New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast

Thread: Riverside 19

1. - Top - End - #511
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Riverside 19

[Malechenar Party] - Important people!

"I will." Mia says. "Up to now I don't got a reason to leave early and there are many people to talk with."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

2. - Top - End - #512
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    "Yes, the skylines are exactly one of the reasons we want to support you actually. You seem to want to be working towards connecting Southside to the rest of the city, and that's exactly the kind of endeavor we are striving for. I would at the very least want this city to have a functioning and interconnecting infrastructure. Once that is done, I think our city will be seen in a better light."

"Yes, but its only one step on the way, and if there is something I've learned is that promises about not changing ones outlook are hard to keep." Celestel begins, but suddenly stops as she seems to notice something or someone on the dance floor. "But you have to excuse me a moment, I have something to attend to." Suddenly there is a servant woman there, ready to take the Ryhe doll as Celestel moves away. He just smiles though. "Such a busy pet, but one can't waste ones short life, no? Certainly the principle of these parties, to enjoy life while you have it. Speaking of which, dinner will start soon. Are you two going to attend?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    "I will." Mia says. "Up to now I don't got a reason to leave early and there are many people to talk with."
    "Sounds like a foolish thing to promise. Should have promised not to change the goals you work towards."
    Then Celestel is called away by - whatever she has to do. Skye doesn't watch who are what she's left for.
    "Oh, of course."
    "As for dinner, Lord Rhye, I don't eat. But I expect the company there will be worth keeping."
    She nods to Mia. Many people to talk with. Quite right.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

3. - Top - End - #513
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post

"Jim, I didn't mean literally 'with it'. I meant something that matches. Something black, maybe,"
    says Sticks, muddling around. "Though without pants, this coat is just a bit too grand. Why don't you glamour it into something you like?" Sticks smirks. "If you can."
    [The Toy Tinker]

Jim grins at the challenge. He holds up the jacket and does his favorite trick in reverse: he makes the jacket disappear.
    ”There, much more pleasing on the eye.”

[MERC Office- kids]

Koshal bows to the newcomer respectfully.
    ”I’m sorry for the intrusion. We’re chasing some friends of ours. One of them can make them invisible. I don’t know if they passed through here.” he admits, carefully positioning himself in front of Faye.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

4. - Top - End - #514
    Halfling in the Playground

biggrin Re: Riverside 19

[The Toy Tinker]

Sticks snorts. "A master illusionist and wiseacre already. As you wish it."

"Now that you're a little better equipped, all we have to do is find some people brave enough to accompany us on our journey."
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

5. - Top - End - #515

[MERC Office- kids]

The cloaked figure takes out a ball which it lobs into the air where it suddenly opens in burst of light, releasing something far too large to be able to fit into such a small ball.

"So you're chasing invisible friends down into my bathroom are you, yes?" The hooded figure asks skeptically as the swirling vortex of a being stares upon them in silence. "Demanding my name in my own domain, arrogant you brats are." The white eyes narrow. "Give me your names, now."

Hekta, meanwhile, can't help but smile. Now those guys were getting into so much trouble! Ha! Serves them right for assaulting her!

"Truly? What a marvelous gift, not the haunted by the specter of hunger. As a being defined by his hunger, I can't help but to feel envy. Perhaps I shall inquire more into this later, but for now..." Ryhe raises his little doll hand and suddenly one of the servants ring a bell.

"Food will be served in the dinner hall in ten minutes." He loudly declares while gesturing towards the large twin doors that opens up, revealing a magnificent dinner table on the other side. There are candles floating around in the air above the table spreading the light evenly across the room.

"Shall we?" Ryhe asks as the servant holding him makes her way into the dinner room.

[Malechenar Party - Dance Hall] - Irena/Nadia

Irena can't help but leer a tiny bit, despite being in the presence of her own wife, what else would she do when some sexy lady approached her in what looked like only a layer of body-paint?!
    "Uh, hey." She glances back at Nadia only to find herself looking at her wives chest instead, dammit! They were conspiring against her with all these sexy costumes!

