New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 34 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1488

Thread: Riverside 19

1. - Top - End - #991
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Riverside 19

[Northside Skies -> Westside Skies]

Lightning, always lightning. Ilpholin's strategy to find the enemy's forward headquarters did require a certain amount of speed to work. Then again, it was first formulated without a storm standing in the way. Regardless, she's tarried too long up here, dealing with delay after delay. She couldn't dodge them all.

The pain is intense. The pressure makes Ilpholin feel like her head is going to explode. There's a substantial drop in her elevation before she levels out again, flapping her wings wildly in twitchy spurts. She can either repair the damage or keep herself aloft. Her tech can't do both, not damaged as it is and only questionably benefiting from a magical song chaotically flitting in and out of effectiveness. It's definitely too much of a risk to shift out of them now, as she's unlikely to be able to reform their shape once they're gone.

Ilpholin has to trust her instincts and make a final push before she's blasted again. The closer to the goal, the tougher the opposition. The nymph gathers a burst of energy and speeds into the area she's trying to check.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

2. - Top - End - #992
    Ogre in the Playground

[Westside - Vigil & MERC]

Kal leans over to consult with Wenomir.
    "Uh... I'd be careful. There's something sketchy going on with that elf."

For his part, his grip on his pollaxe slackens as he draws one of his daggers with his off-hand - it's an ornate piece, decorated with dragons, with a blade made out of pure black metal.

"She's using blood magic. I can sense it." The tone of his voice is such that even if Wenomir doesn't know in this instance what 'blood magic' entails, specifically, he can tell that it's certainly bad news.

Cass for her part, is a little confused as she comes across the group. Something within those visions the demons had sent her had seemed... familiar. She had known the warrior - known who they were. She doesn't know any of these three people - well, she knows Kal, but he's hardly important. She's just about to ask who the hell these people are when the tall elf speaks.

Confusion turns into astonishment as 'Wenomir' introduces herself, of course.

"...You're kidding."
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2018-05-20 at 05:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

3. - Top - End - #993
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Electra blinks as Wenomir introduces himself in Anika's body. She doesn't know Xavouir, but considering Wenomir's actual body is nowhere to be seen, and from how Wenomir/Anika is acting, she's reasonably sure that he/she's telling the truth. She doesn't know Kal, either, but she guesses the third person who hasn't spoken yet must be Anika in this Xavouir's body. The corners of her mouth twitch, but her expression remains otherwise politely neutral. Inwardly, she's fighting a massive urge to facepalm. Great, just perfect. Cass and Wenomir together. Time to play dumb, then.

"I don't think he is, Cassandra. I'm assuming Anika's in that guy's body, then?" She says, gesturing with her free hand at Anika/Xavouir. She rests the barrel of the massive weapon in her right hand against her right pauldron, pointing it upwards and slightly behind her. "I'm game to help out; I was thinking we should probably go check on that angel guy anyways, both as a business and tactical matter." She looks to Cass, raising an eyebrow in a quizzical manner. "How about you?"
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

4. - Top - End - #994
    Firbolg in the Playground

[Southside - King in Rags]

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    The King appears to take a deep breath... but he doesn't have to breathe, does he? Still, the embers around him fade for a brief moment before starting to glow again.

"I feel it keener than ever before," he says. "I bent it to my will, before. Now it's part of me. As for my side of the pledge... what would you have me make for you?"
    The Commandant nods to The King.
    "How much can you do of flying things, given that air is not part of you any longer? You made that moth."
    "Aside from that, we need sneaks and spies, to go where we big bright soldiers cannot easily go. And we could use something big and solid, a centerpiece; the tanks carry a lot of firepower, but they're not tough."

She waves her claws expansively for emphasis.
    "Can you do that for us?"

[Outside the Drill Tank - Demonic Command Center]
    Quote Originally Posted by Nova_Eclipse View Post
    Zenon narrows his eyes at Itholos, as his smile turns predatory.

"We were ordered to pull our forces into shelter thanks to your storm being indiscriminate about who and what it attacks. Our forces can't be expected to take the field when our allies will be so indiscriminately destructive towards them. Our resources aren't inexhaustible, you know." He smiles wider, his gaze half-lidded. Unassuming. Dangerous. "And you are being influenced. But do you even realize it?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Itholos eyes get dangerously small as his gaze the moment Zenon mentions that they are being influenced by the song without noticing it. But then he slowly shrugs dismissively. “Then wait for your commander. We’ll deal with it, we cannot let the gods win this battle. It is our goal to free this world from them.”

“People, it looks like all my eyes in the sky went out a moment.” The ethereal suddenly comments. “This battle is turning really... peculiar. I like it.” Perhaps she could even get someone else for her project...
    Omiko finishes her self-repairs and her coat ceases its wriggling and popping, settling down with just seven extra eyes. Good as new.
    "I'm glad the defenders are keeping things interesting." The ethereal seems like an alright guy. Not like Itholos, who is far too uptight.
    Still, she scowls out at the storm. Waiting for Zefir who's being kept busy by that mysterious masked lady...it's no fun being the reserve, is it?

[Northside Skies]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashen Lilies View Post
    [The massive surge of chaotic magic may have adverse effects on all other magic in the skies above Riverside, regardless of type or source, demonic or defender. Most everyone may find it more challenging to keep their magic under control, and malfunctioning spells or magical misfortune might be difficult to avoid.]
    As the cap of the black mushroom continues to swell in size, black stalks starts spurting out of the bottom of it like tentacles.
    But then as soon as it started to appear, the massive mushroom-thing starts fizzling out, the angel inside it finding that the spores and the body starts blinking in and out of existence. The summoning spell that brought it here suddenly starting to fizzle out due to a giant magic outage.

The same outage also causes the nearby illusion to flicker and several lighting bolts to go off in various directions, one of them going right through the flickering illusion.
    Luckily the angel wasn't really using its powers. No sense hiding from something you're busily ripping apart from the inside. That would never work.
    Even more luckily, she stops getting electrocuted for a few moments, has some time to regenerate.
    Less luckily, this is coupled with the mushroom-cloud flickering out.

Letting the angel start falling. Only to crash down inside the mushroom. And again, and again, stopping and starting as the magical disruption works its way through the monster.
    Really gets in the way of getting any good mushroom-ripping work done.

[The Generals Command Center]
    That is remarkable coordination. But Sargon hadn’t expected less out of true soldiers.

They really made up for their short, god-given, lifespans by devoting the majority of it to intense training.

Nonetheless, from the ruins of the flattened buildings first only smoke rises as the Southside military barrages it with their lasers and projectiles. But then the rain water that has fallen on the building and the surrounding area quickly starts freezing,

Anyone or anything that is wet will suddenly find the water in their clothes, on their machines and weapons, almost instantly freezing into ice as the temperatures drop drastically in the entire area as if all heat was instantly snuffed out like candles in the wind.

