New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 42 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1732333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1491
  1. - Top - End - #1231
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Hearthstone 20: What is your Quest?

Quote Originally Posted by Joran View Post
    New Warlock legendary... this is kind of hilarious.

Spoiler: Rin the Disciple
    Show

If you thought Gnomeferatu was overpowered, take a look at the new Warlock legendary.

https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone...irst_disciple/

6 mana, 3/6 taunt, deathrattle: add the First Seal to your hand.

First Seal: 5 mana, summon a 2/2, add the Second Seal to your hand

Second Seal: 5 mana, summon a 3/3, add the Third Seal to your hand

Third Seal 5 mana, summon a 4/4, add the Fourth Seal to your hand

Fourth Seal 5 mana, summon a 5/5, add the Final Seal to your hand

Final Seal 5 mana, summon a 6/6, add the Azari, the Destroyer to your hand.

Azari: 10 mana 10/10, destroy your opponent's deck.
    So even if you get this on turn ten you still need to play at least another 5 turns. It is probably way too slow, though it is pretty cool.

Spoiler: Giant in the Playground Hearthstone Champion
    Show

2. - Top - End - #1232
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hamste View Post
    So even if you get this on turn ten you still need to play at least another 5 turns. It is probably way too slow, though it is pretty cool.
    No, it's 10 for the first, 11 for the first two seals, 12 for the second 2, 13 for the 5th, and then 14 for the fatty.

So another 4 turns!

And with coin it's only 3!
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

3. - Top - End - #1233
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tonberrian View Post
    No, it's 10 for the first, 11 for the first two seals, 12 for the second 2, 13 for the 5th, and then 14 for the fatty.

So another 4 turns!

And with coin it's only 3!
    You have to pay 6 mana or the 3/6 minion (it is deathrattle). Then it dies next turn, you play two seals. The turn after you play two seals. The turn after you play that you play the last seal and the turn after that you play the fatty. That is 5 turns.

Spoiler: Giant in the Playground Hearthstone Champion
    Show

4. - Top - End - #1234
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hamste View Post
    You have to pay 6 mana or the 3/6 minion (it is deathrattle). Then it dies next turn, you play two seals. The turn after you play two seals. The turn after you play that you play the last seal and the turn after that you play the fatty. That is 5 turns.
    You can kill it on 11, then play two seals. That's still 4 turns. Possible. Heck you can kill it with Blastcrystal Potion (or shadowflame or unwilling sacrifice or void terror) on turn 10.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

5. - Top - End - #1235
    Titan in the Playground

New Warlock legendary... this is kind of hilarious.

Spoiler: Rin the Disciple
    Show

If you thought Gnomeferatu was overpowered, take a look at the new Warlock legendary.

https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone...irst_disciple/

6 mana, 3/6 taunt, deathrattle: add the First Seal to your hand.

First Seal: 5 mana, summon a 2/2, add the Second Seal to your hand

Second Seal: 5 mana, summon a 3/3, add the Third Seal to your hand

Third Seal 5 mana, summon a 4/4, add the Fourth Seal to your hand

Fourth Seal 5 mana, summon a 5/5, add the Final Seal to your hand

Final Seal 5 mana, summon a 6/6, add the Azari, the Destroyer to your hand.

Azari: 10 mana 10/10, destroy your opponent's deck.
    Yeah, I feel quite confident saying that's entirely too slow to ever be any good. Using the first several Seal cards create decidedly weak turns as you're working towards that final piece, too - and it isn't even a guaranteed win if you get there, since they may well just have the cards they need to win in hand by then.

I guess it's a counter to Fatigue decks should those ever become popular, but that seems unlikely.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

6. - Top - End - #1236
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

I feel vaguely ashamed that my MagePriest arena deck that rolled both Kazakus and Raza only went 4-2. Raza did singlehandedly win me three of them though, Kazzy was useless.
    Last edited by The Glyphstone; 2017-11-04 at 12:33 AM.

7. - Top - End - #1237
    Spamalot in the Playground

KaC is available for pre-order:

https://us.shop.battle.net/en-us/pro...-and-catacombs

...I don't seem to remember the other expansions being $50, were they? What exactly do you get in this bundle? It seems pretty pricey, is this because of the single player mode they're adding?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

8. - Top - End - #1238

The pre order 50 pack package has always been $50, and comes with a card back.