Celestel shakes Nadia's hand and smiles as Irena is busy not trying to look at either of them. "Yes, and I wanted to take steps to change that." She admits. "You are the only noble family in west- and northside that don't come to our parties, so I figured that I would at least attempt to invite you to see if you were interested. Show you a bit what they're about. I would love if our little community got some new blood." She pauses. "In addition, I also wish to make sure there aren't any bad blood between us. It has come to my attention that the fourth tower, who seek residence within our castle, performed unspeakable magic against your family at the behest of a vile goddess. So I want you to know that Malechenar in no way condone these actions and I wish to personally apologize to the both of you for our association and protection of them. I understand this might simply be bringing up old bad memories at this point, but I feel it deserves to be addressed."

This does catch Irena's attention, She had honestly forgotten the details at this point, but what she said was true. The castle-people had protected those messed up cultists who had hurt Nadia. She looks at her, suddenly concerned that Celestel had somehow had upset her wife.

The Lotus Gardens - Sleepover(Adults)

"I could try making my own, but I think your suggestion have potential. If you two work together, you might be able to come up with something better than my spirit wards. The disadvantage with those is that they would hurt Sakura, and perhaps even the children. Indeed, the wards I use can be dangerous to anyone due to the material I make them off, not a good thing in a home with so many children." Cessie remarks. "Your wards might have similar problems, so perhaps third path would be best."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2017-11-22 at 12:30 PM.

6. - Top - End - #516
    Ogre in the Playground

Eastside Hospital

A pair of rather large and muscular orderlies step between the doctor and Nazaan, but the doctor stops anyways and placates the pair with a hand held up gently. It was part of the job for orderlies to protect the staff after all, but the doctor keeps them from going too far too quickly. "You went full on prophetic here, and we can either sit and debate, or I can go and make a call to the local Hunters to keep them from dragging you three off to cells because as it stands you are "fit for confinement". There are certain protocols in place that should provide a bit of protection, but only if I act quickly. As for what you said..." He pauses for just a moment before repeating it back to her verbatim and then giving Nazaan a glare. "Now again. Your choice. Do you want a cell or do you want out of here?" He asks rhetorically before departing regardless to make the phone call. This time the Orderlies will intervene if there's any attempt to stop the doctor.

Outside, the Hunter gives a shrug and digs into a pocket for a meal replacement bar to offer to her. "Shouldn't be too much longer I imagine if nothing much is an issue. This isn't the greatest of hospitals so treatment is mostly through potions and pills when magical, but they're good at diagnosing and that's the important one since your gal was unconscious. And I doubt the bar will be much, but it's usually enough calories for a day."

Eastside Hunter's Office

"And there's the key word I was waiting for to tell me it was politics. Rebellion."
    Hunter Jones says, making a small gesture at the final word as he gives a sigh. "So you want this swept under the rug, the three returned to you to be made an example of, and to save face, right?" He asks before shaking his head. "I'm not going to drag them out of a hospital that your man sent them to after a merry chase. We'll have PR issues of our own if we do something like that too since they've already been seen by too many people." He states before striking up a match to finally light his cigarette. "How about a middle ground though? Public denouncement and exile from Northside for all three, on pain of prison time should they even step foot in there or Westside again, we place them upon something like house arrest, and..." He takes a small puff on his cigarette to relax before sighing. "And we get your demon back to you. Bottled up possibly. I know a cleric or two who can probably safely manage a Seal. Perhaps this isn't the answer you or your Lords want, but something else has come up that's thrown a kink into the works. Especially since I wouldn't have minded just shoving the three back to you otherwise."

Malechenar Party - Dena/Cessie/Jezebel/Kirk/Adir

If Dena looks uncomfortable with Jezebel petting the snakes, Jezebel doesn't seem to notice although she does smile slightly. "It is mostly just a matter of perspective and upbringing. The society one is raised in definitely changes a person, and my own has more than likely shaped me into the person I am today even if I despise many things that sprung forth from the Imperium." Jezebel admits. She's turns to Kirk, about to ask a question when Adir shows up. The others might notice a slight wary glance from her towards the balcony he and Ilpholin had left towards earlier, but she instantly breaks out into a grin and slips her arm around Adir's. "Lord Frescot! Just the person I was hoping to talk to." She says cheerfully as she puts her empty glass on the platter of a passing servant in order to take the goblet from the stag. "And thank you for the drink. I had just finished my own. Come, please. I have a couple matters that I'd like to discuss with you. Privately." She states before attempting to just outright drag Adir away back towards the bar.

Cessie knows it isn't exactly like Jezebel to act like that for no reason, but Jezebel knows the two aren't getting along at the moment so probably decided to "take one for the team".

