New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Re: Guardians: Requiem of a Slumbering God (IC)

Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    THE NEXT DAY DAWNS

Leon’s Apartment
    Leon and Jack

The team has assembled in the morning. Lahala is still asleep in the living room. A real plan hasn’t coalesced, so the Edinah duplicate, know as Edinah to everyone present because they never met the real, “Prime,” one, is staring at her phone.

“So... should I just call Tora and ask what happened to our healer?” Edinah asks awkwardly.
    Outback Jack Malloy

"I do believe that'd be a fine idea!
    Uh, what's the goal of this plan we haven't made? Please remember, I'm not up to date on the current intrigue 'round here."

2. - Top - End - #272
    Troll in the Playground

Chimera

Chashne has his disguise, and a long coat, and his equipment, and guitar. But his coat is undone, his whiskers are askew, and his eyes hooded. Somewhere high on his left arm some kind of spell is turning ruffled fur into clean brushed fur, but there's a fair bit of territory to go.

He makes a bee-line for the coffee maker, a somewhat alarmed-looking T'kit pushing him slightly to one side to ensure he doesn't try and walk through the kitchen table.

Did anyone else have a strange dream last nigh- oh no! No! He takes a lurching step backwards, eyes wide with alarm, and then leaps neatly onto the counter and pokes his head deep into one of the cupboards, rifling it frantically. Where are the artesian roast beans? The bean grinder? The milk foamer? He withdraws his head, a look of dawning horror crossing his previously sleepy face. I'm in a house that only has instant coffee!!!

3. - Top - End - #273
    Firbolg in the Playground

Leon Gloryborn

Grimacing, Leon shakes his head. "That would probably be unwise after yesterday. Although-" The corner of his mouth quirks into a smile. "It's not like we've got a better plan, and she certainly doesn't want to hear from me."

He looks across the room at Lahala. "Maybe if our little lady over there can keep her temper under control, she can ask Tora. Lord knows nobody wants him back more than her."
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

Check out my Celestial Compendium!

4. - Top - End - #274
    Titan in the Playground

Guardian Manor
    Chashne Fierhan Ash Proto

"It's no good, Chash. The coffee machine is broken," Tora says, striding into the room confidently, sporting a pair of shades. "It has been for a while. My master and I got tired of the artifice of the process, though." Tora takes out some Irish cream and pours it into a mug. "Maybe Proto can fix it." She leans down and pulls out a bag of coffee beans from the lower cabinet and puts it on the counter. She reaches in a grabs a handful of beans, tossing them into her mouth, washing it down with the alcoholic cream in her mug. "Ah, hits the spot. So what's this about a dream, Chash?"

Leon’s Apartment
    Leon and Jack

"Well, we need to get Luka back to fix my arm, and any other injuries I have," Edinah tells jack. "I think Tora is the only one who has a clue as to where he is. I might be able to convince her to hand over some details."

Edinah glances over at the other room. "I don't think Lahala would talk to Tora. She kinda views Tora as a rival. See, Luka thinks Tora is pretty attractive. Naturally, Lahala is super jealous. Worse, if she finds out about my condition, there is no way she isn't going to tell Tora out of spite."
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

Outback Jack Malloy

"Let me get this straight. You, Edinah, need Luca, who can only be contacted by Tora, who Lahala won't talk to out of jealousy, to fix your injuries. Is that right?" Jack sips back on a cool glass of water. He very obviously prefers water.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Ogre in the Playground

Ash Arashi
    Level 12 | HP: 77/77 | AC: 12 | Turn attempts 10/10 & 10/10 | Full Nightstick

He went towards the kitchen of the mansion, realizing he might need some pick me up. Although to others he still looked almost like he was half asleep, despite using restoration to get rid of tiredness.

He turned on the kettle, and upon seeing Tora chewing the coffee beans just said "You do it too?". Immediately afterwards, the water finished boiling and he just, as if nothing was wrong, started pouring it into his mouth, gulping it down and washing down the crushed coffee beans.

