New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Bugbear in the Playground

Imp

Default Re: The Nexus & City of Seven Seraphs - A planar metropolis with a new veilweaving cl

Can the Aegis customization, "Metanode" be taken more than once?

2. - Top - End - #392
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: The Nexus & City of Seven Seraphs - A planar metropolis with a new veilweaving cl

Quote Originally Posted by Kaouse View Post
    Pending a final answer (which I'll post here once Christen verifies with the contributor) the "extended weekend" answer from Christen was "I believe that was the intent".

3. - Top - End - #393
    Ogre in the Playground

Just gonna drop this here for anyone who's interested:
    Akashic Realms Announcement.

The City of 7 Seraphs PDF is also now available for purchase at Paizo, DriveThruRPG, and the Open Gaming Store, in case you happened to miss that announcement.

4. - Top - End - #394
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateGuy

Well my interest is piqued. Is this planned as part of a series of smaller releases or building up to one big one?

5. - Top - End - #395
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NomGarret View Post
    Well my interest is piqued. Is this planned as part of a series of smaller releases or building up to one big one?
    Currently planned as a recurring series of handbooks about the same size as the Zodiac. Akashic Realms: Emperors and Einherjar will be the first one, and then Akashic Realms: Guardians of the Quiet Lands should be following next.
    Last edited by Ssalarn; 2019-03-21 at 07:06 PM.

6. - Top - End - #396
    Ettin in the Playground

Did you guys ever do anything with Spheres, or did you just stick to psionics and Akasha?
    Quote Originally Posted by digiman619 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosi View Post
    In general, this is favorable to the casters.
    3.5 in a nutshell, ladies and gents.

7. - Top - End - #397
    Ogre in the Playground

Did you guys ever do anything with Spheres, or did you just stick to psionics and Akasha?
    I'm actually not sure. I was under the impression there was some kind of spheres support in Co7S (not sure one way or another) and there were some Spheres class that Lost Spheres released a few months back (the dragoon and the reaper I think?), but I don't know how much spheres stuff did or did not make it into the various products.

I've mostly just been writing akashic stuff for Lost Spheres; since I have a pre-existing relationship with Adam at Drop Dead Studios, if I'm going to write spheres material I typically give him the first option on it.

8. - Top - End - #398
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Co7S
    Omninode (3 points): Your armor acts as a magical converter allowing you to move energies between your various abilities. You may recharge a spell slot or regain a prepared spell you have cast from any class by paying twice is level in psionic power points. Alternatively you can pay half a spell point to regain half your caster level in power points, restore a spell slot, or a spent prepared spell of half your spherecaster level.
    Half a spell point? Is that a thing?
    The Library of Metzofitz: An up-to-date reference document for all of your Akashic, Path of War, and Psionic needs. In the works: Gonzo and Legendary material.

Pathfinder Caster Spreadsheet: For when you need to check if there's a spontaneous caster Witch or a Charisma-based Alchemist (the answer is yes). Includes manifesters, initiators, and veilweavers. Now with a colorblind version!

Akashic Character Sheet: Tracks invested Essence, plenty of space for veils and other Akashic hullabaloo.

9. - Top - End - #399

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Moonhand View Post
    This, one million times this.
    Adaptation of Child of Acavna and Amaznen into a "Spheres Fighter"
    Thank you Ganorenas

Quote Originally Posted by Fax Celestis View Post
    An Animated Object is a kind of creature. An animated object is a kind of item. So no, you can't apply a template. Unless you were to use animate objects to animate objects into Animated Objects and somehow apply templates while using animate objects to turn animate objects into Animate Objects for your Animated animated Object collection (or perhaps for a friend to watch anime with).

10. - Top - End - #400
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ssalarn View Post
    I'm actually not sure. I was under the impression there was some kind of spheres support in Co7S (not sure one way or another) and there were some Spheres class that Lost Spheres released a few months back (the dragoon and the reaper I think?), but I don't know how much spheres stuff did or did not make it into the various products.

I've mostly just been writing akashic stuff for Lost Spheres; since I have a pre-existing relationship with Adam at Drop Dead Studios, if I'm going to write spheres material I typically give him the first option on it.
    I think the necros was Lost Spheres, the others were Legendary Games. I believe I have heard of other content that crosses over into spheres, but at least one instance referenced a talent or feat that was never actually printed.

11. - Top - End - #401
    Ogre in the Playground

I strongly suspect that "half" copy-jumped from later in the sentence, but I'll copy this to our FAQ thread and ping Christen.

Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    I think the necros was Lost Spheres, the others were Legendary Games. I believe I have heard of other content that crosses over into spheres, but at least one instance referenced a talent or feat that was never actually printed.
    This is what I was thinking of.

12. - Top - End - #402
    Titan in the Playground

Huh, for some reason I thought Legendary published those. Shows how much I've paid attention to them I suppose.

13. - Top - End - #403
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    Huh, for some reason I thought Legendary published those. Shows how much I've paid attention to them I suppose.
    I get it. There's entirely too much to keep track of while simultaneously creating new stuff yourself.