The Lotus Gardens - Sleepover

Ariel leans over, rummaging through things for a moment before falling onto her face with a giggle as she holds up the box triumphantly. "Onwards!" She shouts cheerfully. She'll take just a moment to pick up Cuddles as well and use a toe to hit Pause on the DVD player before following her friend out of the room to go looking for their mothers.

Downstairs, the lavender Lady gives a nod. "Maybe I could work something out between the Purity Seals, your techniques, Ambrosia's, and the methods I learned about the Cuthun Corruption." She says mostly to herself, making a mental tally before shaking her head to dismiss it all for the moment. "Regardless, we should probably check up on the children. Things have been too quiet. I may not be much of a mother, but I've learned that quiet is the last thing we should desire."

7. - Top - End - #517
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by UncleWolf View Post
    The Lotus Gardens - Duel

Jezebel, breathing heavily, doesn't let up as she knows that regardless of whether or not it was a feint she simply didn't have the physical endurance anymore to stay even with Harnetta if this went on too much longer. She was out of shape, out of practice, and had to take every advantage she could get. She pulls the pommel back a little before attempting to ram it back into Harnetta's face again, and will attempt to do so a third time before taking the time to grab Conflict in both hands and give one last heavy and awkward slash at Harnetta's chest. The dueling field would absorb the blow of course, and there's every chance the chain of attacks will be interrupted by the half-dragon, especially if it was just a feint.

If it was, then Jezebel would be completely wide open to whatever retaliatory strike Harnetta had in mind.
    [The Lotus Gardens- Duel]

Jezebel will manage to interrupt Harnetta's attack, but after the first strike to the face with that pommel, her iron grip on the eviscerator shows itself, and will interrupt Jezebel's attack from going through. Then, when Jezebel attempts to slash Conflict across Harnetta's chest, the half-dragon will let one hand go off of the eviscerator and grab onto Jezebel's wrist. Unless something stops her, Harnetta will then pull Jezebel forward, a little off balance, and deliver a horribly powerful headbutt to Jezebel's face. Hopefully the dueling field can take that.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

8. - Top - End - #518
    Titan in the Playground

[MERC Office- kids]

"I'm Iknika," the goblins says. "And it was a burglar! We caught her and she escaped here!" She doesn't know what this is, but the whole situation spiralled out of control fast.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

9. - Top - End - #519

"Truly? What a marvelous gift, not the haunted by the specter of hunger. As a being defined by his hunger, I can't help but to feel envy. Perhaps I shall inquire more into this later, but for now..." Ryhe raises his little doll hand and suddenly one of the servants ring a bell.

"Food will be served in the dinner hall in ten minutes." He loudly declares while gesturing towards the large twin doors that opens up, revealing a magnificent dinner table on the other side. There are candles floating around in the air above the table spreading the light evenly across the room.

"Shall we?" Ryhe asks as the servant holding him makes her way into the dinner room.

"There are enougth people who fear big changes." Mia replies to Skye.
    Then Mia will head for the dinning room. After a few steps she looks at the other guests to see who will go for dinner as well.

10. - Top - End - #520
    Ogre in the Playground

[MERC Office - Kids]

Now what is that thing? Eliseo shifts closer to the door. He wants to be in a position where he can make an exit at a moment's notice. He might as well not get in trouble along with these two. It's not like it's gonna be anything worse than that... right?

[Eastside Hospital]

Vax moves from her relaxed position. Something is wrong. "I've waited long enough. Bring my wife to me and we will be leaving." Even if it's a false alarm, they've lingered here for long enough already.

[The Lotus Gardens - Sleepover]

Cora doesn't really know where her mom is... or anything about this place, but she's going to look! Ariel will have to be her guide as they poke around to try and find the adults. They have to be around here somewhere, right?

Nadia purses her lips slightly, but forces a smile. "That's very kind of you to say." She tries to push the emotion of that to the back of her mind. Now really isn't the time. "But that's the past, isn't it. Why don't you tell us more about these gatherings."

11. - Top - End - #521
    Ogre in the Playground

[MERC Office- Kids]

"Uncle Krayger says not to give my name out to strangers. We're just here to find our friend. He has to be out before his moms find out he's gone and if he doesn't turn away from a life of crime he'll be questioned for hours and probably get grounded for not being home." Koshal insists, unslinging his sword and holding it up with one hand with the other one open in a surrender sort of gesture. A pretty basic trick, since he actually can't draw it while it's on his back...

