Hey guys.. SO a few weeks ago I found out that this game even existed and I was beyond PUMPED to find out that it had been updated and even more civilizations were added.

I played a map on line just now and though it lasted like 4 hours I HAD SO MUCH FUN!

it was a historic based map. we had Europeans/Christian forces vs the middleseastern-north African/muslim forces on the Real World Map Middle East.

it was
Me; Byzantines
Guy1 Britons
Guy2 Teutons
Guy3 Franks
VS
Guy4 Persians
Guy5 Saracens
Guy6 Berbers
Guy7 Turks

I west set up on the far west side of the map I guess where the suez canal is, the Franks were to the right of me in kinda... Syria. The teutons were where Iraq is and the Britons were in Iran. The Persians were Oman and UAE are, and the Turks were chilling in the middle of Saudi Arabia, The Saracens were in north Egypt and the Berbers were Sudan.

The first 'casualty' was the Teutons who got wrecked HARD by a combined Persian and Turkish force. I was busy defending my flank against combined Saracen and berber raids with he occasional help from the franks. The franks did send a sizable army to attack the turks, but were too late to save the biggest part of the Teutonic lands, leaving only a Barracks, Monastary, lumber mill, and a Stables. I told the player to send his villager at the lumbermill to my inner base ( I always build a palisade wall around my initial town center to keep jerks from taking my sheep) so that he could rebuild. I have no idea why they would not. As the last of the Frankish army was getting wrecked in Turkish lands I finished building my army, I had JUST reached imperial age about 20 minutes after anybody else due to the whole having to spend resources to keep mine and the Frankish flank defended. I managed to create then upgrade all the way, 30 halberdiers, 30 elite skirmishers, and 12 hand cannoners and march them to the Turks, at the same time Briton.. who up to this point had just kinda send raiding parties into combat, both land and sea. Had a massive army of 2 handed swords men, elite longbowmen and capped rams to fight the Persians who had just lost a sizeable army attempting to break through my fortifications. As I was marching my large army to attack the turks the Franks sent a large army down to attack the Saracens, which allowed me to set up my own defensive position there, with castles, keeps, and bombard towers. The Frankish army of course did not do much, but it bought me enough time to finish my defenses which STOPPED any further excursions into our flanks. The Franks amassed another army of paladins, eite axe throwers, trebuchets, and pikemen, our combined force attacking the turks put an end to them and after losing their 2 town centers and about half their lands they surrendered. our army then turned to the Persian force who was holding up decently against the Britons, I guess war elephants are pretty awesome.

the Franks with their paladins managed to get their sooner than I did and the Persian player quickly lost. AT this time I noticed the Britons had a MASSIVE navy and was in a HUGE battle against the 3 enemies still in effect with some minor help from the franks.. who seemed to only make fast fire ships.

The Berbers and Saracens managed to do some damage to my western flank's fortifications and got an army through and was killing the Frankish base. The Frankish army managed to get back and defend fast enough to keep too much damage being done. I then started researching my cataphract upgrades, my ship upgrades and calvary archer upgrades.

The franks created another army and marched up over and down to attack the Saracens.. Only to be met by a crazy amount of mamalukes, genitours, pikemen, hussars, camel archers, and an assortment of other units. Since the opposing force was mostly anti-calvary the franks got WRECKED Hard. I managed to heal the remain of my infantry I had about 6 halberdiers left, and 10 or so each of elite skirmishers and hand cannoners. I marched them along with a new frankihs force, this time with more axe throwers than knights and managed to take out the majorityof northern defenses they two remaining enemy civilzations had in place, But we were not able to push past.

I then built a force of 20 cataphracts and calvary archers and charge the Saracens along with a 3rd Frankish army, Britons was cleaning up the buildings of the turks and Persians this whole time, not sure why they both had since resigned... and his navy was not doing so good against the other 2. I made a fire ship and 2 elite cannon galleys and proceed to, with the franks who finally managed to make some war galleys and not just fire ships push from the north down to the south where the massive enemy fleets were locked in battle with Briton's own

the combined army of the franks and my own managed to break through the northern Saracen and berber fortifications and armies, which at this time consisted of TONS of hussars, genitours and very few other units. We fought all the way down to what I assume was the original Saracen town center but were stopped.

I created another larger force of cataphracts and calvary archers and by now the Briton army was marching to the frank's and I's assistance.

We managed to smash through a newly set up defensive line, much easier this time now that we had dominated the seas, and sacked the Saracen lands to which the player resigned. We made our way to the berbers and were met by a massive army of hussars and genitours and after the force was defeated along with a couple buildings the berber player said GG and we won!

at the end I guess all the Saracen and berber forces had was food and wood.

I ended up with 4166 kills and 487 losses, the Britons had the most kill at 6000 exactly but they had something like 3800 losses.
I credit my defensives being stupid awesome for the kills which was enough till trebuchets started showing up.. good thing scouts are fast, LOL