New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: MLP The Cycle 2: ETalUSUaSTWG 2 - The Good, the Bad and the Cutie: APØNYCALYPSE

"Well.. I guess they have four godesses?" Nobility suggested.
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

2. - Top - End - #92
    Spamalot in the Playground

Default Re: MLP The Cycle 2: ETalUSUaSTWG 2 - The Good, the Bad and the Cutie: APØNYCALYPSE

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    "Well.. I guess they have four godesses?" Nobility suggested.
    "Yeah, like how we have four princesses. It just seems so weird that both worlds have the same ones, you know?"
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

3. - Top - End - #93
    Titan in the Playground

Nobility nodded.
    "Well... I am not that expert about parallel dimension stuff. I bet Curtain Over geek lord, have played or read something that could explain it."

------
    My previouse Avater

4. - Top - End - #94
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

Curtain Call shows more and more enthusiasm as the group heads down the steps, looking excitedly at the vendors and other items. "Aw, too bad it's not a mask festival," he comments almost to himself, though his grin does not diminish.

Nobility's use of his name makes him glance over, distracted. "What? Oh, um... if this is like a game, then it'll probably connect to our world in some ways;
    we have four princesses, they have four goddesses. I'm not really sure right now... oh, by the way, since this is a festival, there's a fifty-fifty chance that someone is going to crash it and start attacking people. My best guess would be the angels, but I'm not sure. Do you think that they have street performers?"
    he exclaims suddenly, looking around eagerly once more.
    Originally Posted by Xefas:
    "I need the Goblins in phalanx arrangement. Sky Blotters in the back! Swissles? Assume the Swizzle Stick Formation! We're going in!"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #95

"Fifty-fifty chance? You have that much faith in our luck?" Dawn says, grinning the entire time. "Well, the sisters asked us to meet them... in the garden, right? Probably should go there and see what they have in mind. Especially if there's going to be an angel attack."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

6. - Top - End - #96
    Titan in the Playground

Nobility sighed. "it's not fair! We did so much today! We have rights! We deserve to simply enjoy oursleves now!" she whined.

------
    My previouse Avater

7. - Top - End - #97

"I know, but if we don't keep on top of things, then the angels might do something dumb."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

8. - Top - End - #98
    Troll in the Playground

One of the two guardsponies nods to Silver, pointing off into the distance, toward the arches under the bridge. "Oh, yeah! It's the Celebration of Magic," she says, and her comrade trots to her side. "One of the Princess's top scholars, the esteemed Miss Sparkle, has something huge to show off to everypony in Mareinev. In fact, she organized a whole festival in only three days' time for it! I only wish Princess Lily could be here for the mane event," the other guardspony says with a sigh, looking up and away towards the mass of clouds that trail off to the north, beyond the walls.

"Of all the times for Cloudheim to be slacking on their clouds..."

"I'm sure she'll be back in time for the big reveal," the first guard offers, before motioning to your group. "Here, we'll show you to the festivities, if you want."

A balloonless Cutie trots back to your group, her snout scrunching up until she overhears 'festivities'. "Totally ready for those!" she says, a grin stretching across her face. "I wonder what the big deal is, though? Do you think it's..." Cutie whispers, closing in with Brazen and Curtain. "Well, you-know-who? I wonder why the Princess is away, too, and where all the angels are... you'd think they'd want to keep an eye out down here, since all the ponies are gonna be here."
    Last edited by Derjuin; 2017-11-01 at 07:54 PM.
    Behold! My tiny deviantart gallery!
    Comment, browse the itty-bitty collection, etc.
    Morning Star

9. - Top - End - #99
    Titan in the Playground

"Miss... Sparkle?" Nobility repeated puzzled a bit.

"Hmm..." she tapped her chin.
    "Maybe they want to make a come back, here and loud?" Nobility looked worried
    "We should hurry to meet them... unless.."
    she turned to Dawn.
    "Do you have some sort of communication spell?'

