New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: The Road Ahead - Left Fork [IC]

Hibr

The shadow rises from the earth amidst the belongings that seem to hold their property, without any sound he retrieves his armour, crystal and gloves, all become insubstantial and black as soon as he places them upon his body. Very slowly he floats towards the large creature with the spear. Stopping a little more than the length of the weapon away from the -- man?

The black shadowy shape seems to slightly fray and unravel as if made or warped in tatters that blow and billow in an invisible breeze or gust. He looks down at the scrawling on the ground.

"What are you he who draws with spear? Quite big and ... St-st-strong you are to be a man. What do they call you yellow eyes?" he spins around in a little corkscrew and sinks halfway into the earth. Tilting his head towards the strange drawings. "Oh! Oh! ♪♫♩Yellow eyes, yellow eyes who they took, twisting funny symbols like in that book!"♬♪ Hibr's hand points to the book laying open on the road with the pendent on it.♬♪ "Can you read the funny words in the red robe's book, oh strong yellow eyes who the pink ones took?"♪♫♩ he tilts his head to the side and sinks further in the ground. "Booooooored..."

2. - Top - End - #32
    Barbarian in the Playground

Vyory

Upon seeing the equipment, Vyory quickly dives down to find his things. While digging Vyory states (almost dismissively), "When I got out, I though I saw movement over in the trees to the west, but it's far enough away that I'm not too worried." Once he finds and equips his equipment he looks at the odd assortment of creatures and asks "Maybe you all know what everything here is, but I don't so could you guys maybe tell me what exactly it is you are or what you did to end up here? I'm Vyory and as you can tell, I'm a white dragon." As he waits for a response from the others he climbs on top of the highest point of the caravan and keeps a watchful eye on the western tree line as he lays stretched out in the sun. As he lays there he thinks to himself "I wonder if these guys did things similar to what I did to end up here"
    Last edited by JonU; 2017-08-11 at 03:08 PM.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Troll in the Playground

Hibr

The shadow looks up at the Dragon as it swoops down and goes through the cart and perches upon one of the former prisons. He also takes notice of Reza. The two white orbs peering out of his face narrow for a moment in concentration as he reaches out to the two of them with his mind. ♬♪"Vyory -- sounds like story? Not too long but white and hoary."♬♪ the body sinks a little more into the ground until just the head is sticking out.

♬♪"There's a town not too far away, a place that we might rest and play -- and feed and eat along our way."♬♪

"Aren't you hungry wagon dragon?"

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Set up a Mindlink with Vyory and Reza (30 minutes).

Spoiler: Statistic Block
    Show

Hibr
    Male Shadow (Incorporeal Evolved Undead) Shadow 6 || Psion (Telepath) 3, Level 3, Init 4, HP 19/19, DR 1/-, Speed Fly: 50'
    AC 23, Touch 20, Flat-footed 19, Fort 1, Ref 5, Will 5, Base Attack Bonus 2, Power Points 8/14
    Force Effects & Deflection Count as Normal Incorporeal Touch Attack (-) +6 (1d4*1.5 Str Damage , 20/x2)
    Only Incorporeal, Magic or Spell like abilities can cause damage and have 50% Chance of Failure Masterwork Studded Leather - Iron Ward Diamond, Least (10/10 Dmg p/Day) (+3 Armour, +4 Dex, +6 Deflect)
    Abilities Str -, Dex 19, Con -, Int 13, Wis 15, Cha 20
    Spoiler: Condition
    Show

• Immune to all Mind-Affecting, Poison, Disease, Sleep, Paralysis & Death Effects
    • Immune to Critical Hits, Precision Damage, Ability Damage/Drain, & Level Drain
    • Immune to any Effect requiring a Fortitude Save & Non-magical forms of attack
    • Only Incorporeal, Magical Attacks, Spells or Similar abilities can cause harm
    • All attacks from non-incorporeal sources have 50% chance of dealing no damage
    • Positive & Negative Energy & Force Effects from corporeal sources act normally
    • Negative Energy Heals, Positive Energy Damages
    • Undetectable by; Blindsense, Blindsight, Hearing, Scent, & Tremorsense
    • Does not Experience; Eating, Sleeping, Breathing, Exhaustion & Fatigue
    • Deflection Bonus to AC equal to Cha Bonus (becomes NA Bonus if made corporeal)
    • Use Cha for Concentration Checks
    • Use Dex in place of Str for attacks against corporeal targets
    • Use Cha in place of Str for attacks against incorporeal targets
    • Use Cha in place of Str if forced to become corporeal
    • Any equipment worn or carried is incorporeal as long as it remains in possession.
    • Magic items possessed by an incorporeal creature work normally
    • Spells cast by an incorporeal creature affect corporeal creatures normally.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

Silhouette Sugartwist

"Eek!" Sil screams again and runs around to the other side of the cage again, fleeing from Raza. She peaks around the corner, and looks at him more carefully. "What in the feywild?" She speaks up. "What's up with you? Aren't you a human? Or are you some kind of elemental?" She quivers in place, still scared.

