New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: The Twofold Houses 5: Rebuilding

Cessie's Lab

"That, and many other emotions." Ambrosia remarks with a nod. "And yes, the aether have caused what's called 'strengthening' of your concepts." Her gaze then follows Jezebel as she suddenly approaches Cessie who had been crossing her arms over her chest.

"Jezebel..." Cessie only says her name as she finds herself caught in her embrace. She had been afraid that this would happen but she had to be here for Jezebel.

Ambrosia is still observing the two as if nothing had happened, her book still taking notes.
    Cessie looks at the scholar. "...may we have a moment alone?"

Of all the things that has happened, this request is what causes Ambrosia to finally look puzzled. "Well, as far as I can tell, her souls does seem to have recover so we have technically already achieved our goal." She nods politely. "I'll wait outside a moment then."

Then she and the book both steps outside, closing the door behind her.

The sorceress breathes out relaxes, reaching up to caress Jezebel's chin with her hand. "You look good, Jezebel. I guess its very you to transform into some otherworldly being every now and then. I just have to get used to it." She replies with a smile.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2019-01-18 at 07:31 PM.

2. - Top - End - #422
    Ogre in the Playground

Cessie's Lab

"I wouldn't say the soul is quite recovered yet."
    Jezebel points out, looking down at the left "wing" which still showed signs of severe cracks. It appeared to be healing, but it was gradual and slow. After the look though, she returns to gazing own at Cessie, smiling as she leans into the mage's hand. "Right now, i want nothing more than to whisk you away to somewhere private. To ravage, to make love, to adore you." She says quietly, leaning forward to run her lips down Cessie's neck to plant several quick kisses. "But a part of me also wants to be responsible with this power. Well, responsible in other ways. Particularly with someone else so close at hand. I would not wager on either of us being quiet."

She runs her hand along the mage's side though, and the hunger in her expression is clear. "But at the very least, if nothing else, please sit upon my lap and help control me as I think of ways to use this."

3. - Top - End - #423
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Return From Riverside]

"Okay... okay, come with me." Sakura steels herself and guides Adir into the house. She holds him around his waist, though there's little she could do to truly support him if he needed it. Hopefully it won't come to that before she gets him into the office.

Naturally a few worried faces peek around corners to look down the hallway at them. "Laela." Sakura's voice is clear and assertive. "Get a bowl of warm water and a cloth. Cern, get mommy the first aid kit from under the sink in the bathroom. Gwydion, watch your brothers and sisters in the living room. Take out the block bin and make something with them." The eldest three kids spring into action as Sakura seats Adir in the office.

"We need to get this armour off you. Tell me how." Her eyes betray her worry, but she’s not letting it distract her now.
    [Return from Riverside]

Adir does as he's told. She can feel his breath, still a little weak and ragged. Holding him around the waist, underneath one of his arms, she can feel the uncertain pitter-patter of his great heart. The stag coughs, and when he opens his eyes there are children appearing! He barely has time to offer a reassuring smile before Sakura begins to make the little ones useful. "Heeey, guys. Don't be scared. M'sorry I was gone all night..." He says after them.

Adir drops into his chair as soon as he's guided to it. "Poor kids... I was supposed to be back early enough to read to them." He hisses as he feels the chair press his armor against his back. "God damn it."

On reflex at Sakura's request, Adir raises his hand and snaps his fingers. His armor turns into a silvery man-shaped mist that quickly disappears. It provides the new problem of him being quite naked. And...

Adir has what looks like some fairly nasty burns over most of his upper body, parts of his stomach, and on his thighs. He looks a little pale for a second and touches one of the marks, wincing. "Hrm." He raises his eyes to Sakura, offering his most fearless smile. "Hope the insides of my lungs don't look like this too."
    Last edited by Murkus; 2019-01-19 at 07:46 PM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

4. - Top - End - #424

Cessie's Lab

Cessie seems to becoming increasingly aware that Jezebel was stark naked as she was hugging her and politely tries not to make any moves that would make it look like she wanted to engage with the other noble in a more intimate fashion right this moment.

