New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ettin in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

Default Re: Fallout Equestria: Tarts and Tribulations

"I... I..."

Choro had no sooner raised a hoof in greeting to the gathered group than the securitron fuzzed by and Thanatos profered his question. The little mare stammers, glancing back to Moonshadow with a guilty look, before replying. "If these are ponies up ahead, we should help them as soon as possible. We should at least check to make sure of that before heading to the server room and dealing with the facility proper. And to be safe, we should investigate in numbers. If only to provide covering fire."

With a deep breath, the little wizard raises her rifle, and passes Moonshadow back her flamethrower. "There are a lot of readings on my Pipbuck's Eyes Forward Sparkle. They're a mix of friendly and hostile. I'm not sure what that means, but everypony should stay alert." Facts given, Choro turns and proceeds after the Securitron, ready to light the way for those without night vision.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hazuki View Post
    Viridia was also there.
    When Strata noticed Viridia, she made a sound that sort of sounded like a squawk, but then she shuffled towards her. The ghoul elbowed the pegasus lightly, in a obvious attempt to get her attention, and motioned towards a spot on the walkway far enough away from the rest of the group that it could be considered 'private'.

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    "Better yet, would you kindly provide a few answers," Doc suggests. "Choro said there's a bunch of blips here showing up on her pipbuck. Are there other critters in this room? Hostile robots? Captured ponies? Cows?"
    "THIS UNIT HAS NO DATA REGARDING THE OPERATIONS OF THIS SECTION OF THE FACILITY." the giant robot replied, "HOWEVER, THE SECURITRON MK TWO UNIT SEEMS TO UNDERSTAND, AND WAS UNWILLING TO GIVE ANY ADDITIONAL DATA. I ARRIVED HERE THROUGH DISABLING A DISPOSAL SHUT, ON IT'S SUGGESTION."

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector Valin View Post
    "I... I..."

Choro had no sooner raised a hoof in greeting to the gathered group than the securitron fuzzed by and Thanatos profered his question. The little mare stammers, glancing back to Moonshadow with a guilty look, before replying. "If these are ponies up ahead, we should help them as soon as possible. We should at least check to make sure of that before heading to the server room and dealing with the facility proper. And to be safe, we should investigate in numbers. If only to provide covering fire."

With a deep breath, the little wizard raises her rifle, and passes Moonshadow back her flamethrower. "There are a lot of readings on my Pipbuck's Eyes Forward Sparkle. They're a mix of friendly and hostile. I'm not sure what that means, but everypony should stay alert." Facts given, Choro turns and proceeds after the Securitron, ready to light the way for those without night vision.
    [Choro should make some rolls, up to three.]

Thanatos watched as the filly started to bolt down the walkway, towards the enveloping dark, and slowly glanced at Moonshadow, with a deadpan look on his face. He didn't say 'Are you ****ing kidding me.', but it was rather implicit.
    Last edited by Dalinale; 2017-09-06 at 10:58 AM.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dalinale View Post
    When Strata noticed Viridia, she made a sound that sort of sounded like a squawk, but then she shuffled towards her. The ghoul elbowed the pegasus lightly, in a obvious attempt to get her attention, and motioned towards a spot on the walkway far enough away from the rest of the group that it could be considered 'private'.
    Viridia followed Strata. "Is this the part where we make out?"

4. - Top - End - #34
    Spamalot in the Playground

"THIS UNIT HAS NO DATA REGARDING THE OPERATIONS OF THIS SECTION OF THE FACILITY." the giant robot replied, "HOWEVER, THE SECURITRON MK TWO UNIT SEEMS TO UNDERSTAND, AND WAS UNWILLING TO GIVE ANY ADDITIONAL DATA. I ARRIVED HERE THROUGH DISABLING A DISPOSAL SHUT, ON IT'S SUGGESTION."
    "Eh, fair enough I suppose," Doc replies. He wasn't happy with the answer, but it made sense that Vaughn would only know what was needed for his job.

Thanatos watched as the filly started to bolt down the walkway, towards the enveloping dark, and slowly glanced at Moonshadow, with a deadpan look on his face.
    "Hey, Thanatos. You wanna drop some explosives with me to collapse the tunnel the slime monster dove into? Might keep it stuck down there, away from its 'nest' here."
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

Viridia followed Strata. "Is this the part where we make out?"
    Strata raised her eyes slightly at the suggestion, but shook her head almost immediately.

"No, you're wearing a rubber suit so you don't die, and I'm wearing stupid armor. Anyway, he say's he's a Olive? Thanatos, the spooky guy? I know a bit about the Olives, but I want to know how much you already know about them, because I just had a idea, and I don't like it, and I don't know how much of this is relevant."

"Eh, fair enough I suppose," Doc replies. He wasn't happy with the answer, but it made sense that Vaughn would only know what was needed for his job.
    Vaughn made a metellic noise that sounded like he was... almost sad? Whatever it was in robo-speak, Bertly flew up next to him and started to give Vaughn some reassuring pats.

"Hey, Thanatos. You wanna drop some explosives with me to collapse the tunnel the slime monster dove into? Might keep it stuck down there, away from its 'nest' here."
    Thanatos coughed.

"Instead of destroying anything outright, I would prefer to access whatever drainage systems are present here and shut whatever waste disposal systems that are here that drain into the lake. A giant slime in the lake would be disastrous, but if we can confirm that it is trapped in this building, far underground, that would be preferable. A quick... chat with the server here should assist in that."
    Last edited by Dalinale; 2017-09-06 at 11:08 AM.

6. - Top - End - #36

Strata raised her eyes slightly at the suggestion, but shook her head almost immediately.

"No, you're wearing a rubber suit so you don't die, and I'm wearing stupid armor. Anyway, he say's he's a Olive? Thanatos, the spooky guy? I know a bit about the Olives, but I want to know how much you already know about them, because I just had a idea, and I don't like it, and I don't know how much of this is relevant."
    "You mean Little Green? Yeah, I know him. I know that the Olives are a bunch of green ***** who run farms." Viridia said."Whatcha thinking about?"

7. - Top - End - #37

"Instead of destroying anything outright, I would prefer to access whatever drainage systems are present here and shut whatever waste disposal systems that are here that drain into the lake. A giant slime in the lake would be disastrous, but if we can confirm that it is trapped in this building, far underground, that would be preferable. A quick... chat with the server here should assist in that."
    "I suppose, but then again it could already be outside so... eh, damned if anyone knows how this place ever got built." Doc pats Vaughn, reassuring the robot he ain't mad at it. He then starts walking in the direction Choro had gone off to.

"Come on, let's go follow Choro and see what she throws herself in front of this time."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

"You mean Little Green? Yeah, I know him. I know that the Olives are a bunch of green ***** who run farms." Viridia said."Whatcha thinking about?"
    Strata coughed.

"Alright, the Olives were pretty famous, back when I was around. They came from this place called Neighples, which was a famous city far, far away from Equestria, and they were dirt poor. They worked in restaurants and laundromats and stuff. However, there was this one guy named Olive Mill who became a engineer, and worked for the government for a few years before starting Olive Hydroponics. If that doesn't ring any bells, they were subcontractors for Stable Technologies; allegedly, they built about half of farming systems for the Stables. They were pretty famous around here, because they had a giant complex built in the west end of the city, but I didn't know they had farming equipment on their property. Olive Mill was also supposed to have cracked at some point and went full-on crazy billionaire recluse, but I don't know much about that. My guess is, if that's still relevant, Thanatos wouldn't mind talking about why the Olives know about a place that makes food with high technology, because, back in my day, that was sort of the Olive's thing."

"I suppose, but then again it could already be outside so... eh, damned if anyone knows how this place ever got built." Doc pats Vaughn, reassuring the robot he ain't mad at it. He then starts walking in the direction Choro had gone off to.

"Come on, let's go follow Choro and see what she throws herself in front of this time."
    [Doc should make three rolls of his choice, too.]

Thanatos gave a amazed look at Moonshadow, and then turned his head slightly, apparently waiting for Stellar.
    Last edited by Dalinale; 2017-09-06 at 11:25 AM.

9. - Top - End - #39

Strata coughed.

"Alright, the Olives were pretty famous, back when I was around. They came from this place called Neighples, which was a famous city far, far away from Equestria, and they were dirt poor. They worked in restaurants and laundromats and stuff. However, there was this one guy named Olive Mill who became a engineer, and worked for the government for a few years before starting Olive Hydroponics. If that doesn't ring any bells, they were subcontractors for Stable Technologies; allegedly, they built about half of farming systems for the Stables. They were pretty famous around here, because they had a giant complex built in the west end of the city, but I didn't know they had farming equipment on their property. Olive Mill was also supposed to have cracked at some point and went full-on crazy billionaire recluse, but I don't know much about that. My guess is, if that's still relevant, Thanatos wouldn't mind talking about why the Olives know about a place that makes food with high technology, because, back in my day, that was sort of the Olive's thing."
    Viridia nodded. "So...you think I should ask him why the Olives know about this place, or...?"
    Last edited by Hazuki; 2017-09-06 at 11:33 AM.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

Viridia nodded. "So...you think I should ask him why the Olives know about this place, or...?"
    "Yeah." Strata replied, "I mean, if they're evil, now, then it's worth looking into."

11. - Top - End - #41

"Okay." Viridia flew back to the group and waited for a couple of seconds. "So how do the Olives know about this place, Little Green?"
    Last edited by Hazuki; 2017-09-06 at 12:02 PM.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

"Okay." Viridia flew back to the group and waited for a couple of seconds. "So how do the Olives know about this place, Little Green?"
    "I would be perfectly happy to tell you if you would stop calling me Little Green." Thanatos replied calmly, apparently still waiting for Stellar, like this was a hot date or something. Without the scarf, Viridia saw that his default expression was frowning, funnily enough, likely because, deep down, no matter how much he tried to look like he wanted to look like a brutal wasteland gangster with those tats and hair, he was still a Olive, deep down inside, which meant that he had relatives who said 'y'all' without irony.
    Last edited by Dalinale; 2017-09-06 at 12:40 PM.

13. - Top - End - #43

"I would be perfectly happy to tell you if you would stop calling me Little Green." Thanatos replied calmly, apparently still waiting for Stellar, like this was a hot date or something. Without the scarf, Viridia saw that his default expression was frowning, funnily enough, likely because, deep down, no matter how much he tried to look like he wanted to look like a brutal wasteland gangster with those tats and hair, he was still a Olive, deep down inside, which meant that he had relatives who said 'y'all' without irony.
    "No problem, Bitch."

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

"No problem, Bitch."
    Thanatos looked stunned for a moment, and then snorted in what was clearly low, repressed laughter.

"As I have previously stated to Moonshadow, the family learned of this area three months ago; there have been rashes of disappearances to the north and east of here; all communities clinging to the northern edge of the lake that been falling silent; there has also been odd sightings of unidentified flying objects near the lake. When one of our associated farming communities, Goodharvest, fell silent, we sent investigators, and they returned with some odd objects and grim news. After some independent research, members of my family located this factory; we have records of most significant pre-war businesses in the city, and this area is a conspicuous gap in our knowledgebase."
    Last edited by Dalinale; 2017-09-06 at 12:57 PM.

15. - Top - End - #45

Doc stops and turns to the side. This was a curiously interesting topic being discussed.

"A gap because you don't have the records, or because the records were expunged?" he asks.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

Doc stops and turns to the side. This was a curiously interesting topic being discussed.

"A gap because you don't have the records, or because the records were expunged?" he asks.
    Thanatos raised a eyebrow.

"Why would we expunge any records? If you are implying that we know more about this place before this started, then this would have been razed long ago. All the information we have on this place is that it was owned by a Equestrian shell corporation for some unknown larger company for the purpose of creating food products for griffons and other miscellaneous red meat eating citizens of Equestria, such as sphinxes and Purrsians."

Thanatos paused.

"Those were bipedal cats. I believe the last one in Tauronto was shot a few weeks ago."

17. - Top - End - #47

"No, you misunderstand," Doc corrected him. The green horse seemed a bit too quick to defend himself. "I mean expunged by someone pre-war that didn't want this facility's true nature known. Odd that records would be missing, yet the Overseer was talking about creating a world that merges product and consumer. I reckon it wasn't programmed to keep shut. Anyway, since your family knows of it now, how come they only send you, and I presume a hoof-full of others, instead of coming en mass to raze this place? "
    Digo Dragon - Artist

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

"No, you misunderstand," Doc corrected him. The green horse seemed a bit too quick to defend himself. "I mean expunged by someone pre-war that didn't want this facility's true nature known. Odd that records would be missing, yet the Overseer was talking about creating a world that merges product and consumer. I reckon it wasn't programmed to keep shut. Anyway, since your family knows of it now, how come they only send you, and I presume a hoof-full of others, instead of coming en mass to raze this place? "
    "It is highly improbable that a place such as this warranted any records sealed, regardless of it's apparent threat at the moment. We have records of our work with the Equestrian government, Stable Tec, and Hippocampus Energy. Believe me, my family have worked on projects quite nearly as bad as this, but this represents a threat to Equestria. As for the situation at hoof, the family sent a team of very well-trained and well established mercenaries here a week ago to investigate and eliminate it; they did not return. I arrived in town a week ago after a venture in Mountreal; I was told of the situation, and I decided to investigate personally. If it's needed, sending a demolition crew of griffons with heavy artillery is a option, but if it could be turned off, it would certainly be less of a risk for all involved."
    Last edited by Dalinale; 2017-09-06 at 09:44 PM.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Titan in the Playground

As Moonshadow spoke, Vaughn lowered himself until he was roughly at level with the ponies on the walkway.

"THIS UNIT COULD PROVIDE TRANSPORTATION." the robot said, loudly.

Thanatos glanced at the robot, still dripping a slight amount of molten metal, and glanced at Moonshadow.

"The securitron seems to be pursuing something that interests it; it also stated that destroying the server was it's main goal. Should I pursue it, or does that not match up with what you know?"
    Well maybe there's a back up server or something. Or the Overbot counted as a server. I don't know where we got that thing, so who knows how reliable it is. Moonshadow said.

"I... I..."

Or for pony sake Choro! Moonshadow yelled, speeding after Choro. The only thing that could threaten the ponies now are themselves, if they are insane, and robots. Disabling the server and all of the robots is protecting them! And it's a **** ton faster then rescuing each of those dots individually!
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ettin in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

"We can check what they are first. It won't take long, and that way other ponies can start rescuing them if they are civilians."

Choro does not stop for Moonshadow's interjection. However, she bends her head down, tapping at her PipBuck. "Half of them register as hostile. If they are ponies, some of them probably are insane. Wouldn't you be, after going through this? I'd like to know what we're dealing with before going to the server, because the server can lie to us. You just said that. Seeing the situation ourselves can only help with making sure we deal with all this properly and efficiently."

21. - Top - End - #51
    Titan in the Playground

"We can check what they are first. It won't take long, and that way other ponies can start rescuing them if they are civilians."

Choro does not stop for Moonshadow's interjection. However, she bends her head down, tapping at her PipBuck. "Half of them register as hostile. If they are ponies, some of them probably are insane. Wouldn't you be, after going through this? I'd like to know what we're dealing with before going to the server, because the server can lie to us. You just said that. Seeing the situation ourselves can only help with making sure we deal with all this properly and efficiently."
    Have you seen the size of this place? It's going to take forever. Moonshadow said, flying upside down above Choro so she can look her in the eyes as they move.

Not to mention we'll be dragged into another fight if we encounter any robots. The server shouldn't take that long, so even if it doesn't work, we won't lose much time. Moonshadow sighed. Look, how about this? Doc, Viridia,
    and the others can search the factory for any captured ponies while you and Stellar deal with the server.
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ettin in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

Choro lets her horn flare slightly, and Moonshadow finds a gentle force of magic trying to turn her right side up. It can't be safe to fly like that. Regardless, the little mare carries on, nodding at a point ahead of them. "It's a matter of yards. If the server was closer, I'd say do that first. As it stands, keeping the group together is the better course pf action. Either path could lead to a fight."

23. - Top - End - #53

"It is highly improbable that a place such as this warranted any records sealed, regardless of it's apparent threat at the moment. We have records of our work with the Equestrian government, Stable Tec, and Hippocampus Energy. Believe me, my family have worked on projects quite nearly as bad as this, but this represents a threat to Equestria. As for the situation at hoof, the family sent a team of very well-trained and well established mercenaries here a week ago to investigate and eliminate it; they did not return. I arrived in town a week ago after a venture in Mountreal; I was told of the situation, and I decided to investigate personally. If it's needed, sending a demolition crew of griffons with heavy artillery is a option, but if it could be turned off, it would certainly be less of a risk for all involved."
    "Well if the creators of this place didn't seal away their records, then there ought to be records somewhere. Either your family is having a heck of a time finding them, or maybe not everyone is on the same page about it," Doc says. "To wit, a threat of this magnitude and you're just thinking to 'turn it off'? Come on, even I could turn this place back on with a little time and a couple helpers. Someone must of done so a few months back. No, this place gets trashed. We're smashing robots and yanking out the servers for parts so no one can use this place again for grinding the eastern half of the city's population into burgers."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Well maybe there's a back up server or something. Or the Overbot counted as a server. I don't know where we got that thing, so who knows how reliable it is. Moonshadow said.
    Thanatos nodded at Moonshadow's words, and turned towards Doc again when the pegasus bolted after the errant unicorn.

"Well if the creators of this place didn't seal away their records, then there ought to be records somewhere. Either your family is having a heck of a time finding them, or maybe not everyone is on the same page about it," Doc says. "To wit, a threat of this magnitude and you're just thinking to 'turn it off'? Come on, even I could turn this place back on with a little time and a couple helpers."
    Thanatos raised a eyebrow, just slightly.

"Someone must of done so a few months back. No, this place gets trashed. We're smashing robots and yanking out the servers for parts so no one can use this place again for grinding the eastern half of the city's population into burgers."
    "It seems I misspoke; I did not bring this," the stallion paused, and hefted the grenade launcher he was carrying slightly towards the ceiling, "just for personal protection. I did not come in here without knowing what should be done here; I have already personally destroyed the assembly line above, and intend to destroy more of it. Nothing here is salvageable, and there is no purpose of a place like this in this world. If there is a mechanical heart to this place, however, pursuing it would be the most logical path to stopping the horrors here. If the behavior of the robots here are any indication, I wouldn't suggest even using any computer assets present here, regardless of their apparent utility."

25. - Top - End - #55

"Now that sounds more like the kind of plan I'd support," Doc said, finally finding something to agree upon with him. "Well, let's get moving. I'm sure you don't wanna linger here any longer, and our little wizard has apparently run off like a tumbleweed."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

26. - Top - End - #56
    Titan in the Playground

Choro lets her horn flare slightly, and Moonshadow finds a gentle force of magic trying to turn her right side up. It can't be safe to fly like that. Regardless, the little mare carries on, nodding at a point ahead of them. "It's a matter of yards. If the server was closer, I'd say do that first. As it stands, keeping the group together is the better course pf action. Either path could lead to a fight."
    I think the server is closer. It's only some 300 yards back that way and down the stairs. These dots are all over the place. Moonshadow said, flipping with the magic and flying alongside Choro.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

"Now that sounds more like the kind of plan I'd support," Doc said, finally finding something to agree upon with him. "Well, let's get moving. I'm sure you don't wanna linger here any longer, and our little wizard has apparently run off like a tumbleweed."
    Thanatos, after a few moments, nodded, and glanced at Viridia and Stellar after taking a brief look at Strata, who had started walking back towards the rest of the group. He then glanced at Vaughn, shook his head, and then glanced back at Doc.

"I do not fly well; I will follow them." he replied; he then quickly made good on his words, and started walking off into the dark.

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    I think the server is closer. It's only some 300 yards back that way and down the stairs. These dots are all over the place. Moonshadow said, flipping with the magic and flying alongside Choro.
    (Moonshadow should roll Perception, as well as two others, if she wants.)

The platform she was flying over, and her ground-bound friends were crossing, eventually ended at a flat concrete platform that seemed to open up to several of the massive racks of shelves; up close, it sort of looked like someone had shoved a entire warehouse down here, although what exactly was on the shelves wasn't certain. No sign of any hostiles, or the Securitron, both of which was sort of interesting.

28. - Top - End - #58

"I do not fly well; I will follow them." he replied; he then quickly made good on his words, and started walking off into the dark.
    Doc follows him on hoof, waving to the remaining team to follow along and stay together.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ettin in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

"See! We're here already, and we just have to check one dot to know where we stand. Almost done."

Choro seems to have perked up a little at the end of this detour. The little mage squints into the darkness, trying to align the shelves with the dots in her periphery. It's strange not to be able to see something when you've spent so much of your life in close, well lit rooms.

Spoiler
    Show
    Choro shines light out to five yards. If the shelves are further out than that, one of the ponies with darkvision can see what's out there, right?

30. - Top - End - #60

"Choro, I heard there are, like, ten cakes in the server room. You can have mine, no problem, but we should get there before the Enclave takes them in all their delicious spongey goodness." Viridia urged the mare.
    Last edited by Hazuki; 2017-09-07 at 08:10 PM.