New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast

Thread: Riverside 19

1. - Top - End - #331
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Riverside 19

Southside- Dragon Research

At the call, one of the cadets scuttled over from pellet pistol training. He's a stocky teenager with maroon hair and amber eyes. He also has the body of a deep red dragon from the waist down. He's complete with a long, muscular tail with a spike on the end. His uniform is clean, mostly, with a shirt, cap, and a vest for his lower half.
    He scuttles right up to Ruby, sticks the pellet gun in a shoulder holster, and salutes.
    "Cadet Master, reporting, Ma'am." he says stiffly.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

2. - Top - End - #332
    Firbolg in the Playground

[Southside - Dragon Research]

Ruby waves expansively - look at this here nephil!
    "Ah, see? Bram here is one of the more, uh, unconventional experiments. With such extensive draconic tissue, if anyone saw effects, I imagine he would."

"Cadet, this is Ms. Ithil, a scholar of dragons. We'd appreciate it if you could answer any questions she has, to help survey what things are like for us."

((Feel free to skip me in conversation here))

[Bugside]

You know, at times someone who would answer is better company.
    Nadas makes some experimental slashes with the sword. He's going to need to practice with this. And get a sheath; can't go holding it all the time. The thought of locking it away somewhere to benefit from clear dreams and even faster healing does cross his mind, but the warrior of light sounds like a truly excellent thing to have avaialable when you get as many attempts on your life as Nadas has become accustomed to. Can't just give that up. So he'll have to find a swordsman, or at least a class...

Holding the pata, he heads east.

[Southside - City Hall]

"Got a report from Raneon - highlights are he wants more money for expanding the highway, and thinks we should get around to bulldozing that giant termite mound. It's otherwise great land, especially with the upcoming tunnel expansion, and it's really hurting our 'streets cleared of giant monsters' metric."

This gets a cursory nod of approval, and then a paper thrown onto a stack.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2017-09-13 at 03:52 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

3. - Top - End - #333
    Orc in the Playground

Bugside

Well, yes. But at least Nadas won't get in any arguments with the weapon and get ostracised from something its creator intended to be a companion that doesn't judge.

It's a pretty unusual weapon, but lessons in how to use it should be available somewhere. Note, it's probably not a good idea to stab with it. It's described as more of a slashing weapon.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

4. - Top - End - #334
    Ogre in the Playground

Northside Tour

Jezebel looks thoughtfully at the picture of the hero before giving a very small but intrigued smile at Celestel. "Why not you?" She asks before her smile broadens slightly. "You're well suited for the role. You can speak, you hold yourself well, and things such as being able to fight or having powers can be trained or mimicked. You're obviously quite trusted by the nobility, so why not?"

The Lotus Gardens - Wenomir & Harnetta

"You're in the presence of Ladies, sir. You'll live being addressed as Lord for now."
    Charles says, sounding a little smug about it as he takes the dishes away.

Once outside, the pair will have to wait just a few moments before Jezebel walks out. She's wearing a light pair of sneakers, black yoga pants, and a grey top. She seems quite happy to be carrying her blade again, and while she carries it she swings it back and forth slowly to stretch out her arms and back some. In her other hand she carries three wristlets that she'll pass out to the other two. "Dueling fields. Nothing fancy as they're incredibly short lived, but they'll blunt the blows. It'll still hurt mind you, but not greatly." She explains before putting it on her wrist and stepping away to finish her stretches. "It has been far too long since I've swung this." She admits.

The Lotus Gardens - Mia

"Food and water we can provide with ease, and the borders of The Gardens will always be open in case your people would like to come and sell their wares as well. Usually there are permits required, but we can waive them in your case."
    Jezebel decides. "At this time however, I don't think there is anything specific that we require, but in general most people will be more than pleased to buy anything you're selling."

The Lotus Gardens - Sleepover

The butler gladly takes the sucker from Jillian. "I'll be sure to find something that better suits your tastes, Lady Mithar." He promises her with a bow before heading off to the kitchen.

"Perhaps, but there is something he wishes for enough that I agreed that if he gets a little more sociable, I'll pick it up for him so it is a fair trade."
    Jezebel supposes before smiling a bit. "Is there anything you'd like to do once we get you settled into a guest room? We really do have that pool now if you'd like to swim." She asks, leading the way.

Ariel frowns, thinking furiously as she tries to come up with a plan on how to appease everyone. After a moment, she claps her hands. "Okay!" She decides before taking in a deep breath and yelling. "BROOOOOOTHERRRRRR!!!" She shouts, amazingly loud for a girl that would hardly speak when she first arrived.

