New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast

Thread: Riverside 19

1. - Top - End - #481
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Riverside 19

[Malechenar Party - Gardens]

Didn't anyone ever tell Ilpholin that Adir isn't good at seeing through facades? He is taken aback by the swatting and the apparent suddenness of her rage. The stag just blinks, lowering his hand, and listens to the rest. "Ilpholin..." The stag grimaces. What had he done? Had she invited him just for this? And Gods, why's he keep screwing up everything he tries?

The stag doesn't try to pursue Ilpholin, fearing he'll only damage things with her further. He tries not to hear any note of real finality in those last two words. He just slumps against the nearest tree and thinks for a little bit.

After some time, he calls Sakura. He rubs his fingers over his face, squeezing the bridge of his nose, feeling uncomfortable and so terribly frustrated. When no one answers, he just swears and leaves a message. "Hey, Sakura. Something... really odd happened at the party tonight. With Ilpholin. I guess I probably should have been worried about it to start with, um," he chuckles without mirth. "I could really... I tried to make it right, but she got mad at me, and I don't really know what I should do... It's like I keep saying stupid things without realizing it."

"Look, I know, you're probably in bed now, just... it'd be really nice to talk. If you get this. Um. Either way,"
    Adir hangs his head. "I'll see you soon."

Adir smudges his forearm over his eyes for a second as he straightens up. After just a little more deliberation he decides it's time to go and have a drink. The stag wanders back out into the party and finds the nearest thing or person that distributes liquor, and failing that, he'll down the first decent wine he can find by the gobletfull. The huge white stag in his silly monster-bird costume can be bothered, if someone sees him moping around.

[The Toy Tinker]

Sticks smiles. "All just tools, my boy. Implements. The cloak is more special than this by far, anyway," says Sticks. He looks at Bolts, nestled like a plate armored pigeon inside one of the cubby holes behind the counter. "And Bolts is my friend. As are you. And I want you to be safe. So take this, and keep yourself safe."
    Last edited by Murkus; 2017-11-08 at 11:30 PM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

2. - Top - End - #482
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by UncleWolf View Post
    The Lotus Gardens - Duel

Harnetta's blade finds itself caught between two chainblades that are running in opposite directions, throwing it right aside to the ground as soon as she lets go of it. The lavender woman is able to twist her head out of the way of one of the follow-through jabs, but another lands a glancing blow across her left cheek and causes her to grunt and close her left eye for a moment when an audible crack is heard. Instead of backing off however, Jezebel pushes forward, slipping her right hand to the tip of her blade to hold it dangerously close to the spinning edges. She advances towards Harnetta, using her Eviscerator as a fast moving and lethal shield. Any time Harnetta tries to swing at her, the edge of the sword will be there to try and meet her wrist even as the woman advances on her. She'll stay close even if Harnetta chooses to back up, seemingly intent on just pressing the blade against Harnetta's torso.
    [The Lotus Gardens - Duel

Harnetta doesn't step back, instead moving forward. First, a hand to strike at Jezebel's face - but it's a feint. Harnetta moves her other hand, making another feint, before moving the first hand to the grip of Jezebel's weapon as she keeps her scaled body just out of reach of the the unwieldly but very dangerous blades

And then she twists.

Both Wenomir and Jezebel will likely recognize what Harnetta is doing once she's in the air - it's just ridiculous to try it without the ability to fly. Which, thankfully, Harnetta has. She's doing a cartwheel through the air, and using the immense strength of her body to wrench Jezebel's footing off; either she has to let go of the weapon, letting Harnetta take it, or she's going for a spin. The strangest part is that this doesn't appear to be something Harnetta improvised; it's a practiced maneuver, though what school of swordsmanship taught something this ridiculous is a good question.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

3. - Top - End - #483
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Toy Tinker]

Jim stares down at the weapon, trying to get a feel for the bident's weight. "So uh, how does it work? How do you do that disappearing act thing?" he asks, assuming it's some sort of transmutation effect or pocket portal.