Spoiler
    Show

Knowledge Religion (1d20+13)[25] on the symbol
    If it's a magic item with a Cleric/Paladin spell used to make it, her examination will identify it with a DC of 10+Cl of the item.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

Reza

He digs through the crates for his possessions. It doesn't take long. Other than a few handy tools and magical trinkets he has little need for belongings. He shakes out a hooded cloak and slips it on. It won't conceal his oddness upon close inspection, but it's better than nothing.

He pauses after hearing the questions. What is he? Good question. At the moment of his death he had begged for life and for revenge, and Something had answered. But the gift he'd been given came with few explanations aside from the whispering voices he could sometimes hear in a flickering flame or a gust of wind...

"I'm Reza. I mean that's my name. Elemental? I'm made out of smoke, so perhaps you could say that." He looks over at Vyory. "What did I do to end up here? I crossed the wrong gangsters. I thought I'd gotten away but... I don't remember being caught. I'd just made it out of town and... nothing. Literally in the middle of a thought everything went dark. Then I woke up in a cage. I guess the Syndicate sold me to... whoever these guys with the cages were." The words come out in a rush at first, but he stops himself. The Syndicate, the Coalition... crooks and cops and vigilantes... those are all human concerns. It suddenly strikes him that it might not be the best idea to let this particular group know that he was once human. Especially after what they'd just been through. And giving them a human name might not have been the smartest. Maybe he should have picked something like "Embermourn," "Eight-sided-breath" or one of the other names he's heard in the whispers. Well, too late now...
    Last edited by Swami Monsoon; 2017-08-11 at 05:35 PM.
    "Do Driderettes buy their legwarmers in bulk?"

6. - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground

Sil frowns. "Can't say I like humans much. Take a few things to eat and they lose their minds. Unacceptable behavior, honestly." She walks up to Vyory and Bibr. "As for you two, are you children? Are your parents nearby? Children shouldn't be left. The world is lonely and dangerous," she says sorrowfully.
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGirl

Quote Originally Posted by TankLaser007 View Post
    Hibr

The shadow looks up at the Dragon as it swoops down and goes through the cart and perches upon one of the former prisons. He also takes notice of Reza. The two white orbs peering out of his face narrow for a moment in concentration as he reaches out to the two of them with his mind. ♬♪"Vyory -- sounds like story? Not too long but white and hoary."♬♪ the body sinks a little more into the ground until just the head is sticking out.

♬♪"There's a town not too far away, a place that we might rest and play -- and feed and eat along our way."♬♪

"Aren't you hungry wagon dragon?"

Show

Set up a Mindlink with Vyory and Reza (30 minutes).

Show

Hibr
    Male Shadow (Incorporeal Evolved Undead) Shadow 6 || Psion (Telepath) 3, Level 3, Init 4, HP 19/19, DR 1/-, Speed Fly: 50'
    AC 23, Touch 20, Flat-footed 19, Fort 1, Ref 5, Will 5, Base Attack Bonus 2, Power Points 8/14
    Force Effects & Deflection Count as Normal Incorporeal Touch Attack (-) +6 (1d4*1.5 Str Damage , 20/x2)
    Only Incorporeal, Magic or Spell like abilities can cause damage and have 50% Chance of Failure Masterwork Studded Leather - Iron Ward Diamond, Least (10/10 Dmg p/Day) (+3 Armour, +4 Dex, +6 Deflect)
    Show

• Immune to all Mind-Affecting, Poison, Disease, Sleep, Paralysis & Death Effects
    • Immune to Critical Hits, Precision Damage, Ability Damage/Drain, & Level Drain
    • Positive & Negative Energy & Force Effects from corporeal sources act normally
    • Deflection Bonus to AC equal to Cha Bonus (becomes NA Bonus if made corporeal)
    • Any equipment worn or carried is incorporeal as long as it remains in possession.

