New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Barbarian in the Playground

Zombie

Default Re: The Road Ahead - Left Fork [IC]

Ghilbrizeth:

A low moan signals Ghil's return to consciousness. He waits another few moments for all his joints and muscles to reknit before attempting to climb to his feet. The haze fades from his eyes as strength and vigor flow back into him.

Spoiler: spot roll
    Show

spot = (1d20+8)[25]

2. - Top - End - #212
    Titan in the Playground

Silhouette Sugartwist

Sil is too squeamish to look. She turns away, gagging.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

3. - Top - End - #213

Vyory

Once the fight is over Vyory takes a quick look at himself to see what his cuts are looking like. As he finishes giving himself a once over, he hears the moans and groans of the troll and glances over at him before quipping "Quite the beating you took there! Everything good?" Vyory then looks to see if the old man is still anywhere to be seen since nobody has really paid any attention to him once the fight commenced. He then takes a quick look around the perimeter of the house rising quickly as he does so to treetop level and then almost as abruptly he descends rapidly to the wagon before coming to a nice soft landing.

Spoiler: forgotten roll
    Show

Since i forgot to put the spot check roll in this post I did it in the OOC thread to keep this one cleaner.
    Last edited by JonU; 2017-11-28 at 03:09 PM.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGirl

Spoiler: Ghil and Reza
    Show
    They both spot something glinting among the sludge that used to be the larger creature.

Hibr: The lizardman seems to still be aong the living, off near the path that lead to the farmhouse.

Spoiler: Everyone
    Show
    You gain a level!

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ogre in the Playground

Reza finds a stick and tries to poke the shiny object out of the pool of slime...
    "Do Driderettes buy their legwarmers in bulk?"

6. - Top - End - #216
    Troll in the Playground

The Shadow floats over towards the Lizardman hovering near him, in case he should wake up. He watches the others poking in the slime left by the corpses.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGirl

The shiny object seems to be some kind of gem. As it gets to the edge, it glimmers with hints of colors swirling in its depths.

8. - Top - End - #218

Zombie

Ghilbrizeth:

Wary of the potential trap in the gem, Ghil looks over the farmhouse and the door to the basement considering the possible scavenge they might find inside. He decides to give the others a moment to see if any of them are bold enough to pick up the trinket.

9. - Top - End - #219

Vyory

Noticing the reflection of light off the gem as Reza pokes it with the stick, Vyory quickly rushes over to eyeball the gem for himself. After looking at it for a moment, he says "Well, it's not as beautiful as a diamond, but it still looks very nice. Would anyone object to me putting this in the wagon with that lizard man? We could possibly make some good money from this."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    JJust how big a gem are we talking about? golfball, softball, marble sized? I'm also guessing it's still roughly mid afternoon?
    Last edited by JonU; 2017-12-04 at 11:31 AM.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    It is roughly mid afternoon. It's a bit bigger than a golf ball.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Titan in the Playground

Silhouette Sugartwist.

“Maybe I can investigate it later, in order to divine its purpose.”
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Troll in the Playground

Hibr

"Are we done with this one?" he thinks floating above the lizardman, he looks around, "Where's the old man at?"

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ogre in the Playground

Reza looks down at the remains of the creature. "There are a lot of strange things happening in this out of the way place in a very short time, us not the least of them. I wonder who or what is behind this?"

14. - Top - End - #224
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGirl

Quote Originally Posted by TankLaser007 View Post
    Hibr

"Are we done with this one?" he thinks floating above the lizardman, he looks around, "Where's the old man at?"
    The old man became a hole in the air, which birthed the larger of the two creatures. There is no sign of the man or the hole now. It's possible he wasn't really an old man to begin with.

The village is perhaps a half mile away. The options now are search teh farm, go on to the village, or do something else entirely.

15. - Top - End - #225

Vyory

After staring at the gem for a little bit, Vyory decides to grab the gem and tosses it into the wagon. Once done with that he decides to check out the inside of the house. "Anyone else want to see what's inside with me? There should be some food if any of you are hungry." As he says this he goes over to the door and knocks hard enough that the door rattles in the frame. "Any body home?!" Vyory shouts.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGirl

Spoiler: Vyory
    Show
    Roll a will save!

