New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Tsioque - not that kind of pretty princess

I think it hadn't been mentioned in the forum so far, and it's worth noticing.
    So, TSIOQUE. An indie point-and-click adventure game that I bought since it was on sale on GOG. Tsioque (pronounced like "chalk") is the name of the main character, a young princess of a magical kingdom. Her mother, the queen, had left to fight in a war, and before you could say "Treachery", the royal mage decided it could be fun to use his dark magic powers and rule the kingdom.
    Well, the princess has a different point of view.

The game is beautifully drawn, with interesting-looking characters and places.
    The puzzles are clever enough to make you sit and take notice, but not so hard as to be annoying. The gameplay reminded me somewhat of Machinarium. The solutions to puzzles are not obious. You need to manipulate things and characters to change the situation in your favour.

Definitely worth a try if you like point-and-click adventures. And pretty princesses.
    The last crazy minstrel.
    Creature avatar by The Giant.

Quote Originally Posted by Slipperychicken View Post
    At GITP, we don't just bite down on bait-hooks, we chew them thoroughly until the insides of our mouths are full of broken teeth, flesh-ribbons, and blood.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Tsioque - not that kind of pretty princess

I'd second this as well, but my only gripe would be the length. It takes only about 3 hours to finish the game, I think? Which is a bit of a letdown.

Anywho, for anyone looking for something like this, I'd also recommend Anna's Quest, which in fact, I think is an even better candidate in the "point and click adventure game with a dark-ish fantasy world and a little girl protagonist" subgenre.