Silhouette Sugartwist

"Eek!" Sil screams again and runs around to the other side of the cage again, fleeing from Raza. She peaks around the corner, and looks at him more carefully. "What in the feywild?" She speaks up. "What's up with you? Aren't you a human? Or are you some kind of elemental?" She quivers in place, still scared.

Spoiler
    Show

Knowledge Religion [roll0] on the symbol
    If it's a magic item with a Cleric/Paladin spell used to make it, her examination will identify it with a DC of 10+Cl of the item.
    The Pendant:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sil would be able to tell it is not from a major religion. Though she isn't able to identify it precisely, for some reason it makes her think of necromancy. That might just be the slight stylistic resemblances to some Vecna related cults though.

Sil would not recognize the alphabet or language used in most of the journal. She would, however, recognize the language used in the notes (which appear to be written in a different hand) as Draconic. Without being able to read the rest of the text their meaning is a bit difficult to discern, though perhaps she could figure it out with more study.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

This time, when Reza feels a mental message he lets it in, realizing it has to be coming from one of the group.

9. - Top - End - #39

Vyory

Vyory looks around a bit confused as he tries to figure out where this voice in his head is emanating from. He finally gives up and looking at the rest of the group says "Whoever is in my head needs to let me know, your voice is creeping me out! Mainly cause I don't know who it is. Secondly pixie, not all humans are like that. I have a good friend who is human and he didn't do anything untoward me. And just because I'm little doesn't make me a child, I'm just as smart as any human. As he continues to look around trying to find the source of the voice he starts to get restless. "Perhaps we should get moving one way or another, it's only a matter of time before one of three things happen. One, whatever made the caravan disappear comes back and tries to make us disappear. Two, they send out guards to find what is taking the caravan. Or three, both things happen at the same time and there is a massive battle royale."

Spoiler
    Show
    If he flies at 4x he could get out and back in 3 turns if the tree line is a quarter mile away which is about 18 seconds.
    Last edited by JonU; 2017-08-12 at 12:00 AM.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

Silhouette Sugartwist

Silhouette picks up and cradles the tiny dragon, patting him on the head. "There there, you don't have to say nice things about the humans anymore. They aren't speaking to your anymore. Look, they are..." she looks around at the bodies, "uh, sleeping. Also, they don't have you in a cage anymore." She looks at the symbol and the journal. "Still, getting to a safer place where I can study that journal might be interesting. We should get moving." She looks over her shoulder at Hibr. "You too, ghost child."

11. - Top - End - #41

Zombie

Ghilbrizeth:

Ghilbrizeth finishes carving the circular rune into the dust of the road, and a strange manifestation arises from the ground. After a brief but seemingly nonsensical exchange with the troll, the image vanishes once again and Ghilbrizeth turns toward the others. "So we move. Where?"

Spoiler: Aym's Manifestation:
    Show
    Aym arises from a coiled heap within the seal. She has two great worms for legs and three heads—one a lion’s, one a female dwarf’s, and one a bull’s. Her powerfully muscled torso strains beneath the finery of an empress, and her fingers glitter with more than a dozen jeweled rings. In one hand she holds a red-hot, star-shaped branding iron, and with the other, she holds shut the lion head’s mouth. Aym speaks through her dwarf head, since both animal heads are incapable of speech. She prefers to keep the lion muzzled because if she doesn’t, it roars and causes the bull’s head to low in terror, making it impossible for her to hear.

That done, Ghilbrizeth begins stacking the remaining supplies on one of the wagons, clearing the debris from under the wheels and stepping into the front of the wagon, testing the traces to see if he can pull it.

Spoiler: OOC:
    Show

Binding check for Aym, DC 15 (1d20+6)[24] to get a good pact. I assumed we can skip over the actual pact-making, since I'm not entire sure what it would consist of beyond the check.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

Reza

"Let's see... only one of us hasn't spoken out loud, so that's likely the one talking in our minds."

He looks over at the shadowy figure. It vaguely resembles him, being made out of some kind of mist, but he instinctively realizes that it is something very different from his kind.

