New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: A B Normal Werewolf Game or Meta WW II

That's perfectly fine. Though this is going to be the least normal werewolf game, so don't expect this to teach you anything about how they're normally played. This one is entirely just for fun.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    just for fun.
    In that case I think we need some randomness. Either a vortexes or someone who just randomizes people's targets in the night.
    Avatar made by Bradakhan| Other avatars.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TFT on quicktopic
    Oh no, Duck999 is a mason.

How can I possibly suspect you of being a wolf now? :(

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Duck: Mason. A really shifty mason, but a confirmed role nonetheless.

Slii: Slii is town. He looks better than Duck even with that mason claim.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

I don't know that pure randomness is the right way to go?

I like the idea of having both a Seer and a Fool in game, though. Maybe with interface rules and at least one role that can "switch" - like the opportunist - to make figuring out who is the Seer and who is the Fool more complicated?

Oooh wait, are you dragging the rules over from Meta WW? Because that definitely seems like not a good choice for first foray into playing these games on the forums.

I'm going to go ahead and drop out. I'll hop in to the next game - which looks like it's going to be "King of the Blind" starting on Sunday. Maybe see you guys then?
    Last edited by Ezeze; 2017-08-24 at 02:47 PM.
    "Nothing has to be true, but everything has to sound true." - Isaac Asimov (Second Foundation)

Avatar by Serpentine. Ezeze-doll by Recaiden.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

I feel like I was just asked if were were ordering pizza while in a chinese food place. The rules I'm using for this game are the rules listed for this game, not some other game.

Thank you Duck for being the first person to actually answer the role question.

As it's getting close to when this game should be ending recruitment, in theory, I have some more questions.

How long do people want the Day phase to last? 48 hours or 72? What about the Night phase?
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2017-08-24 at 04:17 PM.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

I feel like I was just asked if were were ordering pizza while in a chinese food place. The rules I'm using for this game are the rules listed for this game, not some other game.
    A) You don't need to be rude. A simple "no, they are not related" would have sufficed.

B) It's a pretty reasonable assumption that "Thing II" has some relation to "Thing," especially when they were designed and narrated by the same person. You also didn't include the base rules for Werewolf in your first post, probably because you didn't expect that you needed to; after all "WW" is right there in the title. The same thing is true for "Meta WW."

C) Chinese & Pizza is a thing that exists.
    "Nothing has to be true, but everything has to sound true." - Isaac Asimov (Second Foundation)

6. - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground

Expressing confusion and being rude aren't the same thing. I'm really not going to apologize for having a personality rather than responding like a robot.
    Chinese & pizza being a thing doesn't make it any less confusing of a thing.
    As for why I didn't establish the base rules of werewolf, you're largely incorrect. Given I'm asking people for teams and roles (and thus in effect also special mechanics people might want to establish) and the special style this game is already going for, I couldn't establish what the more detailed rules would be until I take all the suggestions and put something together from them.
    I'd appreciate it if you don't bring in hostility to a game you've withdrawn interest from. If you don't have something constructive to contribute and you're not going to play, it might be best to save your energy for things you are going to actually participate in or bring something positive to.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

Expressing confusion and being rude are not the same thing - but you managed to do both.

My withdrawal was based on the assumption that you were using Meta WW I rules and that it was therefore a very bad fit for a new player.

You said that wasn't the case.

I specify was because now my withdrawal is based on not really wanting to play with someone who thinks "basic politeness" is indistinguishable from "responding like a robot."

That is not how you treat someone just because something obvious to you was not immediately obvious to them.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

I'm sorry you felt I was being rude to you by expressing confusion and saying I was not giving you an apology it seemed implied you wanted over my being confused or expressing confusion. I still don't feel "basic politeness" includes mind reading to be able to know what offends people or why when I don't mean offense and they don't explain or listen when I tell them I didn't mean whatever offensive thing they decided I meant. If that kind of thing is a deal breaker for you, I suggest you start by making less assumptions about other people's intentions.

9. - Top - End - #39
    TheDarkFoo
    Guest in the Playground

Hullo. I'd like you to know I joined these forums specifically to play Werewolf(or as I know it, Mafia) here. Especially crazy games like this one.

In.

As for suggestions?

What with all the lethality you've got, some way of bringing players back from the dead might be nice. I've got three ways of doing that right here.

First is the Necromancer, a neutral. His ability is to bring a Good player back from the dead as a Zombie that wins when the Necromancer wins. The Necromancer wins when all players who aren't either him or a Zombie are dead. His main weakness is that when he dies, all his Zombies die as well.

Second is the Gatekeeper. He can open the gate from the spirit world to the real world, resurrecting a player of his choice, however, there is also a 50% chance another random player gets through the gate and is revived as well. This role isn't particularly alignment dependent, they could be Good(Town), Neutral(Third Party) or Evil(Mafia), though you would need to come up with some special win condition if they were Neutral.

Third would be a standard Reviver, with a shotted ability capable of bringing one player back from the dead.

For maximum hilarity, include all three.
    ...edit: Except without winning.
    Last edited by TheDarkFoo; 2017-08-25 at 05:21 PM.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

Thank you Duck for being the first person to actually answer the role question.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    A role that thinks they have a night kill but actually has a bane.
    A voider who thinks they give people shoes in the night.

As for the phases, 48 hours for both.
    Last edited by Xihirli; 2017-08-25 at 06:18 PM.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

TheDarkFoo, glad to have you. Nice suggestions!

*ignores Xihirli and her ideas that don't work when people know that's how those roles work*
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2017-08-25 at 07:07 PM.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground

But there will also be people with ACTUAL night-kills.
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

Will there be? Doesn't seem like it so far.
    Or if you meant your ideas would put night kills in the game, yes they would. But the "you think you're doing X, but in fact doing Y" doesn't work when they and everyone else starts out the game knowing that's what that'll mean. So this isn't really the game for that since there would be no mystery or confusion to it.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, someone gets a random power every night from the standard list (void, kill, bane, true!scry, false!scry, blindfool, vortex). They don't know what it is, but every night they have to pick one target (and a second one in case they get the vortex power) to do SOMETHING to.
    Show

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

I suggested vigilantes earlier, who are town night killers, but I understand my post was a little non-serious.

If it isn't too late for it I'll seriously suggest two teams (three if there are lots of players). Doesn't really matter for this game what alignment they are, I guess. It's hard to think anyone is not 'neutral' (or totally gonna claim town coz why not use peoples' ideas town = good to stay alive), given the description and wincons. Each team has a night kill but the teams aren't connected to begin (unless of course someone suggests something like masons or traditional wolf team), they secretly submit a vote.

EDIT - Almost forgot, I prefer 48h days over 72.
    Last edited by Rain Dragon; 2017-08-27 at 06:28 PM.
    I go by they/them/their or he/him/his pronouns

16. - Top - End - #46
    Titan in the Playground

Ah, sorry if I missed that. Adding vigilantes in.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

Well I probably should have already closed recruiting at this point, but the next game scheduled hasn't started and that was the thing I was waiting on as a push to actually close recruiting if player numbers were low so.... *shrug* I think I'll wait a few more days before closing recruiting while I figure out in more detail how I want to combine the suggestions together.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, someone gets a random power every night from the standard list (void, kill, bane, true!scry, false!scry, blindfool, vortex). They don't know what it is, but every night they have to pick one target (and a second one in case they get the vortex power) to do SOMETHING to.
    I will call them... Marthas.
    Show

19. - Top - End - #49
    Titan in the Playground

Ok Recruitment is closed now. Game will start after everyone has confirmed in their QT they've gotten them.

20. - Top - End - #50
    TheDarkFoo
    Guest in the Playground

Excellent.

... do you like, receive a link to a quicktopic via PM or something?

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

I have not gotten mine. Though my inbox has room, for a change.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Titan in the Playground

Yes, that's what will occur shortly.

Game Rules
    (These will be added to the first post.)

No PMs!

During the Day Phase each player may vote in red to lynch a player. The player with the most votes at the end of the day gets lynched and dies (probably). Ties result in the death of a randomly determined player.

During the Night Phase, players with Night actions may use them. In addition, every player may choose to make up a night action to perform each night, with unknown chances of success. This is done instead of a role granted night action, not in addition to.

Dead players are allowed to post and vote, though if you're dead you vote doesn't count.

Scry Interference Rules: ~A Mystery!~

Everyone starts game with 1 Gold. Gold spent in The Store goes to random player. Gold on a player that dies gets randomly split amongst people responsible for their death. Store purchases are done publicly during the Day Phase in bold goldenrod.

Cancelling votes or store purchases is done by editing the original post for them and crossing out the vote or purchase.

Have fun!

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thy television set!
    pc0mxOXbWIU
    That is all.
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2017-08-31 at 11:04 PM.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

To give everyone an update, we're still waiting on two players to check in. Their names share 0 symbols.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

Come on you two. =p
    I'm looking forward to my first game back on the forums in like, a year.
    /taps fingers impatiently
    I go by they/them/their or he/him/his pronouns

26. - Top - End - #56
    Titan in the Playground

Well that one last person hasn't check in. If anyone knows anyone who might be willing to replace them, that'd be great. Otherwise we'll just start as is on Sunday (or Monday if things occur and I'm unexpectedly busy on the weekend as occasionally happens).

27. - Top - End - #57
    Bugbear in the Playground

Just a heads up, my part of Florida is about to get creamed by a hurricane, and we're probably going to be losing power for at least a few days, possibly longer. So if I'm not around when the game starts, that's why.
    I'm a Prestige Class! Thanks Zaydos!

28. - Top - End - #58
    Titan in the Playground

Thanks for letting us know. If this is a likely problem for anyone else too, let me know and I'll probably delay the game starting.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Pixie in the Playground

Chimera

Well that one last person hasn't check in. If anyone knows anyone who might be willing to replace them, that'd be great. Otherwise we'll just start as is on Sunday (or Monday if things occur and I'm unexpectedly busy on the weekend as occasionally happens).
    I can sub in, now that my game is done.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Titan in the Playground

Ok then, with Indarra replacing RoTWS we'll certainly start on Sunday (hopefully). Unless more people note some reason to delay.