New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast

Thread: Riverside 19

1. - Top - End - #391
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Riverside 19

[DMside]

Alice nods (a little uselessly, since what was actually asked was an 'A or B' kind of question, not 'yes or no').
    "Thanks! I live on the island now, in the Lower Village. Just 'cause there's more space down there for someone as tall as me."
    She'll go with Mia back to VIGIL, even if it's just to be dropped off.

[Malechenar Party - Dance Hall]

"Maybe while you're here you can find out the answer. You could try asking them?" Skye indicates Celestel a little ways across the grand hall, but her voice indicates that wasn't a serious suggestion. You just have to look at who else is already here to realize that something is afoot. "A first time for me as well. I think that has something to do with it."
    "While we're here, do you dance, priestess?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

2. - Top - End - #392
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Malechenar Streets - Gate]

"I am controlling myself." Irena says with a smirk. "And there is no way. That'll cause incidents. It must be magic fire or something." She winks. "Pretty sexy outfit she's wearing though, right?"
    [Malechenar Streets - Gate]

"She's quite beautiful, I agree." Nadia gives Irena a sly look as she sidesteps her bait. "We should get inside, though. And I going to be able to get you to dance tonight, by the way?" She hooks her arm in Irena's and starts to guide her toward the entrance.

3. - Top - End - #393
    Halfling in the Playground

[Fourth Tower Compound]

Sticks leans on his staff as he peers at the little hologram-ish device. "Nothing too severe," he says. "I couldn't get them. In the end they elected to flee from me, and I was still the lone responder to the scene. I chased them as far as Eastside thanks to a tip from one of your men before the police there stopped me. I didn't want to risk an altercation."

[Wildside]

Sticks actually turns around when he feels that hand on his shoulder. He stares around at the empty forest, feeling the air, and places both of his implements in one hand so he can use the other to rub his pointy chin. Hm.

"Well, Lenai," he begins, "If I'm right, and you can hear me, then know I'm going to begin creating the barrier now. Actually, I won't be creating it... a spirit in my service will be watching over your forest's perimeter. He will erect a fence that only the beasts can see, and shoo them away if they try to escape."

The tall man pauses for more than a few beats. He coughs.

"I... also... wanted to ask,"
    Sticks wheedles, and feels his face get a little hot. "I wanted to request your accompaniment to a costume party... being hosted by Malechenar." Sticks switches his implements to his other hand awkwardly. "Maybe this isn't the best time to ask, I just... I don't want to go by myself, you know," he admits, and laughs a little. "Is there some way you can answer?"

[Malechenar - Party!]

Adir feels a little bit out of his depth with all this posh talk and compliments and such. Is he being rude by not complimenting them back? This is definitely more Ilpholin's world than his, he's certain. The stag at least laughs at the thought of the patchwork doll in a slinky dress. "...That sounds about right." He flashes a toothy smile. "I feel old just thinking about saying it, but gods, it's been that long?"

"You, uh, seem to imply that you're familiar with my family, Lord Ryhe. Is that right? How do you know of us?"
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

4. - Top - End - #394
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Fourth Tower Compound]

"I admit, I hadn't expect them to take their schemes to such a level. Sacrificing so much to gain so little. They must really hate us for willing to go through all this." Ryhe shakes his head. "Oh well, done is done, now we need to run damage control. I'm afraid I might have to ask you of one final favor, if that's alright. I will need you to write down your witness account of everything you saw Vax, Nazaan and Zhareen do, and perhaps even read it out loud to their officials. Our aim will be to discredit them as much as possible, while still being honest. Eastside must understand that these people are dangerous and treacherous, without coming with falsehood which they could disapprove of. Once that done, you'll have full access to the castle and its secrets, along with bonus payment of course, for all the extra work you had to do. But I'm going to need some more time to consider that. In the meantime, would you be willing to at least to write down a statement? All I ask of you is to tell the truth."

Celestel pauses. "Mhm... eight arms must be quite an advantage. Perhaps we could trade costume designers for the next party." She muses and then shakes her head. "But I'd rather not watch my lord without his armor. He's really not that impressive underneath it, much like this costumed he's picked. He's really showing his true colors here, despite the fact its supposed to be a masquerade."