Ever since fire joined his repertoire of powers in past, it was one trick he realized he could do if he was feeling impatient or lazy. The scalding hot water didn't burn him at all.
    "If you can't slam with the best, then jam with the rest" - Charles Barkley

7. - Top - End - #277
    Titan in the Playground

Leon’s Apartment
    Leon and Jack

"Yes, because Tora is in love with the 'real' me, who is dead, brought back in this in simulacrum form, so Tora doesn't go through the same kind of suffering that Diael did, hopefully averting any foolish actions, such as getting oneself killed," Edinah says. "And keeping Lahala out of it is such a great idea." Edinah sits still for a moment. "And I just caught myself wondering if the absurd circumstances of my existence are unique to me, or if real people feel this way, too. I think it would be for the best if I don't pursue that like of reasoning. Still, I wish we had other people to depend on. Everyone I know is a loon..."

She picks up her phone to make a call to Tora. "Yeah, Tora? ... Yeah it's great to hear from you, too... Yeah, I'm really sorry I left like that... Mhm... yeah, it sounds lovely... Listen, I've been worried about Luka lately, and I was wonderin-... oh, you can't tell me? What if I made it up to you? Maybe we can get some croissant and check out the bay?... Yeah... Faerie, you say? Weird. Why would he go there... Oh well, thanks for the heads up." Edinah hangs up.

"She said he went to Faerie, plane of the fey. Apparently he went after some kind of monster they were fighting, and he said if he pursued it into the Faerie he wouldn't be able to return. He didn't anyway, so I guess it must have been a big deal. Still, it's a bit weird to me. As far as I know as a WMOC officer, they weren't ever assigned to work together. I wonder if they were doing some moonlighting or off the books work."

Guardian Manor

Tora offers Ash a fist bump. "That's hardcore, Ash. I never thought of using water with my coffee beans. You probably know all sorts of ways to deal with hot foods, then?" She pours herself another cup of Irish cream and adjust her sunglasses. "Alright, it's probably time for you guys to get going. You should get a head start on the cultist situation."

She pulls her phone out, and answers it. "I'll... uh... be a minute..." she says, heading into the other room. She returns about 5 minutes later, smiling broadly.
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

Outback Jack Malloy

"So, let me get THIS part straight,
    too. We are now looking for a solid entrance AND exit into the fae lands to bring back Luca, who may or may not be engaged in stuff he's might be trying to hide."

Jack looks around. "I'm game.
    Lead the way! HA!"
    Last edited by LairdMaon; 2017-12-17 at 11:39 AM.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Ogre in the Playground

Ash Arashi

He accepted the fistbump with one of his own. "Ehhh, it depends on the food in question."

As Tora came back from her talk, he just waited, having just finished getting into the robes. "Alright so what's the location we're visiting?"

10. - Top - End - #280

Leon Gloryborn

Leon shifts in his seat uncomfortably. "The Fey?" He groans and puts his head in his hands. "I can arrange for us to get there... but I'll be making a deal with the devil."

11. - Top - End - #281
    Titan in the Playground

Leon's Apartment
    Jack and Leon

"I sure hope you can, Leon. I can't planeshift, so I'd need help getting there." Edinah shrugs. "I just hope you don't mean the literal Devil. I know, far fetched, but with Guardians you never know..." She looks towards the living room. "I guess we'll have to leave Lahala here. It doesn't feel right, but honestly we're short on manpower."

The Old Library Exterior

The team has assembled outside the old library building. It's tall, with antiquated stone architecture. It looks like it has been abandoned for some time. The area has had its population to displaced by the encroaching Black Forest. Although the forest hadn't entered the large city wall, the people who lived here were uncomfortable with their proximity to it.

"Well, this is the building Caerulea scried for us. It matches the description we were given, and uh," Tora trails off, pointing at the sign in front of the aging wooden door that signals a meeting of the cult. "Well, I think that is a pretty good indication. Well, good luck. Remember, your objective to retrieve any magical artifacts. If it you can do it without causing further bloodshed, it would be preferred. You guys gave us quite a scare yesterday."