After a few moments, the door flies open as Sergei races in, wondering what's going on. When he sees the others he lets out a breath and slumps a bit, glad to see that his sister was okay but also groaning over being called so suddenly. "Wh-What is it?" He asks, tugging at his black long-sleeve shirt a bit as he feels uncomfortable when he's not heavily dressed. Apart from the shirt, he was just wearing tan trousers and his belt. And a single sock. He'd either been dressing or undressing when his sister called.

Ariel ignores him for moment, turning to the others. "We can split up if we want. Some can go swimming with Sergei while the rest of us watch shows? And then we can swap!" She proposes.

Eastside Streets

The Hunter is about to respond when a man on a rooftop begins to threaten, provide exposition, and wave a blasting rod around. Before Sticks gets half through his speech however, the Hunter responds, dropping the flaregun and pulling out a sleek black pistol with a sealed barrel. With will practiced ease and speed he has it pointed right at Sticks. "Put down the blasting rod right now!" He says, his voice suddenly booming through the street. A small pin on his coat's collar glows as he speaks, amplifying his voice.
    "Wave that again and you will be face-first in the asphalt and I will not be there to break your fall. This will be your only warning."
    Last edited by UncleWolf; 2017-09-14 at 11:13 AM.

5. - Top - End - #335
    Titan in the Playground

[The Lotus Gardens - Wenomir & Harnetta]

Wenomir sighs, but decides to argue about it later. He will not accept being called "lord", but that can wait. He arrives at the duelling field, puts on the bracelet and picks out a longsword.

"I swing weapons all too often. I'm ready when you are," he says, stretching himself. He does feel a bit sore after the *cough* night-time activities.

[MERC Office - Kids]

"If she didn't want trouble, why did she break in?" Iknika sounds unconvinced. "And what do you mean, they kill people in jail?"
    Last edited by Morty; 2017-09-14 at 11:42 AM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

6. - Top - End - #336
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Southside - Dragon Research]

Ambrosia bows before she addresses Bram. "An honor, Mr. Master."

Northside Tour

Celestel just stares at Jezebel for a moment before she suddenly laughs. "You have a strange sense of humor, lady Jezebel. You remind me of Lord Ryhe, you would get along well together I believe. He's the only one I know that pulls things like that."

Eastside Streets

Nazaan is already showing his hands, the wisps that swarmed around him all gone. He certainly doesn't want to appear a threat now.

The gorgon on the other hand is confused, now he pulled a weapon? She wasn't being paid enough for this political bull****. But it wasn't like she could do anything, not yet. But she will make her presence more obvious by stretching out a bit. Malechenar had a presence, even here.

Meanwhile, Zhareen's eyes starts opening. "Vax....?"

7. - Top - End - #337
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    MERC Office- Kids

"Eliseo, MERC is the cops for half a city. Breaking in and stealing information could put hundreds of people at risk. A few months ago someone snuck into one of the offices and blew it up. People died. So don't be an idiot." Koshal grumbles, uncharacteristically blunt and unforgiving.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    MERC Office- Kids

The demon looks at Eliseo with begging eyes. He probably shouldn't look into them though as it would leave him with a mild headache. "I- I am Hekta. Yes, that's my name." She claims. "And I dun wanna blow anything up. I don't want anything to do with that. Just please don't leave me in jail, they kill people in there, I've been there before!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [MERC Office - Kids]

"If she didn't want trouble, why did she break in?" Iknika sounds unconvinced. "And what do you mean, they kill people in jail?"
    [MERC Office - Kids]

"Pfft, don't be such a drama queen." Eliseo rolls his eyes. Jumping to worst case scenarios is just dumb. "Listen, Hekta. I'm Eliseo. How about you tell me where this secret entrance is? How'd you find it anyway?"

[Suncrest Manor]

That wink makes Irena smile. "That's just fantasy art for you, I was just talking about the serpents on her head. Not that I'd mind you in something like that." She waggles her eyebrows.
    [Suncrest Manor]

"Mmhm, and what would you wear? We should match, you know." Nadia says. Ah her wife. A total pervert through and through.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleWolf View Post

The butler gladly takes the sucker from Jillian. "I'll be sure to find something that better suits your tastes, Lady Mithar." He promises her with a bow before heading off to the kitchen.

"Perhaps, but there is something he wishes for enough that I agreed that if he gets a little more sociable, I'll pick it up for him so it is a fair trade."
    Jezebel supposes before smiling a bit. "Is there anything you'd like to do once we get you settled into a guest room? We really do have that pool now if you'd like to swim." She asks, leading the way.

Ariel frowns, thinking furiously as she tries to come up with a plan on how to appease everyone. After a moment, she claps her hands. "Okay!" She decides before taking in a deep breath and yelling. "BROOOOOOTHERRRRRR!!!" She shouts, amazingly loud for a girl that would hardly speak when she first arrived.

