New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 45 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Default Re: [PTU] big teej presents: Kanto Plus: Aftermath - Thread II

Spoiler: GM
    Show
    "Thank you for your time sir," Cassandra says, "but I think I'll try some of the other people here."

She heads over to the two people with fishing poles. "Hey there. I have a Gligar to trade. I think I'm looking for another flying-type, but I'm also interested in whatever else you have to offer."

Spoiler: Message to Lennox
    Show
    Thank you! I'm looking for another flying type, you wouldn't happen to have one, would you?
    Last edited by InTheMachine; 2017-10-04 at 11:59 AM.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Barbarian in the Playground

Spoiler: GM Only: Shop 'til you drop!
    Show
    Aegwynn frowned a little when it came to the Water Stone, but some extra spending money did seem like a nice idea. She accepted the 2,000 Pokken offer for the unpackaged Calcium. Then she began compiling a list in her head, rattling off the things she needed to the shop attendant, "I'll need quite a lot of pokeballs, twenty should do. Basic Ball is fine. I need seven potions, oh and I suppose picking up two more antidotes wouldn't be a bad thing?" she mused as she looked out to the aisles of the shop, seeing if anything else came to mind, "I guess Paralyze Heals too, five of those, and a couple of bandages...oh and do you have Net Balls? Oh, and pokemon food?" she asked enthusiastically, this being one of the few times she's actually had a bit of money to work with.

That's when she noticed the stock that they actually did have. There were a few things that she wouldn't be able to acquire. She slumped a little bit, and was slightly embarasesd, "Oh, sorry...I should be more observant." she said sullenly, scolding herself mentally for getting to caught up in the moment of shopping. She took what she could get then, twenty-five basic balls, two antidotes, seven bandages, four potions, and one heavy ball. This put her at a tab of 10,350, which she used 2,000 from the sale of the vitamin, and the rest came from her wallet. She thanked the clerk and left the mart, only to smack herself on the forehead..."I forgot Stjarna with the nurse..." she said. She realized this little blunder, heading back to the Pokemon Center.

Once at the Pokemon Center, she would take a look to see who all was here as she approached the counter, waiting her turn if necessary before speaking with the Nurse. "Sorry ma'am, I forgot to get my Pokemon earlier. I hope it's doing well." she said as she handed her pokedex over to claim her pokemon.

Last edited by MashPotatoJones; 2017-10-04 at 03:08 PM. Reason: Oops...forgot they had a set shopping list.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Bugbear in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Spoiler: Lennox and GM
    Show

OOC: added Lennox for sake of expediency.

Ken watches as the Magnemite falls, walks over and picks up the Pokeball that missed and places the fallen Pokémon somewhere away from predators. Wait did it even have any? Eh. “Well Zippo, good job. Would have been a good addition but we’ll have another.” He chuckles and pats Zippo’s head.

The rest of the walk to the Center was uneventful. As he walked in Ken jumped in line and when it was his turn, he turned in his full team to the nurse. As he waited he would walk over to the restaurant, place an order for a burger and sit down. Wait there’s Lennox.

“How’d your battle go Lennox? That Magnemite ended up not getting captured.” He took a few bites of the burger. “Ready for the gym challenge? After that last battle and looking at previous ones, it’s gonna be rough.”

Ken takes this time to archive all the techniques he recorded at the courts.
    Last edited by Roguewolf; 2017-10-04 at 01:25 PM.

4. - Top - End - #154

GreataxeFighterGuy

Spoiler: Surprise, Surprise(Not Tyson)
    Show
    "It was fun. but I ended up losing His team had a ton of Synergy. I honestly wasn't expecting that level of strategy. I'll have to be ready next time. How was your battle? Better than mine, I hope. You were definitely in it when I went to fight. We'll Tackle the Gym Together!

When Lennox makes his way back into the Center The Nurse is there to greet him. She lights up when she tells Lennox that Tazers getting ready to evolve. He dashes with her to the patient room where tazer is being kept and their both greeted by a blinding light. when the Light receeds Lennox loses his balance as Tazer lands forcefully into his chest. "Hey little Guy, You did it!" Lennox says to his Pikachu. "That new bit of weight threw me off. I'm glad you're getting stronger! We can definitely face that Gym Now!. Let's show'em buddy!

Spoiler: Message to Cassandra
    Show
    A Flying type? Nah. Closest thing I got to flying types are Mag and Boomer. I was going to try and catch one of those Starly while we were on our delivery but they were all flocked together. and I'm not sure stirring them up would've been worth it.
    Last edited by TJ Zen; 2017-10-04 at 01:55 PM.
    "Your knowledge cannot save you. Your magic cannot save you. Nothing can save you." -Hida Kisada

5. - Top - End - #155

NinjaGuy

Spoiler: GM Only
    Show
    "Long enough to know you're gonna get hurt trying to talk down something large and angry." She says with a laugh. "Look, you gotta understand...."