[The Toy Tinker]

Jim nods. "I can put some word out if you do too. Tell them to meet up in a week?" the faun suggests.

12. - Top - End - #522

Eastside Hunter's Office

Celestel casually flattens out her dress against her stomach and waist before she replies. "Before you bargain away a cow, sir, you should make sure you have it in your herd, as they say. Since Vax won't give away that demon willingly and as we've learned, she isn't that easy to convince. Therefore, I will consider that offer once I know you actually have the demon, otherwise you might as well be offering me a empty air, sir. But trust me though, it's in both our best interest if that demon is sealed away for good so I would go ahead and do that as soon as possible."

"Yes, you're right. We should see to them, I know better to leave Cora out of sight for too long."
    She had assumed Jezebel had servant who kept an eye on them though so she wasn't too worried. "Quiet might mean that they're getting along though." Hopefully.

So Jezebel and Cessie will likely run into Ariel and Cora.

[Eastside Hospital]

Nazaan just stares at the doctor for a moment before he finds his words again. "In that case, can we leave? Since she seems well enough to move again." He gestures at Zhareen who still seems rather shaken by the whole experience.
    "It's alright, Naz, it really is. But the words I said, they're easy to misunderstand and I could help you with that." She attempts to argue. "But I would want to see my wife first, please."

Irena still seems tense after Celestel's explanation and says nothing, her eyes lingering on her wife, reading into her every gesture now.
    Yet still Celestel continues. "There are the occasional party like this one of course, but we also arrange play dates, book clubs and even the occasional little safari and other activity. Last week for instance we visited the hunting grounds. Quite a fascinating place." She explains with a smile. "A lot of people in our little circle have either too little or far too much free time, so it is something we all can enjoy."

[MERC Office- Kids]

"Funny, my mother told me the very same thing." The cloaked stranger remarks dryly to Koshal. "But what does your friends look like then, yeah? Since I'm sure, invisible or not, my servants can find them for you. I won't allow any kids or burglars to run around in my temple unsupervised, not all all."

Hekta reaches into the air and manages to grab Eliseo's hand. It seems like she is attempting to pull him in the direction of the door they entered through. To sneak past Koshal and Iknika without them noticing...
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2017-11-28 at 04:40 PM.

13. - Top - End - #523

"There are enough people who fear big changes." Mia replies to Skye.
    Then Mia will head for the dinning room. After a few steps she looks at the other guests to see who will go for dinner as well.
    "It's no gift, but something I claimed for myself. It is a lengthy story, though. Hmm. Perhaps later I can hear that you'd really take the chance not to be yourself." If Hunger defines him, who would he be without it? Most people cling tightly to what makes them unique, no matter how painful it is. Possibly the vampire is a kindred spirit.
    The General follows along to the dining room, not sparing a glance for any other guests quite yet.
    "True, but you aren't one of those people afraid of change, are you, High Priestess Mechanicus?" Perhaps that comment isn't meant quite seriously. Fear is the path to the dark side, after all.

[The Toy Tinker]

Would you believe someone is here simply to buy toys?
    Ruby Ignitis, one of the nephilim leaders, has come up from Southside for the purpose. The dragon-person, for once wearing casual clothes instead of a uniform, is watching the animate toys move themselves about with some little bafflement.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

14. - Top - End - #524
    Ogre in the Playground

"A dangerous destination for a casual outing, don't you think?" Nadia smiles pleasantly, though Irena might notice she's a little stiff right now. "It'd be rude to turn down such a kind offer, though. My mother would be disappointed in me. Perhaps I can give you my number and you can call before the next outing. A little easier than paper."

15. - Top - End - #525

[The Toy Tinker]

"Sounds like a fine idea to me,"
    says Sticks, nodding in agreement. And they can likely part ways then, for the moment.

And later...

Ruby will seem to be alone in the shop for a short while before a voice speaks from somewhere closeby. She can look up to see a tall, skinny elven man standing in one of the shop's short aisles. He is fair of skin, and his eyes twinkle with a strange fey light. His hair is a shock of combed autumn red. Strangest of all: his arms, legs, and a few small parts of his face appear to be made of finely worked brass. He wears finely tailored trousers and a sleeveless vest with polished gold buttons.

Sticks folds his arms behind his back and smiles, speaking softly. "You seem somewhat bewildered, young lady."

[Malechenar Party - Dance Hall]

"Yes. Much better. Less explosions, so far,"
    Adir says, addressing Dena first and nodding his head politely. "You know how Sakura is, Cessie. She could manage all by herself if she wanted."

Adir turns to eye Kirk, raising his eyebrows, then smiles as he shakes the drow's hand. "If you wanna take it that way, sure. Nice to meet you, pal. You look like one of Dena's friends. You know, I--" Ack, Adir's wine goblet is stolen! And Jezebel is trying to buddy up to him! Adir is so startled by the suddenness of these gestures that he lets himself be led away without complaint, though he does give a little wave to the others. "Uh, catch up later I guess?"

The stag at least waits until they're out of earshot to extricate himself from Jezebel's grip. He gives her a terse, squirrely look. "I'd appreciate it if you didn't touch me, thanks. What the hell was all that?"

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

16. - Top - End - #526
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Toy Tinker]

Jim gives the Commandant a smile as he folds his invisible coat.
    "Can we help you find anything, ma'am?" he asks her.

17. - Top - End - #527

Default [The Toy Tinker]

Ruby winces upon seeing the elf. He lost all of his limbs and had to get those metal replacements? Poor guy.
    "I've never seen such a variety of...whatever these are. And moving on their own like that." Although she's got the concept, the closest thing to a toy that she's ever owned was her first practice laser-gun, so they're rather unfamiliar in person.

And here's some sort of salesman!
    "I'm looking for something for younglings, just hatched."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

18. - Top - End - #528

[Malechenar Party] - The ladies and the vampire

The servant sets Ryhe down at a tiny throne that sits in the middle of the table which seems to have specifically made with the doll in mind as the back of it is even sculpted to look as the dolls face. "Ha! We'll see about that general. I am very much intrigued by personal stories though. People in general interest me, but I feel you never to truly know them until you learn what events that came to define them." He explains while sitting down on the little doll throne. "Most of my kin don't like to discuss this with 'outsiders' but we feed upon the memories of humans and to me, that makes me utterly fascinated by them, or you if you prefer." He smiles at them. "I prefer being open about these sort of things, as you can hear. Just don't let it disturb you, I am as harmless as a dove."

[Malechenar Party - Dance Hall] - Kirk/Dena/Cessie/Adir/Jezebel

"Sakura is amazing like that." Cessie agrees, having no clue how the woman did it.
    Dena doesn't look uncomfortable with Jezebel touching her snakes, simply surprised. "You should know that we got that assassin in the end, Adir. He attempted to assault our base alone, threatening to kill everyone inside, which ended predictably enough."
    Kirk have heard this story before. Dena certainly isn't a stranger when it comes to far tales.

But then Jezebel grabs Adir and leads him away.

"I'll see you later then." Cessie had known that Jezebel wanted to talk to Adir, but she didn't expect her to steal him away so abruptly. But at least she never would have to call Adir, "lord Frescot".
    The sorceress then turns to Kirk who she could swear she had seen somewhere before. "Erm, yes. Are you and Miss Zifhara husband and wife by any chance?"
    That causes Dena to nearly spit out the drink she had been sipping and have hold the back of her hand pressed against her lips a moment.

Cessie looks confused, was that a 'no'...? She hadn't offended them with a simple question, right?

Yes, as if Nadia though disappointing her mom would be a bad thing. Irena really can't help but to smile widely at that comment.
    She was pretty sure Nadia was disappointing her mother simply by going to this party in that dress.
    "Yes, very disappointed." Irena adds, resisting the urge to feel up her wives butt. Another thing she suspected Nadia's mother would disapprove of, especially in public, which made it so very tempting to show up that old hag.

She had to admit though, going into the hunting grounds did sound kinda exciting.

If Celestel noticed Irena's sheer amusement over that statement, she isn't showing it. Instead she smiles back and nods. "Excellent, I'm very glad that you decided to join us. Of course, as you pointed out the danger of the hunting grounds, I feel I should clarify that some of our members a bit extreme in their choice of entertainment. Hunting big beasts, sky diving, cliff climbing, fencing... they like to try out all sort of peculiar activities."

