New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282944 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Dark Shadow's Surprisingly Well-Lit Random Banter #217

Quote Originally Posted by Inigo Montoya View Post
    Dental Hygienist here. Technically, it is possible to transplant teeth (more commonly, we are putting knocked out teeth back in your mouth). There are a few reasons not to do this. The first is cosmetic. Your teeth look good in your own mouth. It's gonna be pretty uncanny valley to see someone else's smile. Second reason is the fact that honestly? A lot of teeth recovered in that way tend to have issues further down the road. Root canals and such. The final reason is that honestly, most people's teeth aren't healthy enough to transplant. There's always some decay or something going on.
    I love that the internet is vast enough that this was the first response to the question at hand.

2. - Top - End - #542
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    I love that the internet is vast enough that this was the first response to the question at hand.
    There might have been some prompting of the form of "hey, you should look at this!"
    Hail to the Lord of Death and Destruction!
    CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! YARN FOR THE YARN THRONE! MILK FOR THE MILK BOWL!

3. - Top - End - #543

Quote Originally Posted by WarKitty View Post
    There might have been some prompting of the form of "hey, you should look at this!"
    I feel like that doesn't diminish my point.

4. - Top - End - #544
    Ettin in the Playground

I feel like that doesn't diminish my point.
    Probably true.

Also:
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #545
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Any post can be improved via cats?
    The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep.~ That's your horoscope for today.

6. - Top - End - #546
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Is that the one with cancer?

It's cute either way. /
    Last edited by enderlord99; 2017-12-11 at 11:21 AM.
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

7. - Top - End - #547
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
    Is that the one with cancer?

It's cute either way. /
    No, that's just a random cat of the internet.

8. - Top - End - #548
    Ettin in the Playground

Could people please check out my Wordpress? I currently have an audience of one, and I really want an audience of multiple.
    Show
    Wow.

I salute you.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

9. - Top - End - #549
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Could people please check out my Wordpress? I currently have an audience of one, and I really want an audience of multiple.
    I check out your story and it's wonderful.

10. - Top - End - #550
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    I check out your story and it's wonderful.
    Thank you!
    Show
    Wow.

I salute you.

11. - Top - End - #551
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Thank you!
    You're welcome. I wish I could write a story that good.

12. - Top - End - #552
    Bugbear in the Playground

No, that's just a random cat of the internet.
    It's me when I'm waking up.
    Spoiler: Pixel avatar and Raincloud Durkoala were made by me. The others are the work of Cuthalion.
    Show

Cuteness and Magic and Phone Moogles, oh my! Let's Watch Card Captor Sakura!Sadly on a small hiatus.

Durkoala reads a book! It's about VR and the nineties!

13. - Top - End - #553
    Troll in the Playground

Honestly, just from an objective perspective, you've given nothing to work with here. If you want people to check out anything, you should at least maybe give an idea of what it's about, rather than just tossing a random link in. I know that I rarely end up ever clicking on links, or random videos in chats, or anything like that, unless I know that it's something that might interest me.

Just food for thought.
    The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep.~ That's your horoscope for today.

14. - Top - End - #554
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shadow View Post
    Honestly, just from an objective perspective, you've given nothing to work with here. If you want people to check out anything, you should at least maybe give an idea of what it's about, rather than just tossing a random link in. I know that I rarely end up ever clicking on links, or random videos in chats, or anything like that, unless I know that it's something that might interest me.

Just food for thought.
    It's a convoluted story (currently 21 main pages plus 3 side ones) that will eventually become much moreso, set in an original setting. It is inspired loosely by various sources, including (but not limited to)
    • Dragon ball Z and/or Steven Universe (in the sense that it will have fusion, and lots of it, though only two current characters are fusions and neither has had their status as such officially revealed yet)
    • Homestuck (one of the heaviest inspirations, though it's still an entirely separate mythos/canon)
    • Lovecraft (though only with one character)
    • Various world mythologies (it should be okay by board rules, since it's only loose inspiration and not actually discussion of those inspirations)
    • Noir-detective and (a bit of) Pulp-adventure stories (when a certain character gets involved; you'll know him when you see him...)
    • The Green Lantern mythos, specifically the Alpha Lanterns (only one character was inspired by them, and only indirectly; it still counts.)

Most (but not all) of the pages are formatted like corporate memos, but that isn't necessarily the way things are being said in-universe; rather, I just felt like using the format, except when a certain set of characters get involved; you'll know them when you see them... The resemblance between those last two clauses and a sentence from one of the in-list parentheticals was deliberate.
    Show
    Wow.

I salute you.

15. - Top - End - #555

EDIT: Misread what you wrote oops REady Player 1 is still bad by the way.

Good luck Enderlord!
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2017-12-11 at 03:41 PM.

16. - Top - End - #556
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

I can't wait for Christmas. I asked my older brother to give me boots this Christmas. All the other stuff (Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga + Bowser Minions 3DS and Nintendo Switch) I wanted is the least priority I put it in my list.

17. - Top - End - #557
    Ettin in the Playground

Good luck Enderlord!
    Thanks!

What do you think of what I've made so far? I'm especially proud of pages 7 and 21; The former because of how perfectly I considered myself to portray the characters (even if it is kinda gross) and the latter because I managed to [spoiler redacted] in regards to the formatting.
    Show
    Wow.

I salute you.

18. - Top - End - #558

Thanks!

What do you think of what I've made so far? I'm especially proud of pages 7 and 21; The former because of how perfectly I considered myself to portray the characters (even if it is kinda gross) and the latter because I managed to [spoiler redacted] in regards to the formatting.
    I have no ability to read right now due to being busy with like 3 different things going on at once. I will look at it later when I have time though.

still need to finish editing my own book...it's so close to completion!

19. - Top - End - #559
    Ettin in the Playground

I have no ability to read right now due to being busy with like 3 different things going on at once. I will look at it later when I have time though.

still need to finish editing my own book...it's so close to completion!
    Oh, okay. I saw that my site was viewed by exactly one Canadian today, so I assumed...
    Show
    Wow.

I salute you.

20. - Top - End - #560
    Troll in the Playground

Yes, Zodi is the only Canadian that frequents this here forum.

21. - Top - End - #561

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shadow View Post
    Yes, Zodi is the only Canadian that frequents this here forum.
    Technically we're all fourth dimensional beings connected via interlocking tubes so truly, there is only one single Canadian.

22. - Top - End - #562
    Titan in the Playground

Technically we're all fourth dimensional beings connected via interlocking tubes so truly, there is only one single Canadian.
    Funnily, I was about to make a similar joke in thaf, you aren't the only Canadian that frequents here, you're just the only Canadian at all.

23. - Top - End - #563

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Muse View Post
    Funnily, I was about to make a similar joke in thaf, you aren't the only Canadian that frequents here, you're just the only Canadian at all.
    Great minds think alike, I'd say.

24. - Top - End - #564

Great minds think alike, I'd say.
    Is that because all great minds are part of the Canadian Overmind?

25. - Top - End - #565
    Titan in the Playground

One question, though: Is the flock of budgie agents also a part of the Canadian Overmind, or is the Budgie Overmind a separate entity?

ION:
    I'm going on a business trip to South Africa in January, so I had to get a shot today, or rather, two shots, as I didn't dare risking a layover in a country with the Yellow Fever (which would have blocked me from entry if I weren't vaccinated). Given my previous history with vaccinations, I anticipated a lot of anguish, as I'm a trypanophobic and all shots in the past have involved a lot of crying and fighting back. Even the anticipation led to most of yesterday being somewhat ruined, as I couldn't focus on getting my work done due to constantly having to suppress my thoughts.

Either my phobia has abated a bit in the past years (presence to friends with diabetus might have helped), or I was able to motivate myself better this time, as I managed to relax through both shots and didn't get the urge to fight back at all. Still left me a bit low on blood pressure, but that's transient. Also, my arms are a bit sore...

I still have to go back and get a third shot in January, but that's a future problem, and if today was any indication, it shouldn't be too large of one.

IOON:
    It's snowing! Outside the train window, the landscape shroud itself in the soft coat of winter. The distant trees trace their outlines white, fading into the silence of the world. Little flakes migrate across the sky, one moment striving downwards with determination, the next they dance with carefree abandon. Beyond his cold authority, Father Winter is just and forgiving. Even the brutal concrete may live out its inner beauty, if for but a short time, and with great labour and much ado.
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

26. - Top - End - #566

It's a convoluted story (currently 21 main pages plus 3 side ones) that will eventually become much moreso, set in an original setting. It is inspired loosely by various sources, including (but not limited to)
    • Dragon ball Z and/or Steven Universe (in the sense that it will have fusion, and lots of it, though only two current characters are fusions and neither has had their status as such officially revealed yet)
    • Homestuck (one of the heaviest inspirations, though it's still an entirely separate mythos/canon)
    • Lovecraft (though only with one character)
    • Various world mythologies (it should be okay by board rules, since it's only loose inspiration and not actually discussion of those inspirations)
    • Noir-detective and (a bit of) Pulp-adventure stories (when a certain character gets involved; you'll know him when you see him...)
    • The Green Lantern mythos, specifically the Alpha Lanterns (only one character was inspired by them, and only indirectly; it still counts.)

Most (but not all) of the pages are formatted like corporate memos, but that isn't necessarily the way things are being said in-universe; rather, I just felt like using the format, except when a certain set of characters get involved; you'll know them when you see them... The resemblance between those last two clauses and a sentence from one of the in-list parentheticals was deliberate.
    What's the story about though? A list of inspirations doesn't tell me who the main characters are, what they're doing or trying to do, or even much about the setting or background.

The corporate memo format sounds interesting, though.
    Spoiler: Pixel avatar and Raincloud Durkoala were made by me. The others are the work of Cuthalion.
    Show

Cuteness and Magic and Phone Moogles, oh my! Let's Watch Card Captor Sakura!Sadly on a small hiatus.

Durkoala reads a book! It's about VR and the nineties!

27. - Top - End - #567
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Durkoala View Post
    What's the story about though? A list of inspirations doesn't tell me who the main characters are, what they're doing or trying to do, or even much about the setting or background.
    I... don't know how to answer that (even though I probably should) except to say that it's mostly an exploration of it's own setting and background. It's kind of all-over-the-place, and deliberately so.
    The corporate memo format sounds interesting, though.
    Thanks!

ION: If Kirby were somehow made into a Kirby final boss, the result would basically be Majin Buu.
    Last edited by enderlord99; 2017-12-12 at 12:26 PM.
    Show
    Wow.

I salute you.

28. - Top - End - #568
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    On the good side of things, my man and I bought a house at the end of summer in the quiet, peaceful suburbs. The yard has several decades-old Concord grape vines, from which we harvested enough ripe grapes to make 1.5 gallons of wine that is currently aging in the basement (we expect a bigger harvest next year, and hope to propagate more vines as well). With so much extra space I have also taken up making beer and mead. I used to make beer the easy way with malt extract, years ago before I sold my last house, but I'm doing it from grain now. I've turned out some pretty nice stuff so far. Mead is even more interesting, but good honey is buzzing expensive.
    Ooh, nice! I've been dabbling here and there in (drinking) wine, as the mood strikes me (and also with whiskey), but I've never considered making any. What's that process like?
    It's actually been a while since I've had mead. I might get myself a bottle for Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    Hello my fellow! What do you say for yourself these days?

The nature of the last two years' mess, I prefer to keep private. It hasn't all been bad. Mostly working and having fun as my dad used to say. Almost left my job to go to school for carpentry, until my man decided not to move away for work as he was sort of planning. We have a house now so I can muck around with that stuff in the basement and the garage.
    I've gotten into the habit of not saying very much, unfortunately. I'm very nearly finished with school - after about mid-May I'll be running around with a bachelor's degree (after which I'll be moving again (which will be the ninth time in five years - and seventh in the past three) and going off to work). I'm still writing music, and while I haven't had the time to put together a band myself (or what time I do have has been spent elsewhere >.>) some friends of mine back home have a record out as of a few weeks ago.

Ah, well, these things happen - I won't pry. Carpentry, eh? What sorts of things are you building? (Chairs? Tables? Decks? Tree houses?). Do you do any other kinds of woodworking?

I'm jealous of the garage and basement workspace - I've got a dining room table to work on, but my roommates and I frustratingly use it to eat and to work, so it's not a particularly safe place to solder and build prototypes. (Also, our little townhouse shares walls on both sides, so there's only so much noise I can really make without aggravating the neighbors - and I can confirm that testing electronic instruments and the circuits that drive them can often be quite loud. Practically a cacophony. ).

I've long suspected, but it's nice to hear some confirmation.
    A few odds and ends.

29. - Top - End - #569
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Muse View Post
    ...the funny part is, I was considering saying something along those lines, too. But decided against it at the last minute.

You'd think it would be easier to visit people, then...

30. - Top - End - #570
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Starting Thursday, I'm going to have a new therapist because my old therapist left.