After a few moments, the door flies open as Sergei races in, wondering what's going on. When he sees the others he lets out a breath and slumps a bit, glad to see that his sister was okay but also groaning over being called so suddenly. "Wh-What is it?" He asks, tugging at his black long-sleeve shirt a bit as he feels uncomfortable when he's not heavily dressed. Apart from the shirt, he was just wearing tan trousers and his belt. And a single sock. He'd either been dressing or undressing when his sister called.

Ariel ignores him for moment, turning to the others. "We can split up if we want. Some can go swimming with Sergei while the rest of us watch shows? And then we can swap!" She proposes.
    [The Lotus Gardens - Sleepover]

There's some murmured agreement from the kids and they divide up. Bastion seems a bit uncertain, but he'll get to go swimming like he wants. Without Cora ruining it! "Come on Jillian. We can go swim." He's gotta keep a close watch on his little sister.

"Turn on the show, Ariel!" Cora urges once things are decided. She finds the nearest soft seat and jumps onto it.

Eastside Streets

The Hunter is about to respond when a man on a rooftop begins to threaten, provide exposition, and wave a blasting rod around. Before Sticks gets half through his speech however, the Hunter responds, dropping the flaregun and pulling out a sleek black pistol with a sealed barrel. With will practiced ease and speed he has it pointed right at Sticks. "Put down the blasting rod right now!" He says, his voice suddenly booming through the street. A small pin on his coat's collar glows as he speaks, amplifying his voice.
    "Wave that again and you will be face-first in the asphalt and I will not be there to break your fall. This will be your only warning."
    Eastside Streets

Nazaan is already showing his hands, the wisps that swarmed around him all gone. He certainly doesn't want to appear a threat now.

The gorgon on the other hand is confused, now he pulled a weapon? She wasn't being paid enough for this political bull****. But it wasn't like she could do anything, not yet. But she will make her presence more obvious by stretching out a bit. Malechenar had a presence, even here.

Meanwhile, Zhareen's eyes starts opening. "Vax....?"
    [Eastside Streets]

"That would be our pursuer." Vax would say more, but her wife's stirrings draw her full attention. "Zhareen. Don't move just yet. You were knocked unconscious." The hunter may not have noticed Zhareen yet due to the way Vax was basically enveloping her, but the dim sort of unfolds expose Zhareen.

8. - Top - End - #338
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Lotus Gardens - Wenomir & Harnetta]

Harnetta finds a place nearby to watch the fight, "Make sure to leave him in one piece, Jezebel!" the half-dragon calls out, grinning.

((I can be skipped during the fight))
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

9. - Top - End - #339
    Ogre in the Playground

The Lotus Gardens - Dueling Grounds

Jezebel takes a few more moments to stretch her arms, back, shoulders, and legs. She's rather flexible all in all and she lets out a small pleased sigh when she's finished. She takes another moment to activate her weapon and when it begins to hum and whir quietly as the chains begin to spin, she gives it a warm smile. Her right hand grips where it is supposed to, and she thumbs a small pressure switch right next to her hand before holding her left arm out in front of her horizontally. The side of the weapon rests on top, allowing her to hold it level pointed towards Wenomir. She gives him a moment to prepare himself, but when he's ready she charges forward.

She keeps her arm in place for support of the heavy weapon, thrusting as she charges right at Wenomir, and a change of pressure in her grip causes the chainblades to scream in fury as they accelerate to full speed. The sound is incredibly loud and intimidating, especially when it comes from hundreds of double-hooked edged chain-teeth.

Northside Tour

"I don't believe I heard a yes or no at the suggestion just yet."
    Jezebel points out to Celestel with a wry smile, wondering what her answer would be to the suggestion.

10. - Top - End - #340
    Titan in the Playground

[The Lotus Gardens - Dueling Grounds]

Wenomir was expecting a lot, but the screaming noise of the chain blades makes him flinch just a little bit. Enough for his planned pre-emptive strike to arrive too late, forcing him to side-step Jezebel instead, trying to get behind her. Even surprised, though, his step is nimble and he flows out of thee way of the chiainsword like so much water.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

11. - Top - End - #341
    Ogre in the Playground

The Lotus Gardens - Dueling Field

Jezebel had expected Wenomir to potentially stand his ground and try to counter with a horizontal strike or a thrust of his own, but this was better for her. She gives her left wrist a small pop upwards, flipping her blade over so the edge was pointed back towards Wenomir. At the same time, she rotates her arm, exposing the inside dangerously close to the chainblades so she can cup the weapon in her hand so she can pull it. She pulls the weapon as she digs in her left heel, allowing her to twist quickly and bring the weapon back towards the swordsman. The reach was far shorter than the thrusting charge, but it was no less deadly.

Wenomir would probably consider it an incredibly reckless and stupid move as it means the whirling blades of death are pointed right at her own body, but she's well practiced with it and smiling happily as she swings the blade towards his direction.

12. - Top - End - #342
    Halfling in the Playground

[Eastside Streets]

Sticks keeps his face carefully neutral as he raises his blasting rod, whirls it in his fingers, and drops it into a loop at his belt. "Peace," he shouts down to the hunter, holding his hands up palms-out. "Are you hearing what I'm saying? She is going to step on you if you don't help her. And she's going to carry a magical bomb into your district, one way or the other. Do you understand?"

"The witch isn't even denying it. She knows what she's done. She can't even acknowledge she's putting your people at risk."
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

13. - Top - End - #343

Northside Tour

Celestel raises an eyebrow, not expecting to actually be called on it. "No, I don't believe so. I'm an administrator, lady Jezebel. I've lived a far too comfortable life to suddenly put myself through anything like that. Can you just imagine me swinging around like that? I wouldn't know if I'd laugh or feel depressed." She does smile though. "Would you do that yourself? I know that you, unlike me, is no stranger to fighting."

[Suncrest Manor]

"I could go as a dragon, or maybe a troll?" Irena suggests. "Don't want to wear too much face paint though." She pauses. "But hey, why don't you decide what I should wear? I could always be one of your petrified victims." A beat. "Since gorgons turn people to stone with their gaze." How did a wife of hers not know these things?!

Cessie glances upwards as she can't help but to hear Ariel scream. Hopefully they weren't causing too much of a mess up there. She knew what could happen if you put too many children in one place. "Oh, I'm quite fine with just talking. I didn't bring along any swimwear anyway. I'm not much for that sort of thing." She admits. "The children might enjoy it though."

14. - Top - End - #344
    Titan in the Playground

[The Lotus Gardens - Dueling Field]

This time, Wenomir does stand his ground and wait for the chainsword to approach. When it does, he actually steps forward to meet it, snapping his own sword not in front of the chain-blade, but behind it. He makes a rapid circular pattern with the weapon, pushing it in the same direction Jezebel is swinging. He's trying to add just enough force to it that she overbalances and the blade misses him. Should it succeed, he tries to close the distance and make an overhead chop at her shoulder, before she can bring her massive weapon back for another strike or parry.

15. - Top - End - #345

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Ilpholin's Residence]

"Oh I assure you, you do..." Ilpholin says, as she places her hands on his hips to lead him through the initial steps before stepping away. She doesn't have Adir repeat the entire performance precisely as shown, modifying it so as to accentuate his best features. Though the process is a little experimental. It's a piece of cake to her figuring out which of Adir's features are the most distracting, but figuring out how to incorporate that into a fighting style can be a little trickier. Fortunately she's willing to work the extra hours and repeat those moves until they figure out what fits best. When she remembers to though, she does keep him focused on the core of the style: Flow, dodge, misdirect.

"That dummy sure looks like he's had enough," Ilpholin says after a while, looking at what's left of the third one Adir kicked into oblivion. "Do you think you've got it down enough that you're ready to get some practice in on a real opponent?"
    Ilpholin's Residence]

Hopefully amidst the litany of distracting gestures and movements they do manage to drill the core principles into Adir's head. Though a little fatigued, he does look and feel confident at the end. Every part of his feet aches. He's never quite felt that before.

"So, not bad?"
    Adir asks, also glancing at the dummy. He blinks. "Uh. You don't mean practice like that, right? I could hurt somebody. Who did you have in mind?" Surely not Ilpholin? It's Mr. Squiggles. Gotta be.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

16. - Top - End - #346
    Ogre in the Playground

MERC Office

"Drama queens are the ones who believe the first sob story they hear after someone steals and attacks you." Koshal grumbles.

Southside- dragon research

Bram turns to the lady. He isn't really sure what sort of person she is.
    "So...you had questions for me, Miss?" he asks, not correcting her.

17. - Top - End - #347

MERC Office

"I didn't break in!" Hekta insists. "I, uh, fell down a well." She admits sheepishly. "I thought I saw something shiny in there and I leaned over..." A beat. "But then I managed to climb into this hole and it ended up in a tunnel that took me here." Eventually. "So I totally didn't break in. I'm completely innocent!"

Southside- dragon research

Ambrosia smiles at Bram. "Indeed, I'm just going to take a seat here..." If there is one, she is going to sit down. "Let me start off by asking if you know what type of dragon that you've been fused with? if so, what type? I'd like as much information you can think of."

18. - Top - End - #348
    Ogre in the Playground

"It's a red dragon. Probably grown from samples collected by the scientists. A lot of the other cadets are Reds. But we don't get a whole lot of specifics." Bram explains. His tail gently taps against the stones.

19. - Top - End - #349
    Titan in the Playground

[MERC Office]

"So the tunnel just leads to a well?" Iknika sounds unimpressed. "But if you fell in here by accident... we should wait for Dena to call that Jezebel lady."

20. - Top - End - #350
    Ogre in the Playground

[Suncrest Manor]

Nadia laughs. "Oh that's right. That'd be funny. You could practice your horrified looks." Nadia looks her up and down. "Maybe you were a startlingly beautiful hero coming to slay me, only to meet a tragic fate."

[MERC Office]

"I don't really care what Dena wants. What is she, my mom?" Eliseo rolls his eyes. "Come on, let's get her to show us this tunnel. I bet it'd be cool."

21. - Top - End - #351
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    Ilpholin's Residence]

Hopefully amidst the litany of distracting gestures and movements they do manage to drill the core principles into Adir's head. Though a little fatigued, he does look and feel confident at the end. Every part of his feet aches. He's never quite felt that before.

"So, not bad?"
    Adir asks, also glancing at the dummy. He blinks. "Uh. You don't mean practice like that, right? I could hurt somebody. Who did you have in mind?" Surely not Ilpholin? It's Mr. Squiggles. Gotta be.
    [Ilpholin's Residence]

"Not bad," Ilpholin assures Adir. Before raising an eyebrow. " Yes, like that." So long as that means two opponents using similar moves against each other to learn. "And of course you could hurt someone. This is real life. Are you a knight or not? And really? Do you see anyone else here?" She wouldn't dare have Adir spar with Mister Squiggles. Mister Squiggles might get squished.

Ilpholin steps up to Adir, intently staring up at him. This isn't as face to face as she likes, even when she's standing on the tip of her toes, but she tries. "Or did you mean to suggest you might actually break me?" The fiery nymph asks, searching his eyes. "You can't. Larger, stronger men than you have tried to split me in twain." If dragons can be called men. "Hmph. Just for thinking that, you have to accompany me to the monster costumed ball party Malechenar invited me to." A fitting punishment for his hubris no doubt.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2017-09-18 at 04:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

22. - Top - End - #352
    Ogre in the Playground

[MERC Office]

Koshal sputters. "You just said, two minutes ago, that Jezebel sent you to spy. And now you're saying it was totally an accident." he says, flabbergasted, and he turns to the others.
    "Please tell me you're not buying this. She just wants you to untie her so she can turn invisible and run away."

23. - Top - End - #353

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Ilpholin's Residence]

"Not bad," Ilpholin assures Adir. Before raising an eyebrow. " Yes, like that." So long as that means two opponents using similar moves against each other to learn. "And of course you could hurt someone. This is real life. Are you a knight or not? And really? Do you see anyone else here?" She wouldn't dare have Adir spar with Mister Squiggles. Mister Squiggles might get squished.

Ilpholin steps up to Adir, intently staring up at him. This isn't as face to face as she likes, even when she's standing on the tip of her toes, but she tries. "Or did you mean to suggest you might actually break me?" The fiery nymph asks, searching his eyes. "You can't. Larger, stronger men than you have tried to split me in twain." If dragons can be called men. "Hmph. Just for thinking that, you have to accompany me to the monster costumed ball party Malechenar invited me to." A fitting punishment for his hubris no doubt.
    [Ilpholin's Residence]

Adir's eyebrows knit together as Ilpholin steps up to him. Aw, geeze. He would snicker at her having to go up on the tips of her toes, but he's trying to be respectful! Plus, he would prefer not to admit, she is pretty intimidating. Though a jest does start to bubble up despite it all, on reflex... "You know us big, strong men can't help worrying about our more fragile-- what did you say?" Adir blinks. "We're going to a costume party?"

Adir grins. "That was... smooth. Uh. Sure, Ilpholin. If it will repair our relationship," he nods placatingly. "And... hmmm... if you can beat me in some of this sparring you want to do." He nods, much more emphatically.

[Wildside]

Sticks arrives here! And looking more alive than he has in some time. His eyes are twinkling faerie lights. His metal limbs and the replicated portions of his face are startling polished gold instead of worn iron. His previously pneumonia-blue skin is pale now, supple-seeming, almost alive again. He relishes looking like a proper elf after centuries as something else, even if there's still so much metal.

