New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Gundam: Wrath of the Stars IC

Yuuki reads through the dossier in silence, and then sets the datapad back very carefully on the desk.

"Alright," she says slowly. "If this is real, why haven't the pirates you got it from already leaked it to other people? If they're actually as Robin Hood-y as they want people to think they are, it would be more important to them to get this data out to the most people than it would be to get it to some captain."
    Main character-ish avatar by Oneris.
    Onyx 5: Volsung. May he live forever.

I have a quote!
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik Vale View Post
    You are a sick and twisted man.
    I like you.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Banned

DwarfClericGuy

The Gyro's heads-up display flares up as signs of the conflict picks up. Gabriel forms a fist with his right hand and hit the arm support as the stress of anticipation and eagerness gnaws at him. The distance that separates the Gyro from the enemy suit with the strange reading is still a bit too large. It would be much more safe... if he would carefully... wait for them...

"Oh, what the heck!"

As the enemy who ventured into the asteroid field fires its first shots, the Gyro's pushes itself away from its hideout backward, flip in order to land on another asteroid behind it feet firsts then launches itself outside of the asteroid field from a combination of the Gundam's legs and powerful Ion thrusters. It releases its heat rod as a whip, and as it passes the group of mobile suits in Zone C, unleash the whip-like weapon upon the anomalous Regalian suit and engage its gyros, preparing to react to its own attack.

"Hey Jake! I hope you're looking!"

Spoiler: Flashy Reckless Sneak Attack from a Psyched-Up Gloryseeker who leave itself open
    Show

Ideally, if the weapon finds its intended target and locks itself into it, power is diverted to heat it up and to its weapon arm and left leg gyro. The Gyro Gundam would uses them to pivot around itself, dragging the enemy suit to then launch it on one of its presumed bodyguard.

So 4d3-8 +3 (Flashy Attack) + 2 (Psyched Up) + 2 (Hidden) + 2 (Reckless > I give a free use of the Reckless aspect to my opponents)
    (4d3+1)[7]

C'mon, Daddy needs a good roll!

3. - Top - End - #303
    Troll in the Playground

"Oh, hmm... that's a bit weird," Athrusa agrees with the mechanic. "I guess if they're busy I shouldn't really interfere with their activities, but it would be a problem if Yuuki wasn't ready if an alarm rings..."

She nods a few times and says, "I could go check up with the Captain if that's all right? It wouldn't take me long to get back down here with all our preflight checks already taken care of, if something does happen."

4. - Top - End - #304
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Captain Brighton's expression doesn't change, though she places her cup back onto it saucer.

"I was the one who asked for the data in the first place, that's why they sent it to me first. Thieves they may be, but they do have their own code of honor and sense of pride, you know." She shrugs slightly, taking on a thoughtful look. "But perhaps they already have started leaking it, and things are just slow to move. If not, I'm sure they're considering what to do with it now, then. These are powerful people they'd be taking on. While that obviously doesn't scare them, they do have to be careful. Inciting a civil war during another active war is a bad idea. But this also offers them leverage to use against multiple governments should the need arise. They might sit on it for awhile, at least, until it's needed. There's also more to this than I'm sure they provided me; leads they probably uncovered during the course of getting this information that they'll follow up on their own. I'm speculating at this point, though, about what their next move will be, though I wouldn't be surprised if there are either scandals involving some of the people mentioned in that file in the next few weeks, or if there's a sudden shift in governmental policy about the Knights in the AAF and SA."

"That's fine. I'm not sure where the Captain is right now, though. You'll have to check with the Vengeance's Crew Chief to find out." He grins at her. "No worries, nothing can get at us until we've down-jumped anyways, so just make sure you're back in about half an hour, and you should be fine."
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

5. - Top - End - #305

NinjaGuy

Spoiler: Boost
    Show
    EWACS Down - The Sasha's shot destroyed one of the enemy's EWACS suits. The formation is limited to their own suit sensors for the time being, rather than being supported by a suit with powerful sensors.

