New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Guardians: Requiem of a Slumbering God (IC)

Guardian Manor
    Fierhan and T’kit

“Hm... come to think of it, I guess I would not know,” Caerulea says thoughtfully. “However, I have thought of it considerably. Come with me, child.”

Caerulea leads Fierhan through out the manor, to Diael’s lab. Inside this large room are an assortment of ice sculptures that look like Sissy. Each one is beautifully constructed, with an incredible attention to detail. They glisten brilliantly in the moon light filtered through the floor to ceiling windows in the room. Despite the room temperature, they do not seem to be melting, either.

“As you know, Diael was my master when I in training, if I can call that person me,” she says. “Diael was an illusionist, a master of the world without. When Sissy’s sister, Prissy, died, he worked to create magic to reject the reality of his suffering. Eventually, his work was discontinued. To him, know that the creature he created wasn’t his real wife, completely destroyed the illusion. Like a sleight of hand, once you know the trick, it loses all magic to you.”

“However, I was trained in enchantment, the ability to alter the world within. In many ways, it’s like illusion. However, the person I was more pernicious than her master. She understood that all it would take to end her suffering were a few changes in the way she understood the relationships she shared with people.” She places a hand on one of the sculptures, her back turned to Fierhan. “What was left behind would no longer be tormented by what she saw, and would feel no compulsion to roll up the magician’s sleeve, as it were.”

Ash’s Backyard
    Ash

Ash standard in his backyard, examining the book in front of him. The night is cold, and the moon shines brightly overhead. The trees rustle softly in the wind as they shed their leaves. He stares at the book, considering its fate.

Then someone walking through the alley notices him standing there, by himself. It’s a girl, dressed in a large coat, with a hat and scarf. She sees Ash, and is suddenly interesting. “Hey, whatcha doin’?” She called out. Her curiosity overcomes her, and she hops over his back fence.

“Isn’t it a little cold to be out here all by yaself?” She asks. She spies the book. “What’s with the book, Mister? Looks like a good read.”

Leon’s Apartment
    Leon and Jack

“Uh, what?” Edinah is stunned as her bandages are undone. The wound is strange, like a clammy, wet bruise, but pale. If it’s some kind of magical malady, it’s unlike anything Jack has seen. When Jack starts it spell, it doesn’t seem to take hold, but Edinah withdraws her hand rapidly before anything certain could be determined. “Excuse yourself!” She says. “Ugh, now I’m going to have to rewrap. Why would you do that? Leon worked so hard to wrap it up.”
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2017-11-19 at 01:16 PM.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ogre in the Playground

Ash Arashi
    Level 12 | HP: 63/76 | AC: 28 Spent Nightstick, Turn Undead 6/9

He calmly lowered the book, letting his eyes taken in the girl that barged into his backyard.

"It is my backyard, and I'd say it's refreshing rather than cold. There's nothing better than curling up under blankets with a cup of hot chocolate to get rid of the chills. Don't recall seeing you before, do you just jump into people's backyards often?" he said, trying to keep his voice calm yet amused, with a small hint of disapproval. No need to get all angry at the girl, he cut time or bothered his neighbors when he was a young young kid too... Although he couldn't be sure of the girl's age.

"And it's just Ash, not Mister. I'm not that old yet."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    but it was several notebooks you said earlier
    Last edited by Yasahiro; 2017-11-20 at 01:28 AM.
    "If you can't slam with the best, then jam with the rest" - Charles Barkley

3. - Top - End - #243
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

Outback Jack Malloy

Jack spreads his arms and takes a half step back, "Like I said, not looking to trod on any toes!"

"So! What's there to know about around here and how can I help out?"
    Jack finds himself a seat and sits down with a grin. "I'll need to know the lay of the land and the critters in it if I'm to be of any use to you lot!"

4. - Top - End - #244
    Titan in the Playground

Ash's Backyard
    Ash

The girls puts her hands in her pockets, swaying energetically. "Hot cocoa, huh? Man, that sounds nice. I haven't had any in so long." She closes her eyes and smiles, sniffing the air as if there was some sweet fragrance present. "I'm not from this neighborhood though. I'm from thataways," she says as she wave noncommittally to the East. "I do just hop fences sometimes. Sometimes ya just gotta see what people have in their yards, ya know? Some say curiosity killed the cat, but I say satisfaction brought it back."

Her gaze settles on the notebook(s). "Anyway, Mister Ash, what are you doing with that book?" she asks again, more firmly than before.
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2017-11-21 at 08:06 AM.
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Firbolg in the Playground

Leon Gloryborn

As soon as Jack touched Edinah's arm, Leon had already instinctively produced medical materials with a tinge of embarrassment. "I don't think he meant anything by it, Edinah." He says as he takes her arm and seats her in the living room. "Lahala, if you could take over my duties in the kitchen for a moment, I'll take care of business with Jack and rewrap Edinah's injury."

If Lahala cooperates and is out of earshot.
    In hushed tones, Leon speaks privately with Jack. "You're a Guardian, Jack. You know how we keep our secrets tight, so know that I am trusting you to when I show you this." He lifts the bandage from Edinah's arm delicately. "Weeks ago the famed healer Luka went missing. His sudden absence is a great loss to the world, but matters are more pressing as he's the only one who an heal this." Showing him the watery wound, he grimaces. "Keep it to yourself, Jack. I need a Guardian accomplice, and it seems like you've volunteered by chance of fate."

Quietly, he then rewraps Edinah's arm with a practiced ease and a tender touch. "Don't pick any unnecessary fights, Edinah. We don't need Lahala poking into that arm of yours and you can't risk further injury." He makes eye contact with her. "Promise?"

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    To get Lahala to cooperate.
    Diplomacy
    (1d20+20)[38]

To get Edinah to chill.
    Diplomacy
    (1d20+20)[38]
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

Check out my Celestial Compendium!

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ogre in the Playground

Ash Arashi

He frowned, staring more firmly at the girl.

"Currently I am holding it and just... thinking about life. It's late, you shouldn't be wandering around like this. What if something were to happen, what would your parents say?"

Throughout this he tried to make sure this girl was who she was, along with trying to discern if she has any... ulterior motive. It was really late in the night and she just jumped into his backyard? Yeah, right.

Spoiler: Ooc
    Show
    Taking 20 on spot and sense motive. Dunno how long the latter will take. That gives me a 45 on spot and 42 on sense motive.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

Question Re: Guardians: Requiem of a Slumbering God (IC)

Outback Jack Malloy

"Ah, yes. Secrets, that which the Guardians guard more than anything else. Yours are safe with me." Jack nods in the direction of the kitchen, "From that one, too? You certainly make it easy on yourselves, ha!"

"So tell me! Above the table! What's there a new arrival needs to know?"

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ogre in the Playground

Fiehran

The nephilim follows quietly, listening to his mentor's wisdom. The longer she speaks, however, the more uncomfortable he becomes.

"What you say... it worries me, Caerulea. Distance, disconnect... that isn't strength. It's almost against the very essence of what we do, isn't it? This strength of mind is in connecting,
    touching spirits and effecting change."
    He pauses, sighs. "I'm sorry. I came to you asking for advice and training, but here I am contradicting you. Teach me, Master. I am ready." He bows in the formal way of the Islands, his mind flitting briefly to his mother before returning to focus fully on his shifu.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Titan in the Playground

Ash’s Backyard
    Ash

Ash’s friend frowns. “My parents? They wouldn’t say anything. They died in the Glass Beast attack a couple years back.” She smiles again, and clasps her hands together, and looks skyward hopefully. “I’m a Tramp, I wander around and do odd jobs to get by. But in a past life, I was a noble Prince, who fought to the death to defend his angelic people. So it’s all okay, I feel great. Now, what’s this about life?”

Ash looks her over carefully. She doesn’t seem to be in disguise, and has made no attempt to deceive him. She speaks her words in earnest, as if she truly believes the words she speaks about reincarnation.

The Glass Beast was a monster that attacked an area of low income housing. Chel’s mother died in the attack, and so did the Guardian apprentice that defeated the beast.

Leon’s Apartment
    Leon and Jack

“O-okay,” Lahala says. “Luka loves my cooking. I’m sure you’ll love it too!” She puts an apron on and heads into the kitchen.

Edinah begrudgingly allows Jack to handle her wounds. She smirks as jack gives her his assurance. “Secrets and lies, it’s always secrets and lies with your Guardians.”