The doll smiles, though its difficult to tell if it is due to Adir's, Ilpholin's or Celestel's comment. He is answering the stag's question though. "I know of everyone that are worth knowing about. I have to really, my employees would be endangered if I didn't know the political map of the nexus. The best way to look at it is that your family is important, Adir, if I may use your first name. I first saw your name mentioned when I heard about that awful attack on your home. But it seems like the empress is fixing that problem, isn't she? That says a lot about her character." The little doll nods. "Speaking of the empress, looks like some of her contenders have arrived." Now Ryhe is gesturing towards the General and Mia as they enter through the portal, nearby servants bowing as they are going through the dance hall.

[Malechenar Streets - Gate==> Dance Hall]

Irena blinks, her eyes now focused on her wife. "Uh, yeah. Of course." She then follows along, past the entrance and then further into the portal to the dance hall. "****, fancy." She declares as they enter.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2017-10-09 at 04:03 AM.

5. - Top - End - #395
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dragon Research]

"Uh, I don't really know. I don't talk about this too often. I think some of the other cadets get nightmares sometimes but that seems pretty normal." Bram explains. It is fairly normal of kids kidnapped at an early age and experimented on.
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2017-10-08 at 03:38 PM.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

6. - Top - End - #396
    Ogre in the Playground

"Don't worry Adir. I'm sure you have a couple hundred years left in you." Ilpholin has no idea how long deer fey live, but even worse than that she has no idea how long nymphs live. Her only real basis for lifespans has really only been drow. So she always just figured she could live a very long time but will almost definitely be assassinated before that.

Hmm. Is Lady Celestal suggesting Lord Ryhe is a puppet figure? Interesting. Who really has the strings then? Not really an easy topic to dive into and explore. Instead, Ilpholin just smiles knowingly and nods before turning to look at where Ryhe is gesturing. "Ah yes, General Skye. I met her a few times when I moved back in to Riverside. A hard one to get a read on." She seems to be with an old VIGIL member as well. Ilpholin does a quick glance around to make sure Wenomir and Cessie weren't here as well. That would be a lot of coincidences in one party. Too many, perhaps.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2017-10-09 at 12:34 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

7. - Top - End - #397
    Titan in the Playground

[MERC Office - Kids]

"I'm not getting into trouble with MERC for some weird burglar," Iknika insists, getting defensive. This isn't what she expected from all this. Hekta is a creepy liar.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

8. - Top - End - #398
    Ogre in the Playground

[Malechenar Streets - Dance Hall]

Nadia giggles at her wife. She's too fun to tease. "I wouldn't expect much less, really. Look at the people here. Basically everyone is a recognizable face." Nadia says, glancing between a few people. "Except us. We're the local hermits."

[MERC Office - Kids]

Eliseo shrugs and then kneels next to Hekta again. "You can just show me then." He winks at her and then produces a small pocket knife. Without waiting for a reaction, he tries to cut Hekta free.

9. - Top - End - #399
    Ogre in the Playground

MERC- Kids

Koshal doesn't have time to stop Eliseo, but he does have time to drop the remains of his phone and tell him, "Eliseo, don't be crazy!" sounding quite worried.

10. - Top - End - #400

[Dragon Research]

Ambrosia nods. "Thank you for answering my questions then, Bran. You have been helpful to my research. If there is anything I can do in return..." He did remind her of a certain young man she had met in Skyside.

"They are...?" Irena asks, squinting as she attempts to recognize the others on the dance hall despite their elaborate costumes. "Oh, I think I know that mummy lady, she's that, uh, nymph...? Ill-pola or something. The name was in some old tv-show I watched a few episodes of."

MERC- Kids

Eliseo will find that the rope that Dena gave Iknika is quite sturdy and of high quality. When it came to rope, only the very best would do, which incidentally is why she made it herself when she had time. Couldn't trust store bought stuff!

However, as Hekta is straining the rope with all her might, just a little cut is enough for the ropes around Hekta's arms to break. "Thaaaank yoouuu!~" The demon exclaims happily. With her hands free, she will attempt to tear up the ropes around her feet as well. Unless stopped, she will get out of those too and turn herself and Eliseo invisible.

11. - Top - End - #401

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    [DMside]

Alice nods (a little uselessly, since what was actually asked was an 'A or B' kind of question, not 'yes or no').
    "Thanks! I live on the island now, in the Lower Village. Just 'cause there's more space down there for someone as tall as me."
    She'll go with Mia back to VIGIL, even if it's just to be dropped off.

"Maybe while you're here you can find out the answer. You could try asking them?" Skye indicates Celestel a little ways across the grand hall, but her voice indicates that wasn't a serious suggestion. You just have to look at who else is already here to realize that something is afoot. "A first time for me as well. I think that has something to do with it."
    "While we're here, do you dance, priestess?"
    [DMside]

And so she will be dropped of unless anything else comes up.

Mia nods. "Maybe not now. They have their reasons, I'm sure." She looks at the other woman mentioned keeping a friendly smile up.
    "High priestress, please." she says friendly. "And yes I learned to dance, while I was already thinking if that is important at all. The dance here could be totally different then in my Homeworld and it seems we leak male partners."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

12. - Top - End - #402
    Ogre in the Playground

Malechenar Streets - Gate

"Sure you can. I haven't let anyone else do that for me in...well, since before I recovered my children."
    Jezebel admits, smiling cheekily at the insinuations she's making even as she offers Cessie her elbow. "And really, people might look at me, but that's just because I'm being flashy. You'll get plenty of attention and likely more than me once the impression fades. Anyway, I think it is time for us to take the party by storm." Whether or not Cessie is comfortable with taking Jezebel's arm so publicly just yet, she'll flash their invitations so they can head on in.

Northside Tour

"There's a difference between individual effectiveness and being effective as a whole."
    Jezebel points out. "It is the latter that I wish to improve, and I could certainly use your help doing so."

Eastside Streets

The Hunter watches Sticks leave after his tirade and blinks a bit, honestly a bit confused but not terribly surprised. After he leaves, he turns to the Gorgon with a shake of his head. "Perhaps, but as far as I know, I'm the only sanctioned law enforcement officer present unless you have some form of identification granting you such powers in Northside?" He asks. "However, I do feel the need to point out that the plant had been carrying a wounded woman. Clearly unconscious and who knows what other potentially life-threatening wounds she might have. Considering neither you nor that man have yet to explain who hurt her and why, I'm likely going to have to consider the matter closed since I am getting the feeling that neither East nor North want this matter looked into too closely. Unless you're willing to clear everything up by coming with me to the station and giving a statement. Until I get a signed statement or other evidence of a crime having been committed apart from some minor mischief, I can't hold them with any pending charges. What I do have the power to do is to hold whomever assaulted that woman if there was no good cause to do so." The Hunter explains before giving the gorgon a sideways glance. "And I presume that was the man with the blasting rod?"

Eastside Hospital

The female Hunter stays outside, waiting patiently and silently unless someone talks to her. Inside, they do discover the head injury and send someone outside to ask how long she'd been unconscious. There's the offer of some light magic to ward off the worst of any potential complications, but they also want to keep her there for observation if Zhareen and Vax agree to stay the night. The hunter, silent, simply makes a note in a small notebook.

The Lotus Gardens - Sleepover

Cessie finds herself immediately wrapped up in a hug from the front. Jezebel doesn't explain immediately but does plant a small kiss on the top of the smaller woman's forehead before speaking. "I don't know what was said, but knowing how forgiving you are it must have been bad if you are willing to cut ties with Adir." She reasons, not letting go yet. "I won't make you tell me what happened, but I am here for you."

Upstairs, Ariel just giggles as she reaches out to stroke the pliable pet. "She's a slime! A cat slime!" She explains as it mews up at Cora and begins to vibrate as it purrs. It feels like a water balloon filled with molasses. An affectionate water balloon filled with molasses.

In the pool, Sergei can't help but actually smile a bit as he goes to help the pair in only to find that they didn't need the help at all. He gives a chuckle at the splashing and just starts to float on his back near the pair, keeping an ear on them even as his eyes are closed.

The Lotus Gardens - Dueling Ground

Jezebel sets the tip of her weapon on the ground so she can offer Wenomir a hand up. "Admittedly, I am well out of practice if a draw this quickly was the best I can manage. I hope my weapon can at least be applauded as being one now though instead of a monstrosity only mimicking one." She says with amusement.

13. - Top - End - #403
    Titan in the Playground

[MERC - Kids]

"Wait!" Iknika exclaims, but it's too late. "Oh, bother." That's not really what she had in mind when she dragged Eliseo away from his overbearing moms (still sounds weird) to do something fun.

[The Lotus Gardens - Dueling Ground]

"Jury's still out, but I guess I can't argue with results," Wenomir admits, getting up. "Someone less modest might say a draw against me isn't bad."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

14. - Top - End - #404

Malechenar Streets - Gate==> Malechenar Dance Hall

Cessie smiles. "We'll see Jezebel. If anything, I can always take credit for the design, and the flames of your costume." She muses. "However, as a Hestopian, I am obligated to tell you that your clothes could cover a lot more, especially as a mother of two." She remarks.
    She doesn't have anything against taking Jezebel's arm though, she had taken arms with Sakura and many others, both friend and family. It was not a sexual gesture in any way (unless it was with a non-relative of the opposite sex of course).

Jezebel and Cessie will therefore enter though the portal and arrive in the dance hall with the others.

Northside Tour

"I suppose we could arrange for something. But keep in mind, our forces might work very differently. I don't really know how to optimize the tactics of so many powered individuals. But I'll send someone over. Does that sound reasonable? If we let our forces practice together, then perhaps we both get something out of it." Celestel suggests.

Eastside Streets

Thanks to her face mask, the hunter won't see her blank expression of ignorance.
    The urge to just kill and move on was greater than ever, but then she'd be stranded in this confusing world without as much as a coin of wealth.
    This sucked.

"I'm... going to go and get sssomeone who knowsss more about it. There were othersss..."
    Smug little soulless. "Will you... wait here?"

Eastside Hospital

Well, Zhareen will be taken care of I suppose.
    Nazaan does not trust the hunters, or the hospital personnel. He will be wandering around the room, secretly preparing spells in case they would need to escape quickly. The nurses and the hunters will likely notice that something is amiss though...
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2017-10-13 at 02:58 AM.

15. - Top - End - #405
    Ogre in the Playground

[MERC Office - Kids]

It takes Eliseo a moment to realize what Hekta did. He laughs, and the sound moves away from the other two as he tries to tug Hekta toward the door. "Let us know when you two wanna have some fun." He calls back as he navigates over the wreckage of the furniture. "So where's this tunnel?"

Nadia smiles and raises an eyebrow. "Ilpola?" She looks for the person Irena is pointing out. When she spots her, a frown crosses Nadia's face. She can't quite place what bothers her, though. "Well, I don't know who everyone is." She admits.

[Eastside Hospital]

As Vax waits, it's apparent she's shedding some of her mass. Parts of her fall away like fall leaves, though it's apparently a gradual thing as she hasn't shrunk that much yet. When the question of staying overnight is posed, she protests. "We can't stay here that long." There are still things that need attending to.

[The Lotus Gardens - Sleepover]

Still weird to Cora, but she's not one to be put off. She turns her attention back to the show while absentmindedly patting the slime. She starts to look more puzzled as the show plays. "Did she say Wenomir?" She doesn't know anyone else named Wenomir.

16. - Top - End - #406

[Fourth Tower Compound]

"Of course I can write something up, Lord Ryhe,"
    says Sticks, inclining his head and stamping his fist to his chest. Small price to pay at this juncture. "Will that be all that you require of me for this night?"

"Contenders?"
    Adir casts his gaze in the General's direction. He seems satisfied with Ryhe's explanation at least, though it isn't like the Frescots use the Nexus for anything other than a hunting ground and a place to get drink they don't have to steal. He looks at Ilpholin when she mentions knowing the newcomer. "Should I be worried about getting assassinated? I'm pretty important to the Empress' operation, you know. Just started last week and everything." He peers again, crossing his arms, thinking about how he could use a drink. "I didn't even know the Empress had contenders."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

17. - Top - End - #407

Irena snaps her fingers. "Ilpholin! That's the name! She was at the furry party long ago, remember that? She came as a sexy squirrel lady, we even talked to her a while." Not that Irena could remember what they had been talking about. It had been a while ago.