------
    My previouse Avater

10. - Top - End - #100

"Communication spell?" Dawn has to ponder this question. "I can try to make one up on the fly, maybe if I combine some kind of sound/sending magic with air elements? Who are you looking to contact?"
    Digo Dragon - Artist

11. - Top - End - #101
    Titan in the Playground

"Well, I am greedy filly. I want us, not to miss Sparkle's reveal, and not to miss our scheduled meeting. I don't want us to lose each other.. but maybe we can eat the cake, and keep it whole, as they say?'

------
    My previouse Avater

12. - Top - End - #102

"So... split up, but still keep in touch with each other?" Dawn asks. "Is that what you're getting at? A spell so we can keep two groups informed? ...not a bad idea actually, if that's it."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ettin in the Playground

"Wow..." Silver says to the guardponies, at this point no longer even shocked by all the bizarre similarities this place has to Equestria. Someone has to have made it this way deliberately. Maybe someone with access to Elysium? Eh, whatever....

"That sounds like fun! And I'm sure in the mood for some festivities. I'll see if I can convince some of my friends to come with me."

With that, Silver momentarily returns to the group, joining the whispering. "That spell sounds like a good idea if we are going to split up. Dawn, do you have enough magic in you to cast that and that illusion spell too? And Nobi-" It does not really occur to Silver that he just called Nobility by such a friendly name. "-what group do you want to go with? I'll be going with the guardmares to check out the festival."

Once everything has been decided, probably with a lot more bickering, Silver returns to the two ladies, putting on the most innocent and foal-like face he can muster. "So, uh, you two are real guards? Must be kinda boring now that the angels are taking care of everything."
    Always look for white text. Always.
    That's how you do it! Have a cookie!
    Quote Originally Posted by ezekielraiden View Post
    You don't win people over by beating them with facts until they surrender; at best all you've got is a conversion under duress, and at worst you've actively made an enemy of your position.

You don't convince by proving someone wrong. You convince by showing them a better way to be right. The difference may seem subtle or semantic, but I assure you it matters a lot.

14. - Top - End - #104

Dawn nods. "It'll be a little bit tiring, but I think I can handle two spells."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

15. - Top - End - #105
    Troll in the Playground

Brazen scratches his head. "Well I ain't sure. Maybe if we run real quick we can meet up with them before things kick off? Plus I'd think with so many ponies in one place there'd be somepony who could handle things if something bad happens."

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ettin in the Playground

"But...we'd look really cool, splitting up and talking to each other magically...like badflank spies..."

Realizing that Brazen is unlikely to consider the flair with which they do this unimportant, Silver quickyl backpedals.

"Uh, I mean that I think Celestia and Luna are gonna catch too much attention here for us to talk to them before they do anything. Besides, I don't doubt the ponies of Equinia can handle themselves better than the angels think they do, but I still don't want to miss what bizarro Twilight is going to reveal to them. The more information we all have, the better."
    Always look for white text. Always.
    That's how you do it! Have a cookie!
    Quote Originally Posted by ezekielraiden View Post
    You don't win people over by beating them with facts until they surrender; at best all you've got is a conversion under duress, and at worst you've actively made an enemy of your position.

You don't convince by proving someone wrong. You convince by showing them a better way to be right. The difference may seem subtle or semantic, but I assure you it matters a lot.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Troll in the Playground

"If we can meet with the Princesses whenever then I guess I wouldn't mind hitting up Twilight's reveal first." Brazen gives a shrug. "Just don't know if splitting up is the best option since we don't know how the angels will react to the Princesses."

18. - Top - End - #108

Quote Originally Posted by userpay View Post
    "If we can meet with the Princesses whenever then I guess I wouldn't mind hitting up Twilight's reveal first." Brazen gives a shrug. "Just don't know if splitting up is the best option since we don't know how the angels will react to the Princesses."
    "I worry about the princess sisters too. I think going to the crystal garden and meeting with them is a good idea to do sooner than later," Dawn says.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

19. - Top - End - #109
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

"W-well," Curtain Call said slowly, coming back to reality while listening to the discussion of the others. "Going by video g-game logic, meeting the Princesses is the way to advance the main quest. If this was a video game, I'd say that we should do that last, since they'd have to wait f-for us to arrive and we might miss an important side quest if we move the main story f-forward too fast. But since this is only like a video game... did Celestia ask to meet us as soon as possible, or anything like that? I can't remember."
    "I need the Goblins in phalanx arrangement. Sky Blotters in the back! Swissles? Assume the Swizzle Stick Formation! We're going in!"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #110

