New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Re: Welcome to the World (IC)

Lady Pettilace looks at the youth sitting at her bar. Her demeanor softens a bit. "You've had a rough time, haven't you. Yet, you're here, alive and whole. In body anyway. How are you holding up in here?" she taps Hyde's head. "You need a shoulder to cry on or anything... else?"

2. - Top - End - #332
    Dwarf in the Playground

RogueGuy

Hyde looks up at peggy, clearly willing to help, probably even in the sense that Markus always told him about, his stories of the opposite sex and the fun one could have, hydes never quite felt as he had once described, love, or even lust were fairly foreign to him, the only girls his age were more family than anything resembling what his mother and father had. At least as he understood it. No, thank you, not in much of a person for hugs, i told myself i'd stay strong for the group... what else did you have in mind? hydes eyebrow slightly raising after his question
    Last edited by Dragonlancer83; 2017-08-25 at 07:11 PM.

3. - Top - End - #333
    Bugbear in the Playground

Tyralisa

"I'm Tyralisa. As for where we come from, uhh..." She frowns a bit. She doesn't really trust anyone she doesn't know, but these two are more like her than the people she'd seen raiding them in the past. Plus, she doesn't know enough to fake coming from elsewhere.

"I can't say exactly, some of my siblings don't really seem to want to tell and I, uh...am gonna follow their lead...but we have been kept sheltered for our entire lives, away from outsiders and strangers. The only people I've ever seen that weren't...effectively family...have been bandits or raiders, I suppose, since they only ever tried to take things by force. The last group...succeeded, and everyone that had been protecting us is gone."

Giving a frown, she asked, "Who or what are these 'harvesters'? ...two of our number are gone, one perhaps dead, one possibly kidnapped, and we have no idea why." Her tail flicks anxiously, and smacks hard against the floor, though not quite hard enough to shatter the wood or stone. Glancing behind her almost as though the smack surprises even her, she looks at the chairs, and awkwardly shifts over, testing to see if one will bear her weight and sitting on it if it will, but turning it around so she can lean on the chair's back instead of sitting 'properly' in it, allowing her tail and wings to not be crushed against the chair's back.
    -Do you honestly think that we believe ourselves evil? My friend, we seek only good. It's just that our definitions don't quite match.-
    Ailanreanter, Arcanaloth

4. - Top - End - #334
    Titan in the Playground

"Yeah, your friends and you are smart. Thought... To keep you all this closed... Seems a bit unsafe, really. Especially considering the dangers" I tell her, rolling my eyes at the Jarvesters question "See? That's what I meant. You can't be a mutant and not know the harvesters. They kill the lot of us for our special mutation, to later sell them. It's the ma in reason he needed a bodyguard" I gesture to Gildoron "And the main reason I am a bodyguard. Fought them twice, they got harvestedobviously not literally, I've yet to take someone eyes" I finish, taking about sip. Looking at my drink, I offer her "If you wish, you can drink too. Just a little, you're probably not used to it but you certainly have the might to stand it. A little will ease your senses. Don't worry, not in a bad way. I've already drank two and could still give you a run for your money, assuming those muscles aren't for show" I say, thinking that maybe that example doesn't really mean something to her.

5. - Top - End - #335
    Troll in the Playground

Gildoron Goldenleaf

"Tyralisa." he says more to himself than anyone, "Well Lady Tyralisa, Kal here is right. Harvesters are a vile lot. They kill our kind -- if we're 'lucky' and steal from us those things that make us unique. Our wings, our tails, our special arms, as he mentioned our eyes, whatever they like. Then they sell those to depraved wealthy humans who take on our aspects in the same fashion they wear the skins of other animals, foxes, bears, wolves..."

He pours some water from a pitcher on the table, into a glass and takes a long sip and then pours some more.

"If you are not used to firebrandy an its like I wouldn't recommend you start tonight, especially after what it seems you have been through of travel." He offers her the glass.

"As for wishing to keep things to yourselves such are rights. Just be careful Lady Tyralisa, while the City of Lights is relatively safe it still has its own dangers and out there..." he gesture out beyond the walls, "well like Kal says that is another matter. As for your friends I am sorry, I am guessing they are like yourself and you... family. It is possible they were reaped. A harvester will sometimes take an arm or head or whatever they are after and leave the rest, but if we have many gifts, well they'll take -- everything and if we have a special, gift something that need us alive, or the ability to produce things, offspring, copies, or regrow parts of ourselves then they make take us alive. For the harvesters it is all about money. Some though... some I think do it because they hate us."

He looks into the fire for a minute,

"But don't worry about those things here, m'lady, you should be well and safe, Also get some rest -- and as I mentioned you and your family are welcome to come with us to the Wildlands, not even the Clement Empire can touch a wildling there," he finishes with a smile.

6. - Top - End - #336
    Ogre in the Playground

Zephyrinque Sanayd

With the intrusive young girl taken care of in her Head-of-State bedroom, Zephyr sweeps the rest of their accommodations... locking the many, many windows and drawing shut the curtains to most of the views. Stowing her things in the lockbox back in her room, she looks out her window to get an idea of the city layout (Combined with the other window views she's seen). She'll have to at least get a mental, if not physical, map of the area...
    Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    She always knows which way is North, so she should be able to piece something together, somewhat...

Dunno if she found anything of interest in her sweeps yet.

Lowlight Vision, Scent 30ft
    Spoiler: Statblock
    Show
    Female Chaotic Good Feytouched [Fey] Evo 3 || Warblade 3
    Level 3, Init 5, HP 39/39, DR 5 / Cold Iron, Speed 50
    AC 21, Touch 15, Flat-footed 21
    Fort 5, Ref 10, Will 6, Base Attack Bonus 3
    Full Attack +9 / +9 Claw, +7 Slam, +7 Strike, +7 Gore
    +1 Claws +9 / +9 (2d4+5, x2)
    +1 Gore +9 (2d6+5, x2)
    +1 Slam +9 (2d6+5, x2)
    +1 Strike +9 (1d6+5, x2)
    Grapple +7
    Stunning Glare(Su) Stun 1d4 rounds, Will DC14 neg
    Mwk Studded Leather (+3 Armor, +5 Dex)
    Abilities Str 18, Dex 20, Con 14, Int 18, Wis 10, Cha 17
    Skills Jump 22, Intimidate 18, Tumble 17, Spellcraft 16, Survival 15, Balance 14,
    Know(Nature) 16, Know(Arcana, Dungeon, Local, Planes, Religion) 14, Know(Psionics) 10,
    Bluff 12, Spot / Listen 11, Diplomacy 9, Decipher 9, Hide 8, Move Silently 7, Search 6,
    Ride (Levi-hicle) 12

7. - Top - End - #337

Tyralisa

Leaning forward with a serious look on her face, Tyralisa nods at the information the other two mutants give her, giving a hum. "That...explains a lot." Her hands are gripping the back of the chair, and she's squeezing tight - tightly enough to start splintering the wood as she crushes it in her grip, frustrated and angry, as she wonders if that's what happened to Creek.

Eyeing the strange drink, and the familiar water offered to her, Tyra releases her cracking deathgrip on the back of the chair she's crushing and sighs, picking up the water and taking a drink, draining half the glass in a single go easily. "Thank you both...for the information; you're right...it's definitely something we need to know. I suppose it was kept from us because we were thought to be safe...and I imagine we were so isolated specifically to avoid these harvesters... I think...I've got a lot to talk about with my family. And thank you for the offer to go to these wildlands too. I...don't think I'm ready to give up on those who are missing, but..we do have to make sure that no more join their ranks."

Being somewhat...unused to social graces, even among her own family...Tyra doesn't think to politely excuse herself. Gildoron suggested she get some rest, so she stands up and walks off, looking at the others that remain in the main room, pausing at each of them and telling them that she's going upstairs, but they've got things to discuss either tonight or first thing tomorrow morning.

Once upstairs, she explores a bit to find the room she's supposed to be in, and sees if the bed is big enough for her; regardless, she decides to sprawl across it, laying face up for a time, staring at the ceiling in thought as she considers recent events, and what she's just learned, until either some of the others come up to talk, or she falls asleep.
    -Do you honestly think that we believe ourselves evil? My friend, we seek only good. It's just that our definitions don't quite match.-
    Ailanreanter, Arcanaloth

8. - Top - End - #338
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

Lady Pettilace opens a small door behind the bar and yells into the next room, "WAKE UP, GREGOR. I NEED YOU TO WATCH THE PUB."

When she returns to Hyde, she takes his hand and leads him off to a room next to the stairs. She pulls him in and quietly instructs him to disrobe and wrap a towel around his waist. She lays a fresh sheet over a small bed.

"Lay down here, Hyde. Face down."

---------

The rooms are extremely nice. A search for gimmicks only finds one. There is a hidden passage leading out of the bathroom to the street out back. It locks from inside the bathroom.

The lights that illuminate the City are soothing. Ripptor can see people walking around, not heavy foot traffic, but still more people than she's used to.

There are many buildings to be seen. Different styles of them, too. Parks are evident. What can only be a shopping district lies surrounded by parks.