Then from the smoke emerges two gigantic arms.

Their composition looks to be the same as infernal, boulders together forming the arms of what must be a massive humanoid figure. Yet the brilliant color that shines through that smoke is not a burning yellow, its a cold blue.
    The eerie color seems to be coming off its stony body like a blue aura borealis that now mixes with the red and the yellow of the fireballs that make impact.
    Then its head fully emerges, revealing a strong semblance with the pit fiends themselves, with a skeletal face, horns and even teeth which all have been sculpted out of the black rocks. Two blue eyes as big as the Sargon illusion staring down at the soldiers, and its mouth, filled with nothing but the same blue glow that seem to be animating its body, hanging wide open as if it was about to devour them.

With it quickly coming out of the smoking crater it’s becoming clear that this golem is taller than both the infernals and Felandria, even in her current shape. Though it’s difficult to tell just how tall it is yet as it falls into a hunched over gait as its fists slams into the ground, reminiscent of the pit fiends it appear to be based on.
    Then as its fists slam into the ruins underneath it, two things will become clear.
    First, whatever heat that remained in that area, including the ground deep underneath it, disappears. The area basically turning into frozen tundra as all the heat just disappears.
    Second, it barely makes a sound.
    Even with dozens of weapons being fired at the same time the fists slamming into the ground, even the soldiers closest to the action hears it like a whisper. It sounds like it should be louder, yet it’s if there is a layer of cotton in their ears.
    In fact, they can barely hear themselves talk, no matter how loud it sounds. Whenever they make it sound it almost feels like the sound is sucked right out of their mouths.
    Indeed, all sound, just like their weapons, seem dampened in the presence of the gigantic golem.
    Then another pair of arms emerge along with its entire upper body, which it holds up to protect against the many projectiles being fired at it.
    Things freeze over. Almost all the soldiers were caught out in the storm, and so the nearby ones (well, those that weren't toppled by the shock of the chthonian striking the ground) are scraping ice off their guns/faces. The nearest walking tank topples over as its hydraulics freeze-up mid-step. Pipes burst. Stone cracks. The command center is dusted with frost.

Here and there though, a force resists the absorption of heat.
    There's a little garden across the street from the command center, opposite where the post office is (was?), with one big tree at the center. It is not touched by the frost. The pillars of fire that decorate the command center (well, the ones that haven't been physically broken open) still blaze defiantly. The nephilim among the soldiers's ranks remain as warm as ever. The golem may be able to tell that all these effects can be traced to the firebird soaring over Southside and contending with the storm. It didn't give its people and material permission to freeze over. So they don't. It has long practice with forbidding things to heat up, and cold is just the other side of the same coin.

About a third of the forces that were engaging the chthonian are backing away from it (though still in an orderly fashion), trying to get away from the cold and the weird muting. The others stick to their guns and continue firing, aiming for the construct's fiendish face when they can. The silencing aura gives the whole scene a sense of unreality to many of them. No screams, no explosions. Just a target.

And look, there's The General herself, tossing aside a piece of rubble and stepping out from the ruined building quite close to the monster. Not sure what she thinks she can do there.

[FACE]
    Felandria and Alice will have to pass through northside to get to Southside where the infernal is located. Passing through there they might notice the fact that there are squadrons of skeletal soldiers coming out of nearby buildings.

Their eyes are all eerily blue, but as the two are approaching, the skeleton of an large orc suddenly turns green and seem to turn to look up at Felandria, then it starts waving and jump as if it wants her attention. “Hey babe, please pick me up! I want to take a trip in your bra, please!” A squeaky feminine voice remarks that doesn’t fit the body it’s coming from at all.

The rest of the skeletons are getting into perfect formation, getting up through the door two at the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felandria View Post
    Felandria looks down at the creepy on multiple levels skeleton.

*sigh*

Not the first time I’ve heard that, pal.

And she kicks him away.

As Felandria and Alice continue towards the golem, Fel will simply crunch the skeletons underfoot like autumn leaves.

She won’t go out of her way to do so, but those that get in her way will be sorry.
    Poor Felandria. Getting sexually harassed by demon-possessed skeletons is bad enough, but to be at the point where you just sigh at it happening yet again? That's awful.

Alice pauses for a moment - are they getting a signal from outside the city? No. False alarm. Looks like they're staying focused on the big target. Good call. They can clean up the skeletons later. Except - the undead look like they're getting ready for something. Nothing good. She bolts towards the nearest formation and throws a force-field wrapped punch at one with enough strength to break not just the target but also the next skeleton behind it. Alas that there's no time to stay and rip them all apart, but she's already bounding away to keep up with Fel.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2018-05-21 at 02:32 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

5. - Top - End - #995

Anika turns to face the newcomer as well, or newcomers as it were.
    "Eh, good guess." She tells Electra, though in her current masculine voice it feels all too wrong. "But I don't suppose any of you can undo this first?" She is mostly looking at the other woman as she looks like some kind of mage. Reminded her of a demon hunter honestly, not to mention that she seemed familiar with Wenomir considering that comment. "Since I won't be able to do much in this body." She gestures down at the very Xaviour-y body that she currently possessed.

Meanwhile, it looks like Wenomir, or the elf whose body he currently possesses have made short work of the skeletal creatures who have all crumbled into their bony components.
    The from the sound of it, there are more of them moving inside the building, which begs the question how and why they were there in the first place...
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2018-05-21 at 06:28 PM.

6. - Top - End - #996
    Titan in the Playground

"That's about the size of it. And the person currently holding my body and my sword is unaccounted for," "Anika" says. He's heard Kal's warning, and there's something about this sorceress that puts him on edge, in either case. Like a persistent thought that says he's missing something. "So we need to find him if we want to reverse that, but more importantly there's more of those perverted skeletons inside. We can't get bogged down." He glances over at Cass and an edge creeps into his voice that she should be well familiar with, even if it's not strictly speaking his voice. "By them, or anything else."

The King in Rags listens, then nods.

"I can create creatures that fly, but now that I can't command the air, their grace will leave something to be desired," he admits. "Sneaks and spies I can provide in numbers. But if you want an imposing monster to join your forces... that will take time. Fortunately, I've had some practice of late."
    Last edited by Morty; 2018-05-21 at 06:50 PM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

7. - Top - End - #997
    Ogre in the Playground

[Eastside - City Hall]

As Tarim is about to reply to the archer, he suddenly pause when he notices that Jezebel’s attention is elsewhere than him or the falling meteor.
    He turns and his jaw clenches shut as he catches a glimpse of the beam before it dies down.

So now they were in the same boat.

