New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Princess Panic! The Kingdom Is Yours! [IC]

Talia
    HP 36/36
    AC 18

Talia blocks the first dagger with her immaterial, but apprently still hard enough, blade, evades the other with a motion so fluid one might question whether she actually have a spine, and speaks a quick formula before swinging the blade again, this time glow of the blade not smooth and flat, but rippling with tiny lightnings.

Spoiler
    Show
    Bonus action: cast Thunderous Smite
    Action: attack!
    Attack: (1d20+8)[19]
    Damage: (1d8+8)[13], plus (2d6)[7] thunder, plus DC 14 Str save or be pushed 10 feet back
    Tome of Radiance, a Magical Girl sourcebook for 3.5/PF.

"Jamie" is fine. TH is mostly there to make sure the name would be free on any forum I'd want to register :-)

Extended signature

2. - Top - End - #92
    Colossus in the Playground

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    (1d20+1)[18] Strength Save

The messenger grits his teeth and bares it, staying firmly in place. However, he's looking worse for the wear-he can't take much more.
    Last edited by JNAProductions; 2017-09-01 at 12:27 PM.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

3. - Top - End - #93

He strikes out again, slashing with two quick blows, aiming to hit Talia in her legs.

Show
    (1d20+7)[8]
    (1d4+4)[8]

(1d20+7)[13]
    (1d4+4)[6]

Show
    Show

Show

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ettin in the Playground

Talia
    HP 36/36
    AC 18

Talia leaps high into the air, spreading her legs in a split mid-jump as the messenger's knives swing well below her, and, after landing, moves away from her opponent with a graceful one-handed back walkover before raising her blade and asking, "Do you per chance wish to apologize, sir?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Disengaging from melee and moving 15 feet away

"Jamie" is fine. TH is mostly there to make sure the name would be free on any forum I'd want to register :-)

Extended signature

5. - Top - End - #95

"Like hell I will!" he says, charging forward. His movements are slightly staggered, from his injuries, but he's still a solid threat.

Show
    (1d20+7)[17]
    (1d4+4)[8]

(1d20+7)[17]
    (1d4+4)[5]]

Show
    Show

Show

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ettin in the Playground

Talia
    HP 36/36
    AC 18/18

"You made your choice, sir", Talia nods as she, again, evades the knives by a fraction of an inch and thrusts her blade forward, "I won't ask again."
    Spoiler
    Show
    20 attack, 9 damage - rolled in the OOC

Extended signature

7. - Top - End - #97

The messenger takes a nasty hit to the gut. "You... Bitch..." he croaks out as he staggers over. He struggles to get his feet, but finds himself unable to.

"Should I..." the medic on hand says, gesturing to him.

Show
    Show

Show

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ettin in the Playground

"No need to", Talia raises her hand, stopping him, "I'll handle this man myself..." as she crouches above him and touches his forehead, releasing the magicla energy inside the messenger's body.
    "I hope you learned your lesson, sir", she says, standing up and looking herself over, "I'd like to take a bath to wash the blood away... could you please arrange that?" she asks the nearest servant, "Meanwhile, any official meetings requiring all of us' presence will have to be delayed, I'm afraid... of course, if anyone wants to speak to me personally, please guide them to my room - why waste time, after all?"

Show
    Lay hands for full 15 HP.

Extended signature

9. - Top - End - #99

The messenger gets blearily to his feet as the servant heads off to run a bath for Talia. The Harkonnen looks squarely at her, and is clearly thinking of doing something... But decides against it. "Are we to continue our meeting, then?"

Show
    Show

Show

10. - Top - End - #100
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Rosaline moves up to the messenger, still calm and smiling. "We shall, after our sister has had time to rest. That said you did...harm your diplomatic chances here. And I must warn you, any more aggressive acts. Will be dealt with." Rosaline leans in, to within a few inches of his face. "Personally."

11. - Top - End - #101

The messenger backs off. He grabs a servant and says "You-get me someplace to rest while the princesses do their make up or whatever." The servant nods, nervously, and leads him away.

Just as he's leaving, another courier (a human woman this time) enters in, clearly a bit tired from running. "Your hignesses!" she says, before taking a moment to catch her breath. "There's another diplomat here-this time from Sadida."

Show
    Show

Show

12. - Top - End - #102

Send her in. We'll explain what happened with Talia Lily comments.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

13. - Top - End - #103

"Yes, your highness!" the courier says. She leaves the area, heading for the front gate. After a few minutes, you hear a loud, steady, thump. Thump. Thump.

As the noise grows louder, the various guards around clutch their weapons, though don't draw them. The ones who are training look toward the entrance, sparring forgotten.

In comes a massive woman, standing easily 10' tall, coming to her full height as she draws into the open air of the training grounds. Her head is dominated by two massive eyes, and has horns curling forward, while her massive torso connects to a quadrupedal, lupine lower half. Her entire body is-not green, but made of plants. Her horns are a vibrant, bright green, while her eyes have a verdant glow to them. Her chest has armored plates of bark, as do her arms and the front of her lower half, while the top of her back (leading down through her four-legged half) is adorned with bright, budding flowers.

"Greetings. I am Orisa, sworn guardian of the Sadida's royal family, and acting diplomat for the kingdom."

Show
    Show

Show

14. - Top - End - #104

It is a pleasure to meet you.... Lily remarks slightly off guard by the plant woman but recovering quickly.

Our sister had something come up and will be here momentarily. What is your business with us today?

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

15. - Top - End - #105

"We have heard of your tragedy, and wished to offer our condolences, from the royal family all through the common men and women of our kingdom. We know that we have had little dialogue between our realms, but we have always considered you friendly," Orisa says. "If there is anything our kingdom can do, within reason, to offer assistance, I have been authorized to help provide it. And," she adds, "I have brought a gift for you."

She reaches back, and plucks the most prominent flower from her back-a large, jet black lotus. "This flower contains powerful magical force-though once used, the magic will leave the flower and it will die. Use it wisely."

Spoiler: Black Lotus
    Show
    This flower is brimming with magical energy. You can use it to cast a spell instead of expending a slot-it contains a total of 7 spell levels. You can use this to cast, for instance, two second and three first level spells, or you could use it to upcast a single spell to 7th level (despite not having 7th level slots yet). Do note it CANNOT be refilled.

Show
    Show

Show

16. - Top - End - #106

Thank you for your generous gift, in this time of trouble. Lily says sincerely, curtsying slightly.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Rosaline was like her sister momentarily taken aback. She recovered quickly and moved up next to Lily and bowed at the offered gift. "We greatly appericate the kind gesture. You'd be surprised how rare such a thing is these days..." She looks in the direction the other messenger had gone to and sighs.

"We apologize for meeting you out here. But we didn't want to keep you waiting. You've traveled far no doubt, would you like to retire to some place more comfortable?"

18. - Top - End - #108

"I require nothing other than sunlight and water. If you would not mind someone fetching me some water and allowing me to stay here in the courtyard, I would be more than satisfied."

Show
    Show

Show

19. - Top - End - #109

We'll get the servants on the water. Lily replies with a smile, and a grin towards Rosaline.

Servants! Eh, what did Dad always used to say. Lily remarks trying to remember.

20. - Top - End - #110

Being the guards' training area, there aren't many servants about. However, Castellan Crowe, your captain of the guard, is present and not doing anything, so he comes over.

Crowe is a powerful battlemage-lacking sorely in areas pertaining to anything other than a fight, in terms of arcana, but a potent and deadly threat nonetheless. He eyes up Orisa as he approaches, giving her a cool, calm gaze. "Yes, milady?" he asks Lily, his eyes leaving Orisa for only a moment.

"Is something the matter?" Orisa asks, seeing Crowe's gaze.

"Nothing, ma'am. Well-nothing at the moment. You're clearly built for battle, and, well, you're standing right next to my sworn wards. I'm sure you understand that a measure of caution is appropriate," Crowe says, in a tone that shows a mixture of respect, caution, and civility.

"I understand," she says. "I assure you, I intend no harm to anyone here."

Crowe smiles. "I believe you. Now-sorry for the delay Lily-what did you need?"

Show
    Show

Show

21. - Top - End - #111
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

"We forgot we were surrounded by guards, and asked for some water for Orisa." Rosaline turns towards the nearest exit. "I'll go and fetch some myself." She smiles and bows to the others and jogs off to get some water for their guest. She also silently cursed. She wanted to tell Crowe to keep an eye on the other Messenger from Harkonnen. He was the one who worried her. He could hide and act in the shadows, Orisa looked too big to disappear from view.

22. - Top - End - #112

Show
    (1d20+6)[11] Insight check for Crowe on Rosaline.

"That's our Rosaline-always the kind one," Crowe says, shooting a smile at her retreating form.

"There's no need for her to do this," Orisa says.

"We all serve, ma'am. It's our duty to help people, not for the people to help us-it's good to sometimes do a servant's task to remind ourselves of that."
    Last edited by JNAProductions; 2017-09-05 at 11:16 AM.

Show
    Show

Show

23. - Top - End - #113

Lily grins even wider as Rosaline moves to help.

Why don't you tell us abit more about your homeland. Lily suggests brightly.

24. - Top - End - #114

"Of course," Orisa says. "Sadida is a wonderful place. The very land is alive with flowers and bushes, trees and other flora, and the people know it. They love it. Every home has a garden-with none larger or more impressive than that of the royal palace. People come from all over our country to see it, and to plant their own seed there-it's a rite of passage, of sorts, to make a pilgrimage to the palace and plant your own seed. I've not done that yet-my creators say I should wait till I can bud to plant my own seed. I was grown there, actually-in the palace's garden."

Show
    Show

Show

25. - Top - End - #115

Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    "Of course," Orisa says. "Sadida is a wonderful place. The very land is alive with flowers and bushes, trees and other flora, and the people know it. They love it. Every home has a garden-with none larger or more impressive than that of the royal palace. People come from all over our country to see it, and to plant their own seed there-it's a rite of passage, of sorts, to make a pilgrimage to the palace and plant your own seed. I've not done that yet-my creators say I should wait till I can bud to plant my own seed. I was grown there, actually-in the palace's garden."
    W.. wait... You're all plant? Lily asked waving her fingers all over the air around Orisa's body.

26. - Top - End - #116

"Feel free to touch," Orisa says. "And yes-my central skeleton is a variety of ironwood, as is some of my plating. My muscles are vines, and my brain is actually moss."

Show
    Show

Show

27. - Top - End - #117
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

It didn't take Rosaline very long to find water, the problem was how to transport it. After a few moments she decided to transport it in a large clay pot. It was large enough that it required two hands for her to carry it back. She took off her gauntlets to give her a good grip on it. She looked a little awkward carrying it back to Orsia. Turning aside any offered help as she sat it down.

"Whew, always heavier then you think it's gonna be. I didn't know how much you needed so I brought as much as I could." Rosaline smiled brightly at the assembled group.

"Soooo...what I miss?"

28. - Top - End - #118

"A few musings on life. Thank you, your highness, for fetching the water for me," Orisa says, and delicately places a forelimb into the pot. She closes her eyes for a moment, seemingly content.

As Orisa takes her drink, you hear loud footfalls, and soon enough, Baron Thraka comes out into the courtyard training grounds. "Princesses-are you all okay? I heard there was a combat. And... And I see a giant plant golem."

Show
    Show

Show

29. - Top - End - #119

We are well. Lily assured the man.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

"Oh don't worry about it Orisa." Rosaline smiled brightly again.

Rosaline waves at the baron, by putting her arm up in the air and waving wildly. "The Messanger from Harkonnen forced Talia's hand. She handled it. I hope he learned his lesson. She wasn't harmed but decided to wash up." The armored princess held out her hand to Orisa.

"This is Orisa she's from Sadida, on the Behalf of the Royal family. So far she's proved to be much more polite then..." Rosaline draws a blank and sweats a little. "Uhh...Lily? What was the name of the man Talia beat up again?" Her voice is a little nervous, this is one of the reasons why she didn't want to be Queen.