Two buildings catch your attention. One is nearly invisible but for a shimmer. Within it's transparent walls are attacks of gold. All neatly organised. The other building is huge. It's decked out in blues and silver. This can only be the temple of Heironeous.

---------

A small man appears from the room behind the bar. His hair is a mess and he grumbles as he picks up a rag and wipes down the countertop.

9. - Top - End - #339
    Dwarf in the Playground

RogueGuy

Hyde

Hyde gets led into a room around from where they were. In nervous apprehension hyde does as peggy asked. So far this doesn't seem so bad to him. Hyde remembers the time crik was telling Dorian about females (hiding behind a shelf as usual, all the commotion and screams from Dorian were enough to make him curious) Hyde made sure to put his arm over the back of his neck when he layed forward. Hydes head turns to look around for peggy and calls out with a small hopeful smileOK I'M READY!

10. - Top - End - #340
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

Hyde can hear the quiet sounds of a small flame being lit, bottles being opened, and knuckles cracking.

She gently takes his arms and places them at his sides. "Life has not been kind to you. Allow me to give you some respite." She whispers.

Her hands are warm and oiled when they begin massaging Hyde's shoulders. The world begins to recede from his awareness as he falls into a deep sleep.

11. - Top - End - #341
    Titan in the Playground

"That girl... seemed pretty shocked... I feel a bit bad to have been so crude..." I say, finishing my drink.
    "You know, Gil, we should probably fo to bed now. Gotta work tomorrow"

12. - Top - End - #342
    Troll in the Playground

Gildoron Goldenleaf.

He nodded in assent to his companion's observations. Standing he waved to the barman as he passed by and went up to their room to get some rest.
    Last edited by TankLaser007; 2017-08-27 at 09:43 PM.

13. - Top - End - #343
    Ogre in the Playground

Zephyrinque Sanayd

Intruiged by the vast world now before her, Zephyr realizes that she'll have to wait until tomorrow to explore it deeper. Yawning, she double-checks Dorian's ex-captive (newly hers, the scoundrel!) for sleepiness, then gets ready to sleep herself. Closing the window, she slips her steel-studded leather off of her spike-studded shoulders, stretching out in her light underclothing.

Maybe I can get new clothes in town... I've never really had new clothes before. Something lighter, maybe? Zephyr wraps a towel around herself, imagining what wondrous new attire it could rather be, and heads over to the bath for an overdue cleaning.

Arriving in the steamy room to a bath already drawn, Zephyr's sense of smell is caressed with the aromas of soaps she can't wait to try. Lifting her leg over the rim, she sticks her foot into the water to test the temperature, and finds something... soft?
    Show
    They probably only have clothes they either made themselves or scavenged, right? She's excited to go Shoe/Dress shopping!

Tired and dreaming her towel is something cute and slinky, and with her scent ability masked via perfumed soaps, she doesn't notice Dorian trying to drown himself in the bubbles until she finds his tail.

Show
    +1 Gore +9 (2d6+5, x2)
    +1 Slam +9 (2d6+5, x2)
    +1 Strike +9 (1d6+5, x2)
    Grapple +7
    Stunning Glare(Su) Stun 1d4 rounds, Will DC14 neg
    Skills Jump 22, Intimidate 18, Tumble 17, Spellcraft 16, Survival 15, Balance 14,
    Know(Nature) 16, Know(Arcana, Dungeon, Local, Planes, Religion) 14, Know(Psionics) 10,
    Bluff 12, Spot / Listen 11, Diplomacy 9, Decipher 9, Hide 8, Move Silently 7, Search 6,
    Ride (Levi-hicle) 12

14. - Top - End - #344
    Firbolg in the Playground

Dorian Safehaven

Dorian shoots out of the water. "Yeowch!" He pulls his tail back and pouts. "That hurt..." He pets his injured tail, and moves backwards in the tub a bit. "Oh, it's you, Zeph." He smiles, not quite grasping the situation yet, his tail taking precedence...
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

Check out my Celestial Compendium!

15. - Top - End - #345
    Ogre in the Playground

Zephyrinque Sanayd

With a start, Zephyrinque pulls her leg back out of the water as it suddenly boils over with noisy fox floof.

Staring at the naked Dorian rubbing one (of his tails) out, Zephyr takes a deep breath. "You were just hiding in the bath, naked, waiting for someone to come in?" As she fixes her hurt and angry eyes on him, they flash with malevolence and... magic?
    Show
    No better time to discover she has magic eyes than by staring down a Peeping Fox!

Stunning Glance(Su): Stun (1d4)[4] rounds, Will DC 14 if you want to save, or just play along with the story <3

Show
    +1 Gore +9 (2d6+5, x2)
    +1 Slam +9 (2d6+5, x2)
    +1 Strike +9 (1d6+5, x2)
    Grapple +7
    Stunning Glare(Su) Stun 1d4 rounds, Will DC 14 neg
    Ride (Levi-hicle) 12

16. - Top - End - #346

Dorian

Frowning at Zeph, he starts to protest. "No, I was-" and then suddenly freezes in place, mid sentence!

17. - Top - End - #347
    Ogre in the Playground

Zephyrinque Sanayd

As Dorian stares at her, Zephyr draws her towel tighter, becoming even more aware of her current state.
    "Get. OUT!" Zephyr kicks the blonde boy (probably harder than she should have) several times until he's out the door, tails and all, slamming it shut behind him.

After a few breaths to calm her blushing, Zephyr prods the rest of the water for any other stalking men before finally getting in herself, pulling out Magical Beasts and Where to Find Them and looking up some Lycanthropes...
    Show

So, kicking Dorian out into the hallway naked sounds a little harsh, but... He'll be back to himself in another ~ 20 seconds.
    I guess it's up to the rest of you if you want to find him in that time!

I love our little pheromone-floof <3

Show
    +1 Gore +9 (2d6+5, x2)
    +1 Slam +9 (2d6+5, x2)
    +1 Strike +9 (1d6+5, x2)
    Grapple +7
    Stunning Glare(Su) Stun 1d4 rounds, Will DC 14 neg
    Ride (Levi-hicle) 12

18. - Top - End - #348
    Troll in the Playground

Gildoron Goldenleaf

"Kal? Did you hear that? Sounded like a bang on the foor from above, and a female yelling..."

Rolling out of his bed he unlocks the door and makes his way up the stairs to knock on the door to the suites above.

"Is everything ok in there? We heard screaming..."

19. - Top - End - #349

Dorian Safehaven

Grumbling a complaint about women always claiming things for their own, even though he was clearly there first, Dorian turns around to see Tyra and goes pale. He quickly wrapps himself in his tails to form a makeshift outfit of fluff and flinches. "It wasn't me! Zeph tossed me outta the bathroom!"

Spoiler: Part 2
    Show
    It's possible that Zeph might be updated before matters are done here with Tyra, so this will be an action he takes a little later, but before Zeph gets into her room! It's also possible this action might be impeded...

A maniacal grin wraps his way around his face. "I'm going to offer some payback!" He then quickly sneaks to Zeph's room and hides under her bed, waiting for the mischief to begin!

Show
    Ohohoho. Now Zeph's done it!
    Last edited by LoyalPaladin; 2017-08-31 at 03:23 PM.

20. - Top - End - #350
    Troll in the Playground

Getting no response and worried for the foreigners he makes his way downstairs to the bar.

"There may be trouble with our guests upstairs, we heard some yelling and banging and then nothing -- I tried to see if everything was alright but there was no answer..." he blinks, his large golden eyes moist with concern, "..they seem very naive and have never been in the city before I am just concerned something may have happened."

21. - Top - End - #351
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

"Uhn. The ambassador suite? You want I should call the guard to check on them?" The bartender doesn't look TOO concerned. But he's obviously willing to help.

22. - Top - End - #352
    Troll in the Playground

"Not sure if we need the guard but they are very young. First time away from their home and they are very new to the world. They have already lost two of their family on the way here I hate to hear they have suffered any more tragedies while guests in the city." he smiles, "if you could do whatever you can it would be much appreciated -- maybe Lady Pettilace could check on them -- just to make sure they are safe."
    Last edited by TankLaser007; 2017-08-31 at 03:55 PM.

23. - Top - End - #353
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

Hyde wakes up to mumbles from the bar. If he listens intently he can make out words like "screams" and "ambassador suite" and "call the guards".

On the other hand, he could go back to that wonderful sleep...

24. - Top - End - #354
    Dwarf in the Playground

RogueGuy

grumble...snore... no, no guards....wait, What? Hyde sits up quickly, looking confused and disoriented.what happened? then he remembers!I'm alive!! hyde makes a note to tell crik when and if he ever finds him again. Just then hyde hears some commotion oitside the room hes in and makes out something about ambassodors suite and he jumps up to find out whats going on. He steps out to the hall and notices the man that was playing music speaking to the bartender. He's the one hyde must have heard because he mentions something about lady pettilace checking on the suite just as hyde walks up.hey whats going on? You were the one playing music right? Or was that your friend? Either way i'm Hyde. You mentioned something about the ambassador suite? Thats where my group is staying. What's going on?
    Last edited by Dragonlancer83; 2017-08-31 at 05:43 PM.