--------------------------------------------

"Truly? I never had the pleasure to speak to her myself." Ryhe muses. "But yes, 'the general' is the dominant force in Southside right now and technically, your employer is in her way for total control of the area, Adir. However, there are others, such as Mia standing beside her, who controls another part of southside. But Mia is a VIGIL member too, yes? I just can't help but notice that thefe are a lot of you here tonight. I mean, there is lady Mithar herself." The doll gestures at the Jezebel and Cessie, entering the dance hall through the portal.

"And in the company of miss Tel'Vree no less." Celestel looks at the pair with keen interest, but then suddenly turns to Adir. "Is there something going on between them? You live together after all, perhaps you can share some gossip." She grins at the stag.

"Isn't that sort of thing beneath you, pet?" Ryhe asks casually, looking between Celestel and Adir and Ilpholin.

[Fourth Tower Compound]

The vampire lord nods. "That will be all. I'll have some competent agents keep an eye out, just in case Vax decides on some retribution. I have learned that it is better to be safe than sorry with her."

[The Lotus Gardens - Sleepover]

Cessie sure didn't expect a hug from that. She had barely said anything about the issue!
    Jezebel seemed to have assumed the worst though, and in part, that was right. Adir had ticked her off more than usual this time.

It feels as if she is shrinking in Jezebel's hug, unsure how to react at first. "...Thank you, Jezebel. But as I already hinted at it, its best if I tell you everything so you don't assume the worst." She pauses. "But you can let me go now, it's okay." She assures the other woman with a gentle smile.

She then goes about telling Jezebel about what happened. "And then he came out and said...." She falls quiet after that.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2017-10-17 at 05:02 AM.

18. - Top - End - #408
    Ogre in the Playground

Southside- Dragon Research

"Um, you're welcome Miss. Uh, you can call me if you ever need an assistant with stuff around here. " Bram suggests. He's a little self-conscious. He doesn't think his long-sighted plan of getting back at the General is going to work out, and assisting with an important scholar who's connected to Commandant Ruby seems like a reasonable thing that might get an excuse to leave for a bit.

MERC Office- Kids

"Fine!" Koshal huffs. "But if you're not back in an hour I'm going to tell your moms you ran away with a thief!" he calls into the darkness.

19. - Top - End - #409
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Lotus Gardens - Dueling Ground]

"Like you're that modest, Wenomir. Either way, it was a nice little spar," Harnetta says with a grin, vaulting over the fence at the edge of the dueling ground. She's looking confident. Perhaps a bit to confident, "Either of you want to give me a go?"
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

20. - Top - End - #410
    Orc in the Playground

Darkened Alleyway

The shadows coalesce here, forming and merging as something pushes into the Nexus from somewhere else, somewhere... Unpleasant, not entirely real, and which alters those that fall under its sway.

The entity which emerges looks like the human it once was, though it sacrificed its humanity to survive. It's quite tall, though not unusually so, wearing a long greatcoat, a bowler hat, and steel-toe capped boots, with blue jeans being the only thing it wears not coloured black. Its skin is paper-white, its deep-set eyes are dark purple with slit pupils, and its face is gaunt. Off-white hair falls from under the hat, draping across its shoulders and framing its face. Its hands are horribly scarred, covered in burns and have too many knuckles. The entity- which appears male, though gender and sexuality both were cut away in its long exile in Limbo- looks at the alleyway around it, sniffs loudly several times, inhaling the first fresh air it has smelt in what feels like an eternity. Finally, accepting that this is, in fact, Out and not some form of trap, the recently-escaped bogeyman grins widely, its mouth opening wider than it should, revealing that at some point it has lost all its teeth. Lost them, and replaced them- with shards of broken glass, jammed haphazardly into the soft gum, though they don't bleed. And they should be bleeding; were anyone present, they'd note that each and every shard looked as though it was selected for its sharpness.

Content it's alone, the bogeyman strides into the night, determined to remain Out and not return.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

21. - Top - End - #411
    Ogre in the Playground

"You should always worry about being assassinated Adir. That's the price you pay for participation in politics," Ilpholin says nonchalantly as she looks around, like assassinations were the most common thing in the world. "Though I imagine as a knight your focus will be on keeping your Empress from being assassinated more than yourself."

Ilpholin's search leads her eyes to fall upon Irena and Nadia, largely since they seem to be watching her. She gives them a nod and a smile. They seemed familiar-ish, but she couldn't place them. She's unable to spend much time puzzling it out though as Lord Ryhe draws her attention to Cessie and Jezebel whereupon she has to suppress a frown.

"Yes, a lot of Vigil members indeed. At any rate, if the point of a party is free booze, then surely the point of free booze is to get all the juicy gossip flowing. What is going on between them Adir?" She asks, looking at Adir with an inviting smile. The kind of smile where the answer might be dangerous to give. Though to be fair I think Ilpholin knows as much as Adir does at this point.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

22. - Top - End - #412

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post

Mia nods. "Maybe not now. They have their reasons, I'm sure." She looks at the other woman mentioned keeping a friendly smile up.
    "High priestress, please." she says friendly. "And yes I learned to dance, while I was already thinking if that is important at all. The dance here could be totally different then in my Homeworld and it seems we lack male partners."
    Skye pauses for a moment. The fires dim very slightly.
    "My apologies, high priestess."
    She raises her eyebrows, surprised. Mia is perceptive. All of a sudden attending this party feels like just another burden. Maybe it would be better if it were all some trick of Malechenar's.
    "We both have much more important things nowadays, don't we? I would happily dance the men's part with you, if I knew the steps, if we ever had time to dance."

More and more people arriving: Ilpholin with one of the Empress's minions, Jezebel who's been so unexpectedly quiet and still, people she's never even heard of. What a bother. The General ignores them all.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

23. - Top - End - #413

Mia just nods, not as an agreement, more to show she took note.
    "I think it will be discovered soon why we are here." She takes a look. " I can see some people i know around and I would prefere to greet the host. That is etiquette for me."

Mia will then head for the groupe with Adir, Ryth and Ilpholin.

24. - Top - End - #414

Adir looks at Cessie and Jezebel as much as the others, trying to seem disinterested. He does his best to remain unruffled by Ilpholin's razor-smile. "Well I don't see a drink in my hand yet," Adir says as he looms over Ilpholin, with a teasing smile hinting that he must have all kinds of good dirt... until he goes on.
    "'Sides. I, uh, haven't heard anything. Cessie and I--" Adir realizes halfway through his sentence that the girls just asked for gossip and he's about to give it to them. "That we... well... we haven't been on the best of terms lately."

"I guess I could ask Sakura. Uh, my wife,"
    Adir illucidates for those present and unfamiliar. "She would know for sure if there's something going on, but it isn't like Cessie is something I talk to her about," Adir says.

"But it can't be dating,"
    Adir decides. "Right? That's what you're getting at?" He smirks at Ilpholin. "Surely Cessie's had to, uh, rebuff your feminine wiles at some point in career. We both know what she likes, and it isn't Jezebel either," He quirks an eyebrow, looking toward the pair again. He looks annoyed, a little. Something about Jezebel bothers him, and her beside Cessie bothers him worse, that's plain to see.

[Fourth Tower Compound]

"A wise decision, Lord Ryhe,"
    Sticks says, inclining his head. "Please do warn me if she turns up. Or if you have any further need of my services. I might be buried in arcane scrivery for quite some time, but you know precisely where to find me."

With that, Sticks decides to go see what he's won for his efforts. He'll have a look at any information, powers, contacts, or items that the Fourth Tower possesses in it's collection, as well as searching through the library that Ryhe showed him at some point in the past. He'd seen one of his old books there. There might even be more.

Sticks is looking for anything pertaining to the soul, life after death, and in particular the shattering or deconstruction of the soul itself. The anatomy of that divine morsel. He also looks for any spells, means, artifacts or locations that could help him reach out across a vast distance and find someone lost. The more general and far-reaching a method the better.

We will see what we will see.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2017-10-17 at 12:00 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

25. - Top - End - #415

Oh, very well. It should be the other way round, the host's responsibility, shouldn't it? Mia would know.
    "As for you, high priestess, for us both."
    The General follows along to greet the host and others with him.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

26. - Top - End - #416

Southside- Dragon Research

Ambrosia nods again. "Of course, I'm sure we will see each other again, Bram." She smiles mysteriously. "Until then..." She then takes a bow, and leaves him to his own thoughts.

MERC Office- Kids

Eliseo might now notice that Hekta is holding his hand. While he can't see her, he can still feel her pointed claws gently pressing into the back of his hand.
    "Don't listen to them, the tunnel is this way!" Hekta urges as Eliseo will feel her dragging him away from the others, towards the far back of the basement.

Now the group might be able to hear someone coming down the stairs upstairs...

"Of course, I almost forgot." Ryhe turns to look up at the one holding him. "Celestel, will you do the honors? Perhaps something to drink will distract you from your gossiping." He says, but then adds. "Don't forget that Lady Mithar doesn't drink alcohol. Serve her the juice."

Celestel laughs. "Very well, not that it will stop us, quite the opposite actually." She then lifts her free hand above her head and snaps her fingers.
    Immediately servants approach every pair of guest with plates filled with glasses of wine and various types of snacks. There are meat on sticks, mini beignets, deep fried braided dough drenched in lemon syrup, oatmeal bars filled with nuts, buns with minced meat and vegetables inside, fried fish rolls and deep fried banana slices.

Any of the guests may partake in this as the servants are offering up them on plates.

Celestel is quick to turn her gaze back to Adir however. "So you were claiming that Lady Mithar is not interested Ilpholin's feminine wiles? I'm not sure wherever I should feel insulted or impressed on her behalf."

"I'm sure lady Mithar have good reasons, pet. But look, here comes more guests. Welcome, miss Mechanicus' and miss Drake-Nerei. How nice to finally have the chance see you in the flesh." Ryhe turns to bow at Mia and the general.

As a reminder, Ryhe is actually, somehow, disguised as a small voodoo doll and is standing on Celestel's open palm.

--------------------------------------------

There is a another pair of guests entering the dance hall. The first one being a woman that likely is easily recognizable for most guests at the party, especially since her costume isn't really masking her features.

Spoiler: Costume
    Show

Dena moves her head around, the snakes that make up her hair seemingly watching the room for her. "This is going to take a while to get used to, you might have to pretend that I'm blind for a moment." She says, grinning at her companion who she have locked arms with.

[Fourth Tower Compound==> Malechenar Library]

There are quite a selection of books on each of those subjects. What Sticks might note though is the big pile of books in an otherwise perfectly structured library. The books are all about the same subject, demons. Seems like someone have been reading quite a lot about them for whatever reason.

Nonetheless, the books cover some particularly gruesome spells and artifacts and the entities associated to them. Not to say there aren't more innocent magic in the books, but it seems like all the more powerful spells have quite a hefty price. There are two locations that the books point out that actually exist in the nexus though, which might interest Sticks. The sea of Storms and a tunnel system that is located just outside of Riverside. It might in fact be connected to his own underground vault.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2017-10-18 at 12:25 AM.

27. - Top - End - #417
    Ogre in the Playground

Ilpholin hmphs lightly, not sure how this got turned on her. "I assure you, any rebuffs that may have happened were always because Cessie already had her mind set on someone else. The first time she chose Harnel. Given how quick she was to play up Jezebel's positive traits a few days ago, and who she's with, it seems pretty evident now she's chosen Jezebel. I don't know what would lead you to think otherwise," Ilpholin claims, one hand taking a glass of wine. Adir must be in denial. Maybe Cessie turned down his wiles too before he started pursuing Ilpholin. The nymph isn't sure, but there's definitely something going on there.