Now that he's up close, Gabe can pick out details about the enemy suit. It must be a new model; it's not one he's familiar with. It seems to be a commander's model; where the suit would normally be white, or a greyish color, it's either a brilliant green, or a dark shade of green bordering on black. Its targeting sensors are a shade of blue rather than green. Despite the entire remaining formation not having noticed him until the Gyro was almost on top of them, the green suit reacts the fastest, thrusters blasting brilliant green-white energy in attempt to out maneuver the Gyro Gundam's attack.

Spoiler: Defense
    Show
    Quickly trying to avoid the ambush: (4d3)[9]

Spoiler: Outcome: Tie
    Show
    (Going to apply the boost to your roll, Gorum)

The tip of the rod barely brushes past the enemy suit's chestplate, and Gabe can feel a startled sort of admiration coming from the enemy pilot as the Gyro shoots through the formation. Of course, Gabe's reckless attack is going to have consequences.
    Last edited by Nova_Eclipse; 2018-05-16 at 10:08 PM.
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

6. - Top - End - #306
    Troll in the Playground

Athrusa gives a thumbs-up, as she reaches up and kind of does a half-pullup out of the cockpit up top. She floats away for a moment to get to one of the Vengeance's intercoms to ring up the Crew Chief. "Hey, it's Athrusa... I thought I'd go check up on Yuuki-chan and Captain Brighton, do you know where they are?"

7. - Top - End - #307

NinjaGuy

There's a startled shuffling on the other end of the intercom, before the Crew Chief's voice comes over the intercom's speaker.

"The Captain said she'd be down to brief you both fairly soon. Yuuki's in a closed meeting with her suit's team; they should be done in the next 10 minutes or so. If I see her, I'll send her your way, ok?"

Inside the green suit, a Ragalian, clad in their version of a normal suit, smiles to himself. It's been a long time since he's met an enemy this brave. Despite the mask over his eyes, there's an air of amusement in his expression as he works his machine's controls.

(Translated from the Ragalian)

"Show me what you're made of, Devil Machine," he comments to himself, careful not to transmit it to any of his men, or worse, the enemy. After all, perhaps it's simply a lucky strike on their part....

Outside, Gabe will see the suit reach for one of hilts at its hips, coming away with a heat sai in its left manipulator, before raising the rather oddly-shaped beam rifle in its right and aiming it squarely at the Gyro Gundam's retreating back. A moment later, a scintillating multi-colored beam roars away from the muzzle at the Gyro. He can sense a sort of amusement from the pilot, a strange sensation of hope against hope. Perhaps he's hoping his shot won't connect? He's not doing a very good job of trying to avoid that outcome if so...

Spoiler: Attack
    Show
    Making a Quick follow up shot, taking advantage of Gabe's Recklessness (spending a Fate point to do so): (4d3-2)[7]

His wingmen are mostly out of position to attack Gabe, but two of them manage to break off, trying to get into position to flank Gabe, one from above and to the right, the other from below and to the left.

Spoiler: Action
    Show
    Trying to Cleverly create the advantage Surrounded!: (4d3-6)[2]

Meanwhile, the pair behind the Sasha give chase, both trying to keep up with the red Gundam's speed.

Spoiler: Action
    Show
    Trying to Quickly create the advantage On My Six: (4d3-6)[-2]
    Last edited by Nova_Eclipse; 2018-05-17 at 09:01 PM.

8. - Top - End - #308
    Titan in the Playground

IVan Tessera
    Bravo Zone

The Sasha deploys the beam saber in its left gauntlet, catching it mid-space and activating the weapon. It turns past and behind a nearby asteroid. It then slam the green blade into the asteroid it was turning towards, creating a cloud of debris as the rock expands and breaks apart, concealing the mobile suit. While this is happening, the wing binders face the front of the mech, and all of the thrusters fire to slow down, allowing the mechs to fly past.
    Spoiler: Sneaky Defense
    Show

That was the 3 on the roll

The metal frame groans in protest, prompting IVan to let go of the throttle. Such tactics are probably too rough from the incomplete machine. He should lay off until reinforcements have been made.