25. - Top - End - #355
    Troll in the Playground

Gildoron Goldenleaf

The young fey smiles at Hyde, "Well then looks like we can assure the safety of your friends without unnecessarily troubling the guard. We heard a crash from your rooms and a woman yelling or screaming, I went to check on them and no body responded, perhaps it is nothing, but..."

He leans in close to Hyde, whispering in his ear, "I spoke with Lady Tyralisa about your two friends whom you lost along the way -- which made me fearful for you all, while I hope not -- maybe someone is targeting your group..."

He leans back from the young rogue and looks at him with large golden-orange eyes that reflect the lantern light on the moist shimmering orbs. "Shall we accompany you or will you be all right on your own?"
    Last edited by TankLaser007; 2017-08-31 at 09:51 PM.

26. - Top - End - #356
    Dwarf in the Playground

RogueGuy

Hyde listens intently and perks up even more when Gilderon leans in and mentions Tyra. Hyde figures that if this man knows tyra well enough to have her tell him about Crik and Alessia then he could at least trust him for the moment... however warily.
    Spoiler: sense motive
    Show
    (1d20+14)[31]

i suppose it would be best to have backup, especially under the circumstances. knowing them, there would have been a LOT more commotion... and destruction. So worst case scenario... im gonna need the help. Lead the way
    Hyde gets up and follows behind Gilderon, being as wary of him as he was of every corner they turned and door they passed on their way to the suite.

27. - Top - End - #357

Tyralisa

"Wasn't you?" Tyralisa raises her head when Dorian comes into the room and exclaims something wasn't his fault, sitting up on the bed from where she'd been laying. She snorts a bit and shakes her head at the idea that Zephyr tossed him out of the bathroom. "Aww. Were you relaxing in there?" She gives him a sympathetic look as she stands up and stretches, giving him a little pat on the head and a little hug, barely seeming to notice that he's naked, but certainly noticing that he is wet. "You need a towel?" She asks, looking around to see if there's something he can use to dry off with around, and handing it to him once she finds one.

Considering for a moment telling him about what she learned, she figures that maybe he could use a little longer to relax without having to worry about that just yet, so she doesn't say anything about it at all.
    Ailanreanter, Arcanaloth

28. - Top - End - #358
    Troll in the Playground

Gildoron Goldenleaf

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlancer83 View Post
    Hyde listens intently and perks up even more when Gilderon leans in and mentions Tyra. Hyde figures that if this man knows tyra well enough to have her tell him about Crik and Alessia then he could at least trust him for the moment... however warily.
    Spoiler: sense motive
    Show
    [roll0]

i suppose it would be best to have backup, especially under the circumstances. knowing them, there would have been a LOT more commotion... and destruction. So worst case scenario... im gonna need the help. Lead the way
    Hyde gets up and follows behind Gilderon, being as wary of him as he was of every corner they turned and door they passed on their way to the suite.
    The bard leads the rogue up the stairs to the suite, and knocks again on the door; "Hello? Lady Tyralisa? It's Gildoron, we spoke earlier, I am here with your companion..."

He looks to Hyde, "...forgive me, I never got your name..." he points to the door indicating that maybe Hyde should speak or open the door himself assuming he has a key.

Spoiler: Motive
    Show

Gildoron is genuinely concerned for the safety of he group, and looks as if he is scared or sad. Also everything he said is true.

29. - Top - End - #359
    Dwarf in the Playground

RogueGuy

Hyde

Following Gilderon to the correct door he watches as he tries in vain to get Tyras attention and looks at him. once again the names Hyde, just Hyde he then looks at the door and if there is a problem this is no time for pleasantries...TYRA ARE YOU OK? I'M TRYING THE DOOR as he takes out the key and hopes it works on her door.

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by OOC
    hey whats going on? You were the one playing music right? Or was that your friend? Either way i'm Hyde. You mentioned something about the ambassador suite?
    i knew i said it somewhere, hyde may be gruff but he's not COMPLETELY impolite, he understands formality however little he may have haha*
    Last edited by Dragonlancer83; 2017-09-01 at 04:17 AM.

30. - Top - End - #360

Dorian Safehaven

Graciously accepting a towel (and a hug), he wraps himself in it, and begins to pad around the room. "I was relaxing, after I'd cleaned all the vomit out of my tails I decided it was time for a little relaxation." He shrugs. "She accused me of peeping, so later I'm goin-" There was a knock at the door and some yelling. "Are you expecting company?" His eyes narrow shrewdly at the door, as if he's expecting an ambush.