Sticks is carrying his new staff, and wearing his wizard's vestments. His scarlet hair is combed and neat. His deliberately shabby patchwork cloak hangs from his shoulders to his bare feet. He figures if he goes in a little ways, Lenai will find him rather than the other way around.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

24. - Top - End - #354
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    [Ilpholin's Residence]

Adir's eyebrows knit together as Ilpholin steps up to him. Aw, geeze. He would snicker at her having to go up on the tips of her toes, but he's trying to be respectful! Plus, he would prefer not to admit, she is pretty intimidating. Though a jest does start to bubble up despite it all, on reflex... "You know us big, strong men can't help worrying about our more fragile-- what did you say?" Adir blinks. "We're going to a costume party?"

Adir grins. "That was... smooth. Uh. Sure, Ilpholin. If it will repair our relationship," he nods placatingly. "And... hmmm... if you can beat me in some of this sparring you want to do." He nods, much more emphatically.
    [Ilpholin's Residence]

Ilpholin's eyes narrow briefly. Adir's lucky he didn't finish that joke. "Yes, well, not today of course. It's on [future day]," Wherein future day is whenever Malechenar throws open the gates. "So you have time to pick a costume out and get it in order and all."

She rolls her head a little, loosening up her shoulders as she takes some steps backwards, towards a more open area without so many training dummies. "Which we could have worked on instead. Here I was, about to give you a pass." Then Adir had to make it conditional. Make it a competition.

"Alright. If this is going to have stakes, name your prize." Such affairs can't be one sided after all. Ilpholin begins to bob on her feet which are not nearly as tired yet.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2017-09-19 at 12:24 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

25. - Top - End - #355

Not something she had already realized considering Bram's scales, though she wouldn't really demand him knowing exactly what species of dragon that had been infused into him. "Do you remember if you felt any different back when you didn't have dragon parts infused into you? As in, do you think the dragon in you make you feel any different?"

[Malechenar Party - Streets]

The otherwise gated community underneath Malechenar castle has for a short time opened its gate to the city outside. By which they mean they have opened themselves up to a number of selectively invited guests.

The guards by the gate haven't, despite their pumpkin-like masks, given up their duty after all. Most people that think the castle is suddenly open to everyone will be disappointed. Only those with an invite (or capable of getting past security) will be allowed inside.
    At most houses, servants are putting up spooky decorations as the nobles appear eager to try on nexus customs by decorating their homes with the most colorful ornaments you can buy in the local stores. Of course, some of them can't resist trying to outdo the others by making decorations of their own such as unnaturally large gourds carved as jack-o-lanterns that need fences around them. A enormous figure all dressed in black that walk around the yard at one of the manors, a giant swarm of colorful bats that hang from the roof of one of the buildings like decorations from an completely different season altogether.

Of course, what most guests will be looking for is the entrance to the castle itself. Normally, there is a floating platform in the middle of the town square that takes visitors up to Malechenar castle, but with so many guests arriving, they have temporarily replaced this with the statue of a gargoyle. This gargoyle has a wide open mouth that contains a portal leading straight to the dance hall itself.

[Malechenar Party - Castle Overview]

The guests will enter through the gargoyle's mouth into a great dance hall located right next to a smaller banquet hall. There is also a door leading into the hall of whispers.
    Finally, guests will also be allowed to visit the gardens next to the hall of whispers.

As for the dance hall itself, it's a colorful room filled with grand paintings of nobles, landscapes and monsters. Several chandeliers hang from the ceiling and a huge glass balcony along with several huge windows allow the guests to overlook the most beautiful parts of riverside. There are servants and entertainers here dressed in colorful masks, just waiting to attend to the guests needs.

The hall of whispers is a hub of smaller rooms intended for comfort and more private interactions, whatever they might be. Each room is furnished with elegant beds, tables, armchairs, etc. and finally containers filled with interesting "toys", should anyone be so inclined. Each room has a bell that if rung, will call servants to attend to the guests needs.

In the banquet hall servants are standing ready to start serving once all guests have arrived. All manner of snacks is already available for those who already are feeling peckish. However, dinner will soon be served so don't eat too much. The silken table cloth is deep blue in color and all wast display of cutlery at each seat golden with red handkerchiefs for each guest.

The gardens are filled with all sort of exotic plantlife, not to mention fields filled with various types of grain that Malechenar appears to be cultivating. It is all fulled by the beams of a artificial sun located in upper center of the dome the gardens are located inside.

Guests will not be allowed to stray any further than these fours areas, thought they could attempt to somehow get past the guards blocking the other sections of the castle.

[MERC Office]

Hekta frowns. These people were so slow!
    "It doesn't just go to a well! It goes deeper!" She first tells Iknika. "And yeah, Jezebel wants me to tell her what I see, but she didn't send me here. I go where I want, and I tell her what I want! She's not the boss of me." She sticks out her tongue as if the mere use of the word was disgusting to her. "Come on! I dun't lie!"