[Some distance from Riverside]

At several remote areas outside the city there are flashes of light, causing strange black obelisks to appear along with several huge horned creatures wearing heavy black armor. They go around the area around the obelisk performing some type of ritual...
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2017-11-30 at 05:15 AM.

19. - Top - End - #529
    Titan in the Playground

[MERC Office- Kids]

"Uh..." Iknika decides to deflect the question. Hekta is a weird little creep they'd be better off without, but she doesn't want to just rat out Eliseo. "We didn't know there was a temple here. Or anything at all. We're pretty deep under the city."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

20. - Top - End - #530
    Ogre in the Playground

Eastside Hospital

"You may see her, but you leave and every Hunter here in Eastside will be after you." Hunter Joan says, her tone leaving no argument as she tucks her notepad into a pocket. "In case you don't remember, we had intercepted you barging down the middle of the street, being chased by people after rolling through the border between here and Northside. Frankly, I don't know what's going on, I doubt you're telling me the truth, and I honestly? I don't care. This is getting to be more trouble than its worth, which tells me this isn't something i want to deal with. However, what I do care about is that until my superior gives you leave to go, I'm sticking with you." She says firmly before opening the hospital door and gesturing for Vax to head on in.

She won't be barred from finding her wife, and when they're reunited, the doctors and orderlies will depart the room though the Hunter stands guard right outside the door.

Eastside Hunter's Office

"Twenty-four hours. Give us that. Twenty-four hours if they accept the offer for turning the demon back over to you. If we can't do it or if they decide they don't trust us, your agents will get free reign provided they don't cause collateral damage or harm other investigations. Deal?"
    Hunter Jones says, offering his hand to shake.

The Lotus Gardens - Duel

This time around, with her strength far less than Harnetta's and no real good way to escape the grapple, is unable to avoid the brutal headbutt she's given. Unfortunately, it seems Harnetta hadn't noticed the dueling fields worked against the manufactured weapons, but not against body-to-body blows. Jezebel leans her forehead slightly forward to absorb some of it, but she lacks the spongy bone tissue to take it without issue and there's a very loud crack and she falls limp for a moment. It seems that Harnetta's won this one due to knocking out Jezebel.

It doesn't take long for the two kids and pet cat-slime to find their mothers. Ariel, juggling the cat-slime and the DVD case, nearly stumbles but Jezebel kneels quickly to support her and takes the pet from them. "Found it and couldn't say no." Jezebel admits, holding up the cat-slime to Cessie to see. It tries to drip through her hands but it has too much structure to it. It does look at the mage and purr audibly though. Ariel looks eager to speak, but she lets Cora do their end of the talking since she seemed to know so much more.

Malechenar Party - A Quiet Corner at the Bar - Jezebel/Adir

Jezebel doesn't say a thing until they're seated at a quiet corner. "First, congratulations on your promotion to Lordship, Lord Frescot. Truly." She says, actually sounding sincere since she really was. "Second, whether you hate me or not you need to sit down and listen for you have royally messed up here already. And if you think no one noticed, you'd be wrong. Everyone has." She says, her tone hushed but forceful even as she smiles and offers him his goblet of wine back. "And before you say that you don't care, unfortunately for you, Lady Frescot, and The Empress, you no longer have the privilege to be uncaring."

21. - Top - End - #531
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Lotus Gardens - Duel]

Harnetta blinks when Jezebel goes limp, not having realized the dueling fields wouldn't protect Jezebel, "Oh hell," she kneels down to look Jezebel over, looking at the other woman's wound and see how bad it is - most likely a concussion, though not enough to kill her.

"Wenomir, could you get the butler, Charles? I didn't mean to hit her that hard," Or really at all. Hopefully, Charles will know where the first aid kit is.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

22. - Top - End - #532
    Titan in the Playground

[The Lotus Gardens - Duel]

Wenomir gets up before Harnetta even speaks. That wasn't supposed to happen.

"Right away," he says, before hurrying off to do just that.

23. - Top - End - #533
    Ogre in the Playground

[Malechenar Party - Dance Hall]

Ilpholin re-enters the room, emerging from the empty Gardens after crossing through from the Whispering Hall. As she looks around the area, her heart sinks a little lower, afraid he already left. The nymph starts to cross the room towards the Dining Hall, suspecting Adir to be there when she finally spots his tall form in the furthest corner of the bar. She might have missed him entirely if not for his new height. And he was with... Jezebel. Of course Jezebel was after Adir too. Any bubble of rage failed to find form or presence. Ilpholin couldn't muster the emotions any more tonight. It wasn't infuriating, it was just a fact of life. Well maybe she could keep him from becoming a thrall like Cessie at least.