The enemies fly past, carried by their own momentum, to the funnels that the Sasha left behind, which activate and fire a deadly barrage of beam attacks on the Ragalian Victims.
    Spoiler: Sneak Attack
    Show

(4d3-1)[8] (3+ 2 from All Range Attack +2 from Home Court Advantage)
    Spent a Fate Point to Invoke Home Court Advantage

Meanwhile, behind the asteroid from before, the Sasha deactivates its saber. IVan examines the experimental machine with concern. A new machine with a potentially newtype opponent made for a difficult fight. He will have to assist post haste.
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2018-05-17 at 09:32 PM.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

9. - Top - End - #309
    Troll in the Playground

Athrusa looks just a little bit surprised. "O-oh... a closed meeting? Okay, I won't interrupt them, then. Sure, I'll be around..." though now she's feeling a little more nervous about what that could've been about. The Captain had quite the hard line against Yuuki, and while she appreciated that... she wonders what the way to getting her to be nicer is. She has an idea. "Hey, um, Yuuki's dad is onboard this ship as well, right? I don't know the details, but... do you think it's possible for me to have a chat with him?"

10. - Top - End - #310

NinjaGuy

"He's the one who called the meeting, but if you want to chat with him later, you can. I think they're going over data from the last sortie to try and prepare in case we run into something when we downjump," the Crew Chief explains. Athrusa can almost hear him scratching his head. "Shouldn't be long, either way, but I can send him your way if you'd like when they're done."

11. - Top - End - #311
    Banned

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Nova_Eclipse View Post
    Inside the green suit, a Ragalian, clad in their version of a normal suit, smiles to himself. It's been a long time since he's met an enemy this brave. Despite the mask over his eyes, there's an air of amusement in his expression as he works his machine's controls.

(Translated from the Ragalian)

"Show me what you're made of, Devil Machine," he comments to himself, careful not to transmit it to any of his men, or worse, the enemy. After all, perhaps it's simply a lucky strike on their part....

Outside, Gabe will see the suit reach for one of hilts at its hips, coming away with a heat sai in its left manipulator, before raising the rather oddly-shaped beam rifle in its right and aiming it squarely at the Gyro Gundam's retreating back. A moment later, a scintillating multi-colored beam roars away from the muzzle at the Gyro. He can sense a sort of amusement from the pilot, a strange sensation of hope against hope. Perhaps he's hoping his shot won't connect? He's not doing a very good job of trying to avoid that outcome if so...

Show
    Making a Quick follow up shot, taking advantage of Gabe's Recklessness (spending a Fate point to do so): (4d3-3)[5]
    Spoiler: Flashy Defense w/ Painting Aspect
    Show

I invoke "Psyched Up" once more, spending 1 Fate Point to try and survive the enemy suit's ungodly roll modifiers.

PS: Amusingly, my quote of your roll had it replaced with mine.
    Question: I can take this as 2 stress damage, avoiding the shot barely. Right?

(4d3-3)[5]

Gabriel was about to pivot the Gyro forward using its left side's gyroscopes, but, probably due to his NewType instincts, changes his mind at the last millisecond, instead activating both arms in order to imitate a somersault and engaging the thrusters, causing the mobile suit to diverge substantially from its original course.

This, combined with a sudden sharp increase of its heat signature, made him a very elusive target, but the maneuver exert a lot of pressure on the mobile suit and its content.

" I think I got its attention! It's fast!
    Last edited by Gorum; 2018-05-18 at 01:33 AM.

12. - Top - End - #312

"Okay, sure, I guess I can accept that, for now. But if our side was the one doing all this to Athrusa and Nurse Celeste, why are they still here? Still following orders and stuff? Surely they'd at least be able to recognize that it was humans experimenting on them and not Ragalians."

I have a quote!
    I like you.

13. - Top - End - #313

NinjaGuy

Captain Brighton considers for a moment, then shrugs.

"Unfortunately, I can't really give you a definitive answer on that one. They know it was humans who did this to them, but as to why they continue to stay, to serve, it's less clear. I've met others like them before. I don't know if it's part of their mental training or indoctrination, or just their natural disposition. It used to be that some Cyber Newtypes couldn't function without a master to tell them what to do. Qualian human weapons aren't like that; they can function on their own without needing to take orders per se, but a lot of them wind up in some sort of service function just the same." She sighs, her eyes taking on a far away look for a moment, before she refocuses on Yuuki. "In Celeste's case, she's here because she wants to be. Even though the program that created her was a failure, it was recognized that it wasn't her fault, it was their methodology that was faulty. They discharged her from the program since she was mentally stable and allowed her to do whatever she wanted at that point. She wanted to help people, became a nurse and enlisted with the Alliance, all of her own volition. She could probably elaborate better than I could if you're really curious; I only know that much because she told me."