[Suncrest Manor]

Irena smiles. "If you think that counts as a monster, then I guess it could work." She pauses. "Maybe I could be a heroic petrified wererat, or something."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2017-09-23 at 04:07 AM.

26. - Top - End - #356
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post

[DMside - NEW lady]

The man nods.
    "I see. Maybe I can help you." he offers. "And you are right. Southside has been through a lot of trouble latly.
    First of the old Southside dissapeared like they knew what was coming.
    Next AMEN attacked Riverside. It wasn't a big deal, but they claimed some ground here in Southside.
    Our High Priestress did so as well and after we took place a flying ship attacked us.
    After some time a new party came here. These 'Invaders' took things by force and everyone that disagreed was fought out or killed. Things got quiet now since Riverside was enlarged."

The man just seems to tell everything as far as he knows it.
    [DMside - NEW lady]
    The woman seems to consider what this person has said.
    "Seems people are just trying to figure out the new status quo. I wonder... does AMEN still retain ground here, or were they elbowed out by these new Invaders?"

27. - Top - End - #357

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    [DMside]

Alice considers this for a few moments.
    "So a machine going unused is a problem too. Interesting. Does he have anything to say about the spirits in living things?"
    [DMside]

It's not that simple, but Mia leaves it that way.
    "That depends." she says. "He sure has a word over his followers in general as every god, as far as I know. With the addition that any cyborg falls under his judgement. Also any machine spirit will be judged by him."

The Lotus Gardens - Mia

"Food and water we can provide with ease, and the borders of The Gardens will always be open in case your people would like to come and sell their wares as well. Usually there are permits required, but we can waive them in your case."
    Jezebel decides. "At this time however, I don't think there is anything specific that we require, but in general most people will be more than pleased to buy anything you're selling."
    The Lotus Gardens - Mia

"That sounds good." Mia replies. "We should maybe write things down. For now I think we are on a good way."

Quote Originally Posted by TheRedFox201 View Post
    [DMside - NEW lady]
    The woman seems to consider what this person has said.
    "Seems people are just trying to figure out the new status quo. I wonder... does AMEN still retain ground here, or were they elbowed out by these new Invaders?"
    [DMside - NEW lady]

"As far as I know, they have abonded the area. There has been some change in leadership, but I'm not sure what their current status is." the man says. "A woman has taken the place over as far as we could see."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

28. - Top - End - #358
    Firbolg in the Playground

[DMside]

Alice gets a bit of a stern look to her face, amused at the same time. Maybe the machine god can judge her forges and exocortices and repair cells for how well they performed their functions, but to judge her? She insists that only one deity could do that.
    "It's good that you're here in our world." is what she says. "Your own must be a difficult place."
    She's quiet for a moment as a thought strikes her and her machinery grinds through possibilities.
    "Does your church have anything to say about the end of the world?"

[Malechenar Party - Streets]

The General of southside arrives at the meeting place she arrived with Mia, not quite at the gates yet. Two mostly ceremonial guards have come this far with her, an orc and a black-scaled nephil.
    Skye herself is nearly unrecognizable in her costume: she wears a cloak of feathers in all the colors of the sunrise, a fierce beaked mask, and is surrounded by traces of floating whispering flame. A phoenix. She also seems to have found a few extra inches of height - very high-heeled talon-shoes? Or perhaps those are her feathers, and her talons, and for Halloween she really is a sort of bird.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

29. - Top - End - #359
    Titan in the Playground

[MERC Office]

Iknika "Hmph"s with great scepticism.

"Every liar says they don't lie. I don't think I trust you. We captured you fair and square and you're trying to weasel out of it."

30. - Top - End - #360
    Ogre in the Playground

The Lotus Gardens - Mia

"I can do you better than simply writing something down."
    Jezebel says as she pulls a small silver ring from her finger to hold out to Mia. She'll see that it is a signet ring with a lotus blossom inside of a diamond. "This doesn't grant any sort of real power within the Lotus Gardens, but it will allow free trade and respect that you may not get otherwise. Take it, with my blessing, and perhaps we'll see each other again soon." Jezebel says.

Once the ring is taken, unless Mia has something else to add, Jezebel will let her leave to return to her own people.

The Lotus Gardens - Dueling Field

Jezebel's blade is pushed, the heavy weapon sliding over her arm and bringing the chains dangerously close to her own flesh, but a she shoves the blade forward slightly so its own weight can drag it into the ground and dig it in. It leaves her almost defenseless for a moment, but she remains mobile enough to barely skirt herself out of the way of the blade by dropping her entire body down. She uses the Eviscerator as her anchor and pole as she holds onto the grip, kicks her legs out in front of her, and slips around it low to the ground. With her hands off the pressure triggers themselves, the chains stop spinning for the moment, allowing her to safely pull off the move provided she's cautious about how she avoids the chainblades themselves, and as she pivots, Wenomir will have to look out for a snap kick aimed at the outside of his right knee.

