New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 21718192021222324252627
  1. - Top - End - #781
    Barbarian in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Default Re: The Reaping of Theras (IC Thread)

Well mage, I can take you where you want to go. Just let me know which way that is.

Silv then patiently waits for an answer, the emotions left over from the dreadful business gone from his face.

2. - Top - End - #782

Face ashen from the tragedy, Rurik says,

Well then. Onwards. We must honor the life of the captain by doing what he wanted us to do: go to this wall.

3. - Top - End - #783
    Troll in the Playground

Aemos Savant

"Very well, then.

Mikt? Anything to say?"

4. - Top - End - #784
    Dwarf in the Playground

MIK'T

Mik't shakes his head, shrugging hius pack higher up over his shoulder, his eyes quickly darting back over the cavern behind them and returning to meet the others coming to stop on Silv. "I am ready to leave this behind now. I will follow with you."

5. - Top - End - #785

SolithKnightGuy

Well I'm glad everyone has some sense. I don't want to get to this wall any faster than I have to, but staying here would definitely be an error in judgment, I think.

Follow behind, as before.

Silv then leads off, more alert now than ever.

6. - Top - End - #786
    Dwarf in the Playground

As Silv leads the way out of the tunnel, the ground begins to slope more and more upward. The numerous side tunnels lead down deeper into the depths beneath the mountain. An occasional growl or distant sound drifts up from the dark tunnels, though nothing appears nearby and the tunnel is actually a pleasant walk. After walking several hours Silv makes a turn in the tunnel and is hit by the intense bright light of the sun shining outside filtering through a fissure ahead. The tunnel opens into a 10 by 10 cave just before the exit. As you approach the exit, you can see before you a wide stretch of gently rolling hills leading down to a flat plain. A small city lays in the distance, butted up against the ocean. You can see from your elevation, numerous ships sailing in and out of the citys' port. The distance is too great to determine flags and nationalities of the ships.

7. - Top - End - #787

Rurik squints his already nonexistent eyes as the sun hits him. He looks back into the tunnel and gives another bow of reverence and looks toward the new sight.

What might tha city be, Silv? First time visiting a port city for me.

8. - Top - End - #788
    Troll in the Playground

Aemos Savant

The wizard looks quite relieved at the sight of civilization at last.

"Ah, a city, and with it, civilization. A pity, then, that I do not quite know where we are, aside from that we are obviously beyond the mountains."

9. - Top - End - #789
    Dwarf in the Playground

As you all stand in the caves entrance soaking in the warmth of the day your eyes slowly adjust to the light. Aemos runs through his mental catalogue and comes to the conclusion that this must be the northernmost city of the Kingdom of Desselmeer, though the name of the city seems to be beyond his ability to recall. The sun appears to be sinking slowly. The shadows of the mountains stretch out slowly covering the land reaching onward for the ocean. The stretch of ground between you and the city looks safe enough and the rising moon looks to be full and bright.

10. - Top - End - #790

SolithKnightGuy

Time to go. Even if this isn't the port we wanted we will soon find out.

Silv heads off to civilization, and hopefully some fine ale.

11. - Top - End - #791
    Troll in the Playground

Aemos Savant

"Let us try to remember not to broadcast our Lundan ties in this city, shall we?"

12. - Top - End - #792

SolithKnightGuy

Silv looks over at Aemos as they're walking, and coyly responds.

You're the only one that would have that issue, mage.

13. - Top - End - #793
    Troll in the Playground

Aemos Savant

The mage answers coyly back, "Very well, then, just try not to get too drunk here."

14. - Top - End - #794
    Dwarf in the Playground

The journey to the city passes uneventfully. After the time spent in the caverns, the walk to the city is actually quite pleasant. The sun sets when you are about halfway to the city, leaving a warm clear night, brightly lit by the full moon. You approach the gates, two guards in studded leathers and leaning on halberds halt your group.

"State your buisiness in Solemn this evening? How long will you be staying?"

The guards seem cordial and slightly bored. Quickly looking over all of you the other guard resumes scanning the road, while the first awaits your answers.

15. - Top - End - #795

SolithKnightGuy

Just passing through. Staying a day, two at the most.

16. - Top - End - #796

Rurik gives a nod and stares off to the side, still deep in thought.

17. - Top - End - #797
    Dwarf in the Playground

The guard nods and waves you through.

"Enjoy your stay and avoid the docks during the dark hours. If you follow the main road into the city center, there are several Inns available for travelers there."

He then stands aside and resumes scanning the road.

18. - Top - End - #798

SolithKnightGuy

I'm going to head to an inn. Been a long road and I need to rest, let alone get a drink. I think we are where we need to be, so hopefully we can find a boat heading across.

19. - Top - End - #799

A drink be nice after all that.

Rurik follows whomever to a inn.

20. - Top - End - #800
    Troll in the Playground

Aemos Savant

Aemos gives a quick nod. "Very well, then, enjoy yourselves with your drinks. I, on the other hand, shall be off to the local library to read up on what I can of the Dead Wall."

21. - Top - End - #801
    Dwarf in the Playground

You all find the town center following the guards directions. The only inn open at this time is the largest of the four surrounding the town center. The open inn is three stories tall, it appears that each window has shutters and blinds as well as interior shutters. The ground floor windows are large and filled with the sights and sounds of a large gathering of people, drinking and merry-making. A Bard sits on a stool in the corner playing requested tales and songs, the gaily painted sign hanging over the double door entrance shows an oviously drunken gnome lifting a wenches skirt with some sort of mechanical contraption, below the picture the name is written out "The Drunken Gnomes Delight".

As you move into the inn, you find all the men and women to be friendly, most are quite enebriated and having fun. The serving wenchs are flirting and serving swiftly moving through the crowd ensuring no drink goes unfilled. The bar is tended by a pair of human males, well dressed and well groomed, about 28 years old, they look to be twins. They move efficiantly from guest to guest, serving drinks and conversing politely, their smiles never wavering. Several armed men stand around the great room along with a couple of Half-Orcs, watching the crowd, guarding against any mischief or excessively rowdy patrons.

Aemos finds the libray and is informed by the guards that it will reopen in the morning. It's closed each night for reshelving borrowed or misplaced books, the owner and curator of the library is quite anal about his books being in their proper place and in good order.

(feel free to role play amogst yourselves until I resolve this medical issue, once again sorry for the break in the game, but if I could post more I would. Thanks for the well wishes also!)