She pauses for a moment, looking down at her hands, then back at Yuuki once more.

"As far as Athrusa goes, I can't say for certain, but I believe some of it has to do with how she was treated by other staffers both before and during the stint on Stechkin 4. She's...very grateful that we didn't leave her behind. At least, that's what I sense from her. Perhaps there's more to the story than that, but I haven't taken the time yet to find out. Perhaps you should ask her. It might help you to understand her better."

Spoiler: Boost
    Show
    Red Dust Storm - The asteroid dust is almost the same color as the Sasha, making it harder for the enemy to pick out the mobile suit from among the rocks.

14. - Top - End - #314

NinjaGuy

The powerful beam passes mere inches from the Gyro's back, and carves a new swath through the asteroid field. Despite the near miss, and the armor of the suit around him, Gabe can almost feel the heat of the beam in the back of his seat. Almost, but not quite. Unfortunately, the rapid maneuver has given the enemy the advantage they needed to flank him.

Spoiler: Situational Aspect: Surrounded!
    Show
    The enemy has boxed in the Gyro Gundam!

Now he has a few different options. One is to push the Gyro to its limit, using up all of his remaining power for a burst of speed that the enemy hopefully won't be able to follow, then try and maneuver into a safe place in the asteroids to let the suit recharge. Unfortunately, that will take time, time the enemy will use to overwhelm the Sasha and probably take the station. It'll also look really bad to his team watching on the sensors. They'll assume he's abandoning them...and they'd be right, from a certain perspective.

Another option, given their positioning, is to face the enemy commander and keep the battle close range. They won't be able to shoot at him without risking hitting their commander, and while the enemy suit's capabilities are largely still a question mark, the Gyro is no slouch in melee. It's a little odd, too, that such a high performance suit with such a powerful beam rifle doesn't have a beam saber. Perhaps it's hidden, but this enemy doesn't seem inclined to hold back, either, so why choose the heat weapon over a more powerful beam weapon, unless it doesn't have them?

A third option would be to try and take out one of the flankers, but that option is very risky. If the enemy commander or his other wingman have no regard for their men, they may shoot even with an ally in their way. A desperate move, to be sure, but not one completely without merit.

Meanwhile, IVan's two would-be pursuers seem to have short memories as IVan leads them on a winding loop right back to where he left his funnels. Too late, they recognize the area and try to shoot back at the funnels before the remote weapons can take them out...

Show
    Forcefully trying to take out funnels before they get taken out: (4d3-6)[1]

Unfortunately for them, they're not good enough for that tactic to work. They seem to get a message out before they're both eliminated in two messy explosions, a message that may give the rest of the enemy pause...

Spoiler: Boost Created
    Show
    A New Red Comet?!

The message seems to have distracted the remaining suits not engaged with the Gyro. Several of them fire thrusters to stop, violently, seemingly unsure of what to do. Even the suits engaged with the Gyro change their positions slightly, as though to guard against outside interference.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    It's now Gabe's turn.
    Last edited by Nova_Eclipse; 2018-05-20 at 12:08 AM.

15. - Top - End - #315
    Troll in the Playground

Athrusa looks just a little contrite as she nods, "O-oh, okay... I shouldn't really bother them, that sounds a lot more important. Sure, that would be great, sir. I'm just a little bit antsy, I guess!" She lets out a nervous little laugh of her own.

16. - Top - End - #316

"I've just got one other question then. Is this another part of your 'test'?" Yuuki looks the captain straight in the eyes. "I mean, seriously. The codes look genuine and all that stuff, but you did just spend the last week lying to me, so does this have anything to do with you plan to get me to prove myself?"

I have a quote!
    I like you.

17. - Top - End - #317

NinjaGuy

Captain Brighton meets Yuuki's gaze, her expression serious.

