New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Welcome to the World (IC)

Crik-Sa Kor

The large mutant flips all four of his clawed hands backs outward towards Gus -- as if shooing away a cat or small animal. "Fine." he says turning to face Tyralisa and Moira. "Let us leave to find our sister at this 'camp.'" His head rotates at an odd angle for a human to face Gus, "She better be alright..." he says, more to himself than anyone else as he walks with the rest to the other side of the gatehouse.

"HIja' Gus mej mah nIteb. Moira 'IwlIj mah. tera' tuj nis soh ram."

Spoiler: Thri-Kree
    Show

"Yes we'll leave this Gus alone, and listen to Moira. You need some warm sand for the night."

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground

Zephyrinque Sanayd

"Sounds amenable," Zephyr channels her mother's graciousness, "But we do have a score to settle with them as well. We may find a mutually beneficial agreement there in the future..."

Rejoining the others outside the gatehouse, Zephyr looks over her small family. She reaches out to Dorian as he reached out to her this morning, caressing his shoulder with comfort and healing. Seeing little else to do, the thorny girl reaches out and hugs Medina tightly, her prickly self cushioning into the slime girl to no effect, as usual. "They seem like good enough people," She whispers to the group, "But we'll need to stay on guard.."
    Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Ready to travel!

Healing Dorian: (2d8)[9] HP (OoC Roll)

Also, I hope its okay to hug Medina? With her DR and her slime-body, she's probably the only person Zephyr can ever hug without hurting them... She'll love you forever! <3

Lowlight Vision, Scent 30ft
    Spoiler: Statblock
    Show
    Female Chaotic Good Feytouched [Fey] Evo 2 || Warblade 2
    Level 2, Init 5, HP 26/26, DR 5 / Cold Iron, Speed 50
    AC 21, Touch 15, Flat-footed 21
    Fort 5, Ref 9, Will 1, Base Attack Bonus 2
    Full Attack +7 Strike, +5 / +5 Claws
    Claws +7 / +7 (2d4+4, x2)
    Unarmed Strike +7 (1d6+4, x2)
    Mwk Studded Leather (+3 Armor, +5 Dex)
    Abilities Str 18, Dex 20, Con 14, Int 18, Wis 10, Cha 15
    Skills Jump 21, Tumble 16, Spellcraft 15, Survival 15, Balance 14, Intimidate 14,
    Know(Nature) 16, Know(Arcana, Dungeon, Local) 14, Know(Planes) 11, Know(Psionics, Religion) 10,
    Spot / Listen 10, Bluff 10, Decipher 9, Hide 8, Move Silently 7

3. - Top - End - #153
    Troll in the Playground

Dorian Safehaven

"I'll help you with those." says the golden eyed man as Creek and the other leave. "So we are going to use these to destroy this building?" he continues taking one of the rune caped devices from Gus. "Tell me Gus, and thank you for all of your help, who are you and your friends? You seem pretty well equipped and skilled. The way you just seemed to appear out of nowhere, and how did your friend move Alessia so quickly? Is he a wizard?" Dorian continues to speak to Gus as they work, being friendly and polite and trying to get as much useful information as he can, while also observing him and seeing if he seems to be withholding or hiding anything.

Spoiler
    Show

Diplomacy - (1d20+13)[16] being friendly with Gus
    Gather Information - (1d20+11)[14] trying to get useful information from him about who he is, who he works with and what is going on.
    Sense Motive - (1d20+7)[17] does Gus seem honest, is he hiding anything and is he telling truth.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

"Can't really talk just yet!" Gus gets right to work with Dorian's help.
    Once they've done the bulk of the job, only one piton left, Gus stops for a minute. "My dad's the treasurer for a major business. I'm Gus Platinum and Mr. Blank is my tutor. This trip out is supposed to be an extended subsistence training session, but, well, we heard the rats keening. And that brought us here."

Gus climbs up the wall to place the last piton, "Gods, what in the pits were you doing in that... pit?"

5. - Top - End - #155
    Bugbear in the Playground

Listening to the situation, Tyralisa frowns and gives a bit of a growl. She doesn't like it one bit, that these people just showed up and somehow stole Alessia away using magic of some sort. Why did they do that?