Lucille spends a fair portion of the next stretch of climbing, scraping, getting rocks in your socks, and straining walking you through the basics of poke-psychology and mentor-ship. You manage to digest most of what Lucille's rambling about, in between your trail troubles... You feel more confidant in your ability to charm a pokmeon into a ball instead of having to beat them into submission.
    Spoiler: Was she always this smart (and cute)? - Focus
    Show

"Yeah you're probably right. I got lucky this time around..." When Lucille begins her seminar on poke-psychology Tyson does his best to listen and retain the information during their ascent. Tyson makes sure to ask several questions in return over the course of her lecture, partly for clarification and but mostly to keep himself focused.

When did she become such a super nerd? Maybe she was always this way? She's passionate for sure. And I gotta admit, the way she talks about pokemon is pretty cute... Wait! Focus Ty, reel it in!

"So how did you learn all of this stuff anyway? You go to a trainer's school when you were younger?"

"I've got an idea that might make this easier..." Lucille says, looking up the steep, gravely slope ahead of you. She releases her Machop and walks it through what she's after. The Machop flexes and then attacks the wall, scaling it in a.... more violent manner than might be strictly necessary. it leaves rents and gouges in the hillside after it. Lucille looks at you and shrugs "I dunno if that'll actually help."
    Tyson returns Lucille's shrug with one of his own. "Couldn't hurt to try? Nice work Brawn!"

Pokespotting

You see some weird looking birds circling overhead, but you can't quite make out what they are. As you continue to climb, you notice more geodude and roggenrola, seemingly content to mind their own business and eat rocks.

You encounter a Rhyhorn which stomps on the ground and kicks up a cloud of dust when you reach a small plateau. Brawn faced off against it at Lucille's direction and she ended up adding it to her collection.

Shortly before dusk, you catch the echoing sound of... well, you're not sure what it is... it's a heavy, fleshy impact. like if you slapped a rock as hard as you could... and your hand was the size of a car.

Following the noise, you find a rotund, yellow pokemon with blue fists on a flatter section of the mountain. As you watch, the pokmeon runs at top speed and flings itself into a boulder - the source of the sound. The pokemon is covered in rock-dust and scrapes from this self-inflicted abuse. A small hole is dug into the mountainside... the failing light doesn't reach more than a few yards before being swallowed up by the depths.
    As the two trainers continue the climb Tyson will register the Roggenrola in his pokedex if possible.

"Rhyhorn's a pretty impressive pokemon in my experience. You ever gonna rotate it onto your roster? I ran into a guy with one back in Pewter but I never really got to see it in action. Not that it mattered... He seemed to be content with using it to strong arm his "opponents" into submission. I probably wouldn't have learned anything from watching him anyway." (Yeah I said it Zen! Fight me!)

Tyson registers the rotund fighter as it trains and will offer the chance to catch it to Lucille.

"Yo, check out that hole!" Tyson points to the surface of the mountainside. "Think it's worth taking a look into?" The ninja boy skirts the young fighting type in order to get a better look in the hole.

Spoiler: Stealth up to the hole (if needed)
    Show

http://orokos.com/roll/555653

Art of Stealth activates!

Damn it! I forgot... Tyson instinctively reaches into his bag for his flashlight only to come up empty handed. An idea immediately surfaces and the ninja boy releases Sunny beside him. "Hey Sunshine!" Tyson greets the Braxien with a warm smile. "Could you lend me a hand?" He points into the hole. "A light would be great." He pretends to strain seeing into the hole.
    Last edited by PK-Leon; 2017-10-05 at 01:18 AM.

6. - Top - End - #156

AssassinGuy

Show

In between bites and writing down all the information on the techniques, Ken continues his conversation with Lennox.

“It was rough. Fun, but rough. Those Fighting types are really something. We lost but I managed to learn a few things. Aria will need to avoid some but that’ll come with practice. Midoriya, my Meinfoo I caught in the mountains with Aegwynn, will probably take to some of these moves nicely.” Ken continues to the next page with methods on another technique and looks up at Lennox. “We’ll definitely tackle that obstacle in our journey!” Ken laughs a bit.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Spoiler: Cassandra:
    Show

"We caught a duckling the other day, but we don't go much for flying types, ya know?" The fisherwoman offers, gesturing to their rods and tackleboxes. "But I think a gligar would be a pretty cool swap."

The boy chuckles "We caught the ugliest dang fish you've ever seen in your life. We also caught some tadpoles today." He turns towards his companion "what else we got laying around?"

The woman puts a finger to her lip and looks skyward. "I know we've been catching a lot of goldeen lately... and those silly bugs."

Spoiler: Aegwynn:
    Show

"It's no trouble." The nurse assures you when you pick up Stjarna.

ooc: what do you intend to do while you wait for the rest of the party? or do you want to strike out towards cerulean on your own?

Spoiler: Lennox and Ken:
    Show

You find the gym without incident. It looks... New? Like it'd recently been renovated. There is a large set of boxing gloves molded over the front doors, and in the courtyard are three big statues, twice as tall as you, at least. A Machamp, a Sawk, and a Hitmonchan. There's a nice big sign that reads
    WELCOME TO PEWTER CITY GYM
    OUR POKEMON PACK A PUNCH!