"Hello, uh, sir... would you like to introduce yourself?"
    Last edited by Swami Monsoon; 2017-08-12 at 09:26 AM.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Troll in the Playground

Silhouette Sugartwist

Silhouette picks up and cradles the tiny dragon, patting him on the head. "There there, you don't have to say nice things about the humans anymore. They aren't speaking to your anymore. Look, they are..." she looks around at the bodies, "uh, sleeping. Also, they don't have you in a cage anymore." She looks at the symbol and the journal. "Still, getting to a safer place where I can study that journal might be interesting. We should get moving." She looks over her shoulder at Hibr. "You too, ghost child."
    Hibr laughs and rises out of the ground floting a few inches above the ground. He reaches out to try to establish a mental link with the pixie. Speaking to all the minds he is linked to, "There, there Wagon Dragon you don't have to say nice things about the humans -- but if you know some nice human things maybe we can play!" he looks towards Sil, "You can read that Red Robe's book? The pictures are nice, but its mostly booooooooooooriiiiing!"

Quote Originally Posted by KingFrog View Post
    Ghilbrizeth:

Ghilbrizeth finishes carving the circular rune into the dust of the road, and a strange manifestation arises from the ground. After a brief but seemingly nonsensical exchange with the troll, the image vanishes once again and Ghilbrizeth turns toward the others. "So we move. Where?"

Spoiler: Aym's Manifestation:
    Show
    Aym arises from a coiled heap within the seal. She has two great worms for legs and three heads—one a lion’s, one a female dwarf’s, and one a bull’s. Her powerfully muscled torso strains beneath the finery of an empress, and her fingers glitter with more than a dozen jeweled rings. In one hand she holds a red-hot, star-shaped branding iron, and with the other, she holds shut the lion head’s mouth. Aym speaks through her dwarf head, since both animal heads are incapable of speech. She prefers to keep the lion muzzled because if she doesn’t, it roars and causes the bull’s head to low in terror, making it impossible for her to hear.

That done, Ghilbrizeth begins stacking the remaining supplies on one of the wagons, clearing the debris from under the wheels and stepping into the front of the wagon, testing the traces to see if he can pull it.
    He floats towards the strange creature when it appears then stops when it has vanished. "What was that?! Bring it back!!!" he circles Ghilbrizeth in a rising and sinking pattern as he stacks things in the cart, "What else can you magic up? I'm hungry... so... so... hungry."

Quote Originally Posted by Swami Monsoon View Post
    Reza

"Let's see... only one of us hasn't spoken out loud, so that's likely the one talking in our minds."

He looks over at the shadowy figure. It vaguely resembles him, being made out of some kind of mist, but he instinctively realizes that it is something very different from his kind.

"Hello, uh, sir... would you like to introduce yourself?"
    Hibr stops and floats to Reza. "I would not, my good man!" he says then begins laughing, he then stops and draws very close to Reza his vacant white eyes staring into the elemental's red, "You are a strange looking person. Where are you from? Oh I'm Hibr. the Feaster of Flames, Devourer of Light, The Biting Dark blah blah blah...."

Not waiting for an answer you floats back towards Ghilbrizeth, "Where are you going? Are we going to that town? I bet there is all kinds of fun things we can do there. And snacks. I like snacks."

Show

Set up a Mindlink with Sil (30 minutes).

Show

Hibr
    AC 23, Touch 20, Flat-footed 19, Fort 1, Ref 5, Will 5, Base Attack Bonus 2, Power Points 7/14
    Show

Last edited by TankLaser007; 2017-08-12 at 04:07 PM.

14. - Top - End - #44

Vyory is most certainly not comfortable being snuggled and wiggles his way free of the pixie and as he does so, he states "Say what you want about humans, but this wizard I know would be nice to us if I could figure out how to get us back." In the process of talking he climbs up to roughly 100 feet before he settles into a hover (may need to raise voice a little but no yelling should be needed at this distance). He then asks again, "Do we want to check out the possible movement to the West in the treeline, head to the village ahead, or go some other direction? It's only a matter of time before something comes to investigate. If we have our things it's probably best to move out posthaste. Oh, and I don't think he would want to play your games Hibr, whatever they are."
    Last edited by JonU; 2017-08-12 at 09:52 PM.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGirl

Ghilbrizeth:

Spoiler
    Show
    The troll spots something flying low over the trees to the southwest, approaching quickly. It looks almost draconic, but it flies awkwardly.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Titan in the Playground

Silhouette Sugartwist

"Hey, get back here, wyrmling! At the very least lower your altitude. You might give away your position." She puts her hands on her hips. "As for you, Hibr, it's rude to use powers on people without their permission. Either way, I prefer speaking verbally or in writing. It helps me distinguish speech from the voice in my he-" she stops suddenly. "Anyway, were you the one trying to contact me in the wagon? You should have answers when I called for you." Silhouette frowns.

