New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Puzzle and Dragons in the Playground XVIII - The meta changes, but waifus are for

Thought I'd just walk away from PAD, but here I am singing the same old song... Though I just hoard stones now.

Was thinking, what if I had to start over and no aizen? Well, either amenominakanushi (more likely) or Yog-Sothoth (less likely)
    Sample team build for storage later and just fun
    Yog-Sothoth (Lead)
    Yog-Sothoth
    Yog-Sothoth
    Yog-Sothoth
    A light monster with 3 skill boosts (inherit a 5x atk booster)
    Yog-Sothoth (Ally Lead)

Or

Amenominakanushi (Lead)
    1x Loki inverse basically (atk booster)
    2x dark to light orb changers
    1x Zuoh inverse basically (2 color + light orbs board change)
    Amenominakanushi (Ally Lead)

Fortunately, if I have to switch phones I'll just issue a device code change first just in case (because I don't know if transferring the data guarantees it, probably doesn't)

Compared to Aizen, amenominakanushi has less stats and less awakenings (though it's pretty close imo). Yog would also sweep a lot of content with little effort, but you have to keep a good handle on your HP (more than aizen which is none at all).
    There is no emotion more useless in life than hate.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Puzzle and Dragons in the Playground XVIII - The meta changes, but waifus are for

Monster Hunter Collab is back so another chance to get an extra male and female hunter to evo.

Like before, the male hunter is a freebie in the mail but the female hunter is a prize from beating the teams of 4 or less stage. Not sure what the other MH collab has as its ultimate prize.
    Professional assassination is the highest form of public service. -- Chiun
    My PadHerder: https://www.padherder.com/user/NukedDuck/
    FFRK FC: qZaG

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ettin in the Playground

Hey man! Yeah, this time around I pulled a Nergigante and two ... creepy puffball bat things, one of which is now a weapon. Nergigante is now on my Anubis team; I dig having a FUA, and he even gives up a Heart column to make it easy.

I've been playing on and off in waves. Right now I'm 'on' - I finished up the January quest dungeons, and I'm looking forward to running Rikuu.

I'm super disappointed I can't run the PreDra dungeon in co-op though.
    PAD - 357,549,260

4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by obryn View Post
    Hey man! Yeah, this time around I pulled a Nergigante and two ... creepy puffball bat things, one of which is now a weapon. Nergigante is now on my Anubis team; I dig having a FUA, and he even gives up a Heart column to make it easy.

I've been playing on and off in waves. Right now I'm 'on' - I finished up the January quest dungeons, and I'm looking forward to running Rikuu.

I'm super disappointed I can't run the PreDra dungeon in co-op though.
    My only good pull has been Kirin, but Nergigante seems really strong. I've still been quietly running everything except for alt ultimate arena, which I tried a few times, but feels totally unbeatable without a perfect team. Like when original Arena first came out before they released any of the reincarnations or power creep MP dragons.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    My only good pull has been Kirin, but Nergigante seems really strong. I've still been quietly running everything except for alt ultimate arena, which I tried a few times, but feels totally unbeatable without a perfect team. Like when original Arena first came out before they released any of the reincarnations or power creep MP dragons.
    I haven't even touched alt arena. I'm non-IAP nowadays, and I don't have enough cards in the new meta, I think.

I'm fortunate Anublos (and my new favorite Julie/Diablos) are all do-able with less than meta-ideal subs.
    PAD - 357,549,260

6. - Top - End - #96
    Titan in the Playground

I haven't even touched alt arena. I'm non-IAP nowadays, and I don't have enough cards in the new meta, I think.

I'm fortunate Anublos (and my new favorite Julie/Diablos) are all do-able with less than meta-ideal subs.
    Honestly, I'm not even sure that IAP matters that much. Yog, Anubis/Diablos, etc. by and large just clear everything with any subs, and it's just for very specific dungeons or bosses that you need some specific thing (e.g., Fujin active, or the pixel characters for bursting Azathoth and killing things with damage nullify abilities). Alt ultimate arena is the only thing I haven't managed to clear with my Yog team (which is Yog, Perceiving orange Saria, Tachibana Ginchiyo, Awoken Wukong, and Momiji), although I'm also having a bit of trouble on the current one-shot challenge because of the damage nullify on the boss at the end and I don't own Pixel Cloud. But, still, the top leads have not really shifted in any meaningful way in a while, nor in JP, and you can clear nearly everything with them.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ettin in the Playground

Honestly, I'm not even sure that IAP matters that much. Yog, Anubis/Diablos, etc. by and large just clear everything with any subs, and it's just for very specific dungeons or bosses that you need some specific thing (e.g., Fujin active, or the pixel characters for bursting Azathoth and killing things with damage nullify abilities). Alt ultimate arena is the only thing I haven't managed to clear with my Yog team (which is Yog, Perceiving orange Saria, Tachibana Ginchiyo, Awoken Wukong, and Momiji), although I'm also having a bit of trouble on the current one-shot challenge because of the damage nullify on the boss at the end and I don't own Pixel Cloud. But, still, the top leads have not really shifted in any meaningful way in a while, nor in JP, and you can clear nearly everything with them.
    Yeah, it's the utility subs and their awakenings that I think I'm a bit behind the curve on.