Inside, you are overcome with the nauseating combined stench of disinfectant, seat, and body odor. This gym is, literally, a gym. Pokemon and trainers are working with weights, sparring with each other, and attacking punching bags and dummy targets all around. Almost all of the trainers are wearing martial artist gi's. There is a receptionist... sort of. A large, burly, lantern jawed, fellow with a toothpick hanging out of his mouth sits behind the front desk. He's wearing a tight fitting red tank-top and dark blue sweatpants.

He looks up at you and growls. "Whatcha need? Come to train?"

Spoiler: Tyson:
    Show

Lucille shakes her head when you ask about trainer school. "Nope, everything I know, I taught myself."

Poke Spotting
    Lucille shrugs. "If you don't want it, sure. I'll catch up with you at the cave."

The sounds of Augur attacking the Makuhita echo off the mountainside as you creep over to the cave.

Standing in front of the cave, Sunny looks at you and then back at the cave uncertainly. She pulls the scorched twig from her tail and flings a small blot of fire into the cave. it flickers into the distance, you don't see anything in the feeble strobe before the flame fizzles out.

ooc: Unless I'm missing something, Sunny doesn't have anything that grants the Glow capability.

Lucille approaches and rests an arm on your shoulder. "What's up with the cave?" she asks.
    Last edited by big teej; 2017-10-06 at 12:06 PM.

8. - Top - End - #158

Spoiler: GM Only: Walking 'round town.
    Show
    After having retrieved Stjarna from the nurse, she turned around and took a few steps away from the desk, before taking a glance at her watch. Seemed to be about seven in the evening, shaking her wrist until the sleeve of her hoodie covered the timepiece once more. She stood there in the middle of the Pokemon Center's lobby. Seemed a bit early to turn in, so...time to go for a walk!

Aegwynn decided it was a nice evening for a stroll through town, choosing to head East, wanting to get some bearings of the direction out of the city for the journey to Cerulean coming up. She decided to keep her eyes open the entire time, no pokemon by her side as she strolled along, occasionally floating obstacles such as mail boxes and newspaper stands as she meandered through the city. She decided she didn't spend enough time poking around the city looking for Pokemon. Svangur was quite the catch, she supposed that there must be more incredible pokemon like her wandering about.

Perception (Pokemon Spotting) [1AP to Boost]: 20

9. - Top - End - #159

AssassinGuy

Spoiler: Not Tyson
    Show

After he finishes his writing and is called by the nurse, Ken walks up to the counter to pick up his team. After securing the balls to his belt he turns to Lennox. “Ready for the gym bud? Time to go in like a raging inferno!” He was getting pumped up.

He will send a quick text to Cassandra and Aegwynn in his way.

Spoiler: Aegwynn and Cassandra text
    Show

“Hey me and Lennox are about to hit the gym, wish us luck! Guess we’ll meet up afterwards. See you soon!”

As they approached the gym, he couldn’t help but admire the design. Nothing like Blaine’s gym, but still good regardless. “Guess that battle with the martial artist was a good idea.....” Ken couldn’t help but think out loud.

As they walked inside, Ken was hit by the smell, but waved it off. He’d known worse after several days in a confined cave. Then again there was sill airflow. As the “receptionist” speaks to them, Ken will answer back. “We’re here to challenge the gym leader actually. This’ll be our first badge each.”
    Last edited by Roguewolf; 2017-10-06 at 01:04 PM.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Show
    "An ugly fish? What level is it?" Cassandra asks. "And what constitutes a 'silly bug'?"

OOC: What time is it for me currently? Would it be kosher to ask them to stay while I go get something else to trade from the PC?
    Last edited by InTheMachine; 2017-10-09 at 09:01 AM.

11. - Top - End - #161

GreataxeFighterGuy

Spoiler: Fight Night (Not Tyson)
    Show
    Before they make their way to the Gym, Lennox will send a message to Cassandra and Aegwynn
    Spoiler: Message to Cass and Gwynn
    Show
    Hey guys, Me and Ken are on our way to beat the gym. We'll meet back up at the Pokemon center and celebrate later!

Once he's finished composing the letter, Lennox will set the roster he wants for the gym:
    Quake
    Djali
    Tonka
    Boomer
    Tazer
    Slash

At the Gym"You bet!" Lennox says to Ken. "You got this no sweat!"

"Not Today." Lennox says, Not so subtlely sizing up the mannearly his stature. "My friend and I have come to earn my first gym badge! Are you our opponent Today?" Lennox says with a smirk.
    Last edited by TJ Zen; 2017-10-06 at 12:51 PM.
    "Your knowledge cannot save you. Your magic cannot save you. Nothing can save you." -Hida Kisada

12. - Top - End - #162

NinjaGuy

Show
    Poke Spotting - Evening (Day 3)

Lucille shrugs. "If you don't want it, sure. I'll catch up with you at the cave." The sounds of Augur attacking the Makuhita echo off the mountainside as you creep over to the cave.
    Tyson shakes his head and stifles a laugh as he approaches the cave entrance. Tch! That pokemon won't even know what hit it...

Standing in front of the cave, Sunny looks at you and then back at the cave uncertainly. She pulls the scorched twig from her tail and flings a small blot of fire into the cave. it flickers into the distance, you don't see anything in the feeble strobe before the flame fizzles out.