He then steels himself, his golden eyes following Jezebel as she makes all the motions. He had hoped for a less extreme reaction, but he guessed it couldn’t be helped. At least now the were on the same page. Whatever worked as motivation he supposed.
    He waits patiently as she fires her gun into the air, expecting it to make at most minimal damage to what he knew was a capital ship.

He didn’t expect the projectile to go right through the ship though.
    An illusion, of course. Sargons favorite toys.

But then comes the part he had been waiting for, the confrontation. “If I had known that, I would have told you.” He replies matter of factly, unflinchingly meeting her gaze. Adir’s words barely registering as he replies. “Light’s hearth was struck first, I would be on that ship right now if I had known that. Gravity be damned.”

Moments before all this happens, Cessie nods to Gary. “Yes, we had to fight off a horde of demons, as you might have noticed.” She says with a gesture at the dead and quickly disintegrating bodies of the demon hounds outside the city hall that Gary spotted earlier.

“Wenomir is tough though, he is probably alright. But we probably should have Jezebel send out a few people to find him. We need a united force right now.” She turns to Jezebel just as the beam of destruction is fired towards the the gardens cathedral and the meteor falls over southside, almost simultaneously.

Then she turns back to Gary. “Prepare to get moving. We are changing locations now.” She orders before turning to face the enraged Jezebel.
    “Jezebel, please.” She begs as she runs up to the former daemon. “We need to get out of here before that thing fires again.” Or more demons showed up, it sounded like it was serious now.

Meanwhile, outside the town hall, things start to stir within some of the buildings that have been abandoned at the start of the invasion. Doors are being slammed open and armed skeletal bodies march out in perfect unison.

This might be noticed by whoever remains on the streets of Eastside, huge undead armies tend to catch people’s attention, especially when they are coming out of supposedly empty buildings like rabbits out of a magicians hat.

However, what they might not notice is that more of the guardians (wall-crawlers) are gathering around the town hall, moving along the inner walls of nearby buildings to hide their presence. They had a important mission...
    [Eastside - City Hall => Streets]

The archer looks toward where the destruction occurred just moment ago. It becomes increasingly clear she can't just stay here. "I need to see if people need help." Is all the explanation she gives as she runs off. She's going to do just that. If there's any cry for help or people in danger, she's alert to it as she moves quickly into the fray.

8. - Top - End - #998

[Zefir And Telly]

((Well, i guess I'm not really up to date. Wans't the vampire announcing to not give up and then starts the song? I think i leak a total overview. Can't read all and don't know what is important for my chars.))

"Things like this need the right time and place. Now is not the time nor the place to do so." Zefir just replies befor they are open again.

"I would like to go there myself, but right now you are the one keeping us down or better said the storm of yours. So unless you drop that thing we are stuck here. Don't get me wrong, I thought I could go out and do something as well, but I'm not risking my life to a storm from my allys."

[Outside the Drill Tank - Demonic Command Center]

Right now, a lot after the tanks disapeared near FACE they reapear back here. A few have been damaged , but other than the one destroyed they are all still ready to fight on. Thought the storm forces themt o remain in the safe Zone.

The Lotus Gardens/Eastside Border

In that case the robots go on. They are not suited to help injured to treat them so they pass on the people searching for demons to destry. They sure avoid getting into someones way. They remain on their search unless the guards address them, if they do they will stop and replie.

Dmside

Things look bad at the Generals Command Center, thougth it is a bit strange that there is no noise coming from it. The other meteors made some big impact and this one was bigger.
    Either way it is a shame that DMside can't help. Withour an army or at least some more troupse they are caught up behind their walls. It is just strange how lucky this place is since it seems to be ignored.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

9. - Top - End - #999
    Ogre in the Playground

Cassandra's so stunned by meeting Wenomir, not in his own flesh, that she almost loses control of the torrent of power screaming through her. Almost. Just as it's about to slip away, she manages to keep a fingernail's hold on it, hiding the physical toll the effort has had on her body with clenched fists and a jerky nod.

"Alright then, 'Commander'. We'll do it your way." She says, a harsh edge touching her own voice, mostly from the strain of keeping control of her magic, but perhaps with the happy side effect of making her sound every bit the edgy mercenary she's meant to be.

She gives Anika a brief, blank stare, before shaking her head.

"No. The magic causing your unfortunate swap comes from the same source as the one creating the storm. Committing myself against that power will be risky unless it was weakened or distracted." And they're likely the opposite of distracted now, given Cass had just revealed herself with the stunt she just pulled. >.>

She raises her mask to her face, brushing white hair back behind her hood as she fits it back into place.

"It will be more convenient if the three of you are together, anyway."

She stands ready, in a somewhat expectant posture, looking to Wenomir to lead the way.

Kal, for his part, has remained silent since giving his initial warning, though he still looks wary of the newcomers, especially Cassandra.

10. - Top - End - #1000

NinjaGuy

Electra nods at Cass, and looks back to Wenomir and Anika.

"Do you have any idea where the person with your body went, Wenomir? I'm assuming he was a part of VIGIL, but is that correct?"
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

11. - Top - End - #1001
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Eastside - City Hall => Streets]

The archer looks toward where the destruction occurred just moment ago. It becomes increasingly clear she can't just stay here. "I need to see if people need help." Is all the explanation she gives as she runs off. She's going to do just that. If there's any cry for help or people in danger, she's alert to it as she moves quickly into the fray.
    From the building, Gary. Fires at the skeleton horde. He aims for their heads and only stops to reload. After going through three clips though, he reaches for another En-bloc, only to realize that he didn't bring enough ammo for the fight. Gary then draws his M1911 and charges the skeleton army, hoping to draw as much attention to himself as he can do the others can do their jobs easier.
    I'm a Lawful Good Human Paladin
    Justice and honor are a heavy burden for the righteous. We carry this weight so that the weak may grow strong and the meek grow brave
    — The Acts of Iomedae, Pathfinder
    Quote Originally Posted by Quibbilcious View Post
    I lost my artistic license after getting stuck in a poetry jam.

12. - Top - End - #1002

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    The King in Rags listens, then nods.

"I can create creatures that fly, but now that I can't command the air, their grace will leave something to be desired," he admits. "Sneaks and spies I can provide in numbers. But if you want an imposing monster to join your forces... that will take time. Fortunately, I've had some practice of late."
    "I'll take some sneaks right away, and then work on the monster. Perhaps you can wait on providing the flyers until you can do a more thorough job of it. It's just- how long is long to someone like you? I can wait, but I do want it to be done in time to be useful to me. And the practice?" The King is probably immortal, after all. No use getting a perfect monster a decade from now.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

13. - Top - End - #1003
    Titan in the Playground

"He's a Vigil member, yes. He was in another team that went into the city. They were heading for Eastside last I knew, but I have no idea where they are now, and we can't contact them." Wenomir/Anika starts leading the way down the street. "But now he's separated from his intelligent sword, and mine won't work in his hands, so he's in trouble."
    Last edited by Morty; 2018-05-27 at 09:03 PM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

14. - Top - End - #1004

NinjaGuy

Electra follows Wenomir, listening intently. She frowns as he explains that his body is probably on the other side of the city.

"Oh, dear. That's not good." She looks to Cass briefly. "What're the chances of this becoming permanent if something happens to Wenomir's body, do you think, Cassandra?"

15. - Top - End - #1005
    Ogre in the Playground

Northside Disaster Zone

"Under control. Sure."
    Eric says dryly as he hears the shouting about undead. When he sees where the man has gestured, he hefts up his heavy bolter, checks his ammo count dial, and begins walking. "I'll lay down the hammer. Just be sure to keep any stragglers or flankers off of me." He tells the Gorgon. "I've got a few hundred explosive rounds left. I don't think primitive arms and armor will do much. Even if they are reinforced with magic." He explains before stepping up onto the barricade and readying his weapon. As he waits for the undead, he activates his comm implant.

"Lady Jezebel, be warned. We've got a small army of undead up here in Northside so you might have some on your position too. Will be lending aid."
    Unless stopped from doing so, the moment a mass of undead show themselves, Eric will begin to open fire in short controlled bursts to send bolt shell after bolt shell down the range.

The Lotus Gardens & Eastside Border

The robots aren't stopped by the guards as they have more pressing concerns. Mostly that of dragging the wounded into shelter and covering their dead. It was slow, depressing, and damning work, but it had to be done and the shellshocked Masks had to do it the best they can before another attack hit.

Eastside - City Hall

For a moment almost pure rage crosses Jezebel's features once more when Adir talks. Fury that he didn't know what she'd just lost and momentary hate for seeming to make light of it. For a heatbeat all she wanted to do was knock the man to the ground with a clenched fist. But almost as quickly as it appears, the sensation and emotion depart as logic and Cessie take its place in her head. There'd been no way for Adir to know. No way for anyone present to truly know what she'd lost and just how it had felt to sense each one of those little candle flames of souls being snuffed out so rapidly one after another after another after another...

A lesser woman would be heartbroken, beaten down by the sense of loss and anger inside of her, but Jezebel lets out a visible shudder and closes her eyes for a brief moment to regain her center once more. "Over a score of my people, Adir. That is what we just lost and there's Warp-All I can do to prevent more with access to The Warp cut off such as it is." Jezebel explains slowly, not to make sure Adir understood her but to listen to herself and control her emotions. Her composure had been shattered in that brief moment and it was taking all her mental fortitude to regain it. Cessie actually seeming to beg for her to get herself together seemed to have the greatest effect however, and shortly after she reaches up to her jaw, as if listening to an incoming message again. "Right. Forces are moving upon us. Most likely undead. They're assaulting Northside with a large mass and I don't doubt they're on the way here too." Jezebel explains, reopening her eyes and her face passive. "If we're going to move, now is the best time given the air is in disarray." Jezebel adds. While she was still obviously angry and hurt and full of rage if her armor was any indication, her voice was eerily calm.

A strong swipe of her Eviscerator through the air rips a portal open wide enough for everyone present to go through. The other side, clearly visible, is the heavily damaged front of Jezebel's Chapel and the ruined makeshift fortifications in front of it. People were moving bodies and pieces of them indoors, and while a few were sluggish and in shock, they were keeping busy and several guards still stood watch with some of their eyes on the skies. "Head through to The Gardens. If anyone wants to leave, they may do so through the tunnel beneath the Chapel, but I have to drag my Magos out of hiding. Maybe he has something he can use to detect a real physical ship in the air we can't see. Maybe a auspex he has is strong enough, but I won't know until I ask him." She states, stepping aside to let people through all they want.

She doesn't make any motion to go through herself however.

"It doesn't solve the issue of getting to such a ship if it is even there, but it's the start of a plan."
    She points out before activating her comm. "Juan, drag the Magos out of his lab for me please."

On the other side of the portal, a opalescent snakeman over a dozen meters long can be seen literally snaking his way out of the Chapel with almost mind-numbing speed as it slips off to go into the residential part of the Gardens. That was likely Juan.

16. - Top - End - #1006

"Look, if there is magic that can do this, there is magic that can undo this. We just have to do the same thing again or something. But if we can't do it now, let's stop worrying and get something done." And Xaviour/Anika is already starting to run off in the direction of the angel in the distance.

But before they can get too far away, they're forced to stop and instinctively cover their ears as a sharp scream can be heard, shattering and cracking nearby windows.

Shortly after the scream have ripped through the area, a huge skeletal creature that appear to be covered in a thick layer of tar bursts through the wall of the building where the skeletal ponies came from.
    It's empty eye-sockets, which all have glowing green orbs within them, are turned to look at the gathered group, causing the crocodile-skull to somehow let a wolf-whistle. "Wowza! There are even more babes here now! Now I really hit the jackpot, but-" The snake-skull then finishes the other skulls sentence. "-you are still way too overdressed!" As the other skulls speak, the goat-skull opens its mouth and breathes out a huge green cloud of gas that quickly spreads towards the group.

Any clothing, armor, etc. that covers the body will start to dissolve when in contact with the gas, but will leave people otherwise unharmed. This might prove harmful to Electra however depending if her body counts as 'alive' or not, as well as any important magical items they have that aren't alive either.

Northside Disaster Zone

The soldiers won't try to stop Eric, clearly recognizing a professional. Indeed, they seem to be preparing their own anti-undead weapons which seem to include clay jars marked with the symbol of danger.
    The gorgon let's out another annoyed hiss, but then seems to ignore Eric's snide comment. "Yes, we know how to fight the undead. It's the demons we're worried about since they will no doubt have something else in store for us. They can't expect standard undead to pose a serious threat."

They won't be able to see the undead as they prepare, but they can see the giant Felandria and a normal-sized flying woman moving past the disaster zone, going towards Southside by the looks of it.

But before they can consider what they are doing, a overwhelming sound can be heard coming from southside which causes glass crack or shatter. Thankfully, the glass the soldiers had on them was too durable to be damaged by the sound but everyone to still instinctively cover their ears.

Then as if waiting on the signal the first undead arrive in the form of a huge beast covered in what appears to be a thick layer of tar. It charges along the streets, causing the debris and cars in its way to be pushed to the side.

[Eastside - City Hall==>The Gardens Or Eastside Streets]

Cessie visibly relaxes at Jezebel's words, and so does Tarim, lowering himself down to the hunched over gait which appear to be most comfortable for his kind as his tail settles down on the ground and that burning light in his eyes dims slightly.

The sorceress mouthing a silent 'thank you' to the former daemon as Jezebel regains her composure.
    Tarim will after a moment of hesitation enter the portal to the gardens, immediately giving the snake man look of suspicion.
    Cessie on the other hand suddenly pulls away as Gary starts shooting at the skeletons and charges towards them.
    "No! Gary, wait!" The shouts while turning around.