"But maybe this is an advanced game, where you are on a hidden timer to reach certain plot points!" Dawn suggests to Curtain. "If this is a game, it would make sense to use real time since that's how we experience it, yes?"
    Digo Dragon - Artist

21. - Top - End - #111
    Titan in the Playground

Nobility has opened her mouth to say something.
    Few times.
    Without noticing, Curtain and Dawn have spoken advanced dorkish.
    She kind of felt left out... she should learn this launguage someday.

"Sooooo.....?"

------
    My previouse Avater

22. - Top - End - #112

"Sooooo.....?"
    "Oh, translated, the two sisters might go ahead with whatever their plan is in the gardens and not wait for us. Which, if they do, then that also means the angels will react to them, and not wait for us."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

23. - Top - End - #113
    Titan in the Playground

"Pff... you should write a dictionary." Nobility grunted.
    "So... splitting with communication spell might be a good idea?"

------
    My previouse Avater

24. - Top - End - #114
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

"That's... a good point. After all, this 'game has been on r-repeat several times over, so it's probably super hard. An arb-ar--a tough timer would make a lot of sense for that." He glances over at Nobility for a second as she speaks. "Usually splitting the party is a b-bad idea, but the 'game' might be counting on th-that and make splitting up the only way to w-win, so... maybe?"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #115

"Pff... you should write a dictionary." Nobility grunted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    "Usually splitting the party is a b-bad idea, but the 'game' might be counting on th-that and make splitting up the only way to w-win, so... maybe?"
    Dawn raised an eyebrow to Nobility. Write a dictionary? Did Nobi know what the inside of one looked like? Yarr... no, keep the saltiness to herself. She ignored the comment, but now with both Nobility and Curtain thinking of a party split, this was serious business.

"Alright well... I want to see the princesses at the crystal garden. Where did you all want to go?"
    Digo Dragon - Artist

26. - Top - End - #116
    Titan in the Playground

"I want to see the local Twilight... I guess."

------
    My previouse Avater

27. - Top - End - #117
    Troll in the Playground

The two guardsmares look between each other at your talk of princesses and games and splitting parties, and give each other a weak shrug. "Uh... if you were looking for help getting to the celebration grounds, we can take you," one of the guards says, motioning down the road. "You just need to follow the main circlefare; it'll take you right to the Crystal Court. If you're looking for miss Sparkle, you'll probably find her at the Crystal Gardens. That's where the stage and everything is set up," the other guard explains.

They begin trotting toward a larger street that seems to encircle the huge cliffside atop which the Palace sits, where even more ponies are trotting and galloping to the left.

"I feel like, maybe, this 'miss Sparkle' and her surprise might possibly involve Celestia and Luna," Cutie remarks, taking a few tiny steps toward the circular road. "Let's go find out!"
    Morning Star

28. - Top - End - #118

Quote Originally Posted by Derjuin View Post
    "I feel like, maybe, this 'miss Sparkle' and her surprise might possibly involve Celestia and Luna," Cutie remarks, taking a few tiny steps toward the circular road. "Let's go find out!"
    "I agree, I want to see what this surprise has in store for us," Dawn adds. She looks to the others. "Anyone going some other direction? Should I try that communication spell?"
    Digo Dragon - Artist

29. - Top - End - #119
    Titan in the Playground

"I.. want to see this "supposedly" Twilight as well... but..." Nobility hesitated abit.
    "I hope we won't miss anything.."

------
    My previouse Avater

30. - Top - End - #120
    Troll in the Playground

Curtain, Nobility, Dawn

As you follow the guardsmares toward the Crystal Court, a haunting feeling falls over each of you. Almost as if something completely unnatural is occurring nearby, like the laws of the universe are being breached, but in ways no pony could ever imagine. You notice that for a while of following the guards, there seem to be far fewer ponies around you - perhaps they've all moved on in their group toward the festival, and you just happened to have found a pocket between mobs.

