New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1474
  1. - Top - End - #1051
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Fate/Grand Order - Are you my Master?

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Spoon View Post
    Yeah, of all those I only have Be Elegant. I use it a lot, but I guess it's not super obvious to me when it's helping.
    Have seen Kaleidoscope mentioned a lot as a great CE, but since I don't have one, knowing how awesome it is doesn't help me much *shrug*
    My Dragon Meridian is a discount version of that, I guess.
    I also got a Dragonkin recently, so discount Heaven's Feel too. Woo!
    Dragon Meridian is a discount version of Imaginary Around which is a discount version of Kaleidoscope.

And the list above leaves off Halloween Princess and doesn't cover the base five star CEs that just flat out boost Arts, Quick, or Buster cards by 30%. Or probably one of the best CEs period which hasn't come out yet, Golden Sumo that increases the equipped Servant's damage (NOT Attack) by a fairly large amount.

CEs make a big difference.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

2. - Top - End - #1052
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    Dragon Meridian is a discount version of Imaginary Around which is a discount version of Kaleidoscope.

And the list above leaves off Halloween Princess and doesn't cover the base five star CEs that just flat out boost Arts, Quick, or Buster cards by 30%. Or probably one of the best CEs period which hasn't come out yet, Golden Sumo that increases the equipped Servant's damage (NOT Attack) by a fairly large amount.

CEs make a big difference.
    I put up my favorites and ya, i missed Halloween Pirncess, which i shouldnt have. Also i had the Quick and Arts 5 star up there, mine just arent limit broke and i dont really use the Buster one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel

3. - Top - End - #1053
    Barbarian in the Playground

Hey 'yall! I'm 025,817, 326. My main claim to fame in the game so far is that I have a level 100 max Fou'd NP3 Vlad. In the process of grinding the bones to get his first skill to 10. I haven't spent money on the game, I've just been playing religiously since release, and for some reason Uncle Vlad really likes me. >.>

Just cleared some room on my friends, although a warning that if you don't log in for 10 days I'll probably clear you off my list.

4. - Top - End - #1054
    Dwarf in the Playground

Well, E Pluribus Unum flew by at half AP cost. Now the slow grind for ascension mats has begun!
    At least I have a few interludes and plenty of free quests to mine for quartz so I don't get bored. Think I'll save up my quartz for now, I threw another summon ticket at the pickup and got a third Geronimo, so, nahhhhhh.
    Intrigued to see how this Raid Event goes, might shake up my playstyle since the rounds have a time limit?

Edit: P.S. Kazikli Bey, more like Kazikli BAE, amirite?

...I'll show myself out
    Last edited by Rusty Spoon; 2018-05-16 at 12:23 AM. Reason: Dad Joke!

5. - Top - End - #1055
    Troll in the Playground

Well I tossed my 4 summon tickets at the Rashomon banner, got some crap and an event CE.

Also, Drunk!Mash is best Mash.

EDIT: Okay looking at the event...how in the world are you supposed to stay alive long enough to kill a 6 million hp Berserker? Apparently unless you spend SQ you can't get enough BP to do the 300 million damage necessary to get all the prizes, unless you can beat the level 3 mission. I mean, clearly you're supposed to use the event CE all maxed out...I guess it's a matter of waiting for a day with the right kind of class on the hands and getting a good support servant from a friend or even bringing 2 supports...who will die the moment the boss breathes on them. I don't get it.
    Last edited by Hunter Noventa; 2018-05-16 at 09:26 AM.
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

Factotum Variants!

6. - Top - End - #1056
    Troll in the Playground

... so cute. it's no wonder she doesn't freak out as much about some things.

edit: also you do not need to finish the raid quest to retain your progress. you get all the damage you do before the turn counter ends.
    Last edited by NeoPhoenix0; 2018-05-16 at 12:44 PM.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

7. - Top - End - #1057
    Bugbear in the Playground

This music is amazing.
    I'm a Prestige Class! Thanks Zaydos!

8. - Top - End - #1058
    Troll in the Playground

Feh, I can't even reliably clear the 2nd level fight. Time to give up on finishing everything and focus on getting what I can.

Factotum Variants!

9. - Top - End - #1059
    Titan in the Playground

Well, now that work has slowed down and my data has sped back up, I can actually run this event. And... honestly, it's pretty straightforward.

Bring your best ST NPs, bring CEs that let them charge quickly, swap those out for event CEs ASAP. Certain NPs - like Jack's or Carmilla's - will do extra damage because this is a Female Servant boss. Make sure to target the boss, not the hands, because you don't want her firing off multiple attacks.

So far, so good, at least from where I'm standing.

EDIT: Spoke too soon. Had a bad round, got thoroughly thrashed by her NP. Bugger. Still, guest Shishou seems to really help.

DOUBLE EDIT: And second-level difficulty is down. Shishou's NP is just that awesome. She is truly a force of nature.

LAST EDIT REALLY: Okay, yeah. Do not attempt level three without your event CEs. That's just... Bleargh. Level two is tight, but manageable with the right team; three is right out.
    Last edited by Red Fel; 2018-05-16 at 02:08 PM.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

10. - Top - End - #1060

I've been finding level two ridiculously easy with a friend's Jalter plus my Altera and Cu for defense debuffs. Level three, on the other hand, I can't get anywhere close to finishing.

11. - Top - End - #1061
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ImperatorV View Post
    I've been finding level two ridiculously easy with a friend's Jalter plus my Altera and Cu for defense debuffs. Level three, on the other hand, I can't get anywhere close to finishing.
    I've gotten the second tier Quest down as well now that I've started getting event CEs. My set up is my Scathach + Anderson + a Support Waver. The goal is to just get off as many Gael Bolgs as possible. I can usually work in clearing off the hands for extra drops as well. My backline is Mash + Herakles + Cu, to in theory try to survive if Scathach gets taken out before she can take Ibraki down. It's decently fun to pilot while not being too involved.

That third tier, though... I just have no clue how you're supposed to do it. Any team that could empty that HP bar is likely to die too fast. Any team that can stall won't do that much more damage than just clearing the second tier repeatedly.
    Last edited by Neon Knight; 2018-05-16 at 06:25 PM.

12. - Top - End - #1062
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Bring your best ST NPs, bring CEs that let them charge quickly, swap those out for event CEs ASAP. Certain NPs - like Jack's or Carmilla's - will do extra damage because this is a Female Servant boss. Make sure to target the boss, not the hands, because you don't want her firing off multiple attacks.
    The problems with that approach are that using Event CEs makes charging NPs before you get killed difficult if not impossible and you need to kill the hands to get the event drops you need to get CEs in the first place.

You really need exactly the right setup to do it properly, and we all know how cooperative gachas are with that. Hell, the battle at 2BP can be tight enough that getting the wrong command cards can spell doom.

Factotum Variants!

13. - Top - End - #1063
    Titan in the Playground

So i used 4 tickets and did one pull. The pull got me two Burning Tales of Love and **** all else. Just gonna save my Quartz for another Jalter banner or summer.
    Show

14. - Top - End - #1064

I spent 15 tickets on this banner, got a Fox Night's Dream and nothing else of note. Gacha is Gacha.

15. - Top - End - #1065
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Neon Knight View Post
    That third tier, though... I just have no clue how you're supposed to do it. Any team that could empty that HP bar is likely to die too fast. Any team that can stall won't do that much more damage than just clearing the second tier repeatedly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Noventa View Post
    The problems with that approach are that using Event CEs makes charging NPs before you get killed difficult if not impossible and you need to kill the hands to get the event drops you need to get CEs in the first place.

You really need exactly the right setup to do it properly, and we all know how cooperative gachas are with that. Hell, the battle at 2BP can be tight enough that getting the wrong command cards can spell doom.
    To be perfectly frank, you cannot do the third tier, at all, until you've got a few Golden Gets the Golden Carps under your belt and a MLB Ushi CE on your primary damage dealer. You shouldn't even be attempting the third tier until you've met those requirements and most people will not be moving past the second tier in the first place. There is nothing wrong with this because there is no welfare servant and the CEs aren't that important or good outside of this event. Its purely a 'if you can do it, do it. If not, don't sweat it.'.

Now, if you want to attempt the third tier? Make sure you have your team in order and your objective clear. Are you going for damage or just trying to survive? For the former, do you have a primary damage dealer and a back up in case of an errant yakuza kick? Do you have good supports on hand so that they are enabled to do the damage that they need to be able to do? Do you have good back-up supports in case the first ones die?

For the later, do you have a way of surviving Ibaraki's NP when it happens? Do you have a way to mitigate Berserker damage throughout the 15 turns? Can you force the attacks to where you want them to go and can you manage your healing and skill cooldowns? Can you? Great, are they the right classes for the hands that'll be showing up? No? No problem, stick to second tier.

Me? I'm waiting until the hands change types before I move on to third tier. I got lucky in the gacha (not Shuten lucky sadly) and I've NP 2 my max level Rama and had a butt ton of event CEs so I JUST MLB'd the Ushi CE and acquired my first Golden Carp. So once the archer hands are gone I'm moving on to third tier cause I am having absolutely NO trouble with 2nd tier with my current set-up of Rama, my Waver, and a back-up Waver. I can NP with Rama whenever I like, its really just the hands that are standing in my way.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

16. - Top - End - #1066
    Dwarf in the Playground

Took me a few attempts to clear the first tier, but now I'm clearing second tier and haven't had any issues.
    Setup is Mash (now with Golden Carp), level 40(?!) Diarmuid with Tales of Wandering, and a support Scathach.
    I do have lots of Evade, Invulnerability and Taunt going to keep my Lancers alive long enough to drop Ibarachi, sometimes I don't even get to use anyone's NP.
    Not even going to attempt third tier yet, might try it for giggles once I'm happy with my rewards.
    Prioritising trade items is going to be my issue, I think. Do I grab more CEs early on, or wait until I can spare some?
    Is it better to MAX out one CE or have four weak ones equipped?