Gary will have some luck destroying the approaching army, as once his bullets rip large holes in the skeletons skulls they simply collapse into piles of bones and armor on the ground.
    There are a lot of them though, so there are still plenty raising their weapons to attack the soldier as he charges into them. But before their attacks can reach the skeletons closest to him are enveloped in black magma as Cessie is some distance behind him, gesturing towards the undead army with a sweeping gesture. This magma doesn't seem to be causing Gary harm however, despite how close it is.

But even as the magma reduces their bodies to ash the skeletons pale blue eyes suddenly turn green and the entire area is covered in a fog of the same color, causing all the fallen skeletons to assemble into a new form. Even the ash of the dead is being raises as it merges from the magma and starts covering the newly formed golem. Turning it black and also seem to give it some fire resistance somehow as it doesn't immediately catch fire in the presence of the magma. "Hey, you guys are way too hot to wear all that stuff! I might be able to endure the heat, I wanna see those sexy bods of yours." The newly raised golem exclaims once its mouth has been formed.

The archer will encountered this scene as well, but before she, or the others, can do anything else, a overwhelming sound from southside rips through their ears, shattering some nearby windows.

[Zefir And Telly==>Demonic Base]

The warlock nods. "Right, if that's an issue I'll simply have my patron calm the storm for a while then. How much time do you think you need? If you prepare your men I could probably have it calmed as soon as you're ready." By now, they should be inside the demons base of command again.

[Outside the Drill Tank - Demonic Base]

"I believe our turn will come soon though."
    Itholos turns to the map of riverside which the other pit fiends are gathered. "How long?"
    "The storm would have, by our calculations, reached its peak a few minutes ago actually but something seems to have... delayed it." One of the pit fiends explains with a confused expression.

It's by this time Zefir and Tellysandra enters the demons temporary base. "That would be since some idiot actually somehow summoned my patron here." The warlock quickly interjects as it seems she have overheard them. "I could feel it, and it would have been a great boon to us if there hadn't been for a magic circuit break all of sudden. I believe one of the defenders decided to try to end the storm by summoning and destroying its channeler and quickly realized their mistake and just shut it all down in desperation. Unfortunately for you, that delayed storm from reaching zenith." She explains with a dismissive gesture before stepping back again to leave the spotlight to someone else.

"I believe it was that android-woman, Ilpholin. I could see her doing it right here." The ethereal cues in as she raises her hand.

Itholos eyes narrows. "What? No, she's not a spell-caster. That's not possible."

But his confusion is left untouched on as his subordinate seems to have more to add. "Lord, my apologizes, but we have just gotten orders from Sargon himself to look out for a person that looks like this illusion as she seem to have caused the outage." The nearby pit fiend remarks as a illusionary image of a white-haired elven woman with a mask who some might recognize as Cassandra if they have ever seen her before (in that outfit).

Itholos grunts in frustration and rubs his forehead tiredly. "I have no idea who that is or where she might be."

"Actually, that woman is now in Westside with that VIGIL group." The ethereal interrupts yet with a gesture on one of the screens which have suddenly enlarged, zooming in on Cassandra, Anika, Electra and Xaviour. "Oh, and Ilpholin is flying straight to the skies of westside." She adds as another screen of Ilpholin in the sky with diamonds stormclouds comes up. "She might have figured out where your ship is."

"Graah!" Itholos gestures at Zefir. "Zefir! Can your people take out either Ilpholin or that woman-" But as Ithlos talks the other pit fiends are starting to cover their ears and they seem to be gesturing for him and the AMEN members to do the same. "Cover your ears!"

Itholos eyes widens and he just manages to put his hands over his ears before a overwhelming sound can be heard. It's so sharp that it causes crack to appear in, or completely shatters, all the glass in the area.

[Northside Skies]

Well, it would seem that the "mushroom" is disappearing completely. The energy to summon it and maintaining it in this world seems to have been enormous and that disturbance appears to have been enough to cancel the process completely, soon causing the entire creature to just flicker out of existence. Therefore, the angel isn't really ripping through anything as opposed to just falling freely towards the streets of riverside.

Then a sharp noise reaches their ears, likely causing them to cover them.

The general might want to act fast considering what the construct is doing next. Dragging itself out of the crater it briefly stands at its full height and glory. Nearly twice as tall as an infernal, the black smooth stones that make up its head glisten in recently revealed sun.

Then there is a strange moment of unnatural serenity as even as the bullets and fireballs makes impact, the silence grows even more deafening as the aura of dampening around it not only grows but also completely silence everything within it. The soldiers can't even hear their own heartbeats as the golem just stands there taking the whole scene in with an almost amazed expression as its mouth still hangs agape.

But the serene sense is soon shattered as the area around the chthonian grows darker and in turn the golem glows brighter, the contrast between the two quickly getting more intense.
    Then there is a sound louder than any other sound can be heard as the golem suddenly screams.

It's throwing back every sound uttered in its presence, including the impact itself, back at its surroundings.
    For a brief moment, likely before going deaf (or dying), the soldiers can actually hear what they said moments ago, including every shot they've taken, but amplified to a dangerous degree and all uttered in a single terrifying scream.

But as the chthonian "screams", it also unleashes the destructive power of every impact it have absorbed (including the impact it made with the ground) into huge cone of destruction aimed at the army which also causes everything in a small area around it to be thrown backwards.

Like a firebreathing dragon it turns its head around causing even more destruction before the cone quickly dissipates.

Then the chthonian falls back into its hunched gait as its own glow also seems to have faded, the energy it build up now spent. The aura of dampening is still there, but it has returned to its normal size and doesn't cause complete silence anymore.

[All over Riverside]

A scream that sounds like a mix of hundreds of talking voices, gunshots, explosions and a meteor impact all complied into one sound that is amplified to such a degree that it can be heard all over the city. The sound is so sharp that the closer one gets to the command center in Southside, which is its source, the more common shattered glass and temporary hearing loss is. Most people likely will need to cover their ears unless they are near the edges of east, west and northside or can reduce the sound some other way.

[Felandria and Alice==>Northside Disaster Zone]

The orc-skeleton is sent flying into the distance, but even reduced to a mere skull it still yells back. "Can I at least get your numberrrrr-"

The rest of the skeletons completely ignore the two however, even as the demigod tramples them and Alice blasts them apart.

Indeed, as they continue down the streets, they can see more skeletons acting exactly the same way. But now they find that the streets are crowded with debris caused by the storm and abandoned cars. But as these are unlikely to stop them, they will eventually reach what appears to have been the impact zone of the infernal they encountered. There is a huge crater and they can see human guards in Malechenar uniform (recognized by their strange masks) moving about, taking care of the wounded who have been put on blankets around the crater of destruction.

