New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Planetar

Default Did I break thread formatting?

Have a look at this post

I dunno what the rest of you see, but what I see is that when you get down to the sentence "It's a tossup between Elan and Haley, really; but if Elan gets off inspire courage then everyone in the Order gets a boost on attacks and saving throws for at least five rounds." -- between that sentence and the next suddenly the formatting disappears. The remaining text is justified at the start of my browser window, the posting form it is supposed to be contained in (containing my avatar and title to the left) just disappears.

I want to fix it, but before I do I wanted Rawhide et al to have a look and answer a few questions:

1) Are you seeing what I'm seeing? If so, how the devil did I break the site formatting?
    2) Is there something we need to do to correct it so it doesn't happen again?

Obviously, this was inadvertent. I was quoting Jasdoif and cutting and pasting my own stuff in from a text editor. Never seen that happen before.

Respectfully,

Brian P.
    "Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid."

-Valery Legasov in Chernobyl

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Default Re: Did I break thread formatting?

Alternative link for the post.

On the mobile site, I cannot scroll past that special-formatted post to get to any posts beneath it. Even the stuff that usually at the bottom of every mobile page, such as paging and Log Out/Full Site/Top, are gone.

You could copy the code you used, and paste it here within [*code][*/code] tags, or [*html][*/html] tags. Failing that, put it in Pastebin.
    Last edited by goto124; 2017-07-29 at 11:48 AM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

This is amazing. And I have no idea how that happened.

If you quote that post the weird messup goes away, but the forum also ignores existing quotes when quoting a post.
    We are not standing on the shoulders of giants, but on very tall tower of other dwarves.

Spriggan's Den Heroic Fantasy Roleplaying

4. - Top - End - #4
    Firbolg in the Playground

Better than posting the code and breaking things, use [noparse][/noparse] tags, one at the start, one at the end, so we can help you debug the post. Rawhide or Roland might go in and fix it, but if we know why it is broken, we can tell people about it in the future, like putting two - after a semicolon or using 2 spaces after lynx, (or is that a colon?), or the other things the site does to stop hacking attempts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Fixed .

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak