New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast

Thread: Riverside 19

1. - Top - End - #301
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Riverside 19

[MERC Office - Kids]

Eliseo moves next to them and looks down at the 'demon'. "Why didn't you just knock on the front door like a normal person if you're not spying? Instead of sneaking around like a weirdo."

[The Lotus Gardens - The Sleepover]

Oops, Jillian pulls her hand back and meekly walks over to Charles. "No thank you, sir." She offers the sucker back to him, and if he takes it she'll scurry off to run after the other kids.

"Uh..." Cora looks uncertain for the first time... well since Ariel met her. "I wanna watch the show." Bastion, meanwhile goes right over to the DVDs to look at the pictures on the case. He's interested.

"But I want to swim." Jillian complains. She's been looking forward to swimming!

[Eastside Streets]

"A mage flying on a metallic bird. I think it would be appropriate to get into that when we aren't being pursued." Vax says, impatient now.

[Suncrest Manor]

"I'm pretty sure I don't know any politicians. Not well enough to get a personal invitation. It's kind of weird. I haven't done any work for them." Nadia shrugs her shoulders. "The messenger wasn't very helpful. Just one of those gargoyles."

2. - Top - End - #302
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ilpholin's Residence]

Ilpholin takes the dummy head while shaking her own. There may be just a hint of a smile on her face, but it isn't too apparent. "Don't worry about it. I'll just get him sewed up later I guess." She'll toss the head aside where it rolls unwanted into the corner. "Though if that's how much damage you do just be stretching, I'm almost afraid to see you in action." It is a concerning thought. Ilpholin turns and heads over to a different, more sturdy dummy.

"Right, so unarmed combat isn't my speciality, but a lot of the movements translate well. I'll show you how I do it, then we'll go over it step by step until you can too."

Thus Ilpholin begins dancing around the dummy. It is very fluid, with several spins and sways, such that it is easy to get caught up in just watching her move. The process is both erotic and artistic. Until suddenly her fist is flying to beat against the dummy's chest and one is left wondering how they could get so easily distracted. Smoothly the nymph transfers from dance step to kicking the leg beneath the knee, then flowing away again like water. It is beautiful, though probably decidedly less so from any poor person suffering from the blows showered upon them.

As a whole, the style draws a lot of inspiration from Capoeira, though Ilpholin has heavily modified it to take advantage of her form. Even when she fights she flirts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Ogre in the Playground

MERC Office- Kids

Koshal is silent, taking the offered potion. He carefully feeds it to Faye, glowering at Hekta.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

4. - Top - End - #304
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [DMside]

Mia smiles friendly during the talking. Then nods.

"It's strange to hear such things." she says. " But I guess that is a way to go. I can just say there are too many differences in our beliefs. I don't want to point them out, since I accept that there are differences."
    "May I ask how people worship that god? Are there churches or shrines?"
    Alice nods. "I've noticed some of them already; I'm sure there are more I'd never think of."

"Prayers, small sacrifices, living their lives rightly. There are a few churches - one is right in Westside, and more shrines. A shrine is more private, just between you and the goddess. Churches are more organized, more communal. Both are important, of course."
    "Can I ask you the same question? What does the worship of Deus Mechanicus entail?"

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Southside - Dragon Research]

Ambrosia shakes her head. "Oh, of course not. I wouldn't want to burden you with that as I haven't even the faintest idea where to start yet." Not to mention that she actually accomplished this goal a while ago. She considers for a moment, perhaps...
    "There is something you might find interesting though. I recently learned of the supposed existence of great dragon graveyard. It is said to be located in a part of seaside called, 'the sea of storms', which is apparently extremely dangerous to journey through."
    "Sounds ludicrously useful. And the danger of it makes it kinda believable that it's still there, inaccessible. Someone must have visited or at least seen it to tell tales with any truth to them though." Ruby laughs. "But how much we could accomplish if it were real - if only we were better sailors."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

5. - Top - End - #305
    Bugbear in the Playground

[MERC Office - Kids]

The demon continues to struggle against Iknika as she is tying her feet together.

She is staring at Eliseo now though, and he might note that even now her glare seem to cause nausea and a mild headache if he is looking directly into her eyes. "I didn't-" She first hisses, but then appears to change her mind mid-sentence. "I could show you how I got in, if you untie me." She suddenly promises, her tone now more subdued. Iknika will notice that she also ceases to struggle against her. "Really, I am sorry about your animal, I panicked when it attacked me! I thought it was going to kill me! So if you just free me, I can show you this super-cool passage alright? It's a secret tunnel!"

[The Lotus Gardens - The Sleepover]

"As long it is his choice. The more you push him, the more he is likely to push back. We should just let it come naturally, once he realizes the other children are playing, well, hopefully they aren't too young for him." Cessie argues.

[Suncrest Manor]

"Odd." Irena states as she starts looking for that one bag of chips she knew she kept around here somewhere. "But it's up to you, babe. You wanna go to some fancy party held by people like that?" It had been a while since they been to a public event. But Irena wasn't really a people person and Malechenar was pretty suspicions in her opinion.

Ambrosia nods. "Yes, that's why I haven't been able to investigate it myself sadly. I have been on a boat before, but I can't say that I know the craft, not that I have the money to fund such an expedition. However, I hear there are adventurers going in there looking for treasure from time to time. If you are interested, perhaps you could pay them to bring you dragon bones? It would be expensive of course, but these people are risking their lives."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2017-09-05 at 07:10 AM.

6. - Top - End - #306
    Ogre in the Playground

[Suncrest Manor]

"Not really, but..." Nadia puts her hand on her chin, looking thoughtful. "Maybe we should. Just to see what's going on." She smiles mischievously.

7. - Top - End - #307
    Titan in the Playground

[MERC Office - Kids]

Iknika's eyes narrow and her ears dip.

"Really, now? Seems like you're just trying to weasel your way out now that you've been caught. But we won't fall for it. What's so special about a passage, anyway?"
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

8. - Top - End - #308

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Suncrest Manor]

"Not really, but..." Nadia puts her hand on her chin, looking thoughtful. "Maybe we should. Just to see what's going on." She smiles mischievously.
    [Suncrest Manor]

Irena's eyebrow raises. "You sure? I mean, we could but you know how I am among people, especially fancy people. I don't even know what to dress as." Now she had to put consideration into this...

9. - Top - End - #309
    Ogre in the Playground

[Suncrest Manor]

"I think it might be a good idea. I was hoping you'd have ideas for outfits, though." Nadia giggles a bit. "You usually have creative ideas."

[MERC Office - Kids]

"You gotta cool it, Iknika. It's not like she's trying to hurt anyone. Who cares if she broke in here?" Eliseo shrugs. It sure doesn't mean anything to him.

10. - Top - End - #310

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post

Ambrosia nods. "Yes, that's why I haven't been able to investigate it myself sadly. I have been on a boat before, but I can't say that I know the craft, not that I have the money to fund such an expedition. However, I hear there are adventurers going in there looking for treasure from time to time. If you are interested, perhaps you could pay them to bring you dragon bones? It would be expensive of course, but these people are risking their lives."
    "We have a lot of good places to put resources, but I'll look into it." Ruby says.
    "Is there anything else I can help you with? It's been great of you to come talk to us. Lots to think about."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

11. - Top - End - #311
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Ilpholin's Residence]

Ilpholin takes the dummy head while shaking her own. There may be just a hint of a smile on her face, but it isn't too apparent. "Don't worry about it. I'll just get him sewed up later I guess." She'll toss the head aside where it rolls unwanted into the corner. "Though if that's how much damage you do just be stretching, I'm almost afraid to see you in action." It is a concerning thought. Ilpholin turns and heads over to a different, more sturdy dummy.

"Right, so unarmed combat isn't my speciality, but a lot of the movements translate well. I'll show you how I do it, then we'll go over it step by step until you can too."

Thus Ilpholin begins dancing around the dummy. It is very fluid, with several spins and sways, such that it is easy to get caught up in just watching her move. The process is both erotic and artistic. Until suddenly her fist is flying to beat against the dummy's chest and one is left wondering how they could get so easily distracted. Smoothly the nymph transfers from dance step to kicking the leg beneath the knee, then flowing away again like water. It is beautiful, though probably decidedly less so from any poor person suffering from the blows showered upon them.

As a whole, the style draws a lot of inspiration from Capoeira, though Ilpholin has heavily modified it to take advantage of her form. Even when she fights she flirts.
    [Ilpholin's Residence]

Adir flexes an arm and grabs his bicep, grinning boisterously. "You ain't seen nothin' yet. I'll show you how much I can lift later."