9. - Top - End - #1239
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    KaC is available for pre-order:

https://us.shop.battle.net/en-us/pro...-and-catacombs

...I don't seem to remember the other expansions being $50, were they? What exactly do you get in this bundle? It seems pretty pricey, is this because of the single player mode they're adding?
    The singleplayer mode is free. The 50 dollars for 50 packs has always been the standard for preorder, it's basically 10 bonus packs for purchasing early (it's normally 50 dollars for 40 packs).

I've gone on my rants about the game being too expensive in the past, so won't repeat my arguments. But yeah, preorder isn't any particular value, and Dungeon Run having absolutely no Pack/Gold rewards is a pretty major disappointment for an expansion themed around loot.

In any case, I'm looking forward to a new set just to hopefully take us away from keleseth meta.
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

10. - Top - End - #1240

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    The pre order 50 pack package has always been $50, and comes with a card back.
    Oh gotcha, it's a bundle of 50 packs, rather than access to the expansion itself. Good to know.
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

11. - Top - End - #1241

Quote Originally Posted by Seerow View Post

I've gone on my rants about the game being too expensive in the past, so won't repeat my arguments. But yeah, preorder isn't any particular value, and Dungeon Run having absolutely no Pack/Gold rewards is a pretty major disappointment for an expansion themed around loot.
    I'd be happy if Dungeon Runs let you complete quests, but that might be too much to hope for.

12. - Top - End - #1242

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    I'd be happy if Dungeon Runs let you complete quests, but that might be too much to hope for.
    *crosses fingers super-hard*

They let the single-player brawl complete quests...
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

13. - Top - End - #1243
    Troll in the Playground

If there's no reward I'll probably play the mode a couple times then drop it. I just don't really care about the PvE content.

Overall the expansion looks.... OK?
    Recruit doesn't seem very interesting as a mechanic, but I guess it's gonna create decks that pull weird or unexpected cards, and variety is always nice.

The cards that power up in your hand are... Nice.

The weapons... meh. I like the Mage one, will have to wait and see what they made for classes who already have weapons.
    Not sure I like how much this buffs Ooze/Harrison
    Last edited by Gandariel; 2017-11-06 at 03:21 AM.

14. - Top - End - #1244
    Titan in the Playground

If Gloves of Mugging will be a card instead of only a treasure from the dungeon run feature I feel some people in this forum will flip their sh't: https://youtu.be/QAuIOnaiYzs?t=18m10s
    Last edited by Spore; 2017-11-06 at 09:42 AM.

15. - Top - End - #1245
    Bugbear in the Playground

Huh. Arena exclusive cards? Amaz video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sl8ZruUSscs
    Not sure how to feel about this. Those look really powerfull..
    Well that was awkward.

16. - Top - End - #1246

Yeah I watched that earlier in the day. I like the Warrior weapon and I look forward to some really funny plays from the Super Polymorph.

I have to agree with his assessment of Crackling Doom though, not sure what they were thinking there.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

17. - Top - End - #1247
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sporeegg View Post
    If Gloves of Mugging will be a card instead of only a treasure from the dungeon run feature I feel some people in this forum will flip their sh't: https://youtu.be/QAuIOnaiYzs?t=18m10s
    There's pretty much zero risk of that. They're way too strong. You'd need to up the cost to like 9-10 mana for that to start being reasonable. It's a 6 card swing plus the combo breaking effect.

18. - Top - End - #1248
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Chen View Post
    There's pretty much zero risk of that. They're way too strong. You'd need to up the cost to like 9-10 mana for that to start being reasonable. It's a 6 card swing plus the combo breaking effect.
    Maybe they'll be uncollectible cards from a treasure feature (such as Marin the Fox).

19. - Top - End - #1249
    Bugbear in the Playground

Planetar

The dungeon run cards specifically get to do things that are "too mean to use on other players". Gloves of Mugging are a good example of that. There's a lot of PvE design space you can explore that you can't in PvP, because the AI doesn't have feelings so you only need to worry about balance and not counterplay.