Lucille approaches and rests an arm on your shoulder. "What's up with the cave?" she asks.
    Tyson gives Lucille a sidelong glance before looking back into the cave and speaking. "All clear, at least from what we can see so far. I was thinking we could check it out? An adventure at sunset sounds fun to me. We could even camp inside of the cave if we wanted to."

"Thanks Sunny. Now can you try making a light with the end of your stick?" He points to the stick in the pokemon's hand and mimics holding it like a torch. "All you have to do is hold it like this while we walk. I'd do it myself but those monkeys stole my flashlight. A small fire is fine. We only need enough light to see."

He pets his Braixen and waits patiently.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Spoiler: Aegwynn on a Stroll
    Show

Taking the time to walk the streets of Pewter with little in mind but observation quickly impresses a few things upon you.... The first, is that one could easily find the blocky, stone-fronted architecture of Pewter repetitive, if not oppressive. The second, is that it would seem that despite Humanity's supposed mastery over the natural world, there is no shortage of wild, abandonded, or stray pokemon wandering around every city in the world. and finally, That there seems to be a small brown, hound-ish pokemon with a flat face and a blue patch on it's back is devouring something an pile of refuse spilling out of an overturned trash receptacle. Somebody has thrown away a perfectly good pokeball, judging by the slightly grimy specimen that has rolled out of the trash and fetched up against the side of a building.

As you move towards the eastern side of town, you observe that certain pokemon seem to congregate in different areas more than others. Murkrow, for example, become less common the further east you go, but are more common in the south, there seem to be a lot of starly in the western part of town, and pidgey and spearow dominate this current area. Despite this, you see a Murkrow preening itself on a wrought iron bench.

Eventually, as the light fades into dusk, the crowds thin out, and you see more typical urbanite pokemon moving around freely. You see a floating purple orb about the size of the basketball floating above some sort of machinist's shop. There's a metal ladder bolted to the side, providing roof access.

Passing a clothing store, a flicker draws your attention to a display. it looks like one of the manakins is surrounded in some sort of darkened aura.

ooc: warp time as needed to approach whatever catches your interest.

Spoiler: Lennox and Ken
    Show

"I am Gym Trainer Mountain." The 'receptionist' informs you. He stands up from the desk, chest, shoulders, and head taller than Ken. If the muscle bound Trainer is smaller than Lennox, it isn't by much. "Come with me." He says. He hits a big yellow and black striped button on the wall as he passes through to the main area of the gym. Red flashing lights descend from the ceiling and a klaxon blares. Anyone working in the middle of the gym quickly moves out to the sides. A section of the floor opens up and moves apart, a platform rising up from beneath the gym. The platform has what looks like a heavily reinforced boxing ring on it.

The platform locks into place with a solid thunk of metal on metal. Coach Mountain leads you up to the ring and takes a hammer and strikes a bell hanging from the side three times.

A decrepit, bald old man with a snowy white beard that hangs to his chest, wearing dark glasses, a seaside shirt, green shorts, and sandals, walking with the aid of a staff appears from deeper within the gym. He limps over to your side of the ring and bows to you, his back cracks loudly. “so…” he says with a scratchy voice. “You thought you could just waltz in here and fight me eh? Heh heh heh heh… what badge is this for you boys? Hm? Heh heh heh heh.”

Show

"Level 10, and the bug is a surskrit, you know, a water bug, they skate around on the water."

ooc: It would not be unreasonable to ask them to wait if you wanted to go trade a different pokemon, however, much like how a certain mohawk'd female backed out of a trade, if they get a better offer while you're gone, they'll go for it.

Show

Sunny looks at the cave dubiously again and ignites the end of her stick and steps just inside the cave.

Spoiler: Pokemon Education TN 13
    Show

Based on the size of the cave, it's probably not the lair of an Ursaring or other big nasty thing capable of devouering you

Probably.

Spoiler: 16+
    Show

Based on the pulverized stone littering the ground, and the packed looking sides, it's more than probable that this was a natural formation that the Makuhita you saw outside expanded on.

Spoiler: 18+
    Show

Of course, you can't rule out the possibility that the makuhita hasn't formed some sort of symbiotic relationship with another cave dweller.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Show
    Cassandra debates for moment before saying, "Let me see what else is available. I might come back for that fish though, if you're still here."

She heads over to the three kids. "Hey guys. I have a Gligar for trade. I'm looking for another flying type, but I'm interested to see whatever else you have to trade."

15. - Top - End - #165

AssassinGuy

Show

Ken bows back to the old man respectfully. “This will be our first badge each sir.” He says as he straightens back up. He was trying to get a good look at the ring. It certainly was fitting, as an actual boxing ring in a literal gym. “My name is Ken Kogane, thank you for accepting our challenge sir.”

He turned his head to Lennox, looking up much higher than he had to with the gym leader. “So who goes first?”

After the order has been decided Ken will stand on the side for Lennox’s turn to observe either before or after his own battle. For his battle he will send out Aria first.

OOC: Obligatory time joke!