Winslow's Lab
    Winslow
    (Spoilered bits for the main group! Read at your own risk)

Winslow's lab is a dark, stone room in the basement of the Guardian Tower. It's dimly lit by long, bare fluorescent bulbs in the ceiling. Scattered about is a large amount of machinery and computer equipment. There are several 3D prints and mechanized mills, as well as several medical beds. A large number of prototype golemcraft* cybernetic prosthetics lay about the room as well.

There are also some living accommodations. So that she never has to leave the room unless necessary, Winslow has arranged a person bed, as well as bulk containers of peanut butter and several jellies. Her diet consists entirely of PB&J sandwiches, much to the shock and dismay of the other Guardians.

Spoiler: Story Text
    Show

Sitting on one of the beds is Rebecca, who has miraculously and SECRETLY survived her "death" at the hands of Diael, with no small thanks to the efforts of Winslow and Harry, who prepared mechanized replacements for the disintegrated portions of her body, and Luka, who used his magic to keep her alive long enough to survive the procedure. Most of her damage was to the left side of her body, so naturally most of the replacement body parts exist there, but some complimentary enhancements have been made to the other side of her body. Her skin has been regenerated over the prosthetic machinery, but in the harsh lighting from the light behind her, the slight transparency of her skin allows blurry glimpses of the black metals beneath the surface. Such extensive cybernetic enhancements are entirely unfounded; Rebecca is the first of her kind.

She has also had some cosmetic, elective changes made as well. Rebecca is a deeply insecure person, and being compared to Bander, her partner who abandoned the Guardians, and Tora, who continues to work, has worth thin on her patience. As such, she decided that as long as her body wasn't going to be "real," she would have some work done. Her nose is slightly smaller and more feminine, her jaw is less square, her 3 measurements better optimized in general. Luka was happy to help, after some violent coercion.

Her hair is black, long, and shaved at the left side, a stylistic choice that only foreshadowed her horrific dismemberment. Her skin is pale, and her eyes almond shaped. In her shorts and tank top, her impressive musculature is visible as well. She rolls and stretches her left arm, testing the new limb's weight and range of motion. Her physical therapy is mostly complete, but she's still unfamiliar with her new body.

"I have to say, Winslow, you guys did some great work." She smirks cockily. Despite her adversarial attitude towards Diael, she shares his arrogant attitude. The posturing she's prone to is likely a result of her time spent in a street gang. She's always working to be seen as the alpha wolf, both through hard work and social aggression. "Soon, you'll have your strongest Guardian back. No punks will try attacking any more council members once I'm back on the scene, I'll tell you that." Her stomach growls. "Uh, in the meantime, I could use some food."

*= namely, it's magically powered rather than electrically like robotics.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

Outback Jack Malloy

Jack stretches with a quiet grunt. "Alright then. I'll meet you folks outside and you can tell me as we travel why leaving her behind is a good idea."

That said, he pads his way near the front door and blinks away.

--------

Outside, Outback Jack takes a long look at the morning and tugs his hat on.

13. - Top - End - #283

Leon Gloryborn

"I wish that I meant Lucifer."
    He groans and picks up his phone, holding down the 6 key, speed dialing a number marked as "Do Not Answer". With dread on his face, he steps out onto his small apartment balcony.

"Hello?" A woman's voice can be heard from the other end of the line, though her words aren't able to be heard. "About your deal." Leon begins, a little color returning to his face. "I need a favor. Plane shift or the like to Faerie. Are you a-" A raised voice from over the line, Leon raises a hand as if placating the intangible woman. "Sorry, sorry. I know you can do anything." Total mood change from the voice. "Sigh... thanks, Win-" He gulps and turns away from anyone around him, whispering. "... thanks, baby."

Spoiler: Elspeth Winslow, Master Artificer
    Show
    "Pish posh, darling. Say no more." The dread queen of artificy says, waggling her left hand carelessly at Rebecca as her right hand curiously rotates again and again, working a screwdriver like a drill. "I still say you should have let a little shine show, but I understand, lady's secrets and all." She smiles as she steps away. "All done. My latest automaton! I'll have to thank that nice Outback Jack for the dire lion schematics."

"You wanted food. That can be arranged." She claps her hands together. "Winston, darling, Rebecca is hungry!" Before too long, an odd little hunched robot hobbles into the room and begins preparing a PB&J sandwich for Rebecca. "Winston 2.0 is a doll, isn't he?"

Winslow's eyes brighten, as if she's being spoken to. "Oh. I've got an incoming call! How rare." She smiles, makes a phone shape with her right hand and holds it up to her head.
    "Leon, darling. You've come back!" She pulls her hand away from her head and mouths to Rebecca. "It's my boyfriend!" She pouts into the phone. "Straight to business, I see. Hold on, let me get us some privacy- that's better. Talk to me."

In a flash, her face becomes haughty and offended. "Of course I'm able. Who do you think I am? Some alcoholic catfo-" She nods, and her face becomes the picturesque expression of someone being praised. "Good. 8pm. Fancy dinner, flowers, movie, your car, my place, then we talk."

"Up up up. Thanks, baby, or honey, or whatever the girls like." She motions with her finger, as if pressing it to someone's lips to shush them.
    "Ciao~" She pulls her hand away and makes a motion as if she's hanging it up. "Leon, that rascal. He's ever so in love with me." She places a distressed hand to her forehead. This is, of course, patently false, but Winslow would love nothing more than to convince all the young ladies in the Guardian Corps. believe she's managed to become the object of Frontieria's number one nice guy's affections.

"Eat your PB&J, 'Becks. You need your protein." She chides.

Spoiler: Easier back and forth.
    Show
    "Hello?"
    "Leon, darling. You've come back!"
    "About your deal."
    "Straight to business, I see. Hold on, let me get us some privacy- that's better. Talk to me."
    "I need a favor. Plane shift or the like to Faerie. Are you a-"
    "Of course I'm able. Who do you think I am? Some alcoholic catfo-"
    "Sorry, sorry. I know you can do anything."
    "Good. 8pm. Fancy dinner, flowers, movie, your car, my place, then we talk."
    "Sigh... thanks, Win-"
    "Up up up. Thanks, baby, or honey, or whatever the girls like."
    "... thanks, baby."
    "Ciao~"
    Last edited by LoyalPaladin; 2017-12-19 at 04:29 PM.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Ogre in the Playground

Ash Arashi

He let his eyes watch through the building as he started thinking through the spells he holds, which to apply now and which to apply later as he held one of his nightsticks. Black Dahlia was on his back, wrapped in bandages as a bundle that he could access without issue. He still hadn't given it a sheath...

"Can't promise nothin', Tora. We will try our best but if they attack us? Yeah..."

'How ready are you, hm?'

15. - Top - End - #285
    Troll in the Playground

Chimera

Chashne eyes the sign warily.

It feels like less of an achievement to find this place when they advertise. So, are we going in incognito, like before? Or sneaking in? Or just kicking down the door? If there isn't a meeting going on, maybe stealth would be better? Or I could start on the roof and make my way down?

He sighs, and stuffs the last dregs of his hastily store-purchased low fat no whip double mocaccino with a hazelnut shot, into a nearby bin. You know that dream still bothers me. The one about 'Becca. She was so pissed that Diael got assigned here instead of her. Particularly with the prestige of that excavation going on.

He pauses, looking up at the sky, as if examining the weather.

I guess I still miss her. No sense worrying about old dig sites when we've got cultists to catch and artifacts to retrieve.
    Spoiler
    Show

Getting a weather report for today, and compare to my own instincts for what's going to happen right here, as opposed to more generally. (knowledge nature (1d20+6)[22])

Spells up - balancing lorecall, improved mage armour

16. - Top - End - #286
    Titan in the Playground

Outside Leon's Apartment
    Leon and Outback Jack

Lahala mutters in her sleep between nibbling on the large pillow she cradles in fetal position as she sleeps. "Oh Luka, you know it's bad luck to see your bride before the wedding. Oh ho ho..."

Now that you're outside, Edinah speaks up again. "Great, where's she meeting us?" Edinah asks. "I mean, you've got us this great option for a conjurer, but she's not," she looks around, "here." She sighs, and tries to compose herself. "Sorry to be a little sour about this, but now that I know we can get this down, I'm a little anxious about melting." She leans in a little closer. "And what's this about 'baby'? Were you hassled into a date?"

"As for you," Edinah starts as she looks up. "Lahala doesn't know anything about this. If you ask me, she's a little," Edinah shrugs and tilts her head to the side, "you know, slow. I don't want her to know I'm a duplicate, and it'd be even worse if she knew Luka was in on some zany scheme in the first place. Heck, it's killing Luka on the inside. That man is dead inside, probably because of me, so I don't think Lahala would take it well if she found out Luka was doing something shady."

Outside the Cultist Meeting Hall
    Chashne, Proto, Kadic, Ash

"Well, go in quietly if you can. Your objective is to find any artifacts. If you can avoid getting in a fight like last time, I think we can wrap this up easily," Tora says to Kadic and Chashne.

She exhales when she hears Rebecca's name. "I can't say I ever liked her. She gave me all sorts of ****, and, well, Diael and Rebecca fought all of the time. She didn't respect us. I can't say that I never was glad she was gone but," Tora's voice quavers. "I'm sorry, Chashne. I never thought about it from your perspective." Tora scratches her head nervously. "After Diael died, I had a really hard time. Really I only got through it with help from my friend. I just hope you and I can work more productively that our predecessors." She slaps a hand onto Chashne's shoulder. She give him a confident shake.

"I'm damn ready. Ready to cut people up. C'mon, we gotta do it. Slice people," Black Dhalia tells Ash.

Winslow's Lab
    Winslow

Spoiler: Spoilers for some people, read at own risk
    Show

"The bots look like bots. I guess they look pretty cool. Strong. Predatory. I think a big issue is that they don't have any drive. You can't have good lieutenants if you don't have anyone who'd claw their way out of the regular dealers." Of course, Rebecca thinks adding ambition to robots is a good idea. She probably thinks she can single-handedly destroy any oncoming robot uprising.

"Leon," Rebecca asks. She tilts her head in thought. "Can't say I know that one.I guess he's not every high ranking..." Rebecca had a good memory and a high level of intelligence. Of course, someone she doesn't know wouldn't impress someone as arrogant as her. Winslow is probably going to have to find someone less full of herself to gloat. "Listen, a steak dinner sounds delicious. I need some real meat to get my protein. An alpha mother****er like me wasn't made to live on vegetables alone."

Rebecca gets off of the bed. She walks over to Winslow, grabbing her on the upper arms. "Why don't you move up in life. I could use a night out. I've been cooped up in here for so long, and I haven't had any real food. I'm sure I'll throw up if I have to eat another slice of white bread." She looks down on Winslow with her amber eyes, like a lone wolf eyeing cornered prey. Naturally, she can't be let out just yet. Her survival is still a secret, in order to keep the new developments that went into her under wraps.
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2017-12-29 at 04:03 AM.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Ogre in the Playground

Ash Arashi
    Level 12 | HP: 77/77 | AC: 12 | Turn attempts 0/10 & 10/10 | Empty Nightstick

He put up his hood, but first he waved his hand towards his companions, pulling out his Nighstick in order to augment his spells with the divine power it granted, letting the spell take hold of their and his own body and stay, persist. And yet, even though usually it'd be his limit... he could feel that he could go for one more.

'This is... odd. But I'm not going to complain.' He thought, before with a few more gestures his body felt lighter, his clothes felt as if they restricted him less. He grinned as he put away the staff.

"Then let's go." Making sure his body was covered and his hood was up, he walked towards and into the building.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Spells persisted:
    Mass Lesser Vigor on entire Team.
    Freedom of Movement on Ash

18. - Top - End - #288
    Bugbear in the Playground

Proto

The small 'bot readies his belt, makes sure everything is properly attached and nods at the comment about not making a fuss.

"Would rather not go beyond protocol
    Recover lost artifacts.
    Avoid violent altercations.
    Understood."

19. - Top - End - #289
    Troll in the Playground

Chimera

Chashne looks at Tora, a little startled. Depends what you mean by respect, I suppose. She wasn't fair on you, but then she wasn't fair on most people, herself included. If she hadn't thought you were an asset to Diael, then you wouldn't have been caught in the crossfire. He lets out a breath. It's good you had people to talk to.

He glances up as Ash starts moving, and drifts after him.

20. - Top - End - #290

Leon Gloryborn

"We're not meeting her. I am. Tomorrow... at 8pm." He groans and slumps his shoulders. "I expect appreciation." His eyes drift to the sleeping Lahala. "If we tell her we've got a short assignment she'll stay here."

Spoiler: Elspeth Winslow, Master Artificer
    Show

"That's how we're slowly overrun by robots." Winslow nods with disapproval. "You can't take them on on your own, they'd have control of your bionic appendages in pico-seconds, especially if they were designed by me."

"Leon is a handsome man who is in love with me," she flashes a glory shot from her phone for Rebecca. "and no, you cannot leave. I will order you food."

21. - Top - End - #291
    Titan in the Playground

Cultist Meeting Hall
    Ash Chashne Proto

Having prepped themselves for their meeting, the team heads inside as Tora waves goodbye.

Inside the room is a reference desk, which is to be expected given that the building was probably a library formerly. The large wooden desk is empty. To either side is a pair of doors leading to different parts of the library. A sign announcing a regular meeting points you to the left. Through the glass, of the door to the left, you can make out a large number of cultists discussing past events in a large meeting room.

Leon’s Apartment
    Leon and Jack

“So, what do we do until then? And is she really that bad?” Edinah asks. She zips up her jacket in the cold. “Even better, what are we doing out here, Jack? Either way, unless we can get to the Faerie we’re probably stuck waiting. I guess we could go to Luka’s place, and try and suss out some clues. Maybe something he has could help us figure out what he was up to. I’ve always wanted to try, but I don’t think Lahala would have let me. I guess the other option is to try and grill Tora for more information. I don’t think we can get a whole lot out of her, though. She gets pretty cagey when it comes to him.”

Winslow’s Lab
    Winslow

Spoiler: For some people
    Show

“What, did you get these things WiFi or something? That’s just plainly insecure. How can you both be aware of cyber security risks and at the same time entirely careless about it? Ugh, worse still is you gave magical components something that’s hackable...” Rebecca groans as she lets her left hand off of Winslow to roll her shoulder. “Well, I guess my Tenser’s field is too strong for any magical interference, and I can develop a strong enough EM one to jam any mundane attacks.” She looks to the side in thought, muttering to herself. Rebecca’s speciality is Abjuration. Before her apparent death, she was responsible for the guards and wards at the Guardian tower. She’s familiar with all sorts of security systems, both magical and electronic.

She snaps out of it when Winslow shows her Leon’s photo. “Well, I can tell you one thing, he’s not as good as me.” She moves in closer to Winslow, probably less out of a sense of attraction and more to fish for a compliment. “Dinner sounds lovely,” She says with a toothy grin. Rebecca is going to be less receptive to bragging. Harry, one of the other lab workers on this floor, would be better for that.
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2018-01-02 at 06:03 PM.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Troll in the Playground

Chimera

Chasmne shrugs, and wanders through the door to the right, looking for exits, stairs, and any sign of security in operation.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

Outback Jack Malloy

"Sorry about that, guess I'm just eager to get things done! Please, feel free to lead in as you see fit, lass. I still need to get to know the area, ha!"

24. - Top - End - #294
    Ogre in the Playground

Ash Arashi

Stepping through the door to the left, to join the meeting and getting Chashne enough time to investigate this building.

"Ah, sorry for being late to the meeting, so embarassing..."