"No. It's not a deception, and it's not a test. The time for that ended the moment you stepped in the door. This," she says, gesturing at the datapad, "Is as it says. Believe it, or don't, that's the choice we both have to make about it. Making that decision is sometimes the margin between living and dying, in war. But this isn't a training exercise. This is real. I choose to believe it, based on my experience as a soldier. Perhaps ignoring it, or discounting it as untrue would be easier, but I can't do that, not when I now know that someone in my crew potentially has a target painted on their back, by their own government. I'd feel the same way if it was you, instead of Athrusa. Hell, even if it was Akiba." Her serious expression fades into a wry grin, but the honesty in her eyes doesn't change. "But then, your life experience is different than mine. I don't think you'd throw either of them to the wolves out of spite, but perhaps it just isn't enough for you. That's fine, it's good to be skeptical, especially when you have a bombshell like this dropped in your lap. If I didn't know where it came from, who provided it, and the lengths they went to to get it, I'd be wary, too. And despite that, I wouldn't say you'd necessarily be wrong to disbelieve it; misinformation is a powerful tool employed by both humans and Ragalians alike."

She leans forward as her expression grows serious again.

"All of this leads up to one thing, though, regardless of whether you believe what's in this file or not. One thing I'm asking you to do. I can't really order you to do it; it's something you have to do on your own. Will you at least give Athrusa the benefit of the doubt, and judge her based on her actions, and not her appearance, or possible origin?"

Spoiler: Compel
    Show
    Captain Brighton is trying to compel Yuuki to suspend her animosity towards Athrusa by using her Inexperience in dealing with intelligence bombshells like the one the file represents.

"No worries. Why not take a bit of a walk while you wait? It might help calm your nerves," the Chief suggests. "I'm sure you probably don't get much chance when they've not got meds in you, right?"
    Last edited by Nova_Eclipse; 2018-05-21 at 09:14 PM.

18. - Top - End - #318
    Troll in the Playground

"Yeah... I might say hi to some other parts of the ship I haven't, say thanks to them? I'm, you know-- I'm really grateful to be part of the ship..." Athrusa natters somewhat anxiously. "I wanna make a good impression."

19. - Top - End - #319

NinjaGuy

The Chief chuckles.

"You've already made a good one by fighting alongside the Captain to save the ship. It's us who should be thanking you." She can almost hear the man's smile. "Wander around a little bit; I'll tell Yuuki and Itachi to come find you once they're done with their meeting."

20. - Top - End - #320
    Banned

DwarfClericGuy

Realizing he is now boxed by enemy suits, one of which showed a reaction that couldn't be chalked to mere luck which foiled what he considered the perfect offense, G.G. has to think fast:

> Fleeing or Surrendering are not options. Sacrificing the station to the furballs would be trading an extremely slim chance of survival for none at all, and a glorious death for a shameful one.

> Fighting is not an option either. Not long-term. Outnumbered, out-gunned and, worst of all, out-skilled, surviving beyond the next couple of minutes would be quite the achievement.

So much for the "Flight or Fight" or fight mechanism! An idea suddenly sparks into Gabriel's mind. It's a stretch, but then again, the concept of being able to regret a bad decision is a more ridiculous one. He'd have to use "Bluff-timidate". So, with a slightly crazy smirk on his face, Gabe opens the comms:

"Hey, Jack. Since we'll most certainly all be dead in a couple of minutes anyway, mind trying something? I need you to do something that will be picked up by THEIR sensors. The weirder, the better. Something like super-heating our water reserves and venting them out would be ideal."

Gabe engages his thrusters attempting to ram the suit between him and the asteroid belt. He hopes the enemy's fast reflexes and self-preservation instinct will cause him to dodge and chase.

" They've spent a lot of resources to wipe out a small station that could be left to starve. Chances are they don't know what kind of strategical importance this station has, or don't. If we do this right, we might be a credible threat enough to demand THEIR withdrawal or surrender!

GO!!!
    "

Spoiler: Quickly Create an Advantage with the Agile Ion Thrusters
    Show

I initiate evasion maneuvers in order to bolster this next turn's defense rolls, buying time for Joe to attempt something. Quickly [+2] with my suit's aspect [+2]. If possible (as being boxed is an advantage for them, not a complication for me), I also move from Zone C to the safety of Zone B. Better a dogfight in terrain that advantages me.

