New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Re: Guardians: Requiem of a Slumbering God (IC)

Outback Jack Malloy

Jack raises all six clawed hands to the heavens and calls for divine power to empower him. As he feels the power growing he lowers his face to the beast and gives voice to the feral nature he restrains when in civilized society.

"ROAAR!"

Spoiler: ooc
    Show

That would be casting Divine Power as a standard action.
    Moved 5 essentia into Girallon Arms, 3 into Totem Avatar.

2. - Top - End - #452
    Titan in the Playground

Luka's House
    Proto

Tora answers her phone. "Luka? Yeah I know him. Pretty sure he was a human, but I dunno he always had something up his sleeve. Wouldn't be surprised if he was a neph." She pauses for a second. "I can say that. I have a lot of nephilim friends. Anyway, Luka and I were close. I was sorry to hear he's gone. Any friend of Luka is a friend of mine, so they're welcome to stay."

Guardian Manor
    Tea Time with Chash

Tora's phone rings. She pulls it out of her shirt and heads into another room to answer it.

Caerulea and Fierhan pause for a second. "Master, if I may," Fierhan starts. Caerulea nods. "Now that we think of it, perhaps we should include you in either interrogating other guardians or some of the cult members. Guardians can be particularly resistant to magical influence, but there's no defense against a kind word, am I right?" Fierhan chuckles to himself. It's equally mirthful and devious.

"With that in mind, I would be happy to call on you once we have some suspects," Henry says. "Unfortunately, until we have more concrete information assembled, we're playing the waiting game."

"Indeed, Henry,: Fierhan replies. "Chashne, we made sure you weren't revealed by the other cultists, correct? If they thing you are still an ordinary member, rather than an interloper, some of them might drop their guard around you."

The Maple Temple Pit, Faerie
    Jack and Marlif

The creature growls and barks at you. Runes drawn in glowing mist form on its fur. It conjures a spell, which manifests as a solid current of emotion striking the team.

Spoiler: The spell!
    Show

Both of you Make DC 22 Will Save versus [Evil] [mind Affecting]
    Or
    -3 penalty on attack rolls, saving throws, ability checks, and skill checks

(It is Marlif's Turn then Jack. Or you two can go in any order.)

THE Truck
    Ash

"How about we find out?" Nimi says, jumping onto Ash in the confines of the truck's cabin, her tail snapping against the windows. She grabs onto Ash's head with both hands before planting a kiss on him.

Outside, a guardian is leaving the warehouse while checking his phone. He sees what's going on in the truck and mutters a phrase in confusion.
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2018-07-09 at 04:58 PM.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

3. - Top - End - #453
    Ogre in the Playground

Ash Arashi
    Level 12 | HP: 77/77 | AC: 20 | Turn attempts 0/10 & 9/10 | Empty Nightstick

He tried to pry Nimi off himself, but first had enough of... decency to return the kiss once he got over surprise.

"Definitely not here. Too public and if you grow, this truck isn't big enough."

While he was considering relationship with a few women he knew, he never saw one that has straight up shown her interest. Usually he was a bit of withdrawn or just nice guy. Funny how life works.
    "If you can't slam with the best, then jam with the rest" - Charles Barkley

4. - Top - End - #454
    Titan in the Playground

The Maple Temple
    Jack and Marlif

Quirking an eyebrow at the surprising roar from beside him, the good professor gives the creature a look as if to ask why such troublesome tasks always fall on his shoulders. All the same he proceeds to chant his own nonsense in a monotonous tone, albeit with a cadence that adds a strange life to his words.

"Number 4950, security setting eight, kill 11 o' clock quad dardel.
    Number 459BZ, security setting eight, kill 7 o' clock quad dardel.
    Number 2573EZQ, standby setting nine, render passive assistance.
    Detetra harzaou karkanah majisha."

Hearing the first command, the spider charges the canine creature, swinging a heavy spider leg as a thug might swing a club.
    Spoiler
    Show

(1d20+19)[22] to hit for (2d6+16)[23] damage

Reacting in much the same manner, the bodyguard then charges forward, swinging its hand as if to maul the canine.
    Spoiler
    Show

(1d20+19)[36] to hit for (2d6+16)[23] damage

As the bodyguard moves, something falls free from it. The torsos of countless rodents, welded together at the spines fall into a lump, then rise as if they were some tentacled creature. There were ten... "tentacles" if they could even be called that, joined at seemingly arbitrary points more like roots or branches then independent limbs. Three snarling heads were attached, seemingly arbitrarily to the mass.
    Spoiler
    Show

readies action to heal injured undeads. Heads are inanimate and just serve as decoy targets.

Marlif casts detect magic to observe this thing (the dog) and the room.
    That mystical swirling of multicolored leaves as they dance in the air, that fresh fall smell, the perfect weather that makes you feel so very alive. You can almost forget that you're watching dead tissue accumulate as winter claims the world and floods it with the calming scent of death.

5. - Top - End - #455
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

confused Re: Guardians: Requiem of a Slumbering God (IC)

Outback Jack Malloy

On four of his eight limbs, Jack circles around behind the faerie beast and swipes at it's backside.

Spoiler: ooc
    Show

One attack, with flanking
    To Hit (1d20+23)[30]
    To Hurt (1d4+9)[12]

6. - Top - End - #456
    Bugbear in the Playground

Proto

After his call, Proto starts fiddling with cogs and wheels, and infusing them with magical power.

Turning back towards Lahala, Proto nods, and even smiles.

"Officialized.
    You are now a guest of the Guardians.
    Invited by an immediate superior, Tora.
    Says she was a close friend of Luka.

Clarity will have to wait until after you've headed to the Manor.
    Sending you alone and without transport is unwarranted.

Have you ever ridden a flying tiger?"

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Infusing an item with Extended Invisibility Sphere, and another with Endure Elements.
    (1d20+21)[22] DC 23 for Endure, auto-succeed - using Inspiration - on a DC 32 for Sphere

7. - Top - End - #457
    Troll in the Playground

Chimera

Chashne looks worried.

Well, I learned how to get information people a part of my job - that is, the job you originally hired me for. Back before I became a Guardian. I wouldn't say I'm an expert, though. I mean compared to.. who else do we have? Ah... no she uses magic.. um... definitely not, huh... I keep forgetting how focused you lot are. He sits up. Ok, in this context, maybe I could be some help.

There was one cultist who knew I was a guardian. It sort of came out over coffee. But I doubt she's told many people. You want me to go to meetings and see what I can see?

8. - Top - End - #458
    Titan in the Playground

THE Truck
    Ash

"That just makes it more exciting," Nimi says. Still, a physically frail nephilim like her isn't able to stop Ash from removing her. Ash gets out of the truck for good measure, followed by Nimi. Before them is a large warehouse, which is plain and unremarkable from the outside. A set of steel double doors is the nearest entrance.

The Maple Temple
    Jack and Marlif

Jack and the bodyguard undead land hits on the creature!

The creature, seeing that undead are being deployed against it, responds by growling.

Spoiler
    Show

Turn Undead
    (1d20+10)[28]
    (2d6+20)[25] turning damage

Luka's House
    Proto

"Ah, Tora, huh?" Lahala pulls in her legs and hugs them. "We haven't gotten along. Frankly, I've been acting childishly. She's probably Luka's best friend. I wish he was that close to me." She does her best to hold back more tears. "I'm being stupid. It's not her fault."

She tilts her head when Proto mentions a flying tiger. "No, I can't say I have." It's unlikely she's ever encountered artificer magic at all before. It's an uncommon art.

Guardian Manor
    Tea Time with Chash

Caerulea's normal smile brakes when Chashne makes his statement. She seems to be a little offended. However, Fierhan speaks instead.

"Another cultist, huh? Very interesting. It probably would be best that you find out where this person stands, and try to find out what they know and if they told anyone. Then we'll have to take action," he says.
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.

9. - Top - End - #459
    Ogre in the Playground

Ash Arashi
    Level 12 | HP: 77/77 | AC: 20 | Turn attempts 0/10 & 9/10 | Empty Nightstick

"...You're not wrong, but still! Better to do what we need to first and then we can have fun."

He said that, as he went to the back of the truck to start carrying out things before moving towards the doors, knocking first and entering afterwards.

"Delivery incoming!"

Afterwards he will assist with carrying other things in till all are brought in.

10. - Top - End - #460
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

Now in a prime position to attack the beast, Outback Jack rips in with all his claws.