Once they get back together and Zephyr says what she has to, Tyralisa nods, bristling rather obviously and looking suspiciously around at the strangers. She tries to speak quietly to the others in the group, sounding a little hostile but mostly worried. "I don't like it, I don't understand why they took Alessia. To 'help' her? We could have helped her here... And...isn't magic to transport someone like that...difficult? Why would they use it on a stranger they don't know?" The way she says 'stranger' is especially hostile, and it's clear from her tone and her previous attitudes that Tyra essentially equates strangers with enemies, the same way a 'normal' villager might say 'orc'. "Yeah, definitely stay on our guard."
    -Do you honestly think that we believe ourselves evil? My friend, we seek only good. It's just that our definitions don't quite match.-
    Ailanreanter, Arcanaloth

6. - Top - End - #156
    Dwarf in the Playground

RogueGuy

Fascinated by ingot, and relieved he returned his greeting so formally, he felt comfortable asking a couple more questions.forgive me for being so blunt Ingot, but what exactly are you? And you don't seem at all suprised at my siblings so that makes me curious for my second question, what do you know of the town of Beomsfeld?

7. - Top - End - #157
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

"No insult taken, Hyde. I am a warforged. We were made to fight in a war many decades ago. Since then few more of us have been made in times of relative peace. My activation date hails back to that great war, but I fear I have no recollection farther back than 6 years ago." He walks with Hyde out into the sunlight and away from the gatehouse.
    "Beomsfeld was, apparently, a merchant city-state. 16 years it was leveled by a weapon of great power. There were no surviv..."
    It stops and looks at each of you.
    "As far as anyone knows, there were no survivors. May I ask, Hyde, what your thoughts are on the topic of survivors? I'm sure your answer will be enlightening."

8. - Top - End - #158
    Dwarf in the Playground

RogueGuy

Looking around, Hyde sees Zephyr and the halfling Mr Blank arguing, Moira and Creek seem to be upset, he overhears alessia's name and noticed she's missing, he sees Mr blank point and hears mention of a camp. Hyde doesn't sense anything offputting or deceitful about Ingot, but he's still a stranger, plus his assumption seems to underly a certain understanding already, plus he's pretty sure his siblings wouldnt want him saying too much too soon, especially if they know what happened to Alessia. At least until then, he should tread carefully.
    Isn't everyone a survivor of something? Thanks to you all, we are survivors of these beasts, and for that we are all grateful, but please understand that now might not be the best time to speak of such things, at least until we're sure of its truth. I especially wouldn't want to speak for my siblings when they are not all in present company. Tell me more about your friend over there argueing with, and not at all intimidated by my sister?

Spoiler: bluff check
    Show
    Rolling a bluff check to successfully change the subject.
    (1d20+13)[32]

9. - Top - End - #159
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

And just like that, Ingot slips conversation topics to Mr. Blank.
    "That would be Mr. Blank. I understand that he used to work for the king some time ago. I'm sure he met with your kind before, though perhaps not in your numbers. It's honestly odd to see such a gathering of you outside the Wild Lands."

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground

Zephyrinque Sanayd

"Alessia is our first priority, agreed. We'll have these people show us there, as soon as we can." Zephyr turns again to examine this new group, rotating to take it all in. Remembering the hold-up that Mr. Red-Face mentioned, she walks around the outside of the gatehouse and area looking for anything interesting, for herself or just to get them moving again.
    Show
    Well, while we wait...

Search, taking 20, for 26
    -> Or, if we're in a rush: (1d20+6)[15]

Looking for extra Vehicles, stuff inside these vehicles, and/or anything else nearby or interest / value.

Show
    Fort 5, Ref 9, Will 1, Base Attack Bonus 2
    Full Attack +7 Strike, +5 / +5 Claws
    Skills Jump 21, Tumble 16, Spellcraft 15, Survival 15, Balance 14, Intimidate 14,
    Know(Nature) 16, Know(Arcana, Dungeon, Local) 14, Know(Planes) 11, Know(Psionics, Religion) 10,

11. - Top - End - #161
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

Taking 20 for the full 26, gotcha.