As you round the gigantic circular street, you come upon an arch that leads into a district very much unlike the previous - there are magical lanterns set in fancifully crafted lamp poles, resembling various kinds of flowers; there are flags and banners flying atop marble buildings proudly portraying a lily, lotus, and chicory flower; the sides of the road are lined with metallic fences, a wiry mesh of intricate curls and spirals of silver. Towering above the nearby architecture (yet paling in comparison to the cliffside that hosts the palace) is a cylindrical building made of what appears to be solid, cloudy crystal.

Rounding a building, you see a large courtyard filled with low-cut hedges and topiary trees in the shape of various ponies, including (according to their plaques) Princess Lily, Prince Intybus, Queen Lotus, King Chicory, and "Her Worship, the Lady Cadenza", whoever that might be. Just behind the topiary garden is a large marble platform, which supports a plinth upon which a statue of a large winged unicorn stands on her two hind legs, clutching a heart-shaped stone to her chest. The statue seems incredibly life-like - even the wings seem constructed of individual feathers, each carefully arranged.

Further behind the garden and beyond the platform, you see large crystals suspended upon vines and in tastefully arranged displays; some of them create dancing lights about the area, and others show visions of faraway places that might be entirely fantastical. Several groups of ponies crowd around the crystals, some watching and clapping their hooves, while others dance and chase the lights that flit about the area.

However, a majority of the ponies in the area are gathered at the statue, and a lavender unicorn stands beside that statue, waving to the ponies about her.

"Hello! Hi there! Thank you all so much for coming out! I think we're almost ready to unveil our surprise...!" She says, to many cheers from the crowd.

Malachite

How long had it been since the darkness began? You feel tired, and a headache radiates from your horn into your head as a horrid chill creeps up your back. You feel the magic around you twisting and churning in alien ways, completely different from Equestria's magic. And yet, at the same time, there's familiarity to it; it is definitely Equestrian magic.

In your mind, a hideous voice scrapes and grinds against your sanity... it's incredibly difficult to make out what it is even trying to communicate.

Spoiler: The Voice
    Show

I͚͉̟̤̙͇ͅǹt̟̜̟̞͈̼̀r̴̗̜̩̣͇̺͙u͕̯̕ͅd̷̖̺̮e̼͖̤r͉̘̟̖

Y̽̈͏̧̗̦̭͓̹̞͕͉̗o͋҉̝͚̰̕u̪͙͚̰̓̈̄̅̈́̂ ͙̗͚̜͕̳͔̮̀̑ŵ̵̯̺͓̲͗͊ͨ͋̓̔̓͘͜ḣ̡͕̰̠͇ö̢̧̝̦̞̻́ͬͬ ̸̹̮̱̤̹͓̲̠͚̂̈ͭ̃̑̈́ͫ̾͜d͓̈́͌ͤ̐ͩǫ̵͎̼̪̯̯͉̇̾̉ͫ̌ͭͤ̄̍͞ȩ̺ͥ̓ s̵̛̲̳̙̺ͨ͒̌ ̵̩̹̲͔̣̞̌ͩ́ͭ̃͒͑̔̀n̒͠҉̣̯̺̞̼̱̮̙̩͝ȍ̓͛ͨ͂̿͋͑҉̯͔͎̳̻͍̯t̓̆ ̨̝̪͔̞̞̘͍ͩ̃ͭͤ͜ͅ ̹̩̹͍̲̲̫̝̘ͣͭͦ̑̑̽̓͑b̝̟̱̖͌ͩ͂͘͘e̶̦̩͈̗̼̞̳ͪ̓ͣl̷̯̖̬̒ͨͩ̾̿́ ̜ơ̶̧̫ͯ̋͌̐n̝̺͍ͪ͑̊͗ͫ̎ǵ̛̬͔̺̼̲͖̠̱͎͐̋̿̃̑͊̓ͣ́,̎͌̒̎̊͑ͣ͂ ̷̀҉̟̰̮̫͙ ̭͚͕̱̞̇̈̅ͫͮ̒́̍͝ş̯̱̞͚̬̤̬͍̀̋̎̔ͭͩh̸̵̼̀̽̾͂̊̀̒͜ǎ̶̸̀͒̆͜ ̦̦̩l̹͈̙̞̦ͬ̓͢l̛̞̦̫̠̠̯̪͖͛̊̇ͣͣͧ̍ ̴̢̝̻͚̼͙̟͍͓͐̀ͅḭ͈̜͈̟̹̳̘͗̿͋̈̀̃̍ͥṇ̱͓̣̣̥͇̖̊͜ḩ̎̉̋̓ͨ͌͑ ̭͕͚͇̼͜ę̶͓͙͚̘͇̱̉̄̀r̟̮̰̖̼̗͛ͧͣͩͤ̕ḭ͕̭̰̬̰̯̞̔̍̈ͬ̆̎̂t̔ͥ ̵͙͔̯͙͓͙͔̬̮ͭ̾͋̽ͪ́ ̢̫̘̫̯̺͑ͧͩ͋̍͢ț̗̰̫̯̻̼̩ͪ̀̓h̘̦̗͙̭͐ͬ̏ͫ͌̑̉̀̓e̱ͣͥͫͤͦ̈́̃͢͜ ̟̮̥̲̪̺̙ ̟̱̤͉̻̻͎͊̍̀ͅȩ̮̞ͮͬ͂m̳͇ͯ̽̚ͅbͤ̂̂ͨ͑҉̥̕ṙ͗͐͂̎̇̌҉͏̪̼̟̜a̻͓̪̝̰͋͆̔̄͆̉͢ ̹͔̬͓ć̷͖̩̹̞̣͇͐̋ȩ̭̹̱͍̅͗̐͢͡ ͍̱̲͉͈̔͜͞ͅơ̬̞̱̰̺͉̌́͜f̞͙͙̽͋̉͆̒̍͂̊ ̷͈̟̖̳͕̥̮̄ͪ͝t̵̰̜̳ͭ͊̉̃̋ͫͬ͊͘͟ḧ͕̻̰̘̅̀͆ͨ͡ē̉҉̼͚̯̺̪ ̟ ̷̰͚̼̥̩̺̪ͩ̐vͧ̔͒̒̆͘͏̬͎͙͉ǒ̺͑̄͌ͬ͆͒́͜͠i̧̛͎̲͈͍̖͍͉̲͇͑̀̈́͌ d̸̟̭͉̝͇ͥͧ̌̽ͯ̀

Ý̶͢҉͉̙͚̰̭̫̫̺̘̤o̶̗̼͔̳͖͍̪̦̕ͅu̶̷̹̞̞̯͉̟̬͡ ̴̼̪̲̬̭͙͍͓̣̬̙̀̕ͅͅw̩̭̣̩͙̳̯͚̻̝͖̯͉̜̩̟͇̼͝ì̧̛͇̲̰̥̩̥̱͞ͅl ̟͈͖̪̩̀ĺ̲̱̣͉̼͇̟͔̻̳̦̠͍̼̩̘̕͜͜ͅ ̷̪̦̣̳͔̫̬̥̝̣͙̻̞͟ņ̸̸͇̠͕͍̰̟͇̫̲̜͓̝͖ò̶̷͙̭̗̰̯̙̠̠͓̥͠͝t̕ ̡̣͚̱̲̘̯̜̯̦͈͙̳̥̳͕͜ͅ ̴̸̠̦͍͉̜̯̩̪̣̖́͞ͅs̴͓̖̹̯̫̟͍͜͞͞͝ừ̖͍͔̼͢r̺̳͚̠̠͙͔̻̫͜v̶͟ ̶̶̤̣̥͕̤̺͖̯̯̮̼ͅi̷̹̰̖͇̩͜ͅv̵̺̙͙̻͎͚̯̲̠̞͚̪͚͉̀e͔͔̥͎̞̕͜͜͜ ̹͕̗̘̰̗ͅ

Suddenly, the horrible chill is gone, as is your headache; however, a sense of deepening darkness and falling gloom looms over you, as if something in the endless expanse of nothingness all about you is an actual, corporeal creature.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Welcome aboard, Raziere! Malachite is not yet in Equinia, but will be soon.
    Last edited by Derjuin; 2017-12-06 at 11:01 PM.
    Morning Star