Spoiler: Full Attack w/Flanking benefit
    Show

To Hit (1d20+25)[26]
    To Hurt (1d4+9)[11]

To Hit (1d20+25)[31]
    To Hurt (1d4+9)[11]

To Hit (1d20+25)[43]
    To Hurt (1d4+9)[13]

To Hit (1d20+25)[45]
    To Hurt (1d4+9)[10]

To Hit (1d20+25)[44]
    To Hurt (1d4+9)[13]

To Hit (1d20+25)[38]
    To Hurt (1d4+9)[11]

11. - Top - End - #461

Proto

Proto nods as he plans ahead.

"Holding grudges is not in Tora's usual pattern.
    No worries there.

Flight home might provide some distraction.
    At least lift part of the emotional stress.

Timmy is far too large to allow him inside.
    We'll go outside to get him out.
    First, you need protection from the cold.
    Timmy won't fly high enough to make oxygen a problem.
    The winds, however, can be quite perilous."

He twists one of the cogs he was manipulating earlier, giving the set of five a T-Shape as the magic within is released. He briefly touches her as the spell is channeled, leaving her with the distinct impression of wearing a warm but very light coat, perfectly adapted to the room they're currently in.

"A small trick.
    Allows the creation of spell-producing objects, given enough time.
    This will protect you from the cold.
    Or even heat, which will obviously not be an issue."

Proto then invites Lahala outside, where he fetches his other set of wheels, evidently much more complex, dealing with and making several small noises as complicated shapes align themselves in rapid succession under his skillful hands. The magic rapidly seems to glow from within, until the small angel reaches his back, and Timmy Mk2 is released from the confines of The Tower, now opened on the side, letting the large cat exit by walking. His outstretched hand rapidly touches the tiger as he exits, and all three, cat, Lahala and Proto now see each other transparently.

Final step of this process, Proto turns around and reaches the ground, putting the cat between himself and Lahala as he removes his own wings, a process that can be quite off-putting, or so he was told. They magically grow bigger as they adapt to the tiger's form, though they're obviously an unnatural addition to the perfectly calm dire tiger, metallic wings strapped on what obviously looks like flesh.

"Invisibility Sphere.
    Useful. Keeps us hidden.
    Getting you to the Manor is my next task.
    Causing a panic with a giant tiger is not.

Do not move too far away from Timmy once the spell is cast.
    Any offensive maneuver will break the spell.
    So will leaving the Sphere, coming back does not fix this."

He lets Lahala look at the tiger for a bit, to reassure herself.
    Should she fail to notice, he immediately tells her that he's artificial, not a wild animal with a chance to disobey.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Casting Endure Elements on Lahala.
    Ready action as soon as he leaps out: Casting Invisibility Sphere on Timmy.

12. - Top - End - #462
    Titan in the Playground

The Maple Temple
    Jack and Marlif

Marlif continues to observe the magical energies enshrouding the creature as he undeads maintain their mindless assault.
    Spoiler
    Show

(1d20+19)[38] to hit for (2d6+16)[28] damage
    (1d20+19)[20] to hit for (2d6+16)[26] damage
    That mystical swirling of multicolored leaves as they dance in the air, that fresh fall smell, the perfect weather that makes you feel so very alive. You can almost forget that you're watching dead tissue accumulate as winter claims the world and floods it with the calming scent of death.

13. - Top - End - #463
    Titan in the Playground

Guardian Warehouse
    Ash

The door buzzes and clicks open for ash. Inside is a long concrete hallway interrupted by the occasional steel door, lit by bare fluorescent bulbs that cast sparse like on the floor and likely haven't been replaced in some time. At the end of this hallway is a desk manned by a single guardian. This woman wears the guardian uniform coat over a buttoned blows and a blade tie. Her features are sharp and accentuated by the poor lighting. Her blonde hair is kept in a proper bun.

She pushes up her horn rimmed glasses and looks down the hallway at Ash. "State your business guardian." She looks more closely to see a very excited Nimi standing behind Ash and grinning like a madman. "Excuse me, Guardians."

Luka's House
    Proto

Lahala sniffs at the machine tiger as Proto works on it. "Which tiger do you speak of, this one or the one in the manse?"
    Nonetheless she mounts with it Proto and they make their way to the mansion. "Where did you learn all of this anyway," she mutters to herself.

Guardian Manor
    Chash, Proto

"Perhaps it would be best that you tell us everything you know about this person," Fierhan starts.

However, Proto arrives with Lahala at the door of the mansion. The young, pale catfolk nervously observes her surroundings, clutching her bag. Caerulea gets up to see what is going on.