The clearing is, well, clear. Aside from a set of not quite identical boulders. They are all in one area, not evenly spaced, and about waist height to a medium creature. They vary from about 4' around to about 6' around.

The trade road looks well grown over at this point. There are several taverns up and down the coastline.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

Zephyrinque Sanayd

"Hey, I think I've found what we're looking for, over this way!" Zephyr calls out to everyone, pointing and leading the way over to the oddly arranged boulders.
    Show
    Hey look, a story vehicle!

Show
    Fort 5, Ref 9, Will 5, Base Attack Bonus 2
    Full Attack +7 / +7 Claw, +5 Slam, +5 Strike
    Slam +7 (2d6+4, x2)
    Grapple +6

13. - Top - End - #163
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

Ingot tromps it's way to the "boulder lot" while adjusting a dial on it's arm. When it finds itself at the center of the arrangement it slams it's hands on the dial.

THUUM!

CRACKLE!

POP!

Spoiler: Boulder Reveal!
    Show

Now turn the wheels horizontal to the ground and replace the rubber for crystal. There is no engine. There ARE esoteric controls and devices that make no sense.

"I assume these are not yours?" Ingot asks aloud. "Well, I suggest you each claim one."

-----------------------

"Dorian. Run now. It's time to seal those rats inside the city." Gus Platinum pushes Dorian to run ahead.

Dorian runs out at full pelt and stumbles into Hyde.
    Gus sprints out screaming, "aaaAAAAAA!!!"
    The gatehouse rumbles and shakes. The interior glows red and smoke gushes out from the upper floors. And then goes quiet. The smoke stops. The light fades. And the upper floors fall straight down into the building, turning an entrance into a solid wall.

"Well done, Gus. I'll record that as a passing mark. Now help these people with the quads. They are traveling with us for a short time." Mr. Blank says.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Barbarian in the Playground

Moira was curiously watching the explosives-planting, when the quads are revealed. Not sure what just happened, she looks at the vehicles, and goes forward to touch one of them, carefully. With a certain respect but an even higher curiosity, she lets her fingers run over the crystal and also lightly over the esoteric controls.

"Whoooaaaaaa." Then she turns to Ingot.
    "How... How do they work? How do we use them?"

Apparently, her curiosity for all kinds of complex devices is stronger than her mistrust in strangers.

When the walls come down, she is even more attracted to this for a moment, but then turns to Ingot again, clearly still interested in hearing the answer.
    Last edited by Centaurion; 2017-08-02 at 03:36 PM.
    Thanks, Rizban for the awesome avatar!

15. - Top - End - #165

BardGuy

Medina, pouting off to the side, is shaken out of it by the demolition. There was a sense of finality, there would be no returning to their rat-infested beginnings. She gets up with a sigh, and walks back to the group.

Upon seeing the strange... crystalline things, she tilts her head in confusion, and thinks, What are those?

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ogre in the Playground

Zephyrinque Sanayd

Fascinated, Zephyr looks over it with the others.
    "Well, that's one way to 'fly'..." Zephyr muses, her small wings twitching lightly.
    "Though it seems like a levitation infusion, perchance? So not too far off the ground..." She loses herself in thought as she contemplates the possibilities...
    Show
    Aww, Medina! I even gave you a hug <3

Show
    Slam +7 (2d6+4, x2)
    Grapple +6

17. - Top - End - #167
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

Ingot turns to Mr. Blank, "Allow me to provide some education to these survivors."

"What you see here are levi-vehicles. Specifically, quads. There are several makes and models. Each make prefers to use a different source for the power. These appear to be a decent mix of makes, though they seem to all be of the quad style. Just climb on, grab ahold of the control handlebars and think about traveling. They respond to your desire. Unfortunately I seem to have burnt out their weak disguise features. It's a common security feature."

He pulls one forward. "Who wants to try first?"

18. - Top - End - #168

Moira

Without hesitation, Moira steps forward.