Regardless, Adir is the one Ilpholin was looking for, so she makes a bee-line for his position. There's certainly time to get in a few more words, but she'll be there by the next post.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2017-12-01 at 05:04 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

24. - Top - End - #534

Eastside Hunter's Office

"Twenty four hours." Celestel agrees, reaching out to shake his hand. "I hope you can make them see reason then."

25. - Top - End - #535
    Ogre in the Playground

[MERC Office - Kids]

Yeah, Eliseo is just fine with being dragged out of there. He was probably on his way out anyway. There's a pang of guilt as he tries to leave undetected, but he does his best to quell it.

[Eastside Hospital]

"The only reason I'm not at my wife's side currently is that the building is too small for me." Vax says, all pleasantry immediately absent from her voice. It's just cold now. "Bring her out to me immediately."

"I like to think I'm a bit more than some mild mannered woman myself, though some of those might be a bit outside my comfort zone." Nadia chuckles a bit. "I'm sure there's plenty I'd be interested in."

[The Lotus Gardens - Sleepover]

Cora holds up the Watch Force box to her mom. "Mommy, I think there's someone pretending to be you in this show. Wenomir too." She seems very confused about that.

[Malechenar Party - Dance Hall] - Kirk/Dena/Cessie

Kirk tilts his head slightly as he processes that. Upon seeing Dena's reaction he immediately starts laughing. "Oh no, you have it all wrong, miss Mithar." He tries to sober himself before he adds, "We're lovers, of course, but I wouldn't dare be the man to try and tie Dena down. I'm afraid I just don't have the courage." He throws Dena a teasing wink. She's a dangerous one, alright.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2017-12-03 at 06:15 PM.

26. - Top - End - #536

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post

"It's no gift, but something I claimed for myself. It is a lengthy story, though. Hmm. Perhaps later I can hear that you'd really take the chance not to be yourself." If Hunger defines him, who would he be without it? Most people cling tightly to what makes them unique, no matter how painful it is. Possibly the vampire is a kindred spirit.
    The General follows along to the dining room, not sparing a glance for any other guests quite yet.
    "True, but you aren't one of those people afraid of change, are you, High Priestess Mechanicus?" Perhaps that comment isn't meant quite seriously. Fear is the path to the dark side, after all.

The servant sets Ryhe down at a tiny throne that sits in the middle of the table which seems to have specifically made with the doll in mind as the back of it is even sculpted to look as the dolls face. "Ha! We'll see about that general. I am very much intrigued by personal stories though. People in general interest me, but I feel you never to truly know them until you learn what events that came to define them." He explains while sitting down on the little doll throne. "Most of my kin don't like to discuss this with 'outsiders' but we feed upon the memories of humans and to me, that makes me utterly fascinated by them, or you if you prefer." He smiles at them. "I prefer being open about these sort of things, as you can hear. Just don't let it disturb you, I am as harmless as a dove."

[QUOTE=Shadowcaller;22617202][Malechenar Party] - The ladies and the vampire

"I can't deny that." Mia says to the General. "but don't we show our strength by overcoming fears?"
    Mia shivers a bit as the vampire states what they feed.
    "May I ask, do people remember their memories or will they be gone forever?" Kind of important, since will you remember that you lost them?

27. - Top - End - #537

"I can't deny that." Mia says to the General. "but don't we show our strength by overcoming fears?"
    Mia shivers a bit as the vampire states what they feed.
    "May I ask, do people remember their memories or will they be gone forever?" Kind of important, since will you remember that you lost them?
    "I'd prefer not." Skye comments, but in good humor. Human is such a crude, imprecise word. But how could Rhye know better? "Consider yourself something of a gourmet, do you? 'Harmless as a dove', and you'd fit in our palms or our plates like one too."