Whether she hits him or not, she'll complete the spin until she's back behind her blade, hands on the grip and with her shoulder pressed against the backside of it, ready to defend herself once more.

"I..."
    Sergei starts before giving a sigh and rubbing his face. "Alright, let me go change and I'll take them out back to the pool. If anyone needs another pair of swimming trunks, I have some that should fit." He adds, in case the kids didn't bring their own. Either way, after everyone who is going swimming changes(showing Bastion to the bathroom to do so), he'll be waiting in the hallway wearing blue swimming trunks and an oversized matching t-shirt. He also has a set of towels for everyone as well as goggles if they want them!

He'll lead the pair down the stairs and out the back where they'll find the pool waiting for them. Sergei will let the other two enter the pool before him as he gets things ready on the side, and he's even nice enough to throw a beach ball and a pair of floating tubes in there too! Afterwards however, he seems to hesitate for a good long while before taking in a deep breath and removing his shirt. Underneath, he sports a long and ugly scar, an inch wide and fresh pink from the base of his throat all the way down to his navel. It has been pulled taut from his growth and looks a little painful, but after the shirt is gone he slips into the water with a hiss as he tries to get used to it.

Ariel rolls her eyes at her brother before he leaves, and once it is just her and Cora, she puts the show on and settles in as the cheesy intro sequence begins to play. Right after she settles in of course, she gets back up to get a bowl of chips to place between her and Cora before sitting back down again, and moments later Cora will feel something brush against her knee, wanting to be picked up. It looks like a small grey slime with cat ears and a similar tail. It sits there purring, wanting to be picked up and held while the show plays. The show itself is horribly cliche, not that the kids will know it, and the first show has a rather familiar scarred swordsman seeking out comrades to fight the world's evils and to bring together a group of special individuals. Including a rather familiar looking fire-based sorceress, but whether Cora will recognize who it is supposed to be is another thing entirely.

The guestroom that Cessie is guided to is well furnished but not over-the-top with a large four-post bed, thick dark green and silver carpeting, and dark hardwood furniture. There's a vanity on top of the dresser, and a large bay window with the curtains closed currently. "Bathroom is off to the left, and my room is just two doors down the hall if you need me and I'm not present." Jezebel explains once they enter the room. She'll take a moment to open the curtains herself, allowing Cessie to see that the view is of the park in the middle of the Gardens. After that, she gives a warm smile. "I hope you like the accommodations. Has everything been going well for you since we last met?"

Northside Tour

"I have had many weird experiences in my life, and I'm no stranger to fighting, though even I must admit I've never dressed up as a caped crusader to fight crime and inspire the populace."
    Jezebel admits with a smile. "But I see your point. It is a pity though as you've certainly the charisma for it." She explains. "Regardless, I do believe that perhaps it is the best idea overall. the entity I mean, not you acting the part."

Malechenar Streets - Party

Shortly after the gates open, a large carriage, gilded in silver and mother-of-pearl on top of dark wood pulls up. The driver is an old man in a suit and he steers reigns that seem to simply float on the air rather as nothing seems to pull the carriage itself. "We are here, my Ladies." The man says, stepping down so he can open the door and offer his hand to assist the occupants in stepping down. The first is a tall woman, skin painted dark red and wearing a red-gold dress that fits her body snugly. Even though the neckline plunges down a fair ways, the edge has white fur on it, obscuring anything that might have been revealed. "It is strange having horns again." Jezebel admits, reaching up to feel the long pair of horns on her forehead after stepping out. Her arms and legs have slender metal gauntlets and guards upon them, and she holds the invitations for two in her hand.

After a moment, she steps aside and holds her hand up with her butler's to help the other occupant out of the carriage. "And if you could, I'd appreciate the help with lighting my costume."

Eastside Streets

At that point, another Hunter comes running around a corner from an alleyway, heavy pistol in her hand. She's a green-skinned elf and looks like she's about to speak when the first Hunter calls over to her. "Two-Sixty-three!" he calls, getting her attention. "Take this pair to the hospital and get the small one checked out. It looks like she's been knocked out recently. Bring them to the station afterwards." The elf doesn't argue one bit and slips her pistol away under the folds of her cloak. "Follow me. I'm Two-Sixty-Three, Joan." She says curtly, giving Jones a look amounting to "are you sure", but he just nods and tries to send them on their way.

Jones keeps his gun out but pointed down as he waits to see if anyone intends to intervene with his decision. If no one does, he gestures at the ground, telling Sticks without a word to come down to the ground in front of him.
    Last edited by UncleWolf; 2017-09-23 at 02:10 PM.