL friends to catch up to me.

I meant the single-player Halloween Brawl where they give you three decks (Cat, Pirate, Witch.) Believe me, I WISH I could have made a custom deck to kill that damn Horseman with. I'd make a 30/30 C'thun, kill his body with the Battlecry, and then one-shot the head.
    Fun fact for that brawl, the head had no protection against minion removal (at least when I played). I got that beast that killed all damaged minions and instantly won.

Spoiler: Giant in the Playground Hearthstone Champion
    Show

18. - Top - End - #1218
    Troll in the Playground

I went 6-3 with a Rogue/Mage. One loss was a disconnection when my laptop's internet flaked out and I didn't reconnect in time with my phone. Another loss was when I pinged a minion when I was tilted instead of his face and ended up 1 damage off lethal.

So, yeah, I hate arena because the mistakes/disconnections feel 10 times more bad than losing a random ladder game.

That said, I'll probably do another run in a day or so. I don't know how they're going to handle on-going runs again.

19. - Top - End - #1219

Will your Ticket stick around after the hybrid arena ends?

Quote Originally Posted by Hamste View Post
    Fun fact for that brawl, the head had no protection against minion removal (at least when I played). I got that beast that killed all damaged minions and instantly won.
    As did I, but it took a couple of tries with Cat. I also beat it legitimately.

I also learned that even if he duplicates the head (e.g. with his Manic Soulcaster) killing one of them will still win the duel.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

20. - Top - End - #1220
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

I also learned that even if he duplicates the head (e.g. with his Manic Soulcaster) killing one of them will still win the duel.
    Do you still win if he has a chance to play the other one before you kill the first? I assumed not, but didn't get the chance to test that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap Dynamic View Post
    I want to create a world that is full of possibility, and one of the best ways to handle it is by creating a bunch of stories that haven't yet been finished.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    At this point, however, I'm thinking way too hard about the practical problems of running a battle royale school for Russian assassins, so I think I'll leave it there.
    In my posts, smilies generally correspond to my expression at the time. As an example, means "huh?" and "Hmm..". Also, "Landis" is fine.

21. - Top - End - #1221
    Titan in the Playground

I only did the freebies. Had a couple of mediocre ones follower by an awful one that I could tell was going to be bad just from the terrible draft options. Surprised it even got the one win it did.

Honestly, wasn't that excited by it - ultimately felt like the same old arena to me. About the only really interesting thing I saw was Rogue's "do stuff with other classes' cards" cards actually becoming good for a change.
    Last edited by Zevox; 2017-11-02 at 06:05 PM.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

22. - Top - End - #1222
    Barbarian in the Playground

Welp, today I went 8-3 after going on a 8-win rampage with a Druid-Hunter deck that ran two Living Manas, two Feral Roars, two Marks of the Wild, Ultimate "I Win, you Lose" and Unleash the Hounds. From monday till today I ran undefeated, then I came across a Priest Rogue with Prep into Release from Amber, a Hunter-Druid with Spreading Plague + Corpseshell Scavenger + Mark of the Lotus, and Priest-Shaman with Devolve.

I did win 200+ gold and got Lanathel off the free pack, who sucks harder than any other legendary in the expansion but at least that means I won't get her again off a pack. I've been dusting unused cards to craft another DK, maybe Frost Lich Jaina since I got pyros off an Ungoro pack last week or Vampire Gul'Dan. Once I hit the 1200 dust, bye bye Queen of the Vamps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    You're my hero.
    OotS Avatar by Linklele.

Spoiler: When early morn walks forth in sober grey. - William Blake
    Show
    Oft when the summer sleeps among the trees,
    Whispering faint murmurs to the scanty breeze,
    I walk the village round; if at her side
    A youth doth walk in stolen joy and pride,
    I curse my stars in bitter grief and woe,
    That made my love so high and me so low.

O should she e'er prove false, his limbs I'd tear
    And throw all pity on the burning air;
    I'd curse bright fortune for my mixed lot,
    And then I'd die in peace, and be forgot.

23. - Top - End - #1223
    Titan in the Playground

Got Lanathel off the free pack, who sucks harder than any other legendary in the expansion.
    That is her job. She is a vampire. And to ride my little pun home I have to mention I feel that Bloodreaver Gul'dan sucks even harder.

24. - Top - End - #1224

Quote Originally Posted by Landis963 View Post
    Do you still win if he has a chance to play the other one before you kill the first? I assumed not, but didn't get the chance to test that.
    Yep - he had two out, I killed one, he died. (I was worried about that too.)
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

25. - Top - End - #1225
    Firbolg in the Playground

Disappointing week in Hearthstone so far. Failed my end of month push, ending with a peak rank of 7, I don't know why but this expansion's meta is just not jiving for me. I've tried fun decks, I've tried meta decks, I've tried things in between, I can't seem to make anything stick.

On the bright side I have been having more fun with Arena. My last few runs have all been underperforming compared to the first few days I outlined earlier. Average is down to around 4.3 overall. Part of it is drafting worse decks, but I'm betting a big part is more of the inexperienced players being done with their free runs.

On the bright side, I did have one really fun run where I drafted a Blood of the Ancient One and a Shadowcaster, and actually managed to pull off the combo in one game. I had never seen it in game before, so that was pretty fun. I am debating making an ancient one meme deck for standard before he rotates out.
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

26. - Top - End - #1226

Next expansion is "Kobolds & Catacombs." It also contains a new single player mode being added called "Dungeon Run" - a sort of roguelike deck-builder combo.

https://www.polygon.com/2017/11/3/16...r-release-date
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

27. - Top - End - #1227
    Firbolg in the Playground

Next expansion is "Kobolds & Catacombs." It also contains a new single player mode being added called "Dungeon Run" - a sort of roguelike deck-builder combo.

https://www.polygon.com/2017/11/3/16...r-release-date
    I think most of us here can agree to get excited about a Tabletop RPG themed hearthstone expansion.
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

28. - Top - End - #1228
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

I WILL take candle!
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

29. - Top - End - #1229
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Makes perfect sense, considering the source material. Fighting kobolds in random mines was a significant part of my low level WoW experience. There's just got to be a treasure-guarding dragon in this somewhere.

Those class legendary weapons look interesting too.
    Awesome OOTS-style Fallout New Vegas avatar by Ceika. Or it was, before Photobucket started charging money.

General nerd person. Mostly computer games and manga.

30. - Top - End - #1230
    Troll in the Playground

New Warlock legendary... this is kind of hilarious.

Spoiler: Rin the Disciple
    Show

If you thought Gnomeferatu was overpowered, take a look at the new Warlock legendary.

https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone...irst_disciple/

6 mana, 3/6 taunt, deathrattle: add the First Seal to your hand.

First Seal: 5 mana, summon a 2/2, add the Second Seal to your hand

Second Seal: 5 mana, summon a 3/3, add the Third Seal to your hand

Third Seal 5 mana, summon a 4/4, add the Fourth Seal to your hand

Fourth Seal 5 mana, summon a 5/5, add the Final Seal to your hand

Final Seal 5 mana, summon a 6/6, add the Azari, the Destroyer to your hand.

Azari: 10 mana 10/10, destroy your opponent's deck.
    Last edited by Joran; 2017-11-03 at 09:45 PM.