New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: 3.5 How Many Ways Can a Wizard Take Over Earth At the Lowest Level Possible

Quote Originally Posted by Hackulator View Post
    The total energy output of fire without any heat is pretty damn low. Given an approximate price of $20,000 per casting (50gp worth of ruby dust, 50gp equals one pound, one pound of gold costs just under $20k) I think the economics there are pretty questionable.
    Yes, but once you get it set up, INFINITE ENERGY B#$*&ES!

Quote Originally Posted by ColorBlindNinja View Post
    Edit: Did you find the DC needed for the hacking thing?
    Here's the relevant information.Computer Use.
    Last edited by Tainted_Scholar; 2017-07-02 at 03:23 PM.
    The False Balance Fallacy

The tendency to interpret the rules, not based on any validity with RAW or logic, but that which makes the game (in their eyes) more balanced.
    This tendency is often fueled by the incorrect belief that the game is balanced or the desire for it to be.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Default Re: 3.5 How Many Ways Can a Wizard Take Over Earth At the Lowest Level Possible

Quote Originally Posted by Tainted_Scholar View Post
    Yes, but once you get it set up, INFINITE ENERGY B#$*&ES!
    I think that alone would win you the Nobel Prize.

Here's the relevant information.Computer Use.
    Looks like DC 40 for the most heavily protected computers.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ettin in the Playground

BlackDragon

At 1+: start a cult. Changing small items into other similar items would get one a big following.
    Use magic to win the whatshisface prize for proving the paranormal, not so much for the $$$ but for the publicity. You ain't a wizard but a holy man.
    As one levels up one becomes capable of using the devoted legions quite effectively.

At lvl 3 one can use chain of eyes or spymaster's coin to get info on super sensitive materials. Even without a cult one could become a master blackmailer or information broker

At level 5 one could trigger a governance catastrophe / coup to secure one's power base by using Explosive Runes...
    Last edited by Gildedragon; 2017-07-02 at 10:32 PM.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Firbolg in the Playground

My two favorite early level money making schemes require Cleric spells. Which I had to go double check because I use them when I play Artificers.

If researching custom spells is allowed then use Wizard custom spell versions of the cleric spells in thd following.

Create Water plus Water to Acid (St) then sell the acid for nigh infinite wealth.
    Same for Elation & Distilled Joy (BoED) and either selling the liquid ambrosia as a happiness drug or using it for craft xp.

Putting either set of spells into a Spellsong Nightingale, Runic Guardian, Spell Clock, Spell Turret (DMG2) or repeating magic trap automates part of the process.
    Putting the spells into Energy Transfirmation Fields (SC) could work too, esp if the wizard has any unlimited use Su abilities.

Alternatively, if custom spells arent allowed, there is a summon that casts as a 12th lvl cleric, the Firre Eladrin. Spamming that summon and having it use the above spell combos works too. This requires summon mon 9 though.

Has epic magic been mentioned yet? Or was it disallowed in the OP and I missed it?

Another thought, the Mirror Mephit has at will Simulacrum SLA and, as a mephit, qualifies for Improved Familiar IIRC. Unlimited, cumulative Mirror Mephit Simulacrums alone could take over the world in fairly short order.

Edit: Utilize the Teleport Through Time spell and/or Create Time Portal feat to win at all of the gambling including that very special form of gambling we like to call 'electing our leaders democratically'. Eschew Materials the material component.
    Last edited by unseenmage; 2017-07-03 at 12:32 AM.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by unseenmage View Post
    Has epic magic been mentioned yet? Or was it disallowed in the OP and I missed it?
    It's not banned, but no one has brought it up yet.

Another thought, the Mirror Mephit has at will Simulacrum SLA and, as a mephit, qualifies for Improved Familiar IIRC. Unlimited, cumulative Mirror Mephit Simulacrums alone could take over the world in fairly short order.
    Someone more or less suggested use Simulacrums to impersonate world leaders. I'll append that scheme with this one. I'll add the other ideas in a minute.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Bugbear in the Playground

Edit: Utilize the Teleport Through Time spell and/or Create Time Portal feat to win at all of the gambling including that very special form of gambling we like to call 'electing our leaders democratically'. Eschew Materials the material component.
    Or you could go back to the dawn of civilization and rule over humanity as a god emperor.
    The False Balance Fallacy

The tendency to interpret the rules, not based on any validity with RAW or logic, but that which makes the game (in their eyes) more balanced.
    This tendency is often fueled by the incorrect belief that the game is balanced or the desire for it to be.

7. - Top - End - #37

Or you could go back to the dawn of civilization and rule over humanity as a god emperor.
    That being the joke, yeah. Sorry my snarkasm doesnt translate as well through the interwebs.
    After limitless time travel options open up one imagines being a god wizard is truly power on easy mode.

I keep trying to find a way to use the Time Apotheosis ability of the Time Dragon from Dragon Magazine instead but using the Teleport Through Time spell is just easier.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Lv 1: via Create Food and Water, start a religion. At appx 1 million followers, apotheosis using the rules set forth in Deities and Demigods
    Currently Playing as:
    KalKhan Manyfaces Half-Orc Ranger5/Illithid Slayer3/Aerial Avenger 3/Wizard 2//psionic gish (3.X)
    Puck Yuell Pixie (sprite) Bard (3.5)

Currently Running:
    Cypher Arcanum- an attempt at giving my players a Monty Haul. Taking it away, but giving nice internal bonuses. (3.X)

Homebrewing:
    Reincarnation/Heritage Campaign- using Cypher as the test ground

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Oh another way, use magic to make people think you're god of some big religion like Catholicism and you have most people in the world under your absolute command

10. - Top - End - #40
    Barbarian in the Playground

Level 1, charm person.

Ruling the world as god-emperor is a lot of work. Ruling the world by dropping hints to Donny, Vlad, Jin and Elon during your weekly game of D&D is a lot easier. AND Jin brings awesome Chinese food when it's his turn to bring the snacks!
    Spoiler: How to fix T1 classes:
    Show
    There are more posts on the forums about how to nerf T1, than there are posts about T1 characters ruining games. I would say the problem is solved!

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    This? This isn't a slice of brilliance. This is the whole freaking pie.

When you play the game of pwns, you're either w1n or n00b. There is no middle ground.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Sam K View Post
    Level 1, charm person.

Ruling the world as god-emperor is a lot of work. Ruling the world by dropping hints to Donny, Vlad, Jin and Elon during your weekly game of D&D is a lot easier. AND Jin brings awesome Chinese food when it's his turn to bring the snacks!
    I'll add it to the list.

12. - Top - End - #42

In Power of Faerun in the clergy chapter it explains at some point that one Diplomacy check will get someone to attend a religious service then another will convert them to your religion.

Makes it really straightforward for a Diplomancer to either a) head up their own religion or b) attain deity status via gathering believers (if that's how it works in your gameworld).