She hops into the back of the wagon, getting out of the sun. "If we know which order we were captured in, and if the naughty wyrmling was the most recently captured, we could head back the way we came. Then we might be able to find where he lives, and from there find this wizard 'friend.'' Sil puts up air quotes.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

Reza

He immediately regrets letting this... person... share thoughts with him. Hibr is monologue-ing like the villain in a penny opera as he chains the heroine to an anchor and prepares to throw her overboard...

"Can the rest of you hear this guy in your heads? He wants to go into that town for games and snacks. And I don't think he means cards and cupcakes. First thing we should do is not bring him into town, unless we want to end up in a firefight. Retracing our... their... steps might be a good idea. We could stay just off the road, keeping it between us and whatever's going on in the woods to the west."
    Last edited by Swami Monsoon; 2017-08-12 at 11:42 PM.

18. - Top - End - #48

Zombie

Ghilbrizeth:

The troll peers into the distance for a moment before climbing atop one of the cages still laying in the wagon beds, choosing the one that places him nearest the path of the incoming creature. Ghilbrizeth taps the iron-shod heel of his spear against the cage beneath him in two sharp raps to draw the attention of the others before pointing with his spear at the flying creature. How big is it? And how far away? he thinks to himself. He was still not used to open spaces like this, and estimating distance and the size of distant objects was still a challenge. Back underground, where things were sensible, few chambers or passages extended far enough in any direction for this sort of thing to come up.

Show

In case it becomes relevant soon, Ghilbrizeth readies an action to attack the creature if it approaches him in a menacing way.
    Last edited by KingFrog; 2017-08-13 at 07:56 AM.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGirl

Perhaps realizing it has been spotted, the creature drops, coming in low from the direction of the forest. It is now perhaps a couple hundred feet away.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Troll in the Playground

Hibr

About to respond to both the pixie and strange red eyed human Hibr's attention is drawn to whatever Ghilbrezeth spots. When he abadons the cart and climbs onto the old cells Hibr floats along side him following his line of site he looks into the skies. Oh something is coming!!! he thinks, maybe a chance to eat after all...

His instincts kick in and as he has done for more than a hundred years he sinks down through the cart and into the ground keeping his eye just above the earth yet in the cool dark beneath the cart. He waits. Whatever that was looked like it was going down so there would be plenty of time to see what it wanted to do and -- if he was very luck, get a small taste.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    You have about 2 rounds before the creature arrives.

As it gets closer, you can see it is some sort of dragon, perhaps a little bigger than a horse. It looks wrong, somehow. As if it has started to rot. There is definitely some sort of rider on its back, wearing blackened armor (the inter-planar sign for 'I'm probably not a good guy'.)

22. - Top - End - #52
    Troll in the Playground

Hibr

Sensing an eminent conflict Hibr makes himself even more obscure by decreasing his mass and preparing for the inevitable violence.

Show

Manifests Augmented Compression 3 PPs, decrease Size to Small for 3 Minutes.
    Hide - (1d20+15)[25]
    Initiative - (1d20+5)[10]

Show

Hibr
    Male Shadow (Incorporeal Evolved Undead) Shadow 6 || Psion (Telepath) 3, Level 3, Init 5, HP 19/19, DR 1/-, Speed Fly: 50'
    AC 25, Touch 20, Flat-footed 19, Fort 1, Ref 6, Will 5, Base Attack Bonus 2, Power Points 5/14
    Force Effects & Deflection Count as Normal Incorporeal Touch Attack (-) +8 (1d4*1.5 Str Damage , 20/x2)
    Only Incorporeal, Magic or Spell like abilities can cause damage and have 50% Chance of Failure Masterwork Studded Leather - Iron Ward Diamond, Least (10/10 Dmg p/Day) (+3 Armour, +5 Dex, +6 Deflect. Size +1)
    Abilities Str -, Dex 21, Con -, Int 13, Wis 15, Cha 20
    Show

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

Reza

"We should spread out in case he shoots at us or tries to drop something on us."

He flies up into the canopy of nearby tree, appearing a bit more transparent as he does...

