New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Firbolg in the Playground

Griffon

Default Re: Baldur's Gate Solo Cavalier Run - Advice and Discussion Welcome!

You don't play NWN for the graphics, you play it for the horribly broken class combinations, the ability to push a talking sword through the face of a sarcastic frost giant... and something about a heart-rending storyline and a true friendship with a Kobold.

...Damn, now *I* want to do a play-through of NWN....

Quote Originally Posted by Lector87 View Post
    It was also the first game that didn't work because my PC's graphics card wasn't good enough. NWN is the reason I started to learn about graphics cards, RAM, processor speed etc.
    You and I are kindred spirits; absolutely everything in that sentence, is exactly as I remember it, too.
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

2. - Top - End - #242
    Titan in the Playground

In my case it was actually Baldur's Gate that did it. Yes, my computer was so bad it couldn't run Baldur's Gate.

I came to Neverwinter Nights too late to actually appreciate it. By the time I got it almost hilariously cheaply on GoG, I couldn't find myself enjoying it.

Of course I do remember the guy in BG 1 saying he was going to spend some time later in the year in Neverwinter, and then the game was delayed and now it's just funny.
    I am trying out LPing. Check out my channel here: Triaxx2

3. - Top - End - #243
    Barbarian in the Playground

Alea jacta est - I've begun Lady Gerd's adventure through Amn!

New thread here.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Librarian in the Playground Moderator

I also get very frustrated by anything sporting 3.x mechanics (except Icewind Dale 2, for some reason).
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    *Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
    *The One Deck Engine: Gaming on a budget
    Written by Me on DriveThru RPG
    There are almost 400,000 threads on this site. If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Titan in the Playground

IWD2 is probably one of the most enjoyable versions of 3.x I've played. Temple of Elemental Evil was good, but even with the Circle of Eight it was very slow to get started.
    I am trying out LPing. Check out my channel here: Triaxx2