Then she swallows her tension. They had to focus.

"I knew that if anyone could control themselves, it would be you." The sorceress remarks with a appreciative smile as Jezebel decides to not try to take this experiment into a completely different direction.
    She can't help but to fidget a bit when Jezebel ran her hand along her side however. While the control was there, she could tell that Jezebel was, well, "hungry".
    For the longest time she had believed that it was the former daemons core, but as she could tell very well now Jezebel's inner-self was much closer to her own than she could have ever imagined when they first met. There was deep passion as was evident just by looking at her, which made it all the more impressive how she could discipline and control it. Perhaps that was the trait she found most attractive.

"Alright..." She replies as she gently placed her hands at Jezebel's sides. "Let's put all this to good use, why not create something remarkable?"

5. - Top - End - #425
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [To the Keep]

"This is Koshal. He's my student, like you are," Wenomir explains. "I brought him so you can train together."
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathkeeper View Post
    [To the Keep]

Koshal smiles down at the tiny girl. So small!
    ”Hello Cora. I hear we’re gonna be giving you a lesson today.” Koshal shrugs off his jacket. Under it is a similar simple shirt for training.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [To the Keep]

"Be more careful next time, Lady Cora." Garn chides as he gives her a neutral look. The little lady was far too eager and energetic for her own good. She would hurt herself!
    [Sword Training!]

"I am careful!" Cora insists to Garn. Something she's said before many accidents. "Are we gonna train right now?" Cora asks. Koshal or not, she knows her priorities.

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    [Return from Riverside]

Adir does as he's told. She can feel his breath, still a little weak and ragged. Holding him around the waist, underneath one of his arms, she can feel the uncertain pitter-patter of his great heart. The stag coughs, and when he opens his eyes there are children appearing! He barely has time to offer a reassuring smile before Sakura begins to make the little ones useful. "Heeey, guys. Don't be scared. M'sorry I was gone all night..." He says after them.

Adir drops into his chair as soon as he's guided to it. "Poor kids... I was supposed to be back early enough to read to them." He hisses as he feels the chair press his armor against his back. "God damn it."

On reflex at Sakura's request, Adir raises his hand and snaps his fingers. His armor turns into a silvery man-shaped mist that quickly disappears. It provides the new problem of him being quite naked. And...

Adir has what looks like some fairly nasty burns over most of his upper body, parts of his stomach, and on his thighs. He looks a little pale for a second and touches one of the marks, wincing. "Hrm." He raises his eyes to Sakura, offering his most fearless smile. "Hope the insides of my lungs don't look like this too."
    [Return from Riverside]

Sakura stares speechless at Adir's wounds for a moment. "I... don't know what to do about this. Cuts or scrapes maybe, but this... We need to get to a doctor or something." While Sakura deflates helplessly, Cern steps into view and stands in the doorway. He's giving his dad a bug-eyed look.

6. - Top - End - #426
    Titan in the Playground

[Sword Training!]

"Of course," Wenomir says, heading into the keep and the area where he trains Cora. "You know the drill, don't you? Warm-up first, then stretching. Otherwise we'll get sore. Then I think I'll have you show me and Koshal what you've learned. And I can show you a few sword-swings."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

7. - Top - End - #427
    Ogre in the Playground

Sword Training

Koshal cheerily follows after Wenomir, his hooves clopping on the keep’s floor.
    ”Do you practice every day, Cora?” he asks.
    Consistent practice is the key to improvement!
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

8. - Top - End - #428
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sword Training!]

"Yep! I remember!" Cora bounces with every step. Sword swings! "I only get to practice with my sword when Wenomir is here... But I practice with sticks outside all the time!"

9. - Top - End - #429
    Titan in the Playground

[Sword Training!]