(4d3-4)[3]
    Last edited by Gorum; 2018-05-24 at 11:20 AM.

21. - Top - End - #321
    Troll in the Playground

"N-no, I really do appreciate everyone's efforts... having a home to come back to -- being cared for medically and otherwise, even having food to eat..." Athrusa blushes, maybe thinking that she sounds a little bit like a scraggly orphan, but salutes again as she heads off, down towards... the living areas. Now that she thinks about it, she hasn't actually had a chance to visit any part of the ship that was the mobile suit dock and the infirmary...

22. - Top - End - #322

"You seemed fine ordering me around for smaller reasons," Yuuki replies. "But...yeah, I guess I kinda have to, knowing this. Assuming it has anything to do with real life, anyway."

Spoiler
    Show
    Accepting the compel

I have a quote!
    I like you.

23. - Top - End - #323

NinjaGuy

The Gyro surges forwards and down, towards the lower flanker. Although the enemy suit was expecting something of this nature to happen, he's not familiar with just how fast the Gyro can be. His reaction to dodge and attempt to keep flanking position on Gabe suggests an experienced pilot, though perhaps not one with the raw ability of the Gundam pilot.

Show
    Quickly trying to keep flanking position and close formation so that the Gyro can't evade: (4d3-8)[3]

The Gyro's speed and maneuverability outmatches the grunts, at least, and while he's not able to escape the formation entirely, the rock density here means the enemy is forced to open the formation some or risk being slammed into a rather large rock by colliding with the Gyro.

Spoiler: Outcome: Tie, Boost instead of Aspect
    Show
    Loosened Formation - The rocks and Gabe's sudden maneuver have given him a small opening in which he may be able to eliminate some of his flankers
    Last edited by Nova_Eclipse; 2018-05-25 at 08:59 PM.

24. - Top - End - #324
    Titan in the Playground

IVan Tessera
    Bravo Belt

The Sasha recalls the funnels, which place themselves on the under of the wing binders, joining the rest of the compliment. He considers the situation. The enemies were surrounding the Gyro Gundam, which has been damaged. At this rate, the unit would be lost, and the project could be canceled on its failure. This didn't bode well. Despite the mobile suit's defective wetware, which deigned it necessary to run straight at the enemy, and even considered destroying the station's own water supply, the technology had some merit for high agility space ocmbat. Suffice it to say, it was time to clean up this mess.

IVan crosses his arms and closes his eyes. He reaches out with his mind to the station. Inside, he wanted them to belay that order from Goldstein. Of course, he wasn't sure how good it telepathy, but it was worth a shot while half of his funnels refueled and recharged their weapons. Once they were ready, he looked over the battlefield again. The red debris from the asteroids had drifted to the next area. IVan grimaced. For once the ostentatious color of the Sasha would be to his advantage.

The winger binders of the Sasha pointed to either side of the mobile suit, and launched six funnels each. The small machines moved to surround the enemy lead unit. Crippled without their AWACS machine, combined with debris and asteroids for cover, they'd be difficult to fire. IVan closed his eyes again, feeling the anxiety in his prey. His eyes opened suddenly, and he fired the Sasha's thrusters at full throttle momentarily, then cut them to drift through the debris quietly. At the same time, the funnels fired their beam weapons, the green bolts assailing the new Ragalian machine from every side. Once the Sasha was close enough, it attacked from the drifting debris field; the six mega particle cannons, two on each binder and two on the Sasha's lower torso, fired, launching arcing red and blue beams at the target. As the shots cleaved their way through the debris, one might mistake it for the sky being on fire.

Spoiler: Ambush!
    Show

Sneak Attack
    (4d3+5)[14]
    3 sneak + 2 All Range Attack + 2 AWACS down! +2 A new red Comet?! + 2 Red Debris +2 Home Court Advantage

Now the Sasha was in the battlefield, its glistening red hull playing the coda to its ferocious entry. The single green eye stared hungrily at its prey. From its pilot, there is an intense feeling of unbridled malice. There will be no graves today, only trophies.
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.