But for now, fighting! He crosses his arms and watches a while. Though Adir isn't a teenager or anything, he does have to put a little bit of effort in not to stare. He laughs a little at any particularly saucy bits, and claps his hands thrice toward the end. "Boy, Ilpholin, I don't think I've got the hips for this," he tells her as he steps forward. He won't dumb it down any as they go over it, though - he keeps in every flourish and twist and sway, no matter how feminine. They might be critical to the form!

He can't compare to the nymph, but Adir certainly isn't graceless, even in this new shape. It's a good idea not to stand too close to him as he steps around the map, flowing left to right, and his long legs swing in such huge kicking arcs. Antlers or not, he looks like a predator. His muscles strain and tense against his skin, their shape most apparent when he's in motion or doing violence.

[Eastside Streets]

"That's far enough!"
    Sticks shouts from the roof's edge, swaying forward on his bird and putting a hand on the construct's neck to steady himself. The towering wizard aims his blasting rod at Vax and company. "Best to back up there, lad," he tells the Hunter, voice conveying urgency and partly-feigned fear. "I'm not at all surprised she doesn't want to explain. The green thing is carrying one of the most dangerous magical weapons of terror I've ever seen. A bottled demon. I think it's needless to say, but letting her go anywhere with it would be..." he narrows his eyes, and it's very apparent even at a distance due to the way they glow. His brow furrows with worry. "Unwise."

"Get away from the Eastsider, Vax,"
    he addresses his enemy at last. "You've hurt enough people tonight."
    Last edited by Murkus; 2017-09-08 at 04:21 PM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

12. - Top - End - #312
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

[Southside - A new woman in DMside]

DMside is still Southside and has been befor the invadrer came to take the land by force. Thought people will call the other fraction 'the Empire' rather then Southside. The way into Dmside is clear. There are checks that scan for immediate danger like weapons or such. after all you can't make a total shutdown and check everyone for everthing. Still Dmside can keep an eye on noticable people. There are big robots guaring the gates and in every street you see one or two robots walking around. One of them sure will have an eye on the newcomer.

After a while a robed person comes to the woman.
    "Hello, Can I help you?"
    "Oh I've been out of town for a long time, and was just wondering if I could find someone to talk to about recent events."
    The woman seems a bit nervous.
    "I hear things aren't exactly, peachy in Riverside. Less so in this part of town."

13. - Top - End - #313

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [MERC Office - Kids]

Iknika's eyes narrow and her ears dip.

"Really, now? Seems like you're just trying to weasel your way out now that you've been caught. But we won't fall for it. What's so special about a passage, anyway?"
    [Suncrest Manor]

"I think it might be a good idea. I was hoping you'd have ideas for outfits, though." Nadia giggles a bit. "You usually have creative ideas."

[MERC Office - Kids]

"You gotta cool it, Iknika. It's not like she's trying to hurt anyone. Who cares if she broke in here?" Eliseo shrugs. It sure doesn't mean anything to him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    "We have a lot of good places to put resources, but I'll look into it." Ruby says.
    "Is there anything else I can help you with? It's been great of you to come talk to us. Lots to think about."
    [MERC Office - Kids]

The demon smiles encouragingly at Eliseo. This might work out after all.
    "It- Its a secret passage, underneath the cellar. That's how I got in." She claims. "And it leads even further into this cave system. Really spooky down there."

[Suncrest Manor]

Irena scratches her head. Now she wanted to come up with ideas for their costumes too? Nadia was so demanding sometimes!
    "That... depends. How much control do you really have over your hair? I never seen you trying out any really outrageous haircut." She remarks. "Could you say, make your hair look like snakes?"
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2017-09-11 at 06:41 PM.

14. - Top - End - #314
    Ogre in the Playground

[Suncrest Manor]

Nadia raises her eyebrows. "I could probably do that. What were you thinking?" Her wife was always so creative.

15. - Top - End - #315
    Titan in the Playground

[MERC Office - Kids]

Iknika glances at Eliseo and shifts awkwardly a bit.

"Well, maybe. I guess. But a knight can't accept bribes from a captured enemy. It's dishonorable."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

16. - Top - End - #316
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    [Ilpholin's Residence]

Adir flexes an arm and grabs his bicep, grinning boisterously. "You ain't seen nothin' yet. I'll show you how much I can lift later."