She gives Mia a nod as she takes a seat near the end of the table.
    "Quite right, high priestess. A healthy fear removes itself. Either it makes you strong enough to overcome it. Or it consumes you." Her costume changes, all the colors of the feathers draining away and bright lights flushing black.
    "You have a lot to fear, don't you? Losing your memories neither least nor most."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

28. - Top - End - #538
    Ogre in the Playground

[MERC Office- Kids]

”We’ll find our friend ourselves! We would never abandon him to be abducted by temple ghosts!” Koshal declares, oblivious to Iknika’s attempt to deflect the question and worrying about the prospect of more glowing ball things chasing down Eliseo.

29. - Top - End - #539

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    [The Toy Tinker]

Jim gives the Commandant a smile as he folds his invisible coat.
    "Can we help you find anything, ma'am?" he asks her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    Ruby winces upon seeing the elf. He lost all of his limbs and had to get those metal replacements? Poor guy.
    "I've never seen such a variety of...whatever these are. And moving on their own like that." Although she's got the concept, the closest thing to a toy that she's ever owned was her first practice laser-gun, so they're rather unfamiliar in person.

And here's some sort of salesman!
    "I'm looking for something for younglings, just hatched."

"Well, Jim, what do we have for newborn folks?"
    Sticks asks the faun expectantly, giving an eccentric smile. Sticks does not fail to notice the wince, but he doesn't make comment.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleWolf View Post

Malechenar Party - A Quiet Corner at the Bar - Jezebel/Adir

Jezebel doesn't say a thing until they're seated at a quiet corner. "First, congratulations on your promotion to Lordship, Lord Frescot. Truly." She says, actually sounding sincere since she really was. "Second, whether you hate me or not you need to sit down and listen for you have royally messed up here already. And if you think no one noticed, you'd be wrong. Everyone has." She says, her tone hushed but forceful even as she smiles and offers him his goblet of wine back. "And before you say that you don't care, unfortunately for you, Lady Frescot, and The Empress, you no longer have the privilege to be uncaring."

"Yeah, real lucky break. Shame it comes with talking to a lot of uppity types,"
    Adir jabs, crossing his arms before himself, making the feathers on his costume rustle. He refuses the wine with a petty wave of his hand. "I don't know what you're talking about, lady. Everyone here is way too goddamn self-involved to pay attention to me anyways. I'd much rather talk than listen. Like about how you're hanging around Cessie."
    Adir doesn't notice Ilpholin on the move quite yet. He just stays standing and glowering a bit at Jezebel.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

30. - Top - End - #540
    Ogre in the Playground

Eastside Hospital

"No." The Hunter says plainly, looking entirely unamused that she was the one being told what to do now. It's like she's not even law enforcement now. "Oh, wait, pardon me. Let me explain before you simply assume I'm being a bitch about this. No, I won't and I can't." She explains. "Inside there, the ER Doc has ultimate say. I can't force anyone to be released and I'm not going to go in and butt heads with him just because you tell me to. That is just how it works. The only way you're going to see her before that doctor releases her is if you lose all that extra mass and go in willingly. That's it."

Malechenar Party - Jezebel/Adir/Soon-To-Be-Ilpholin

"By walking in here with someone who wasn't your wife during your big premier as a Lord, you just broadcast that you're open to other relationships, Adir. Not just open, but hunting."
    Jezebel says, giving a short wave to dismiss his own query for a moment before she takes a sip of the wine he's now refused. She gives the goblet a small tilt of her head, respecting Adir's choice of drink before continuing. "Think about it, Lord Frescot. You show up, everyone knows you're married, and they're made to think But wait, where's Lady Frescot? Ohhhhhh..." She says with a shake of her fiery head. "At least, such thoughts were commonplace where I came from, but with just a small glance around, you should be able to tell there were more than a few eyes on you. And they were all judging. Next time, bring Sakura with you, laugh off any mention of this party, and move on. You'll do fine then. Besides, I'm sure she'd love a chance to dress up." Jezebel points out before taking another sip of the spiced wine.

"As for Cessie, everyone needs at least one friend. She's mine. Everyone seems to take offense to that somehow, as if I should just live out my existence inside a rusted pipe sticking out of the ground. That's what you're thinking, isn't it?"

Jezebel doesn't seem to notice Ilpholin's approach.

The Lotus Gardens - Duel

Jezebel is already coming around by the time Wenomir is taking his first steps to get the manservant, and she gives a groan as she shakes her head. "Don't bother." She tries to say, though it comes out as a slurred mess. At least she hadn't been out for more than a few seconds.