New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Can a Possessed Creature benefit from Personal Spells cast by the Possessor

Can a player with the Cancer Mage (Disease Form ) ability or Fiend of Possession (Possess Creature) go inside another player and use Personal spells. "I told him that the Personal spells or Psionic Powers only works on himself and he says since he's inside the second player and part of them it counts as Self on second player because he's inside second player. I disagree. What do you guys think."
    Last edited by mctizic; 2017-07-02 at 10:02 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Banned

GreenSorcererElf

Default Re: Can a Possessed Creature benefit from Personal Spells cast by the Possessor

I just dealt with that in pathfinder, and the answer there was yes, it does.
    Dunno about 3.5 though.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

frown Re: Can a Possessed Creature benefit from Personal Spells cast by the Possessor

So he may be right!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Can a Possessed Creature benefit from Personal Spells cast by the Possessor

Going by familiars and animal companions I would say no, there is nothing saying that it is allowed so it is not.
    D&D 3.0 and 3.5 SRDs

Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelb_Panthera View Post
    I'm honestly surprised at how often I spawn new sig's. Am I really that quotable?
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaMyconid View Post
    What do you mean it's not that great?

It lets you reload your greatsword.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Neutral Evil is Evil untainted by concern over Law or Chaos. It is Evil in its purest form, much like NG is Good in its purest form, LN is Law in its purest form, and CN is murderhoboing in its purest form.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by zergling.exe View Post
    Going by familiars and animal companions I would say no, there is nothing saying that it is allowed so it is not.
    Their argument: "While possessing an object, a fiend of possession can use any ability it has that requires no physical action, such as using a spell-like ability or telepathy. It cannot cast spells (since it can neither speak nor move), attack physically, or perform any other physical action, until it reaches a high enough level to make the possessed object perform these tasks for it.

So that should apply to the creature they posses?"
    Last edited by mctizic; 2017-07-02 at 06:27 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mctizic View Post
    Their argument: "While possessing an object, a fiend of possession can use any ability it has that requires no physical action, such as using a spell-like ability or telepathy. It cannot cast spells (since it can neither speak nor move), attack physically, or perform any other physical action, until it reaches a high enough level to make the possessed object perform these tasks for it.

So that should apply to the creature they posses?"
    Those are rules for possessing an object, not a creature.
    D&D 3.0 and 3.5 SRDs

Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelb_Panthera View Post
    I'm honestly surprised at how often I spawn new sig's. Am I really that quotable?
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaMyconid View Post
    What do you mean it's not that great?

It lets you reload your greatsword.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Neutral Evil is Evil untainted by concern over Law or Chaos. It is Evil in its purest form, much like NG is Good in its purest form, LN is Law in its purest form, and CN is murderhoboing in its purest form.