"Hello, I do not believe we met. I am Caerulea, Guardian High Luminary and master Mindmage," Caerulea says. She does not extend her hand.

"Uh, yes, I know of you. I am Lahala, Luka's apprentice," Lahala says. She keeps her distance from Caerulea.

"Ah, yes, how is the good healer these days," Caerulea says flippantly. She smiles, her impressively sharp teeth bared, as she steps closer to Lahala, but Fierhan moves next to her and puts a hand on her shoulder.

"He's disappeared," Lahala says, looking away.

The Maple Temple
    Jack and Marlif

The creature cries and screeches as the undead and Jack slam into it. Jack notes that it's blood is dark and heavy, and also tacky like tree sap.

Marlif continues his investigation. There are over a dozen effects in his scan, not counting the ones on Jack. The effect is strong.

The creature retalitiated with spell and claws. It howls and spits ancient curses, and the turn it's teeth and claws on Jack.

Spoiler: Attacks
    Show

Casting Halt Undead on the two goon undead. DC22 Will.

Attacking Jack
    (1d20+22)[39]
    (2d6+13)[23] Slashing

(1d20+17)[31]
    (1d8+8)[16]

[roll]1d20+17+8[/roll]
    (1d8+8)[11]

x3 DC 22 Will saves or be Cursed, -2 on Saves, Attacks, Weapon Damage, and Skill checks. (This effect does not stack)

14. - Top - End - #464
    Titan in the Playground

The Maple Temple
    Jack and Marlif

Marlif carefully wakes his undeads with items on his person allowing the bear to swing it's enlarged head at the dog, and the spider to clumsily swing a swollen leg at it.

Spoiler
    Show

Move action->move amidst undeads
    Part of move action/free action-> pull out cow rib, human foot, and poorly preserved rat carcass
    free action-> drop items on undeads waking them up
    standard action->maintain focus on detect magic

(1d20+19)[32] to hit for (2d6+16)[21]] damage
    (1d20+19)[25] to hit for (2d6+16)[24] damage

15. - Top - End - #465
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

Outback Jack doesn't appear to appreciate the injuries this creature is inflicting on him, so he returns in kind.

Spoiler: Full Attack
    Show

Claw
    To Hit (1d20+21)[29]
    To Hurt (1d4+7)[11]

Claw
    To Hit (1d20+21)[32]
    To Hurt (1d4+7)[10]

Claw
    To Hit (1d20+21)[39]
    To Hurt (1d4+7)[11]

Claw
    To Hit (1d20+21)[31]
    To Hurt (1d4+7)[10]

Claw
    To Hit (1d20+21)[28]
    To Hurt (1d4+7)[10]

Claw
    To Hit (1d20+21)[37]
    To Hurt (1d4+7)[11]

16. - Top - End - #466
    Ogre in the Playground

Ash

"Just a delivery of retrieved artifacts, parts, you know. That kind of stuff. Want to have this task behind me quickly if I can help it."

17. - Top - End - #467
    Titan in the Playground

The Maple Temple
    Jack and Marlif

The beast collapses. You finally relax as the sinister hold it had over you melts away. The room falls silent.

Then the beast twitches. It's torso distends as the shadow it cast on your vision is pulled apart. From it, a blood soaked figure, almost human in its appearance, rises from the viscera. It's strange. The teeth are points, and it's eyes are hollow and cruel. Its ears are pointed, and its hands terminate in gnarled claws. It speaks to you, ranting in some ancient and arcane tongue.

It suddenly stops and laughs. There's no mirth in it. Finally, it pulls out a tuning fork and casts a spell, leaving the duo in a silent room again.

"Well well well," Lachesis says, descending inverted form the opening in the ceiling via a spider's thread. "I see you have found your way to victory. Now, I will present you with the knowledge you seek." She points at the corpse of the canine monstrosity. "That is the man you seek. I must say you've done me quite the favor, destroying him for me. He has done me a gross disservice in the past, and now blood has been repaid with blood. Our arrangement is now satisfied."

This is going to be hard to explain to the folks back home.

Guardian Warehouse
    Ash

"Ah, yes, the Cultist case, correct? I thought someone else was assigned to it," The guardian says, checking her computer. "Ah, yes, then you're Nimi, right?" she asks, without looking up from the screen.

"Yes, and I have just made love to this man!" Nimi announces, slamming her hands on the desk and grinning.

The guardian hardly reacts. She looks over to Ash. "Is this true? I will warn your that fraternization is frowned upon in this organization, and I will have to report you."

Nimi looks to the side and curses under her breath. "Tch! You're no fun at all."

18. - Top - End - #468
    Ogre in the Playground

Ash

"It's not true, but I have doubts that it is that frowned upon. I can think of at least three couples within the Guardians." A small smirk on his face as he said it. "Now then, the artifacts. The rest are in the truck, so let's work quickly. I've got places to go."

19. - Top - End - #469
    Troll in the Playground

Chimera

Chashne pokes his head around the end of the sofa he is sprawled on.

Luka? Disappeared? When did you last see her?

20. - Top - End - #470

Proto

Proto flutters forward, his wings properly set back into place on his back.

"Lahala is officially invited.
    She is to reside at the manor.
    Her presence here is endorsed.
    Tora has already been informed.
    Guardians are to welcome her as a guest.
    As a friend in need.

Luka's disappearance is under investigation.
    This invitation lasts until that investigation is over.
    What happens after will depend on the results.

Assignments involved getting her to the manor."

He turns towards Chasne.

"Help her know the manor.
    She was a maid, might help around a bit.
    There are other assignments needing this angel elsewhere."

He gives a brief nod as he mentally notes that Chasne might welcome her better than Caerula would. Without further notice - or letting anyone comment - Proto departs, towards Clarity's usual place, in search of answers.
    Last edited by Xgya; 2018-08-26 at 12:51 AM.

21. - Top - End - #471
    Titan in the Playground

Guardian Warehouse
    Ash

“That’s highly unfortunate,” the Guardian librarian says. “I do not like to gossip, but I have it under good authority that Diael, the Guardian that attacked headquarters nearly a year ago, was romantically involved with a coworker. Needless to say, it was an affair that was violently cut short. Our work is highly dangerous, and we can’t allow for any instability an emotional loss can cause.” She taps a note into her phone, and gets up. “Needless to say, it’s the job of a highest tier to discipline guardians on this matter. Whether or not our new leader is up to the task remains to be seen. Follow me. Bring the crates.” The librarian opens a heavy door leading to the interior.

The Tier 1 would be Sissy at this point. After all, the other Tier 2s about her were incapicitated or killed in Diaels attack, and Tora and Caerulea are her junior.

Nimi quiets down, solemnly and respectfully keeping quiet for a change.

Guardian Manor
    Proto and Chashne

“Uh, Luka is a man I think, but I haven’t seen him in several months. I don’t know what happened to him.” Lahala say quietly.

“A few months, huh? That would put him missing around the time the councilmen were killed,” Caerulea says, stroking her chin. “Interesting. Presumably, you were invited on my dear sister’s authority, though to me it wouldn’t matter to me either way.”

“R-right,” Lahala says. “Also, I’m not a maid, I’m a guardian trainee. I can heal, though I wouldn’t mind doing some cleaning.” She turns to Proto to offer her complaint, but he head already left. She sighs. Typical. She was use to being trampled over.

Clarity’s House
    Proto

Proto arrives at Clarity Clemens’s, or rather Ephemerel as Sheol dubbed her on her recreation, house. The rephaim’s house is messy, with clothes and blue feathers spread around. The TV has been left on, playing soap operas.

On the couch is a bunch of blankets covering a snoring Clarity. Her head and the tips of her large, blue wings are sticking out. Her hair is blue and trimmed in her messy style. Her skin is pale, typical for a rephaim. It’s uncracked as well, which is typical sign of heavy impact or lack of maintenance. She must be really skilled at repairing it, but knowing her it’s more likely she round a talented artificer to repair it for her. She doesn't technically need to sleep, and most nephilim can't even try it, but she does it anyway. One of her many quirks.
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2018-08-31 at 10:26 PM.

22. - Top - End - #472
    Ogre in the Playground

Ash

Bringing the crates with him, he followed the woman, but only partly out of respect for fallen. He knew there was more to attack, Tramp has told him so. Still the lives have been lost while trying to stop Diael, even though his goal was supposedly right.

