New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Greater Guardian Monument and Floating Disk

Hey guys I have a question.

I recently bought several scrolls of Floating Disk and purchased Greater Guardian Monument for inclusion in my spellbook to help with my allies ability to weather some damage.

My questions is If I put my statue on the floating dsk.. THEN cast greater guardian monument on said statue.. does the spell instantly start suppressing itself or since it never actually moves from its place, the floating disk, does the spell function as normal?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Greater Guardian Monument and Floating Disk

This is one of those scenarios where DM interpretation really comes into play.

I would say that it depends on the definition of “place,” which from the spell description seems to mean “where the object was when the spell was cast.” If it were in my game, I’d say that as long as the floating disk doesn’t actually move, the spell operates normally.

That said, I’m not sure what the benefit of this approach would be. The floating disk provides mobility, but the guardian monument can’t take advantage of that mobility. The one situation I can see where this would be useful is defending something like a river crossing, where the disk is used to keep the statue above the water.

That’s a real corner case, though. But I’m sure clever minds can come up with others.