Her other hand slides in to wrap around Adir's arm. "We should leave you to your other guests. Besides, we still need to visit the gardens." Comparing the gardens at these various parties has become something of a tradition and Ilpholin enjoys the plant life more than she lets on. "It was a pleasure meeting you Lord Ryhe, Lady Celestel." Ilpholin turns to address the two who approach as well, intending to keep the pleasantries brief. "It's good to see you again Mia. General." She gives them a slight bow.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

28. - Top - End - #418

[Malechenar Party - Dance Hall - Hosts]

Mia returns the bow to the (maybe) leaving pair. "Ilpholin, Adir, I hope we can get a moment to talk later. There is something I would want to ask you."

As a reminder, too. Mia is dressed like a mermaid. Not the disney version with human upper body and lower fish body. It's more like a a fish wth human traits like the nagas. The fin bows upwards and leaves her enougth space to use her feet.
    Spoiler: Costum
    Show

She then turns to the other two persons. It is good that Ilpholin called their names. Mia didn't met them and her player wasn't sure if they are public known. Mia returns the bow.
    "Lord Ryhe, Lady Celestel. It is a nice evening and yet this room is breathtaking." she says.

29. - Top - End - #419
    Ogre in the Playground

The Lotus Gardens - Sleepover

"Who's that?"
    Ariel asks, tilting her head in interest and confusion as she turns back to the show to wonder who Cora was talking about. "Who's Wenomir?" She asks after a moment, reaching out to pet the innately and blissfully unaware catslime.

Jezebel slowly ends the hug and sits down to listen to Cessie's explanation of what was said, though by the end it is quite clear that she isn't particularly...pleased by how things are. Her lips tighten as she chooses what to say next carefully. "Perhaps what you said was rough, but they needed to hear it. I...I'm going to be tactful though and refrain from seething over what Adir said so if I meet him later I won't get the urge to rip his horns off." Jezebel says before letting out a long breath in an effort to settle down. After a moment's thought however she can't help but smile slightly. "Even if those horns would look good on a plaque on your wall. That all aside...I don't know how you did it. You had them as guests in your home for a long time and hadn't said a thing about the number of their kids until now as far as I know. I would have been hard pressed to handle it for just a scant few weeks."

The Lotus Gardens - Training Ground

"If Wenomir doesn't mind, I'll take you up on that offer."
    Jezebel says, stretching her arms a bit more before heading to a bench to grab a water bottle to take a sip. There's a number of others for Wenomir and Harnetta. "It's been a long while and I need the exercise." She admits, reaching up to squeeze her own arm with a frown at how it feels.

Northside Tour

Jezebel gives a small nod. "That sounds perfectly reasonable, Celestel. And I thank you for the tour of your part of the city. It's been an informative and thoughtful experience."

Eastside Streets

The Hunter quirks an eyebrow and reaches into his coat to offer the Gorgon a business card with his name and badge number. "I'll be at the station nearby. The address is on the back. I can't just wait in one place but I'll be there working on paperwork." Should that be acceptable, the Hunter heads off.

Malechenar Party - Dance Hall

"Perhaps, but I don't get the chance to dress up like this often either and the kids aren't here."
    Jezebel says with a chuckle as they enter the hall. She takes an easy look around, quickly listing off people present in her head before turning to Cessie. "Would you like me to get you a dri-Oh. Nevermind." She says, pleasantly surprised when drinks are automatically brought to them. She reaches out, taking Cessie's drink in her left hand, pausing as she takes a glance at the ring on a finger before smiling and giving a subtle nod to Cessie. "Here." She says as she takes a small glass of brandy for herself. "I'm glad you accepted the invitation to come. Would you care for a dance once you've drank?" She asks, lowering her voice in an attempt to keep others from hearing her question.

30. - Top - End - #420

Default [Malechanar Party - Hosts]

After waving off the servants (the General has never been observed to eat or drink anything but water (possibly with sugar) after all) the General curtsies to the assembled luminaries of Riverside (and Adir).
    "Good to see you, Ilpholin. Do enjoy the gardens."
    She gives an additional nod to the voodoo doll, wondering if he'll say anything interesting.
    "My thanks for inviting us, Lord Rhye. Though I still can't say I've seen you in the flesh, can I?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine