New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast

Thread: Outside 46

1. - Top - End - #391
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Outside 46

Chapel

"He is a God. To Him, we are as ants. What worth does one ant have over another? None. Ants are interchangeable. All gods are as such, any that says otherwise is lying, trusting in the gullibility of mortals, or else so weak as to be little more than a jumped-up servitor, whose opinion will change if they get enough ants. Bane is honest in His disregard." Sister Bakewell sounds pretty firm in the belief that her God doesn't see her, although she hopes to become a queen ant by joining the Guild and using their influence to spread her doctrine.

She lets go of Faudre's skin, and smiles. "There, all done. If you want to find out more, or get injured again, my chapel is the old green caravan, there. I hold daily prayer meetings an hour after sun-up on the west side of the old church." She points at a battered wooden caravan, originally made of white wood, but crudely painted khaki green.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

2. - Top - End - #392
    Troll in the Playground

Spaceship Landing

The poor boreal forest doesn't stand a chance. A massive spacecraft touches down in the middle of the forest, the light from its huge rocket engines. Trees are thrown into the air, and snow melts into a flash flood. The craft is a vaguely conical hunk of grey metal, scored by thousands of meteorite impacts. A keen-eyed observer may see a cockpit at the top of the skyscraper-sized ship, a lone humanoid figure pacing within.

An enraged bear snarls at the ship, irritated that his hibernation is disturbed. Any observers present may note that the bear wears a collar, an unusual trait this far into the wilderness.

Interaction Wanted
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

3. - Top - End - #393
    Ogre in the Playground

Field

Upon this featureless field, a man standing around six and a half feet tall, is pointing a black blade at a man who is almost but not quite three feet tall. The tall man wears a green robe and hood, a hood that shrowds his face. Shoulder-length black hair falls from the hood, and six hrons jut out of it every which way. The short man has a black top hat. His face is painted like that of a skull. He leans heavily on a cane, and he wears a finely tailored purple suit. At his hip is a very nice looking cutlass. Behind the tall man lies a group of what appears to be prisoners in rags.

I said you cannot eat the first group. The abomination is coming. says the tall man in a rather feminine voice.

And I say screw that, I was promised compensation of the human variety.

Only if she does not come. She is coming. I can feel the spells work through the air.

Fine. I'll just have pop-corn then. Watch from the sidelines.

The short man walks off, snapping his fingers, and a bowl of movie theatre pop-corn appears in his hands.
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

Quote Originally Posted by Wuff View Post
    the biggest nerd ever who transforms into BEAR is of course alluring.

4. - Top - End - #394
    Barbarian in the Playground

Chapel

Faudre looks toward the caravan, and shakes her head. "I will pay my own respects to the spirits and my ancestors. It is the way of my tribe, and always has been. But thank you for telling me of your ways." Although she has little respect for this god, and for the goings-on that take place here, Faudre doesn't wish to make enemies of the small army stationed here - not without a force of her own.

[An Open Field]

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Willa smiles, and just sort of...awkwardly stands there, tail flicking anxiously as if waiting for something to happen.
    "So...what do we do first? Is there...something you're supposed to start out with?" she asks. She didn't really plan out this little outing of theirs very well. Or at all, really.
    "Depends on what you wanna see. I could just make some basic conjurations, show an illusion or two, bring you on a trip into the spirit world..." Ashley looks around the forest. It wasn't drenched in residual magic, but it would do for a crossing over.

Spaceship Landing

The bear isn't the only the only inhabitant of the forest, although the young woman dressed in a long shirt and pants with two swords at her back is a far cry from the natural animal. A small, dilapidated robot floats behind her, peeking up at the spacecraft.

"Alert: Massive vehicle approaching ground level."
    "Yeah, thanks, definitely couldn't have figured that one out on my own." She looks up at the ship, and at the cockpit. "Pod, does that ship match any known records?"
    "Negative. No match found in any data files."
    The woman sighs. "Just where the hell am I?"
    Last edited by Devixer; 2018-03-05 at 06:47 PM.

5. - Top - End - #395

Quote Originally Posted by Celticbear View Post
    Field

Upon this featureless field, a man standing around six and a half feet tall, is pointing a black blade at a man who is almost but not quite three feet tall. The tall man wears a green robe and hood, a hood that shrowds his face. Shoulder-length black hair falls from the hood, and six hrons jut out of it every which way. The short man has a black top hat. His face is painted like that of a skull. He leans heavily on a cane, and he wears a finely tailored purple suit. At his hip is a very nice looking cutlass. Behind the tall man lies a group of what appears to be prisoners in rags.

I said you cannot eat the first group. The abomination is coming. says the tall man in a rather feminine voice.

And I say screw that, I was promised compensation of the human variety.

Only if she does not come. She is coming. I can feel the spells work through the air.

Fine. I'll just have pop-corn then. Watch from the sidelines.

The short man walks off, snapping his fingers, and a bowl of movie theatre pop-corn appears in his hands.
    Field

And then suddenly, in what appears to be a large poof of snowflakes, Naku, Oliver, and the messanger bird are there, a good 20, 30ish feet away.
    "Fine. We're here." Naku says flatly, entirely unamused. "Now what."
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

6. - Top - End - #396
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Field

Field

Oliver appears. Oliver is 5'3", with grey eyes and jet black hair. He is overweight and wearing a green button-up shirt as well as slightly ripped jeans. Lastly, he's holding a bottle of rum. He looks around, taking in the sight.
    "Ho-ly ****. So this is the place?"
    He looks at the taller man and says, "You DJ?"
    Last edited by CosmicHobbit; 2018-03-05 at 06:51 PM.
    After 2 years of silence, I reappear!

Place your bets now, how long until I disappear again

7. - Top - End - #397
    Ogre in the Playground

Uh... no. I am. I'm uh, Doctor... hey, you, Vampire chick, give me a "J" name I can go by, I can't think of one. says the short man through a mouth full of pop-corn.

Stop fraternizing with the abomination. says the tall man, again in that really feminine sounding voice.

Awww, she can least tell me a "J" name right? says DJ

The tall man ignores DJ, as he waves his hands over the group, and they disappear.

Back to their hovels of Vice and Sin.
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

8. - Top - End - #398

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicHobbit View Post
    Field

Oliver appears. Oliver is 5'3", with grey eyes and jet black hair. He is overweight and wearing a green button-up shirt as well as slightly ripped jeans. Lastly, he's holding a bottle of rum. He looks around, taking in the sight.
    "Ho-ly ****. So this is the place?"
    He looks at the taller man and says, "You DJ?"
    Uh... no. I am. I'm uh, Doctor... hey, you, Vampire chick, give me a "J" name I can go by, I can't think of one. says the short man through a mouth full of pop-corn.

Stop fraternizing with the abomination. says the tall man, again in that really feminine sounding voice.

The tall man ignores DJ, as he waves his hands over the group, and they disappear.

Field

Well, since the instigator doesn't want her friend to talk to Naku, that's absolutely what she's going to do.
    "Hmm. Tell me about yourself. Do you have any fun hobbies we could try to work into the name, to make it slightly more fitting? I feel a personalized name would work out a lot better than randomly coming up with something."
    Show

I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

9. - Top - End - #399
    Orc in the Playground

Chapel

"That's fine. Please, think it over and come to me if you have any more questions or injuries." Sister Bakewell nods and stands up, moving over to her green caravan and opening the door, to enter.

Meanwhile, two of the guards are helping Rivet with a metal oil drum being loaded into the back of the rambulance. By the look of things, it's very heavy... Until Thaddeus, Cecil's bodyguard, walks over and casually lifts it with both hands, lifting it up and passing it into the back of the vehicle.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

10. - Top - End - #400
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Field

Oliver smiles. "Wait. Does that mean that you," he points at the tall man while his smile widens to a grin. "are Kitty?" He chuckles, then gives a short laugh. He says this in a deep, made-up voice:
    "I am the immortal, the deadly, the heartless...KITTY!"
    Last edited by CosmicHobbit; 2018-03-05 at 07:22 PM.

11. - Top - End - #401
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, see, my actual name has a bit of a hold over me, and if I go by one name for too long, it replaces the old one. So I switch names on a regular basis, but because of reasons too large for your tiny three dimensional brain to comprehend, all my new names have to start with the letter "J". Sorry for calling your brain tiny. That was uncalled for.

Kitty looks at the man, and says in that strange feminine voice: I cannot use my true name. I would be recognized. "Kitty" is what my current wielder choose.
    Last edited by Celticbear; 2018-03-05 at 07:27 PM.

12. - Top - End - #402
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Well, see, my actual name has a bit of a hold over me, and if I go by one name for too long, it replaces the old one. So I switch names on a regular basis, but because of reasons too large for your tiny three dimensional brain to comprehend, all my new names have to start with the letter "J". Sorry for calling your brain tiny. That was uncalled for.

Kitty looks at the man, and says in that strange feminine voice: I cannot use my true name. I would be recognized. "Kitty" is what my current wielder choose.
    Oliver suddenly turns deadly serious.
    "I'm so sorry. I just have a single question for you, if you could answer it."
    He waits for Kitty to give him permission.

13. - Top - End - #403

"Jonah. Jameson. Either one, they're both good names." Naku says, continuing her side conversation, ignoring Kitty pretty much entirely, and letting Oliver do his discussion.
    Show

14. - Top - End - #404
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmmm, I've done James before, so Jonah. Dr. Jonah eats a handful of pop-corn.

Kitty nods.
    Ask.

15. - Top - End - #405
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Kitty nods.
    Ask.
    Oliver smiles, even though he tries to keep it in, and says, "If you go by Kitty nowadays, can I pet you?" He then bursts into laughter, and finishes it off by taking a swig of rum.
    Last edited by CosmicHobbit; 2018-03-05 at 07:47 PM.

16. - Top - End - #406
    Troll in the Playground

Spaceship Landing
    The bear glances at the newcomers and gives a courteous nod. He's evidently no simple animal. There is a nameplate on his spiked collar which reads "Sergei"

On the ship, an airlock opens. A robot emerges, a seven foot machine with a vaguely humanoid design. Its head is angular, and a pair of glowing yellow eyes shine from it like searchlights. Navy blue piping runs up and down its body. Its feet are large, two-clawed affairs. A high-tech looking lance hangs on its back. It speaks to no one in particular. "At long last! A suitable world. Five thousand years of searching are at their close! It looks down from its perch at the airlock, then begins to walk effortlessly down the side of the ship. Partway down, it spots the two onlookers. "What have we here?"
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

17. - Top - End - #407

Kitty nods.
    Ask.
    "Sounds good to me." Naku says with another shrug. Before giving Oliver the weirdest look, and laughing slightly.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #408
    Ogre in the Playground

DJ laughs as well, spitting out his pop-corn as he does so. He smacks his cane on the ground, and in a flash he's in front of Oliver.

Oh man, I haven't laughed like that in forever. High five, you deserve it!

Kitty shrugs, though the motion appears less natural, and more... more like a puppet on strings.

You are not the first to ask. You may.

19. - Top - End - #409
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

DJ laughs as well, spitting out his pop-corn as he does so. He smacks his cane on the ground, and in a flash he's in front of Oliver.

Oh man, I haven't laughed like that in forever. High five, you deserve it!

Kitty shrugs, though the motion appears less natural, and more... more like a puppet on strings.

You are not the first to ask. You may.
    Oliver gives DJ a high five, thinking how could this guy eat souls?
    He then gives Kitty a strange look and says, "You actually said yes? First time anybody with a remotely feminine voice has said that, if you know what I mean," he says while elbowing DJ lightly. "In all seriousness, if you're Kitty, you're the weirdest looking cat I've ever seen! And I should know, I'm the crazy cat gentleman on my street!"
    Last edited by CosmicHobbit; 2018-03-05 at 08:10 PM.

20. - Top - End - #410
    Ogre in the Playground

On DJ's hand was a Joy Buzzer. But it gave off more than a little shock. Enough to knock a grown man unconscious.

21. - Top - End - #411

Field

"Weeeeell. All right. Everything seems to be solved now. Nothing's happening. Soooo I'm just gonna go."
    Show

22. - Top - End - #412

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Chapel

"That's fine. Please, think it over and come to me if you have any more questions or injuries." Sister Bakewell nods and stands up, moving over to her green caravan and opening the door, to enter.

Meanwhile, two of the guards are helping Rivet with a metal oil drum being loaded into the back of the rambulance. By the look of things, it's very heavy... Until Thaddeus, Cecil's bodyguard, walks over and casually lifts it with both hands, lifting it up and passing it into the back of the vehicle.
    Faudre unconsciously clenches her fist as she sees the drum changes hands. She wants to give voice to her anger, but she curbs her instincts and instead returns to checking on Haar, and reapplying his medicine.

Quote Originally Posted by bc56 View Post
    Spaceship Landing
    The bear glances at the newcomers and gives a courteous nod. He's evidently no simple animal. There is a nameplate on his spiked collar which reads "Sergei"

On the ship, an airlock opens. A robot emerges, a seven foot machine with a vaguely humanoid design. Its head is angular, and a pair of glowing yellow eyes shine from it like searchlights. Navy blue piping runs up and down its body. Its feet are large, two-clawed affairs. A high-tech looking lance hangs on its back. It speaks to no one in particular. "At long last! A suitable world. Five thousand years of searching are at their close! It looks down from its perch at the airlock, then begins to walk effortlessly down the side of the ship. Partway down, it spots the two onlookers. "What have we here?"
    The woman's eyes widen as the machine emerges from the ship. She shifts her stance so that she can draw her weapons if needed. "Damn, so the machines are here too?"
    "Unknown. This machine looks to be a new model."
    "Yeah, thanks for the input. You! What's this world suitable for?"

23. - Top - End - #413
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

On DJ's hand was a Joy Buzzer. But it gave off more than a little shock. Enough to knock a grown man unconscious.
    Well then. My last post is what would've happened. Instead, Oliver falls to the ground convulsing. Before passing out, Oliver whispers, "You *****," while sticking a specific finger at him. As he passes out, his rum pours out onto the ground.
    Last edited by CosmicHobbit; 2018-03-05 at 08:31 PM.

24. - Top - End - #414
    Ogre in the Playground

Doctor Jonah laughs twice as hard as he did before. He wipes the tears off his face, and smacks his cane on the ground again, teleporting far away from Naku once again.

I apologize, I wanted to make sure that there wouldn't be any... distractions.

You have been charged with heresy on one count. Heresy of the unholy form. How do plead?

25. - Top - End - #415

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicHobbit View Post
    Well then. My last post is what would've happened. Instead, Oliver falls to the ground convulsing. Before passing out, Oliver whispers, "You *****," while sticking a specific finger at him. As he passes out, his rum pours out onto the ground.
    Naku sighs, and mumbles some fairly nasty expletive.

Doctor Jonah laughs twice as hard as he did before. He wipes the tears off his face, and smacks his cane on the ground again, teleporting far away from Naku once again.

I apologize, I wanted to make sure that there wouldn't be any... distractions.

You have been charged with heresy on one count. Heresy of the unholy form. How do plead?
    Then Naku just raises an eyebrow, and laughs. "You think.
    You honestly think this is a trial?"
    With that, she walks towards Oliver, and will probably next post be attempting to pick him up and just teleport either just him or them both away.
    Show

26. - Top - End - #416
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh yeah. It's totally a trial. A trial by combat. I've invested way too much energy into this, you aren't going to just teleport away, I can smell the spell on your lips. ooo, tongue twister!

Dr Jonah casts dimensional anchor on Naku.

I have been waiting too long for this cat fight to get started. Get it? Cause her name is Ki-, oh never mind.

The bird flutters over towards Dr. Jonah.

Mind if I steal some pop-corn?

Go right ahead.

Do not attempt to leave. I will follow. I have killed Liches older than some of the gods themselves. I have hunted demi gods of undeath, and Vampires who's mere mention of their name could shatter continents. You are infinitesimal. Submit to judgement.

27. - Top - End - #417

Oh yeah. It's totally a trial. A trial by combat. I've invested way too much energy into this, you aren't going to just teleport away, I can smell the spell on your lips. ooo, tongue twister!

Dr Jonah casts dimensional anchor on Naku.

I have been waiting too long for this cat fight to get started. Get it? Cause her name is Ki-, oh never mind.

The bird flutters over towards Dr. Jonah.

Mind if I steal some pop-corn?

Go right ahead.

Do not attempt to leave. I will follow. I have killed Liches older than some of the gods themselves. I have hunted demi gods of undeath, and Vampires who's mere mention of their name could shatter continents. You are infinitesimal. Submit to judgement.
    Naku is not a standard D&D character, and I am not familiar with that spell. How does it work, so that I can respond to it?
    Until then, Naku just rather ignores it.

"Yeah yeah yeah. 'I'm so cool', 'You're so weak in comparison to me', 'You can't have a pony for your birthday'. I've heard it all before.

No. I will not submit to judgement."
    Naku informs Kitty, hoisting Oliver up onto her shoulder (unless Cosmic so chooses that she can't).
    Show

28. - Top - End - #418
    Ogre in the Playground

Ooo, this is about to git gud. DJ says as he gets another mouthful of popcorn. The bird feeds the skull some. it doesn't come out the neck end.

Then prepare to face holy judgement. In the name of Pharasma, goddess of birth and death, god of the high and low places, herald of the living, slayer of the undead, upholder of all that is justice, I name thee heretic. As a holy inquisitor blessed by the gods of Golarion, I bane you in their sight. Kitty points her sword towards Naku.

I will give you the first blow.

DJ spits out his popcorn again, laughing horrendously.

I'm sorry, it's just that... my goodness I have the mind of a teenager...

29. - Top - End - #419

Ooo, this is about to git gud. DJ says as he gets another mouthful of popcorn. The bird feeds the skull some. it doesn't come out the neck end.

Then prepare to face holy judgement. In the name of Pharasma, goddess of birth and death, god of the high and low places, herald of the living, slayer of the undead, upholder of all that is justice, I name thee heretic. As a holy inquisitor blessed by the gods of Golarion, I bane you in their sight. Kitty points her sword towards Naku.

I will give you the first blow.

DJ spits out his popcorn again, laughing horrendously.

I'm sorry, it's just that... my goodness I have the mind of a teenager...
    Naku laughs again, after just kind of effortlessly and elegantly twisting to the side to avoid the spoopy green laser of dimensional anchor.

"And I entirely refuse~" Naku says, attempting to teleport Oliver off to somewhere safe.

"And am just gonna leave now."
    Last edited by Mee; 2018-03-05 at 09:17 PM.
    Show

30. - Top - End - #420
    Ogre in the Playground

Doctor Jonah gets a serious look on his face, and throws his popcorn to the side.

What part of *I want to see this cat fight* do you not understand?

DJ smacks his cane on the ground, gets right in front of Naku, and throws a charm at the ground. The ground sinks into a pit, With a domed glass ceiling. DJ stays on top of the glass, and hopefully Naku and Kitty sink in.

Whether they do or not, Kitty sends a purple gout of flame in a wide arc towards Naku's general direction.