20. - Top - End - #1250
    Troll in the Playground

I came back to the game a while ago upon realizing Bonemare is an autoinclude in pretty much every F2P deck and it actually makes me feel less hopeless if my super cheap early-game oriented decks peter out before they can deliver a payload.

Here's one thing I am not sure if I'm doing right: I spend all of my dusts on Commons and Rares that I feel like would be useful for the multitude of decks I putz around with in my all-time top rank of 15. I got Knife Jugglers for my Zoolock, then I got Bloodsail Raiders for my budget Patches-less Pirate Warrior (which I only decided to go towards because I was lucky to open a Southsea Captain), then I got a Servant of Kalimos because I realized I actually have a sizable Mage and Shaman collection, etc. etc.

Should I just stop being stupid and start collecting for some legendaries? I have stuff like Alex / Thalnos / Leeroy in my mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Mordekaiser for president.

21. - Top - End - #1251

I try to spend dust on cards I'll use in a variety of decks. For example, Shadow Visions is pretty much going in any priest deck, so I crafted that.

I'll also craft cards needed to beat some of the "constructed Brawls" like Top 3. When those Brawls roll around again, you get an easy pack and multiple quest completions, and the cards pay for themselves.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

22. - Top - End - #1252
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Winthur View Post
    I came back to the game a while ago upon realizing Bonemare is an autoinclude in pretty much every F2P deck and it actually makes me feel less hopeless if my super cheap early-game oriented decks peter out before they can deliver a payload.

Here's one thing I am not sure if I'm doing right: I spend all of my dusts on Commons and Rares that I feel like would be useful for the multitude of decks I putz around with in my all-time top rank of 15. I got Knife Jugglers for my Zoolock, then I got Bloodsail Raiders for my budget Patches-less Pirate Warrior (which I only decided to go towards because I was lucky to open a Southsea Captain), then I got a Servant of Kalimos because I realized I actually have a sizable Mage and Shaman collection, etc. etc.

Should I just stop being stupid and start collecting for some legendaries? I have stuff like Alex / Thalnos / Leeroy in my mind.
    Cobalt Scalebane is also stupidly good in every midrangey deck. Throw in a Saronite Chain Gang and Firefly and that's a nice neutral package for a midrange deck. (reminds me of the days when my F2P wife's account was basically a mech deck in every single class).

For me, I don't craft commons at all. I try to not craft rares, saving my dust for epics/legendaries. But as Psyren said, you should try to craft things that you know will be good until it rotates out; Primordial Glyph and Shadow Visions are never not going to see play in their respective classes. Also, I craft if I'm one or two cards short of a really good deck (I crafted the second Spreading Plague and Ultimate Infestation when Jade Druid was king).
    Last edited by Joran; 2017-11-07 at 11:18 AM.

23. - Top - End - #1253
    Troll in the Playground

Cobalt Scalebane is also stupidly good in every midrangey deck.
    Oh yes, I already have a pair of those pretty much everywhere sans the janky Pirate Warrior.

In fact, I also have an almost complete list for a semi-competent Elemental Mage and Jade Elemental Shaman.

I'm also wondering if I should disenchant my absolutely wonderful cards like Don Han'cho, Lorewanker Cho and my newest groundbreaking legendary by the name of Blood Queen Lan'athiel, but I also keep being worried that I will miss out on some massive meta shift. And Cho is kinda fun in some constructed Brawls.

24. - Top - End - #1254
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Winthur View Post
    Oh yes, I already have a pair of those pretty much everywhere sans the janky Pirate Warrior.

In fact, I also have an almost complete list for a semi-competent Elemental Mage and Jade Elemental Shaman.

I'm also wondering if I should disenchant my absolutely wonderful cards like Don Han'cho, Lorewanker Cho and my newest groundbreaking legendary by the name of Blood Queen Lan'athiel, but I also keep being worried that I will miss out on some massive meta shift. And Cho is kinda fun in some constructed Brawls.
    Due to the new pack opening logic (you can't open a duplicate legendary), you shouldn't dust a legendary unless you're done with opening those packs.

I'd say that Don Han'cho is definitely dustable; he's terrible and I can't foresee a meta where he wouldn't be terrible. He also rotates with Patches after first expansion of next year.

25. - Top - End - #1255
    Troll in the Playground

I'd say that Don Han'cho is definitely dustable; he's terrible and I can't foresee a meta where he wouldn't be terrible. He also rotates with Patches after first expansion of next year.
    I can see some use for some Dopplegangster / Saronite Chain Gang Handbuff Paladin synergy, but that's only because I'm poor and in a "play the hand you're dealt" mindset, but I acknowledge he's pretty bad.

26. - Top - End - #1256
    Troll in the Playground

I'd dust all three. They're awful, and they can let you get a deck-defining legendary.

Yes, "don't dust legendaries because pack rules blah blah..", but frankly... no. Still dust them.

First priority is having fun, and I remember when I crafted my first few legendaries. You feel like your deck now is really competitive, and there will be no more "I lost cause he has such a big collection". You officially have a "real" deck and when you start the game you are no longer disadvantaged from the get go: you are officially on equal footing.

That feeling is really awesome, so don't be afraid to dust your awful legendaries (and maybe some useless epics too) and craft what you need for your decks.
    Quote Originally Posted by actual quote from this forum
    So yeah. your wrong.
    Check out Camp Archimedes, a (slightly homebrew) mercenary camp full of interesting units. A great addition to any campaign (in my very biased opinion)

27. - Top - End - #1257
    Troll in the Playground

Cho is good in some brawls and is a unique enough effect that I could see brawls/adventure content where he's useful. I wouldn't dust him. The fact he's classic as well means you won't draw him again and you always get SOME classic backs (Brawls again). The other two are easily dustable though.

28. - Top - End - #1258
    Ogre in the Playground

...Speaking of Grimy Goons being terrible, anyone else badly dissapointed that they didn't include any handbuffs with keywords? Because Smuggling Run is nearly worthless in Paladin unless you're running spell synergies, otherwise there's a 1/1 minion that costs just one more mana that can benefit from handbuffs itself to generate larger value. And keywords on Grimy Goons allows for stuff like having Warrior get Taunt added to every minion in hand, or +1/+1 and Charge to a random minion instead of +2/+2 every ****ing turn. Why is that not a Paladin card?!

Like, I bet that Jade Golems would be more balanced if certain cards added keywords to Jade Golems instead of giving them +1/+1. And not having Jade summoning be automatic improvement every single time would solve the Jade Druid problem of literally infinite value by making it possible to have Jade Idol not buff the Golems to hell and back. Having the increase be variable also means that Aya Blackpaw could have the vital advantage of giving +4/+4 total on one card, while Jade Swarmer could be making Stealthed Jade Golems(...not only no, but hell no). My other "fix" for Jade is to make everything about the cards scale with number of golems played, including mana cost, turning Jade into a hard tempo archetype. But the code probably wouldn't agree with that setup without some heavy shenanigans that'd be extremely transparent.

I got nothing for Cabal. Maybe standardize the potion effects.

29. - Top - End - #1259

A way to slow Jade down would be to only increase them when you get more than one out in the same turn. So the first one summoned each turn would not buff them, and they'd also delay playing the first one to only when they can play at least two, and only play Aya on a turn when they can summon another one alongside her since her deathrattle will also be on a separate turn etc.

Coding it would be easy because they already use that same code for "Combo" cards, it would just be "Combos with other Jade Idols" instead of "combos with everything."
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

30. - Top - End - #1260
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    A way to slow Jade down would be to only increase them when you get more than one out in the same turn. So the first one summoned each turn would not buff them, and they'd also delay playing the first one to only when they can play at least two, and only play Aya on a turn when they can summon another one alongside her since her deathrattle will also be on a separate turn etc.

Coding it would be easy because they already use that same code for "Combo" cards, it would just be "Combos with other Jade Idols" instead of "combos with everything."
    That solution works for Rogue. It does not work for Druid or Shaman, who also have Jade. Like, Jade Swarmer having a Combo effect to make their Jade contribution be Stealth instead of +1/+1 would work pretty well for Rogue. Druid, though, can't pump out multiple Jades per turn consistently enough(not enough card draw to make it really work) to make Jade properly viable in that case, and Shaman just can't do multiple Jade per turn at any meaningful rate of success thanks to having no low-mana options and having pretty ****ty draw compared to Druid and Rogue.