16. - Top - End - #166

Spoiler: Puppies, Ladders, and Mannequins!
    Show
    The brutalist nature of Pewter architecture sure was imposing. It left little to desire, but at least the stonework was precise and consistent. She supposed that's one thing they could be 'proud of' when it came to this city in the foothills. Eyes darted side to side as she traveled 'round the streets, making sure to continue east, having the setting sun to her back as she meandered. The rustling of garbage caught her attention, seeing the small canine munching away. She fished out an empty pokeball from her bag and then readied one of her own pokemon, just in case this didn't go so well for her. She hurled the Pokeball at the small pup, beaning it straight in the back, watching the ball energize.

Aegwynn (Trainer Level 6) throws a pokeball at the Puppy!
    Pokeball Go!: 18
    Capture Roll: 66

Afterwards, she will release Fil, her Phanpy. The little elephant trumpeted out before shaking its hide, its ears flopping to-and-fro, peering up to his trainer and waiting for instructions.

Spoiler: If the Pokeball clicks!
    Show
    Aegwynn watched the pokeball energize and head to her PC storage. She celebrated internally, balling up fist and pulling it towards herself in an 'Yes, I did it' gesture. She then pointed to the grimy pokeball that had loftily rolled over to the wall, nestling in the crack, "Fil, think you can bring that one to me, please?" she asked, instructing the little elephant to go and get the abandoned pokeball, waiting for the little guy to go get it and bring it back to her.

Spoiler: If the Pokeball breaks!
    Show
    Aegwynn watched as the ball broke apart, stamping her foot, "Just should've stayed in the ball! Fil, put your whole weight into it and tackle it down!" she commanded, rummaging through her bag and getting out another basic ball, chucking it at the puppy that just didn't want to stay captured, "There's better things to eat than garbage, allow me to show you that!" Unfortunately for her, she watched as the ball bounced just beside the pup, spinning around and rolling away, "Darn..."

Fil used Tackle on the doggy!
    Attack Roll: 3
    Damage Roll: 25 Normal Damage vs. Defense +1m Push!

Aegwynn (Trainer Level 6 throws a pokeball at the Puppy, again!
    Pokeball Go!: 6

After dealing with dogs in the trash and abandoned objects, she continued her walk. The murkrow on the bench only spurred images of the tale Ken might have told her during their long walk up the mountain, about how he picked a fight with one of them and it quickly turned into a flock. She shuddered and decided to leave the bird in peace. Later on a similar mental image crossed her mind as she saw the floating purple orb, but it was hard to make out just what it was with the dimming light. She peeked over to the ladder and decided it might be worth looking at, at least snag a pokedex entry perhaps. She hastily made her way over to the ladder, and ascended the side of the building, hopping up on the roof and pulling out her pokedex to get a better look at this floating purple ball.

The flickering of a mannequin got her attention, turning her head to the dim, if not dark display. How odd...one mannequin out of the group of them had this bizarre presence about it. She scratched the back of her head, seeing the closed sign on the door. She sighed a little bit and then decided it was time to get creative...

She released Elding, the little bug shaking its fuzz, static crackling before it turned its four-eyed gaze to its trainer. She did her best to not look suspicious, pushing the little bug up against the mail slot, getting him into the shop. She lifted the slot cover and spoke to the little electro-tick, "Ok Elding, get ready...I'm gonna shake that mannequin. Just be on the defense, ok?" she said to him before getting a hold of a fresh basic ball, making sure it was in its compressed form and pushing it into the mail slot as well, wanting it in the building and ready for her to use. She then made her way back to the mannequin in the window. She analyzed it before her eyes began to glow, her telekinetic powers flaring to life as she 'took hold' of the mannequin with her mind, and began to shake it vigorously, seeing if she could free the presence out of it.
    Last edited by MashPotatoJones; 2017-10-09 at 10:46 AM. Reason: It had a mail slot

17. - Top - End - #167

GreataxeFighterGuy

Spoiler: Hajime no Ippo: The Fighting Gym!(Ken and GM)
    Show
    After the old man's back cracks, Lennox looks to Ken and back to the Trainer at the desk. "Uh, It'll be my first badge, Sir. Are you sure you're the..." Lennox starts, Looking back at the old man. The Old Man's and Ken's demeanor both reek of that weirdly forthright quality. "Nevermind." Lennox says concedeing the point.

I'm guess I'm Fighting a geezer

"I'll be you First Challenger. My name is Lennox. Let's have a good scrap." He says, cracking his knuckles and rolling his shoulders. Lennox Grabs a PokeBall off of his belt and releases Quake. "Let's Go, Big Guy!"
    Last edited by TJ Zen; 2017-10-09 at 11:10 AM.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Show

The kids look at each other, uncertain what a Gligar is, until you show them the image on your pokedex. The kids' eyes get big and their jaws drop.

"oooooh man, that is so cool! Look at it!"
    "It's got claws! and a stinger, and it can fly!"

The kids chatter excitedly about what to trade until you hear one comment end the discussion. "But that's way cooler than anything we've got..."

The kids turn to you, a mixture of hope, disappointment, and sadness across their features.

The only thing we've got that cool is this baby spiky bug we caught underneath the house the other day.

ooc: Level 9 Pinsir with a -2 Baby Template for Gligar.