"Me."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I didn't know whether someone else also wants to be first, and thought we could, in doubt, settle it with a roll.
    Maybe simply initiative? I'll just roll a d20 for now.
    (1d20)[3]

Initiative would be 7, reflex 10.
    Last edited by Centaurion; 2017-08-03 at 02:04 AM.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Dwarf in the Playground

RogueGuy

Hyde bows his head and motions with his hand towards Moira.
    by all means, ladies first.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Troll in the Playground

Crik-Sa Kor

Crik flinched when the gate house exploded, he had never seen or heard something like that before. Following the others to where these 'boulders' were he watches cautiously with trepidation as the other examine them from up close.

The Kreen stands a few metres away from the things watching Medina from afar. His two tentaclaws pulled close to his body, like those of a mantis while his four arms remain folded across his chest. His spines have been retracted, indicating for those who know him, that he is somewhat relaxed. Much like Medina his head tilts yet continues to rotate as his antenae wave in front and from side to side as if they could feel the strange devices from a distance.

"Medina legh. Sohvad val 'ej Doch law' vIhtahbogh qo' Hur vISov Dun ghah. HIja' vIsov. rut vIhar je."

Spoiler: Thri-Kree
    Show

"Watch Medina. She is very smart and knows a great many things about the outside world. Yes I know. I think so too."

21. - Top - End - #171
    Firbolg in the Playground

Dorian

Stumbling into Hyde, Dorian feels slightly ashamed that his flight vs fight nature got the better of him. "Sorry, friend." He walks to stand beside Tyralisa, tails flicking around nervously. Looking around, he whispers to the tall woman. "Where's Alessia?"
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

Check out my Celestial Compendium!

22. - Top - End - #172
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Centaurion View Post
    Moira

Without hesitation, Moira steps forward.

"Me."
    Ingot takes Moira by the hand and leads her to a deep green quad with light purple, almost blue, crystals. It patiently assists her mounting the thing. The grips are cold to the touch at first, but quickly warm to her comfort.

Following Ingot's instruction, "Think about standing up slowly. Good, good..." Moira gets the quad off the ground without difficulty. "Now will yourself forward. Easy, EASY!" Moira jets off at about 30mph before slowing down and turning around. After another 5 minutes, she has about mastered the rudimentary skills needed to ride a crystal quad levi-vehicle.

"You are now experienced enough, Moira, to help instruct your friends."

23. - Top - End - #173
    Dwarf in the Playground

RogueGuy

Hyde catches his footing and grabs onto Dorian as they both keep from tumbling over. As they regain their balance, Hyde pats Dorian on the back and nods with a smile. He watches Ingot give Moira the lesson on the magic vehicle. Once confident enough he's got the gist, Hyde finds a quad slightly away from the rest, one with light green, almost aqua crystals under it. He decides he's seen enough to try himself.

Ok let's see if i understood this right

Spoiler: ride roll
    Show
    (1d20+11)[19]

24. - Top - End - #174
    Bugbear in the Playground

Following Zephyr to the odd collection of boulders, Tyralisa shifted a bit in surprise when the boulders turned out to be...some kind of riding vehicles. Then, although the explosion had been warned about, she nearly jumped at it, already on edge and nervous. The wings that had sprouted from her back, still not large enough to carry her, fluttered somewhat as she frowned and glanced about in alarm, but once things settled, she calmed a little, but unlike Crik, she was still very much on edge, what with all these strangers around.

When Dorian comes over to speak with her, and asks about Alessia, the big girl frowns and shakes her head, leaning over a bit to respond quietly to Dorian. "Somehow these people took her away by magic, supposedly to help her. I...don't know what to do other than go with them and hope they're telling the truth."

Moira, meanwhile, takes off on one of the vehicles, while Tyralisa watches while talking to Dorian. She jerks a bit when the girl takes off so fast, concerned about what the thing she's riding is going to do, but as she manages to take control of it properly, Tyra calms a little again. Then, seeing that these things are fast enough that there's no way she could keep up otherwise, she looks around to see if one of them is big enough for her to ride comfortably, considering her size, while also wondering if Crik is going to be able to ride the things, with his insectoid body.
    -Do you honestly think that we believe ourselves evil? My friend, we seek only good. It's just that our definitions don't quite match.-
    Ailanreanter, Arcanaloth

25. - Top - End - #175
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

Hyde's ride was remarkably easy. His confidence well placed in his choice of quad.

Tyra will be pleased to see that there are a couple larger quads settled near each other. They do look big enough to fit her and Crik, together if they so chose.

26. - Top - End - #176

Moira

"Wheeeee" She shouts when the thing suddenly accelerates, giving her joy and excitement a voice.

When she stops her quad again, she sees Hyde mounting one and control it with ease, and can't but smile.

"You have to try it!" She says to the others. "Come on, it's easy. I'll explain it to you... And it will also bring us faster to this camp where they tend to Alessia."

She offers to teach anybody who is willing to try and tries to encourage the others to try it. Apparently, she is torn apart by the fun of the new discovery and the need to find Alessia as soon as possible.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground

Zephyrinque Sanayd

After watching Moira and Hyde, Zephyr stalls along the boulders until she finds a slender, green-crystalled one which calls out to her. Mounting it carefully, she tentatively grips the bars, dreaming of flying as her wings flutter..
    Show
    Green crystals, to match her green soul <3

Ride(Levi-hicle): (1d20+12)[22]

Show
    Slam +7 (2d6+4, x2)
    Grapple +6
    Spot / Listen 10, Bluff 10, Decipher 9, Hide 8, Move Silently 7,
    Ride (Levi-hicle) 12

28. - Top - End - #178
    Firbolg in the Playground

Dorian

About to lay his ears down to show is disapproval, Dorian keeps calm and carries on. "I see." His tails cease to twitch and his vulpine eyes look over the newcomers. "Don't worry Tyra. I won't let them take you." He whispers quietly.

It would be impossible to see through his mass of fluffy tails that he partially wrapped around the tall woman for comfort, but he was silently fingering his deadly kukri behind his back. He wouldn't be letting his guard down again. "Would you accompany me on a ride, Tyra?" His voice was calm and level, but to anyone who had known him extensively, it was also dripping with poison. "We best follow Moira's advice. To Alessia's side we go."
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

Check out my Celestial Compendium!

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ogre in the Playground

Zephyrinque Sanayd

Zephyr's Levi-hicle starts slow, fluttering forward for a few meters as she feels her way through the handling. As she learns her way, she plays with it more and more, taking short sprints and sharp turns. She grins widely, wings fluttering in a futile attempt to help, as she jumps over another parked boulder with her own flyer.

She could get used to magics like this! She's definitely going to study up on what her new world has to offer...
    Show
    Wheeeee flying <3

Okay, I'm not sure what else to do here, so I'm good to go unless someone wants to do something cute with Zephyr. Always open to some RP ties!

Show
    Slam +7 (2d6+4, x2)
    Grapple +6
    Spot / Listen 10, Bluff 10, Decipher 9, Hide 8, Move Silently 7,
    Ride (Levi-hicle) 12

30. - Top - End - #180
    Troll in the Playground

Crik-Sa Kor

Crik walks to one of the larger 'things' near the back. He passes by Dorian and Tyra. When he sees the large crystals that seem to resonate and provide the lift something deep inside of him rises. He is filled with animosity and aversion. His spines eject, and his wings whine. There is something deep within him that is screaming 'danger'. But he has to go to this 'camp' of there’s and -- it seems -- this is the only way.

He looks at Zephyr and Moira and even Hyde zipping around on these things. He pushes the large quad with a clawed foot and pokes its several times with his tentaclaw, before finally mounting. He grips the handles with his two lower claws leaving his upper pair of arms and tentaclaws free to strike should there be trouble. Just think about flying? His legs tense and his wings whir as he imagines himself jumping forward and the quad jerkily rushes forward and then abruptly halts -- Crik grasps the body with his upper arms while squeezing the chassis between his powerfully built legs.

It takes several more tries before he is able to smoothly move forward and backward left right. Although he doesn't ride with the gusto and playfulness of the others it isn't long until he is able to utilise the quad as a reliable means of transport. For him it is simply a tool -- a means to reaching Alessia.