I also have a few Lii, and I guess I should look into them at some point, but .... eeehhhhh.....
    PAD - 357,549,260

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ettin in the Playground

So wow, that latent challenge or whatever it's called is kind of trivialized by poison resist latents, eh?
    PAD - 357,549,260

9. - Top - End - #99
    Titan in the Playground

So wow, that latent challenge or whatever it's called is kind of trivialized by poison resist latents, eh?
    The awoken killer challenge? As long as you have a board change, it seemed just easy.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

10. - Top - End - #100
    Titan in the Playground

Are any of the 4 Noble ones especially worth it, or shall I keep buying Shamedragons?

I have Nepdra and Odindra already, and bought DAthena ages ago.

Still no Dark Kalis for Mega Ultra Chicken.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2018-02-01 at 11:38 AM.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Muse View Post
    Are any of the 4 Noble ones especially worth it, or shall I keep buying Shamedragons?

I have Nepdra and Odindra already, and bought DAthena ages ago.

Still no Dark Kalis for Mega Ultra Chicken.
    Consider getting Red Myr, actually, if you're saving up for stuff. She's a step up from most of the shamedragon and 4 noble one leads at the moment.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground

Guess who's back?
    Guess whose wife just pulled a YOG-SOTHOTH?
    Spoiler: You were expecting Dio, but it was
    Show
    ME,
    JURAI!
    Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    It's like Amazon.com around here; free 2-day shipping on all orders no matter how trivial.
    Quote Originally Posted by u/s_SoNick
    Dr Mog: Hey, spiffy new threads you got there Tyro.

Tyro: Pie jesu domine smacks book against forehead Dona eis requiem

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jurai View Post
    Guess who's back?
    Guess whose wife just pulled a YOG-SOTHOTH?
    Spoiler: You were expecting Dio, but it was
    Show
    ME,
    JURAI!
    Nice, dude.

I still don't have one of him :( But I did pull my first Raphael, finally!
    PAD - 357,549,260

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ettin in the Playground

So far so good on the super awakenings.

I got the Physical Killer on OdinDra, which was exactly what I wanted.

Another prong on ShivaDra, which is exactly what I wanted.

And the L-awakening for the NY Yomi I just pulled the other day, which is perfect because it meshes with her leader skill.

Woot.
    PAD - 357,549,260

15. - Top - End - #105
    Titan in the Playground

So far so good on the super awakenings.

I got the Physical Killer on OdinDra, which was exactly what I wanted.

Another prong on ShivaDra, which is exactly what I wanted.

And the L-awakening for the NY Yomi I just pulled the other day, which is perfect because it meshes with her leader skill.

Woot.
    I'm so out of PAD right now. What are you even talking about?
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm so out of PAD right now. What are you even talking about?
    Well, log in at least. Free super snow globe (on some monsters, lets you limit break and exceed Level 99) and a freebie +297

The 'super awakenings' are another whale thing, basically. You have a fully awoken, limit broken monster, and feed it an extra +297 (of any stat or combination of stats). It gets one of 3 potential Super-Awakenings, randomly determined from a specific list for each monster. (Don't like the one it picked? Feed it another +297, lol)

There are a few weird awakenings in the mix, too - the L-shaped one I mentioned is a 5-orb L in a corner, of the monster's color. Gives +1.5x ATK and unlocks all orbs. There's others, too, like buffing when above or below hit point thresholds, etc.
    PAD - 357,549,260

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ettin in the Playground

Oh also the +egg carnival is back in the PAL machine.

I'm gonna run out of coins. I've been hoarding all the PAL points I could for 6 months.
    PAD - 357,549,260

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ettin in the Playground

I just hope they add more monsters to the Super Awakenings list. The only ones I have that are on the list aren't particularly worthwhile to get a super awakening on(pretty sure I saw Voice and Verche on there). Would love to see my Vishnu added as I use my Vishnu team for just about everything. He's even level 110 at this point :).

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ettin in the Playground

I haven't been playing much lately, log in and get the free stuff but that's about it. What I've found is that content really only comes in two types, something I can beat without even trying with a number of teams and then there are most of the newest dungeons where I can't even come close to beating. I'm not even sure how to get to the point of being able to beat them, I think I have some decent teams but it never seems to be enough.
    I pulled Yog-Sothoth too, maxed him out, and think I have a decent team but I can't beat anything with it, well nothing I couldn't already easily beat with other teams. Tried it on harder stuff and I usually don't even get as far as other teams.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ettin in the Playground

So, after going through all of my saved up emails(which wasn't nearly as many as I could have had, if I had been actively playing the last 9 months, missed out on a lot of pal point rewards), I ended up with 26 +297's, and a +165, lol. Not bad for just pulling on a machine over and over again.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Starwulf View Post
    So, after going through all of my saved up emails(which wasn't nearly as many as I could have had, if I had been actively playing the last 9 months, missed out on a lot of pal point rewards), I ended up with 26 +297's, and a +165, lol. Not bad for just pulling on a machine over and over again.
    Whoa! Awesome!