They can also see a gorgon in a similar mask, a scaled man with dragon wings, and a few persons in robes moving about the place. it seems like they are preparing for an attack, likely by the undead they've seen moving down the streets in this direction.

They could stay and help, or continue towards the "mega-infernal", but before they can really make a decision they can see said infernal "screaming", unleashing a sound so loud that it even causes some windows to shatter all the way over here.

[Ilpholin in the Sky with demons]

As Ilpholin moves through the storm she eventually reaches a big area within the black clouds that seems completely empty. There are no ships, illusionary or otherwise, or even rain here.
    But before she can look around for too long, she can hear a sharp sound from below that likely will cause her to want to protect her ears from the noise somehow.

[Westside Power Plant]

"Uh..." The soldier starts, but the others are already making a run of it, gesturing for her to do the same.
    The pit fiend takes a last look at the speaker the voice used and then runs along as well. Hopefully they would get out in time.

They do seem to be told something by an entity unseen as they start covering their ears as they run, just before that loud sound reaches the facility. The glass here is likely durable enough to not be cracked or shattered however.

Dmside

This area will likely be attacked later, but as Southside was exempt thanks to the deal the general made, it hasn't been so far.

[The Skies above the City]

The gargoyles and marbles continue fighting, but the fight seems more even now with the marbles suddenly losing all sense of unity and starting to fight on their own.
    It appears that some of them are slowly starting to gather up again, but this disturbance have caused them to lose a lot of their numbers.

In addition, a far larger yet still gargoyle-like creature surrounded by a bright glow can be seen leaving Malechenar castle and flies straight towards the edge of the city. It appears to have a very specific destination in mind.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2018-05-29 at 05:00 PM.

17. - Top - End - #1007
    Titan in the Playground

Wenomir also runs in that direction, keeping up and even overtaking Anika. Which means he takes the brunt of the sudden scream as it appears, and it turns out an elf's ears are keener than even his normal keenly trained senses. An important part about being able to hyper-focus his hearing is that he has to actively do it. Doens't help if your suddenly-sensitive ears are assaulted by a cacophony of sound. He drops to his knees, his own scream being drowned out by the sound.

His head clears just in time for the gas to have started melting Anika's clothes. Where did the demons get a... perverted, creepy necromancer? He gets up with a spinning kick, which emits a powerful gust of wind that should hopefully clear it out a little, if not entirely.

The King in Rags nods, then raises his head and... his jaws move, as if he was calling out or even singing, but no sound comes out. At least, no sound audible on this mortal plane. After a few moments, the mist thickens and shadows come alive as things crawl out of them.

The King's servants are a motley assortment of spider-like creatures whose bodies resemble humanoid or animal heads, and small humanoid creatures whose skin resembles different kinds of rock and soil. The humanoids look either like half-finished clay dolls or small, lanky men with long beards and caps.

"Then I give you these unquiet heads and gnomes," the King says. "They will serve you as they would me," he adds, glancing over at them. This was as much an assurance to the dragon as it was a command to the lesser fey.
    Last edited by Morty; 2018-05-29 at 04:49 PM.

18. - Top - End - #1008
    Orc in the Playground

[Formerly Westside Power Plant]

The blood-red light grows lighter as whatever this is progresses, something changing, but there's no time to stay and watch. The building around the plant, the crystalline energy collector itself, even its protective armored exterior shell, cracks, warps, visually almost twisting upon itself as if reality itself protests what's happening here, until it shatters. Concrete, metal, and crystalline fragments burst outward in a pillar of red light as the localized quake comes to an end, giving those fleeing the building just enough time to get clear.

Some, attuned to such things, may have the distinct feeling that something very wrong just happened.

As the light fades, a figure becomes visible, a vaguely humanoid shape composed entirely of coruscating red light, masking a tiny, solid black core within. Raising a spectral hand to the sky as if to lash out with its powers, nothing happens, at first. It shakes its hand, as if frustrated, until a beam of red light lances into the sky and bursts.

[Riverside Skies]

The above move, and the power plant's destruction itself, release further chaos magic that they took on when the facility absorbed part of Cassandra's original attack. The plant's release is undirected, but the deliberate release is very much aimed at damaging the barrier further.
    Last edited by Darkcomet; 2018-05-29 at 08:20 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

FFR Links:

19. - Top - End - #1009
    Ogre in the Playground

[In the Sky with Demons]

Ilpholin's instincts were blaring. This had to be it... right? There could be some doubt, but the lack of rain wa- ARGH!

The sound is disorienting and Ilpholin can't cover her ears while she's flying. She's forced to reduce her own hearing to compensate. Normally she'd use her augmentations to enhance her senses over dull them, but this called for the latter. There was certainly a greater risk of being ambushed while the sounds around her were muffled, but it wouldn't be any different from getting ambushed while a horrendous screech pierced the air.

Ilpholin had to be close. Now they were trying to disrupt her senses to keep her from finding them. It was a desperate move on their part surely. Ilpholin flies straight into the 'dead space' angling high and sweeping the area, trying to find someplace to land. She just needs to get her feet on the ground. The nymph is aware there may be a high possibility of running right into a physical object while she's flying around and is prepared to react immediately despite the pain, seeking to claw and cling and clamber until she can stand. If she was wrong about this dead zone hiding her target, she would look very silly indeed flitting about pointlessly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

20. - Top - End - #1010

NinjaGuy

Electra easily keeps pace with Anika and Wenomir, but her path, rather than on the ground, is along the sides of buildings and on the tops of roofs of shorter ones. She's using the opportunity to get acquainted with all of the abilities Hyper Mode has granted her. Aside from the increase in her firepower, the next most obvious is her speed. Where once she was a blur, she now practically disappears from one position before appearing in the next. The scream has little effect on her from such a distance; her auditory sensors automatically dampen the noise as it grows in intensity. The appearance of the massive skeleton, however, manages to freeze her in her tracks for a moment. As soon as the goat head begins spewing a cloud, she backs up a ways, warning flags clouding her vision for a moment. She blinks as she brings up her weapons display. Hyper Mode has enhanced the VWS modules she was carrying, giving her multiple firing modes for each, some of them combining the weapon's effect with her micromissiles. She doesn't want to waste another missile on this creature, though.

Her armor changes color once more, to purple and white once again, though this time, the scheme is predominantly white, with purple trimmings. She aims the weapon in her right hand, and a violet glow forms at its muzzle.

"TAKE HOLD!!" Is all the warning she dares to manage to her allies before she fires. A small purple sphere emerges from the weapon, and lands a split-second later in the middle of the street just in front of the massive skeletal creature. It winks out, and then a massive whirlwind erupts into the street, picking up debris, along with anything light, and whirling it up, far into the sky. The wind is powerful enough to pick up even people, if they aren't holding onto something, though it won't lift them very high. It only lasts for about 30 seconds, too, but she's hoping that it will be enough to clear the cloud out of the area so they don't need to worry about their equipment dissolving before they can take the beast out.