Diael’s Lab
    T’kit and Fierhan

“I am not the one you’re contradicting. I can’t comment on the merits of interpersonal connections. However, the person I was disagreed with you. She had taken drastic action in efforts to protect herself from what she believed to be a fatal offense.” She turns away from the statue, and walks to Fierhan. She pulls up his chin with a single finger. “As a Guardian, I do agree that understanding is power. The more I understand people, the more power I gain over them. Never forget this, child.

CHASHNE’S BRAIN
    Chashne

Chashne’s wondering mind is thinking of women as he sleeps. However, as he dreams, he dreams of a memory of his later master, Rebecca Owens.

Rebecca was a brawny woman, with a strong jaw and black hair shaved at the sides, with the rest pulled into a ponytail. She wears a Guardian’s coat, reinforced with plate armor. She wasn’t known for her grace.

“SONUVA ****ING BITCH!” She screams as she slams her fist into a marble panel in the Tower’s wall. It cracks and buckles under the force of her attack. “I don’t believe this, Chash! That assignment was ours!” Chashne remembers this. Several years ago, when he worked under Rebecca, Diael was had received the assignment to work in this area from the highest tier Guardian and the Council. It was considered a prestigious position, as the Aspenheim Labs in the nearby forest were up for excavation.
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2017-11-24 at 01:13 PM.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ogre in the Playground

Ash Arashi

He could feel his eyebrows raise at that. She honestly believed that, so it was either her way of dealing with trauma of losing parents and being homeless and orphan... Or it was something deeper, perhaps involved with actual angels. Maybe a Rephaim?

That, however, doesn't matter. If there was even a chance that this girl was another victim of the attack of Glass Beast, like Chel's family was... Then he couldn't throw her out.

"Just some personal issues of mine, nothing you should worry about. Tell you what, I will start a fire in the fireplace and make some cocoa for both of us. We can't be too loud, got someone staying with me..." he thought about his own reactions to the girl before. "Sorry for being a bit rude there earlier, had a lot of stress recently. As for the book, well... You could say a friend of mine recommended it but it feels like it's really something I'd hate, so I haven't been able to bring myself to read it."

If the girl follows him into his house, or at least agrees to the cocoa, he prepares two mugs. One for himself, the other for the girl, with a bit of honey and cinnamon, along with a few tiny marshmallows. Even a guy has to let himself indulge sometimes, right?

And yet, during it his thoughts lingered on the Glass beast. He knew about the attack, but something seemed odd... The beast resembled a humanoid made of glass. But was it actually glass? A lot of things could look like it and be so reflective, like ice... that never melts. Diael was trying to bring back his wife, who was a nephilim, so is it possible for a copy of ice to came out wrong? Or even to also go monster, if its a replica of a nephilim?

11. - Top - End - #251
    Titan in the Playground

Ash’s House
    Ash

The Tramp face lights up when she’s offered hot cocoa and warm fire. She takes off her coat and other winter gear before sitting on her hands on the couch, her feet swinging excitedly.

She eagerly accepts the hot cocoa. She sips on it immediately. “Ouch,” she says quietly as she burns her tongue on the cocoa. “So who’re staying with? Is it your roommate? Your wife? Is she the one who gave you that book? What’s in the book? Is it a hard read? I love reading. Do you love reading? I wouldn’t pass up a chance to read a book a friend gave me. I wouldn’t pass up a chance to have a friend...”

Inside Ash’s head, Black Dahlia teases him. “Aw, ya called me your friend.” It sniggers. “Wanna talk about yer feelings?” Apparently it’s missing emotional intelligence as well.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ogre in the Playground

Ash Arashi

He took a sip of his own cocoa. Ever since he learned how to just wield fire, he's been quite resistant to heat, so burning his tongue wasn't a thing that could happen.

"Well, all in order then. Technically a roommate, friend and employee. She didn't give me that book. I don't know what exactly is in the book, other than the fact it might be very scary. It's a hard read, yes. I love reading in my free time, when I want to relax or even just focus on something else... I guess I could give it a read." He paused, thinking about the last question but also about the books. They might cause issues, trouble, if they were released. But if they were there for so long and Tora did nothing with them, then they were safe. Neither did it seem like Caerulea did something with them. Or at least SEEMED. And if he reads the notebooks... He could know how to recognize a fake. As for the girl... "If you want, I could be your friend. You can spend the night here, if you want. After that we will see, but first you'd have to tell me what's your name."