There is no answer from the farm house.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Troll in the Playground

"Bored... let's go to that village. Or maybe we want to see what this one knows..."

Hibr runs a hand parallel to the contours of the creature's face.

18. - Top - End - #228

Rolling the will save
    Will Save - (1d20+4)[15]

19. - Top - End - #229
    Titan in the Playground

Silhouette Sugartwist.

"Maybe we can figure it out inside," she says, regaining her composure. She tries to open the door.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGirl

The door isn't locked. The house seems to be two rooms - the door opens into the main living area. There is a low stove and fireplace to one side, and a broad table on the other. The open doorway to the second room is opposite you. Everything seems quite tidy, except for a pool of what might be blood just through that interior doorway.

The lizardman seems to be regaining consciousness, though he isn't fully awake yet.

Spoiler: Vyory
    Show
    Vyory feels a twinge when he picks up the gem. For a moment one of the swirls in its depths looks like a flurry of snow to the small dragon, but the next moment the flurry is gone, and it's just shifting randomness again.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Troll in the Playground

Hibr

Seeing the lizardman begin to stir the little shadow raises a finger intending to push it into the the creatures forehead, It'll make him sleepy, he thinks to himself. The at the last second he remembers something about the other not wanting him to touch their wheelbarrow buddy to much so he decides to inform the others.

"He's waaaaaaaking up..."

"...Maybe I should make him more tired?"

22. - Top - End - #232
    Titan in the Playground

Silhouette Sugartwist

"Hibr? Why don't you leave the nice man alone and help me search the house?" Sil asks.

She turns the lizardman. "You're safe now, sleeeeep." She says, suggesting that her subject sleep for the next for hours.
    Spoiler: Suggestion
    Show
    Will Save DC 21

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ogre in the Playground

"This place is definitely worth a look. That was not a normal old man, so odds are this is not a normal farmhouse."

24. - Top - End - #234
    Troll in the Playground

Hibr

The shadow floats towards the house after Sil, "See, I knew he was still sleepy..." he sends as he passes into the building. "Oh look! Someone was playing here!" he remarks pointing towards the blood.

25. - Top - End - #235

Vyory

Once everyone is inside Vyory says "I think I would recommend that nobody touch that gem I threw in the wagon. When I picked it up I felt a twinge. I also could have sworn I saw snow in it, but it disappeared quickly."Just as quickly as the thought came to mind, Vyory was off rummaging through the house. For those that follow behind him, it looks like the proverbial tornado had moved through the room as he moves about. As a matter of fact it even feels like a tornado with the speed at which Vyory is moving.

Spoiler: Silver Knight
    Show

Does Vyory feel any different after picking that gem up or was it just a quick little twinge and everything continued feeling like normal?
    Last edited by JonU; 2017-12-10 at 03:23 PM.

26. - Top - End - #236

Zombie

Ghilbrizeth:

Seeing the already crowded hovel, Ghil decides wait outside and keep watch for any more suprises.

Spoiler: rolls
    Show

spot/listen if applicable:
    spot: (1d20+8)[11]
    listen: (1d20+2)[14]

27. - Top - End - #237
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGirl

Spoiler: JonU
    Show
    Everything feels normal again. At the moment.

It does, in fact, appear to be a regular farmhouse. There is also a body in the back room, surrounded by that blood. It looks identical to the old man you met, but the body looks as though it has been here a while. Aside from some food and a rusty old short sword there is little of value.

The lizardman struggles for a moment, but is lulled back into sleep's embrace.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Ogre in the Playground

"It appears we have two choices... investigate the town or follow the back trail of the people who captured us. That is, if we want to know what's really going on..."

29. - Top - End - #239
    Titan in the Playground

Sup looks at the man’s body, trying her hardest not to gag.

“I’d like to know what is going on here. Even if it’s making my stomach turn, it’s so interesting I can’t tear myself away. It’s like a carriage wreck.”

30. - Top - End - #240
    Troll in the Playground

"What's a matter?" he thinks floating around the body and running his fingers through the corpse. "This one's all used up..."