New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Fate/Grand Order - Are you my Master?

Ok, i just did the 30 Knight class one, 4 times, and every time it was Lancers, wtf?
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel

2. - Top - End - #752
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk748 View Post
    Ok, i just did the 30 Knight class one, 4 times, and every time it was Lancers, wtf?
    They do tend to be fairly single-class-focused. For example, when I've done the Cavalry 40, the vast majority of tokens I've gotten have been Assassin, followed by some Caster, and almost no Rider. (Don't even talk about Berserker.) I assume, as in past events, that if you want a particular material, you have to figure out which difficulty has the best drop rate for it. Harder doesn't always mean more of that material.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

3. - Top - End - #753
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk748 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    They do tend to be fairly single-class-focused. For example, when I've done the Cavalry 40, the vast majority of tokens I've gotten have been Assassin, followed by some Caster, and almost no Rider. (Don't even talk about Berserker.) I assume, as in past events, that if you want a particular material, you have to figure out which difficulty has the best drop rate for it. Harder doesn't always mean more of that material.
    If you look at the Quests, each one occasionally has a class rate-up, where it will be predominantly that class. Currently, the Knight class quest has an Archer rate-up for about the next 8 hours. Which is kinda annoying because I'm already finished with Archer chocolates and mainly need Saber and Berserker ones.
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

4. - Top - End - #754
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlackDragon

There is a rate-up that changes every 12 hours. You can go to the wiki and look up the schedule.

5. - Top - End - #755
    Ettin in the Playground

Because I can't give chocolate to Bersercar.
    Wait until White Day. Then your Bersercar chocolate needs should be met.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

6. - Top - End - #756

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    Won't happen until next year's Valentines rerun. Our White Day this year is just Chaldea Boys banner.

7. - Top - End - #757
    Troll in the Playground

The rate ups have been helpful in getting the chocolate I need. I got all my Lancer, Archer, and Assassin chocolate in order, working on Rider right now.

I saw the banner with Nero Bride and Altera rate ups and spent my last full pull on it, sadly the best thing I got out of it was a Kaleidoscope CE.
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

Factotum Variants!

8. - Top - End - #758
    Titan in the Playground

Gray Berserker Needs Chocolate Badly!

In other news, Medusa is just adorable. Honestly, if it weren't for my compulsive need to respect power above all else, I'd consider her a shoe-in for RiderWaifu. Sadly, there are too many formidable SR/SSRs in that category.

But she'll always have a place in my heart. As long as she keeps buying chocolate instead of making it. And not being completely insane.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

9. - Top - End - #759
    Bugbear in the Playground

It's always fun when you're playing the saber rate up 40AP quest, with a full archer team, and SURPRISE LANCER DRAGON happens.
    I'm a Prestige Class! Thanks Zaydos!

10. - Top - End - #760
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ImperatorV View Post
    It's always fun when you're playing the saber rate up 40AP quest, with a full archer team, and SURPRISE LANCER DRAGON happens.
    Yeah those aren't fun.

The only coins i haven't gotten the chocolates for are Caster and Berserker. Trying to farm those when it's not a rate up is just soul-crushing.

Factotum Variants!

11. - Top - End - #761
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ImperatorV View Post
    i was doing saber rate up, with an archer caster support and sabers... archer dragon is so much worse, what kind of dragon has a three turn wind up.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

12. - Top - End - #762
    Firbolg in the Playground

I've managed to get all of the Servant Chocolates, so now I'm just farming rate-ups for the materials. There's a lot of stuff I want from this event.
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

13. - Top - End - #763
    Titan in the Playground

I need Riders and Assassin yet, then all my Ladies will have given me chocolate....yes, i've accomplished nothing.
    Show

14. - Top - End - #764
    Titan in the Playground

Just finished getting my last chocos. Had to wait until Saber rate-up passed, given just how few Sabers I have (Lily), and how many Archers (Atalanta, Euryale, Nobunaga). Most of my collecting involved Riders (Boudica, Medusa, Ushiwakamaru, Martha, Santa), so that was a bit of a chore.

And now I can focus on farming for fiddly bits. Thankfully, because of some lucky drops, I don't need the thousand-choco Sweetheart, so I was able to blow that on a Crystallized Lore instead, which is handy. Next is just grabbing pretty much whatever. And bonus, farming the cavalry level gives me a chance at those Dragon Teeth bloody near everything needs. (One away from yet another skill-up on Lalter's Mana Burst... Then I'll only need 36 more after that... And 8 Hearts...)

Big plus of all these CEs? CE-level fodder. Looking forward to wasting a lot of fancy chocolates.

15. - Top - End - #765
    Troll in the Playground

Berserker rate up finally came around, so I need to farm that for the last of my ladies. But after that I don't even know what I need to go for, beyond grabbing the last of the all-embers to make up for the other grinding I didn't do during this event.

Factotum Variants!

16. - Top - End - #766
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Noventa View Post
    Berserker rate up finally came around, so I need to farm that for the last of my ladies. But after that I don't even know what I need to go for, beyond grabbing the last of the all-embers to make up for the other grinding I didn't do during this event.
    Well, you can either just go for whatever is easiest and convert it into chocolates to buy materials... Or skip out on the event, because you're pretty much done. Either works.

In other news... There's news this morning! First, we have Knights and Cavalries pick-up banners! Basically, they're everything, but clustered - the Knights banner is all of the Sabers, Lancers, and Archers, and Cavalry is Riders, Casters, Assassins and Berserkers. I'm honestly a bit annoyed, because if they'd just given a class-specific banner (say, Lancer or Assassin) I would have been so there, but as it stands I doubt I'll take the risk. Keep in mind, though, it is a way to get some choice servants like Waver, Casko, Jack, Orion, Tesla, and Mordred.

More importantly... We're finally getting Strengthening quests! Or, as they're calling them now, "Rank Up Quests". As opposed to Interludes, which tend to either give SQ or an NP upgrade, Strengthening quests can upgrade existing skills, add new skills, or upgrade NPs. By way of example, Spartacus currently has three Strengthening quests in JP - one to upgrade his Honor of the Battered skill from B to B+, one to give him the Triumphant Return of the Sword skill, and one to upgrade his NP from A to A+.

They aren't announcing which ones are in this batch, but if they're anything like JP's layout, here's a list:
    1. Spartacus
    2. Bloodaxe
    3. Sanson
    4. Benkei
    5. Leonidas
    6. Boudica
    7. Martha

Sadly, unless they made changes, this is not the batch with EMIYA.

17. - Top - End - #767

The only one of those I use is Martha, and then not very often cause I have Drake and Marie Antoinette.

Going to skip the banner too, Kara no Kyoukai should be coming up soon according to JP release schedules.

18. - Top - End - #768
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm really hoping this gives Biudica her third skill. I've just been waiting to level that up to use her in earnest.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

19. - Top - End - #769
    Titan in the Playground

Well I did a 10 pull going for Mordred, and it was a crap show. All I got was Another ending and 2 other CEs I don't care about. After that it was a bunch of 3 star lancers
    Show

20. - Top - End - #770
    Troll in the Playground

Well I spent this month's mana prism summon tickets and didn't get much of interest. Kitchen Patisserie is kinda nice, and another Diarmuid is better than another 1 or 2-star servant at least.

Factotum Variants!

21. - Top - End - #771
    Titan in the Playground

I'm really hoping this gives Biudica her third skill. I've just been waiting to level that up to use her in earnest.
    I think it does. If memory serves, the first batch gives Boudica her third skill (a party Arts buff), while the sixth upgrades her NP.

22. - Top - End - #772
    Troll in the Playground

at least i was able to upgrade casko's np to level 2. i'll take 500 more team heal and the ability to overcharge my arts team caster. and yes boudica's first strengthening is her skill. remember to have her ascended 4 times.
    Last edited by NeoPhoenix0; 2018-02-01 at 05:19 PM.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

23. - Top - End - #773
    Ettin in the Playground

I think it does. If memory serves, the first batch gives Boudica her third skill (a party Arts buff), while the sixth upgrades her NP.
    Then I be psyched! Bring on the arts buff!