Zenon doesn't bother covering his ears. Instead, he opens his mouth, as sickly green flames erupt from his eyes. A maw sphere erupts from his open mouth, growing to his height in an instant, its teeth jagged, crooked, and razor sharp as its mouth also snaps open. The sound, and destructive force behind the scream, flow into the maw sphere; the black hole that is the mouth of the Devourer. In the instant of the scream, anyone within 5 feet of him will instead, hear nothing at all, as the Devourer pulls all of the sounds into its maw and consumes it utterly. He's not close enough to the demons to provide cover for them, but since he was near Omiko, she might benefit from the effect. Once the scream passes, the maw will snap shut, shrink itself and retreat back into his open mouth. He'll be chewing for a bit. Lots of interesting things to taste in that sound, after all....

21. - Top - End - #1011
    Orc in the Playground

Northside Disaster Zone

The Misting and Fazimah are also still here, though if there is nobody in immediate danger of losing their life, then the cleric will stop healing and join the soldiers, casting her Bound Sword spell to conjure a wispy, ethereal-looking (yet very solid) curved blade in her hand. The Misting will stay at the back, swallowing another brass pill, holding her hammer and shield tight and wishing desperately that somebody could Soothe away the fear she feels, even as she Soothes away any fear felt by the soldiers. If they were normal soldiers she was facing, she might be able to Soothe away their courage and determination; but as they're dead she probably can't feel their emotions to affect them.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

22. - Top - End - #1012
    Ogre in the Playground

Wherever Wenomir's mind is right now

The broken body of Wenomir with tear streaks of all blood, sweat, and water falling down his face wanders towards the call of his blade. When he encounters Wenomir's party, the broken form screams: SWEET PHARASMA ABOVE, WHERE IN HELL IS MY CAT?
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

Quote Originally Posted by Wuff View Post
    the biggest nerd ever who transforms into BEAR is of course alluring.

23. - Top - End - #1013
    Ogre in the Playground

Cessie visibly relaxes at Jezebel's words, and so does Tarim, lowering himself down to the hunched over gait which appear to be most comfortable for his kind as his tail settles down on the ground and that burning light in his eyes dims slightly.

The sorceress mouthing a silent 'thank you' to the former daemon as Jezebel regains her composure.
    Tarim will after a moment of hesitation enter the portal to the gardens, immediately giving the snake man look of suspicion.
    Cessie on the other hand suddenly pulls away as Gary starts shooting at the skeletons and charges towards them.

Gary will have some luck destroying the approaching army, as once his bullets rip large holes in the skeletons skulls they simply collapse into piles of bones and armor on the ground.
    There are a lot of them though, so there are still plenty raising their weapons to attack the soldier as he charges into them. But before their attacks can reach the skeletons closest to him are enveloped in black magma as Cessie is some distance behind him, gesturing towards the undead army with a sweeping gesture. This magma doesn't seem to be causing Gary harm however, despite how close it is.

But even as the magma reduces their bodies to ash the skeletons pale blue eyes suddenly turn green and the entire area is covered in a fog of the same color, causing all the fallen skeletons to assemble into a new form. Even the ash of the dead is being raises as it merges from the magma and starts covering the newly formed golem. Turning it black and also seem to give it some fire resistance somehow as it doesn't immediately catch fire in the presence of the magma. "Hey, you guys are way too hot to wear all that stuff! I might be able to endure the heat, I wanna see those sexy bods of yours." The newly raised golem exclaims once its mouth has been formed.

The archer will encountered this scene as well, but before she, or the others, can do anything else, a overwhelming sound from southside rips through their ears, shattering some nearby windows.

She shouldn't get caught up here. There are defenseless people that surely need help too. But... The archer turns toward the scene, making to approach from the flank, she's interrupted by the wave of sound. She doubles over, clamping her hands to her ears. She stumbles, dazed. Her ears are ringing and her head pounding as she tries to refocus. She draws her bows and looses and arrow of ice, but it shatters against the pavement five feet away.

24. - Top - End - #1014
    Orc in the Playground

The orc-skeleton is sent flying into the distance, but even reduced to a mere skull it still yells back. "Can I at least get your numberrrrr-"

The rest of the skeletons completely ignore the two however, even as the demigod tramples them and Alice blasts them apart.

Indeed, as they continue down the streets, they can see more skeletons acting exactly the same way. But now they find that the streets are crowded with debris caused by the storm and abandoned cars. But as these are unlikely to stop them, they will eventually reach what appears to have been the impact zone of the infernal they encountered. There is a huge crater and they can see human guards in Malechenar uniform (recognized by their strange masks) moving about, taking care of the wounded who have been put on blankets around the crater of destruction.

They can also see a gorgon in a similar mask, a scaled man with dragon wings, and a few persons in robes moving about the place. it seems like they are preparing for an attack, likely by the undead they've seen moving down the streets in this direction.

They could stay and help, or continue towards the "mega-infernal", but before they can really make a decision they can see said infernal "screaming", unleashing a sound so loud that it even causes some windows to shatter all the way over here.
    Fel covers her ears as the screaming happens.

Let’s go shut him up, shall we?

But before they keep moving, Fel pulls out a wand and casts some Cure Moderate Wounds spells towards the injured.

Then it’s onwards to the big fella.

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

25. - Top - End - #1015

Seeing the wave of destructive sound sweeping towards them and hearing the pit fiend's warning, Omiko's skin folds her ears down and seals them over- but then she doesn't hear anything at all, not even vibration, as it all flows into the Devourer.

"Thanks." says a newly-formed maw on her shoulder.
    "The storm has already tried to kill us, and it isn't even at it's peak. We'd be throwing away spells and tanks to go after that VIGIL woman now."
    If Tellysandra actually does something about the killer weather, it would be a different story. But barring that or a direct order from Zefir to brave the demonic weather anyway...

[Northside Skies]

The interpreter angel presses a tangle of antennae to her ears instinctively, to try to hide from the sound.
    Then she hits the ground, probably breaking every bone in and around her body, and it really ceases to register as a problem.

The worker angel doesn't even have ears. It might get knocked around briefly by the shock, but that's fine. It seems to be heading for the crater of destruction in the northside disaster zone.

Alice adds an extra layer of force-shielding around her head as the sound wave roars past them. She's fine.
    She takes in the people as they pass by, but if they don't stop the mega-infernal, it won't matter what they do for these people. She continues on in the same direction, just giving Felandria a nod.