I lost count on mine, but I fed a bunch for super awakenings including a miserable 3 or 4 to get Apollo the Box awakening.
    PAD - 357,549,260

22. - Top - End - #112
    Dwarf in the Playground

New Collab started today - Full Metal Alchemist!

Now I'm wishing I kept a few stones for more pulls but oh well. My freebie pull was Maes Hughes.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Titan in the Playground

Pull Ling Yao from the free pull, and Fuhrer Bradley from one of my own; he seems interesting.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ettin in the Playground

So did they get rid of coin dungeons when I wasn't looking or just move them to a place I can't find?

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Erloas View Post
    So did they get rid of coin dungeons when I wasn't looking or just move them to a place I can't find?
    It's under Shop.

Anyone get Ed or Al from the collab?
    PAD - 357,549,260

26. - Top - End - #116
    Troll in the Playground

Did they put Yog on the MP store as is or is it some other version of yog (the picture in the first link below looks like unevolved yog)? Because I'm not spending 1M mp on yog. He's good, but not that good. Not good enough for me to forsake some of my 460 magic stones to reach 1m MP from 780k.

Also, quality of life improvements:
    >A storage bank system for +'s
    >Stackable evolution materials
    >A monster exchange (mainly interested if it can give me access to the tri mask)

Lastly:
    Yu Yu Hakusho and Persona Collabs. Hopefully something I'll be interested in? Maybe something that could usurp Aizen?
    Last edited by gooddragon1; 2018-03-11 at 05:20 PM.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by gooddragon1 View Post
    Did they put Yog on the MP store as is or is it some other version of yog (the picture in the first link below looks like unevolved yog)? Because I'm not spending 1M mp on yog. He's good, but not that good. Not good enough for me to forsake some of my 460 magic stones to reach 1m MP from 780k.

Also, quality of life improvements:
    >A storage bank system for +'s
    >Stackable evolution materials
    >A monster exchange (mainly interested if it can give me access to the tri mask)

Lastly:
    Yu Yu Hakusho and Persona Collabs. Hopefully something I'll be interested in? Maybe something that could usurp Aizen?
    Hey man!

Yep, it's that Yog. He's really crazy strong, but I'd spend a million on a Fujin active, first. JP only for now.
    PAD - 357,549,260

28. - Top - End - #118
    Dwarf in the Playground

It's under Shop.

Anyone get Ed or Al from the collab?
    Finally got Ed. If I get Al, it'll be icing on the cake. Being a completionist, I kinda wanted all 7 homunculi but maybe this collab will prove popular enough to come back with more stuff. Like the Elric's teacher or even their dad Hohenheim. But there's a difference in the 2 sets of homunculi: Fuhrer Bradley is Pride but in the manga / Brotherhood, he's Wrath with a kid (his "son") being Pride (arguably the most powerful).
    Last edited by Klaatu B. Nikto; 2018-03-12 at 04:32 PM.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Troll in the Playground

Hey man!

Yep, it's that Yog. He's really crazy strong, but I'd spend a million on a Fujin active, first. JP only for now.
    If I could give you my extra Fujin I would. I know he's strong. But someone like me can't use him as effectively (8 light orbs to make a mass attack at full power as opposed to 5). Although I admit that if I lost Aizen I'd use him. Still, if it's the same one then I'll just save my MP and Magic Stones. I want to try and get to 500 magic stones (less than 40 away now) and then maybe 4 digits? With the stackable evo materials update (hopefully coming soon, very hopefully), I won't need to buy box space for a while. Had 1m MP btw, but spent 250k on the dark+fire+heart orb changer for inheriting onto my aizen (I wanted Ryune, but I'll settle for this, optimally I'd get something with water primary that has equip assist (some good stuff?) fire+dark+heart+1 turn charging, but I'll wait).
    Last edited by gooddragon1; 2018-03-12 at 08:22 PM.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by gooddragon1 View Post
    If I could give you my extra Fujin I would. I know he's strong. But someone like me can't use him as effectively (8 light orbs to make a mass attack at full power as opposed to 5). Although I admit that if I lost Aizen I'd use him. Still, if it's the same one then I'll just save my MP and Magic Stones. I want to try and get to 500 magic stones (less than 40 away now) and then maybe 4 digits? With the stackable evo materials update (hopefully coming soon, very hopefully), I won't need to buy box space for a while. Had 1m MP btw, but spent 250k on the dark+fire+heart orb changer for inheriting onto my aizen (I wanted Ryune, but I'll settle for this, optimally I'd get something with water primary that has equip assist (some good stuff?) fire+dark+heart+1 turn charging, but I'll wait).
    You don't need 8 light orbs for Yog. 6 is plenty, especially if you combo the rest of the field. Getting a hundred million damage with him is just not that hard.

Sadly, though, I don't have any pixel light characters or anything thus far that has stumbled onto the super awakening to break damage nullification, so my team clears most everything, but not everything. Also, Alt Ultimate Arena is absurd.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes