New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 41920212223242526272829
  1. - Top - End - #841
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Way of the Wicked: Knot of Thorns [IC]

Vosnak nods at Jeyne's plans. He also guards the loudness of his words. "I had a very similar idea for dealing with their VIPs. I had suggested Mother Donnagin as the central point, dealing with her then summoning the others to her room one at a time. Her quarters might conveniently be more out of the way than the Commander's where there may be more soldiers about. Your choice. We don't even have to choose now. The better choice of one or the other may present itself later."

"I can control sounds but it requires focus, limiting how I may otherwise help. A wand of Silence or a dorje of Control Sound will save resources. Seva with the wand would make things more flexible."
    Spoiler: Games
    Show
    Keston Tornok for GF's AoW
    Loradralsornux for GF's Savage Tide
    Avakuss for kinem's Planescape: Center of All
    Sgt Ladaran Xiloscient for MrAbdiel's D&D-Day: The Ballad of Echo Company (WW2 with D&D Rules)
    Ganzak for Toliudar's Coming Unstuck

Extended Signature - More detailed game/character notes

2. - Top - End - #842
    Colossus in the Playground

Ixe doesn't hear anything terribly useful in the inn tonight. His ears prick up when a woman mentions one of the captains, but all she says is, "That Captain Zack Eddarly is a handsome one, isn’t he? Such a gallant! And still unmarried at his age. He’ll make some lady of proper breeding quite a catch, won’t he?" quickly interrupted by someone else talking about the stone saints in the choir hall of Balentyne.

3. - Top - End - #843
    Ogre in the Playground

Jeyne

"I do believe everyone of importance will be in attendance for the Merrie Men. But that still allows us to select our target and wait for them to be alone." Jeyne says at the end of the discussion.

"We have a a week or so to prepare for who that target will be, in the meantime let's continue learning as much as we can." Jeyne says while getting up.

She'll work the room tonight as well, appearing as a rich merchant's daughter in town for the Merrie Men. If anyone of higher rank comes into the room she'll try to be flirtatious and diplomatic with them if the situation calls for it so that I can use a persuasion roll instead of a gather information roll.

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show

Persuasion: (1d20+12)[25]
    Gather Information: (1d20+4)[13]

She'll spend a gold piece buying cheap drinks if it'll count as a favorable condition (+2 to roll).
    If I could play dungeons & dragons with only four books: MM I, DMG, PHB, & ToB
    Dragon Shaman Handbook. Fighter Fix.
    Camel's Handbook

4. - Top - End - #844
    Ogre in the Playground

Seva

The normally quiet woman takes a page from Jeyne and pretends to be her sister. She also works the room with a similiar backstory and spends some of her coin buying cheap drinks for the soldiers.

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show

Gather Information: (1d20+1)[13]

If I could play dungeons & dragons with only four books: MM I, DMG, PHB, & ToB
    Dragon Shaman Handbook. Fighter Fix.
    Camel's Handbook

5. - Top - End - #845
    Orc in the Playground

When an appropriate opportunity presents itself, Ixe addresses Jeyne.

Ixe: "One week is also plenty of time for me to expand my arcane repertoire. As previously stated, I will need to know which spells the Magister uses most commonly, and ensure that I am capable of the same magic. Also I have considered learning the spell levitate, which could easily be cast in conjunction with invisibility to put someone through a second-floor window. What do you think of that idea?"

6. - Top - End - #846
    Colossus in the Playground

Jeyne and Seva both find people eager to talk to them above trivia, but have a hard time directing the conversation toward anything useful without being too overt. They hear completely opposed accounts of Balentyne's security, with one man grumbling that it's gone completely to pot in the last few years, and another swearing that Thomas Havelyn is the best commander Balentyne has ever had and if he can't protect the Watch Wall then no one can. "Did you hear about prisoners escaping from Balentyne?" one woman asks Seva. "Were they ever caught?"

7. - Top - End - #847
    Orc in the Playground

[tonight]

Spoiler: Jeyne
    Show
    Satisfied that you have done the best you could, you retire for the evening. As you advance, you notice that the door to Ixe's room is slightly ajar, and he is peering out at you expectantly. Upon recognizing you, he opens the door a few more inches.

Ixe: "Lieutenant... a few more minutes of your time, if you will indulge me?"

Ixe is without illusion, cloaked in his silver-threaded black robe, which is wrapped tightly around himself and something else concealed underneath. He has the demeanor of a pervert about to expose himself to you, and you hesitate until you glimpse that what he is clutching is his spellbook.

His reticence is understandable. A spellbook is arguably the most intimate thing that a wizard posses. It is not something to be looked upon, by those not trusted. You suppose, however, that in this case it is necessary.

Ixe spends as long as needed with you, explaining his arcane notations wherever needed, until you understand the range of options at his disposal.

(( There. Now you know everything that is in my spellbook. ))

8. - Top - End - #848
    Firbolg in the Playground

Vosnak addresses Jenye. "You are more adept at socializing, perhaps my skills and knowledge of gems can help you along. I can purchase some tools for crafting and appraising. You would be the front and I would be the skill. That would give you more to connect to others with and reason for them to recommend you to others."

To Ixe... "Do you know the Message spell? I think that would be quite helpful for events coming up."

For the evening Vosnak will be a craftsman come to town to restock on raw gems. He's quite open to taking on some work (crafting and appraising) while in town, though he doesn't have his tools on him at the moment. He'll combine his various knowledges (Local, History, Gem, Nobility, Sculpting Craft) to be credible.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Gather Knowledge (1d20-1)[19] + hopefully some bonus from his varied knowledge areas.
    Spoiler: Games
    Show
    Keston Tornok for GF's AoW
    Loradralsornux for GF's Savage Tide
    Avakuss for kinem's Planescape: Center of All
    Sgt Ladaran Xiloscient for MrAbdiel's D&D-Day: The Ballad of Echo Company (WW2 with D&D Rules)
    Ganzak for Toliudar's Coming Unstuck

Extended Signature - More detailed game/character notes

9. - Top - End - #849
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cavir View Post
    To Ixe... "Do you know the Message spell? I think that would be quite helpful for events coming up."
    Ixe: "I do, indeed."

10. - Top - End - #850
    Ogre in the Playground

Ilnesh moves away from the group, into the street. He maintains his guise as an old man, gradually making his way towards the next tavern down the road, keeping an eye out for patrols, or any other folk with weapons. Once at his destination, he sits with a loud sigh near the barkeep, spending the night listening to anyone with a story to tell. If nothing of interest arises, he continues his tavern hopping spree, returning to the tavern his companions are staying in with the wee hours of the morning.

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    gather info: (1d20+1)[15]
    The moon sees nothing of this. She is bald and wild.
    And the message of the yew tree is blackness - blackness and silence.