Parts of the army fall like stalks of wheat.
    Tanks are crumpled like tin cans or sent flying into buildings which are themselves being reduced to broken heaps of brick.
    The rest of the command center is leveled. The post office is gone. There's only a single splintered tree left in the garden. There is scarcely a window left in the entire district. Half the men caught in the wave of sound are dead, and most of the remainder are in no condition to fight: tossed about, broken bones, bleeding from burst eardrums. Sure, some of them tried to take cover, but this close to the source, it didn't have much effect.

Those that are able to do so retreat from the monster, splitting largely into two groups, one heading further southeast, one heading west.

Well, except the General. The area around her remains dark for a while after the chthonian's attack washes over them all, most of the force of the roar disappearing...elsewhere. And when the sound has passed, she runs towards the monster and trying to toss a cable up over its arm(? leg? Depends just how tall it is) as if the mega-infernal were a difficult rock-climbing feature that she means to ascend. The rope itself is magical, composed of solid void, a freezing hungry emptiness that scours warmth and energy from whatever it touches.

When the roar of sound reaches it, the firebird dives down towards the river. It evidently has more important things than clouds to deal with.

The Commandant watches the monsters gather, impressed with the speed they arrive with and the variety they have. "Very well. I think, King in Rags, that our business here is done. Monsters, follow me to the tunnels, we'll see what you can do."
    The King may depart. She expects he will deliver the central monster in sufficient time.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2018-06-11 at 09:58 AM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

26. - Top - End - #1016
    Ogre in the Playground

[Westside - VIGIL/Merc]

Cass recoils as the wave of sound hits them, covering her ears and ducking into a corner as she - once again - has to wrestle control back over the amount of magic that's surging through her. It's pretty inconvenient. Can't a girl go a single round without having to make a Concentration check?

Fortunately, this means that she's lagging behind when the skeleton chimera shows up and smacks them with stripper gas, so Cass' dignity (and equipment) remains intact for now.

Kal, meanwhile, loses his shirt.

Look, it was bound to happen eventually. Let's just accept this fact and look at the positives of the situation.

Kal, with no shirt and a rapidly degrading polearm, opts to simply hurl his weapon at the chimera, hoping that there will be enough left of it by the time it hits its target in order to do some damage. The pole-arm is quickly replaced with a second dagger, which looks to be a close sibling of the first - made of the same black metal (which seems to be pretty unaffected by the gas' effects) and tastefully decorated, though it's a little smaller than the other one and instead bears a sigil of a rose. Lacking his shirt, an attentive observer might also note (because really, who isn't paying close attention to a shirtless Kal?) an identical sigil tattooed in black ink on his left shoulder blade. You know, if they weren't being distracted by his other attributes. Maybe his abs aren't quite as dreamy as Wenomir's, and he doesn't have the 'rugged, scarred badass' thing going on, but he's got plenty enough going on, being slightly towards the more muscular end and having a few battle scars of his own, though none as dramatic as Commander 'did not, in fact, blend' Wenomir, or indeed the two long, horizontal scars Kal wears on the underside of his chest, straight across the bottoms of his pectorals.

Cass, lagging behind and not having engaged the skeleton beast as of yet, is quick to notice the newcomer, her stomach giving an uncomfortable lurch as she recognizes the body of her former lover in such a pathetic state.
    "Wenomir?" She says, her shock and surprise getting the better of her as a mixture of concern and panic breaks across her voice.

27. - Top - End - #1017
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ashen Lilies View Post
    Cass, lagging behind and not having engaged the skeleton beast as of yet, is quick to notice the newcomer, her stomach giving an uncomfortable lurch as she recognizes the body of her former lover in such a pathetic state.
    "Wenomir?" She says, her shock and surprise getting the better of her as a mixture of concern and panic breaks across her voice.
    "Wenomir" looks over at Cass, and says: By the divines, harlot, do not tempt me to anger. My patience is paper thin, no indeed it is thinner, and I demand to know where my cat is.
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

Quote Originally Posted by Wuff View Post
    the biggest nerd ever who transforms into BEAR is of course alluring.

28. - Top - End - #1018

[DMside]

The sound shockwave hits this part of the city like it does everywhere and since it seems to be the closest one the damage is quiet high. Near every Window, Glass, Lamp is broken and Even some of the robots got mafunktions due to broken visual device. Which basicly means 80% of the defense is down letting only remain the shield generator and around 4 Robots that have been made by Mia.(They are from higher quality)
    Yet DMside is unable to get out and the priests will try to repai the broken robots with their spells.

Zefir is quick to cover his ears. Just a button on his device around his ears and all got covered up. Not the first time he needed to protect himself from noise attacks, after all he uses flashbangs in close combat. He will stand there and endure things without a flinch. When the sound seems to have passed them he removes the protection.

"As said," he starts. "The storm is keeping us from doing anything and I'm really confused why this thing seems to target us, but let's those pass without much trouble." he points at the screen with Illophen and the one with Cass. Thought he knows nothing about the latter. "So either that storm get's to work or we need a safe path. I won't risk my people to friendly Fire."

The henchamn on the other hand suffer under the soundwave.Non of them has heared the warning in time so they are stunned for a bit until they recover.

The Lotus Gardens & Eastside Border

For now the robot remain here and cover the people, but that is only for now.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

29. - Top - End - #1019
    Halfling in the Playground

[Eastside City Hall]

Adir wants to tell Jezebel that they've already lost hundreds and they'll probably lose more. If there's one benefit of his life before the Nexus, it's that he's seen scenes like this before. Not quite so hectic, or involving this much magic hoo-ha, but he's wallowed in the worst stew of mud, blood and tears that ten different worlds could offer. Hell, he thought with all that Jezebel's been through she might have been better at controlling herself. If she lost it at the prize fight...

Oh well. The stag was along for this ride now. He frowns deep, glancing at first Cessie then Jezzie. He's about to step through Jezebel's portal when the bit with the skeletons, lava, and skelegolem happens. He's just busy wondering what that crazy man is doing and remembering how happy he is that Cessie is on their side when the ugly monster talks. And talks like some kind of horndog too, yuck.

"I'm guessing this guy isn't with us," Adir says, raising his borrowed bolter and blazing away with one scarlet burst at the advancing pervert-golem.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

30. - Top - End - #1020
    Troll in the Playground

Gary clenches his teeth at the noise and falls to his knees. With some fumbling around, he's able to reload his handgun. However, due to the effects of the sound blast, he is unable to do anything else. Unless someone is yelling particularly loud, he will also be unable to hear them, as his hearing is temporarily muffled.
    I'm a Lawful Good Human Paladin
    Justice and honor are a heavy burden for the righteous. We carry this weight so that the weak may grow strong and the meek grow brave
    — The Acts of Iomedae, Pathfinder
    Quote Originally Posted by Quibbilcious View Post
    I lost my artistic license after getting stuck in a poetry jam.