[MERC Office- Kids]

"So what do we do when we find them?" Koshal asks Iknika. Right now he doesn't have any ideas, as he can't use his very lethal weapons on kids. That would be horrible.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

4. - Top - End - #484

[The Toy Tinker]

"All just another illusion, Jim. The grandest masters of the glamour can fool not just men, but the very physical laws that govern the foundation of the mundane world,"
    Sticks explains extravagantly. And then adds, "That is to say, I don't think I can teach it to you yet. But I can provide you with some other gear, if you would like?"

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

5. - Top - End - #485
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [MERC Office- Kids]

Iknika sets down the leftmost passage, unless Koshal has other ideas. Despite what Hekta is hoping, it's unlikely she'll get lost down here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    [Malechenar Party - Dance Hall] - Important people!

"Well, to be completely fair to you, Lord Rhye, I am from Inside." Skye replies with a smile. He's a charming host, even (especially?) as a tiny voodoo doll. "But you placed the saying correctly, and also have understood it."

Looking to Celestel, she raises an eyebrow, skeptical.
    "You don't mind working with someone so...temporary? How can you expect much of anything reliable from Eastside when its leadership and direction keep changing? Perhaps she could help, but we already have our own plans for rebuilding the area." Only a little bit later does it occur to wonder what Malechenar wants things to be like between East and South side, and why.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Malechenar Party - Dance Hall] - Irena/Nadia

"I sure hope not. It seemed pretty rude at a monster party." It's made it apparent what a minefield this party theme is. Oh well. "I think you might be biased, though. She might not agree." Nadia says with amusement.

[MERC Office - Kids]

"I mean, there's a thirty three percent chance they come marching down the tunnel right now. I wouldn't be so cocky." Eliseo points out. "What's your plan if we get cornered here?"
    Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    [MERC Office- Kids]

"So what do we do when we find them?" Koshal asks Iknika. Right now he doesn't have any ideas, as he can't use his very lethal weapons on kids. That would be horrible.
    [MERC Office- Kids]

Hekta considers for a moment. "I guess we should go dee-" Then she falls silent and attempts to grab Eliseo's hand again as she stares at the door they came from. She will turn both of them invisible just as Iknika, Koshal and Faye comes running.
    They will see the large bath, the monster statue sprouting out heated water into it and the stone benches. There is one door here that seems to be leading into even deeper into this place, and now they can all hear something behind it.
    Was there someone moving behind there?

The invisible Hekta and Eliseo are sitting on the stone benches.

"Four years is a long time, general, even in politics. In addition, if you are dealing with the same person, the circumstances may have completely changed. Like when you arrived in Southside for instance, general. It wasn't that long ago, and it was so sudden that there is still the perception that it is somehow only temporary." Celestel points out. "But regardless, if i get a chance to talk to miss Tel'vree, perhaps we can arrange for a donation to miss Mechanicus temple together. I have some ideas what the money could go to..."

"Financial matters? Sounds like Harold's realm, not mine, pet. Besides, I already feel pretty foolish now with all my assumptions. So perhaps we should simply support her plan in these matters, she obviously know the area better than us."

"So what would you say if someone came dressed as a lampade, eh? They're kind of monsters, sexy, but monsters nonetheless with their madness torches, Amiright?" Irena remarks with a smile. "A bit like gorgons in a way, you've just hidden yours like she hid her eyes." A lot of sexy monsters here tonight, her wife included...

6. - Top - End - #486
    Ogre in the Playground

"I think that just supports my point, dear." Nadia shrugs, though. "I don't think it's a big deal. It's just weird is all."

Nadia looks around briefly. Well, no one is paying them any mind right now. "So want to see if we can poke around at all?"

7. - Top - End - #487

"Thank you." Mia says to Celestel. "Any donations will help us out. It will help form the new landscape. You know the part from Wildside.