24. - Top - End - #774
    Troll in the Playground

Well I just finished up Okeanos, so I'm closing in on catching up with the story at the very least. I'm sure I still have some free quests to go through, but otherwise I didn't have much trouble with it at all.

Factotum Variants!

25. - Top - End - #775

BlackDragon

KnK announced for the 8th. Like/share the facebook page for quartz: https://www.facebook.com/FateGO.USA/...7896475033051/
    Last edited by nightwyrm; 2018-02-05 at 11:17 PM.

26. - Top - End - #776
    Troll in the Playground

nice, i'll finally have an assassin, and it'll fit in very well into two of my main teams.

Current avatar by me

27. - Top - End - #777
    Troll in the Playground

Ooh, a crossover event.

Now if only we could somehow get a crossover event with Super Robot Wars, which Nasu is reportedly a big fan of, and one of the producers of SRW worked on FGO.

I would probably actually spend money for the chance to get Sanger Zonvolt as a servant.

Factotum Variants!

28. - Top - End - #778
    Titan in the Playground

Welfare Assassin with a full skill set and NP5? Sign me up.

Sure, I've got Carmilla, but do you know how long it will take to get her Strengthening and her third skill? Because I don't, actually.

Shiki!Sassin is actually pretty good, too. Yeah, she's an Arts-oriented Servant, but she's highly functional. Arts NP that can cause instant death. (Note that if instant death triggers, the NP will not charge her gauge.) A Blue-button skill that pierces invincibility and reduces instant death resist (obviously intended to be your NP setup button). An evade/+crit button. And an NP charging button. (And don't freak out over the HP cost. That's chump change.) Overall, pretty darn solid for a welfare Servant.

Honestly, though, I'm kind of stoked over Shiki!Saber. Her first skill is the same as Shiki!Sassin's (but the debuff is AoE), her second is a version of Heracles' Valor, and her third is the opposite of Shiki!Sassin's third (lose NP, gain HP). Her passives... Are basically a bit of everything. Debuff resist, death resist, crit damage, and performance with all card types. And her NP is a DEF-ignoring AoE with an instant kill chance that also removes the party's debuffs. While, yes, Servants have a high instant-death resist and it's probable that her NP will miss against them, it's highly functional for sweeping powerful non-Servant enemies. On the other hand, if you look at her as a tank, she becomes significantly more viable - her Arts focus means she can charge easily enough, and her third skill at level 10 will restore 5,000 HP on a 4 turn cooldown. That makes her really hard to kill. Which counts for something, because her ATK is the worst among 5-star Sabers; her HP, however, is the best.

Fact is, I still don't have a good Saber. (Dammit, Lily, just stop.) Nero Bride did not answer the call. So I'm kind of considering Shiki. Then again, she's apparently the only featured Servant on the banner, and I don't feel a particular need to pull for a bunch of CEs.

29. - Top - End - #779

Well, I dumped 90 quartz and 6 tickets on this banner. No Saber Shiki. I did get Beowulf and Tanamo Cat, but I already have Kintoki, Lancelot and Herc, so they don't really benefit me at all. At least I had good luck on the event craft essences, that will make farming easier.

30. - Top - End - #780
    Troll in the Playground

I don't have the quartz to go for anything at the moment, and the banner doesn't have what I need when it comes to non-welfare.

As for what I have, here are my current useful non-welfare servants-
    5* - Jack the Ripper (45)
    4* - Nero (68), Atalante (54), Carmilla(53), Tamamo Cat (52), Elisabeth (48), Emiya (41), Heracles (34)
    3* - Medea (60), Kiyohime(50), Cu Chulain (Normal- 45 and Prototype- 40), Ushiwakamaru (43), Medusa (42), Euryale (32)

I have other 3* servants, but those above are the ones I've used until I got 4-stars, or if a fight is only against one class.

And man, just when I thought they couldn't make an event MORE grindy.

Factotum Variants!