His thoughts went towards Dahlia. 'I mean, I could, if you were willing to listen. And I do consider you a friend, you gave me no reason not to and I'm basically trusting you with my life by using you in combat, aren't I?''

Show
    Tramp is meant to be the title or word for a person like this, right? You put a capital letter just cause, it's not her actual name... RIGHT? BECAUSE THATS SOME MY LITTLE PONY LEVEL STUFF.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Titan in the Playground

Ash’s House
    Ash

“Ah, the book is scary?” The Tramp asks as she blows on the cocoa pensively. “If it’s scary, what is supposed to be done about it...” She looks into her drink. “‘Tramp’ is fine. It’s what I call myself now.” She smiles when Ash says they can be friends. “I’m glad we can be friends. I like how you think. Plus a warm bed is nice change of pace.”

“Well, shaddup!” The sword says to Ash, in an embarrassed interjection.

Show
    Tramp is a title, as in she’s someone who is homeless, and also has to move around job to job. She has a name, of course, but she’d rather be called Tramp.

I guess she could be a pony. Scarfy Tramp.
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2017-11-26 at 06:37 PM.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Ogre in the Playground

Ash Arashi

'It's true, though.'

He took a look at Tramp. She won't tell anyone of this, but if she were to ever come across Cael, what with how she abuses power... But what if he is vague?

"Truth is... This book is dangerous and I think it needs to be kept out of wrong hands. I wasn't sure if my friend was doing good enough of a job protecting it... Or if they already failed and someone other than me knows about what's in it." He said. not that vague but what else could he tell a child?
    Last edited by Yasahiro; 2017-11-27 at 12:22 AM.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Titan in the Playground

Ash's House
    Ash

"Hm..." The Tramp gets up, and finishes her cocoa. "It has to be protected, Mister." She grabs it hands, pressing them against the volumes of Diael's notes. When she speaks again, she doesn't sound anything like herself. Ash can't remember her voice as she speaks, only the words. "Not just anyone cant be trusted with secrets like this. I know it can weigh heavily on one's soul, but it has to be done. The world is dangerous and full of people who would abuse the power of knowledge, but there are those who delight in it, and would respect it with the gravity it deserves. Guard this, and every powerful iota of strength you find. Give it to the right people when the time comes," she says.

When she is finished, she walks back to the couch and snuggles up in the blankets. "I can sleep soundly now," she says once again sounding the way she should. She snuggles up with the blankets, snug as a bug.
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2017-11-27 at 01:20 PM.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ogre in the Playground

Ash Arashi

His face tightened in the presence that this voice commanded, and yet... he steeled his voice.

"Who are you really? Is this separate personalities or have you been lying to me about who you are? And how do you even know there will be right people for this? I was seconds away from just letting it burn so it can't fall into anyone's hands before you appeared."

'Dahlia, get ready. I don't like this...'

17. - Top - End - #257
    Titan in the Playground

Ash’s home
    Ash

“I am the Tramp, the gestalt of Sheol and a human girl. I came into being after the Prince died. I’ve never deceived you, I only think of myself as the Tramp. I guess some people will call be a deity, but I’m not really into being worshipped. I just try to do the best I can for everyone.” The Tramp says. “And of course there will always be good people. The world wouldn’t run if people didn’t know how to use knowledge for the betterment of everyone. As for the book, it’s not your book, is it? Keeping it out of the hands of jerks is one thing, Mister. Burning other people’s property is another entirely.”

“Ooooh, I think I screwed something up,” the sword says to Ash, in his head. “Uh, this is who she says it is. I don’t think she’ll hurt us. Looks scrawny, too. I don’t think she’d put up a fight if she attacked us.”

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ogre in the Playground

Ash Arashi

He visibly relaxed, at least a bit.

I... see. Been a bit on edge recently. You are right that there are good people in the world and the book isn't mine, but if there was a spell that was a magical equivalent of a nuke, wouldn't that be dangerous enough to be destroyed? Or at very least, remembered by a good person but the physical copy destroyed?"

Thoughts flew through his head, though. If this was sheol... they just fought a blasphemous cult of her 'worshippers'. On top of that...

"I have to know, what is the situation with Rephaim, then? Do they just... find you as you are now and report to you? Do they pray to you and it just works even if you don't consider yourself a deity? And... if you want to help, why are nephilim turning into monsters, why not stop that? Is it that being Tramp now took away powers you had?"

He took a deep breath and looked at his empty mug of cocoa, along with another look at Tramp's.

"... should I make another cocoa for you?"
    Last edited by Yasahiro; 2017-11-27 at 02:34 PM.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Titan in the Playground

Ash’s House
    Ash

The Tramp drools at the mention of hot cocoa. “Yes, yes, more please.” She continues to answer Ash’s questions. “Well, nuclear science has given rise to a number of inventions. I wouldn’t just because something can be use destructively, doesn’t mean it can’t be use constructively. If you burn it, and then you die, it’s gone forever, but you are right it would be safer.”

She sits upright on the couch, still wrapped in blankets. “The rephaim are servants of mine. Some consider me a deity, others don’t. They’re as varied as people themselves. Of course, the mortal concept of a deity is a little different from the concept than mine.” She sighs at the mention of the nephilim. “That is an unfortunate side effect of the process. I can’t say how frequent it is normally, but it seems more than it should be. Fixing it would mean completely removing all of the arcane magic from humans, which is firstly impossible, and secondly not something I want to do.” She shrugs. “Being the Tramp might mean I’m weaker, but most of my work I do in a lab or the like. Simply put I don’t have any of the stuff I used to accomplish my greatest feats.”

20. - Top - End - #260
    Ogre in the Playground

Ash Arashi

He went to make some more Cocoa for himself and Tramp, coming back soon with it, passing the mug to Tramp.

"Might not be enough for greatest feats, but I have an unused basement so we could figure something out, if you're going to stay here. I meant what I said about wanting to be your friend and who you are doesn't matter... He did react suspiciously when she spoke in that... odd, perhaps deity-like way, but it could have been possession, by evil spirit, demon or so. He had to be sure then.

"You didn't answer, though. Do they actually report to you, those that do, or is praying to you still enough even while in this form? As for nephilim... Do you have any idea why it is more frequent than it should be? And, well, can psionics cause a person to go monster?"

'While I believe her, how are you SURE she is who she says she is? Just curious'

21. - Top - End - #261
    Titan in the Playground

Ash’s House
    Ash

“That’s very kind of you, Mister, but I am requiring some very powerful artifacts if I want to get any work done, ya know?” She take the cocoa, blowing on it ahead of time. “Having friend is nice, though.”

“As for the rephaim fellas, they don’t really work with so much anymore. Most of them are off doing there own thing. The Nephilim were definitely being manipulated by the Guardians, but I dunno if that’s a thing anymore. Bunch of guys got killed between then and now.” She sighs. “Sadly, my poor nephilim are still being used as scapegoats. Everyone says the prince was a monster, too. Psionic have absolutely no affect on it one way or the other.”

“Dude, I can feel it,” the sword says. “She feels the same way Diael did.
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2017-11-28 at 09:29 PM.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Ogre in the Playground

Ash Arashi

"Now, to be fair, you did say to keep and protect any iotas of strength I find, so situation might change on the artifact part, no?" He thought some about what she said, almost choking on his cocoa.

'Wait, but she's a fusion of a person and a god. And everyone says the prince was a monster... But that means...'

"You were Diael in past life?! Bu- okay, I need to understand this. When you say you are a gestalt of Sheol and a human girl, you don't mean from birth, right? Otherwise something feels off compared to the date Diael died, and some of his actions... Do those that you become a gestalt of are aware of the time where you were together? If you were to... defuse, let's say, how much of how you acted like would be what the girl you fused with acts like?"

23. - Top - End - #263
    Titan in the Playground

Ash House
    Ash

"Well, it's safe with me, I hope." Says says, chuckling a little. She finishes her cocoa, and puts the mug down on the coffee table. "Indeed, the prince was the better half of the Prince, Mister. He was brave and gallant and just really strong." She gets that wistful look in her eyes again. "I can tell you we're like two sides of a coin, but I can't really tell ya much more about my incarnations, Mister." she says while yawning. "It could put us in danger."

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ogre in the Playground

Ash Arashi

He nodded, but his thoughts were rushing.

"...You fused with Diael AFTER he finished working on the simulacrum spell, right?" Just some of his fear about her being the one to create it came up, even if he tried to squash it. However, he had one last question other than that. "As for rephaim... you said they are as varied as people are, that they are your servants but now most do their own thing. That seems different from what I know about most types of angels, how come they are so different?"

After she answered his questions, noticing her being tired, he figured he could try to do something nice "Just hold on for a moment longer..." he quickly, yet quietly to not wake Chel, went to get what he required. Upon coming back downstairs, his hands holding the thing behind his back he said "Despite everything, you're still a kid, so I hope this will make you sleep a bit better." He revealed what he was holding. A plushie resembling an onion-like animals with green root-legs and a cute face on it. How did it come to be in his house or why a grown man still had it was another thing entirely. He passed the plushie to her.
    Last edited by Yasahiro; 2017-11-29 at 06:50 PM.

25. - Top - End - #265
    Titan in the Playground

Ash's House
    Ash

"Yeah, Diael came up with the spell before he 'fused,'" she says, putting up air quotes. "He was going though some stuff then, mister. The rephaim are their own people, so unlike angels they weren't made from scratch. I can't really talk about it more without putting them in danger, Mister."

She gasps when she sees the onion doll. "It's adorable!" She grabs it and hugs it as she nestles into the blankets to sleep.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ogre in the Playground

Ash Arashi

Quietly, he walked out of room, turning the light off. The fire in fireplace would go out soon but it still offered some illumination and heat. "Good night, Tramp" he said quietly. Even though she was part a goddess, she was still a kid and a good one too.

His steps have taken him towards the lead safe that is almost required as a guardian. Before putting them in, he utilized the magic of scholar touch on them, to at least know somewhat of contents, although he will have to study them more deeply later. This magic saved his life in university. Once he is done, he put them in safe and, stretching a bit, he went to bed, to awaken next day

27. - Top - End - #267
    Ogre in the Playground

Fiehran

Fiehran thinks for a long moment about this, then nods his understanding. "I believe I understand, Caerulea. Still, there is a sadness around your words. I'm not sure if it is yours, or if it is simply my own interpretation of your tale..." he sighs, shaking his head. "I regret not having had the opportunity to meet the old you."

28. - Top - End - #268
    Titan in the Playground

THE NEXT DAY DAWNS

Leon’s Apartment
    Leon and Jack

The team has assembled in the morning. Lahala is still asleep in the living room. A real plan hasn’t coalesced, so the Edinah duplicate, know as Edinah to everyone present because they never met the real, “Prime,” one, is staring at her phone.

“So... should I just call Tora and ask what happened to our healer?” Edinah asks awkwardly.

The Guardian Manor
    Chashne Fierhan Ash Proto

The team has assembled their disguises and is ready to head out. The mission today is to get the rest of the artifacts from the Cultist HQ, to finally end their threat to the people of the city.

Chashne has had a weird dream, but maybe some drugs can get rid of those in the future. Thinking about his dead master isn’t going to help save the career he may or may not plan of killing, that’s for sure.

Ash left a note for his made about the girl on the couch. It’s be fine. Yeah, fine. Nothing can go wrong.

Proto has no material needs. He is content as always. Now he finally gets to straighten out this cult thing, hopefully for good this time.

Fierhan has received a bag’s worth of mints for his efforts and kind words. He’s fairly certain his master doesn’t understand their relationship, as he’s fairly certain he didn’t have a dry mouth until after he started his training with her.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Ogre in the Playground

Ash Arashi
    Level 12 | HP: 77/77 | AC: 12 | Turn attempts 10/10 & 10/10 | Full Nightstick

Despite outwardly seeming ready for battle, inward he was worrying. Not about Chel or Tramp, as they were safe. They should be safe. His current worry, however, was the fact that when he was getting in the morning, his eyes were different. Slitted, like a cat... or a nephilim. But the mission now came first, and after all he had an expert on all things nephilim stuff related in his house, so it will be fine... right?
    Last edited by Yasahiro; 2017-12-01 at 08:11 PM.

30. - Top - End - #270
    Bugbear in the Playground

Proto

Proto steps out of the lab, where he has been studying the night away.
    He looks shinier than usual, fully polished and gleaming with silvery light.
    Still, he dons his usual black cloak and hides his features neatly under it as they get ready to depart.

"Good morning."
    Last edited by Xgya; 2017-12-01 at 08:58 PM.