New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: From the Sky [IC]

Wheeled travel was so...inefficient, slow, bumpy, rump-blistering, nauseating. Not for the first time, Fisker wonders why the damnable shuttle couldn't have just hovered right up to the site and lowered them on a rope or something. Maybe if it had been a proper pilot instead of some fancy cab company hack. He was probably more worried about being on time for his next fare than getting them to the right place.

Yes, he'd have to write a sternly worded letter to the company management when he had the time, but for now he had more pressing concerns. The aforementioned nausea paramount among them. Remembering a trick from some cheap seafaring adventure vid he'd seen as a youth, he fixes his eyes on a landmark instead of allowing his vision to bounce about with the vehicles motion. And odd set of rock formations...and, hrm, a similarly regular set on the other side of the canyon.

"Someone put those there." Fisker points up to the arranged rocks. "Look how even they are. That's artificial. But...why? The reason I can think to put something up that high on the canyon is to give cover against people below. Or to push those rocks down on us."
    Take a deep breath.
    Take a step back.
    And wonder how you can make it funnier.
    -Ilorin Lorati

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

SL4Y3R

The pilot nods to Fisker, and turns off down the path that isn't set up as either an ambush or a shooting gallery. Or both.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Heading for the ore deposit
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

3. - Top - End - #33
    Troll in the Playground

The trip down the next canyon is bumpier even than before, but ultimately harmless to the vehicle and its occupants. Just a few hundred yards further, the GPS system is saying that the probe site is just beyond the cliff face beside you. It's about forty meters high, and surprisingly smooth, perhaps from the acid that likely wore the canyon down. The canyon continues for another hundred meters or so ahead of you before, apparently, merging back into the canyon it branched off from.
    Please don't capitalize my name.

Cho avatar by Noel. Thanks!

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Soran glances at the GPS, then the cliff, then sighs. Of course. "Probe's either up top there, or back in that other canyon. You know, the one we specifically didn't go down for some reason. I don't feel like climbing today, let's loop back around over there." He points towards where the two canyons merge back together.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

SL4Y3R

The driver shrugs and turns the car around, backtracking to head up to the probe.
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

6. - Top - End - #36
    Troll in the Playground

Things proceed normally until the group has driven perhaps a hundred meters down the other path. The probe is about another two hundred meters forward, with the unusual rock formations half that distance away.

At that point, the silence is broken by the unmistakable crack of gunfire as a gun is fired from behind the rock formation on the right, aimed at SL4Y3R.

Spoiler: Profession (soldier) DC 12
    Show
    That was definitely a sniper rifle, scoped in on your location.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    One attack on SL4Y3R. Initiative time!

Attack: (1d20+5)[15] against KAC. SL4Y3R has a +2 cover bonus to AC against this attack.
    Damage: (1d10)[5] piercing
    Please don't capitalize my name.

Cho avatar by Noel. Thanks!