14. - Top - End - #404
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGirl

Might be a bit pedantic, but the mirrorkin are called "mirrokin" (no third "r") in some places, most notably the title for the race section (and bookmark in the PDF) and the headers for the subsequent pages.
    The Library of Metzofitz: An up-to-date reference document for all of your Akashic, Path of War, and Psionic needs. In the works: Gonzo and Legendary material.

Pathfinder Caster Spreadsheet: For when you need to check if there's a spontaneous caster Witch or a Charisma-based Alchemist (the answer is yes). Includes manifesters, initiators, and veilweavers. Now with a colorblind version!

Akashic Character Sheet: Tracks invested Essence, plenty of space for veils and other Akashic hullabaloo.

15. - Top - End - #405
    Halfling in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Might be a bit pedantic, but the mirrorkin are called "mirrokin" (no third "r") in some places, most notably the title for the race section (and bookmark in the PDF) and the headers for the subsequent pages.
    Thanks so much for catching that! If you have any other catches please send them to: [email protected] so that we can get as fast a turn around to get it into final print files.

16. - Top - End - #406

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Ssalarn View Post
    Pending a final answer (which I'll post here once Christen verifies with the contributor) the "extended weekend" answer from Christen was "I believe that was the intent".
    Despite that being the intent, that's not at all how it's worded. Customizations cannot be selected more than once unless they specify that they can be taken more than once. Metanode lacks such specification, so unless it's errata'd, it's relegated to a single magic talent or psionic power.

For reference:
    Metanode (3 points): You gain the ability to manifest a psionic or magical power. You may select one psionic power of 1st level from any power list. Alternatively gain an additional Magic Talent feat if using the Spheres of Power system. You gain a caster or manifester level of half your aegis level if you do not have one or you may add the power to another classes powers known for you if you possess one.
    Last edited by Kaouse; 2019-03-24 at 11:06 PM.

17. - Top - End - #407
    Ogre in the Playground

Despite that being the intent, that's not at all how it's worded. Customizations cannot be selected more than once unless they specify that they can be taken more than once. Metanode lacks such specification, so unless it's errata'd, it's relegated to a single magic talent or psionic power.

For reference:

I'm very aware, but I also didn't write it, which is why I conveyed Christen's text response and provided a link to the Lost Spheres FAQ thread.
    Last edited by Ssalarn; 2019-03-25 at 10:27 AM.

18. - Top - End - #408

NecromancerGuy

Yes, and will add "This customization may be taken more than once." both in print and the PDF shortly.

19. - Top - End - #409
    Ettin in the Playground

Finally got my hands on this book and was surprised to find a spherecasting Soulknife archetype. Nice! Quick question about it, though. Other than by trading out blade skills and/or spending feats on Extra Combat/Magic Talent, is there any way for them to get extra talents? Because as written there doesn't appear to be any, leaving the mid-casting only there to scale the Destruction and TK spheres.

20. - Top - End - #410
    Barbarian in the Playground

Beholder

Finally got my hands on this book and was surprised to find a spherecasting Soulknife archetype. Nice! Quick question about it, though. Other than by trading out blade skills and/or spending feats on Extra Combat/Magic Talent, is there any way for them to get extra talents? Because as written there doesn't appear to be any, leaving the mid-casting only there to scale the Destruction and TK spheres.
    Hmm, well I don't have the book, I dearly wish I had the cash, but alas.

But that isn't the first SoP Soulknife archetype, that honor goes to the Epoch-Walker from the Chronomancer's Handbook. It also includes a new blade skill that allows one to channel touch attack sphere talents through one's mindblade.

Considering the optional rule to give soulknives Gifted Blade as a free archetype, a DM might give this new SoP Soulknife the low caster talent progression, since Gifted Blade gives out psionic powers up to level 4.

21. - Top - End - #411

NecromancerGuy

It was our intent that mindblade enhancements could also function as staff enchantments and unlock talents or interact with caster levels allowing the ability to customize spherecasting when reshaping their blade. We will look at clarifying the wording to make this more explicit.

22. - Top - End - #412
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Spheres View Post
    It was our intent that mindblade enhancements could also function as staff enchantments and unlock talents or interact with caster levels allowing the ability to customize spherecasting when reshaping their blade. We will look at clarifying the wording to make this more explicit.
    Yeah, that was never implied and in fact does not work. Stave [Or Implements as they're called now] Special Abilities can't go on weapons, and even if it did, getting a new sphere is twice as expensive as getting a new talent because its enhancement bonus stacks. May I suggest the following:

Enhanced Mind Blade: Add the following to the list of weapon special qualities a blackblade breaker can add to his mindblade "+1: Choose a magic or combat sphere or a talent from a sphere you already possess. You gain the chosen sphere or talent as long as you are manifesting your mind blade. You may choose this option more than once, but each time it must be a separate talent or sphere. You may use talents gained through this ability as prerequisites for other uses of this ability."
    This alters Enhanced Mind Blade. If an archetype would replace Enhanced Mind Blade for a class feature that counts as it for the purposes of prerequisites or requirements, that class feature stacks with this one.
    Last edited by digiman619; 2019-03-26 at 07:15 PM.