25. - Top - End - #325

NinjaGuy

"Not so fast, Devil Machine!" The enemy commander comments to himself, shoving his controls forward to keep up with the Gyro. The only suit currently on the battlefield capable of keeping up with the speedy Gundam, the machine drives in fast, feinting a thrust with its heat sai, before flipping the hilt of the weapon around at the last moment to attempt to knock the cockpit of the Gyro hard enough to knock the pilot out!

Show
    Cleverly feinting a deadly attack for a disable instead: (4d3-5)[4]

Meanwhile, the remaining suits the Gyro, the enemy commander, and the flankers left behind seem to come to a decision and maneuver to attempt to intercept the Sasha, mostly with shots meant to disable the crimson suit.

Show
    Carefully trying to disable the Sasha: (4d3-6)[2]

Meanwhile, Joe responds to Gabe's request for doing something!

"On it, G-man! We've got a surprise of our own for the furballs, we just need another minute or two! Can you hold out that long?"

Spoiler: Fate Point Awarded
    Show
    Yuuki earns a Fate Point!

"Thank you. I can't order you to feel a certain way about someone, you know,"
    Captain Brighton says, her expression still serious, "So just this much means a lot to me. I'll make you a promise, though: if I learn anything else about any of this, more info, whatever, I'll share it with you, along with how I got it. I know this isn't an easy thing for you to do, and you deserve at least that much from me. There's just one more thing, and then you can go."

She touches a control on her desk, and one of the screens behind Yuuki lights up with an audible beep. It displays a map of their destination system. Yuuki can recognize it instantly; they've been going over the system layout for a couple of days now. She gestures at it. "We'll be dropping out of FTL in about 6 hours. I know you're tired and that you just came off shift before coming here, but I need you on duty during drop out. We'll be dropping in with a very high relative velocity, and it will be noisy. If the enemy is there, you and Athrusa will need to be ready to scramble right away."

She sighs, rolling her eyes, flopping back against her chair. "I've been warned by two Admirals and reminded by no less than four other captains that I'm a captain now, not a pilot and unless the ship is in dire peril, I shouldn't leave it. So, unless we jump into the middle of an enemy fleet, or come out next to another worldship, I most likely will be unable to join you. Sazabi will still be fueled and ready on a catapult, just in case, but in all likelihood, I won't be joining you this time. I'm hoping none of us will need to launch, but I wanted to let you know first. I'll give you two a more detailed briefing about an hour before drop-out. I think your father wanted to have a meeting with your suit's crew, too, I'll try to work around that to give you as much time to rest as I can. Try and relax for a few hours, ok?"

Athrusa's nose leads her first to the ship's galley. There's a small cafeteria attached to it, where about half a dozen people mill about, talking. None seem to give much notice to Athrusa, though a young woman with grey-white hair seems to be watching her with interest. There are a number of snack type foods on the menu; it's between designated shift breaks, and with most of the crew securing the ship for drop-out, there's little demand for food right now, though judging by the massive pot of coffee she spots on one side of the room, that particular beverage is probably being consumed in copious amounts right about now....

26. - Top - End - #326
    Titan in the Playground

Sasha Gundam Wetware
    A Trophy Room

The Sasha's Wetware detects an attack. The thrusters fire as twists and weaves to avoid the enemy fire, using the newtype components to predict the enemy shots.

Spoiler: Quick defense
    Show

(4d3-2)[6]
    +2 from IVan's newtype stunt

The funnels that the Sasha scattered on the battlefield are like the teeth on a hungry wolf. Even the Gyro Gundam doesn't seem to escape their attention. Newtype weapons designed to act on the instincts of the wielder, almost possessing a will of their own...
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2018-05-25 at 09:50 PM.

27. - Top - End - #327

NinjaGuy

The enemy suits' shots go wide of the Sasha, and debris they create serves to further shroud the battlefield and provide more opportunities for the Sasha to strike from cover.

Show
    The Red Cloud - Even more dust is spreading through the asteroid field, providing even better cover for both the Sasha and its funnels.