23. - Top - End - #473
    Titan in the Playground

The Maple Temple
    Jack and Marlif

Marlif had just begun examining the corpse and faerie's magical auras so as to take advantage of his spell when he heard that the dying canine who's bowels had recently departed in the form of a humanoid, was the man his companion was looking to meet. Who was it, Luckus? Regardless, the name was rather irrelevant. He just so happened to be the top in this field, and as irksome as it may be to resuscitate the dying on demand all the time without prior warning, and while he was loath to admit it, he still found himself well prepared for these sorts of situations. Without delay Marlif crosses the distance with an awkward gait as he draws forth various components and contraptions generally valued in thousands of gold, setting to work at his task.
    Spoiler
    Show

Lets see if we can't use some bastardization of trap the soul to preserve its life, and probably reanimate as a gast via create undead (promptly commanding via rebuke undead afterwards.) If there's trouble in the middle there we'll bestow a harmless little curse to live on in agony despite his wounds to help bridge the gap.

Got 21k of research/spell/undead components, given the right spells should probably be able to cobble something together.

24. - Top - End - #474

Proto

Proto gives a small look around the place, noticing it's even more unkempt than usual.

"Ephemerel, most humans are not that lazy.
    You are doing this out of laziness.
    Not out of necessity.

Get up.
    News.
    Luka disappeared.
    Cultists owning tools made to repair or create rephaim.
    Tools that could be put to good use now.
    Any ideas how they got them?
    How they knew of their importance?
    A cult to Sheol brainwashing people.
    Leaves a bad image."

25. - Top - End - #475
    Titan in the Playground

The Maple Temple
    Jack and Marlif

Marlif examines the body. The soul hasn't left it yet, despite the corpse being legally dead in every sense. He sets to work trying to preserve it. However, the prognosis isn't good. The most expedient methods are having no effect, as if fate itself was working against you.

"What the hell?!" Edinah says from the top of the hole. She hops down, followed by Anderon. "You tricked us!"

"Well, frankly it was the fastest way to settle our agreement. I wouldn't have gotten you to do what I wanted if I told you what you wanted to know beforehand," Lachesis says, crossing her arms.

"Of course, acting in good faith would have been too hard, wouldn't it?" Anderson says coldly, pulling out an elegant sword from seemingly nowhere. Curious. Marlif swears he has seen this saber before.

"Hmph, don't bother getting yourself worked up. I have no quarrel with you. Fare thee well, mortals," Lachesis says cordially. She ascends back out of the prison via her spider's thread.

"Figures," Anderson mumbles as she stows her sword again. "Necromancer, how is Luka looking?" she asks Marlif.

Guardian Warehouse
    Ash

The librarian walks the pair through the warehouse.

She eventually finds the spot she's looking for, and empty one in a particularly crowded area. "Please leave the crates here. This should be their proper place." She checks a clipboard hanging off of the steel shelving, murmuring to herself while flipping though the pages. "Huh. So it was checked out correctly according to this documentation. Blake Giles is the guardian who had it last, T3. Unfortunately, we don't have the information on his whereabouts or status here. You'll have to go to HQ to see where he's assigned. Given that there's no sign of a break-in, it must've of been stolen from him." The librarian strokes her chin, pondering the situation. "I have no idea what he would be doing with so much equipment."

Clarity’s House
    Proto

Clarity grumbles something. "Ugh, what time is it, it's way to early for this," she complains from under the sheets. She finally pops her head out from under them, bleary eyed as Proto hastily tries to explain the quickly deteriorating situation in the neighborhood. She fumbles around a side table, knocking over some tiny statues of cats, and her hand finds her horn rimmed glasses. She puts them on and stumbles off of the couch. The blankets slide off of her, revealing her white non-Newtonian fluid skin and large, bird-like wings with blue stained feathers.

She slowly makes her way into the kitchen, and turns on her coffee pot. "I'm not lazy, I just do what I do," she says quietly and dismissively. She stretches, despite the fact this would have no effect on composite ceramic bones or artificial muscle. "Those cultist guys are harmless. Besides, no one knows about Sheol, so I don't know who it's gonna reflect poorly on, not that I care," she says more loudly. "The guardians probably have all sorts of elf stuff like that, but stealing from the Guardians doesn't sound like them, either. Their Libraries have a lot of magical protection, and trying to force it will just start a fight with a very well trained Librarian, and any conjurer who can be reached by phone." She pours her coffee into a mug, along with a large amount of milk and sugar. All of these substances are useful to a rephaim. She leans against her counter, sipping at the mug. "Did they have any rephaim with them? That'd be my first bet. Not that any rephaim should be telling more normal humans about that stuff. Fixing us up is one thing, spilling secrets about Sheol in particular is just asking for trouble."

There was a rephaim who was doing precisely that, who was smashed to pieces by Ash using Black Dahlia. She is right though. While she seems to lack faith in in the god of the rephaim, this one was preaching to those cultists. It's certainly out of character for a devout angel of the depths, as secrecy is considered sacred for a variety of reasons, one of them being protecting the innocent.

"So, what's this about Luka missing," she says too casually. "Doesn't sound like a big deal at all. He goes off on silly trips all of the time. Don't worry about it." She's hiding something, and doing a half-assed job of it, not unlike her failing to hide their blue feather, the mark of a rephaim.

26. - Top - End - #476
    Titan in the Playground

The Maple Temple
    Jack and Marlif

Marlif attempts several more curses specifically aimed at severing the man from his fate, whilst I might feel a bit bad for folks whom Marlif raises on the fly, he certainly doesn't care himself.
    Marlif will attempt a lesser planer binding to trap the soul as one might any being of spiritual flesh (outsider), as well as ghoul gauntlet to see if he can't manually transfigure it into a ghoul after stimulating standard life responses (breathing, heartbeat, ect.) with the materials and assistance he has on hand.
    Spoiler
    Show
    k-religion (science) (1d20+15)[29] seems applicable.

27. - Top - End - #477
    Ogre in the Playground

Ash

"Well, then I will ask on HQ once I'm done.. " He said as he put down the crates, and helped with others. As they were about to finish he simply stated.

"I will be goin' then. Take care. Let's go, Nimi" He directed that last part at, obviously, Nimi. With a small grin, of course. As soon as they arrived at the truck though. "While I do think we should investigate this situation, it's late and I will ask about that Blake later. Wanna see a movie, get somethin to eat first before we do anything, though?"

28. - Top - End - #478

Proto

"A wild rephaim was present.
    Disassembled by fellow guardians.

What about the brainwashing?
    Sounds like a common tactic?

You are still the main info source on other rephaim.
    Any of them in dire need of repairs?
    ...besides the recently-disassembled one."

Stepping back, he simply asks.

"Where would Luka go then?
    He left a Guardian trainee without any way to contact.
    Does not fit the data."

29. - Top - End - #479
    Titan in the Playground

The Maple Temple
    Jack and Marlif

Marlif is unable to properly trap the soul with his limited resources.
    When he goes to attempt a Ghoul Gauntlet, Anderson grabs him by the wrist. "I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemies," she says coldly.

"What do we do now?" Edinah asks, confused. "We just killed the man we're looking for!"

"I do wonder," says a voice from the darkness in a matter of fact tone. From among the tangled roots climbs another half spider, smaller than Lachesis. "How would you proceed, considering this man is legally dead." Her fingers hold up a trap of thread, which she twitches in rhythm. "I would cease your efforts, necromancer. That creature is in my web. There is no escaping."

Outside Guardian Warehouse
    Ash

Nimi stares at Ash smugly as he speaks. She understands exactly what he meant to say. However, she lets herself pretend she heard otherwise. "I've always wanted to do it in a restaurant or a crowded movie theater," she says with a toothy grin. "The fancier the restaurant or more crowded theater the better."

Clarity’s House
    Proto

"Hmm... what do you mean by brain washing. Who is doing it exactly, and how?" Clarity asks carefully.

Clarity scratches her head. "Rephaim, more devout than most. Do you think it could have been Charles, or rather Pariel? You two probably never met. However, I think I know one of his old hangouts. It's in the Black Forest, you know, the crazy magical woods plaguing the countryside. Can't miss it. I can draw you a map or give sat coordinates. If he was convinced to be so dangerous a Guardian destroyed him, I would bring back up." She pauses to think again. "Checking on him would be my first bet. I wouldn't bother the others if I were you," she states dismissively.

"As for Luka, he just goes on business for the Guardians. They do it all of the time, you see," Clarity says, avoiding being specific.

30. - Top - End - #480

Proto

"Insufficient data.
    This unit was not present when the cult leader was dealt with.
    Could be 'Pariel'.
    Worth investigating.

Is this considered insider information?
    Can this 'back up' come from the Guardians?
    Building one Timmy already took over a month.

Not enough clearance to assemble a team.
    High enough to warn leaders that would.
    This is the first lead on the current investigation."