So I've learned that I'm really good at making up stories to justify...pretty much anything.
My latest project is Mezzik Blacktooth, a goblin. But not just any goblin. His ancestors were slaves. Drow slaves, to be specific. Part of the plan for his ancestors and the rest of the slaves to escape was for the goblins to let the monstrous spiders that the drow raised out, causing a stampede of sorts. Those goblins who weren't trampled rode the spiders to the other slaves and from there, to freedom and the surface world. So, years later, we have a goblin tribe (aptly named Spider Walkers) who raise and live among giant monstrous spiders. They receive a hatchling as a child, and it grows up with them. I would like to stress that this is something a circle of druids helped create. This is willing on both sides. Mezzik is the son of the current Chieftan. I have the character. His first feat is Wild Cohort so that his spider, Gogara, is with him from the beginning.
So, I have the image of what would usually be an evil character. I want to make him good. I have ideas, but I like running concepts by you because you guys are awesome, and know exactly what would work. So, what build should I work Mezzik towards, and what are your thoughts in general?