17. - Top - End - #1067
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Spoon View Post
    Took me a few attempts to clear the first tier, but now I'm clearing second tier and haven't had any issues.
    Setup is Mash (now with Golden Carp), level 40(?!) Diarmuid with Tales of Wandering, and a support Scathach.
    I do have lots of Evade, Invulnerability and Taunt going to keep my Lancers alive long enough to drop Ibarachi, sometimes I don't even get to use anyone's NP.
    Not even going to attempt third tier yet, might try it for giggles once I'm happy with my rewards.
    Prioritising trade items is going to be my issue, I think. Do I grab more CEs early on, or wait until I can spare some?
    Is it better to MAX out one CE or have four weak ones equipped?
    You want to prioritize the trade items if you don't want to try for the third tier.

As for the CEs get them first! They will make fighting Ibraki so much easier but here's the thing...you want to MLB the Ushiwakamaru CE as fast as you can. However you want to keep the four copies of the Golden Carp around since the MLB version only counts as two Golden Carps as opposed to the four you'd have otherwise (100% bonus to all team-mates opposed to a 200% bonus to all team-mates).

Now, if you get lucky and get Golden Carps to drop? Definitely MLB one, but make sure you still have back-ups.

18. - Top - End - #1068
    Troll in the Playground

The real issue I'm having is that I can't reliably clear the second tier. Do I spend the 2 BP and risk it, or go back to Tier 1 and not make as much progress, basically is what it boils down too.

And it ends up coming down to the one thing you can't control at all, what command spells you get. If I don't get enough arts in the first stage to build some NP, I can't do it.

Factotum Variants!

19. - Top - End - #1069
    Troll in the Playground

i can survive the third battle but barely, i managed to do 3.5 mil in a round before the battle ended.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

20. - Top - End - #1070

This event has made me realize I have a hole in my lineup: Single target NPs. The only high level single target NP servants I have currently are Shiki, Cu, and Kintoki, who is really fragile for this event and has trouble getting his NP off without a NP charge CE. I'm gonna try to rapid level my lv~40 Robin Hood with the shop embers once I've got enough gourds to safely get those and the event CEs, which should help me a bit later on. But I have a feeling that in the future I'm going to want more single target burst damage servants. Any suggestions? (EDIT: Forgot about my maxed Euryale. Sorry Euryale! She's situational though, so my question still stands.)

In slightly related news, I pulled a 5star off of a summon ticket today! It's... Vanilla Altria. When I already have saber alter and Altera. I mean, I'll level her anyway once I have the time, but would it kill the game to give me gold servants that don't duplicate functionality I already have?
    Last edited by ImperatorV; 2018-05-17 at 03:02 PM.

21. - Top - End - #1071
    Ettin in the Playground

The real issue I'm having is that I can't reliably clear the second tier. Do I spend the 2 BP and risk it, or go back to Tier 1 and not make as much progress, basically is what it boils down too.

And it ends up coming down to the one thing you can't control at all, what command spells you get. If I don't get enough arts in the first stage to build some NP, I can't do it.
    I would stick to the first Tier then. Consistency is important.

22. - Top - End - #1072
    Titan in the Playground

Tier 3 is frustrating me. I can consistently do over 3 million damage and survive about 10 turns. But my backup team is not managing to hold out and once my 1-2 best attackers are out for the count, I'm struggling to do any more damage. Any suggestions for team comps that can handle it? I've got all the 1-3 stars and a reasonably okay selection of 4s and 5s, although I don't have my own Waiver and would have to bring a friend if that's needed.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

23. - Top - End - #1073

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Tier 3 is frustrating me. I can consistently do over 3 million damage and survive about 10 turns. But my backup team is not managing to hold out and once my 1-2 best attackers are out for the count, I'm struggling to do any more damage. Any suggestions for team comps that can handle it? I've got all the 1-3 stars and a reasonably okay selection of 4s and 5s, although I don't have my own Waiver and would have to bring a friend if that's needed.
    If you have Nero and have done all of her interludes, her third skill can guarantee survival for three turns. If you can't get her to turn 13 it doesn't help though.

I've found Cu great in general, because he has a strong single target NP and good defenses.

24. - Top - End - #1074
    Titan in the Playground

This event has made me realize I have a hole in my lineup: Single target NPs. The only high level single target NP servants I have currently are Shiki, Cu, and Kintoki, who is really fragile for this event and has trouble getting his NP off without a NP charge CE. I'm gonna try to rapid level my lv~40 Robin Hood with the shop embers once I've got enough gourds to safely get those and the event CEs, which should help me a bit later on. But I have a feeling that in the future I'm going to want more single target burst damage servants. Any suggestions? (EDIT: Forgot about my maxed Euryale. Sorry Euryale! She's situational though, so my question still stands.)

In slightly related news, I pulled a 5star off of a summon ticket today! It's... Vanilla Altria. When I already have saber alter and Altera. I mean, I'll level her anyway once I have the time, but would it kill the game to give me gold servants that don't duplicate functionality I already have?
    Vlad, virtually any assassin (seriously, level up Cursed Arm Hassan, hes great) Lu Bu, and Ushiwakamaru are solid for single target NPs.
    Show

25. - Top - End - #1075
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlackDragon

If you have Nero and have done all of her interludes, her third skill can guarantee survival for three turns. If you can't get her to turn 13 it doesn't help though.

I've found Cu great in general, because he has a strong single target NP and good defenses.
    Have to avoid Ibaraki's NP though. The NP wipes away Nero's guts.

26. - Top - End - #1076
    Titan in the Playground

Keep in mind that if although Nanaloli's NP wipes away defenses, it does so after damage is calculated - so if you have a source of dodge or invincibility, coupled with a taunt, you can soak the hit with relative impunity. Mash works well for this, since she has both, or you can use EMIYAssassin's targeted taunt, if you have it.

Also, with respect to this event, Berserkers are actually not the best choice. Not only will they take bonus damage against any of her arms, they also have a lower modifier against other Berserkers. It's a weird mechanic, but basically, any non-Berserker class (other than Shielder) will have a higher modifier against a Berserker than a Berserker would. So unless, say, your Vlad has an absurdly high ATK (and he might), consider taking a different class.

Lancers are really good for this. Also Okita. Bananas have potassium, which treats tuberculosis.

The CEs seem to take that into account, too, seeing as Lancers, Assassins, and Ogitamon are generally Quick-oriented.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

27. - Top - End - #1077
    Troll in the Playground

somehow managed to complete a tier three battle, but i don't think it is easily repeatable. I was lasting as long as i could with a waver casko combo supportiing a jack, with a backup jack and mash. beat the 6 mil hp with 2 rounds left. i think i need more golden CEs for my supports

Current avatar by me

28. - Top - End - #1078
    Troll in the Playground

I've got Tier 2 down pretty reliably, at least with regards to lancers. I bring a support Scathach, Jack with Kaleidoscope and Elizabeth along with the Chaldea Combat Gear for 2 attack boosts, 2 quick boosts and a chance of Def Down for an opening nova with Maria the Ripper. From there I can usually manage all right, especially if I get the right command cards for Scath to actually build her NP, since my support has one of the damage boost event CEs. And even if that doesn't quite work i've got Cu with a damage boost waiting in the back line.

Nero is less useful on this tier simply because the hands are Archers and they really hurt her, even if she has her guts.

Factotum Variants!

29. - Top - End - #1079
    Titan in the Playground

Nero is less useful on this tier simply because the hands are Archers and they really hurt her, even if she has her guts.
    Well, good news - they won't be Archers forever! After this phase, they'll switch to Casters.

Which is, admittedly, not good news for people who want to bring Carmilla or Jack, but wonderful news for anybody bringing Ogitamon. And still good news for Shishou.

Personally, I'm still trying to get my ST game off the ground. I mean, my best at this point is still Zerkules, and while he does extremely satisfying damage with his event CE in place, it's a waste of Quick buffs and I know it. But it's either that, or break out my 3-stars, and I'mma be honest, I don't have as much faith in my Cu as others do.

30. - Top - End - #1080
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Well, good news - they won't be Archers forever! After this phase, they'll switch to Casters.

Which is, admittedly, not good news for people who want to bring Carmilla or Jack, but wonderful news for anybody bringing Ogitamon. And still good news for Shishou.

Personally, I'm still trying to get my ST game off the ground. I mean, my best at this point is still Zerkules, and while he does extremely satisfying damage with his event CE in place, it's a waste of Quick buffs and I know it. But it's either that, or break out my 3-stars, and I'mma be honest, I don't have as much faith in my Cu as others do.
    Well I've got Anne/Mary for my ST Rider damage. And Santa Alter. I think I'm okay for Caster phase.

Cu does very well here, though it probably helps that mine is at level 70. He's more survivable than you'd think, though with Jack and support Scatach I usually didn't get to where I needed him to come in, since I put him on the backline.

Factotum Variants!