New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Modern/Naruto D20, rolling above purchase DC

Naruto D20 is based on the main system Modern d20. ive tried looking in both for an answer and could not find what i was looking for and questioning if it was ever there in the first place.

ok so im a player trying to help my gm as i and him do remember something about if you roll like 5 or 10 higher then the purchase dc something good happens. me and him cant remember what it is. i believe its like you get the item for free or an additional copy or takes less time to get said item. i just don't know which one it is and if its 5 or 10.
    mother always said "STAND BEHIND BRAUM" walks... BOOM!!! "ally has been slain" uooh thats gotta sting.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Modern/Naruto D20, rolling above purchase DC

Quote Originally Posted by lord4571 View Post
    Naruto D20 is based on the main system Modern d20. ive tried looking in both for an answer and could not find what i was looking for and questioning if it was ever there in the first place.

ok so im a player trying to help my gm as i and him do remember something about if you roll like 5 or 10 higher then the purchase dc something good happens. me and him cant remember what it is. i believe its like you get the item for free or an additional copy or takes less time to get said item. i just don't know which one it is and if its 5 or 10.
    I don't see anything about passing the wealth check by a set amount. I know that if the wealth DC is lower than your wealth bonus, thats when you get the item for free.
    World of Madius wiki - My personal campaign setting, including my homebrew Optional Gestalt/LA rules.
    The new Quick Vestige List

Quote Originally Posted by Kazyan View Post
    Playing a wizard the way GitP says wizards should be played requires the equivalent time and effort investment of a university minor. Do you really want to go down this rabbit hole, or are you comfortable with just throwing a souped-up Orb of Fire at the thing?
    Quote Originally Posted by atemu1234 View Post
    Humans are rarely truly irrational, just wrong.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Modern/Naruto D20, rolling above purchase DC

There is no rule for gaining a benefit for rolling higher than the DC. In fact if, you have to roll at all, you lose from 1-2d6 worth of your wealth bonus. Also, any item that has a Wealth DC of 15+, you will lose an additional 1.

Example, you want something that's DC 30 and you have a Wealth check of 25. Take 20 and you're at 40, 10 over, but you're gonna lose 2 since it's 1-10 higher and over 15.

In Nd20, equipment can be important, so remember to get everything below 15 for free first (safe not necessary), and then keep getting things that will decrease you by 1 until you get something important that requires you to Take 20 or 10. It's finnicky, but pay attention to what you might be losing.