But for now, fighting! He crosses his arms and watches a while. Though Adir isn't a teenager or anything, he does have to put a little bit of effort in not to stare. He laughs a little at any particularly saucy bits, and claps his hands thrice toward the end. "Boy, Ilpholin, I don't think I've got the hips for this," he tells her as he steps forward. He won't dumb it down any as they go over it, though - he keeps in every flourish and twist and sway, no matter how feminine. They might be critical to the form!

He can't compare to the nymph, but Adir certainly isn't graceless, even in this new shape. It's a good idea not to stand too close to him as he steps around the map, flowing left to right, and his long legs swing in such huge kicking arcs. Antlers or not, he looks like a predator. His muscles strain and tense against his skin, their shape most apparent when he's in motion or doing violence. [/COLOR]
    [Ilpholin's Residence]

"Oh I assure you, you do..." Ilpholin says, as she places her hands on his hips to lead him through the initial steps before stepping away. She doesn't have Adir repeat the entire performance precisely as shown, modifying it so as to accentuate his best features. Though the process is a little experimental. It's a piece of cake to her figuring out which of Adir's features are the most distracting, but figuring out how to incorporate that into a fighting style can be a little trickier. Fortunately she's willing to work the extra hours and repeat those moves until they figure out what fits best. When she remembers to though, she does keep him focused on the core of the style: Flow, dodge, misdirect.

"That dummy sure looks like he's had enough," Ilpholin says after a while, looking at what's left of the third one Adir kicked into oblivion. "Do you think you've got it down enough that you're ready to get some practice in on a real opponent?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

17. - Top - End - #317

Alice nods. "I've noticed some of them already; I'm sure there are more I'd never think of."

"Prayers, small sacrifices, living their lives rightly. There are a few churches - one is right in Westside, and more shrines. A shrine is more private, just between you and the goddess. Churches are more organized, more communal. Both are important, of course."
    "Can I ask you the same question? What does the worship of Deus Mechanicus entail?"
    [DMside]

Mia nods.
    "We know that every machine got a sprit and we have to treat them well. That doesn't mean we use the machines only in a way to prevent harm. Their prupose must be fullfilled, but we do keep an eye on them. Most priests of Deus mechanicus are also a trained worker to check machines or build some on their own.
    Worshippers don't need to be that strict. Deus mechanicus gives us a guideline for our lifes and visiting the church more then twice a year would be good, too."

Quote Originally Posted by TheRedFox201 View Post
    "Oh I've been out of town for a long time, and was just wondering if I could find someone to talk to about recent events."
    The woman seems a bit nervous.
    "I hear things aren't exactly, peachy in Riverside. Less so in this part of town."
    [DMside - NEW lady]

The man nods.
    "I see. Maybe I can help you." he offers. "And you are right. Southside has been through a lot of trouble latly.
    First of the old Southside dissapeared like they knew what was coming.
    Next AMEN attacked Riverside. It wasn't a big deal, but they claimed some ground here in Southside.
    Our High Priestress did so as well and after we took place a flying ship attacked us.
    After some time a new party came here. These 'Invaders' took things by force and everyone that disagreed was fought out or killed. Things got quiet now since Riverside was enlarged."

The man just seems to tell everything as far as he knows it.
    Last edited by Zefir; 2017-09-11 at 03:26 AM.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

18. - Top - End - #318

[Suncrest Manor]

Nadia raises her eyebrows. "I could probably do that. What were you thinking?" Her wife was always so creative.
    "I'll show you." Irena claims as she grabs her cellphone laying on the table in front of her and quickly starts looking up a image.
    She then shows Nadia the screen.

Spoiler: Phone Screen
    Show

"I was thinking something like this."

Ambrosia seems to consider this for a moment. "There was one final question I wanted to ask, and that's what how it feels to be a nephilim. Does it feel any different from what it used to be before these dragon parts were granted onto you? Do you believe that they might be influencing you somehow?"
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2017-09-11 at 07:14 PM.

19. - Top - End - #319

[DMside]

Alice considers this for a few moments.
    "So a machine going unused is a problem too. Interesting. Does he have anything to say about the spirits in living things?"

Ruby grins. "Afraid I can't tell you that second part; I was born like this." 'Born' might not be quite the correct word, but it gets the idea across. "But as for what it's like to be us, it's absolutely fabulous. Like coming out into the sun, constantly. We're well-made: beautiful, strong, capable. We know why we're here, where were came from. I feel a little sorry for other creatures, honestly."

"Could ring up somebody new, if you want."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

20. - Top - End - #320
    Orc in the Playground

Bugside

The abandoned neighbourhood is dominated by the crumbling edifice of the former temple to Dalachrech- a massive termite mound, five storeys high and shaped to vaguely resemble a more conventional cathedral. Symbols of the two-tailed scorpion, the double-ended centipede and the dragonfly have been sprayed onto nearly every wall and surface... But now, all bar the most inaccessible has been defaced and sprayed over with other symbols depicting other gods and faiths- the Black Fist, enmeshed gears and cogs, lotuses and other, stranger symbols. The houses stand empty, following the mass exodus of the Dalachrechian faith from the Nexus in a steady, subtle stream. All that live here now are leftover insects- giant mosquitoes, cockroaches, formerly-domesticated bees and other, weirder things lurk in the darkness.

Something falls from the sky, broadcasting its presence to receptive minds- the lonely, the scared and the vulnerable are what it seeks, and may feel an urge to seek out the desolate surroundings of this formerly-prosperous area. The thing hits the road soundlessly, effortlessly sinking into the tarmac surface. It's a pata, a straight sword fused with a gauntlet with a horizontal hilt. The gauntlet and blade is made of fine, delicately-etched silver, a design resembling vines and leaves creeping up the weapon and decorating every surface.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

21. - Top - End - #321

Default [Bugside]

The best thing about the area around Bugside is that there's no one here. No one except bugs, and they're easy enough to ward off. Mostly. The cultists are gone, the Empire has some superstitions keeping them away from the place. Sure, here and there someone stops by to desecrate the termite-temple, but they don't stick around.

So I assume it's chock full of people wanting to be away from people, much like all of Southside used to be.

At any rate it's got one 'Nadas Xar'Cha' poking around. The ragged mostly-drow mage creeps down the road - somehow he knew just where to find it - and with characteristic thoughtlessness reaches out to slip his hand into the gauntlet and try to draw forth the sword from the tarmac.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

22. - Top - End - #322
    Orc in the Playground

Bugside

Indeed, lots of hermits, beggars and loners-by-choice dwell in what is left of Bugside, though occasionally one goes missing and is never seen again, meaning many loiter here but few of them have moved in permanently. Despite the size of the mosquitoes, few of the houses are sealed tight enough to prevent their entry, and worse invertebrates may lurk in the neighbourhood's crumbling heart.

The pata resists being pulled from the road, and when Nadas grips it, he may sense somebody behind him, with no clues as to their intent. If Nadas turns to see who is there, or runs in fear, then the pata remains in place. If, however, Nadas is so lonely and feels so scared and vulnerable he continues to try and pull the pata free so he is armed, then the weapon will effortlessly slide from the road's surface.

23. - Top - End - #323

Default [Bugside]

It's true; last thing you want is to wake up to a giant mosquito drinking your blood.

Nadas at first tugs more strongly on the sword, thinking it's stuck. "Come out of there, you -"

Someone's right there. And didn't make a sound getting this close. He doesn't have to guess who that is. No point running - where is there to go? There's not a person left in the world to help him. And we saw what happened last time he tried - how many times did he got shot that night?
    "You just can't leave me alone, can you?"
    Well. This sword got him into this situation, maybe it can help get him out. Who would expect him to even have a weapon?
    He drags the blade out and whirls around to confront her.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

24. - Top - End - #324
    Ogre in the Playground

[Suncrest Manor]

"Uh huh?" Nadia raises her eyebrow at Irena. "I think I see your plan now. I dress up just like this, diving neckline and all. Very quick thinking." She winks.

[MERC Office - Kids]

"Enemy? What do you think we're doing here. She's just a scared kid that doesn't want to get in trouble." Eliseo gives Iknika a skeptical look.

The boy crouches down next to the girl. "So what's your name anyway?"