"Do you also remember your footwork exercises, Cora?" Wenomir asks as they arrive in the space Cessie has designated for Cora's training. "It's very important. Fighting with a sword is much more than just swinging. Koshal first came to me because his lady has four legs and couldn't teach him footwork." He opens his bag and hands Koshal a practice sword. "Show Koshal what you've learned, will you? Follow him back and forth like I've taught you."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

10. - Top - End - #430
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sword Training]

Koshal nods.
    ”Mister Wenomir is the best teacher I could find even if we don’t have the same kind of legs.” he says, taking the practice sword. Koshal starts out with some basic movements. The bare minimum for what he would except for a child.

11. - Top - End - #431

[Return from Riverside]

Sakura stares speechless at Adir's wounds for a moment. "I... don't know what to do about this. Cuts or scrapes maybe, but this... We need to get to a doctor or something." While Sakura deflates helplessly, Cern steps into view and stands in the doorway. He's giving his dad a bug-eyed look.
    [Return From Riverside]

"It's okay, hey, it's fine," Adir seems to be saying it to himself a little as much as he's saying it to Sakura. "It was either the hospital, or here... and I needed to check on you guys. I'm not driving anywhere else tonight, and the nearest ambulance is going to be coming from Inside. I'll... I'll fix it. I need my kit again, like with--"

Oh, speak of the devil. Adir looks at his son over the top of his desk. "Cern. Hey, buddy. Um. You okay?"

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

12. - Top - End - #432
    Ogre in the Playground

Cessie's Lab

The hunger is obviously still there, simmering beneath the surface, but Cessie's words seem to help Jezebel reign it in for the moment. She doesn't let go of Cessie immediately, but she does let out a breath and closes her eyes before taking a small step back. "Remarkable how? What can someone create with this?" She asks before finally letting go. "I do know of two things that should be done however." She adds before raising a hand to her own chest. Jezebel uses a bit of the power to mend the wound in her chest, leaving a moderately sized scar, and when she removes her hand she's holding a small ball of stitching and staples. She doesn't even bother to hide the look of disgust she gives the mess before tossing it into the garbage.

The second thing she does is cause a simple violet robe to appear on her being, providing at least a bit of modesty. "I imagine you can call Ambrosia back in now."

13. - Top - End - #433

Cessie's Lab

Cessie will have to get out of Jezebel's lapas the former daemon gets up. "Depends on the person, anything you are closely associated with conceptually, like say swords, you could be able to manipulate." She attempts to explain as Jezebel heals herself. The robe was also an improvement, this was not the time to be naked, though considering those 'wings' there probably was holes in it.

"See? You can already make things. Ambrosia can explain more however, I'll let her in." The sorceress goes up to the door and let's the scholar and her floating tome inside. "We're done now, you can come in."

"Excellent." The scholar smiles faintly at the two before she stops in front of Jezebel. "Looks like you're improving, lady Tel'vree. Is there anything you need to ask me about your condition? I imagine that you're curious."

14. - Top - End - #434
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sword Training]

"Okay!" Cora stands beside Koshal and follows his movements. This is clearly very familiar by now, because she has no issues keeping pace with him. Despite the fact that she was basically trembling with excitement moments ago, Koshal will find she's quite steady in her movements.

[Return from Riverside]

"How can you fix this? These are like... burns." A shudder goes down Sakura's spine. She turns to see Cern. Oh... "Sweetie, give me that and go play with your brothers and sisters, alright?"

Cern hardly seems to hear his mom. "Your hurt, daddy." The little boy's voice trembles. He stands frozen there in the door.

15. - Top - End - #435

[Return from Riverside]

Adir will focus on Cern for the moment. He couldn't turn away if he tried. The look on the poor kid's face will probably be fixed indelibly in Adir's brain until the end of his days.

"Yea, buddy," he nearly whispers. He lowers his hands onto his desk. "I got like this trying to keep your Aunt Cessie and her friend Jezebel safe. Sometimes... your old man gets sloppy around the bad guys, and then this happens. Or sometimes I have to get hurt so other people don't."

Adir tries to smile for him. "It's just pain, kid. Stronger than pain, remember?" He gives the little boy an expectant nod. "Now do what your mom says and wait for me. I'll come see you guys in a few minutes and we can talk. Okay?"

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

16. - Top - End - #436
    Titan in the Playground

[Sword Training]

"Different feet and legs are a challenge," Wenomir says, smiling with pride. Koshal's praise means more to him than he lets on. "I also have a student who's a half-dragon, like you are, but her feet are more dragon-like than yours. But I wouldn't be a teacher if I couldn't figure it out. And since you've been practising hard, I think I can show you a few new things. You can see me and Koshal fight too, if you want."
    Last edited by Morty; 2019-01-31 at 06:17 AM.

17. - Top - End - #437
    Ogre in the Playground

Cessie's Lab

"Energy output." Jezebel says, frowning as she looks at her hands for a moment. "How complex can I make something with this, and for how long? This Lab is sealed so I cannot call forth my blade to work on, nor can I connect to my Warp to draw materials from there. I am not even certain if such would be a good idea since exposure to the Warp in this state would likely be...confusing and potentially catastrophic." She explains before taking a seat and patting her thigh to try and beckon Cessie to be her muse. "I should make armor for myself, but I am not sure I would wish to be so simple-minded in use this."

18. - Top - End - #438
    Ogre in the Playground

[Return from Riverside]

Adir will focus on Cern for the moment. He couldn't turn away if he tried. The look on the poor kid's face will probably be fixed indelibly in Adir's brain until the end of his days.

"Yea, buddy," he nearly whispers. He lowers his hands onto his desk. "I got like this trying to keep your Aunt Cessie and her friend Jezebel safe. Sometimes... your old man gets sloppy around the bad guys, and then this happens. Or sometimes I have to get hurt so other people don't."

Adir tries to smile for him. "It's just pain, kid. Stronger than pain, remember?" He gives the little boy an expectant nod. "Now do what your mom says and wait for me. I'll come see you guys in a few minutes and we can talk. Okay?"
    [Return from Riverside]

Cern nods slowly. "O-okay, daddy." He doesn't look any less shocked and scared, but it'll have to do for now. Sakura goes over to him, taking the first aide kit and murmuring some comforting words before she sends him on his way. Adir will also hear Sakura intercept Laela outside the door. The girl whines a bit, but Sakura sends her off as well.

The dryad comes back inside, holding the first aide kit and the bowl of warm water. She sets both down on the desk and just looks at Adir again. "I don't think anything we have will help with this..." Cuts, scrapes, bruises. She can tackle those. Not this.

19. - Top - End - #439
    Ogre in the Playground

Sword Training

Koshal slowly starts to speed up his movements, going into the harder set of drills. He stays quiet this time though to let Wenomir talk.

20. - Top - End - #440

Cessie's Lab

Now Cessie speaks up first. "The last person who was subjected to the aether did end up creating a child from a seed. I struggle to think of much more complex things than that. Though we likely have to leave the laboratory first, yeah." She eyes Jezzy's lap but decides to not take a seat, rather she moves up to the door and unlocks it. "The kids aren't home so now would be an excellent time."

Ambrosia looks between them and then nods to Jezebel as she gestures at the door. "After you then, lady Tel'vree."

21. - Top - End - #441
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sword Training]

Koshal may be trying to guide her into other exercises, but Wenomir has grabbed and dragged her attention away. "Oh oh oh! Yeah! I wanna see you fight." Her eyes light up and she bounces in place.

22. - Top - End - #442
    Titan in the Playground

[Sword Training]

"Just as soon as we finish your exercise, then," Wenomir says. Once Cora has done all she has to do, he grabs a training sword himself and stands in front of Koshal, sword held in an ox guard. "Let's begin, Koshal. The first to get three hits in wins." He winks. This is going to be a proper training bout, but one with a little more flair to keep Cora's attention.

23. - Top - End - #443

[Return from Riverside]

Cern nods slowly. "O-okay, daddy." He doesn't look any less shocked and scared, but it'll have to do for now. Sakura goes over to him, taking the first aide kit and murmuring some comforting words before she sends him on his way. Adir will also hear Sakura intercept Laela outside the door. The girl whines a bit, but Sakura sends her off as well.

The dryad comes back inside, holding the first aide kit and the bowl of warm water. She sets both down on the desk and just looks at Adir again. "I don't think anything we have will help with this..." Cuts, scrapes, bruises. She can tackle those. Not this.
    [Return from Riverside]

"Like I said. My bag," Adir says with growing urgency. He'll take the aid kit from her if he can and he'll start to cleanse his wounds while she fetches his things from the Green. It hurts. Gods, it burns doubly all over. He tries to hurry things along while Sakura is out of the room, but the pain gives him a tremble. When Sakura returns, Adir is hissing in frustration as he slowly douses one of his thighs in alcohol.

From here, Adir will just ask Sakura to hand him things, mostly. He pops a couple of pills from the depths of his ruck that he doesn't seem eager to explain. He flicks a sour smelling liquid from a wooden flask onto his wounds. He crushes a few things together in a deep mortar until he has a fairly sizeable helping of slick purple paste. "Okay," Adir grunts. "Now this on me, and gauze, and bandages on top."

The stag will get up out of his chair and lean forward onto his desk, propping himself up with his arms, so that Sakura can do his back. His ears stand rigid. He will try, badly, to hide his flinching provided she is still willing to help him. Not like he can do this all himself anyways.

"Sakura?" He begins softly. "Feels like... You might not be saying something. If you need to, go ah-- ow. Go ahead."
    Last edited by Murkus; 2019-02-05 at 09:40 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

24. - Top - End - #444
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sword Training]

Koshal assumes a stance with his sword held low. He waits a few seconds before throwing a quick and simple thrust, not with enough force to overextend himself, merely testing his opponent before he drags on the start of the fight too long for their audience. Koshal normally doesn’t like throwing the first blow.

25. - Top - End - #445
    Ogre in the Playground

Cessie's Lab

"I imagine I know who did that."
    Jezebel reasons before hesitating at the border of the lab. She looks worried for a moment, wondering how she'd react to her connection to The Warp being reignited in such a state, but after taking a deep breath she just squares her shoulders and steps through the entrance. She staggers for a moment, a crackle igniting through her crown of horns, but whens he straightens up it is all under control and the pink-purple energy dies back down. "At least it seems that entities on the other side of reality do not care for me in this state."

"Cessie? If you have old dresses or clothes, mostly silks, satins, and leather, I imagine I should be able to make something as long as I have access to metal and ceramic clay as well. I may have acted in the role of a Goddess for the Gardens before, but I do not savor the thought of creating life with my own hands at the moment. At the very least some armor is called for considering what happened to my last set."
    She admits.

26. - Top - End - #446

Cessie's Lab

Both Cessie and Ambrosia are giving Jezebel looks when the "crown" suddenly crackles with energy. The tome hurrying to make note of it.
    The former daemon sure had a tendency to spring surprises on them.

The two researchers exchange glances when Jezebel makes her request, Ambrosia nodding. "I... should have some of that yes. Just stay here while I get it. Shouldn't take too long." Cessie smiles at Jezebel and then gets to her dressing chamber to get clothes. "Be right back."

As they hear the sorceress steps grow silent, Ambrosia meets the other woman's gaze. "Lady Tel'vree, I have a question if you don't mind. Just what is your relationship with lady Mithar? You are from quite different worlds I imagine."

27. - Top - End - #447
    Ogre in the Playground

Cessie's Lab

An intrigued expression comes to Jezebel's face when she's asked the question. "Curious that I am finally asked such at a time when the filter between my brain and mouth is nearly nonexistent. Nearly." She says before looking back the way Cessie left. "We're not from all that different of worlds, just different universes. It seems we were taught many of the same lessons about nobility and life, but we took them to mean different things. I grew up in a universe of death and war, metal and corruption. In many ways I can't help but envy her upbringing, as difficult as much of it may have been." She admits with a sigh before looking back at Ambrosia. Of course, that was probably exactly what Ambrosia had meant and Jezebel knew it. It was biding time for her to keep a hold on her tongue in regards to the other question.

"Why does my relationship with her matter? I get the sense that this isn't just curiosity."
    She asks, reaching over with her free hand to run a finger over the shackle on her other wrist.

28. - Top - End - #448

Cessie's Lab

"I simply wanted to be tactful towards miss Mithar." Ambrosia replies with a small nod. Her expression still completely neutral. "As aether research is highly subjective and the results influenced by emotions, your relationship will undoubtedly influence what the results will be. I mean, you did gesture at your lap while looking at her. That usually suggests a close relationship, and the closer the relationship the more it will influence your actions and how the aether behaves in relation to you and her. So getting more details on your relationship would be extremely helpful in this context as it would make all this much easier to understand. Anything you tell me will of course be completely confidential."

29. - Top - End - #449
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Sword Training]

"Just as soon as we finish your exercise, then," Wenomir says. Once Cora has done all she has to do, he grabs a training sword himself and stands in front of Koshal, sword held in an ox guard. "Let's begin, Koshal. The first to get three hits in wins." He winks. This is going to be a proper training bout, but one with a little more flair to keep Cora's attention.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathkeeper View Post
    [Sword Training]

Koshal assumes a stance with his sword held low. He waits a few seconds before throwing a quick and simple thrust, not with enough force to overextend himself, merely testing his opponent before he drags on the start of the fight too long for their audience. Koshal normally doesn’t like throwing the first blow.
    [Sword Training]

The two of them clearly underestimate Cora's utter obsession. Her attention doesn't waver for a moment. She bounces on the balls of her feet, eager for the spar to begin in earnest.

[Return from Riverside]

"Like I said. My bag," Adir says with growing urgency. He'll take the aid kit from her if he can and he'll start to cleanse his wounds while she fetches his things from the Green. It hurts. Gods, it burns doubly all over. He tries to hurry things along while Sakura is out of the room, but the pain gives him a tremble. When Sakura returns, Adir is hissing in frustration as he slowly douses one of his thighs in alcohol.

From here, Adir will just ask Sakura to hand him things, mostly. He pops a couple of pills from the depths of his ruck that he doesn't seem eager to explain. He flicks a sour smelling liquid from a wooden flask onto his wounds. He crushes a few things together in a deep mortar until he has a fairly sizeable helping of slick purple paste. "Okay," Adir grunts. "Now this on me, and gauze, and bandages on top."

The stag will get up out of his chair and lean forward onto his desk, propping himself up with his arms, so that Sakura can do his back. His ears stand rigid. He will try, badly, to hide his flinching provided she is still willing to help him. Not like he can do this all himself anyways.

"Sakura?" He begins softly. "Feels like... You might not be saying something. If you need to, go ah-- ow. Go ahead."
    [Return from Riverside]

Sakura does as he asks, her mouth a thin line and eyes full of worry throughout. He can feel her hands tremble as she works. When he poses his question, an agonized look crosses her face. "Why did this have to happen to you?" Her voice cracks a bit.

30. - Top - End - #450
    Titan in the Playground

[Sword Training]

Wenomir parries Koshal's first thrust and goes on the offensive, keeping the young minotaur on his toes. He wants Koshal to use the advanced training he's been giving him. Cora will see Wenomir unleash a dizzying series of thrusts, cuts and strikes, seeming to almost make two strikes for every attack from Koshal.