Spoiler: Ken and Lennox hit the gym!
    Show

or in this case, GYM HITS YOU

The old man’s glasses conceal his eyes, but he smiles a gap-toothed smile and cackles. “your first time eh? I’ll be gentle.” He cackles again and waddles to the other side of the ring and retrieves something from a compartment you cant see.

"Your fight with Gym Master Roshi will consist of a 1 on 1 fight, 2 pokemon each." Coach Mountain instructs you as he gets ready to ring the bell. "You may not interfere in the battle in any way except to give orders and encouragement to your pokemon, or throw in the towel." He points to a white rag hanging off the bottom rope.

ooc: You're free to open both spoilers, I'm just doing it for organization's sake.

Spoiler: Ken's Battle!
    Show

The Battle Begins!

Gym Leader Roshi looses a Mankey that quickly crawls up the turn buckle and perches on it, screeching at you and your pokemon. As soon as Coach Mountain rings the bell, it flings itself at Aria, battering her with a savage chop

Spoiler: ooc/mechanics/whatnot
    Show

Enemy Mankey has Initiative!
    Enemy Mankey used Karate Chop!
    Aria took 29 Fighting Damage vs. Defense!
    Aria has Initiative!

Spoiler: Lennox's Battle!
    Show

The Battle Begins!

Gym Leader Roshi looses a Mankey that quickly crawls up the turn buckle and perches on it, screeching at you and your pokemon. As soon as Coach Mountain rings the bell, it flings itself at Quake, slamming it's fist down on his head!

Show

why does orokos haaaaate you?
    Enemy Mankey used Karate Chop on Quake!
    A Critical Hit!
    Quake took 48 Fighting Damage vs. Defense!

Quake has Initiative!

Show

Tiny dogs and pokeballs
    The tiny dog disappears into the pokeball
    Spoiler: CATCH!?
    Show

the ball quickly falls to the ground and securely clicks shut
    Spoiler: Lillipup was caught!
    Show

Level 4, Male, Naive Nature, Pickup Ability, Loyalty 2

As Fil picks up the pokeball, there's a quick hiss of over-pressure followed by a loud blast. Fil drops the pokeball, trumpeting in pain and alarm.

The ball spins rapidly in place, growing up to about the size of a basketball. two angry red eyes glare at you and Fil.

Show

Voltorb used Sonic Boom!
    Fil lost 15 HP

Aegwynn and Fil have initiative!

Rooftop

Spoiler: Ping!
    Show

Originally Posted by Pokedex

Koffing, the Poison Gas Pokémon. Koffing hovers in the air, thanks to the poisonous gases it contains, which have a foul odor and can explode.

The Pokemon is hovering in front of some sort of exhaust vent, seemingly consuming the fumes.

One Might Construe it as "Breaking and Entering"

As you take hold of the manikin and shift it about, a purple and black orb of fire leaps from it, it's large eyes stare in consternation at the manikin for a moment before shifting to you. the orb rotates, or at least you assume that's what's going on as the eyes shift about within the purple flame. The orb - almost certainly a ghost pokemon, then flies through the window out into the street with you! It opens it's fanged maw and cackles in delight.

19. - Top - End - #169

AssassinGuy

Spoiler: Lennox and GM (Gym hits back?!
    Show

Ken steps aside for Lennox to take his turn first, fist out for encouragement. "You got this bud." He then observes Lennox's match, trying to find some pattern to follow for his own match.

My battle
    As the bell rings, Aria begins to build up her speed, being whacked by the monkey. She wheels around and begins to pester the angry monkey with her beak.

Aria uses Peck! It's Super Effective!
    To Hit: 4 AC2
    Damage: 24 Flying v Def

"Come on Aria keep it up! Remember our training!"

Ken issues Brutal Training Orders
    +2 to Crit range

20. - Top - End - #170

Spoiler: GM Only: Gotta Catch 'em All!
    Show
    Fil stamps the ground, dragging a front foot across the cobbled pavement, kicking up a cloud of dust. He seems quite unhappy that just happened to him. Aegwynn fishes out another fresh basic ball from her bag, enlarging it, ready to throw after she gave the command to her tiny elephant, "Ok Fil, that wasn't very nice, was it? How about you show that pokemon what happens when we don't play nice. Tackle it down!" Phanpy trumpets out before bounding along towards its target, howling as it strikes the orb with full force.

Phanpy used tackle on Voltorb!
    Attack Roll: 15
    Damage Roll: 22 Normal Damage vs. Defense

Aegwynn then hurls the pokeball at pokemon that was the target of Phanpy's ire. The ball sailed through the air, nailing its target clearly, energizing the pokemon within. Now came the wait, to see if it would bust out of the technological trap!

Aegwynn (Trainer Level 6) throws a Pokeball!
    Pokeball Go!: 14
    Capture Roll: 44

Aegwynn gave a shrug, seeing the pokemon leisurely sucking up the fumes from the shop. Maybe it would come in handy later? She wouldn't know unless she caught it and gave it a shot. She fished out another pokeball from her bag, and even pulled a pokeball off of her belt. She nodded a bit as she decided to try what happened with Lillipup, just chucking the ball at the Koffing!