25. - Top - End - #325
    Ogre in the Playground

MERC Office- Kids

"Eliseo, MERC is the cops for half a city. Breaking in and stealing information could put hundreds of people at risk. A few months ago someone snuck into one of the offices and blew it up. People died. So don't be an idiot." Koshal grumbles, uncharacteristically blunt and unforgiving.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

26. - Top - End - #326

Ambrosia makes some notes, quite a flowery description considering she couldn't imagine that Ruby remembering her own birth, or what she felt at that time. Unless of course they were born as adults which wasn't impossible considering the circumstances. "You remember your own birth? Fascinating." She couldn't imagine why anyone would want to make a human-like construct though.
    Unless it was for social reasons of course. The nephilim weren't just beasts of battle after all, and they even seemed to have some of that dragonic arrogance. An attempt of humans to make a better version of themselves perhaps? That seemed more likely considering that they seemed to be not just soldiers, but leaders as well. They had to look pleasing to human aesthetics, something the scholar still struggled with. She had grown up among mostly humans, but she still considered humans not to be very pleasing to the eye. She had done what she could with this body, the shiny armor and the feathers, but it was obviously not the same as a dragon in its full glory, or even simple animal like a bird.

Each one to their own though.

"But I would very much speak to them, if I could." Ambrosia says with a nod.

[Suncrest Manor]

That wink makes Irena smile. "That's just fantasy art for you, I was just talking about the serpents on her head. Not that I'd mind you in something like that." She waggles her eyebrows.

MERC Office- Kids

The demon looks at Eliseo with begging eyes. He probably shouldn't look into them though as it would leave him with a mild headache. "I- I am Hekta. Yes, that's my name." She claims. "And I dun wanna blow anything up. I don't want anything to do with that. Just please don't leave me in jail, they kill people in there, I've been there before!"

27. - Top - End - #327

Default [Southside - Dragon Research]

Well, at least one of Ambrosia's guesses was kinda correct.
    An attempt of humans to make a better version of themselves.
    Why might someone want to make a human-like construct? If they were themselves human! Humans love humans! Humans think humans are great, go on and on about humanity, and to them human-like is just the default.

"Well, not very clearly, of course."
    Ruby nods.
    "Absolutely. Follow me!"

Time for a little walk through town. Careful not to step in any of the wet concrete where new sidewalks are being laid down. Eventually they'll arrive at the Imperial Training Center for Bio-enchanced Cadets. It has the best proportion of recently augmented nephilim for whom 'what was it like being completely human' won't have gotten too far from their mind. Ruby will call one or two of them out from whatever they were doing - running laps? Studying military history? Firebreathing practice?

Actually this whole thing suggests a study they might want to look into. If people do feel influenced by their grafts, is there a consistent difference based on the dragon/element they got their improvements from?
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

28. - Top - End - #328
    Orc in the Playground

Bugside

The sword is pulled easily from the road by Nadas' desperation. As he turns, sword in hand, he'll find the sensation dissipating. In addition, he knows several things about the sword. One, Nadas now owns the pata and will continue to do so until somebody else puts their hand into the gauntlet to hold the hilt. Two, so long as he owns the sword, his healing is improved and he is immune to fear-based magic, and is also protected from bad dreams and nightmares. Three, if he brandishes the weapon above his head, a robed figure of light armed with a pair of katar will appear before him, to help him fight; the light is consistent, Nadas doesn't choose which colour it is (Recaiden does that) and the figure remains until Nadas dismisses them, they are 'killed' (though they can be recreated in the same way as before) or the pata is put down.

Four, the weapon is a gift, and Nadas' use of it is being watched and judged. If the entity thinks Nadas is misusing the pata, it will be taken away.

29. - Top - End - #329

Default [Bugside]

As Nadas turns, two hypotheses compete in his head.
    1: His assailant, Ilpholin, has made herself invisible (which would be a new capability) or used her ninja-like abilities to vanish from sight, probably right behind him. The sword and its sense of a watched gift are probably part of a trap.
    2: This was all a test to see if he's worthy of the sword and there's no one here but him and the mosquitoes.

He keeps turning and scans the area, paying attention to his hearing. But as each passing moment fails to present an axe sinking into his back, he gets enough evidence to settle on '2'.
    Although he was magically made aware of the gift-giver as a separate entity, he directs his gaze and words to the sword, the spot where the blade meets the gauntlet-hilt.
    "No bad dreams? Promise? And since you called me here, what do you want from me?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

30. - Top - End - #330
    Orc in the Playground

Bugside

The sword does not answer Nadas; the sword called him because he was lonely and it wanted to alleviate somebody's loneliness. It is up to him to determine how best to use it, for it was given to him to keep him company.