New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Default Requesting a special forum for kickstarter announcements

Is there, or can we have, a special forum just for kickstarter announcements? I swung by looking to spread the word about our recently launched kickstarter but there's a ten post minimum before you can attach a link.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Requesting a special forum for kickstarter announcements

There's a General Crowdfunding Thread for this sort of thing, however, the minimum-post rule is still in effect there. That rule was instated as part of a spam-prevention measure, so it is unlikely an exception would be made- any spam that is "deflected" by the rule would end up in the excepted area.
    "Okay, so I'm going to quick draw and dual wield these one-pound caltrops as improvised weapons..."
    ---
    "Oh, hey, look! Blue Eyes Black Lotus!" "Wait what, do you sacrifice a mana to the... Does it like, summon a... What would that card even do!?" "Oh, it's got a four-energy attack. Completely unviable in actual play, so don't worry about it."

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Also, the general thought process for new subforums isn't "Let's make one for this subject that gets lost in the rest of the stuff", because that simply means it's not popular enough for its own forum, but more like "Let's make one for this subject that is so large it drowns out everything else". And even that is a last-last resort.
    I have my own TV show featuring local musicians performing live. YouTube page with full episodes and outtake clips here.
    I also have another YouTube page with local live music clips I've filmed on my own.
    Then there is my gaming YouTube page with Kerbal Space Program, Minecraft, and others.
    Finally, I stream on Twitch, mostly Kerbal Space Program and Minecraft.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Firbolg in the Playground

Also, the forum has restrictions on publishers/authors advertising their own products. Making a whole forum just for that seems counterproductive.