28. - Top - End - #328
    Banned

DwarfClericGuy

Show
    Cleverly feinting a deadly attack for a disable instead:
    As the Gyro's feed displays how close the Regalian leader manages to remain, cold sweat runs down Gabriel's back, his heart-rate, blood pressure and respiration rate all increases, his posture becomes tense. Overcoming the flash of panics, with a flick of his fingers, the Gyro's gyros engage.

As he forces the gyros out of their position to, in turn, flip the Gyro out of its position and engage in a defensive tumble, the only thing Goldstein's got in mind is to buy more time for the techs to finally act in self-preservation, and the automaton-set-on-smug to line up a second successful shot.

Spoiler: Flashily dodging, using Home Court Advantage and Loosened Formation
    Show

(4d3-1)[6]

Meanwhile, Joe responds to Gabe's request for doing something!

"On it, G-man! We've got a surprise of our own for the furballs, we just need another minute or two! Can you hold out that long?"
    "Of course, take your time. I'm... Ugh!!!... I'm just having a bit of fun playing "Mouse and Cats" with Darth Mittens over here. Do me a favor, when you're ready, go ahead and state on all channels "Preparation phase 1 ready" or something."
    Last edited by Gorum; 2018-05-27 at 04:29 AM.

29. - Top - End - #329
    Troll in the Playground

The smell coming out of the cafeteria was too good for Athrusa to ignore. It made her wonder... when the last time she ate real food was. Even back on Stetchkin, she'd largely relegated herself to carbohydrate paste and the occasional rare MRE, typically out of a desire to avoid crowded areas like the mess hall. But she's really feeling quite an appetite for something real after so much...

A pause, as she looks towards the white-haired young woman. "H-hello, I'm Athrusa!"

30. - Top - End - #330

NinjaGuy

The Gyro's rapid maneuver pulls it out of the path of the other suit, its momentum from the strike uncontrolled as it flashes past, exposing its back to Gabe. It will take the Ragalian ace a moment to maneuver to get the suit back under control, and out of danger.

Show
    Uncontrolled Momentum - The enemy suit has overshot, and will need a moment to maneuver to get back into position.

"Roger that!"

And then, for a brief instant, the sky lights up, as the Sasha fires both its weapons and its bits. The enemy commander grits his teeth and stops his correction as he senses the sudden, intense malice from another machine somewhere else, instead shoving his throttles forward, and pulling back on the control handles as the beams lance towards his suit, breaking formation with his comrades in a desperate attempt to get away from the deadly lances of energy.

Show
    Quickly trying to evade the Sasha's fire! (4d3)[10]

Spoiler: Outcome: Success With Style
    Show
    You may reduce damage by 1 to create a boost. Doing so won't change the following outcome.

The rapid maneuver is successful, at least in the fact that it manages avoid a fatal hit, but damage is taken nonetheless. Several beams score the suit's armor plates, and one even manages to hit and bisect its powerful beam rifle. The suit isn't down, yet, but its combat potential has been severely reduced by a wide margin, and some of its thrusters are now sparking, rather than providing thrust. Still out of position, the enemy commander now has a choice to make. Stay and fight, or retreat for reinforcements, as his few remaining soldiers are unlikely to be able to cope with such tactics.

Spoiler: New Enemy Aspect
    Show
    Damaged Thrusters - A consequence of evading the Sasha's fire, the suit's maneuverability is reduced. It can still fight, but at a lower capacity.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I'll post the enemy's current damage tracks once I know whether you want to take the boost or not, Snowbluff. He had to take a consequence no matter what, but I don't know which stress box he'll be using yet. Once I've posted the boost, if it's taken, then it will be Gabe's turn.

The young woman nods to her, glances around, then gets up and moves up to the Artificial Ragalian. Her uniform is a bit different; while it's styled mostly like the RA uniforms of the ship personnel, there are extra patches on it that Athrusa's never seen before. One of them she might or might not recognize as the logo for the Anaheim Consortium. The others are unrecognizable.

"So you are." Her voice is quiet but there's an edge to it, as though she's daring the listener to mess with her. "Skye. Arianna Skye. I was hoping to talk to you after we dropped out safely, but I can relay a little now, I suppose, if you've a minute to chat." She gestures back towards her table, an invitation to sit. Odd manners, to say the least.
    Last edited by Nova_Eclipse; 2018-05-27 at 09:13 PM.