Pokeball Go!: 9
    Capture Roll: 39

She would release Stjarna after throwing the pokeball, a little insurance just incase that pokemon decided it wanted to retaliate...

She put her hands on her hips as she saw the orb float through the glass, looking up at it, "Quite the trickster you are..." she told it as she quickly did her best to ready another pokeball, pulling it out of her bag and hurling it straight at the gaseous orb. The pokeball triggered and energized, sucking the spirit into its confines, the ball dropping to the pavement and wiggling vigorously.

Pokeball Go!: 13
    Capture Roll: 47

She made her way back to the mail slot, tapping it to get Elding to come back out, the little bug following instructions and climbing back through the mail slot. She used her powers to grab hold of the pokeball she put through the mail slot, floating it back to the slot to retrieve it, turning back around to see if the pokeball had clicked...or burst apart.

21. - Top - End - #171

GreataxeFighterGuy

Spoiler: Round 1!(Ken and GM)
    Show
    "That was a good hit. Shake it off, Quake!" Lennox says, encouraging the rhino."Let's Push him Back!" The Rhino Roars in Reply Rears back on his hind legs and Stomps the Mankey onto the Canvas!

Spoiler: Rolls and Damage!
    Show
    Quake used Stomp on Mankey! 43 normal damage vs Def!
    Attack Roll(Stomp) Brutal Training: 1d20 17
    Damage(Stomp with Size advantage): 2d6+41 43

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Show
    "Tell you what," Cassandra says, seeing the kids' excitement. She shows them a picture on her Pokedex of a Yanma. "I'm going to be here until noon tomorrow. Find me one of these, a Yanma, and my Gligar is yours. You have my word that I won't trade it to anyone else until you get back. Keep your eyes out for anything else cool too. You never know what you might find out there."

She smiles at the kids. "I'll see you guys between 11 and 12 tomorrow."
    Last edited by InTheMachine; 2017-10-09 at 06:49 PM.

23. - Top - End - #173

NinjaGuy

Spoiler: Adventure Awaits! - GM Only
    Show
    Sunny looks at the cave dubiously again and ignites the end of her stick and steps just inside the cave.
    "Well, it's a start at least." Tyson laughs softly. "I won't let anything happen to you if I can help it alright?"

"Alright big guy, I need you to lead the way." He says as he releases his Pancham. "If anything attacks us you attack back, got it?" After tousling Mako's hair Tyson will follow the panda into the cave with his fox in tow.

"You comin' or not?" He asks Lucille, smile barely illuminated by the faint light of the fire.

Spoiler: Poke. Edu. and Perception
    Show
    Poke. Edu.: Yeah right...

Perception: 10

http://orokos.com/roll/556989

24. - Top - End - #174
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

we're experiencing the tuesday from hell at work, so if I missed something.... oh well.

Spoiler: Lennox and Ken:
    Show

Spoiler: Ken:
    Show

The Mankey easily rolls out of the way of Aria's attack, springing up and chopping into her again with a screech.

Show

Enemy Mankey used Karate Chop!
    Aria took 32 Fighting Damage vs. Defense!
    Aria has Initiative!

Spoiler: Lennox:
    Show

Roshi's Mankey shrieks beneath Quake's feet as it's ground into the mat. It struggles and takes advantage of it's position to wallop Quake in his hind knee, spilling the massive rock type to the ground.

Show

Enemy Mankey used Low Kick!
    Quake took 51 Fighting Damage vs. Defense!

Spoiler: Aegwynn aka "who needs a capture specialist?' :
    Show

In the Alley
    The fake pokeball disappears inside the real one
    Show

Spoiler: wiggle
    Show

Spoiler: wobble
    Show

Spoiler: click!
    Show

Spoiler: Voltorb was caught!
    Show

Level 8, Genderless, Naughty Nature, Soundproof Ability, Loyalty 2,

On the Roof
    The floating bomb disapears inside the pokeball and it falls to the ground in front of the vent.
    Show

Spoiler: *wiggle*
    Show

Spoiler: *click!*
    Show

Koffing was caught!
    Level 5, Male, Hasty Nature, Levitate Ability, Loyalty 2

In the Street
    The flickering ghost disappears into the ball before it can attack you.
    Show

Gastly was caught!
    Level 13, Female, Calm Nature, Levitate Ability,

Show

The kids huddle excitedly for a moment before turning and agreeing to meet you back at noon to trade for either the baby pinsir or the coolest thing they can find.

Show

The cave, while dark, doesn't extend more than a few yards into the rock before opening up into a large, packed earth hollow.

Spoiler: Perception 13
    Show

Even with the flickering, smokey light of Sunny's torch, you're able to spy a bundle of leaves a small pile of berries.

the only way in or out of the chamber seems to be the tunnel you just came through.

25. - Top - End - #175

Spoiler: Spheres, they're all so round!
    Show
    A productive walk, indeed!

Aegwynn has reached Trainer Level 7! – Aegwynn has selected Move Tutor as her feature advancement!

After getting Elding and the basic ball she shoved into the mail slot, she figured it was starting to get late, and that with the adventures she's had out and about, it'll be another hour or two just to get back to the Pokemon Center. She yawned a little and pocketed the pokeball in her bag...and then plopped Elding into her hood, the little bug poking its head out and peering behind her. "Let me know if anyone is sneaking up on me, kay?" she said with a soft chuckle as she began to traverse back through town, making her way back to the Pokemon Center.

For the fun of it...

Perception (Pokemon Spotting) [1AP to Boost!]: 17
    Glutton for punishment...
    Perception (Pokemon Spotting) [1AP to Boost!] [SKILL MONKEY!!!]: 22
    Last edited by MashPotatoJones; 2017-10-10 at 10:16 AM.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Show
    Cassandra waves goodbye to the boys and walks back over to the fisherman if they're still there. "I ended up trading with those kids. Have a good night you guys," she says, then leaves the Trading Post.

She decides that she's not taking a direct route back to the Pokemon Center, and decides to wander a little to find some Pokemon. Ronin walks by her side, occasionally running ahead of her to check something out, but mainly stays close to her.

Perception: 26, 1 AP to boost

Annnnd I finally remembered to roll Pick Up: 8
    Last edited by InTheMachine; 2017-10-10 at 01:51 PM.

27. - Top - End - #177

AssassinGuy

Show

Aria takes the hit and wheels back around for another Peck.

Injury: 3 -1 CS SpAtk

Aria uses Peck! It’s Super Effective!
    To Hit: 8 AC2
    Damage: 28 Flying vs Def

Ken issues Brutal Training Orders
    +2 Crit Range
    Last edited by Roguewolf; 2017-10-10 at 12:28 PM. Reason: Injury

28. - Top - End - #178

GreataxeFighterGuy

Spoiler: His eyes are still alive!(Ken and GM)
    Show
    Quake lands hard onto the canvas and is a little slow to get up, but manages to stand up and takes an aggressive stance. "You took a good shot, Pal. But we're not done yet!" Quake roars in agreement and charges the pig-monkey, slamming into it with its horn and flipping him over.

Spoiler: Rolls and Such
    Show
    Quake used Horn Attack! 39 Normal Damage vs Def.
    Attack Roll(Horn Attack) Brutal Training: 1d20 6
    Damage(Horn Attack): 2d6+31 39

29. - Top - End - #179

NinjaGuy

Show
    The cave, while dark, doesn't extend more than a few yards into the rock before opening up into a large, packed earth hollow. The only way in or out of the chamber seems to be the tunnel you just came through.
    "Hey, anyone home?" Tyson asks in a low voice as he wanders into the hollow with his pokemon.

Spoiler: Perception
    Show

He waits in silence for a moment.

"Guess not..." He shrugs as he surveys the immediate area. The ninja boy looks for any sudden movements or signs of wild pokemon.

If the hollow is empty Tyson will call out to Lucille. "Hey, wanna come take a look at this place? Should we consider setting up camp here?"

30. - Top - End - #180
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Show

ooc: It would seem... you are stuck. Is there anything else you'd want to attempt during the night, or do you wanna chalk it up as a win and wait for 'tomorrow'?

You arrive back at the pokemon center without incident.

Show

ooc: You find a two Aspear Berries

You pass through a park on your meandering route back to the pokemon center. There aren't too many people around, since it's getting kind of late. You see a young man in red gym shorts with a black t shirt flinging a frisbee for his red and black dog to chase down and bring back. You also observe a Pink puffball surrounded by many sleeping birds. A purple and tan cat is creeping across the hill towards the group.

Later, in your valiant struggle to not be Lost on the way back to the pokemon center, you notice movement in a Sewer Drain. a pink-faced pokemon with strange blue horns growing from it's head is looking out at people passing by. It presses its massive white hands against the opening in the drain, as if a pane of glass kept it from getting out.

Spoiler: Ken and Lennox
    Show

Spoiler: Ken:
    Show

The mankey bounces off the mat and flings itself back to it's feet. It shrieks at Aria, beating it's fists on the mat. It gathers itself to leap, but loses it's grip on the mat and stumbles forward instead of launching itself at Aria again

Show

Mankey was Injured! Mankey's speed fell
    Manky is defiant, it's attack rose!
    Mankey used Fury Swipes
    but it faaaaaaailed

Spoiler: Lennox:
    Show

Quake's assault flings the mankey into a turnbuckle, where it disappears in a flash of red light.

"Oh, quite the show. ayee hee hee hee. But can you keep it up?" Roshi cackles and pitches a new ball into the ring.

A Meditite emerges, it puts its palms together and bows towards quake, and a bolt of energy blasts the stone rhino.

Show

Enemy Meditite used Confusion!
    Quake takes 21 Psychic Damage vs. Special Defense!

If your sheet is up to date, that should put Quake down, so your new pokemon gets to act, then Initiative resets, and if you're faster than the meditite, you get to act again.

Show

Lucille saunters in and looks around. "Probably a good idea, it's probably going to get cold tonight, and in here Gramps oughta be able to keep us warm. " She observes before looking back at the entrance. "But, if something big and nasty comes calling, we've got nowhere to go." She looks back and you and shrugs. "Your call, either in here, or out in the plateau the pudgy one was using."