She then looks at the general. What plans does she got about the landscape? Mia fears it might be military, btu she got no clue right now so she doesn't ask.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

8. - Top - End - #488
    Ogre in the Playground

Eastside Hospital

The ER Doctor seems like he's about to say something until his patient goes all Oracle of Delphi on everyone present. Afterwards the silence is so quiet that they could have heard a pin drop for several moments before the Doctor actually looks angry. Angry and frustrated. "You did not just do that." He groans as orderlies and nurses begin filing out of the room quickly, as if the patient had grown a second and third head. "I-I've got to make a call now."

With that he heads out, leaving Zhareen and Nazaan alone even if they ask him to stop.

Outside, the female Hunter raises an eyebrow at the drooping foliage. "Having trouble with your form? Do we need to get you checked out too?"

Hunter Office

"Actually, it's because we're on good terms that I'm explaining all of this."
    Hunter Jones points out before looking at the Gorgon. "Would you mind leaving us for a moment? And please, shut the door." He asks. While the bodyguards weren't allowed past the security door, the gorgon and representative had been. Once the Gorgon leaves, the Hunter flips a switch on his desk before gesturing at the camera in a corner. "It's turned off, so tell me why you're actually here." He states. "I expected a mercenary or law enforcement officer, more likely a lawyer or prosecuting attorney. Instead, I find you. No offense but you're not any of those. You're a voice for the Northside Lords and you're here to either intimidate or persuade me into cooperating. If you all wanted those three for breaking laws, I'd be speaking with someone else. What is it that the Lords really want with them?" He asks with a frown.

Before she can answer though, his phone rings, making his stoic expression twitch in annoyance as he answers it. He doesn't say anything for a while, only giving his name at the start of the conversation and a "Thank you, Doctor." at the end. He makes no effort to explain the call to Celestel after he hangs up.

The Lotus Gardens - Sleepover

"Don't the best superheros give gifts though?"
    Ariel asks before blinking at the TV. "She doesn't look like your mom."

Beneath Jillian, Sergei swoops between her legs and lifts her from the water with her on his shoulders while he catches his breath. He doesn't seem bothered at all by her weight even as he makes sure to keep her balanced while wiping the water from his eyes. "See! I can have fun too!" He says to no one in particular while the "shadebathing" lifeguard in the shadows just snorts.

Malechenar Party - Dance Hall

Jezebel smiles gently when Dena comes close and she can't resist the urge to reach up towards one of the snakes leaning out towards her. She gently rub beneath its chin and around where the ears would be, completely comfortable with serpents. "I remember you, though when we met in passing at a beach I don't remember there being quite so many snakes." Jezebel admits, taking a sip of her drink even as she continues to pet the snake. She can't help but mull over the thought of her and Cessie being enemies however. "I wouldn't quite say we were complete enemies, even at our worst." She decides. "I can't speak for Lady Mithar of course, but to me an enemy is someone you try to kill or end. No redemption, no remorse. She and I might have been incredibly antagonistic towards one another in the past, and certainly hateful, but my troubles were less with her and more with Vigil and Watchtower. As far as I can recall even, I can't really name a time when Cessie had done me direct wrong." Once she's done talking, she takes another sip before peering at her mostly empty glass.

9. - Top - End - #489
    Titan in the Playground

[MERC Office- Kids]

"I think I can hear them," Iknika says, looking around. This is weird. Just how much is buried here? "The water's running. Do you think they turned it on? It can't have possibly been running all this time."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

10. - Top - End - #490
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    [The Toy Tinker]

"All just another illusion, Jim. The grandest masters of the glamour can fool not just men, but the very physical laws that govern the foundation of the mundane world,"
    Sticks explains extravagantly. And then adds, "That is to say, I don't think I can teach it to you yet. But I can provide you with some other gear, if you would like?"
    [The Toy Tinker]

Jim nods. "I mean, don't go nuts. I don't want to be walking around in a suit of plate but like...I dunno, what's the standard order for this? Leather? Coats? Chainmail?" he asks. Really, Sticks is the expert here. Jim only knows what to expect from TV.