Spoiler
    Show
    Hide (1d20+19)[30]
    Initiative (1d20+10)[23]

24. - Top - End - #54

Vyory

"Ummmm, yeah.... that can't be good." States Vyory under his breath as he looks in the direction that Ghil has pointed. He looks at the others to see what they are doing in order to decide what he needs to do. Seeing two of them making attempts to hide themselves and the troll standing fast on his platform, Vyory figures everyone is getting ready for a fight. "Why not," Vyory thinks to himself "this is probably the same creature that killed this caravan. But then again....." his thought trails off as he has an idea. He quickly shouts "What if we could convince this creature to be of assistance or that we could be of assistance?! Probably won't work but could it be worth a shot?" He keeps a careful eye on the creature as it moves in keeping it just within distance for him to make a full attack on the creature.

Spoiler
    Show

Move action for Vyory in flight is approximately 270 feet. it's less if he has to make a turn or has to climb, but not by much.
    Initiative:
    readying a maximized breath so I'll need to remember to add a +3 to the roll for his breath weapon. It might look like Vyory is running to the others, but he tries his best not to get too far away while maintaining his distance in order for him to start fighting on his terms.
    Last edited by JonU; 2017-08-13 at 11:22 PM.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGirl

The creature, when it lands, looks something like a dragon, but with only wings and hind legs, no forelimbs. Up close it is also is clearly in a rather advanced state of decay. On its back is a humanoid figure with reptilian features, perhaps 7 feet tall and muscular, its scales a mottled green. In addition to the armor it seems to be armed with a spiked chain and a bow. It lands about 30 feet away, off the side of the road to the west (this would be in the field that leads to the forest a quarter mile distant). It seems a bit upset, "Where are they? Where is she?" He seems to be mostly talking to himself, but finally seems to notice your group, "Only two of the Promised? What happened to the others? What happened to your captors?"

26. - Top - End - #56
    Troll in the Playground

Hibr

Having seen where the creature landed and not needing to see much else while listening to the exchange, the little Shadow sinks the rest of the way into the earth and begins to slowly make its way towards the new comers.

Show

Duck underground so am out of sight and begin moving at normal move towards the creature and rider from underground while the rest speak. So 50' p/round until he is more or less under the creature.
    Knowledge - Nature - (1d20+3)[17] to try to identify the creature or rider.
    Knowledge - Religion - (1d20+3)[4] to try to identify the creature or rider.
    Knowledge - Planes - (1d20+3)[5] to try to identify the creature or rider. wrong sheet Know - Planes not included...
    Last edited by TankLaser007; 2017-08-14 at 03:20 AM.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGirl

Spoiler: Hibr
    Show

Know: Nature - Neither is something you would identify with Nature
    Know: Religion - Well. The dragon-like creature is definitely some sort of undead. Probably.

Last edited by Silver Night; 2017-08-14 at 03:24 AM.

28. - Top - End - #58

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Night View Post
    The creature, when it lands, looks something like a dragon, but with only wings and hind legs, no forelimbs. Up close it is also is clearly in a rather advanced state of decay. On its back is a humanoid figure with reptilian features, perhaps 7 feet tall and muscular, its scales a mottled green. In addition to the armor it seems to be armed with a spiked chain and a bow. It lands about 30 feet away, off the side of the road to the west (this would be in the field that leads to the forest a quarter mile distant). It seems a bit upset, "Where are they? Where is she?" He seems to be mostly talking to himself, but finally seems to notice your group, "Only two of the Promised? What happened to the others? What happened to your captors?"
    Vyory

If the they, she, and who all refers to our captors; then I believe that none of us actually know what happened to them. All I know is that when I woke up I could hear things outside of my cage for the first time in a week or so. I was then able to escape the cage and nobody was in eyesight, except perhaps you. I did catch a glimpse of movement in the trees to the west when I first got out. So who are you? Where you expecting us? Vyory says all this while keeping his distance from this new creature and his steed. Figuring he still has one person in his head, he thinks "What is your opinion? Find out his intentions first or fight and ask questions later?"

29. - Top - End - #59
    Titan in the Playground

Sil pokes her head out of the wagon in order to see what she's dealing with.

Spoiler: rolls!
    Show

Hide (1d20+17)[23]

Knowledge
    Arcane (1d20+8)[10]
    Local (1d20+8)[16]
    Religion (1d20+13)[19]

30. - Top - End - #60
    Troll in the Playground

Hibr

"Shhhhhh wagon dragon I am sneaking. The sneakiest sneak in sneak... ...keep him talking, if he is our friend then he looks like he knows where I can get some food. And if he's not, well he looks like he knows where I can get some food..."

Hibr continues to move forward beneath the earth careful to stay just beneath the surface.