25. - Top - End - #295

Proto

Proto advances, cloaked, finds a tranquil corner to start scanning the area for magical detection and traps.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Hide: (1d20+17)[28] in a corner in order to cast Detect Magic.
    Concentrate on the spell and look at the people with the most auras along with the walls where traps and other alarms might be placed.

Using his knowledge of modern building rules, he also tries to make sure he doesn't forget any normal place for anti-intrusion systems to be placed.
    Kn(Architecture): (1d20+31)[46] *using Inspiration on Knowledge(Architecture)*

Finally, start scouring the place for any hidden compartments
    Search: (1d20+29)[37]

26. - Top - End - #296
    Titan in the Playground

Cult Meeting Hall, West Wing
    Proto and Ash

Ash and Proto settle into the room, with Proto hiding in a corner. The building is a couple of centuries old, far before any proper deterrents were invented for intruders. There are no hidden compartments in this room, either. As for spells, there is a general abjuration or two in the area. Probably a typical scrying and teleportation ward of some kind. No one person is wearing any large amount of spells, but a few of them have auras that might indicate magical items, including the first speaker, and many of the audience has been enchanted.

Ash's apology falls on deaf ears. The people he sits next to are eerily still, not reacting to him or making any kind of motion at all. The people who are active are debating the recent attack on their special guest speaker yesterday.

"As you may already know, I believe it was a sectarian act," says one of the familiar cultists, apparently ones of the ones who stuck around during the last fight, standing to address the first speaker, who is at the front of the room behind a table, presiding over the meeting with two other senior members.

"Oh, not this again. Bob with his freaking sects," a female cultist grumbles.

A cultist stands up. "Hell yeah me and my 'freaking sects!' Sheol Epistemologists represent!" A few cultists join in with some claps before another throws a book at Bob to get him to sit down.

The first speaker has his hands in his hood, presumably rubbing his temples. "Thank you for the report, Mr. Krulwich. Sheol smiles upon the gatherers of knowledge. That being said, I think I'm glad to hear that whoever it was didn't show up. The last thing I need is someone slowing down our plans."

Cult Meeting Hall, East Wing
    Chashne

Chashne heads to the door to the right. Past the door is a stair case, which leads down to the basement as well as up to the second story. The stairway is quiet. It seems that most the cultists are gathered in their meeting room.

Leon's Apartment
    Jack and Leon

Edinah shrugs. "Well, I don't want Tora to see me like this. It could blow my cover. I guess that mean's we'll check out Luka's stuff. Honestly, I love digging through a Guardian's things. They always have the best stuff." Edinah leads the team to Luka's place. The small house's plants are still dying due to neglect.

"Hey, you're a Guardian right? Have you ever met Luka?" Edinah asks Jack as she fiddles with the lock.

Spoiler: Laird
    Show
    Totally up to you if you met Luka.
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2018-01-09 at 09:17 PM.

27. - Top - End - #297
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

Outback Jack Malloy

Jack watched Edinah's efforts intently, even going so far as to extend his own perceptions magically*.

"Luka, aye. I spoke with him one at a seminar on the veterinary care of magical beasts. Seemed like an alright guy. Kinda makes ya wonder what he's hiding."

Spoiler: *
    Show

That'll be Detect Magic on the door and the area just inside with particular interest in magical intrusion countermeasures.

28. - Top - End - #298

Proto

His general analysis of the place done, Proto notes and communicates who has the most powerful magical items as well as the fact the unresponsive cultists are probably under some form of magical trance to the rest of the party.

He keeps focusing his mind to make sure he doesn't trip any form of magical alarm as he heads further, away from the reunion, using his knowledge of the building's layout to find the place the head librarian's old office would have been.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Ogre in the Playground

Ash Arashi

Now, obviously if he left with Proto now, and started exploring, well... The cultist would notice something is off. A few newcomers enter and immediately wander around building instead of being at the meeting? Yeah, right. Thus, he sits there and listens.

30. - Top - End - #300
    Troll in the Playground

Chimera

Chashne gives a cheery little wave to the othes, motions that he's going down, and then heads to the basement.