11. - Top - End - #491
    Ogre in the Playground

[Malechenar Party - Hall of Whispers]

Ilpholin doesn't spend much time admiring the decor, though she would normally be impressed. Today she's just storming through and slipping into the first available side-room. After closing the door she puts her back to it and slides down to the floor where she takes advantage of the privacy of the room to sob it all out. Lloth was she really this much of a mess? What was wrong with her? No one man should ever cause her to lose this much composure, regardless of the pain.

Darcy would have known. She'd cut right to the heart of matters in just a few words and untangle the nymph in an instant. Ilpholin just needed to calm down and imagine what Darcy would say.
    She'd ask where you were that day when she needed you.
    Ilpholin screams and slams her fist painfully into the floor. That was not the issue here. This was all about Adir, nothing else. He had- he... he what? Was a better man than she gave him credit for? A better man than her? No. Well, yes, but mostly... mostly he made her feel special again. It was too cruel.

Lloth damn it, Ilpholin was going to have to apologize to Adir wasn't she? This night was just getting worse and worse. She'd have to get going sooner rather than later to keep from raising too many questions too. Feeling drained but immensely less turbulent, Ilpholin rises to her feet, cursing Adir under her breath to suffer a thousand torments in the webs of agony in an off-handed rather than malicious manner. She then heads over to the basin to get herself cleaned up. Maybe she wouldn't be sparklingly radiant when she returned, but she'd at least be presentable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

12. - Top - End - #492
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post

"Four years is a long time, general, even in politics. In addition, if you are dealing with the same person, the circumstances may have completely changed. Like when you arrived in Southside for instance, general. It wasn't that long ago, and it was so sudden that there is still the perception that it is somehow only temporary." Celestel points out. "But regardless, if i get a chance to talk to miss Tel'vree, perhaps we can arrange for a donation to miss Mechanicus temple together. I have some ideas what the money could go to..."

"Financial matters? Sounds like Harold's realm, not mine, pet. Besides, I already feel pretty foolish now with all my assumptions. So perhaps we should simply support her plan in these matters, she obviously know the area better than us."
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post

"Thank you." Mia says to Celestel. "Any donations will help us out. It will help form the new landscape. You know the part from Wildside.

She then looks at the general. What plans does she got about the landscape? Mia fears it might be military, btu she got no clue right now so she doesn't ask.
    ((I had no idea time ran twice-as-fast IC ))

"Even a single year is a long time. Even four years can be a short time. I hope that even with the months wearing on, you haven't changed your mind about us." Skye answers Celestel.
    "Possibly you could find a donation. Eastside has its own borders to develop now, as we do - perhaps you've seen the new railway lines - but I can imagine support of the temple could unite us all. At least a little bit."

Don't worry Mia. Southside is not in any position to conquer the rest of the city right now. Maybe never will be again.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

13. - Top - End - #493
    Ogre in the Playground

[Eastside Hospital]

"To maintain this mass I would need to consume more food than is remotely reasonable. What you're seeing is entirely natural." Vax replies. Her sudden growth earlier was never meant to be maintained, after all. "How much longer will this take?"

[The Lotus Gardens - Sleepover]

"But they said her name!" Cora stands up. "We gotta show her. Where's the box?"

[MERC Office - Kids]

Eliseo quiets down immediately when their pursuers enter the room. What did he say? And now he can't see Hekta, so there's no way to communicate with her. He'll sit here for now, but he's ready to step out of the way if one of the two nears him.

14. - Top - End - #494
    Ogre in the Playground

The Lotus Gardens - Sleepover(Adults)

"They likely are similar at least. And even if the entities aren't exactly the same, I still have personal experience with dealing with similar beings."
    Jezebel reiterates, truly believing that she could at least offer her personal experiences on the matter to try and give Cessie some more understanding of the matter. Even though Cessie didn't really seem to believe her.

The lavender noblewoman backs off a bit, looking thoughtful. "If I were on good terms with any member of the Ecclesiarchy I would see if I could get some purity seals, but those are rare at best and given my history with the followers of the God-Emperor, I'd never be able to have one made. Maybe we could find something similar? They're essentially holy seals you can carry around to help ward off daemonic influence. Maybe Ambrosia and I should meet up and try to make something for you."

The Lotus Gardens - Duel

Surprisingly, Jezebel has no issue hanging onto her sword as Harnetta takes her for a spin through the air, but she does give a grunt as she attempts something potentially disastrous when the both of them are well above the ground and in the middle of the cartwheel. The lavender woman has absolutely no trouble fighting dirty as she holds onto the sword and she brings her knee up sharply to try and slam it into the half-dragon's groin at a moment her legs are spread. Sure, Harnetta might be female now but it wasn't going to matter all that much where pain is concerned. A bundle of nerves was a bundle of nerves after all.
    Last edited by UncleWolf; 2017-11-16 at 03:15 PM.

15. - Top - End - #495
    Ogre in the Playground

The Lotus Gardens - Duel

Harnetta is surprised when Jezebel's own acrobatics bring her with Harnetta, and more surprised when the other woman goes for the crotch. When the pair land, it's clearly not as clean as Harnetta was intending, and while she keeps a hand on the Eviscerator's grip, she takes a quick swipe with her other hand to try and keep Jezebel from making an attack while she gets her bearings.

16. - Top - End - #496
    Ogre in the Playground

The Lotus Gardens - Duel

When they land, Jezebel's hand slips along the grip of her Eviscerator, giving a small tap to the weight manipulator and while Harnetta's strength likely isn't inconvenienced by having to hold onto the weapon's full weight, it allows Jezebel greater leverage. The agile woman kicks her legs out from beneath herself, through Harnetta's and uses the weapon as her pivot and anchor. She launches herself feet first beneath Harnetta, aiming to slide right next to the half-dragon's ditched sword so she can scoop it up and get right back to her feet, armed and ready to defend herself.

The Eviscerator on the other hand will begin to cycle down unless Harnetta can figure out the pressure switches enough to keep the chains engaged and running.

17. - Top - End - #497
    Ogre in the Playground

The Lotus Gardens - Duel

Jezebel won't be stopped, though she may have to deal with a slap to the face from the half-dragon's tail when she passes below.

Hernatta dances away, holding the eviscerator like a normal weapon for the most part. She's experienced enough to understand the use of large, blocky weapons - for that's what the eviscerator is right at the moment, as she doesn't have the knowledge of the controls to make it more.

Jezebel's hand on Conflict, however, will feel slick, ungainly, and like the weapon is poorly balanced. It's also much heavier than one might expect for the size. She is not the current wielder of the weapon, and the blade knows this; everything but the surprising weight is the weapon disagreeing with Jezebel's choice to take it. That said, she may note a certain kind of... eagerness behind that disapproval. If Jezebel can win against Harnetta, using the blade or not, it will accept her as a wielder.

It's not sapience, not even sentience. Simply a concept given form. And that concept is victory.

18. - Top - End - #498
    Ogre in the Playground

The Lotus Gardens - Duel

Jezebel's cheek sports a small scrape where Harnetta's scales dig into her fair skin, but she avoids being hurt any more seriously than that. Given how much of a pummeling her face has taken already though, a more solid hit would make the cracked cheek solidly broken. Regardless, she frowns slightly when she picks up Conflict and she realizes what is going on readily enough. The thought of the blade being disagreeable with her wasn't an enjoyable one and she clicks her tongue at it to chastise the blade. "Grow up." She tells it as she shifts her grip. The sword had a serious weight to it and wanted to squirm away from her, but she keeps one hand right below the crossguard and the other lifting it up from the back while she holds it point-first away from her.

She doesn't give Harnetta any longer to get used to her own weapon and charges forward, wielding the sword more like a spear than a blade.

19. - Top - End - #499
    Ogre in the Playground

The Lotus Gardens - Duel

Harnetta catches the strike on the guard of the eviscerator, and then grabs the back of the eviscerator blade, half-swording the tip towards Jezebel's stomach. Even if Jezebel avoids the blod, harnetta's quick step forward to bring the pommel into the other woman's body as sort of a one-two punch should be a problem.

20. - Top - End - #500

[The Toy Tinker]

Jim nods. "I mean, don't go nuts. I don't want to be walking around in a suit of plate but like...I dunno, what's the standard order for this? Leather? Coats? Chainmail?" he asks. Really, Sticks is the expert here. Jim only knows what to expect from TV.

"To be totally transparent, I'm not completely sure what we'll find down there. It would be best if you were as safe as could be. Are you comfortable with fighting again?"
    Sticks asks, going to dig around in his bins. After a couple of minutes he assembles what looks like the coat and trousers of a British-Colonial soldier, though the coat of this suit appears to fitted on the inside with plates of armor. It is not the traditional red and white, either, instead opting for black dye and blazing orange-gold trim. A number of shiny bands that look like badges of honor run down both sides of the lapel.

"Here,"
    says Sticks. "I'll adjust it to fit, but this ought to do something for you. It's a little garish if you don't have something to go with the coat, though..." Sticks hmms.

[Malechenar Party]

"Hi, Cessie. Jezebel. And Dena,"
    Oh. There's Adir. He has gone and appeared nearby, holding a goblet of something or other. He looks surprised to be there, almost, and blinks. "Um. How are you guys doing?"

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

21. - Top - End - #501
    Ogre in the Playground

Lotus Gardens - Duel

Jezebel drops her hand from the blade, allowing it to drop as Harnetta deflects the tip. She makes no effort to avoid the body-blow that lands square in her torso and causes her to lose quite a bit of breath as she grimaces, but she still retaliates. In return for the blade falling, she raises the pommel up hard, aiming to land the crossguard right on Harnetta's jaw. Whether it lands or not, Jezebel is visibly starting to feel the strain of having received so many blows on top of fighting her second duel so shortly after her first.

22. - Top - End - #502
    Ogre in the Playground

[Toy Tinker]

Jim looks like a kid who doesn't want to insult his parents by grimacing at their hand-me-downs.
    "Uh, it's nice boss. But garish is kind of the right word. What do you mean 'go with it?' Like, an overcoat or something?"

[MERC Office- Kids]

"I should put Faye down, I can't carry her forever. I think you're right, this can't have been going for years. " Koshal says. He looks around the place for footprints in the dust. If there are any, perhaps they'd show that the two hadn't left the room yet?

Either way, Koshal goes to put Faye down on one of the stone benches near the fountain.

23. - Top - End - #503
    Ogre in the Playground

Lotus Gardens - Duel

The guard indeed strikes Harnetta in the jaw, dazing the half-dragon a little, and disrupting the pattern of attacks Harnetta was moving into. She takes a step back, blinking, which will likely give Jezebel an opportunity to strike again, though this may be a feint.

24. - Top - End - #504
    Ogre in the Playground

The Lotus Gardens - Duel

Jezebel, breathing heavily, doesn't let up as she knows that regardless of whether or not it was a feint she simply didn't have the physical endurance anymore to stay even with Harnetta if this went on too much longer. She was out of shape, out of practice, and had to take every advantage she could get. She pulls the pommel back a little before attempting to ram it back into Harnetta's face again, and will attempt to do so a third time before taking the time to grab Conflict in both hands and give one last heavy and awkward slash at Harnetta's chest. The dueling field would absorb the blow of course, and there's every chance the chain of attacks will be interrupted by the half-dragon, especially if it was just a feint.

If it was, then Jezebel would be completely wide open to whatever retaliatory strike Harnetta had in mind.

25. - Top - End - #505

[Malechenar Party] - Important people!

((Time changes all the time IC, and I assumed it had been four years by now, unless Eastside have elections every other year, which seems strange.))

"Yes, the skylines are exactly one of the reasons we want to support you actually. You seem to want to be working towards connecting Southside to the rest of the city, and that's exactly the kind of endeavor we are striving for. I would at the very least want this city to have a functioning and interconnecting infrastructure. Once that is done, I think our city will be seen in a better light."

"Yes, but its only one step on the way, and if there is something I've learned is that promises about not changing ones outlook are hard to keep." Celestel begins, but suddenly stops as she seems to notice something or someone on the dance floor. "But you have to excuse me a moment, I have something to attend to." Suddenly there is a servant woman there, ready to take the Ryhe doll as Celestel moves away. He just smiles though. "Such a busy pet, but one can't waste ones short life, no? Certainly the principle of these parties, to enjoy life while you have it. Speaking of which, dinner will start soon. Are you two going to attend?"

"We ought to. I just don't know where to start." Irena admits, she had never been a party this big or fancy before. It was kind of overwhelming.
    But suddenly a brown-skinned woman in white and black which makes her appear like a skeleton. Considering the thick layer of paint, it is actually hard tell if she is actually wearing a top or not. If she is, it has to be a a very small one. However, she is also wearing several necklaces made out of bone and a short tattered green skirt with several long metal pins attached to it that both provide some coverage.
    before Irena's widened eyes, she offers her hand to shake. "Greetings, I am lady Celestel and it was I who invited you here." She says with a brilliant smile, her teeth pearly white. "So I'm very glad that you came."

Hunter Office

The gorgon glances at Celestel who simply waves her hand which appears to be enough of a gesture for both the gorgon and Celestel's two guards to leave. "What do you think I want?" Celestel asks firmly once they're gone. "This is a matter of both pride and public image, not to mention how dangerous this demon is. I wasn't kidding about that. Several warlocks have died attempting to deal with it. So that's why I'm here, if anyone lesser than me would come here, you wouldn't think we considered it serious enough, and we do. We cannot allow these types of rebellions."

[MERC Office- Kids]

The stone floors actually look clean, completely dust-free.
    And as they suspected, as Koshal approaches the stone benches, and Hekta panickedly starts scooting away, the closed door slowly opens.

On the other side everyone with dark vision will see a figure that's even shorter than Iknika dressed in a black robe staring back at them with its orb-like white eyes. "Tshe, not again..." It hisses and starts reaching into its robe for something.

Eastside Hospital

Zhareen suddenly looks sheepish, her tail moving up to curl up around her. "What did I say?" She repeats, now with more concern. Where was Vax? She needed her right now...
    Nazaan has other priorities however as he positions herself in front of the door when the doctor attempts to leave. "Just what are you planning to do with that information? Since as far as I'm concerned, if you're going to crawl back to your mistress to inform her, you have to ask the lady's permission first." He gestures at Zhareen.
    "It's okay, it's okay, Nazaan, I just want to know what I said." She insists as she looks between the doctors and Nazaan.

Vax will be able to feel her wives concern through the necklaces they share.

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    [Malechenar Party]

"Hi, Cessie. Jezebel. And Dena,"
    Oh. There's Adir. He has gone and appeared nearby, holding a goblet of something or other. He looks surprised to be there, almost, and blinks. "Um. How are you guys doing?"
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleWolf View Post
    Malechenar Party - Dance Hall

Jezebel smiles gently when Dena comes close and she can't resist the urge to reach up towards one of the snakes leaning out towards her. She gently rub beneath its chin and around where the ears would be, completely comfortable with serpents. "I remember you, though when we met in passing at a beach I don't remember there being quite so many snakes." Jezebel admits, taking a sip of her drink even as she continues to pet the snake. She can't help but mull over the thought of her and Cessie being enemies however. "I wouldn't quite say we were complete enemies, even at our worst." She decides. "I can't speak for Lady Mithar of course, but to me an enemy is someone you try to kill or end. No redemption, no remorse. She and I might have been incredibly antagonistic towards one another in the past, and certainly hateful, but my troubles were less with her and more with Vigil and Watchtower. As far as I can recall even, I can't really name a time when Cessie had done me direct wrong." Once she's done talking, she takes another sip before peering at her mostly empty glass.
    Malechenar Party - Dance Hall - Gents & Ladies

No one has a more surprised look than Dena when Jezebel starts petting one of her snakes. Not even she did that, and she had them for hair!
    She doesn't pull away though, not really sure what to think. Was Jezebel invading her personal space? Suddenly stroking another persons hair usually counted as that, even if they person just happened to have hair made of serpents. "Interesting, for me anyone who might turn on me is a potential enemy." Dena remarks as if nothing was happening. "Which of course is nearly everyone." She smiles.

"A wide definition." Cessie remarks. "But I think Miss Tel'vree's definition is too narrow. Not that it matters since I certainly don't consider us enemies now. Things were very different back then."

Then a wild Adir appears!

The first thing Cessie notices is that Ilpholin isn't by his side, was she at the bathroom, or had something else happened?
    "Adir." She says with a polite smile. "I did not expect you to see you here besides Ilpholin. Must be hard getting free time for this with all the little ones."

"Yes, must be quite a lot of work. Laela certainly is a little project in herself."
    Dena says, smiling at the stag. "But it is nice seeing you out like this. Much better circumstances than our last meeting, yes?"
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2017-11-17 at 08:05 PM.

26. - Top - End - #506

[Toy Tinker]

Jim looks like a kid who doesn't want to insult his parents by grimacing at their hand-me-downs.
    "Uh, it's nice boss. But garish is kind of the right word. What do you mean 'go with it?' Like, an overcoat or something?"

"No, something stylish to match! Don't you know anything about clothes, Jim?"
    Sticks asks, raising his eyebrows. Sticks might wear a patchwork cloak but he cleans up pretty well when he wants to.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

27. - Top - End - #507
    Titan in the Playground

[MERC Office- Kids]

"Uh... who goes there?" Iknika asks, pointing her improvised weapon at the figure. She's trying to sound less scared and confused than she is.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

28. - Top - End - #508
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Toy Tinker]

Jim raises an eyebrow.
    "Sure I do, boss. I have one torso, two arms and two legs. So if you're holding a coat and pants, which you should know my feelings about, by the way, and I can't wear shoes, the only other things I can wear are a shirt,
    an overcoat, gloves, and a hat on top or under it."
    he insists.
    Jim probably hasn't worn a pair of pants since he met Sticks, opting for more kilt-like clothes, except for the times he tried to practice his illusion by wearing nothing at all and casting over it.

29. - Top - End - #509
    Ogre in the Playground

[MERC Office - Kids]

Eliseo springs off the bench when a mystery person shows up. What the... He starts inching toward the edge of the room. He's not sure where this is going, but he's sure he doesn't want to be in the thick of people when it does.

Oh, well so much for that plan. It's probably fine. Irena was being clueless anyway. "Hello, Celestel. I'll be honest, I wasn't exactly expecting an invitation. I don't think we know each other at all."

Malechenar Party - Dance Hall - Too many people

Kirk raises an eyebrow at Adir. Why does literally everyone but him know this guy? Well, he might as well inject himself. "Kirk." he extends his hand to the other man. "It's Adir I take it? Apparently I'm alone in not having the pleasure." His voice takes on a joking tone.

30. - Top - End - #510

[The Toy Tinker]

Jim raises an eyebrow.
    "Sure I do, boss. I have one torso, two arms and two legs. So if you're holding a coat and pants, which you should know my feelings about, by the way, and I can't wear shoes, the only other things I can wear are a shirt,
    an overcoat, gloves, and a hat on top or under it."
    he insists.
    Jim probably hasn't worn a pair of pants since he met Sticks, opting for more kilt-like clothes, except for the times he tried to practice his illusion by wearing nothing at all and casting over it.

"Jim, I didn't mean literally 'with it'. I meant something that matches. Something black, maybe,"
    says Sticks, muddling around. "Though without pants, this coat is just a bit too grand. Why don't you glamour it into something you like?" Sticks smirks. "If you can."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters